Speaker 1: I got it, Shirley. This right here is something that most people do not want to hear. They don't want to hear this, and oh this this is this, but but but a lot have heard it. A lot have heard it. Divorce papers. Yeah, let that marinate.
Speaker 2: She's paper. Let's go, let's go get dog. This is divorced papers. Y Yi.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: Trying to reach a Jones. Please. My name is Attorney Guidry from the Mision Law firm. She available. How you doing, man? I'm actually trying to get some business.
Speaker 1: Rectified dealing with your divorce that took place, I guess over the last seven whole years, my correct?
Speaker 2: Correct? I got some foul up with your paperwork here.
Speaker 1: Now, you guys had some property that you own together, I believe in Avondale.
Speaker 2: Am I correct? Correct?
Speaker 1: I'm looking at your paperwork here, miss Okay. Now we're getting down to the property, and that seems to be where the problem is lies.
Speaker 2: This is an avan.
Speaker 1: You guys had some property and you sold it as you both went.
Speaker 2: And split your ways.
Speaker 1: Right, Looking at the paperwork that I have here, it seems like it was filled out incorrectly. I don't know how seven years has passed for this to come back and fall on my desk to be to get rectified. But whatever the dividends were that you guys took and shared that you're now looking as if you're owing mister Jones an additional eighteen thousand dollars what, ma'am, I don't know. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I wanted to bring this information to you and see how we can get it rectified. I'm not looking for you to have that much money available at today, but I do know as a as an attorney for mister Jones, I must say that we're trying to get it taken care of as.
Speaker 2: Soon as possible.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, wait, how do I owe him eighteen.
Speaker 2: Outs every Well? The paperwork here, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Seems to be Ye, what the paperwork say?
Speaker 1: It wasn't supposed to be fifty percent fifty percent between you and what you all? It should have been seventy five twenty five and he being seventy five percent of the property owed to him and twenty five percent.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't know how what don't you know? Louisa is a community practice, and how could he get seventy five percent and I get twenty five.
Speaker 1: Uh from my understanding that he paid most of the bills when you guys were living together.
Speaker 3: And I don't have anything to do with that. No, he didn't paid most of the You know, I work and contribute.
Speaker 1: To right, and I understand that. But if I understand from what I have here on the paperwork, and I understand that you'd had some contribution to it, but it just seems like you did not contribute as much.
Speaker 2: As he did.
Speaker 3: And yes, and did I never heard like this.
Speaker 1: I do apologize, man, But what I do need you to do is is definitely not use that type of language while I'm on the phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, look, I don't really have to talk to you because I know I don't know. I don't own no Jones, no eighteen thousand, And he didn't overpay me because it was communitive profit. I had two children for him. I left with none yet everything and there's no weight I'm gonna pay him no eighteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Man. I hate to get a little inbrupt with you, but you are going to pay this eighteen thousand dollars. Now, that's going to happen now if I if I have to garnish your check and do it, then that's the way it'll have to be done. But the money will be coming to mister kirk Jones in the summer of eighteen thousand.
Speaker 2: Call it back. Yeah, Look, don't you hang up on me again.
Speaker 1: Now, if I have to put a lien on your property or put a lien on your which one do you want?
Speaker 3: Look and talk to me life say, I talk to you anyway.
Speaker 2: I want to to talk.
Speaker 3: About because once I want to court that all out was over with.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pay eighteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's what you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't want to have to come to your house, ma'am to pick up this money, but I will.
Speaker 3: I'm not working. I want to know how to do I have to pay him eighteen thousand.
Speaker 1: See, you're not working. That's our problem from the start. That's why it wasn't fifty fifth. That's why it was seventy five twenty five, because you were not holding.
Speaker 3: The real I work all through the upstairs. That made twenty six years and I worked.
Speaker 2: Well what is your butt doing? Now?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Well, there we go. That seems to be the root of our problem, isn't it.
Speaker 3: No, that ain't a rule of no time, because I want to know how did Kirk could get eighteen percent and read that as a community property. He had his lawyer and I had my lawyer. He agreed to it, and that was death. So I don't know how I owe him eighteen thousand, ma'am.
Speaker 2: That's the way the problem was.
Speaker 1: Evidently you didn't read the paperwork that you signed when you and Kurt separated seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Now, if you.
Speaker 1: Didn't read your paperwork correctly, this is why it comes back to bite you in your butt.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's not. Because I had a lawyer and he had his lawyer. We agree with that. That was back and forward, and we agree with everything he signed up to and that was done.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you didn't have a lawyer that was worth it, who didn't read the bottom of the paperwork himself.
Speaker 3: And I had a lawyer. Thought I had a good lawyer that.
Speaker 2: And I understand that, ma'am.
Speaker 1: When that happens a lot of a lot of times, I can't believe that.
Speaker 3: And I've had two children struggle with him, and we got what we got by both of us worked and this he gonna come back and tell and oh no, I'm gonna fight this.
Speaker 1: When can we expect the payment starting to work on this eighteen thousand?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to get a date or something where I can start getting five hundred dollars from you per month or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, send five hundred a month. I haven't worked. I was working and when you want to sit. I don't think I should have to tell you all this because I need to get talked to me a lawyer, because I'm not a greet to anything. Because I don't think that it's not fair. I tell you give me a dad, not because I'm gonna have to get me a lawyer.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to keep my composent as an attorney, ma'am.
Speaker 3: How do you have to write? And I don't have no say?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Over there?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are? You?
Speaker 2: Have you remarried?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you realize if I don't get the money, then I don't get paid.
Speaker 1: Right listen, I'm going to be down in your area probably on Wednesday. Do you think you and I can get together and probably talk about this? Because I want to help you as much as I can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I don't think it's fair to me. When's the wed I'm not I could be there.
Speaker 1: Well, you think that maybe you and I can get together maybe and work something out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I know I'm not. I mean I cannot afford to pitch No. Eighteen hundred, you know, took the house from it for little or nothing.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what, I tell you what I'll do this.
Speaker 1: I won't I won't tell mister Jones anything but only on one condition.
Speaker 2: That's me and you being able to work this thing out behind closed doors.
Speaker 3: What you mean work it out?
Speaker 2: I mean work it out?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What do you think? I mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Tell me, well, maybe you know, like I'm dumb, some relations or something?
Speaker 3: Really well, would you want a relationship with me?
Speaker 2: Not relation that.
Speaker 1: Relationship, but just you know, maybe kind of kick it chick you way.
Speaker 3: I'm dumb. I don't know. I don't know nothing about life.
Speaker 2: I think you know a whole line about life.
Speaker 3: Dumb, But why is you messing with me?
Speaker 2: I just want to.
Speaker 1: See if we can maybe get together. I'll throw all his paperwork out and I'm like, no, it's not possible. But if you make me, you make me Wednesday, and I'll make this thing go away.
Speaker 3: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: I tell you what else. She ain't gonna believe what this is.
Speaker 1: Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your sister. Jane's you no good?
Speaker 2: I got Janis on the.
Speaker 1: Phone, I got I got her grand baby on the phone.
Speaker 2: You just got by the whole family, Jess.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna kick you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so kindly, appreciate you all taking a listen to tell me sprank come on this wonderful Friday.
Speaker 2: Thank you too kind, far too kind. And I'll be back Monday with more boy, Yes, yes i will. Valentine's Weekend. The Nephew is coming to town. It is Nayak West, Nayak, New York.
Speaker 1: The Nephew is coming Levity Live Baby, that's February thirteen, fourteen and fifteen. Tickets are on sale right now. Stupid is on the way and Stupid has found a way on how to do live live prank phone calls in the comedy club. The Nephew was doing, y'all better come see I got technology now, man, I'm cold with this thing. Come see, Come see watch me work. That's right, I can prank live. You give me the name. My boys called the number, and we're gonna hear it all over the club. Come watch the boy work. Yes, Nephew Tomy Levity Live Valentine's Weekend tickets on Seal.
Speaker 2: Right now, this is gonna be fun. You're listening hard Morning Show