Speaker 1: It's topic times called eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody in cj Envy Charlamagne the Guide. We are the Breakfast Club now if you just join us. We're talking about an incident that we've seen happen at Costco. I guess a lady was body shamed because of the way that she looked in attire, and her coworkers might not have looked the same way.
Speaker 3: Right now, we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 2: We're just talking about our culture and the fact that you know, usually our women are more thicker black women, is.
Speaker 3: What you're saying.
Speaker 4: So is this a regular thing women go through that your body shape makes your tire look inappropriate? We got aj and Tam Bam from the We Talked Back podcasting.
Speaker 3: Hell, that's a question, Larry Lady.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, man, We've been going through that whole lives for real, in a real way. I think women of other ethnic cities get away with a lot more. I think Black women and girls are over sexualized from a very young age. So it is a real thing, and a lot of the disrespect come from other women now, So I deal I dealt with that in a corporate setting. You know, my clothes might look a little better on me, may not be inappropriate. But and this was coming from other women, though black women in particular, bigger black women.
Speaker 4: In this morning, I saw the sanitation workers losing their mind. They looking good girl early in the morning in New York. But that's just jealousy though, right the other women, the women they see you come into corporate workplace. You might have on the same dress that they have, on the same outfit that they have on, but because of your body shape, they probably just feel jealous or intimidated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: One of another producer of Iour said she used to deal with that in school. So I guess it was a uniform that she had to wear. And she said that, you know, when she was younger, she was a lot thinner up top and bigger on the bottom. And when she wore the uniform that the other girls and have a problem. But when teacher pulled it to the side, I was like, you can't wear that, and she was like, this is the uniform. I can't wear anything else where. They actually took her to the principal. She said, thank god, the principle was black and was like, no, this is her body.
Speaker 3: She can do it. And she was like the white teacher made a big fuss about it, like there's boys in there, this bois of that. But she was like, this is my body.
Speaker 4: White teacher ain't got no ass. That's just jealousy. The white teacher ain't got no hips. That's just jealousy.
Speaker 5: And her husban there on whatever the porn site ws.
Speaker 6: You know, women are made very conscious of their body from very young. I remember my mom would tell me a story when I was little and they were like, she's too big to be in a panther. Still, well, you need to take her out of paper.
Speaker 7: She's like that, ain't no pamp I.
Speaker 8: Don't know, no, maybe not.
Speaker 7: Maybe I just looked like I had one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know what you say.
Speaker 2: Wearing what you said, you was saying you were in a panther now, but but you're saying that it looked like you had a papa.
Speaker 6: Like I had a pamper on it was like bomb Square, We had a homeboy, like do y'all know Dre?
Speaker 3: What Dre?
Speaker 4: We used to call dra dirty diaper because I remember that I didn't used to call him that way, when when when you call him that, no I know used to call them that.
Speaker 3: Well, let's listen.
Speaker 4: I do feel like that when when someone says that to a woman, they're just acknowledging how they see them, so they're sexualizing, exactly objectifying them.
Speaker 3: Very young Ashley, good morning, good morning. How you feeling. You went through something?
Speaker 9: So I did it myself.
Speaker 10: My daughter did talk to us.
Speaker 3: What happened.
Speaker 9: So it was a graduation in middle school, and had on a fitted dress, you know, one of those stretchy but fitted dresses. Yep, and she's sicker and there was girls in there, mind you, with her hanging out their after their body open, their sea grew. But they made her all need to bring her sweater to put around her waist because her.
Speaker 3: But was m that's crazy.
Speaker 10: And she was so embarrassed that all these kids seeing her get escorted into the front door, and they literally made her stand there with escorts until I got there to sweater around her rest her waist.
Speaker 9: So that her bohop.
Speaker 5: That's got to be some form of discrimination, is this girl discriminations?
Speaker 7: Clapper? Discrimination?
Speaker 3: Clapper? Why clapper?
Speaker 7: Because you clapping around the school yard.
Speaker 3: The morning now you dealt with this too. Yes.
Speaker 11: Actually, since I was in like BEAUTI school, I guess we had so it would be like ship sea woman.
Speaker 9: Sure that you will go to.
Speaker 11: Six inches, you would say, but the white girls did didn't have him for you know everything that's black girl.
Speaker 10: Okay, it would be mostly black.
Speaker 12: It's going to be used to it at the time, but it's not.
Speaker 3: She said. You kind of get used to it or what it's not right, But she said it's not right.
Speaker 4: I mean as black people, you get used to all types of forms of discriminations.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this good morning?
Speaker 13: This is day the morning died?
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Now talk to you a manager, right, yes, I am all right. Now don't tell us what job. We don't want you get your you know, want you lose your job, but tell us what's going on.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so that body shaming is not supposed to be done since not by a manager. I mean, we have enough of employees other things that have to work about coming from first be seen. If that's their body, that's their body. I don't know if they manages the training classes, but she definitely has.
Speaker 11: The loss to Okay.
Speaker 4: I do wonder if the the or the costco employee said it was the manager of out body shaming.
Speaker 3: It probably was a woman another woman manager. Problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five, and we're talking about being body shame in the workplaces.
Speaker 3: This happened to you.
Speaker 4: I get body shamed here all the time, you know what I'm saying, just because I'm the thickest person up here. I get body shame from envy. I get body shame from Taylor because she's a hater, you know what I'm saying. And it's actually starting to get to me.
Speaker 7: Why are you dressed like that? Whoa skinny jeans on?
Speaker 3: That their work plate?
Speaker 7: It's a uniform all over the building.
Speaker 3: Damn, don't tell them that. Don't The problem is he thinks he's thick, right, but he's not thick. Rights his own thing. Taylor can't help it, because Taylor couldn't wait to come in here.
Speaker 2: Comes Are you jealous of Charlamagne's thickness?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: Let's be very clear that he started mentioning that because he's does of me.
Speaker 7: So why do you start think because of me?
Speaker 3: Why you want to do side by side comparisons all the time? And I don't be trying to test me.
Speaker 4: Like, let's drop down and get out eagle on right now, talking about you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: For what what's wrong with you?
Speaker 10: Curve?
Speaker 4: You do it?
Speaker 3: Though you do it? I had something? Does this happen to you? Let's talk about this the Breakfast Club. Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 1: Called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club, talk about it.
Speaker 10: I want everybody.
Speaker 2: It's d J n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about women being body shave eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Of course, we got some special guest hosts from the We Talk Bad podcast AJ and Tam Bam, and we were talking about the situations working at a place where other women might not have the same body as you, and you know they don't look as good as you, but because you got body and shapes and curves that you know, manages and sometimes the boss thinks that you is man.
Speaker 4: These women be hating okay, hey, they be seeing these black women come through and you know they'd be of a certain.
Speaker 3: Shape and statue and they just be hating.
Speaker 4: That's really what it boils down to.
Speaker 3: Let's se it. Let's go to the phone line. It's got a lot of people on the line. Hello, who's this good morning?
Speaker 14: This is Christina.
Speaker 2: Hey, Christina. Now this happened at your job the past fifteen years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, actually twice.
Speaker 12: I forgot when I went to join the army.
Speaker 13: You know, they have very strict standards, and I had to lose five pounds to be four an end. Wow, And I'm very hippie and I've been naturally like that, and then after I had kids it enhanced it. So the past fifteen years at my job, within the first five years they changed the dress code where we were legging and things like that.
Speaker 14: That shows off our shape.
Speaker 13: Anything I wear it, it's gonna be tight doing.
Speaker 15: Shop like mine.
Speaker 3: What did you wear around my hip?
Speaker 15: It's about fifty two inches around.
Speaker 8: My my butt?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 8: How tall?
Speaker 7: You're dragging a wagon by three?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm definitely not gonna like it.
Speaker 3: It was aught about working for a little.
Speaker 13: Mama.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, now, I'm sorry. Goodbye, you're harassing the victim.
Speaker 7: What is happening?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: Hello in the morning?
Speaker 2: About the clubs at the by Lauren good morning, Good morning. Has that happened to you, You know the fact that you probably got more curves of shape and it's been a problem for you at your work spot.
Speaker 15: Yes, I mean it's hard as a black woman having natural.
Speaker 12: Body part and it just being over sexualized like in.
Speaker 11: People's mind when it's not.
Speaker 15: If you all remember the home Depot all that was going around the internet.
Speaker 12: She wasn't even yeah, she wasn't aware enoughing anywhere in a but people were harrassing her.
Speaker 13: So it's hard for black women because we always being over sexual Yes, for no reason.
Speaker 9: We were natural hair.
Speaker 13: It used to be called nappy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So it's hard.
Speaker 13: Being a black woman, y'all.
Speaker 5: Remember the news reporter. I think her name is like Dmitria Dmetrio.
Speaker 7: Beautiful. It was all the white women.
Speaker 5: Calling and complaining, are putting messages online about her body shape, and she looked very good in her clothes.
Speaker 7: There was Mutria laughing.
Speaker 5: It's like a lord, oh b I l O R something like mut I know the Mutri.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this key? Kelly? Good on the hell are you? Kelly?
Speaker 12: I'm thirty two?
Speaker 3: Okay, Now you said this happened to you? Before Mama, Oh heck, yeah, what happened?
Speaker 14: So then in like a white dominant area, I wasn't sympastic in different types of sports, and I was literally like to take my side so.
Speaker 12: That they wouldn't bust out, you know, or be too.
Speaker 13: Big for my tights or whatever. Oh my was too big.
Speaker 15: And then like it was really hard and gymnastics, I would always getting fun up because all these girls persons me and I'm sitting here in a legal part and obviously I have the biggest figure and everyone just there.
Speaker 12: And he wasn't the thing back then?
Speaker 3: How do you take me? Are you to take me a thigh?
Speaker 14: I would take.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I would take that stick and then probably makes my parts smaller on me?
Speaker 3: What did your parents say? Did your parents know you had to do that?
Speaker 12: So my mom found out when I was around sixteen, and she told me like she's like, you know, self worth and you know everything was within outwards, but you know.
Speaker 13: As I got older, like having a body became a thing.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, thank you, I'm sure I had to deal with that, Mama, No, thank.
Speaker 1: You so much.
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys, whose auto morning?
Speaker 7: What I'm hearing?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 4: It boils down just the sexualizing and objectifying of of of black women, and you know, women at a thicker and just jealousy and envy of black women and women at a thickness because if I'm following the dress code with min your business right right.
Speaker 5: So we don't know if the Costco worker was white or black, though this is our experiences.
Speaker 7: She was black.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now, I've never seen anybody take their thighs to make it look smaller. But I know I've seen girls tape under their butt cheek.
Speaker 7: Can I say that under their butt cheek to give them.
Speaker 3: All took.
Speaker 7: Hold over?
Speaker 3: What does that do? Now?
Speaker 7: Like if you tape under your butt but.
Speaker 14: Work?
Speaker 7: Yeah, to give you that little pie?
Speaker 3: Don't you wanted to be smaller? Though? Is she trying to compress it now?
Speaker 1: The butt is cool?
Speaker 7: Yeah, everybody want to do this.
Speaker 5: Person at Costco is probably just having a problem with that manager in particular.
Speaker 7: She got a person.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she fine, I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Now, okay, So it just depends.
Speaker 5: So you know, and charlest and they have the port. So a lot of times they complain about women wearing because women are now working out there, they complain about them wearing.
Speaker 3: Leggings to work.
Speaker 5: I feel like you should wear cargo pants. You should wear like a thicker material if you and in an.
Speaker 7: Environment like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but leggings amongst mostly men out that we have to consider those things as women.
Speaker 6: Men have to consider those things. Why do women have to change their attire? Like the men need to change their mindset?
Speaker 7: Like focus on your not very support it's important.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. But what if it's hard for them to focus.
Speaker 7: Well, then they need to change their focus. That's not that's not the ladies fault. Put on your legs. It's one hundred and ten degrees out there.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, ain't no man complaining wash them.
Speaker 8: But washing.
Speaker 3: That's why we call them wood pants.
Speaker 15: Boy, that's right.
Speaker 4: You wear them all day long and when you take them off wool.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, keep a lot when we come back. We got your room and report. We got to talk about Lizzo about eighteen minutes ago. Twenty minutes ago, Lizzo actually left the statement. We'll get that statement. Read that statement to you guys. So don't know if it's the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Good morning,