Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See DKG dot co slash b Ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: OH Show.
Speaker 1: The New York Jets locker room might have a problem with Aaron Rodgers. Whether it's going on darkness retreat, going on trips, sales medication, or taking controversial political rans, Rogers has shown to be more player goal minded than helping his team win.
Speaker 2: Remember OH Show.
Speaker 1: When he played for the Packers, he said that he enjoys winning super Bowl MVP, winning League MVP more than competing for a super Bowl. On the Jets TikTok post two weeks ago, where players were asked what is the most overrated things? Rogers said training camp, this attitude certainly called the attention of his teammates an agent for one of the players. That's raised awareness of rogers bad mentality in the locker room. With Rogers in the middle, there are the completely there's this, there's complete disarray over there. Look at how they've handled Aaron Rodgers. Has one player had more power than him? He skipped many camp and they have been able to convert into a team player. The vibe inside the building is terrible. While other players are looking to buy in and get the team to the postseason, Rodgers has shown once again he doesn't care.
Speaker 4: I mean, god damn hey, you know what.
Speaker 5: On every team, whether whether you like it or not in chat, I'm just telling you it's the way it is on all thirty two teams. There are certain players that are treated differently than everybody.
Speaker 2: Don't treat them all the same. We get it, you.
Speaker 4: Don't treat everybody the same.
Speaker 5: Now at times, you know, there are certain players that really don't take advantage of that situation and having special treatment. I think Aaron Rodgers is one of those who takes advantage of that special treatment because of who he is and the understanding that they do need him, because of what he is accomplished through this league, being a Super Bowl champion for that matter, and the situation that they're in dire need of a quarterback. I think he goes overboard a little bit with taking advantage of the fact that they need him so much. But what are you gonna do to me? I miss training camp. What you're gonna do to me? I mis mandatory mini camp like my bad mandatory mini camp? Well, what you're gonna do to me, I had other obligations at that time. I think he's one that feels he doesn't need it because he's been playing so goddamn long. But again, to me, team leader, new team, new quarterback, you missed the season last year. I'm thinking about continuity, building chemistry with your players, with your teammates, and getting him to understand that you.
Speaker 4: Are the leader.
Speaker 5: With you being a leader and the quarterback, you have to lead by example, and leading by example is actually being there and showing up when it matters most, even though it is mandatory mini camp, because what's happened in those games when it matters most, You're gonna want those players around you showing up when it matters most. Listen, Aaron Rodgers been playing this game for a very long time. He knows how to play it at a very very high level, and he's damn good at it is he's damn good at it. So the least for him, I think, is a little bit longer than most, a lot longer, a little bit longer than most, because you ain't getting quarterbacks like that just falling off the goddamn tree.
Speaker 1: I've always felt that Aaron Rodgers felt he was beyond reproach, Aaron Rodgers felt, because he's so accomplished slow unless you were Tom Brady at coach or if you was going to be Peyton Mannings, you can talk to him. And he had this holier than thy attitude. And what happens if you feel that way in the beginning, when you've accomplished nothing, and then you start to accomplish everything, how you gonna be? O you? If I gave you my ass the kiss and I ain't got a pot being and a winning to open it up and throw it out of Let me get some money, Yeah, let me get some power. Now, I'll show you my character. I'll show you who I am. Yeah, that's all he's doing. Aaron Rodgers has not changed. This is who ever Rodgers always been. Y'all think money changing, y'all, MVP is changed them.
Speaker 2: No, this is who you are.
Speaker 1: You are who you are at your court, A person that's benevolent, magnanimous, philanthropic.
Speaker 2: They didn't just get that way when they had got money. That's always in them.
Speaker 4: Who you are.
Speaker 2: It ain't on you, it's in you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And all money does is magnified, amplify.
Speaker 1: That's what it does. It makes you more of what you already are. If you a jerk before you got money, you're become an asshole once you get it.
Speaker 5: Listen, before I had money, I was cheap. When I got money, I became a cheap bitch. When I got lit up more money, I became a cheap motherfucker. As long as that cheap word come first, that's all that matters. It don't matter how much I get, I'm gonna stay the same and I'm not changing.
Speaker 1: I've always been benevol I've always given I got something. Yeah, me and my brother was always like that. He got ten dollars, he got ten dollars, he could go work, he come home, he might make ten dollars. He give me two fifty, He give me something. I got money, he got money. My sister got money. I've always been that way. I've always been that way. I've always been generously with my friends. That's just who I am.
Speaker 2: Everybody ain't like that. I've always tried to be.
Speaker 1: If you notice that, a lot of times when I gave speeches that I was dressing team or my former teammates, I always end with this, I hope you enjoyed playing with me. As much as I enjoyed playing with you, I always ended with that. Because I had a ball. I tried to be the best team and that possibly could. Did I push people absolutely, because I was there to win. I wasn't there to be your friend. I was there to win. Now we became friendly or we became friends as a byproduct of that, I welcome that would open all but Shanna Shark with the Savannah.
Speaker 2: State to win. He went to Denver to win.
Speaker 1: He went to Baltimore to win, and in the process, I made some great friends, lifelong friends. But all I cared about was winning. That was it. That's what I was there for. And but look, here's who he is. He's as good control of the football that we've ever had in the NFL. There's no question about his talent. We're not debating, that's not what the debate is. But I just believe that there are things that he's done that's not conducive. There's no way you have that kind of talent and you've only been to one super Bowl with the teams that you've had around you. What that's not an accident on Joe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would be as a good season because one thing everything everything going on, you know, the retreats, the missing camps and the things that he says, you know politically that rubs people the wrong way. One thing can erase and cure all that as winning.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: CBS Sports ranked the top ten quarterback with the most approved entering the season number ten Tour number nine, Treubor Lawrence number eight, Daniel Jones number seven, Sam Donald number six, Will Levis number five, Anthony Richardson number four, Bryce Young number three, Russell Wilson number two, Aaron Rodgers, dumb roll number one, Sean Watson.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like you know what. I like the list. I don't like the numerical order of the list.
Speaker 2: Who you got, where you where you? Where you rear?
Speaker 4: Rate now number one? The Seawan is okay.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm gonna agree with that simply because of the contract situation and the amount of money that he was paid. And I'm sure he's going to get back to the shawn We're used to seeing.
Speaker 2: This is definitely approve it, ye won't Joe? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this this approved year for him. I think Aaron Rodgers at number two is good. Is rich really good? Especially him for after coming off of injury season. Him at number two is good and the I think Russell Russell at three is good. And I want to put the three veterans. I want to put the three veterans first, as opposed to all the young bulls that we have that we have left. Sam Donald say he had nothing approved that J. J. J.
Speaker 4: McCarthy is going to be the starter.
Speaker 2: For the for the season. That's why he got Sam Donald.
Speaker 4: I know, that's what I said.
Speaker 5: I'm saying moving forward, That's why he really had nothing to prove. But again, this would be this would be good tape for Sam Donald to put to put up in case he gets picked up somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Now you've already had three stops.
Speaker 5: Maybe you can do something with a fresh start at a new place and put film out that says, you know what, maybe he's gotten better because he has another full season under his belt. Again, you got Justin Jefferson at the Helm too.
Speaker 1: Because he's at the Jets, he's at Carolina, Sam frand, yeah, I would put Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: I would put Daniel Jones.
Speaker 4: For yeah, not definitely, not bright young, he's at the top.
Speaker 2: You got Daniel Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Daniel Jones. Uh, Well, Damn will Levis only played, he only had one season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Here this Anthony Richardson is coming off of I don't I don't like this list. I don't like this list. Now.
Speaker 5: The only thing that I can agree on is the first three Dashawn Aaron Russell. This is this for for Russell Wilson. This is the make of a breaking year. This is a make it a breaker year for Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My My problem is, O Joe, is that a lot of times you look at the guys, look at the contract that Sean got, look at what Russell was played, and Daniel Jones. They gave Daniel Jones money and they ended up losing sight because of it. And he was he had he had basically an eight game stretch and parlayed that into forty million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he.
Speaker 4: Has a So you so you got Daniel Jones as your number four. I put him on NFL Quarterbacks Approve.
Speaker 2: Now, Trevor Lawrence in tour. Excuse me?
Speaker 1: They just got these big contracts. Yeah, so let's see. Obviously you have something to prove. You have to prove that I'm deserving because I didn't pay you for what you did I play. I'm paying you for what I believe you can do moving forward.
Speaker 2: Cauldn't do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I would have him at five and six, Trevor lawng tour five and six, and then putting Young.
Speaker 2: It just got the lead up there.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, so Deshaun, Aaron, Russell, Wilson, Trevor Lawrence in tour and then after that.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's based on who you want to put up there. I probably have Sam Donald with ten.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Since the Browns guaranteed Washington two thirty million dollar country, this is what they've gotten. Barely twelve games, healthy and available, fifty niner, nearly as many turnovers eleven as touchdown throws fourteen. Yeah, that's why he should That's why he's number one on the list. I saw him. I saw him at the Super Bowl. Say this healthy, Say look good at me, had surgery, say look good. I want him to do well because I think people because Ojo, because of what transfired off the field in Houston, I think people forgot just how great he was and the trajectory that he was on. And because of what transpired people obviously it's just natural people gonna look at you a different way, and he hasn't. I mean, he got suspended and he didn't play well, and then he wasn't playing well, he got injured again, and so this is this make a break, Ojo. I'm not saying make a break because the contracts still guarantee. I'm just saying as far as how we perceive him and what we expected him, because at some point in time, you know, we can't keep saying, well, now you know he missed the year because he did remember his last year in Houston, he didn't play the next year he was suspended what ten eleven games, so we only played five the following year. After thing on Joe, he got hurt.
Speaker 4: Early, got hurt, got hurt.
Speaker 5: So you know who else can go on that list to who? I think this might also be a make up breaking season. Maybe maybe not Kyler Murray.
Speaker 2: I can see that. I can see that.
Speaker 4: Kyler Murray.
Speaker 1: I just think the thing is Ojoe, that contract and the way it was written, I think it made people look at him differently because nobody we had never seen a contract written like that that we asked a guy to do away from away. Let that sink here, Ojoe. We need you to study x amount away from the facility. So we had never seen a contract written.
Speaker 4: Like that, right, right, right, And I don't know, Bro, you think.
Speaker 2: How you think these these insiders work.
Speaker 1: You thought that agent, you thought that was gonna be able to sneak by and nobody would Adam Schefter or the Jay Glazers or all these inside one gonna get Mike Florio's and all.
Speaker 2: These guys they were won't get ahold of that.
Speaker 7: On Joe a contract written like hey, listen, it made it made me mad.
Speaker 4: It made me mad the fact that they even had to put that in there.
Speaker 5: For one, because if he is a gamer, right, you have to think about this, Kyler Murray didn't just start gaming. He didn't just start gaming. He's been good at his craft all his life. Once you get to the NFL, you understand what it took to get there. You understand the work and the time that it takes, and it's needed to be able to compete at the highest level and be a good quarterback. I think he understood that, and the fact that they even had to put it in there because it's a hobby of his that he enjoys doing and it's off time.
Speaker 4: There has to be some type of all question. Something you do outside of the game.
Speaker 2: Is it in.
Speaker 1: Is it interfering with what you do what we're paying you to do. Clearly they believed it was Ojoe, or they wouldn't have put it in there. If your weight is an issue. You ever had a weight clause in your contract?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did, I did.
Speaker 2: I did. I never had my contract either.
Speaker 5: Why because I was I was too of two thirty and they say I was too big.
Speaker 4: I had to come out.
Speaker 2: Why think about it. They never put a call.
Speaker 1: Okay, Shannon, if you do off season workouts, we're gonna pay you half a million dollars because.
Speaker 2: They knew I like to work out. They're not gonna.
Speaker 1: Put things in contract in your contract, they DEVI don't necessarily, So that tells me something was going.
Speaker 2: You do realize, o Joe. They can see how much film you watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Can tell when you watch it, how much you watch, how long you watch for. I think I think they called onto that. I didn't think that.
Speaker 2: I don't think the players realized that at first.
Speaker 5: Oh, because you know you watch you watch them the iPad at and they keep track of everything.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the stock.
Speaker 5: He could have been one of those quarterbacks that be out partying, turning up, having a good time out on the weekends, doing everything, doing everything else.
Speaker 4: But hell, gaming, that's where they draw the line. We gotta put no contract.
Speaker 1: We can't have him gaming, like asking him to watch film away from the stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, think.
Speaker 1: About that, Oh yoe, they don't game, But what about can you? Can you watch film as much as you gain? How much you make it, how much you make up, how much how much they playing you? Are you ninja? Are you bogle? Are you counseling out? I've been trying to figure out what I mean, what's going on? I mean, you're asking us to play you two hundred and fifty million dollars?
Speaker 5: Think about hey, and you know it's funny. You see how you just said that. See how they put that thing in Kyler Murray contract him gaming? Now, look at look at the landscape, look at the layer of the land. Now you got players with podcasts away from the stadium. Now you got players like my Dog Sauce playing Call of Duty, Jamar Chase playing Goddamn d t A.
Speaker 4: You know, but these dudes are making big bucks but still able to be able to balance.
Speaker 5: Okay, when it's time to work, I'm ready to work and I get a job done.
Speaker 4: But when i'm home, huh you know that?
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, oh Joe, you know it's a whole different animals playing.
Speaker 4: Different ball game. Right, you're right. I mean you know once you leave, you know, you know how it be. You're already in there seven in the morning.
Speaker 5: Once you get five o'clock and you done for the day, Well, you you want to clock out, and when you clock out, you want to.
Speaker 1: Mess a question. You think Peyton Mannon clocked out? You think Tom Brady clocked out? You think Patrick mahone clocked out?
Speaker 4: Oh the mahon be on the game too, now.
Speaker 2: He said he don't be on the game. He said you couldn't be on the game.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yeah, I know what you mean on the game. Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: See when you when you left the huddle, you didn't care what the if the if the lion ripped the Liz.
Speaker 2: You didn't care if they duel or Molly. You don't care nothing about that.
Speaker 1: Right that guy they're gonna quarterback better know, he better know if they're gonna rip the Liz or they gonna molly that right, he better know?
Speaker 2: Okay, where am I heart at? Hey?
Speaker 1: You outside of the number you not hot? That's the slot received responsibility or that's the back responsibility.
Speaker 2: There's so much on this plate, so much. Man, Look here, bro, oh your man, this money.
Speaker 1: I even I didn't even think about, man, what you're gonna do with you? Man, I ain't thinking about retiring. I'm thinking about this. I think I'm trying to be the best football player I can be right now. But I ain't thinking about that, bro. Like I said, I just have I had a different mentality, and uh, I make no apologies.
Speaker 2: Hey you be who you are.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Oh cha, I ain't gonna lie to Yojo.
Speaker 1: It's been hard for me to play today's game because I'm not think I don't think guys are serious about winning ship.
Speaker 4: But I be out here cutting the food.
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't wasting my time. I got my time is important. Bro, I put too much. I put you do too much into it? O yoe, all this, all this, all this foolishness and that deally dalling.
Speaker 2: Bro. I'm trying to win.
Speaker 1: I want to wind these guys don't want the money has gotten so great.
Speaker 2: I don't believe guys want to win. I don't believe it's.
Speaker 1: A burning desire and passion because they let too much bull jive go. You see your teammate bull driving and you cool with it. Hell no, I ain't gonna never be. I was never cool with it, especially if you a got Look if you one of these guys that ain't gonna play. Hey, but guys, if you play it, if I'm counting on you and your horse driving around, Yeah, all I'm gonna say when they ask me, this is what I would do.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna say nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would, You would work in today's game. You two, God damn serious?
Speaker 2: But I want to win? Oo? Do you know what? You know?
Speaker 4: You want to win? You could win, but you ain't got to be you too serious, like you're supposed to be running for election or some ship. You can't. You can't be playing today.
Speaker 2: And I know that about me. I know that about me. Oh I do, I do?
Speaker 1: I know that about it because winning, that's all I cared about.
Speaker 2: That's all the only thing I cared about. Winning.
Speaker 4: You can still you can still enjoy yourself. You can still enjoy yourself and let your.
Speaker 5: Head out and and and and and have fun and win.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed preparing to win. And I was miserable when I lost. I was miserable to be around when I lost. A lot of times my girlfriend would go home when I lost. Okay, Babe, I know you don't want to be bothered tonight. I'm sorry. I've seen you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: God Damn.
Speaker 2: I put too much time in O Joe.
Speaker 1: Because you know why, the more time you invest in something, the more it hurts. That's why people You see people when they invested a lot in a relationship ten fifteen years, and it hurts. I'm sending flowers, I'm writing. I'm not saying me, but I'm saying that sending flowers.
Speaker 2: They're writing.
Speaker 1: They're buying gifts because they don't want it to end, because they're investing.
Speaker 2: And then you see people they gone there.
Speaker 1: I ain't like I was you with that person because they didn't give a damn from the beginning. They weren't investing. When you invest in something, it hurts. I don't care what it is. When you put the time, when you you you you you you invested. Man.
Speaker 2: Please, everything ain't for everybody.
Speaker 1: Everything not for everybody with your Broncos offensive lineman Mike McGlinchey was asked about Bowl Neicks being named starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: Boys come in and been.
Speaker 1: Authentically himself, and I think that's all you can ask for him. He doesn't have to be somebody that he's not just because he's a superstar quarterback of an NFL franchise.
Speaker 2: What you take from that on your and.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what motherfucker mcglinchy talking about. Only I don't like the.
Speaker 2: Talking about.
Speaker 4: I'm listen what he doesn't have to be somebody that is not just because he's a superstar quarterback of it.
Speaker 2: And you didn't know what he was talking about?
Speaker 4: What is the point of saying all that you don't.
Speaker 1: Know what he's talking about? So you do know what he was talking about? Yeah, but so what are you talking about? I don't know, but you're just say yeah, yeah, what a subliminal so subliminal message the message that you understand, but he gave it to you subliminy, So what is he saying?
Speaker 2: He ain't putting.
Speaker 4: He ain't putting non, So you can't.
Speaker 2: Use subliminal being because you don't know what he's talking.
Speaker 4: About Okay, yeah, I don't talk about but I don't like what he said.
Speaker 5: I don't like I don't like the way because the person the person he talked. But listen, he said, he tried. He acted like my dog.
Speaker 2: You said you didn't know what he was talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm putting you said you couldn't say that because you didn't reach you.
Speaker 5: No name Officer Lineman, Mike McGlinchey, Russell Wilson been Russell Wilson since day one. Russell Wilson been Russell Wilson, a god fearing man since he was at Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: So he's always been this way.
Speaker 5: He's always carried himself to say way, So I'm confusing.
Speaker 4: He was in Seattle, he carried himself.
Speaker 1: And what was the what was the problem the Seahawks teammates had with him. You you've heard sir, you've heard Marshall, you've heard others.
Speaker 4: Don't do that on Joe, but don't do that what they said, you gotta.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go back. So you don't know, but you know what was saying. So while you keep saying he was hisself, they had the same things to say about it in Seattle that they said about him in Denver.
Speaker 2: So you're absolutely right he was himself.
Speaker 1: But how many people believe that was who he was?
Speaker 4: Well, obviously you can listen. I like I like that. I like where you went right there. I like where you went there.
Speaker 5: So if you only show one one side of yourself, right, I've only seen one side of it.
Speaker 4: But I've only seen one side of.
Speaker 1: From what I heard and from I talked to what he was when he got there and what he became with two different people.
Speaker 5: Ah, And I see, I wouldn't rhyn there for that, See I was. I wasn't to ryning for that. I was. I was with Russell Wilson at Bible study.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he was in Bible study. I don't know what it was school, I don't know what it was. I'm just saying what would relay to me that people that played there, right, what people that played with him in Denver, and people that were close.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get everybody I know.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's the beauty of life. That's the beauty of life.
Speaker 5: At some point at times, as we grow, as we mature, we evolved. Sometimes we evolve for the better, Sometimes we evolve for the worst, some people aren't going to be okay with your growth, and they might speak on that in a negative tone, on a positive tone sometime.
Speaker 4: Who you are?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: I don't like the way he is.
Speaker 5: There's nothing you can do about that because you're changing your growth and your your willingness to evolve might rub other people the wrong way, but it's about what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Mike Zimmer is backing down, and so's your way.
Speaker 1: First Beginning's NFL career, the former by his head coach, reflected on his firing, but rather than sharing some lessons learned that from the mistakes, he seemed to blame his players. They asked me if I wanted to address the team. I said, hell no, they got me fired. Zebra, who admitted he hold grudge, says he's not watched one Minnesota game since that's Bill out his damn by Bill said. They asked me if I wanted to address the team. I said no, hell no, they got me fired.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, you know there is a saying. There is a saying in the NFL, and coaches noticed behind closed doors, players can get you hired, Players can get you fired for sure, Players to get you paid players to get you paid.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 5: So I understand where Zim is coming from, but normally you don't hear that coming from a coachy.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, yeah, hey boy, Zim.
Speaker 2: You know this.
Speaker 5: Zim was the deepest of coordinating Cincinnati, and I know, I know, I know how he is. But that that's funny, that's funny to hear, you know, coming from coach being truthful, being authentically himself and really not biting his tongue or changing.
Speaker 4: You know what do you want to say?
Speaker 2: Hell them?
Speaker 4: Motherfucker got me from love it and standing on business about that.
Speaker 1: I love accountability, oh Joe, you know, I'm big on accountability. And it's easy a lot of time to blame the coaches. But at some point in time, players got to go play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got they got to There's only so much coach you can do. There's only so much coach you can do.
Speaker 4: There are only so many xs and o's that you gotta go.
Speaker 1: Hey, you draw that up there on the time you draw excell and ods on the black board, they don't move.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah. It's up to the players to go out there and execute it.
Speaker 2: Coach asked me all the time, Hey, eighty four.
Speaker 1: Why do you do that, I say, because when you drew it up on the board, that ex didn't move. I got on the field, he was moving all over the damn plate. So I think I had to.
Speaker 7: Just yeah, yeah, Now they got me fired them funny man, man.
Speaker 2: The Eagles are inting a new era without Jason Kelsey.
Speaker 1: Not only was Kelsey the primary leader in the locker room, but also someone who had handled duties on the offense. In fact, he handled some things jaylen Hurst didn't have to. But that all changes this year. Hurts said. The eagerness to learn was halted due to Kelsey's expertise. So you know a lot of times, you know, we saw a couple of times Kelsey and Hurts disagreeing. Else he wanted the protection to go one way. Hurts Thoughted should go another way. Now, you know, Kelsey, being who he was, being the leader, being in the locker room, being a very a senior guy, I felt he needed to fall back.
Speaker 2: But no longer.
Speaker 1: We had a great player, Jason Kelsey, who took a lot of responsibility. As a result of that, I was told not to worry about a lot of things, and so my eagerness to learn over the years kind of was halted, but now times are different.
Speaker 2: O Yo, what are you expecting from Hurts? Hurts? I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 5: I like it, like the fact that he wants to know. But you know, it's a lot, it's a lot to learn when it comes to the center position. The center position is the goddamn gu that holds that line together. It all goals, it all goes.
Speaker 4: And starts with the with the with the center position. So now the fact that Hurts will also know the calls that have made a.
Speaker 2: Lot of he's gonna be making because they turned that that was Kelsey. Remember what he said, He said, he don't you but they turned it over. It hurts. That was Kelsey. Yet worried about it. Let Jason Hamlin.
Speaker 1: So he's ripping Lizen, he's making it souugh, Okay, we're gonna Molly, we're gonnaduel it?
Speaker 2: How how what are we gonna? What are we gonna do here? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now he's the senior guy. They got a news center. He says, it's on my show, and I'm eager to learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure, I'm sure he's gonna be fine. Listen, his his plate has become just that much more full. Now you have to take on a much bigger load. You already you already have enough to worry about as a quarterback when you come to the line of scrimmage. Obviously you know, pointing out the mic, watching the safety point out the safety, being able to understand the hot reads, knowing what's going on. So he has a lot to learn and a lot on his plate. But I think I think hers is gonna be fine. It comes with the territory of playing the quarterback position.
Speaker 4: It just does. That's why it commands a kind of money.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 5: It's well because you have so much to worry about. I think he's gonna be fine. Especially the game of football hadn't changed. He'd been playing the game of football for a very long time. Defenses haven't changed. It just a lot of them. You have to know a lot of them. You have to learn about it. But I think, I think, I think if you go.
Speaker 1: Back and look at some of the NFL films, you saw one of the arguments that Peyton and Jeff Saturday got into it about about who's gonna call it out, and Peyton was like, hey, yeah, shut the bleep up. I go I'm gonna call it. You know, they going back and forth because a lot of time with a guy like Peyton, You're like no, no, no, no, no, no, I got this because if you missed this call, I get hit the back of my head. If I get hit the back of my head and I make a call, I can live with that. If I get hit the back of my head, you make a call. Foot in your heads, your ass. Yeah, so I'm not surprised by this. Jameen Hurst lost sistem his last seven start after starting twenty nine and four in his previous thirty three, including the playoffs. Hurts still having an important and uh good, no good, great supporting cast, aj Brown, Devonte Smith and now.
Speaker 2: Say Kwan Barker. And they just traded for Johann Donson. Johann Yes, go boy, oh Joe. Check this out.
Speaker 4: They got a night. They got a night. Three headed months over.
Speaker 1: Another day, another non basketball player on Caitland Clark, the Sky have committed more than their sheriff hard files on Caitland Clark Diamond. The Shields got into their action on Friday. She filed Clark twice and the span of forty seconds in the fourth quarter of the Fevers one hundred eighty nine eighty one victory and later knocking her down the player's rules flagrant won the shields, giving Clark two free throws. Clark made both free throws, reached the career high thirty one points. Oh the game for thirty points twelve assists also hold on for the first game and also the record for the first thirty point twelve sis game in w NBA history, oh Jo, Seventeen percent of the w NBA flagrant files this season have been committed. It's Caitlyn Clark, y'all. Seventeen percent of the w NBA flagrant files have been committed against Clark. The Chicago Sky were responsible for eighty percent of the flagrant files committed against Clark. But you know what, O Joe, it's the great white Hi. There's nothing Shannon. You just want to support that white girl. She bussed y'all lass, Hey, there's a women. I ain't gonna call y'all name. Y'all had a lot to say. Y'all even tagged me. Why y'all tagging me? Somebody say something, y'all. Y'all tagged me, I ain't called a name. I'm gonna get into it. I ain't patty like that. But hey, ladies, when people say things to you guys, I don't think you should be what they say, call you all kinds of names. I don't believe nobody should be called out of the names. But I don't know why when somebody address y'all, y'all feel y'all need to tag me. They're addressing y'all. If they want to address me, they would address me, y'all. Keep me out of this, y'all. Keep me out of this, y'all saying what y'all said. But I'm just trying to figure why y'all want me and the no, no, they talking to y'all. They're talking to me, y'all try to make me. You don't if you like Caitln Clark, you gotta hate Angel. And if you hate, if you love Angel, you can't say anything good about Kaitlin Clark. Y'all can't tell me what the f to say. I'm gonna say what I want to say. Yeah, now, back to my originally schedule. Programmers came to Clark doing the thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she got the cutting up man, she had the cutting up.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: You notice how the season as the season has gone on. How she gotten a little bit more?
Speaker 1: These women that got what about these women that followed the car. I thought they would know that. I thought they would know the way they talk about it. One of them coach, they cover the game, they got posted cancer.
Speaker 2: They come all these fronts now, all of a sudden, I stand, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no. She's sharp on both sides, cutting ass left for right.
Speaker 5: H Yeah, she's playing good ball. She's playing good bass playing. I hate to see if you she played she playing good basketball. Listen, all hands hands had off to Caitlin Clark. She's playing some damn good basketball.
Speaker 2: But she's a good player, O joe.
Speaker 1: And if you set aside the fact that look, people giving her credit, and I get it a situation and hey, well what about all these old heads they didn't bro What about all the old head that never got the love and admiration that Michael Jordan got.
Speaker 2: When he came in the league. Right, that happens as time goes on.
Speaker 1: Guess what, twenty years from now, somebody's gonna get credit that Lebron didn't get.
Speaker 2: It happens. Don't be resentful of it, Embrace it. I get it. But I'm just trying to figure out how seventeen percent of the flavoran fire.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, If unnecessary roughness happened to one player seventy seventeen percent.
Speaker 2: Of the time, that's not an anomaly. That's not an outliner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not that. Ain't that ain't no coincidence.
Speaker 1: No how many things that a coincidence is not a coincident, right, oh Joe. If you get five speeding tickets in a year, they ain't picking on you. You just drive fast. That's what that is. That's what that is. That's what that is, all right, O Joe. If our last segment and it's called you and a he's coach. Oh we got graphics. Yeah see there we go.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 5: I don't know why that ship was damn funny, Uh, coach said, organ is trash.
Speaker 1: They struggled against Idaho and they'll struggle in the Big ten.
Speaker 2: Trash They trash, don't Joe.
Speaker 4: Who that organ?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't care about organ. I don't, I don't I know who. I do care about my goddamn beavers? Who I predicted?
Speaker 4: Listen, chat. I don't know if y'all know, I know being Q and a right now.
Speaker 5: I don't know if y'all know man shut out to my organ State beavers shut out the coach, Trent Bray, coach Trim Break, congratulations on winning of the day.
Speaker 4: Did you know that beaver's favorite food it's potatoes? Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Would you know that? I thought nought. I thought wood teeth.
Speaker 4: They play in Idaho. Idaho is known for potatoes.
Speaker 2: So with ate the potatoes.
Speaker 5: Up and when it ate them, got damn potatoes shot out of my my Florida and M University and coach Cozy on beating beating South Carolina State today, I'm I'm I'm so happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: You had the beaver. You hating the beaver?
Speaker 4: No, you don't eat beavers? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What you talking about? You be trying to get me to doing you do eat beaver?
Speaker 4: You can't? You can't?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let that you think about it that when you driving your coffer. Yeah, I eat a mean beaver.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't eat you plenty of beavers beavers. Yeah, I'm retired. I'm retired from there.
Speaker 5: I'm retired from that, right, Why you laughing him?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I had to think about it.
Speaker 1: I eat a few beaver, I eat a few. They do is clog up your damn pond. I said, damn, that's what he do. Hey said, yo un. What was the conversation like between you and John Cena camera? He used to be my favorite wrestler growing up at OJO wanted no head comment session and undisputed L O L.
Speaker 2: He was great. Uh he came in, Uh got I think he.
Speaker 1: Had some water. He got water to d didn't eat anything. Did he did John need anything? Just had water, You got some water, sat down, got made up. He had a hard out time. So that lets me know that. Okay, well they tell me you got a hard out time. I gotta make sure I'm tight, try to ask the questions that I think the viewing and listening audience want to hear. John Cena and so.
Speaker 2: But he was great.
Speaker 1: He was He was really gay, really engaged. Compliment and say, man, you really do a great job. I've watched your show. I can tell you, dude, you and your team do a great job of doing your homework and knowing the guests. That means a lot for CJ and his team and myself. The kind of work that we go in and prep to make sure. We try to make the guests feel as comfortable as we possibly can. We try to have hair and makeup if they needed a lot of times they bring their own hair and makeup people. We try to have food there for him to eat, water, whatever they as they do. They give us a writer which lets us know Okay, they write down, Okay.
Speaker 2: What do you want? You want orange juice?
Speaker 1: You want apple juice, pineapple juice or grapefruit juice, you want sparkling, you want steal?
Speaker 2: You want?
Speaker 1: What type of products you want? Is there anything that you know? We try to have that therefore, mo Joe, but he was great, and all the guests, all the guests. For me, I haven't had a bad guess. Some guests are more talkative than others. Normally they come in as an a man. He thanks for having me on, or she'll say the same thing, thanks for having me. They give me a hug. I let them do what they need to do. Hey, they were ready to go. But John John was unbelievable. He was he was, He was unbelievable. Guests, Roddy Digger, what I robbed up? Do you remember when you ate Georgia Southern up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do they beat us?
Speaker 1: They beat us, but I beat them, Ojoe, that did That was the year they want As a matter of fact, that was my last.
Speaker 2: That was eighty nine. They ended up winning national championship that year.
Speaker 1: Uh they started, you know, oh Joe, they were gonna let us come down there and beat them.
Speaker 2: But I hit him up. Yeah, I hit him up. This is how you know somebody hit you up.
Speaker 1: Their head coach used to be the Georgia Bulldog's defensive coordinator, Eric Russell, and the year they won the national championship, he was the defensive coordinator when they then they won, he was the head coach at Georgia Southern. I did such a phenomenal job. At the end of the game, walked to the middle of the field. He gave me a victory cigar. Now was like, you know, now, think about what I just said. He they beat us, and he gave.
Speaker 2: Me the victory cigar.
Speaker 4: Have you was out there cutting now?
Speaker 2: I hit him up for nine for two oh two.
Speaker 4: I had God, they had him had like.
Speaker 1: An eighty yard a call back. I would have got him over three hundred. I have three hundred. I had over three hundred. I hit him up for that might have been the still might be the longest touchdown and that staated him. I hit him up for ninety one, had to grab you know, get him up. Okay, okay, oh shay bad they I was love about yo.
Speaker 2: J C.
Speaker 1: Jayson C said, didn't rights to use him stick him? Does that affect this legacy?
Speaker 2: Oh yo? That affect this legacy?
Speaker 4: Nah? Hell noah?
Speaker 2: You talking about rights?
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, hell nah anything. I an't think about that. He was so great.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure why you was it just at the time. I think he wasn't the only one doing it. You just might have been the one that got caught. But listen to put up the numbers.
Speaker 4: He did that. God damn sick. We ain't got ship to do it.
Speaker 1: Clayton Johnson said, unking o Joe Ben to Bronco fans is alway at Water Sharp and TV. Today is my thirty ninth birthday. Can you give me a shout out for my children, Rylan, Rory, Reese Johnson. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hey, Clayton, Riley, Ryland, Rory and Reese.
Speaker 1: Your dad want to wish you a happy birthday. Hope you guys have a really you know, he just want to shout out. You know, his birthday today is his thirty ninth birthday, but he wanted to shout out as kids. So Clayton, happy thirty ninth birthday to you, Rylan, Rory and Reese. Your dad wanted to shout you out. Hope you guys are well doing grade in school and make mom and dad proud. Tommy said, Oh, Joe did a great job inside the NFL yesterday. Hey NFL matchup talking, Oh Joe, what do you think about the guys in the short high end prime years making Hall of Fame? Guys like Sterling, Sharp, Nonday, Osamawah and Cam Chancellor.
Speaker 2: Cam played? How how long did Cam.
Speaker 1: Play a decade that ain't no ain't no career? My brother played. My brother played seven years and at the time he retired, Uh nobody. I think Jerry was the only one that had that many catches in a in a seven year span.
Speaker 2: Also, Jerry was the one that had uh Cam played eight years.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Cam style physical it was was really not conducive for playing a long term I mean that that yeah, yeah, yeah. I think if if guys I don't know, like I don't know Cam's staff. So I don't know how many All pros. I don't know how many Pro Bowls. I do know he won a Super Bowl, and I think he was injured and this got injured.
Speaker 2: In the second. Maybe got injured in the second. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 1: He went to fourth actually putting up here now, he went to four Pro Bow No all pros. I mean, I think three Pro Bowls gets you on the ballot. I think jo don't quote me on this, o Joe, but I think I know Nanda had some years where he was he was unbelievable with the Raiders, but then he went to Philly and then everything that he did in the Raiders, he damned their race when.
Speaker 2: He was in Philly because he got cooked. He got cooked.
Speaker 1: Aaron Night six Uh, Aaron Knight twenty six. Oh, Joe if Burrow winning the Super Bowl this year for us? Who Joey d is he winning the Super Bowl for you guys?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: But listen, we have a great chance. We have a great chance to go to the Super Bowl. And I'm telling you it'll be an amazing story. For one, we got to take care of business first. We gotta we gotta get Chase paid. We gotta we gotta get Chase paid. H We need Burrow to stay healthy. If we get Chase paid, we have Burrow stay healthy. With that supporting cast on offense, Man, we're gonna be all right, but we're gonna be nasty. We're gonna we gonna be all right. So I'm excited. I'm excited for us.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that. I hope y'all.
Speaker 1: I hope y'all have a great season. But long, y'all don't play the Ravens. Long, y'all, don't beat the Ravens or the Broncos. I don't care what else y'all do.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're gonna beat the Railing twice.
Speaker 1: That ain't happening, all right, that happening joint be ever beat Lamar maybe once?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we won in three.
Speaker 2: What makes you think it's gonna change this year.
Speaker 5: It's twenty twenty four, that's okay.
Speaker 4: And listen when it comes to guessing games.
Speaker 5: When it comes to guessing games, and tell you who's gonna win based on matchups or or score line.
Speaker 4: I'm the one to come to I'm the people that gamble in Vegas come to me.
Speaker 2: If they want to lose their money they do. No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: People in Vegas they come to me about information because I know everything.
Speaker 4: I know the ends.
Speaker 2: Outs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you with the end and you like Dey Burgers, Okay, because I don't know that's the only end and out you know a God, thank you for watching another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button. Hey guys, make sure you go subscribe to the Nightcamp podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and remember every podcast subscriber matters.
Speaker 2: He's your favorite.
Speaker 1: Number eighty five, The Rock Runner, Extraordinary, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Artery, the Pro Bowl, the All Pro Samo Juko all the way to Oregon State and then he went to Cincinnati where he made a name for himself. Liberty Cities, Final Chad o Cho, Senko Johnson. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportiate. We have it in stock and if we don't have it in a state or siting near you, you can order it with sh if it right to your door.
Speaker 2: Please make sure.
Speaker 1: You go follow my media company on all his platforms that Shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out and the link is at the top of the chat.
Speaker 2: Everything is twenty percent off right now.
Speaker 1: So thank you for joining us for our first edition of College Football Saturday. We're back tomorrow and again on Monday, and we're back moving forward through the college season every Saturday. Thank you for joining a nightcap. I'm up, He's O Joe. See you tomorrow. The volume