Speaker 1: Welcome in, ladies and gentlemen to Leading Off, brought to you by Price Picks promo code Leading Off get you one matchup to one hundred bucks. Why would you not want to get locked in? You can lock in with Bubba and myself because that is the bald co host today, beat Entric Casey Bubba in the house. I'm Welsh and we have got some trades trade deadline pass Bubba. We had some pretty exciting stuff, kind of whimper towards the end, even though there's a little bit going on. This is going to be like a very very heavy, heavy MLB trade deadline breakdown show, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's going to be. It was fun.
Speaker 3: It could have been crazier, as we said off the air, but there was a lot of action. A lot of kind of teams decided they wanted to try to go for it out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Some teams just blowing up the ship. It was. It was a weird trade deadline.
Speaker 3: I guess it's what we get now with a million teams making the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was actually talking about it.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I did see me a Sports HQ for a little bit. Yeah, I think you. Oh yeah, right here, I think Angelo was saying, I was on that yesterday. That one of the things, and I think I also said this on a Sports Ethos broadcast that like, I think we all got like, oh, all these teams, you know, leading up to the trade deadline are going to be you know, thinking are they in it? And it might be weird for the trade deadline, then everything will explode. Well, I kind of actually think all those teams that were in it made people not sure because it's like there's a team that's four games or five games back. You're not quite the buyer, you're not quite the seller, and it just made teams hold back. I think Mike Hasen obviously I pay attention to the Diamondbacks. Mike Hasen was asked like why didn't you do more? You know, why didn't you get a picture? And he's like, the pitching market was rough, and we saw it in the trades, and we were going to talk about that, especially the big one. But of course, of course, not only were they arguably one of the big trade winners at the deadline, they also to all the attention away from the trade deadline on what the hell are we Tuesday? Because Wednesday, I'm all thrown off by the new show schedule, Bubba, because Framberveldez and the Houston Astros threw a no hitter. Yes, so no hitter. Framber only walked one, struck out seven. Did it in ninety seven pitches?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ninety seven, ninety three whichever one it was under one hundred pitches is crazy. I'm blown away by that, especially because of just where he was at. This was his third shutout, first no hitter, and nine and seven on the season with a three point zero seven era. You know, Framber's been kind of dicey all year in you know how we've been wanting to value him no hitter if you could still sell at your fantasy trade deadline. Is this an opportunity you're going to jump off of the bandwagon or you think this is going to be a big turnaround with Verlander? And maybe I don't know, I don't know if there's a real pressure thing that's going on here, Bubba, but you know he does get to move down I suppose in one spot of the order that they would be facing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still a team. Framber is one of my top pitchers going into the season. I love what fram Er Valdez has to offer to the table. He had an ankle injury that kind of threw him back for a few starts. I think this is He's not a no hit guy every time out, obviously, but Framber is a dude who're gonna get seven ays or more on a lot of starts. He's gonna give you quality starts. I love what we saw there. It was the first no hitter with less than one hundred pitches in the twenty first century.
Speaker 2: So that's stat really. Yeah. David Kohane and.
Speaker 3: One other kid is totally by his name Cone did it with eighty eight pitches back in the day, and it's the first no hitter by Astro's pitcher by themselves, not a combined no hitter since Justin Verlander in twenty nineteen, on the same day they got Justin Verlander. So got karma. Karma is a fun, fun thing.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's pretty it's pretty appropriate. I'd love to see Framberg get back to like who he was originally. I'm looking at his his zone charts, you know, on the zone charts. I think if I'm gonna I wish I could actually pull it up here. I'm gonna look compared to two thousand in twenty two. He's using curveball cutter change up. The twenty twenty two version had the change up a little bit higher in the zone. The cutter was eating that bottom left corner a whole lot, as was the curveball. The curveball actually had a big old red spot right outside of the strike zone, which was inducing a lot more strikes. The curveball is just not as effective there, and the changeup is sitting a little bit lower. So then the problem, I suppose is Framber hasn't really been able to induce the top half of the zone for hitters. It's just a fastball. Last year, you know, he could get a curveball there, he could get a change up. The bottom of the zone is off speed, the top of the zone is a fastball, which maybe has led to some of the struggles. He's been hit harder. Barrel percentage is the second highest of his career, the average EV is the highest of his career, but he's also striking out one of the highest of his career. Now he's got a sub expected for ERA after this no hitter. Pretty awesome performance, but also, I don't know, I kind of see it as maybe an opportunity to sell. So who did they get, Yes, they got Justin Verlander and they traded the house. What a weird This was the trade dude that I was like, oh okay, because I but not shocked that Verlander would go to the Astros. I was shocked that the Astros gave up Drew Gilbert and Ryan Clifford. If you're not prospect savvy, Drew Gilbert is absolutely a top prospect. Struggled a little bit in his move up, but from High A to Double A, he's lowered his strikeout percentage, he's raised his walks, and his batting average has gone down a little bit. Iso has struggled, but the guys already hit Double A and this is a twenty twenty potential bat. I never thought that they would trade. Then they also get this kid, Ryan Clifford, who's a big power potential eighteen homer so far in two different levels. Part of the reason is because the Mets are paying fifty four million dollars on an assumed pickup of an option to get those prospects. They traded Verlander in fifty four million for Drew Gilbert, which is absurd. So you know, we don't need to go crazy into the Drew Gilbert stuff. I think this is a good destination. Long term thoughts on Justin Verlander? Are we an up for him being with Houston now? He's had a good July one six ninety ra in July, but he's at like an all time low and strikeouts and walks her up. So what's your take on this version of Verlander we're gonna get.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's a good Verlander, that's what we've seen in recent month or so.
Speaker 2: But is it going to be the sit young Verlander. No, we're not gonna see that anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Maybe we get a better glenspit next year, a year removed from the injury. It's a great It's a needed addition to the Hoaster Nationals. Do they want to go for another World Series because you know, Christian Lavierre struggling, They're getting their Kidi back, But to what level? There's there's holes in the rotation that Verlander definitely is going to help with. So you're getting a very very good Verlander, is if the cy young Verlander? Know, but it's a high quality of Verlander that it's necessary for a team that wants to go for ust or see if they even think they're going to the World Series. And you face a team like the Braves, you need another big, big time pitcher to go with Framber and Kelly because in reality, how many more enies Hunter Brown even have? How deep can he go into the season. There's a lot of questions in that rotation.
Speaker 1: Would you be willing? Is Verlander a cell? I mean I kind of presented you with Framber coming off of the no hitter. There's an ultimate peak value off of some struggles, and like I said, he's expected era is closer to four still, and there are some things as far as how he's getting hit or not great. Verlander's same thing. It's been a phenomenal run. He's going back to his team. But he has the lowest strikeout percentage of his career right now, highest walk percentage, second highest walk percentage of his career, the second highest expected era of his career. So those are not exactly awesome. But the Great July and the trade to the Astros has him like at peak value. So would you be willing or are you going to just write it out? If you had to pick.
Speaker 3: One, I would be willing to listen to offers for Justin Verlander because I think you can probably sell high in this scenario, Like you're saying, I see where you're going with that one, because he is the new flavor of the week right now and he has been pitching well.
Speaker 2: So I'd be cool with doing that.
Speaker 3: Maybe you get a couple starting pitchers to fill avoid of one or something along those lines. So like, if you can flip Verlander for Zach Wheeler, sign me up stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I feel like you could maybe flip him for like wheel or plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, one hundred percent, I'm with you. I just I just think Wheeler's better than Verlander, period. So if you can sell him for more, go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before he gets moved. So check this out too, because I was talking bubb about this, completely enamored with this the Mets. The thing I never expected that the trade deadline was that the Mets were going to pay the money that they did to acquire prospects and get rid of players. Fifty four million dollars and thirty five million dollars and the max suers are in Justin Verlander trade. That is eighty nine million dollars that they sent. So the question is do you guys know how many I'm gonna ask the chat this real quick. How many teams have a lesser of a payroll than what the Mets paid to get rid of Suresuer and U and Verlander. Let's say de grom so eighty nine million dollars. Can you guys guess real quick, because then I'm gonna quiz Bubba here for a second to see if he can get how many teams have a payroll under eighty nine million dollars? Which Steve Cohen took a lighter and went sh burned it, threw it out there. Save Thos goggles, says a Donnie said nineteen. No, there's a lot more than that, Savos Goggles says eight. Eric also said eight, ooh, other Eric. We got all the Erics in the chat.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, Eric is getting warmer. All of them know the answer, and you guys can go in the chat for the next question is five. There are five teams, according to spotrack, that have less than ninety or eighty and that less than ninety million dollars on their payroll. Five teams, So, Bubba and Chat, can you name those teams that have a lower payroll than what Steve Cohen burned to the ground at the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I made a list here, so we're gonna see if this works. Tampa Bay is one, so we already talked about that.
Speaker 2: I knew that one out there.
Speaker 1: They're the fourth lowest, seventy seven million dollars. That's the fourth chat. You're welcome to jump in with some names here.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh Pirates.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh Pirates are the second lowest, sixty eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a great one. That's number five. That was eighty seven million dollars.
Speaker 3: So you're down to, say jrim off of that, they're like thirty three million.
Speaker 1: You're down to the lowest and the second and the third lowest.
Speaker 2: Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 1: Incorrect. The Detroit Tigers actually have a payroll of one hundred and twenty one million. I think that's thanks to Mickey in there.
Speaker 3: What about the Miami Marlins incorrect? Okay, there's some of the chat that makes sense. Royals in the chat is one.
Speaker 1: That's a great guess. I saw Eric in there in Trevor incorrect. Really, they are actually six.
Speaker 3: I did not say Oakland Athletics I'm a more. And that's the lowest pay roll in all of baseball.
Speaker 1: That is the lowest, at fifty six million dollars. Here's the stat the Justin the money they sent just for Justin Verlander was two million short of the entire A's payroll. There's one more team on here that I don't think anyone has guessed. You want one last.
Speaker 2: Shot, one last team. This team is.
Speaker 1: In playoff contention right now.
Speaker 2: Playoff contention. There's a lot too. I don't waste time.
Speaker 1: Who you got chat the Baltimore Orioles seven, They.
Speaker 2: Have all the prospects. They're cheap.
Speaker 1: It's very cheap right now. The Baltimore Orioles were the fine. The Reds was also a good guess they were. They were seventh lowest. So that's how many teams had less of a payroll than what the Mets did, which I thought was insane. I thought that was crazy, all right. So other trades, my stupid Arizona Diamondbacks traded Stavvy himself. Tommy, fam don't mess with that man's money, especially in Fantasy foot or he is going to slap you. They also got some cash considerations. They traded absolutely nothing to the Mets. This was one of those where the Mets again they sent money. They sent Tommy Fam. The Diamondbacks will pick up the money. To be fair, Tommy, this was nothing. This is a nothing burger. Good the stupid Diamondbacks and spent some money. And they needed a right handed bat, especially in the outfield because it's like literally if they go Alec Thomas Corbyn, Carroll and Jake McCarthy all lefties, so they needed that right handed bat in the outfield. Tommy Fam has had a pretty good year, regardless of the sour puss that he is or not. What do you think about Fam with that Arizona offense.
Speaker 3: I like him for the offense in a big, big way. He's been having a really good year, especially the last month and a half or so.
Speaker 2: He's looking healthy.
Speaker 3: My biggest question, and I'm glad I'm talking to you because I talked with it on Bloomfield. On our show last night we recapped the trades, that where does this work because you had the best defensive outfield in all of Baseball's epltuning with McCarthy, Is that how we're seeing this or what's is he just dhing primarily I'll incorporate.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be a primary DH because they've liked to run Lord of Korea out and left a decent amount. So I think what this is going to do is this is going to put Lord's Garriellan left and then this is going to have Corbin Carolyn most likely center, but Carol will move over to right when Alec Thomas is there, and this will be a platoon situation between McCarthy, Lordis, and Alec. Those three will all switch Tommy fam DH's But I still think Lordis can move to DH and Tommy could play a little bit of left field. So Corbin is unfazed by this. This just kind of alters the rotation a little bit, But I think this is a good offensive spot for him. He's been stealing bases, he can hit homers. There's a lot of lineup protection if he hits five, I would guess because Lordis, let's say Carol's hitting three, Lordis hits I think two. Katel's leading off. You got Christian Walker at force, He's probably gonna hit five or six. There's a lot of RBI opportunities with those.
Speaker 2: Perdomo moved to the bottom of the order.
Speaker 1: Now I think he could. It's something that they like to hit Perdomo at the top of the order. Yeah, so I mean that's.
Speaker 2: Wicked off by a catcher last night.
Speaker 1: For that, that's why he could move to six. Yeah, they said they cannot have that, and you absolutely cannot have that happen. So you know what, Tommy fam even a better offensive option. I still hated the trade, and it was hilarious that it happened, but it did. The Marlins acquired a Burger as I am probably going to later maybe Eater, Yeah, for Jake Eater. So thoughts on thoughts on Burger. The only sad thing is Burger is probably not going to get that second base eligibility.
Speaker 2: Now that's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so talk to me about Burger.
Speaker 3: That's the biggest takeaway is like I was so excited to have a second base, third base, Jake Burger, you know, big boy like myself playing second bases. It's like sloping softball stuff. But it's you know, it is what it is, a more hitter, more picture friendly ballpark. He's moving to. He's still gonna play ey dy STI gonna play the third base. I just think it's it's great for people as or caster. Like, guys, you get a burger for an eater, it's it's pretty pretty pretty good stuff. He can't make that stuff up.
Speaker 1: No, you can't. I need to figure out. I was trying to figure out if the Marlins had any other food based players and trying I want to find because I did the food based team. We were talking over here a day, but like, who is the most food based team? Like, has the most food based players? So, by the way, where's your favorite burger?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're gonna do this and we get canceled. It's no in and out. It's not the best burger exactly. I like five guys, because you can design it the way you want it. I've never had water burger, so.
Speaker 1: I like to put out a loan for your burger.
Speaker 3: That's the only problem it So in reality, it's like as silly as it sounds, if you go to the right one. Carls Junior is not that bad when it comes to burgers.
Speaker 1: Per se yea, But I mean the answer is what a burger?
Speaker 2: But that's I've never been so can't help you still didn't go out here? No? No, I was, yeah, no, So.
Speaker 1: What you gotta do is Jason Kalett. Everybody we all love to We know that Jason Klette is a concoisseur of of what a burger? And we had bagman went out with him. You got to go with those two and then we got to do a special when you're out here in Arizona because what about.
Speaker 2: Your man play? Sign me up?
Speaker 1: All right? The what chat burger Burger places? Where's the best burger? You guys post that under a couple of the big trades of Guardian acquired Gene Sigura, who they then said Peace caught him and they got Khalil Watson for Josh Bell, so you know, the Manzarto stuff. I still don't think this really affects anything, but there is. They've already kind of cleared that. I was shocked that Watson did this, but the like that he was traded for just Josh Bell. But part of the problem was also I think about them trading Josh Bell out, maybe even paying money. So Josh Bell didn't pick up his option, so he's a player option. So that was a really interesting trade that went down fantasy. I don't know if there's any really any fantasy implications there. There's not a lot of runners. There's just a bunch of huge power in Miami. So I don't really know if there's anything to take back. Maybe Jean Sigura might go somewhere with any thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's just kind of a lateral move again. You know, Bell is starting to hit in Cleveland, goes to Miami. We'll see how it goes. I think long term for the Marlins is great. They're getting a core of young, more young players to because they had all those outflulers.
Speaker 2: Now they have an infield kind of base they're building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the Orioles did make a move. They acquired Jake flah Clarity or Jack flarerty I say, Jake from the Cardinals for Caesar Prito and Drew Rahm. I was on when CBS. I was on and they were all like being like every trade like things are cool, and then they went to me about Jake Jack Flaherty and I was just like, yeah, Jack Flaherty is like the I lost and I have to do something type of move. I'm like, this stinks. This is a stinky move. Maybe they'll fix something with him, you know. I think maybe they can work on the curveball or something. But everything is down. Whiffs are down in general, v low is down. I don't really have a lot of thoughts on this. Do you think the Orioles can fix Flarity and he's someone we should be paying attention to.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he can. They can fix him in time, I pay attention to me. He's been I've been streaming him throughout the year. He's not a locked in every time out type guy. My best only been streaming him. And again, similar to some other teams we talked about, there's so many young pitchers have been called up. The Orioles just sent Taylor Wells back to the Miners because he's already over his Indians limit from last year.
Speaker 2: They have a lot of young arms they're gonna need.
Speaker 3: And that's what Flarity can do is eat at least five to six innings every time out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. All right, So I'm gonna burn through some of the these other trades here after. If there's a guy or to you know, you can focus on it. Phillies acquired Michael Lorenzen. That was kind of a shocker for Hey, you lee a good prospect infielder that I That one pissed me off though, because it's like, could nobody else beat that?
Speaker 2: Like Diamonbacks, you couldn't beat that, So the same thing as the Giants.
Speaker 1: I'm like, really, yeah, gianson do anything? Like no one could beat that. I would have rather had him a head scratcher, which absolutely destroys value. The Padres acquired Scott Barlow from the Royals for Henry Williams and Haesus Rios. Barlow decimated value because they didn't move on from Hater, so he is done. Carlos Hernandez would be someone you could probably turn your focus to for closing for saves with the Royals, I would look at that, So it was just such a weird one. Also, the Padres made a move acquiring Garrett Cooper and Sean Reynolds and some cash for Ryan Weathers, who went over to the Marlins. Another one of those most red Sox acquired Luis Urias from the Brewers, so bye bye. That leaves up some room for there. Brewers acquired Andrew Trafin for the Diamondbacks for literally nothing. Peter Streslek, the Diamondback's local radio guys were hilarious, so like, ay, we traded. We got a young bullpen Arms's twenty eight years old. That's not a young bullpen arm so lol, that's absolutely nothing. They gave him for free. We White Sox acquired Louis Patino, so Louis Patino sighting maybe he can resurrect his career a little bit like a Rinaldo Lopez going in relief and maybe getting some closing options down the line, something I was thinking. Padres I forgot about this. Also acquired Rich Hill and g man Choi for Jackson Wolf and Estuar Sora, who is a guy I've seen a bunch out here in complex and Alfonso Rivas. And then the Blue Jays acquired Paul the Young and cash considerations from the Cardinals for Matt Swanson. With the potential injury or no severe injury of Bobaschett. Any of those jump out to you as a huge positive or negative on the other trades.
Speaker 3: The Padres kind of surprised me coming into the last hour to kind of make a bunch of okay moves. I guess rich Hill gives them the depth they needed. The G man Choi Cooper thing releas thing, because I love Cooper.
Speaker 2: I've been playing them a lot. Now they're gonna be a strictly ap platoon.
Speaker 3: And it makes sense in real life baseball because Cooper dominates lefties Chroy Righty's, so Cooper's fantasy value takes a massive hit in that scenario for me. Other than that, though out of this list, nothing too crazy. The only thing I will mention, and I apologize if you have it hidden somewhere in the outline here. The best move that didn't happen on the day of that Eduardo Regaz putting his hand to.
Speaker 2: The face of the Dodgers. That was just about that.
Speaker 1: That was my just for fun, is that Jeff Passon had reported, and you know I should have asked him, because Jim Bowden was on the show I was on yesterday and he seemed to know what was going on. But what happened was apparently the Dodgers and Tigers had agreed to a trade for Edwardo Rodriguez and then Edwardo said suck it. He said nope, uh, hands of the face. He blocked the trade using his no trade clause. Bowden seemed to indicate that it was a big trade that they're because if you know Edwardo has the ability to pick up a player option, which would have made him a three year, forty million, forty nine million dollars rest of the way. So by virtue of picking that up, that would have been really valuable. He seemed to indicate that there were some big pieces going over to the Tigers game. So I don't know what that was. Could it have been Michael Bush, Bobby Miller, We'll never know. Because EDWARDO said, suck it to the Dodgers, and all of us as Diamondback Giants fans, we can appreciate that.
Speaker 2: To some degree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had so many questions because somehow out of the ten teams on his no trade list to Dodgers met the list, which you don't see probably on anybody else's no trade clause. And the other things I heard in three reports is he wanted to go to Boston or Baltimore, where he's been in his career and go contend with them. So what I really question, and maybe Boden would have been good for this too, is the Tigers spent all that time negotiating, did they forget to ask the man they had to get approval? Like you literally it's going in like when you go and study for a test and realize, oh wait, that was the wrong chapter. I spent all night studying and now it's not even this test verst taking. Now, Like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: Pe Yeah, by the way, he's pitching right now, give it. I think he's got bases loaded, so this might get stinky.
Speaker 2: So I don't care. He can do it for the Tigers all season for all I care.
Speaker 1: I guess, so, all right on some injuries up with the trail. Oh just real quick, I know we're spending so much time. We'll go a tiny bit over here. You guys aren't gonna hate me for it. Any clear winner and loser from the deadline for.
Speaker 3: You, losers would be the New York Mets, because, like I know it, maybe in like six years it'll be great because they got a bunch of teenagers.
Speaker 2: And they got good ones. I'm not going to say that. I won't knock it that much.
Speaker 3: But when you go all in like that, and then the reports that have already come out, so we're not really even trying to contend in twenty four, like we're here. They so they basically said they're not on a Tawnyes, with that says.
Speaker 1: I don't believe one.
Speaker 3: Eppler said that though also it wasn't just a su Yeah, I'd be shocked to with Cohen and his ego and his money, I'd be shocked, but I'd say the Mets.
Speaker 2: I love what the Rangers did.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love the Rangers what they did because they're already a continuing team with that offense, they bolt. They they got pitching depth that we've seen. You never can have too much pitching depth in baseball. I love what the Rangers did that that that bolster, big time.
Speaker 1: Rangers were my number one That's what I said on the broadcast too. Rangers getting Montgomery and Max Scherzer cut Max covering essentially to gram until he gets back is phenomenal. I love what they did my losers, Yankees and the Giants because they didn't do anything and Giants are two and a half games out. Yankees, I know they were bottom of the division, ten games out of first, but you were still four or five games over five hundred. Both of them not being aggressive and making any moves. I thought that was a big, pretty big loser.
Speaker 3: I'll suck at your Giants commentary, especially as a jilted Giants fan first this off season that they butchered and now this like I like far Hanzahaiti, but lately the it's not looking good lately now.
Speaker 1: Well, also like everyone's like, oh, the market was really aggressive. But when you see Michael Lorenzen go for like a okay prospect, a fine prospect, it's like, well, any competing team should have met that, they should have competed with that. When I see Jordan, I think a Diamondbacks the Jordan Hicks, It's like teams could have competed for that bullpen help. So those are kind of some of the losers on the injury front. Some injuries. John Schneider took reporters on Tuesday that the MRI on the injured y oft Boba Schet revealed no structural damage. We can all take a breath. Paul de Young doesn't have to take over that spot. Mike Trout told reporters on Tuesday that he felt better than expected after taking some of those good old dry swings. Better than them wet ones. Some dry swings were feeling real good for Mike Trout. I guess so whatever that is, you ever done, you ever done some dry swings?
Speaker 2: Not not in the daytime hours. No, yeah, a let swing guy more often than not.
Speaker 1: Yet moist swing. All right, there you go, Hunter Green. He actually he pitched a rehab assignment out here in the complex. I wasn't able to get there. Yesterday. He pitched two innings. I don't think he gave up a hit, struck out three for the Reds. So it looks like he's going to be back in middle August. But he's already started that, so that's good news bad news. Joe Muskro was scratched today from his start due to shoulder soreness. No bueno. That added a full run to the team total as well, so if you took that early, good on you. Pirates activated Key Brian Hayes from the ten day IL. Cardinals placed Brendan Donovan on the sixty day i L with a right elbows train ending his sea in So not great, but you know they've got a lot of position flexibility anyways. Griffin Canning was placed on the fifteen day i L with a right calf tightness, and Logan o' hoppy out since April with a torn labram. He's going to go on a rehab assignment next week. Expected to do the whole thing. But just throwing that out to you guys, especially in your trades and stuff. Go pick up Logan o' hoppy. If he's not already, stash him on the il. He'll be back probably in I'm guessing three weeks, and that is gonna look nice. That's gonna be a nice added edition. Are you down with the pickup of Ohapi?
Speaker 3: I love Ohapi. I had a ton of shares of him before the injury, and I'd dropped them everywhere. Of course, the only concern out the little bit of concern I'll give shoulder injuries. How much does the power come back? Those are those little bits there. But he seems healthy. All the reports have looked great, so I'm all in if he comes back, good to go.
Speaker 1: Wardo got out of the about with a strikeout. I had it. I have a bet going and I couldn't. I can't give it to you guys. We can pick someone else. But I paired Edwardo again on the strikeouts, So I'm glad that you got out with the strikeouts.
Speaker 2: Come on right.
Speaker 3: One more quick injury than Chris Sale through a rehabs start. On Tuesday night, he threw forty pitches twenty six strikes, and they said they might bring him back early just and.
Speaker 2: Ramp him up in the bigs if he feels good. So keep an eye on that.
Speaker 3: I think he still has one more rehabs start probably, but don't be shocked if he's back real soon.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent three up and three down. One Soto homer twice drove in four runs on Tuesday. Bam Michael Harris also hit a pair of solo homers. I believed in response is made of well, there's someone I left them out. The reason I left out the third hitter is because Andrew Heaney struck out eleven, only two hits in six and two thirds, no earned runs. That's ad Andrew Heeny that I've been waiting for. Rangers need that you want to talk about three down? We could just focus on this one player. Dude, I did this three times looking over thinking this is a mistake. One of the ways we do this is Fantasy Pros has a cool thing you can check out that you can check daily stats. Ben Lively got lit thirteen earn runs, four homers in four innings. I didn't think that was real.
Speaker 3: Dude, Yeah, it's one of those where you're sitting there about the eighth run and you look at the dugout go he has a family, Like he has a family man like got help the boy out.
Speaker 1: Please get him out of there. What the hell are we doing as a wild number? So get out of that quickly. Will Smith went oh for four with four strikeouts. This guy did get a hit, but I'm gonna talk about him, Ellie, Ellie Daily Cruz went one for four with three strikeouts. Why well, this is his second straight three strikeout game, and over his last fourteen at bats he has seven strikeouts. That is, say, fifty strikeout rate over those fourteen at bats. As fun as Ellie is, the roller coaster is a little bit bumpy, Bubba, I think you.
Speaker 2: Would agree with that.
Speaker 3: To say the least, he's like a juiced to poorge Matteo is the way I look at it. So buckle up, enjoy a little extra power. But it's a lot of like it's gonna be some rough nights, rough weeks. That's the hard thing. If you're in head to heads, it's gonna be tricky Roto. If you just wait for the season, you'll be happy. Head to heads. Ellie is gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit tough. Let's not make it tough with to make it easy with prize picks, promo code leading off. Get a one hundred percent match up to one hundred bucks, doesn't matter. At the end of the season. Guess what take advantage and the books start putting out some numbers that they shouldn't take advantage of those. Get some lineups, win some money. One, two, well, I guess you got to do at least two, but two, three, four, five. The money keeps going up and you can play with us. Please do it. Check it out. Promo code leading off, Bubba, who do you got on the price picks today?
Speaker 3: The little combo package. I tried to do all evening games so people can listen throughout the day. Wheeler and Braxton Garrett combined over thirteen strikeouts. I like that one quite a bit. I think it's a really good pitching deal. Garrett got back on track. Give me Wheeler over thirty eight and a half Fantasy points versus the Marlins. Wheeler has been one of the best pitchers in baseball over the last month. And give me Nico Horner over seven and a half Fantasy points. I think with the Cubs just take care of business once again against the Reds tonight, and Nico Horner's been stealing bases like crazy that almost give them his fantasy points along one time.
Speaker 1: I like that. I am going with senga fantasy score thirty four and a half? Could I sink a Fantasy score thirty four and a half? Actually, I'm gonna do this last one. Josey Ramirez, I'm on him today, Fantasy score eight. This one is a wild number, and I'm maybe they're trying to get us to play the under, and I'm doing it. Fernando Tatis three and a half hit run RBI. So of course, if the guy hits a two run shot, he covers it, so he's got that. But I've never seen three and a half on the hit run. So I'm taking the under on Fernando Tatis to go under three and a half hit run RBI. Hopefully I can nail that one. But that's a wild number, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never seen anything like that.
Speaker 3: I know it's the cores effect Freeland coming back off the IL, but that still requires a pretty impressive He can go three for four with three singles and he still lose like he has to run real good.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. All right, bets what you got on your best bets for today?
Speaker 3: It was a weird slagh like nothing really jump jumped out, except that you're gonna have a lot of Philly Miami love for me. First five Philly Miami under four again, I think it's a pitchers do out the gate. And then I love attacking this Cardinals Minnesota game with Joe Ryan and Dakota Hudson. So give me Edward Julian over one and a half total base that plus one forty five and then large Newt bar over one and a half total bases that plus one twenty five, both swinging pretty good bats to get on base and have some fun.
Speaker 1: I like that one, all right. I have a couple plays that you guys are probably used to me for some some first fives. I'm trying to make it a little bit easier, a little bit more juicy. It just been I don't know, I've been getting a little too cute. So I'm going with Detroit first five. Well, I guess that doesn't even matter anymore. I forgot about that. I was going with them on the first five money line, where are we at on that. I think I can cover, so that one is not gonna matter for you anymore unless you like the live bet. Maybe you can jump in on the live bet here. The other one is Minnesota. I think you were just talking about them first five money line gets around one thirty one forty, so where you can get it, maybe you make it part of a la piece. And then I had an EDWARDO strikeout prop going with logan Web take off Eduardo. Maybe you can find someone else that you like.
Speaker 2: Go Kotas singing in there. You like Kotas singing.
Speaker 1: I like the strikeouts. It's like six and a half. It's the royals who don't strike out a bunch. I might be down to do that you. I would always suggest you play these solo and not parlay them. The only problem is I think Web is like four and a half at like minus one sixty, So that's a tough one. So if you can find a lay piece, he would be my core.
Speaker 2: Juice Web to five and a half, Yeah, exactly, love there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you yeah, if you have a book that you can play it up. I would even play five and a half against the Diamondbacks. But Webb Minnesota money line through the first five. Those are my big focal points d f S Bubba. What's on docket for the DFS today?
Speaker 3: We got an eight game slate tonight starting at seven or five Eastern, So some DK picks I'm looking at. Garrett Cole leads the way at ten eight against Tampa Bay. Over the last two months, Cole has been cycle. He's been very very good. So I have no brand and the Raid's striking out twenty five percent of the time vers Rieties over the last months. To give me Cole, I like coulda sing against Kansas City at nine point five K, probably one of the best prices per picture on this. And then Grayson Madriguez looked great in his last two starts, going in in Toronto at seven point two K at the sheet list Toronto team if for stacking things up Minnesota versus Coota Hudson love that especially Valueiz with Walner and Kepler and company. The Dodgers with Hogan Harris will always be popular. And then the Mets, even though they've been selling, they still have some of their big offensive pieces and have a good match versus Reagan's in Kansas City. Then a couple of value pieces, Mark Viento's he's been playing lately's first base third base at two K versus Vianto's that's the dirt minimum. And then I mentioned twins. Matt Walner is two point four cavers Dakota Hudson. He's basically Joey gallow Light for two thousand dollars less. So have fun with that.
Speaker 1: I like that. Like so rare Go and check out so rare goa fantasypros dot Com slash collect. You can sign up today. It is never too late start collecting yours because not only do you have them, you own them. It's not just like, hey, look at these are cool. I can put that they're yours. They're yours and you can get limited up to one of one's. Go and check out so rare dot com or go to fantasypros dot Com slash collect. You can also check out the so rare League. We've got Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off league play with all of our guys all throughout the year. Want to get in on it because we'll be back with it again next year. Why wouldn't you want to go? Check that out? Interesting in the chat, I didn't notice this. I just want to point out to you guys as well, very heavy day of news. As you guys know, with the trade deadline, will be a lot more interactive with the chat, getting your questions, bringing stuff up on when we don't have literally four thousand trades to talk about. So I kind of ignored you guys today. We won't do that. But Track said that they had that for yesterday for TATIS three.
Speaker 2: What cover yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean they're probably going to keep putting it up because people want to take the under until he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well, I laughed earlier in the day soda was over one and a half and that that line disappeared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. All right, home run call. We both smacked on Monday. We both took your don. I guess we kinda I probably need to be specific about it. I guess we had your don yesterday. I didn't put anything. I would say. If you guys are premium members over on Fantasy Bros, you can get in the discord where you and also make these picks. That's how you make your picks. I could go in there as well, and I can go and change my pick at any time and you can do all the fun stuff. So I highly suggest you go and do that. Sign up today, but on the home run call for today and Bubby, you can also claim it through Thursday if you would like, until we are back on Friday. Who who you taking today?
Speaker 2: On Wednesday? Give me Dancy Swans.
Speaker 3: I know he double donged on Tuesday, but he's swinging in an extremely hot bat. You got the lefty branded Williamson on the mound for Chicago. I've heard of Cincinnati. I expect the Cubs to have another big day in really field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm going kind of against a picture matchup as well in this, and I got to pull back up. I gotta start writing, like who it was? I have all this great logic I do beforehand, and then I do twelve hundred other things and then I come back and I'm like, why do I like that I took Hozie Ramirez today versus the Astros, even though I still like the Astros. Biby is up there, but Blanco has given up I believe two homers in like four of his last five starts that he's been out there. He gives up homers. Who's the guy that you're gonna bet on with the Guardians, it's Ramier. We also saw last weekend he had back to back double homer days, so I really like Jose Ramirez today. That is going to be my bet. I also had him over on the Price Picks and that's it, man, that's what we got. We also will I'll probably jump in the discord on Thursday to change out my pick for Thursday, and then we'll be back on Friday. So yeah, like I said, you guys, come and hang out with us in the chat. We will be a lot more interactive. Want to get any trade you guys have going on. You're starting sits as we're going through all the latest news. But we're kind of out of that now. We're out of the chaos bubba because trade deadline is done, rosters are set. This is going to be major, major crunch time, and that's what we're here for.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing now is prospects coming up because some of these teams are going to be out of players pretty soon, so it's going to get really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the prospects. So I'll go through too, and I'll put together some of the prospects that I think are going to be coming up soon. I do think we're getting into crapshoot time, like big crap shoot time, because this is the month where teams are not going to bring up prospects so that they want to manipulate to next year. So like, like I'll tell you one like Pete Crow Armstrong is when I first focused on. Yeah, he just got brought up to Triple A. He's not coming up this month but September when they can bring him up in control. I think he's a possibility.
Speaker 2: Like Mason Win. That's a popular name stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe, so yeah, yeah, and the team might want to and they might not want to bring him up in August, so they can.
Speaker 2: They're they're tanking, so I bring them up in auguste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll talk about that. We'll talk about a whole bunch more. You can find Bubba on Twitter at b d in Trick. You can find me on Twitter at is it the Welsh. Make sure you guys are following this YouTube channel if you're watching live, so you're notified when we're live and you're subscribed to the podcast because Bubba and me are out here Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sorry, We're not out here. Every single day I tried, I felt like I needed to come out. Yesterday it felt weird, but yeah, hands of time so.
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 1: But I'll give you a little bit more today. Thank you guys for hanging out with us, Thank you for the live chat, and thank you for all the listeners and all the people that didn't ditches just because Joe's gone Joe and then being proves betting stuff.
Speaker 2: He came into chat on Monday, never saw him today.
Speaker 1: Interesting to start to gave up on us a right. We We love you guys. We'll talk to you again right here on Fantasy pros MLB. It's leading off, Bubba Welsh We out, Bye bye,