Speaker 1: Shoe.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame, come in with last and come in with me and her love lond Baby. You better catch it when you can't drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 3: What's up tips? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know she raised shot Towns beacon to the grown a second, we're gonna lad coming to kick it and at the end we're leaving with just a lifted spirits.
Speaker 3: Did you want to revisit?
Speaker 2: So your first second listen, Jim Folks says lift, Oh Folking, we think it good.
Speaker 1: I know this.
Speaker 3: Do what you do? I know this. Do what you do?
Speaker 1: Nop this, do what I do?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Hi, hey, hey, this is comedian Flame Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. I think this is what fourteen fifteen Bobby Clifford, Hello Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 3: Hi, honey, Magical fourteen.
Speaker 1: Magical fourteen. You know that's one of my favorite that was that's my birthday. Hello Flamance and everybody out there and Laugh and Learning. We want to thank you guys for joining us. First of all, before we get this show started. I just want to say thank you to New York City Monday Night comedy in Harlem with Jamie and Nikki, you guys came through. Thank you to Christine Cougar and Young Teff, and to Smoky Schorez and to my girl Harmonica, somebody who I'm so proud of and getting back on stages all these years to do stand up. And to the young lady I think her name was Sasha, who hosted for us Tuesday Night at Saint Mark's Comedy Club, New York. You know I love y'all to death, so thank you for that. Secondly, we want to just before we get into the show, the King of Pop. Today is the King of Pop's birthday. Y'all know, Michael Jackson was the greatest entertainer in the world for me, my opinion, my page, my show. If you don't like it, I don't care. He is the greatest entertainer of all time for me. So happy birthday to Michael Jackson. Because today it's his birthday. He would have been sixty five, I think sixty six, So happy birthday to the King of Pop. And I said that the weekend has been great. I'm in Chicago, I'm making a speech Monday, and I'm here for the Continental Patches System. And I had a good week so far, and I might have some good news for y'all next week. So just hold your horses and tighten up your panties because it's coming down the lane. How is your week, Bobby Clifford?
Speaker 3: Why wasn't as exciting as that? But I love living vicariously through you. But I'm okay whether it's beautiful, I'm live. You know all that stuff sucking in air?
Speaker 1: Ready? And look you registered to vote all of that? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Always, I'm always. I stay ready so I don't have to get ready.
Speaker 1: Bobby's getting more and more African American, y'all as this show go on. I just want you all to know Bobby is turning into a full on SI stole. I just want you to know, be ready for it if you show up next season. Her name is Kesha. We just flipped the y'all, We flipped her. Thank you guys for joining us here. Thank you to our producer, mister Aaron Howard. Hey Aaron, where we go on, Bobby? Let's kick it off. Let's kick it off of what happened today? Now? Mind you? I didn't see it because I was in the streets, but Bobby saw it. So let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're talking about the Are we talking about the interview?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, so it's going It's probably over in four minutes. So I thought the first half hour because we had to get ready. We had got to get ready for this. I thought that Dana the interviewer did She was doing a great job. She was asking hard questions. I thought that Kama was handling them. I'd like to have a little bit more information some of the stuff that I think that Dana is. She's actually doing our favor because these are the questions everybody has. She's had Harris has had hard hitting feelings about certain things, and she wants to know why she's flipped. She doesn't want it to be known as a flip flopper. So you've changed, and you know what has changed and why has it changed. So she got some of that stuff out, you know. In one of the comments, Kamalas said that you know, her values haven't changed, but opinions have. And then they addressed in the part that I watched, I watched the rest after this, they had asked Tim Walls about his service record because he had said he'd held weapons of war. But when we heard the full the full explanation, it made sense. It was in response to a school shooting that had come out, and basically what he was trying to say is that he has held weapons of war and there's no reason for them to be in schools. People should not be able to get them so easy. Either that you know, you're not shooting B and B with an AK forty seven. He wasn't saying that he went to war with them, because all of his service was, you know, like when they have floods and earthquakes and all that stuff. It was more here, I think in the Americas where his service was. So I'll be interested to see. They were just kind of warming up when I when I dialed off, So I'll be interested to see to see the rest. I'm glad they they're starting with these interviews. Trump has been losing his bananas. She's not a good interviewer. And if she can't interview, and how does he know, he's never seen her interview before, but he is he is losing it. On Monday, he was he was at Arlington National Cemetery because that was the third anniversary of the thirteen who were killed at Abbey Gate over in Afghanistan when we're leaving, and he and his team went in with cameras, which in you know, the Pentagon says no, no, I don't know if it's a hard fast law, but you know, it's just you just don't do it. It's not a place for political coup. But he went in. He had permission from the families to take pictures of their kids' graves, and he went in and he did one of these like thumbs up in a big smile in front of the I. You know, I thought he might look in deference or something else. But it's a big hallaballoo that's going on right now. I mean, I hope to god he doesn't wind up with another indictment over something as heartless as this, But he is. I don't know who's advising him, but Kitty Correk did a whole write up if you want to read it, it's she's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Who's ever advising him? It ain't like he's listening.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm you're exactly. I mean, who would do this? But somebody has to put him in a car. You couldn't put him in a car and pretend you were you know, go to an old cemetery and down, pretend you're out and out like wantn't take all the pictures he wants. You know, this was just it was a bad look. He's already calling veterans losers and whatever the other expressions that he used. He's not so kind to them, and I thought this was a little disgraceful and distasteful, but he got his point across.
Speaker 1: Well, if you guys don't like that, just to go to the post and bothe the way you want to vote, Just make sure that you are registered to vote, because this is one of the topics that we're going to talk about. I'm jumping right into it right now. In Texas, they just reported that a million people's names were taken off the ballots to vote that they were unregistered. I don't know what they did on the internet, which is why we are telling you make sure you go to vote dot org. It takes less than two minutes to make sure that you are on the list. Because the game, if the game is on, the game is on, and they are playing for the long play, they're playing for keeps. We can't get frustrated, and we cannot turn our back on them because a million people removed. We need those votes.
Speaker 3: I bet we need I bet absolutely. It's going to be down Honest to God, it's going to be like they're hand counting them. It's the numbers I think are going to be tiny in those swing states played, you know, in all the states, you know all the areas that we need. So when you say vote, and if you don't vote, it's it's your foot. It's the truth, especially if you're one of the battleground states, because they're they're going to be close in the number I think, and some of them. Biden only won by ten thousand. That was the last time. It's going to be even closer. It's going to be by you know, the hair on your chinny chin chin And in my case, wait a minute, many chance see it?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute? Can you see the hair? Can you can you see my hairs?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And I know y'all like, oh yeah, say this every week, but we have to because we cannot get relaxed. We thought that he'll we thought that Hillary won. It was a shoe and it was not. You see how it turned out. So yeah, you got to you gotta do it, and he.
Speaker 3: Got and dieted this week. Did you see that he got he was he got reindicted, So we'll see how that goes. Jack Smith. He changed and tweaked the paperwork and the indictment to match up to what the Scotish requirements were and put it back in. So well, I don't know what's going to happen. We're certainly not going to see anything happen before election day. But he just wants them to be held accountable, whether he is, you know, deemed innocent once once you know, they look at the information, that's one thing, but he should at least be investigated and then brought to bear. So that's what's going on. That's what's good. He is, as I said, he's more nonsensical. He's just off some.
Speaker 1: You know, when Hillary Clinton came out at the DNC last week, they gave her such a resounding round applause. That was guilt. I think we have said that last week, but that was guilt. And I want y'all to know, y'all, y'all knew y'all messed up. Y'all When I say y'all, y'all who listened to they tell y'all who Hillary was or who Hillary was not, or whatever mistakes that she made in her past or whatever y'all knew. Y'all messed up, y'all put y'all put up, out of touch reality star, out of touch with reality reality star in the highest nation in the land. And he did just what he was supposed to do. He corrupted everything.
Speaker 3: Yep, he did. He was supposed to shake things up, and sweet Jesus, he certainly did shake things up, but not in a good way. You know, it's always nice to have somebody agitate a little bit, will be become too complacent, but not in this way. You know, there's more, there's more hate this more.
Speaker 1: Trump has never been a regular person. He has never been a regular person.
Speaker 3: And I don't think he can identify God. He didn't even speak to like his his nannies or his like nobody like he he I don't know if he actually knows the regular person. He's had a conversation. You know, everybody's sort of been been in his bubble. You know, if they don't have the money, they have the power.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would want to be in his bubble. They say he had gas in the courtroom, they'll think that I want to be in his bubbles. I don't want to get bubbly. I don't want to get bubbly up in his bubbles.
Speaker 3: No Dutch of them for you, Yeah no, but I wouldn't. I just don't think he doesn't have it. He doesn't have to be the man's man. So I'm really I'm surprised that people think that he's he's for the little guy. He the little guy to him is probably someone that only makes you know, one billion a year. But anyway, so he has been kind of, you know, a little bit off as Rocker. We are nothing new there. The assassion, assassination attempt is it's there. The committee that that it was looking into it. They have gone to Pennsylvania that will still they said, we're not going to know anything till the fall what actually happened. They're still investigating that. So he's got nothing new there. And I actually saw his ear I don't even see that. It didn't even have a scratch, God bless him. Maybe he did he maybe he did grow a big, a big earback.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's.
Speaker 3: Suck God bless him. But I don't even see, well, my god, I talk about things that I ought so RFK we know back we spoke about that last week on Friday. Now his daughter is coming out and saying that he kind of whales head off. This guy is he's cookie. So I don't know if that. I don't know if him endorsing Trump is gonna help or hurt, Like I don't know where I don't He didn't have a lot of votes to begin with, but we just talked about it that it's not gonna it's gonna come down to small numbers. So I don't know if they were Democrats that went with him that you know that Joe is too old or well who who knows so well?
Speaker 1: I think I think RFK juniors people will. I think that he only had five percent according to the Post is what they said, and seeing in MSNBC one of them, Yeah, I think that a lot of people just did not want to vote for Biden or Trump, and then they don't want to vote for Trump or Kamala Harris. So he was just to be able to say I actually voted, but I just it's a different way. But now that all his cheese is really starting to tell publicly that they slatting off the cracker, he might turn a lot. Either his voters will not vote or hopefully they will vote for somebody else, you know, either one of them. I'm not telling them which one. I would love to get them all the votes on the Democratic.
Speaker 3: Ticket, obviously, yeah, obviously.
Speaker 1: I just I still want them to vote because I'm glad of them. Might just throw the towel in and said, we're just not going to vote, which is what we don't want people to do, because we need you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we want you. We absolutely talking about she sliding off the cracker the debate. They were going to keep the so I'm a little surprised with Kamala. They were going to keep the rules that Biden had already put in place where everybody is muted unless you it's your turn to speak, and she doesn't want that. Kamala Harris wants wants him to be untapped so people can hear of these if he sounded nuts. So now I don't know if this is gonna to be his reason not to get involved in the end of the debate. Uh, you know, I I can go either way.
Speaker 1: Well, I keep telling y'all four minutes or more on an open microphone, and he can help himself. He cannot help himself. So that's that's probably a smart move.
Speaker 3: It probably, but I just kind of I don't know. I also want to hear what she has to say. I want to see if she's fact checking him. I want but I don't want him in the background whatever he does, stocking or being crazy or you know. I'd like to I'd like to actually hear what and I'd like to hear what he says. I'd like to hear him not answer.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I'm sure she's going to poke the bear. She's going to poke the uh dreamsicle bear. That's what.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, a dreamsicle. I haven't seen one of those since I was a little. Kodnays to sell them on the on the ice cream truck. Yeah, So we'll we'll see, We'll see what happens. I'll be interested to see if they actually show. Jd Vance was out hocking that they will not sign He does not believe that. I was gonna say, Biden, honest to god, Trump, it will sign off on three productive lights rights the federal bill. But we'll see. Even though I'm sure that he thinks that's the right thing to do. But I think he's losing. I think he's losing the females, you know. I think he's he's his numbers are waning in certain areas and he's trying to figure out how to how to pick them back up. I wouldn't necessarily believe what he's saying, though. I think he's saying anything to try to get the vote. But once he's in there, let's remember, people, you'll only have to vote for him once.
Speaker 1: I think the ropen dope of what the democratics have finally pulled the rug from up under him, twist him. Because when he thought he had it in a bag, he was the most confident person in the world. But now according to the polls and the media, and we don't know, we still got a vote, you know, they like he's slipping and he's losing. So it's not that he's lose, just that he's losing, which he hates to lose, according to everyone, and that he's losing to a woman, which he hates to lose. But he loses into a black woman, which is going to be a triple kick in the ass because not lose and then lose a woman and then lose to a black woman. Yeah, he might ooh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I think he is because a lot of the polls are coming out. I remember polls were only a snapshut in time, depending who it's taking them. But some of the numbers that are coming up as saying that are saying that Harris has a fifty five percent chance to beat him, and that might you know, he must be in a panic because President Biden only had a forty four percent chance, So that's going to be shaking him. And that Nicole Shanahan was was rfk's partner, the VP, and she's supporting the union between the two of them. She used an expression, and I don't know what it means. I'd love to hear someone explain it to me. She said that they both have a desire to form a coalition government. What in the world is a coalition government job?
Speaker 1: Because he needed a job.
Speaker 3: Because his wife just stopped her show. I kind of imagine that they don't have a boodle in the bank, you know, like that they he actually needs. I don't know, it seems it seems absolutely crazy to me by coalition.
Speaker 1: I'm like, having money and having something to do is two different things.
Speaker 3: Now, I guess you're right, but Kama was killing it with the fundraising. She's got five hundred and forty million since she launched Your Bed eighty two million at the date DNC alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did they talk about that at.
Speaker 3: The DNC at all? They did, they mention. I wouldn't think, but I thought that was. I thought that was. That's quite a bit of money and that's going to be shaking him.
Speaker 1: And speaking of the DNC, a lot of people who left the DNC, they're saying have tested positive of COVID. If you were there and I was there, just take you a test to go get a test if you have any kind of respiratory problems. I had my mask on when I was moving through, but I did not have my mask on. We won once we got to the box where we were. How many people in the boxtone maybe like eight or nine.
Speaker 3: They're pretty good. Sounds like you weren't on each other.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, it was plenty in a room. But it doesn't matter if you were in the building. You know. It's just that COVID is still very prevalent. They don't talk around as much on the news, but they saying that it's on the rise. And Bobby pushes packs Loavid all the time. They should give her a commercial. So if you guys, if you guys could take that, take that or whatever you need to do to protect yourselves in your family because they and they also pushing another vaccine.
Speaker 3: Good people, Yeah, but only for some. They're starting with the like the elderly, the elderly and the sickly. You know, they're not saying it's necessarily this one's appropriate for everybody. They don't need it because it's I'm not a scientist, so I don't know, like it's it's helping people that have that are missing and somethings, and a lot of us aren't missing certain something, you know, whatever it is, so we don't necessarily need it. So why put something in your body that you don't need? It sounds like sounds like my first marriage.
Speaker 1: That was a that was a total joke right there, y'all. I'm just gonna let it slide though. I'm just Bobby opened up the door. But I'm just gonna let that we rag because it was so dirty in my head. I don't even want to repeat it. Why put something in your body if you really don't need Oh that was the double antionomy. But we're gonna go into the next topic. Okay, let's go so.
Speaker 3: Big surprises in Florida. They're saying that it actually could almost become a swing state, that that Trump had a big, big lead over Biden down there, but now with hars that the the gap is narrowing, so that will kind of be Oh could you imagine, Santan.
Speaker 1: Why I f y I've been to Florida. They do a lot of swinging. Oh you made a swing state. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, that would be wonderful. That would be wonderful.
Speaker 3: That Yep, absolutely, we already talked about it.
Speaker 1: I told you, Bobby, I told you, and I told everybody out there on there and learning. Even white folks are sick of the chaos. We are sick of the chaotic living. Racism ain't going nowhere. But all this, this is this the vision. It's just it's nobody's being neighborly anymore. It's ugly. We don't live. That's not what America is. People still speak to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I don't, Yeah, I don't. I can't stand it. I never realized. I don't know if it always It's been ramped up since since Trump got into office, you know, or people just feel free to say it, or is he did he flip people or something. I just don't remember ever having this. I never was afraid to talk about politics. I never I never felt such division within my family. I never decided I wasn't going to go to a family or a friend event because of politics. But I do now I think of who's the guest list? So I don't know. The economy is back up, so Wall Street is kind of straightening out, so that's kind of like a positive yay. And the housing market, they said are has a little bit of improvement. Now, remember Kamala said that she was gonna give a twenty five I don't know how she's going to do it. I want to hear that part, but she was going to give twenty five thousand new homeowners. But there's a recent report said that there was a dire situation for owners and renters, and things are sort of with the inflation going down. It's almost down to two percent, which is where they like to see it. That things are looking good. We're going to get out that, they believe in the month of September, we're going to have an interest rate drop, which yay, because I have to buy a car, so I'm looking for a drop.
Speaker 1: Yes, sing, and I got too much over here, drop and I need everything to sit up.
Speaker 3: I mean to do a handstand and Bobby.
Speaker 1: I would like to see that, because as a single parent, and I go to the grocery store often food is I see the price ridiculous. I see the price and I see it. I'm like, oh my god, wasn't this just a couple of years ago. Four books? Now it's seven books? You know, and I know you like, it's only three more dollars. But if it's three dollars as everything that you pay, that's expensive.
Speaker 3: I would say when I do a full order for my house, I would say, it's up at least thirty to forty dollars from what I paid. And I understood it. I didn't like it during during COVID, but I understood it because there were supply chain issues getting the food to you, getting guys to unloaded. So when you only have two rolls of toilet paper, I'm going to use that because that's all we ever talked about the whole COVID. I understood that were more valuable, but there are no issues anymore. All that stuff is resolved, so the price should reflect maybe a slight increase, just like everybody gets a slight increase with their wages every year. I understand that, but not not the exactly like you said, not on almost double price and it's stayed there. You know, there is some price gougeon.
Speaker 1: I think, I think I think they think they're trying to make the money back from twenty twenty one. You're not gonna get that money back from twenty twenty money is gone.
Speaker 3: Gave you money, yeah, and the government gave you money. There were all sorts of programs during that time. So now you're trying to double dips. So that that's not I don't think that's that's so swell. Let's let's go to my least favorite subjects, the judicial system. So a federal judge in Texas paused Biden's immigration policy. Remember he was putting something out. See, this is why you don't do the executive ward because they just grab you. You can do as many executive orders as you want, but you know, all of a sudden, they start suing you. He's put a pause on the protections given to spouses of citizens. You know, like like, we'll say a spouse as a Mexican, but the wife has she's either a naturalized citizen or a citizen, and they're not giving those protections anymore. So it wasn't just the federal judges. Texas did it, but it was led by several GOP states. So that's on pause. The other thing that's on pause that brings a huge tear to my eye is Scotis actually did not back or did not help the SAVE program, which was President Biden's student loan repayment plan. And we know he's been working on that since the minute that he stepped into office. That was one of his initiatives that he really wanted to do, just like President Obama did Obamacare. That this was what he wanted to be one of his claim to fans. And they they they're not going to they're not going to take the block off.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, and they shut that down. Scotis, ladies and gentlemen, is the Supreme Court of the United States. But yeah, they just they really are just really trying to I don't like the way they're trying to tarnish Joe's position as being the president of the United States. But keep pushing Joe and keep fighting. And I know a lot of people Bobby included, who really had taken advantage of y'all being nicer with these student loans because that program I did that that at Elbow been tot Elbow. What was it called? I did for misclarity, but I think it was called it was an organization that helps women.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember you saying, hey pay their taxes on their student loans because sometimes the interest becomes more than the actual loan.
Speaker 3: And that's the ones he was helping. So some people are really so oh my god. There was one one, I don't know if it was a senator or a congressman that came out and said, well, you know, the people don't want this. They want to pay their own way anyway. Not when you have a loan that started up we'll say twenty thousand, and now fifteen years later it's thirty two thousand, that's not No. People are looking for a little help, or the schools that scammed, or you're you're a civil employee that that could be helped. These are all things that were nurses and teachers. There are also the positions that you know, they require big degrees, which costs big money. But they're not going to make big money and ps we need them. We need those positions fuilled. So we'll see what happens at the end of that. If he gets anything, anything completed, I mean, he's doing his job. I say, just keep right right right writing them the executive orders. Oh you know what's started. We talked about this earlier today, the Paraalympic Games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I love that. I love that they are and now they are being there being shown worldwide. You know they there was a time that there was a time that it wasn't They had to grow, which is why you know y'all handed me my aid. That's when I talked about creating a lane for trans athletes. But this just goes to show you that were hard work and with time and patience and perseverance. Now it is. It was not televiassed, nobody really paid attention. Now it's about to be worldwide. This is what we could do for the trans Olympics if they ever created. It might start as small, but it'll get be. You start when you started with your husband, he started small, you made a get big.
Speaker 3: I don't have to say that was true. I have to say that was true. Yeah, no, I agree. I think it's great. I think of you know, Schreiber back in the sixties starting it in her backyard, I mean in her own pool, you know, with like twenty people, twenty eight volunteers and so many kids like and all of a sudden, looking at now worldwide, there's millions and millions and millions of people. But you are right, So what I think in today's society, and not just with this, with everything, especially the kids, they want everything immediately. We all want everything where you know, we're like in an instant McDonald's kind of culture. So, but you're right, if there, if somebody puts it together. And I'm going to say it again, I've said it before or on this and I've said it to you and personal conversations, I think the perfect person who holds exactly your opinions on all of this is Caitlyn Jenner. And I do not know why she doesn't pick up the ball and run, because what a legacy that would be for her if she got this started. She is an Olympian herself, she would know exactly what the infrastructure, or at least know the people to tap into to put the infrastructure in place and to try to get it going. And you could even start out with just the United States, you know, each state represent instead of each country. And then if it catches on here and people hear about it, I'm sure that other countries would kind of want to tap in. I think it's a great issue.
Speaker 1: You say you think she should pick up the ball. I think she's trying to get rid of her balls anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she cut those off.
Speaker 1: The don't and we don't completely agree with everything because sometimes she goes a little too extreme with that Republican bullshit that she pushes.
Speaker 3: Oh, just on this that it would be nice if they had their own that's all.
Speaker 1: But she would be a good representative because she has that experience. But I don't know, Bibby, she seems a little too radical right now. I don't know what Kaitlin is looking for. But I agree with you. We do need somebody needs to be the spear head behind that and really push that because it's time, it's pastime.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, Chill, I agree Youill so Yeah, Paralympics. Good luck to all of the athletes. Oh something that they probably don't have to worry about in France is what's now virus. Doctor Fauci had it. We have here. We had a town here in Massachusetts because of triple LEI that is actually asking for a a curfew, you know, a voluntary curfew because the mosquitoes are so bad, you know, and of course we don't talk about. You know, there's no global warming. It's too warm. You have to have thirty days of below freezing temperatures to kill off the the mosquitoes. We don't have that. We have a few here and there now. But that was I'm like, oh my god, I didn't think half of these diseases even happened any longer.
Speaker 1: Put on the voting it's a voting year. We talked about this last earlier in the year. Every time it's a voting year, either a new disease comes out or old when some kind of way manages to find its way out again, something that we thought that we had gotten rid of and took vain vaccines for it just happened. Statistically, if you look at that, every time that it is a voting year, some kind of disease comes out. Why. I don't know. I think it's meant to deter people from going to the Poles. Honestly, well, they can keep.
Speaker 3: It over there. We went with a global warming. We had a in the past week we've had Alaska had a landslide, the Grand Canyons flooded, and then Iceland an ice cave collapsed because of the warmth. It had an American tourist inside. I mean, talk about scary, but there's no global warming. Climate isn't a big deal. We're not going to talk about climate. You know what I saw that I thought was really interesting because we talk about needing immigration reform and prison reform and police reform. I I caught an article while I was researching topics today about an Ohio prison that I thought it was worth talking about. And they're doing fine dining. So they had fifty or sixty citizens from the outside come. The prisoners grew the food. They had a chef that was on site that taught them how to cook, and they served the food to the people. Isn't that interesting? They could have learned skills.
Speaker 1: We all need to learn how to guard. But yeah, that is a good one, Bobby, And they could save money. But here's the thing that's.
Speaker 3: Good food instead of swill.
Speaker 1: I'd like to know how much those prisoners get paid, because the amount of money that you make in prisons is beyond slave labor.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they didn't make much. I mean, you're paying you for your room and board, probably, but it got you out of your out of your cell. You learn some skills. You got to eat something that's that's delicious and make something it's you know, it's I don't know. I think it's sort of it's sort of positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, it is positive.
Speaker 3: I thought, oh, and I'd love to they said they had. It was the people were thrilled, like it was. Everybody the prison was happy. The people who came in the neighbors of the prison were happy. So I thought, oh, I wish that's the type of reform. Those are the kind of feel good, happy stories that we need. And I hope they made a few dollars. But if they have.
Speaker 1: To, and I see the big picture in that, Bobby, because you're right, they done. They could go work on the arm when they get that, or they could decide to you know, become a chef or work exactly. So I see the big and I think that if you have something to do positive in your life, whatever job, it is or whatever you have to look forward to that that makes you happy or enjoyable. You live longer, and you live happier you do.
Speaker 3: And you know what did your grandmother always say? Idle hands the you know, the devil's workshop. But it's the truth. So if you're doing something positive and you have something on the outside and a new group of friends maybe to hang with. I don't know, I don't know how all that works. I live in a bubble myself, but it's not a Dutch chop them. I don't have gas.
Speaker 1: Just say it, yes, ladies, and then I'm telling you it is. We're not doing a long show today because it's thirty. We want to get a show out and it just has not been an overwhelmingly blowout in politics this week. But hold your horses. Each and every week it changes, and I'm sure something is coming down the pipe now for next week. But what we want you guys to know is that we appreciate you. Please continue to send your ideas and send your stories and topics to add laugh Aline podcast page, because Bobby gets it. She will decipher it and pick and choose what she wants to bring to the show. And we discuss it, because this is a learning page and we don't just teach you guys, we learn from you all. Because here at laugh Aline, the motto has not changed and will not change that. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind.
Speaker 3: Because why Bobby, Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste in a vote. And can we give a shout out in prayers to Mariah Carey for losing the mom and the guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, how ironic was that about? So when I heard the story, I thought that maybe they were in a car accident or something because they were together. But they just happened to both die on the same day.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? I think, because they haven't told us why or how, but they Her comment was something like she was so lucky to be able to be with her mom, you know, during these days. So I'm guessing the mother was sick. I'm guessing, and you know, we'll hear the mother was eighty seven, so you know, Julliard trained opera singer. So can you imagine that that voice that's going away?
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anything about other than she was estranged from her sister Allison. So I know nothing about that, so I feel terrible. I have no idea. God bless it's gott to be what a loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, praise to Mariah Carey and the family that he is said. I hope that my Nick Kenny show cod Game comes out soon. Speaking of mariak here because that's her excellent shoe come out. And we still haven't gotten a date, but I want you guys to know that I will be at Dre's Comedy Club September the twentieth through the twenty second, get your tickets. And I'm in Chicago at the City Winery November the twenty second and twenty third with Tiviney Habits. I got some other dates coming up and I'm hoping to have some very great news for you guys next week. Thank you guys for joining us here at laugh a Learn. Please download laugh a Learn on iHeart, under the Black Effect Network or Spotify, Apple, Amazon, wherever you listen to your podcast and where can we find you at.
Speaker 3: Bobby Clifford, Oh God, I'm on Facebook at Bobby Clifford and Clifford Bobby on Instagram and Bobby Clifford on TikTok. Not that I wouldn't even know what to do with a tech or a talk but down there if you need me.
Speaker 1: And I'm Flaming Moro on everything, and in the bathroom stall, I'm Monroe flying. Oh hey, now, thank you guys for doing us. We appreciate you, guys. We will see you guys here next week for Laughing learn might have a fantastic week. Vote blue, It'll save you peace. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn,