Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady.
Speaker 1: I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you so much for being here with us once again.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we in the middle of the summer.
Speaker 1: Y'all, we are. I hope you guys are enjoying your summer. Yes, I am. Has it gone fast already though, right, because it's we almost on July? Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a mess, but I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I hate it like I love the summer. Because I will be honest, I sound like a horrible parent. I really hate school. I really hate you hate when your kids are in school? Yes, okay, I love having my kids home with me and we can just do whatever and we can just and they're at the right age for that. Yes, And I'm like, oh, I really really don't like school. Yeah, And I'm like, and I can't say that around the kids, but yeah, please don't. Is that just is school your shady moment? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I got to give you my shady moment because I forgot about it and then I remembered it this morning. Okay, Okay, two things. So you know, my kids just recently graduated from high school. Yes, congratulations, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Get all the fields about that. Yeah, it's a lot of fields. But I wasn't like crying that day. Okay, I did good. Okay, I think I just was like in denial right totally.
Speaker 2: But I had like a little graduation party for them. So some of my family members came, okay, and they could not like stay for the whole for the whole dinner because they had to go whatever. So they were like, So I had two cakes, like one for Angel and it said like where she's going to college and a door and by the way, Carly shout out to Carl. She helped me, you know, get this whole thing together. And it was very beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, balloons everywhere, great decor, all the things. Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, my my family members who were leaving early because after they ate, they were like, yeah, we just that we gotta go.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, cool. They were like, can you cut the cake? Now?
Speaker 2: That would be me what I was undone. So I was like, no, actually I can't. And because mind you, when I knew they were leaving early. So when they got there, I had them order before everyone else. Yeah, so they got their food first, they ate, and then they're like cut the cake.
Speaker 1: Now. I was like, get out, get out. That would be me. Why, yes, I the highlight for me. If I'm invited to a baby shower, which I hate baby showers, let me too. Shit, Oh my god, I don't care. I do not want to see you open up freaking your freaking gifts. I don't care to see the pacifiers in the in the burp cloths and I don't and the onesies. Yes, yeah, so I hate baby showers. But if I'm invited to a baby shower, a bridle shower, a birthday party, graduation party, I am going because I don't leave my house right simply for the cake. Yes, I am like, yes, I'm gonna get cake. And well then you have to wait, you have to wait until it's cake cutting time. But nope, here's the thing. So, first of all, I'm very picky about my cake. Like if it's like a cake from the grocery store or Costco or whatever, I'm not eating it or Wegmans, I'm not eating it. Like that's a waste of calories, like, no, totally. This cake has to be like a real cake, from real cake. So the cake was from your people, yes, yes, my cakes. Okay, yes, So so I'm excited for the cake and what happens is and see they were being good guests, because what happens is, you know, people start leaving sometimes before you cut the cake, and then you end up with all this leftover cake. So they were trying to help you out. They were not. They were so.
Speaker 2: Freaking greedy and horrible, and I just was like I thought they were joking.
Speaker 1: At first.
Speaker 2: I thought they were like, hey, Zuck, can you cut the cake now? I was like no, And I was like, I thought it was like a joke. They kept asking like, are you sure you're not going to cut the cake out? Yes, I'm sure there's two cakes.
Speaker 1: You can cut one of them. I was like, no, the hell I can't eat? Get out? How close of a family member is sounded like a sibling, Yes it was. I didn't want to say that, but yeah, like get out is what I said. Oh definitely do that to a simbling No, but I really would be like, so, yes, I'm not to leave, and when are you guys playing on cutting cake, I would Yeah, that's shady number one. But because I am a good sister, I had the cake brought to them.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice. After it was cut and we took pictures and we did you had cake left over because you waited too late to cut the cake.
Speaker 1: They totally had cake left over. Everyone always has cake left over. But you don't want a ton of cake left over, now, you don't, you know. So I had to send to them.
Speaker 2: They were very happy, and they literally ate it like three days later and they.
Speaker 1: Were still like, oh my god, it's so good. Yes, yeah, okay, but there's places for that. It's called a bakery. Get your own, okay, But that's the thing. It's like a special occasion. You don't want to if you okay, if you were going to the bakery just to get a cake to put in your house, then like you have serious problems, like you got some sweet issues. Yeah you need to be going to the doctor or something.
Speaker 2: So okay, I may or may not have done that, But anyway, what is your shady moment?
Speaker 1: So okay, I you know what, I don't really have a lot of shady moments going on right now. Okay, my shady moment is actually today, as I sit here and I talk to you guys, I have, like, I experience something really exciting and fun and entertaining, and I'm not allowed to talk about it. Like I'm so okay, I can say something now like Robin might have been on Trita's and now she's back, and now she can't say nothing about it. You're allowed to confirm or deny. I'm not allowed to talk about it. I'm not allowed to talk about just you know, my experiences or where I've been lately or anything like that. And I'm like so bummed about that because I was really looking forward to sharing, you know, just.
Speaker 2: Ya all the things. So I just want to say that Robin may have left the country. And when she laughed.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, Robin's rolling out and she'd be back. I was like, in Robin Withdrawal, I was literally like, when is Ronnie coming back? I can only imagine your family, Oh my god. But I like, I felt like my world was not revolving correctly because Robin was gone too long. So anyway, happier back. Oh that's so sweet and I appreciate that. And yes, my family was spinning. They like totally staying in circles. Yes, I can only imagine they were leaving me voicemails because I didn't really have access to my phone, which is a whole nother yeah world that you actually kind of eventually get used to, and you might even appreciate a little bit, right, you are kind of happy about it for a minute or two because we're all addicted to Instagram exactly, so I actually appreciate that a little bit. But they were leaving me voicemails, okay, Like they would call my phone which is turned off. Oh, and they would leave you them, Oh that's so sweet, and leave me voicemails. Did you listen to Like I eventually listened to them. Yeah, They're like, where are you coming home?
Speaker 2: We're dying, Oh my gosh, and you you legit leave three boys? Yes, and boys cannot take care of themselves.
Speaker 1: No, no. And then of course I get home and my kids are like, like, you know, you get home from traveling overseas, it's quite a journey, right, And my sons are like, yeah, so what are you cooking? And you are like door dash, Yes, I'm like, but y'all have to suffer another day of Yeah, you know, takeout meals or whatever, but they were just like, we just want home cooked meal. That's so sweet. My girls would never say that. I could be gone for three years. They're never gonna say that to me. At that's so funny. Yeah, so it was. It was nice. But yes, the shady moment said, I really can't talk about it, which sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The shady is that you're gagged. You're nbaight up? Okay, Yes, I love it. Okay, speaking of the MVP of first of all, MVP is Robin Dixon. But outside of Robin, the MVP I feel is Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 1: Oh. Okay, So did you know about his concert that he had last night? I just saw a clip he sang. He he performed the song five times in a row. What's the song called? This is Us? They ain't like us.
Speaker 2: They ain't like us. The other day was June teenth. Yeah, shout out to the the reason why we have Juneteenth and the fact that now it's a federal holiday.
Speaker 1: Yes, very excited about that. And on Juneteenth, by the way, I was black and the black black black, I was Okay, I was looking for the cookout. Okay, confine the cookout because it was very hot outside, but I was looking for I was definitely looking for it. I was. I had my fist in the air, I got my black uf. Yes.
Speaker 2: So it was a pop up concert okay in La, Yeah, which I'm here for a pop up concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, which is like you gotta be right exactly, pop up where to make sure that people are there, meaning pop up like it's not a tour. Okay, yeah, I think he just popped up. Okay, and he invited like everybody, and now like doctor Dre and all the people, it was free. Hell no, I'm sure. I'm sure somebody paid.
Speaker 2: I got a ticket, and you know, Kendrick need to get paid, right and Dre ain't coming out for free ever. Okay, Okay, so there's that. Then he decided to play or sing or rap.
Speaker 1: They not like is it? They not like us? Are they? They're not like us? Five times in a right, he did it five times. That's just petty on petty. I am here for it. I freaking love it. I'm super petty, so petty, so petty might as well like milk it while you can and everybody say every word. And look the people overseas they play it too, yes, well people ever sees when I spent time overseas, they're playing it too. Okay, they played it too.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, y'all are up on the Kendrick A situation. Drake's Yes, So, Kendrick, you're my heroes. You are super petty and I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was hilarious. Have we heard from Drake since? Okay, So that's a question.
Speaker 2: What should Drake do in response to this, because the whole world is now laughing at him again?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, Hm. Should he lay low? Should he not come out the house?
Speaker 2: Should he try to go should he try to do his own pop up in Toronto where the hell he's from?
Speaker 1: What should he do? No, there's nothing he can do. I think he just needs to just be quiet for a while, just like shut up. Yeah, yeah, just be quiet for a while. Let people forget. You know, people have short memories. Let them forget. And then he's going to come out with an album hopefully that is great. Yeah, he got to come out with a great one, like he can't come out with like a I don't know, a whack, non memorable one. Yeah, and then no one will even remember that Kendrick lamar, No one is going to forget to perform. They not like us five times in a row and a row and everybody was here for it, I always say, And I told her I actually texted Portia recently because you know she would go back and forth on the internet with her with Simon. Yeah, Poria Williams by the way, Real Housewives up Atlanta. So I'm like, w w g D. What would Chazelle do? Right? So would do nothing? I think that's what Drake should do right nothing, Yes, yes, exactly, And you just come back out like nothing ever happened, like you unbothered by you know, Drake is being an unbothered queen right now. Yes, yes, yes, But can you imagine I'm sorry, the Kendrick song. Can you imagine how amazing that song sounds like at a very loud you know, like certain songs like when you play them loud, it's like, yes, oh my gosh, like this really hits like I can I can only imagine how pumped people were in that stadium. Did they have a video of that the whole Yes? Why are you trying like a pretax to turn this suck a card? Okay, where have you been today? Listen, I've been enjoy it. I'm not on. I got used to not looking at my phone.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well, really I'm a need for you in order for people, for reasonably shady's sake, I don't need for you to get back into it.
Speaker 1: I know, speaking of unbothered.
Speaker 2: So the other day it was Donald Trump's birthday, right, and I don't know what he did for his birthday. I'm going to assume there was a porn star involved on his birthday. Oh, I'm just making that assumption. Okay, so right, why not Joe Biden his counterpart or not counterpart, what do you call it?
Speaker 1: He's running mate, No, nice running damn it? His opponent, opponent, Yeah, guys, his opponent and actually the president of the United States, Joe Biden. He tweeted, he said, Happy seventy eighth birthday, Donald, take it from me.
Speaker 2: Hold on, oh god, take it from one old guy to another. Age is just a number. The election, however, is a choice.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was like, that was the shadiest nicest. That was nice nasty. Yeah, that was nice nasty. That was very It was very shady. Was he was reminding the folks, Yes, I'm not the only old man in this race. Hello, because seventy eight is pretty close to eighty, right, Yes, what is Biden eighty? I think he's is he eighty one? He's they're like four years apart. Yes, here, it's nothing big. Yeah, yeah, the election is a choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so people, I'm just gonna say this, and you know, Robin and I don't really get political, but make the right choice. Yes, yes, we want this country to be a democracy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the end this country. It's a hot mess right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of choices, have we seen Bill Belichick's choice these days?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, he's got a young one? What yes? Does he ever a very young one? Okay? What is the what's the age difference? Do we know? I think she is twenty four, twenty five something like that, and he's ninety three Bill. He looks ninety three. Bill Belichick was born on April sixteenth, nineteen fifty two, which makes him seventy two years old. I don't know how these young girls can do it. I don't care how much money a man might have. Yeah, I just cannot envision myself as a twenty four year old dating someone in their sixties and up. Yes, well, yeah, you know what I mean, Like the twenties should stay forties. It's like if you're going to at the most, yeah, top forties. Yes, I don't know. I mean it depends on the twenty something year old, like okay, because nowadays people in their fifties think that they're twenty right, So people true, justelle, people's mentalities are a little bit different. They can kind of maybe relate a little bit more true today than before. But just physically, I just how are you having sex with this man? Right? And have you seen his gut lately? Yeah? And it was already bad when he was coaching. I'm sure it's worse now now that he's not. Oh he's not coaching anymore. No, they let him go, okay, and he can't and for whatever reason, like no one was interested in hiring him, Like he tried to interview with other NFL teams and no one was interested in hiring him. If you all don't know who we're talking about, we're talking about the former head coach of the New England Patriots. He won a ton of Super Bowls coach Tom Brady. For years, he was probably arguably, you know, considered one of the best football NFL football coaches totally this. This man has got him a nice twenty young, twenty four year old.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying to look up the age difference. The age difference is because colleenne here, y'all, I don't know, guys, call it quick.
Speaker 1: Just let y'all know. The difference is. Does anyone want to apply for a fact checker? I can't get how old is? Oh he's seventy two.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, seventy's twenty four and he's seventy two.
Speaker 1: What's the math on that? That's too much? Seventy two minus twenty four. I'm just gonna put forty eight years? What forty eight years? Bill? Stop it? This is your great granddaughter, right. This isn't even your granddaughter, she's your great granddaughter. Wow, and Bill, what are you doing? I'm mad at the girl? The girl? How do you mad with that? I'm mad at him. I'm not mad at him. I'm just I'm mad at her. Listen, Yeah, what we have to do better? Out here? In these streets's former cheerleader for New England. I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where you met her on the sidelines. She was shaking her pop poms. Wow, he said, I like the way you shake it. Can we go to dinner? I can't, right, That's why I got fired. It was distracted watching the cheerleader.
Speaker 1: Listen. He didn't even have to take her to dinner. He can take her as chuck cheese. He could take her to what's that place called the place where they played the Oh davey take her? All right? Stall keep him young? I mean will it keep him young? Yes? Or kill him? Right, one of the two. Exactly.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have a heart attack next week. Okay, I don't wear that on anybody, all right. Speaking of puff puff pass and speaking of wait a minute, we didn't say.
Speaker 1: Puff puff pass. But by the way, I was at a party. A hell of a transition, I know.
Speaker 2: I was at a party recently and they were giving out free gummies. Right, yeah, I've never seen people go so berserk in order to get the free So there was a wall of containers of free gummies. Yeah, and then it was just kind of like, hey, there's free there's gummies over there.
Speaker 1: They were they ran for the B line like their life depended on it. Okay. And then some people they like open up their purses and they're like like took all they like what they persons, and they tried to get as many containers in their purse. It was an absurdity to man, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually like interesting to see who was running the fastest to the wall. I was like duly noted, All right, business anyway. Let's so, Kendrick Lamar is getting our MVP.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Second MVP of the day is Wes Moore, okay, because he has decided, oh yes, to let one hundred and seventy two thousand thousand I'm sorry, one hundred and seventy five thousand inmates out of jail.
Speaker 1: Are they okay? Is he releasing them out of jail? I don't think he's releasing them, okay, I'm rated to you.
Speaker 2: I think Wes Moore of Maryland signed in an executive order on Monday wiping out more than one hundred and seventy five thousand convictions related to marijuana. Right, So that means and it's gonna take a while for them to get out, right. It's not like, oh, they're all out tomorrow, but because they have to like process that and everything's gonna take them about ten months for them all to come out right.
Speaker 1: But marijuana is legal. But I don't think they're all I don't think this applies to just people in jail. This's probably like, you know, someone could have been convicted of marijuana possession or whatever and not been sent to jail or when, but you still have it on your record. I think it's like you're clear, they're clearing people's records, and I was getting today and clearing people's records right so that they can like be you know, be a part of society and get jobs and all that kind of stuff. Right, Yes, So I think that's amazing. No, that is amazing, right because it's legal now. I mean, it's it's it's very similar to like what's going on in the NC double A with the sports how you know now they reinstated, they gave Reggie Bush his Heisman trophy back because of the whole you know, now these players are getting paid to play and all of that type of stuff. So it's like when something becomes legal and the rules change and you can't have people sitting in jail or being penalized for something that's now legal.
Speaker 2: That's now legal totally and you can't hold it against them when they're trying to get a job, right, yes, so go ahead on Wes moorees our great governor of the state of Maryland out.
Speaker 1: Here doing stuff, and hopefully other states will do the same thing. Exactly they should. But how many states is marijuana legal in? Probably half, I think, is it? I'm just making that up. Okay, I'm like half. But yes, as marijuana is legalized across the country, that definitely should that almost should be part like when they legalize marijuana, that should also be part of the mandate. Like okay, Now, anyone that has a marijuana conviction gets it expunge from their record, or you know, if they're sitting in jail for marijuana, then they.
Speaker 2: Yet to be totally let go, totally release and they should even be given like because you know how we asked for reparations forty year, they should be given, like a marijuana company.
Speaker 1: A percentage, They should.
Speaker 2: Give it like a half a point doing that, but I would get him back on their feet, and that would be fair. If you serve time for selling something and it's now no longer against the law, you should get something.
Speaker 1: I mean, but this is then this happened, like with alcohol. Wasn't alcohol illegal years ago? And then they legalized it and now it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but was people people going to jail for prohibition? I mean, for no, that was back in the day.
Speaker 1: I got to ask Carter my history buff.
Speaker 2: Okay, so loving, I'm loving all of that now, didn't tell you what I'm not loving. So the other day, Justin Timberlake got pulled over for duy.
Speaker 1: I sure did. And you know, it is what it is. It happens.
Speaker 2: And reports have come out that he was drinking everyone's drinks at the party. He was picking up drinks that did not belong to him, and he was chucking it back.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was chuck a lugging.
Speaker 2: So Gail King gets on her show it says, oh my gosh, I cannot but this has got to be a mistake. I know Justin and Justin she's just so responsible of a human being, and I just could not see that this is totally a mistake.
Speaker 1: What why is? Why is that hard to believe? Okay?
Speaker 2: So a couple of months ago, we were praising Gail King because she got on the cover of Sports Illustrated and she looked amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you know she did on watch Wappons Live. Throw me a solid because you know so, I'm not I'm not gonna criticize Gail. However, we love Gail. Gail's amazing. However, on this one, yeah, ma'am, stop talking right, yes, because you don't. You weren't in the car, Gail King. You weren't at the party. You weren't in the car. You know. That's and that's the hard part. It's like when you when you know someone who has you know, made a mistake and they're in trouble, like of course you want to support them and you want to you don't want to turn your back on them or criticize them, but you have to be realistic and realize people are humans.
Speaker 2: It's not perfect, and there's different ways to support him. Pay his bail if you want to support him.
Speaker 1: But what's he to say? He wasn't drinking, Like, cut it out right. You weren't there, so you can't say that. Did you hear though that the officer whoever like pulled him over whatever had no idea that he was a mega super music star because he said something like, oh, man, like I have a tour. You know, I'm not to go on tour and it's going to mess up the tour, and the officer was like, what tour? What are you talking about? He's like my music tour and they're like, who are you? Right well, but Justin doesn't have like a distinguishing look about him, right well, I wouldn't know Justin. If I pulled Justin like over, I would know I pulled him for true, but he doesn't have like a who would be like you can't miss who he is. I mean, I think it's just it's just a sign of the times. I think people like, what's the Justin really hasn't Has he put out new music? No? Not sin the eighties then bye bye bye bye? Was he bye bye? Yes? But he had he put out me Oh yeah he did that. He had his own solo album no no, no, no, no, no no no, wait a minute, what's the song? Yeah? And then he had the you Were the Rummy or yeah okay, dun dun duh. Yeah yeah, Justin had a he was like popping all time ago. Okay, but it's been a while and so if this officer is, I don't know, in their twenties or whatever, yeah, they might not know. Justin Timberly is.
Speaker 2: True and I think it's getting back to Gailking really quickly, and Gail, we love you, but it's very careless and irresponsible for somebody of her caliber to be like, oh, this was a mistake.
Speaker 1: Do you know how bad drunk driving is? Right? How bad? I mean it's like, no, that's not okay, and clearly they arrested. Well, oh he didn't. He wouldn't take the breathalyzer.
Speaker 2: No, several times they tried to get him do it. Several times He's like no, yeah, we know someone else. Right, he wouldn't take the breathalyzer. But his mugshot, Oh his eyes were bloodshot.
Speaker 1: Red, yes, yes, so stop it. He looked quite upset, unset. Well, anyway, we're gonna move on. So we have other people to trash, and that would be j Lo. So it's pretty much confirm Heart and Ben are a rap. You know, it is so funny. As these reports about them were coming out, I'm like, damn, I remember being a reasonably shady and I was so excited that they were back together. Yes, you, of all people were as pumped. I was just like, this shit is not lasting, and you were like, oh my gosh, this is amazing. They got back together after twenty years, they grew as individuals and they're better is yet better together? Oh again? I was like, gosh, oh, it hasn't even been a year since their wedding. Was didn't we look this up last time? Didn't we talk about this? We did talk about it, wasn't there wet? I think it has been a year. Let's see. Okay, Oh no, it was in twenty twenty two. It's been a couple of years. August. It was August twentieth, twenty twenty two. August. Okay, so it's been almost two years. So like, let's say we'll skim two years.
Speaker 2: They were together for two years, Yeah, but all of those two years been looked miserable for the entire time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by happy like first four months yeah yeah, and then they were out and they wed have this PDA all the time. Yes, And it's so crazy because it's like we know that she's calling the paparazzi to get photos of them having all these PDA sessions out in public totally and then and then it's so funny. I saw a recent paparazzi video of her at the Grove in la Have you ever been to the grove in La? I think super busy shopping mall. Okay, you just a celebrity doesn't just go to the grove by themselves with their daughter right to go shopping? Right, And so she's like, guys, please, like, can I just can you give me some privacy? Oh you're lying? Yes, I didn't see that, Yes, I just saw it.
Speaker 2: First of all, Why why do you have to go shopping with your dark Because it's called what do you call it?
Speaker 1: When you shop online? Online? Online shopping? Damn it? But it was like shop It's like, really, I don't know it, Like I I was a big j Lo fan for a long time, but there's certain things that I'm seeing and I'm like, I don't know, Like a lot.
Speaker 2: Of this is very calculated in and Ben's not that guy. Yeah, he is totally just not that guy. And he likes to be private. Yeah, they bought a sixty million dollar house not to be in anyone's pocket.
Speaker 1: But a sixty million dollar home is ridiculous. Is unnecessary? Is oil money? Okay, it's absurd.
Speaker 2: That's unnecessary, totally unnecessary, Like why couldn't you get like a fifteen million dollar house, like sixty million, Like that's absurd. Yeah, and you gotta maintain that, right, Yeah, you're I'm sorry, j Lo, You're not jay Z and Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Kay, yeah, because Beyonce is going to make that money, honey, right exactly. And oh and she canceled her tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the reason and you see what she said though, what did she say that she's just concentrating on her family. Remember how Nika was concentrating on her family and trying to have a baby.
Speaker 1: Sorry Nika, but j Lo, No, no one was buying tickets. I heard the tickets were Like I saw a post. It was like seven thousand dollars for like a like a VIP. Yeah, like a VIP kind of situation. Something crazy, Jennifer, something crazy. But yeah, so I started I did start reading. I was like landing on a post. Oh it was a someone reposted the video. Do you remember seeing Ben and jen walking down the street heading to a car and Ben looks angry. He's walking in front of Jennifer and she's behind him, and he goes and opens the door for her. Yeah, and she gets in the car and he slams it. Yes, Okay, so someone like reposted that like yeah, just like like just as a reminder this is going down before and he has been angry, yes, and the and then I went in the comments, and the comments were full of people that were like, oh, you know, I know, I work security at such and such, and she came doing she was the meanest person. You're not allowed to talk to her and can't even look in the eye, right, can't look in the eye or you know, I was a waiter and she would she wouldn't talk to me. She would tell her assistant her order, and her her assistant would tell me the order. What. Yeah, they were just saying how horrible and means she is.
Speaker 2: And it's not that serious. It's never not it's never that serious.
Speaker 1: And it's so crazy because I'm like, these people play such a good game. Because when you see her on TV, like whenever she's doing interviews, she seems she seems to have a great personality. You know, I would never look at her and be like, oh my god, she seems like a bit. But it was just I'm like, oh, something, she needs to take it. She needs to a little humble chill. They even made a whole TMZ special. I know, I know, we're justm y'all, ain't right? Y'all ain't right for that, right, Well, they have on the footage right exactly exactly, But this man was on there talking about yeah, like she's never been alone, like she's never yeah, like she goes from relationship to relationship to relationship to relationship, like, yeah, I think it's time for her. I used to do it in sometime with herself. Yes, really totally.
Speaker 2: From the time I was sixteen until after I got divorced. Oh my gosh, Like I would break up with the guy on Tuesday, on a Wednesday, I'd be with another man in a full blown relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. Now was there like do you do you looking back? Are you like okay? I had an issue?
Speaker 2: If no, someone it was just like they was pressing me out like I had like a I had just like too many people trying to like be in a relationship exactly. And then I was I promise you, I'm not trying to say, Okay, anyway.
Speaker 1: We're gonna move on. You can't be in it. No we're not. We're not moving on. You can't be in a relationship, yeah, and then break up with someone and then be in another relationship the next day. It don't work like that Bye, Robin, it was overlapping. Okay, there was some overlapping, So the reasons why your relationships didn't work or because you were cheating.
Speaker 2: Moving on, So I may or may not be on a show currently of the Real Housewives Potoma ya, we may or may not be filming right now. Anyway, the joke is always and this is a joke. That's why I'm like for people to really do this as absurd. So when the producers like come around me that I that I do talk to, They're like, don't look around the eye, don't look just l in the eye, like as a joke, right, oh hell now, don't look rund the eye because I'm so like talking to the crew and talking to the cameraman and like talking to audio.
Speaker 1: Like I'm that girl.
Speaker 2: So it's and the reason why it's a joke is because people that do that, it's like you're hurting yourself, right, yeah, you know what I mean, Like you you are creating an environment around yourself, creating an energy that is toxic and horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And you make people not want to work hard for you. Yeah, because you can't treat people with decency, like forget respect, You can't even give them the decency of looking them in the eye, which I think is crazy. Yeah, definitely that I mean. And when I was on any television production, because I have multiple television products, she does get into it. Put on any television production, actually anything I do in life, but on any television production, I make sure that I, you know, speak to the crew, speak to the producers like they're not just like invisible people. And I think they appreciate that. And so yeah, for Jennifer Lopez to be a bitch like that, Okay.
Speaker 2: So the other day, Andre three thousand, we know who that is? Yeah, outcast. I was gonna call him baby boy, but that's.
Speaker 1: The other God, that's his partner, partner right, no, big boy, big boy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Andre said that the only reason why he keeps his Instagram is so that people won't use his name. Oh okay, And I never thought about that, Like, I never thought like if I jump off Instagram, because I've thought about that a million times or any social media, like somebody's gonna take my name and just.
Speaker 1: Be right, is that Bryant? Yeah, and just be like tweeting for me or like post it for me. That's horrible. Yeah, but and that makes sense. And I actually thought about it about that too, because I turned my Twitter off. I'm like, I don't use it, but I was like, I'm like, damn, people could really be on Twitter pretending to be me, I know, and I don't know. That's scary. Yeah, yes, that's crazy. But at some point in time, I just want us all to get off social media. I know. Oh, have you think it's gonna happen? No? No, no, okay, I think as people, I mean, I think it evolves just because you know, like you see, it went and went from what my Space and Facebook, right, and.
Speaker 2: My Space well, my Space was first, right, and then Facebook I think, so yeah, we got.
Speaker 1: Into the Instagram world, no snap Snapchat, which I was never on Snapchat. Actually, honestly, Instagram is really the only thing I've actually been like active on. So I think it'll just continue to evolve somehow. I don't know. Maybe you know, as people get older, they they'll realize how frivolous it is and how like how just yeah, it doesn't really fulfill your life. But I don't know, I see old people on Instagram, you know, commenting, yeah, every day everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I went, I was, I was out somewhere.
Speaker 1: And I met somebody right, and I was like, I need his Instagram because I didn't want to give him my number, and they were like, he doesn't have Instagram. I was like, what does that mean? And they were like, he just doesn't have it. So but I think old, I think there's a generation, there's a age group of guys that are straight that know it's trouble and they don't have it. Ye, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But but it did. It was it was cause for pause because you do want to do a deep dive on somebody and you can't. It's so easy to do a deep dive with their social media and then you make a decision from that whether or not you want to talk to him.
Speaker 1: But if he's private, then you can't do anything. Can't do anything, and you got to talk to people. Boo. Yes, I know. I actually have a really good girlfriend, one of my best friends from childhood, who does not have Instagram. She doesn't like, she does not get on social media. And it's actually refreshing to be her friend because you know, as like for me being on the house, I was a potomac like she doesn't know any of the nonsense that happens on social media, right, and so she just watches the show and just goes off what she sees on the show. And so she has a very like her perspective is unjaded by social media. I love that and I love it, but she has she doesn't know anything that's going on. Like I could talk about, you know, Beyonce denounce the tour, she'd be like, really, oh my gosh, or you know what I mean, like anything, she knows nothing nothing, Like she's a she's a doctor. She just you know, goes to work, she takes care of her kids. She watches you know, what's on TV and stuff like Bill Maher or whatever. But like does not know what's going on in the world. And I think it's actually like really refreshing. I think it's totally refreshing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of like when I talk to my mother, she really doesn't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: And I'm like yes, And then and then it's annoying, right, because then you have to explain, Oh my god, imagine me trying to explain a show like Traders to my parents. Oh Jesus, oh my god. I'm like, okay, to sit down and.
Speaker 2: Get a glass of wine and be like, Okay, I start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, now there's a you know. It's just like, oh, so, it's so funny, I explained to her. She ended up downloading Peacock and binge watching Yeah one and two good. So she's ready. She is ready. So of course she has questions, all types of questions. Yeah, she'd be calling you with the questions.
Speaker 2: Listen, every my day, my mom be calling me with the questions like why did so and so say so? And so it's funny because when I do meet guys that and typically a straight man really hasn't watched Potomac unless he has a girlfriend or wife or something. And then and and they meet me, and I'm like and they're like, I'm never watched really your show?
Speaker 1: I know that there is a show. Yeah. I'm like, do not, right, That's what I said, do not. I'm like, do not watch that show. Yeah. I don't want you to have any I just want you to get to know me for me. Yeah, yeah, not for what I have done on that show exactly. Ye. Yeah, that's so funny. The other day, my son Corey was doing a zoom interview for like a basketball recruiting website or whatever, and the guy interview on him was like a college student journalist. Yeah, and he was like and I said, I said, I'm gonna sit here with him because he's a minor, you know, I just want to observe the interview whatever. And he was like, you know, asking like tons of questions about Wan because Wan is a you know, University of Maryland basketball legend or whatever. And then he was like, I'm sorry, mistis it. My girlfriend told me that you were on a television show, but I've never watched. And I was like, good, I'm happy that you've never watched. And you don't apologize for not watching, and you should not be watched.
Speaker 2: Don't if Bravo's on your like, like, just keep pushing the button like dot at Bravo, just keep pushing. Okay anyway, but we love Potomac obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when somebody has like a personal relationship with you, it's great if they don't have any context.
Speaker 1: Right, like know me for me, not for like you know, a show that's edited for your entertainment, for your entertaining.
Speaker 2: Purposes only, Okay, so Emon and not. Yeah, that's his name. And Tianna Taylor. Yeah, so you know they're getting a divorced.
Speaker 1: Do you know what he said to her? No, he said, I want everything I gave you back. Damn.
Speaker 2: He said, I want all the jewelry that I've given you, I want that chip back, and I want like houses or whatever. He wants everything back that he purchased.
Speaker 1: Has he lost his mind? Yes? No, you know what he has lost, but all of his money because he's not playing anymore. Now he's broke. Oh, that's why he wants a back. I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I can't imagine you asking your wife that you brought, bought jewelry, clothes, whatever you want to back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean that's trifling. But he tripped, Patty. Look, I guess it's like it don't hurt to ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this isn't like you know how we love Kenji Jamar for his pettiness.
Speaker 1: This isn't good, petty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now what he's doing isn't good, Petty, because I didn't even think about the fact that he's broke. Now he probably I want to say he's broke. I'm not saying I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know that for sure. I just know how these things go with the athletes. He has he what kind of contract did he have? He probably had a he probably had a nice one, but one hundred million dollars. Let's see him, gonn try to look it up. Okay, let's see what I could look up. He probably had a nice little run. But what happens is, even when you stop playing, you continue to spend like you're still playing, you know what I mean? Yes, Okay, he signed a four year, forty million dollar contract. Million a year. Okay, let's see salary ten million a year. Yeah, you can bowl that, Yeah he could. I know people, Okay, yeah, he made forty eight million, forty eight point six million over his the course of his career. Okay, so half of that goes to taxes all you know whatever, blah blah blah. And I know people who have blown who've made over one hundred million and blown it and blown it. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, so yeah, definitely he wants all the Joey back. Yes, yes, I get it now, so never mind. Yeah, yeah, and you know what, she might give it back to him. But if I don't even I don't know why they're getting a divorce. But yeah, if she's if she's mad about the divorce, right, yeah, don't give him a damn thing.
Speaker 1: I doubt she's going to give him anything back. I'm sure they're going to go through the whole you know, the lawyers are going to the court is going to figure out who gets what.
Speaker 2: Totally like I just but don't do but don't be that guy, right yeah, and that you're setting like you have you have a daughter, maybe they have two daughters.
Speaker 1: I know they have one daughter. One. Yeah, don't do that because because she wants the jewelry. Okay, And you know it's crazy. I remember just they had a show together, yes, and people, oh, we loved them, we love them, we love them. That's why you just can't really get caught up in people's relationships like that because clearly no one's perfect, no relationship is perfect. So but so, I think a lot of people were disappointed when they saw them split up or shocked, and I'm like I was, I was totally shocked. Really yeah, never shocked.
Speaker 2: You never shocked. No speaking, who's never splitting up? Ashanti and Nelly.
Speaker 1: Oh yes they are married, right, who knew that, right. Congratulations to them.
Speaker 2: Y's good for them, Yes, and they're they're never splitting up ever, she's about to pop that baby out.
Speaker 1: You're sure they're not a genin ben No.
Speaker 2: No, because now they have this baby that's you know, obviously binding them. And it seems like they're just having fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look like they have fun together.
Speaker 2: And Nellie never puts her in the car and slams the door and discuss never what's the song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all is that it? Sure? That's one of them. Oh, I don't know what they say. Listen, that's why he's singing to her before they go to bed at night. Oh my gosh, speaking to Nelly. I saw a post and it was it was a screenshot from his music video hot in Here. Yes, I don't know if you remember that video, but like, I mean, they're like in the club and the girls are dancing and sweating and the guys are behind the girls dancing, and like a young person screenshot it and tweeted it and they were like something like was the club really like this? Like why do like they're like why do we see these images? Like what is this like? And like so mean of like people dancing. Yes, and so someone who was like, hell yeah, like y'all are missing out, like the c this is exactly what the club used to be like, So what's the club like now? They just standing around looking on their phone. They sit around, they order bottle service, they look on their phones. They're think about the music that is played today. You can't dance to that music. No, not really, you can't, like get do you remember just going to the club. The middle of the dance floor is pas sham packed, You're sweating, you're not trying to be there looking all. You know, we didn't have pounds of makeup on our face. No I didn't need it, but no one had pounds of makeup on their face. Like. We were there to dance, have fun, party, Yeah, meet a couple of days, Yes, get a bunch of phone numbers, like written on a piece of paper. Now we need to go back to that. Yes, those were the times when I saw that. I was like, this is really sad because our kids, you know, they're not going to experience what we experienced and that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, well but when but the junior high parties. I don't know whether your kids went to some junior high like school parties.
Speaker 1: They were like that.
Speaker 2: They were all in the middle of dance floor and dance and they were sweating their hair out and a nice little pressing curl before they got in there, sweat that thing right on out. So I think as kids get older, they yeah, they go oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, they're just looking on their phones. They just posted up. I saw a video of Kevin Durant from you know he plays in the NBA. We know Kevin like practicing his shot in the club. He's literally like this. He's like, you know, like an imaginary dribble, you know, cross cross over and then pulling up. Can I speaks to the caliber of n But because that dude is problematic anyway, Okay, he's literally in the club practicing his shot, his imaginary shots. You know what's so crazy about that?
Speaker 2: It'd be one thing if he was trying to do that to try to get people to know who he is.
Speaker 1: We can't miss you do. And that's what I said. I was like, do you think he was trying to get attention, like he was trying to make sure yes, okay, no one's coming over to me, so let me make sure they see me here. Yes, Because it's penis is small.
Speaker 2: I've decided he's penis is small, by the way, not speaking of small penises, because he always says this is big Kanye West, who we don't discuss anymore and then we're gonna get out of here.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Kanye West and his girl, his wife were out recently at Paris Fashion Week. Okay, I missed that she has on a bodysuit and a pink wig. Okay, do you know what I said to myself when and he has on full white gear, face covered everything white gear. She has on a nude bodysuit literally thong bodysuit, so like her cheeks are out. They walking around the streets like it's like it's good in the hood.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she has on a pink wig. Okay, okay, you know and I.
Speaker 2: Said to myself, what Kim can never wear a pink wig a day in her life. All the pink wigs that are in her closet, she has to throw them in the trash can because if she wears, some.
Speaker 1: People gonna be like, oh ma, gadget copying. So I felt sorry for Kim because she wants a pink wig. Season well, Kim, I feel like I saw her recently wearing pink hair. Oh really, I thought she did some type of photo shoot and she had pink hair. Oh god, So who's copy and who I mean? Kanye is? Clearly Kanye is trying to make this woman into what he was trying to make him into. Yes, she's a clone of Kim, but like a more extreme version. Like I think he probably would have wanted Kim to walk around with the bodysuit tony care but Kim was probably like.
Speaker 2: No, no, and Chris was like hell no, right, yes, right, well poor like r I p pink wigs for kids, they're dead.
Speaker 1: She can't do it. All right, guys, we are out of here. We love y'all so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being with us, and like, keep continuing to listen to us.
Speaker 1: This is actually season full season four three the Real Potomach. Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or sh did you say the season four of The Real Houseworld Potoma? Oh shit, what I think you did? This is season four, oh reasonably Shady. Oh my god, I got too many jobs, y'alls, I got too many jobs. All right, y'all, this is season four of Reasonably shady and were so happy. Yes, by.
Speaker 2: Reasonably shady is that of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and reasonably Shady