Speaker 1: All right, I know the comment section is going to light up after today's Awkward Tuesday phone call. Hey, yeah, you found the podcast. It's Brick and Jeffrey with a second date update. But today, of course, it is Tuesday, which means you get a special awkward Tuesday and it is brand new. After you hear this, I believed him. I don't know. I don't I should, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: You don't, I don'kay it is so let us know. You'll understand by the end of U I'm trying to read all your comments and I'm dying to know what you think.
Speaker 2: I'm dying.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of drama on the text war, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: So hey, thanks so much for being here, Like subscribe, share with your friends or your enemies. I don't really care. Yeah, and enjoy the brand new awkward Tuesday phone call right now.
Speaker 4: It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Local dating apps are great if you've always dreamed of matching with a self described entrepreneur who sells knives out of his mom's mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but think of how good your kitchen's going to be stocked.
Speaker 4: Oh, pretty sexy but Alexis will tell you the real magic happens on those international dating apps where you can get ghosted by dudes in four different time zones all at once. Plus if things go horribly wrong, they're already five thousand miles away from you. Heay, so easy too. Unfortunately, though, an international dating app has caused problems for one of our listeners, which is why Audrey has reached out to us for help today. Audrey, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi guys.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, Audrey.
Speaker 4: You sound awfully perky for somebody who's having problems with the international dating apps.
Speaker 5: You know what, I am meeting people that I have been listening to for so long. I can't help it be excited about that.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you met the people on the dating apps. I'm like, how are you hearing them forevers?
Speaker 4: Okay, you're just excited to be on the show with us, that's we're excited.
Speaker 1: Can we ask which country or can we get let's not get way too many countries.
Speaker 4: Al Maybe we'll just start with tell us why you've emailed the show for help, because international dating apps is kind of a vague category.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I've got a friend she's always traveling right, and he was I literally don't even know where she was for this trip. She's in five different countries in five differrent week.
Speaker 1: Does everyone have a friend like that that you're just so jealous of at all times? I'm like, how do you have the funds? And how are you making this happen?
Speaker 4: You just can't be afraid of endless debt, Brooke.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Just lose that fear.
Speaker 4: You can travel wherever you want, how you want. Okay, So this is this friend of yours likes to travel abroad a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she's got this international dating app. Like, obviously I don't use it. I never travel, Okay, Okay, she's on this app and here's the thing. So she's swiping and she comes across the guy that we know because he's dating one of our other friends.
Speaker 6: Whoa wait him, Wait is she out of the country when she comes across this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while he was traveling. His profile came up to match with her on an international dating app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, why it's international app. They all update your location. Yeah, but it's like a special app.
Speaker 5: I guess I don't know. I forget what she called it. She just sent me the screenshot of our friend's new guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the important part is he is somehow in another country trying to pull some hotail, and he's got a girlfriend.
Speaker 6: And this is the dumbest excuse, but like sometimes tender doesn't refresh, Like I'll open it in another city and it still has the last city.
Speaker 2: I was in.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it even matters, Like he's still on a day app.
Speaker 5: It's still a red flag.
Speaker 4: What's going through your mind when when you hear this when you see his profile?
Speaker 5: I mean literally exactly what you said, like big red flag and we're like, okay, is disgusting, old profile. What's going on? But this one's got the It shows you how recently you were active, right, It's like within the week he's.
Speaker 6: So many outs cost.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting because what if he set his location for another country just so that he could DM with I mean, like because he's not there obviously, right, like he's in your city.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't know, And honestly, like we haven't talked to her. We haven't, like we just don't know. We haven't asked because I hope we're wrong. I hope that there is something in this situation we don't understand. So my vote was like, let's talk to him, Let's confront him and see what is happening before we like blow up our other friend's life.
Speaker 1: But what is he gonna do? Won't he just lie to you?
Speaker 5: I don't know, calling guys.
Speaker 1: I's if he's on a dating app with a girlfriend and he's not telling the girlfriend that he's already lying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what if he doesn't even know that that act exists? Like, there's hundreds of acts. There's hundreds of dating profiles with my face and my information on them to be created by other people.
Speaker 1: I imagine girls using gest Sure they're very successful.
Speaker 4: I don't know the numbers, but I think it's in like the four or five digits.
Speaker 6: Wow, with the matches, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: Just four, I'm blowballing that.
Speaker 4: So it could be possible, Audrey, that maybe his picture was stolen to use as a catfish on one of these dating apps.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, I hope so. But like, this is why I wanted to call you, guys, because I've kind of been nominated by traveling friends to talk to him, but I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a good friend move to not like make a huge like blow up everything before you do know for sure with him. I mean hopefully it'll be obvious if he's lying, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know how it works, Audrey. We asked my co host here to give you a little bit of advice and then we will let you call your friend's boyfriend for you. What what's his name, by the way, THEO?
Speaker 1: THEO?
Speaker 4: THEO?
Speaker 1: How well do you know? Oh, THEO? We don't know that part.
Speaker 5: I've met him a couple times, Like we've all gone out to dinner a few times together, so like not super well, but like we're familiar.
Speaker 4: It'll be interesting to hear how THEO reacts the first time that you bring it up to him, Like if he's totally shocked and has no idea that the app even exists, or if there's some recognition in his voice and he knows what's going on, that'll tell us a lot, like I'm caught like he wanted to.
Speaker 1: If he's bad at cheating, he'll immediately go, I don't know what you're talking about. That wasn't me.
Speaker 4: Or is he being honest in that moment? No, does your husband Michael do that? A lot when you bring up cheating allegations.
Speaker 1: All of his international dating sites.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, don't talk about Luisa like that, bru.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's find that.
Speaker 4: We'll see what THEO has to say after we give you our advice and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to your friend's boyfriend figure out why his profile is up on an international dating gap. We're gonna do it with your awkward twoes phone call right after this. Hold on, it's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us for the awkward Tuesday phone call. We're on the phone with a young woman named Audrey who's been nominated by her friend group to do this because one of them came across a guy on an international dating app, a guy that they're already very familiar with. Yeah, because he's seriously dating one of the other girls in their group. Ah, that is not good. And Audrey decided before they show the dating profile to the girlfriend, they wanted to go through us and contact THEO first to see if maybe, hopefully there's some reasonable explanation for it, or perhaps he was just being catfished having his picture use as a.
Speaker 1: Catfish, right, that's the best case scenario.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, No matter what though, it's important that we handled this the right way. That's why we've got the experts ready with some top notch equality advice. Do you have for Audrey here?
Speaker 1: That's right. Here's the thing, Audrey. You need to talk as little as possible in this conversation.
Speaker 5: M Oh okay.
Speaker 1: It's one of those like give a man a rope, you know that analogy. Well, but no, he'll hang himself. The more he talks, he's gonna admit more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think you go in, Audrey and you try to be on his side from the very beginning, and you say, listen, I don't know what your girlfriend's name is, but Mary or whoever found your dating profile on an international dating site, Like, oh my god, I know you'd never do that. What are we gonna do? And just let him talk, okay you know what I mean, because you're gonna be able to tell if he's talking in circles, if he's freaking.
Speaker 4: Out, and then ask him if he needs a rope, and see what he says. Be really quiet, and just let him walk into.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his own break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's one piece of advice, Jose, what do you think to get him to come clean?
Speaker 6: You just need to say, Look, if you admit to me right now exactly what you and I both know is happening. I won't tell her, which is a lie, of course, because you're gonna send her the podcast anyways after this.
Speaker 1: Or she will find out.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Brooks advice is to let him do it himself. Jose's advice is to press her and then promise that you won't say anything.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess I could do Brooks advice first, and then if that doesn't seem to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, perfect, Okay. We got a plan A and then a plan B right afterwards. Alexis is fully on board with I have a.
Speaker 1: Great plancy, but we don't have time. Sorry.
Speaker 4: Maybe if we need plan see, Alexis will jump in in the middle of the column, give her to you.
Speaker 1: Plancy is always just don't confront anything.
Speaker 6: Hang out.
Speaker 5: Honestly, that's normally my plan A all the time. I'm never confronted anyone.
Speaker 4: Well, the good news is we're here to support you. If you need any help. I'm sure you got it, though, I'm gonna dial Theo's number, he has to say, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey Leo, Hey, this is Audrey, Jessica's friend.
Speaker 2: What what? Why why are you calling me?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So, like, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm fine? Do I help you with something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I know this is like show out of the blue. I just I've got a weird question for you. Okay, Uh, have you, like ever been on a like in dating app internationally, like an international dating app?
Speaker 2: Like, have I been to France and used a dating app? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Actually? Yeah, exactly why are you.
Speaker 2: Asking me that? That's a really weird question.
Speaker 5: So basically, our friend was traveling and she saw a profile on her international dating app and it was you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's not possible. I don't have any dating apps.
Speaker 5: I saw a screenshot of it, and a lot of the stuff in the bio kind of seemed like you like hobbies that you've talked about.
Speaker 2: I mean, people could fake that stuff. My hobbies aren't that unique. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 5: I so hear you like, I'm on your side, but like all of our friends know about this profile, and we're gonna talk to Jessica if we're not convinced that this like isn't you you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't appreciate you threatening me that that's not cool.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, look, if you were in my shoes, wouldn't you do the same thing. Wouldn't you want to make sure that your friend isn't getting cheated on? Like that's all I'm doing here.
Speaker 2: I'd probably mind my own business, is what I do.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be so real with you. That response alone kind of told me you're doing something that you shouldn't be doing.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not so right.
Speaker 5: So like, you wouldn't mind if I show that to Jessica.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would mind, actually, but it's none of your business what's going on.
Speaker 5: But there's clearly something going on.
Speaker 2: I need you to just relax and be coo cool. You're going to ruin it if you talk to her, like, what.
Speaker 5: Am I ruining a relationship where she's getting cheated on?
Speaker 2: She's not getting cheated on. I'm using the app, Okay, I admit that, but I'm not using it to date people.
Speaker 5: You're using the app. I'm gonna tell Jessica what you're doing on that app.
Speaker 2: I want to propose to her an Italian.
Speaker 4: Hyth It makes total sense.
Speaker 1: To me, who are you dating? App to propose to your girlfriend in Italian down center?
Speaker 3: Resetta Stone?
Speaker 2: Who are you? Who are of these other people?
Speaker 4: Hey, Boniorno, You're on an international radio show called Burke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Audrey, what the hell is going on? Who are all these people?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure they introduced themselves.
Speaker 2: I got some help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like the back. Wait, Audrey, do you believe him that he's going to propose?
Speaker 5: And not for a second?
Speaker 4: Okay, we only we didn't hear what the plan was the yeah, like, if that's true. We're just trying to help Audrey out, because god.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to talk to some native Italian speakers about how to do it properly a.
Speaker 1: Female name and Italian speakers who are also very sec saf Okay.
Speaker 4: Let's not hate on this man's style of loving his girlfriend. Everybody does it differently. He wants to do a big romantic Italian proposal? Why that?
Speaker 1: Do you believe him?
Speaker 4: I'm just willing to hear him out before I crap on his idea.
Speaker 3: If if you were rolling with this, Look, my girlfriend did a semester in Italy and college. I wanted to get from like the source the most romantic, accurate way to propose an Italian I just wanted to know, Like, what's your dream way of being proposed to Italian women?
Speaker 4: Okay, and then they help you practice it the right way.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly right, and sends you.
Speaker 4: Picks of them too.
Speaker 2: They don't send me picks. They just have picks on their profile already.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I'm just trying.
Speaker 1: To figure out how I mean, you want to understand why it sounds like kind have a sketchy way to plan a proposal.
Speaker 2: Right, Like I didn't think anybody was gonna be in Italy looking up my profile frankly, Like I thought that that would be a lot more discreet than doing it like locally.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to Audrey Fils I take Spanish lessons on that they live in Spain.
Speaker 4: At this point, Audrey, you have all the information. What are you going to do with it?
Speaker 1: Or supposedly you have the information?
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, when are you going to propose to her? Like if it? Do you have a plan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a plan, but I'm not gonna say it on the radio.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, let's turn off the broadcast, real broadcast to switched off.
Speaker 1: That's just us. That's kind of fair, though, like, like, I feel kind of bad that we blew up as plan if that's actually true.
Speaker 5: If you don't propose to her in the next ooh months, I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Tell her who You're gonna sit with us for that long.
Speaker 5: I'm really skeptical, but that's the best way I can think of to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 4: Wowow okay, all right, so THEO that's it.
Speaker 2: It's official.
Speaker 4: You have two months to either propose to your girlfriend or I guess fly to Italy and live there permanently.
Speaker 2: I promise you she's not going to be disappointed with this. She's going to be happy. Just don't screw it up. Please.
Speaker 5: We need an update on this one, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to be tagged in proposal pictures off air, like I have.
Speaker 4: To know for me in my closure. Will you give us the Italian proposal when you come back and you're married.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll do that.
Speaker 4: Why didn't that sound confidence.
Speaker 5: I'll give you, guys an update. I'm going to call you for sure.
Speaker 1: Grazzi.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Grazzi text into seventy five nine too.
Speaker 1: If you believe them freaking Jeffrey in the morning,