Speaker 1: All right, here it is your brand new episode today. It's Brook and Jeffrey. Thanks for funding our Second Date podcast. We appreciate it. We got a self proclaimed love bomber one day, she's coming in hot, all right, every day that they admit it. Yeah, we're gonna get to that beforest comments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this almost cute, Jenny said, O MG, did you guys really encourage to do a shout out for your band? I've been listening obsessively from the Netherlands for about a year now, and you guys have inspired a song I've written about dating or basically the fact that I've given up on dating at this point. Oh well, it's called love is such a big word by Jenny Janine. It's on Spotify and it'd be a dream to know what you guys think, and I'll dent it to you guys on our next show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go listen.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 4: Even better, I'm gonna fly to the Netherlands and tell you exactly how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll go to a concert. Yeah, he's just showing up at Jenny's house. Yeah, be careful of what you wish for, Jenny. Okay, let's get you a brand new episode right now. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 4: It's nice to have people who are self aware in the dating world.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, very few and far between.
Speaker 4: I think, at least with our listeners, and sometimes they know immediately when they made a mistake or if they crossed a boundary. They might even know their own love language, like mine personally is camouflaged inflatables. What I'm self aware?
Speaker 1: I don't think that's one of the six or seven. I took a different test than all this duff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who says you're limited to like the five ones that are written down in the book.
Speaker 1: Why does it creep me out now that you're wearing a chemo?
Speaker 4: But I only bring it up because one of our listeners emailed us. Her name's Paulina, and she admits that she is a self professed love bomber. Oh, the recent bombing was on full display during her first date the other night. I am very eager to learn about it. So, Paulina, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hello, Thank you for having me here.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm so curious to hear her level of love. Yeah, because there's like a really fine line between it being awesome that you're expressing yourself and then being way too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, okay, well we'll find out where you are on the spectrum of love bombing. But what's the guy's name?
Speaker 3: Okay? His name is Justin?
Speaker 1: Oh you even say it like you yeah, excited?
Speaker 4: I feel it? So tell us about Justin?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, we had a nice date. We meant for just like a simple meal.
Speaker 1: You know, just is this dinner? Is this lunch?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 5: It was lunch okay, yeah, casual?
Speaker 3: You know, so I know within.
Speaker 5: Thirty seconds of meeting a person how I feel I do.
Speaker 4: There's science behind that, though, there really is.
Speaker 1: But are your feelings right?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 4: Who's to say these feelings are right and wrong?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 4: She's feeling a feeling. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: It's just like thirty seconds is.
Speaker 5: Guys, don't get me wrong. Connecting with him online? You know. I wasn't expecting that, you know, I was like, whoa okay, so we started like going deep quickly?
Speaker 1: Wow, what does that look like for you? Like, what do you mean deep?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: I even said I can already picture our future dog. He's brown and his name is Microwave Microwave.
Speaker 3: Micro for sure.
Speaker 5: But he's a big dog, so it's ironic micro for a dog.
Speaker 1: It's better than picturing your future kids. Like that's at her statement for sure.
Speaker 4: What is Justin's reaction to that?
Speaker 5: He laughed. He laughed.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he thought.
Speaker 3: I was being serious, but I was.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's okay, okay, guys, this is how much we clicked, Like before we even ordered. He was facetiming with my mom.
Speaker 4: Whoa, oh yo, that is awesome. Yeah, good, goody good, very nice. Wait, how did that happen? Did your mom call you?
Speaker 5: I surprising with it. I dialed her under the table, under.
Speaker 1: The table, Oh.
Speaker 4: Girl, that's yeah, that's how I would want to me.
Speaker 1: Did she like him though, I mean she loved him.
Speaker 3: Oh, you loved him too.
Speaker 1: How long was the face time? Yeah, your mom and your Oh it.
Speaker 5: Was just a couple of minutes. It was just, you know, fun banter between me and him and mom, and it was.
Speaker 4: Like, what, okay, so so far we're ten minutes into the date you have planned getting a dog together. He's met your mom in a surprise video chat.
Speaker 1: Remember this is all mid day, Jeff.
Speaker 4: We're in the middle of the day. Yeah, a lunch date. I'm scared to ask what happens after ten minutes?
Speaker 1: Did you slow things down a little bit for the rest of the.
Speaker 5: Day, I mean slow things down And that's how I roll.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I gave him a little I gave him a little unique.
Speaker 4: Oh, you brought a gift with you.
Speaker 5: It's kind of a personal thing. I don't want to say what it was, but if you get him on the phone, he can say it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did he say when you handed it to him?
Speaker 5: He didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: Is I just got real big?
Speaker 1: Oh? I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe we should fast forward through the lunch.
Speaker 5: Okay, we had a great lunch.
Speaker 3: Is tasty?
Speaker 4: Okay? Good.
Speaker 5: We were just shooting back and forth. You know, we were already talking about the subjects of relationship, right because we're on a date. And I said, Hey, are you a lefty or alrighty when it comes to closets?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Well? You know, like how if.
Speaker 5: You're like, if you're moving together, like, are you going to share a closet? Can be fifty to fifty? Are they a LEFTI or a righty?
Speaker 4: Ah? These are the important questions. That do need to be asked on the first date? I do agree.
Speaker 1: Did he answer that question?
Speaker 5: He had no idea, he said, no one has ever asked me that.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: I said, let's go back to my place and look look at the closet.
Speaker 1: Wait did he go back? He went back.
Speaker 3: We went back to my house.
Speaker 4: It's not the usual invitation most guys get to go back to someone's place, but it worked.
Speaker 1: I thought he wouldn't be into it. But maybe we're reading this wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did he What did he think about the closet?
Speaker 5: You know, I showed him the closet and we were just you know, I was lashing and it was funny.
Speaker 3: And then he like he.
Speaker 5: Started having this like severe allergic reaction.
Speaker 6: Oh oh god, yeah, he said, He's like, I think I have to go And well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Did he show any signs of allergic reaction like puffy lip, rat or rat? He started looking just like agitated, like uncomfortable a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: I do use a specific could be a cleaner. I had just cleaned the house. Who knows.
Speaker 1: Did you send him a lot of follow up texts and calls to check on his well?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Of course followed up with him. Yeah, of course, Oh my god, IM sure he's okay?
Speaker 1: Did he answer?
Speaker 5: I'm okay?
Speaker 3: Very short though, very short.
Speaker 4: Okay. I think I've heard everything we need to hear. I don't think I could stand to hear another thing.
Speaker 1: So I think I'm allergic to the same thing asn't.
Speaker 4: Let's uh, let's come back. We'll ask Justin what's going on in his life, why he hasn't reached out to you, and what he was allergic to, and we come back. That's the number one thing. A gift, the gift, all of it. We'll figure it out with your second date update right after this.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date update.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us, we have a self professed love bomber on the show with us today.
Speaker 1: Hey, she knows who she is.
Speaker 4: Her name is Paulina, and she's not getting a callback from her possible soulmate Justin. Now, on the surface, you might think, oh well, no wonder. In the first few minutes, she brought up their future dog face timed her mother gave him a unique mystery gift that we don't even know what it is yet.
Speaker 1: She even named the dog microwave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so if justin answers. The main thing I'm curious about is probably that mystery gift. But the night did end back at her place with them went back there, yeah, trying to figure out which side of her closet his clothes would go on. So overall, pretty normal first date stuff until he said he was having an allergic reaction and had to leave immediately. Yeah, no symptoms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's only texted or two words since I'm okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, and he is alive, so that's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So how long has it been, Paulina since you were at the apartment together. I was going to guess like a week or so, but maybe closer to a couple hours or minutes since he left three days, all right.
Speaker 1: You know, you may hear, which I don't know if you've heard this before, that was maybe too much too soon. Are you opened to slowing down the relationship if.
Speaker 5: That's the case with him, I don't know. We've got to be ourselves.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, So maybe it's not a good match if that's how he felt.
Speaker 5: Okay, let maybe she's in the hospital.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why do you said there was so much hope? No? Oh, well, I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: Paulina kind of.
Speaker 4: Let's just dial his number. We'll see if we can get him on the horn and hopefully get all the answers that you've been searching for over the last seventy two hours. Okay, thank you, all right, we got this. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Justin?
Speaker 3: This is Justin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, sounds healthy.
Speaker 4: You're in good health. That's great. It's really positive for us to hear. Hey, we're a morning show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning on the radio.
Speaker 3: Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm really happy to be talking to you. I hear the story.
Speaker 4: We've heard a lot about you, Justin, and I don't know if we really want to know a whole lot more, but we do want to dive into your personal life just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is I'm sorry. This is just very awkward and weird.
Speaker 4: Perfect. It's designed to be a little bit awkward because this is called a second date update. We're hoping to get some answers on behalf of our listener, Paulina, who you went on a date with recently.
Speaker 3: Okays ago, so yeah, because she's a lot a.
Speaker 4: Lot okay, she she did mention some of the things that happened on the date, and who knows, maybe you have even more to add, but let's just start with this. How was facetiming with her mom?
Speaker 3: I would have to say very unexpected?
Speaker 4: Unexpected because she pulled her phone out from under the table and her mom was there.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then I was kind of put on the spot. But her mom is very nice, very sweet, so.
Speaker 4: You could probably tell pretty early on that she was super into you. Was that kind of a turn off or did you take it as more of a good sign or what.
Speaker 3: I mean? Honestly, I'll say it was kind of nice to have a girl be that excited about me that doesn't normally happen. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, had you ever gotten a present before on a first date?
Speaker 3: Ya? No, I can say I've never gotten a gift on a first date.
Speaker 4: Okay. We have been dying to know about this gift that she gave you because she wouldn't tell us what it is. She said it was kind of personal and unique and only you would be allowed to share it if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know about it being personal and unique, but it was a framed photo of myself.
Speaker 1: She gave you a frame photo of you just you, Oh, just.
Speaker 3: Me, and I knew the picture looked familiar. And then that's when I like put the clues together that it was my profile pick from my LinkedIn page.
Speaker 2: Oh and oh she took a professional headshot?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What was the Was there like a card or an attached meaning?
Speaker 3: Nope, just printed and framed it.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you meet her on LinkedIn? Why was she on your LinkedIn?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: We met. We just met on dating app. But she must have.
Speaker 4: You girls go to their linkedins?
Speaker 1: How else do you check if their job is legit?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So okay, Well I think we're understanding why you left so quickly after being over at her.
Speaker 1: Oh, we want to know you you got all of this, and then you still agreed to go to her apartment, Like, so at that point you were still open to Paulina and dating her. Am I right?
Speaker 3: I mean, if I'm going back to your place, I've got at least a curiosity about you.
Speaker 4: You know that's good.
Speaker 7: Well, you say you're curious about her, she's actually extremely curious about you, so curious that she's on the phone right now listening into this conversation.
Speaker 1: We're going to do it before we get theergic, before.
Speaker 4: We get to the twenty minute mark, that would be so let's let's just say, hey, Pauline is here.
Speaker 3: Hey, not even hire you, justin, Hello, Hey, what's going on? What's going on? Oh?
Speaker 4: Just so, have you hear your voice?
Speaker 5: You sound good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, feeling better?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, good good?
Speaker 4: What did you figure out what you were allergic to?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Be honest, justin I mean, okay, let me just say, okay, so parts of the date, we're very fun with you, and I didn't mind having a little more attention thrown my way. That made me feel great. But that's awesome. But the reason I'm not calling, if I'm being totally honest with you, is that when we were at your house looking at the closet, there were some men's clothes in there.
Speaker 1: What what maybe she just likes to wear men's clothes like it's right now.
Speaker 3: They were like men's clothes and it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Like what the deal was, Oh there's a deal.
Speaker 3: Well, just because your boyfriend is on a work vacation, that's uncomfortable for me.
Speaker 4: You, Paulina, you have a boyfriend.
Speaker 5: I mean okay, First of all, I dumped some yesterday. The relationship was only a month.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he moved in and put clothes in your closet just a month, Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Could move in. I was for into him and then not ended. And then I met Justin and it was like a million times stronger.
Speaker 3: Justine, you.
Speaker 1: Were on the dating apps when you were in a relationship, I thought you were like a love bomber, like a water one type of lady.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I am.
Speaker 4: What I'm hearing is that relationship is dead and done.
Speaker 1: It wasn't dead until yesterday, it sounds like.
Speaker 4: But now it is. Oh god, let's not focus on the past. She's free and single now.
Speaker 3: Justin, Well, I don't know, Well, how do I know that you wouldn't do the same thing to me?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's a.
Speaker 5: Fair question, Justin, you don't because that was unpredictable.
Speaker 1: It's not unpredictable to log into a dating app and then swipe right play a date.
Speaker 4: I can't think of a better time to ask you too, to go out on another date. Taste, it's unpredictable what anybody's gonna say. Yes, that doesn't surprise anyone, Paulina, you know I will.
Speaker 5: Toss Nathan's clothes outside as soon as I get off the phone and I'll wake him up.
Speaker 1: You're wake who up?
Speaker 5: Nathan. I'm going to kick him out right now.
Speaker 4: Your boyfriend is still in the house.
Speaker 1: He's your boyfriend. Then, Paulina just remembering now her mom still met him even though she shirty?
Speaker 4: Has it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nathan, Nathan never met my mother.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, stop talking about the boyfriend in your apartment right now? Ex boyfriend, how do you know that, Jeff, He's still there.
Speaker 4: And he can't hear any of this happening.
Speaker 5: So I'm dumb, Kim yesterday, he just needed a couple of days to get out.
Speaker 4: That's fair. That's nice of you to give him a roof over his while he figures out his new life. So now we're back to you, Justin. Would you like to see Paulina one more time?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna politely, I'm gonna politely thing.
Speaker 1: No, be polite about this, Okay, it's a no for now.
Speaker 3: For now. I think it's a no for the people future.
Speaker 4: So a week or two, Like, how long is the future?
Speaker 3: A lot longer than I think Paulina thinks?
Speaker 1: So okay, can you just make just a blanketed rule that if you have a man currently sleeping in your bed. You're not allowed to call our show for a second date with another man.
Speaker 5: That's actually a stupid rule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's have some fun on this show. Brooke a lot of people to call with other people in their beds. Let's get the show ratings bumped up for ones here give me a headache, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, five bucks says. Paulina calls us back in the next week for an awkward Tuesday with her ex Nathan, saying he won't leave her house.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, wait, she doesn't have another option. She's going to be back together with him, Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 4: Back together and then broken up and then back together multiple times.
Speaker 1: This when we can't be single.
Speaker 4: It did shot the entire room to find out our love bomber was bombing more than one target. So she's like a love carpet bomber in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it was all so much for me. Yeah, she was just a cheater, jeff I think is what we can call her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she's only dating these guys for like a couple of weeks. It's hard to say that you're even cheating at that point.
Speaker 1: How does she have so many options? Just moving in. Is the red all like that hard? Maybe that's her apartment's really nice? Yeah, that should be.
Speaker 4: Love Bombing is extremely effective. You should try it sometimes. I just don't see her as someone who's ever going to have a totally clean break from a guy. Ever.
Speaker 1: I see her as someone who's going to be back on the show. I think that first person is correct.
Speaker 4: That's good news for us. We need more content and if you want to hear more Second Date updates, you can follow us. Go on to your podcast platform, whichever one you do, Apple, Spotify, where you get yours. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.