Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this afternoon edition of the End of a Firmer transaction. Holy shit. I'm Miles and I'm joined by superducer Mecamos.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: You were in Puerto Rico. I was just up.
Speaker 2: That was Oh my god, it was a dream, it was. I was there for about a week. It was truly the island of enchanted. It was gorgeous. It was hot, of shit though, it's the hot we've ever been in Puerto Rico. There's so many things I can say. I did everything. I drove around the whole island. I met a lot of really cool locals, one of them who frequently fits out Bad Bunny, and like other Ragatona artists.
Speaker 1: Send me pictures. Send me the pictures, Send me the pictures. Let's do the slide show. Yeah, is the slide show? Well, let's get into what's trending. Good to have you back and talk about what we hear. Like I said, look up top Supreme Court. They have basically killed a firmative action and we'll talk a lot about it more on tomorrow's full episode. But you know they've they definitely left room for legacy admissions and the like. So you know, mostly they just close the door on people of color because systemic racism doesn't exist and there aren't systemic disadvantages people facing this country. I just will say this, Justice Katanji Brown Jackson. She had to clap back at Clarence Thomas because in his concurrent opinion, Chief Justice Roberts wrote the majority opinion basically, Clarence Thomas said that affirmative action encourages quote permanent victimhood, and he claimed that Justice Jackson had argued that the legacy of slavery quote locks Blacks into a seemingly perpetual inferior cast. This motherfucker said Blacks. Anyway, then we have we go on to hear what Justice Jackson was saying. She goes on saying, Justice Thomas, quote does not dispute any historical or present fact about the origins and continued existence of race based disparity, nor could he Yet is somehow persuaded that these realities have no bearing on a fairisssessment of quote individual achievement and also wrote that Thomas quote ignites too many more straw mental list or fully extinguished here saying all you were saying was a bunch of nonsense. Goes on to say, quote, would let them eat cake obliviousness. Today the majority pulls the ripcord and announces quote, color blindness for all by legal fiat. But deeming race irrelevant in law does not make it so in life, Yes exactly. But yeah, you know this will have an impact definitely on the makeups of new incoming classes, because it always does.
Speaker 3: It's incredibly frustrating.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was probably a benefit of affirmative action. I went to a private PWI in southern Texas as a Latino student who it was I think.
Speaker 3: Three percent of the population of the university.
Speaker 2: And I have also taken I highly recommend Glenn E. Singleton's book Courageous Conversations about Race. He is a black queer man who has founded this program, but it originated as a bookie authored he went to Princeton, I think, and he has like a really great visual about how affirmative action really works and how in reality it is such a sliver of the population of students who actually get into universities, whereas a good like it's like almost like a pie chart that he does where it's like sixty percent of the students that really get in our legacies are people who their parents paid a lot of money for theirs. They work at the universities, and they do not have the grades, They do not have the charisma or the caliber. It is once again a part of the system of like black and brown folk have to work twice as hard to get half as far. We have to have double the credibility to even be considered into these universities, whereas these white counterparts who are alum.
Speaker 3: Get in without a sliver of what we are capable of.
Speaker 1: So hey, hey, Justice Kavnaugh busted his tail. He busted his tail, so his grandpa will go to Yale.
Speaker 3: Literally, it just like grinds my gears.
Speaker 2: As someone who loves education, like I wanted to go get a master's and like a PhD. And I like really valued school when I was in it. I love learning, it just hurts, like it sucks to see that like students who have come from minority backgrounds, which I don't even like to say it like that, but come from disenfranchised background who all they've wanted is an education, are so much smarter than a lot of the kids who get in will not probably get in because of more discrimination.
Speaker 3: Like it's just frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll see what happens, but again, we'll talk a lot more about it on tomorrow's full episode. Next thing is going on, Barbie, Barbie shit is fucking everywhere.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm I'm in, I'm all in. I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go see it. I'm definitely gonna check it. I mean, this whole month, you got Barbie, you got Oppenheimer, you got Mission Impossible. There's a lot, like for the first time, I'm like, oh shit, I might go to the movies, like more than twice in a month. Uh well, not that even go once a month. But I'm I'm about to bring my ass to the theater. I'm ready for the Barbie movie. Now. All the marketing shit around it is a lot. It's a lot. Now again, I get it. This is what you do when you got a huge film. I remember, like when like you know, in the heyday of Blockbuster films. It's like Taco Bell was always collabing with whatever. Like I remember when Godzilla came out and you were trying to get those chiloupas but you couldn't get the Z to spell out Godzilla to win the two million dollars, but all you could do is spell Godla, which for me was fine because I'm a Jay Dilla fan. But anyway, I'm just looking at a writer. Jam mcnaw was just pointing our attention towards all of the wonderful is Okay, Coldstone has a pink cotton candy ice cream with Graham Cracker pie cross. This shit looks like like Joseph's technical or dream quote on acid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hungry looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's also Aldo is making Barbie shoes, Barbie makeup. There's Barbie rugs coming out, Barbie toothbrushes, a whole line of Barbie clothes at the gap. Yeah. So Nicks Cosmetics is the one doing the one phone.
Speaker 3: Absolutely phone.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want the flip I literally my sister making the summer What.
Speaker 1: Who's making the flip phone? What company makes the mix is making the flip phone? Oh? Nix is the cosmetic company is making the flip And it's a working cellular phone.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's like a mirror.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's like a makeup compact or something. Is that what you say? Do we still say that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Makeup compact?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I'm old I'm like, I thought it was called yeah, okay, anyway, oh god makeup compact. Yeah I thought there was, because you see so many retro like tech things coming out. I thought they made a fucking flip phone like that.
Speaker 2: You oh no, no, no, it's like a little Barbie like yeah, yeah, it's a Barbie.
Speaker 3: Phone for sure.
Speaker 2: My sister in law staying with us for the summer, and we've just been like texting each other so many memes. We're like, okay, so gen Z, Yeah, she's my little gen Z baby. Yeah yeah, yeah, she's twenty years old.
Speaker 3: She's on top of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we are just full pink pilled into oh shit, Barbie ship, gonna buy the Nick's little Compact.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go to the Barbie.
Speaker 2: There's like a Barbie Cafe in New York that opened up.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go to that.
Speaker 1: Out here. You could you could rent the Malibu dream House. I saw that on Airbnb. That was like I think, but that was only like that was one of those promo things. They also have a fucking you know that candle company Homesick that has like you know, like I'm not trying to give him free promo, but I'm not gonna lie like looks good, fuck with it. But they also have a Barbie Dreamhouse scent, and I'm like, I don't know what that's gonna smell, like rotten plastic from something that's been in your garage for forty years. Uh. Then like there's video games sports a Horizon. It's a racing game on Xbox. You can drive Ken's Hummer or like her corvette. It's wild. Then they make an Xbox that is all. It's everywhere, y'all. Then HGTV they had a fucking reality show they're putting out called Barbie Dreamhouse Challenge, where people trying to make a house into a wild fever dream for Barbie fans. So this marketing, it's wildless strength and.
Speaker 2: As a shoe girly, there's some really cute Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm here for it. I'm here for the party.
Speaker 1: I like how you heard me say, although and then you started going, let me just click the link real quick, let me see what the fuck they got. And then before we go to break, Jesse Waters is trending because this dude spoke to like a group of executives like investor. I don't know what kind of executive group what it was, but that was like maybe sixty percent conservatives, and this dude thought he was like in a comfortable room and started, like I don't know, openly questioning Kamala Harris's like gender and shit and making really crash jokes. And it caused a fucking meltdown in this place. And by meltdown, I think just some of these executives like apparently this is all part of like this whole convention or something. Some of them were about to attend like a d like a diversity inclusion luncheon. Like after that, we're like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: Maybe they hired courageous conversation.
Speaker 1: Right, and these some people just walk the fuck out and we're like, what the fuck was this one person that went said quote? It was an epic meltdown. Afterward, the organization went into damage control. So the chat between Jesse Waters and like the head of this organization like just went on even after like clearly was like what the you know, what the fuck did you just say? Uh? The guy came out and was like this doesn't reflect our organization or whatever. It's like, well you invited him there, and Jesse Waters isn't some you know, revolutionary civil rights speaker, So what the fuck did you think it was? But again they said the association, they said acted quickly and decisively, and the interview session conducted does not reflect our values. Then we cut it off. Okay, well right, sure, sure, sure, I mean, like the second I would see that like lineup of speakers are y'all? Okay? What? No, Anyway, he's taken over the eight o'clock hours starting July and based on the shit I saw him saying on Fox where he was like talking about how like he didn't like he don't cry because he's a man's like maybe I cried for my first two babies births, but I don't need to talk about this. Very cool, Very cool. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back to talk some more stuff after this and we're back. Some bad news, some sad news. Madonna was rushed to the hospital. She's been hospitalized apparently since I think Saturday, wow, and was intubated like in the ICU after being found unresponsive. Oh my god. Yeah. Yeah, So like that tour is postponed and I believe they said it with some kind of like bacterial infection, so that is.
Speaker 3: I'm like, is it meningitis? That's so scary.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, I have no clue, and I'm not counting on the tabloids to give me, not counting super medical details quite yet. But yeah, really really sad.
Speaker 2: But yeah, praying for Madonna, that is really sad. She's an absolute pop icon to.
Speaker 1: The icon kind of got wobbly in the in the last couple of years, but hey, yeah, you know what stay safe thout icon nonetheless, Yeah, yeah, absolutely absolutely, but they say we will share more details with you as soon as we have them, including a new start date for the tour and for the rescheduled shows.
Speaker 3: It's like, bruh, I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, some people probably are. They're like, I didn't pay all this money for you to be intubated in the ICU, so guess what I must see you outside and it's ugly Madonna. I'm sure there are people probably saying that. But McDonald's they're trending because I don't know, like someplace like they've responded to the grimest shake TikTok trend and by that all I've seen is that they posted from like the McDonald's account, like a picture of Grimace being like me pretending I don't see the Grimace shake trend.
Speaker 3: Wait, can you enlighten me what the trend is?
Speaker 2: Because as someone who's chronically I am not come across the trend.
Speaker 1: Becca, my dear dear, no colleague and human being. Now has come the time where the geriatric millennial will put you, the person who is not even even close to their thirties, onto what is happening on the internet.
Speaker 3: That's not true. I am close to my thirties.
Speaker 1: I was giving you some grace. I was giving you some greapes. Your vibes are not even close. And I don't mean to say that you're immature, but you have you have a youthful exuberance to you. All that to say is so you've heard how we've been saying the Grimace shake is a grimmace come because the first time we heard about, like, what the fuck is this? This seems weird. So in the last week on TikTok, everybody's been doing these videos where it starts off being like, hey, I'm about to try the Grimmace shake, blah blah blah. They take a sip hard cut to people that are like fucking fucked up in the streets. Hold on, I'm gonna play. Yeah, Brian is like I gotta pull you, gotta pull it up. Hold on, yeah, I'm gonna pull it up.
Speaker 3: So guys, we're gonna celebrate Grims's birthday.
Speaker 2: We got some shakes.
Speaker 1: This one's for you.
Speaker 2: Happy Birthday.
Speaker 1: Along at the edge of a universe, summing a tune, Oh siren, sound like the Goddess. Okay, that's one style. I gotta show you a couple.
Speaker 3: Of McDonald's trying the Grimace shake.
Speaker 1: I just know how it is. Kind of sucks you. Okay, now you're on. So people have just been acting like this ship is turning you a zombie. You're gonna get taken away.
Speaker 3: How how did this happen?
Speaker 2: Like the one video I saw my gen Z sister in Los Angeles to our Gangee group chat and instead like it was like, I don't know what's in this Grimmace shake, but now I'm pregnant with a baby Grimace, Like I thought that's where this was going.
Speaker 3: Like it was like, no, super goofy.
Speaker 1: They have wild ones, like woman takes a sip and she's like, no, that's not that bad. And then you just see purple start to run down her nose and like her husband's like, what's wrong, what's wrong, and like the lights go off. She's like crawling on the ceilings and shit, it's it's amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm shook.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I know. I just love that. Like, we collectively as a society saw that there was just something weird with the Grimace shake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they took it.
Speaker 1: My crass ass over on this show. We're like, that's just come and then they're over here like this will turn you evil. This was evil. I mean, there's something in the shake y'all. We are all seeing it. We're all seeing it. But yeah, all they did was sort of respond on that with on Twitter with that. I don't know what. I don't know what they're probably thinking right now, because you know.
Speaker 3: What, I actually have intimate knowledge with the UH.
Speaker 1: Find Out team. Give us an update, give us an update.
Speaker 3: Text my friends, I.
Speaker 1: Don't put them on blast though, don't put them on blast, you know what I mean you, but you will have a way to find out and we will have it. We'll come back with an update because it's it's amazing, but I get how they're like, well, we don't want people to think our product is going to make you like lose your ship, but hey, why not? All right? And finally, Oceangate is trending again because they have began to recover like pieces of the fucking sub and they also believe that they found what they believed to be human remains in the wreckage.
Speaker 2: From I mean I watched a lot of TikTok explainers.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was, and the one that cooked you inside? Did you see that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean I was confused, I guess because I was really sad y'all that I was out of town actually when ocean Gate broke, because I was like, yeah, I'm missing TDZ Ocean Kate.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, You're doing your thing out there Puerto Rico. Yeah in the time, Yeah, yeah, do that.
Speaker 3: I genuinely am.
Speaker 2: So lost as to the physics of this, Like I was on a person that it was like kabluie you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah exactly, like or it just gets super scrunched. And then they said like again this is this is TikTok science where one guy who was old and it's so weird. How like when you watch Ticktick you like, well, this person seemed old enough to not be lying to me.
Speaker 2: For first while, I was like, Hank Green said it, so I kind of trust him. I was said, yeah, okay, Hank Green explained it to me, and I was like, I trust Hank Green.
Speaker 3: I've been watching him for years.
Speaker 1: Beard explained it to me with a dodgy background, So I'm gonna just go with what he said. But anyway, a lot of people were most of those videos seem to say like finding remains is probably yes, yeah, like a fool's errand but I have a feeling based on like this chunk that they pulled out, like maybe it's smushed in there for lack of a better word, I don't know. Anyway, they're going to do an analysis and all that. So there's that I have.
Speaker 3: A question, Miles. And granted, maybe we're not the people.
Speaker 2: To have this discion as two people who don't come a science back around.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is exactly this is a podcast, you kidding me. This is exactly where people who are unlearned go to wildly speculate about things that are verifiable.
Speaker 2: But go on, Yeah, I'm like, okay, so how come the Titanic isn't exploded because is it because.
Speaker 1: It's different down? Yeah, because it went it was already broken and then it just goes down and.
Speaker 3: On because it was like a pressurized tube. Is that why?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because it imploded. It was like an implosion. Yeah, that's the reason why that broke apart. But if you look, I mean like.
Speaker 3: The Titanic, like things just sunk and they're no longer.
Speaker 1: But also the pressure is fucking it up down there.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, because I'm.
Speaker 1: This sounds so horrible coming out of my mouth, I'm like, the pressure is fucking it up down because.
Speaker 2: I'm like in theory like just kind of like space, well, no spaces, like you freeze it up.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like.
Speaker 3: If you sink, would you just the bones.
Speaker 2: From the pressure explode? Like think if you're a skeleton sinking.
Speaker 1: What happened to bones? Look? Yeah, I'm smart enough to say I don't fucking know, but I can't wildly speculate that the pressure is still fucking up the Titanic down there. But please, someone with an atmospheric science background, please please come let us know what the fuck happened, Like you know, like, is it is that? Is that likely or you know what, maybe we just I'm acting like we don't. We can't call somebody up anyway, I know that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: That's so many questions like and honestly no desire to google. But I have just been wildly speculating in my brain since mention Gate broke of like I I simply don't understand. But also I'm very much like respect the ocean, not fuck with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she'll get rid of her.
Speaker 2: I really be like staying out of it. I'm not going further than I can stand.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, wow, you don't want that ship to take you away?
Speaker 2: Huh No, I'm so afraid of play might take me little island, but like I stay on the on the shore.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, I like to feel infinity around me. No, that's how I think of it when you're in the ocean. Anyway. Way, Anyway, people with science backgrounds, please tell us is does does the pressure be sucking it up down there still? And enlightened what happened to the bones? Okay? Anyway, that's gonna do it for this edition. You know, we'll be back tomorrow with a full episode, and then we're gonna be you know, Monday and Tuesday. We have off fourth of July. Do what you need to for that time, but until then, take yourselves. Take care of each other. You know, you know, listen to science. Don't listen to us US. Listen to science. Get those vaccines. Look out for malaria if you have an unexplained fever, because that's that ship is back. And yeah, and don't do nothing about white supremacy unless you're the Supreme Court who will literally do nothing about white supremacy.
Speaker 2: And also shout out to the people who sent me lots of recommendations about eyebrow gels and lamination. I got an email recently that was really sweet, and I haven't responded to.
Speaker 3: It because I was on vacation.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Okay, I appreciate y'all so much. I think I am just gonna get the Banada y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, get the laminators out, all right. We'll see y'all next time. Bye.
Speaker 3: II