Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George and no Alreay back with Jacob Cooper's. He speaks on lectures on wisdom and consciousness, offering meditation and mindfulness seminars to help people find purpose and overcome fears of life after death. As a clinical social worker, Reiki Master, certified hypnotherapist specializing in past life regression, Jacob uses his extensive personal and professional experience to empower one soul at a time. His latest work is called The Wisdom of Jacob's Ladder and Jacob, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey George, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: How are you, Ben.
Speaker 3: I've been wonderful.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just one day at a time, one moment at a time, and I hope you've been as well as you know as well too.
Speaker 2: Everything's going well. How did you get involved in this area?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, having in your death experience, you know, at a very young age, no really influence trajectory of my entire life. That put me on, you know, a very unique path. You know that that was the biggest influence. But I always say, you know, there's givers and takers in life, and a lot of people focus on what life is giving to them, and some people just understand that our life is really about what we give to other people and the impacts that we have. And that is certainly the family that I come from. That's also been installed in me too. That's a young age to be a giver.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that new death experience for a moment, Jacob, what.
Speaker 3: Happened to you September of nineteen ninety three at the time it was diagnosed with vertussis otherwise known as whipping cough. And I went to a playground with family friends of mine, and I tried to climb up onto a ladder onto a slide, and my body just began to suffocate. I was not able to breathe all and every part of my body just began to shut down, as if you go into your own basement and shut off every power breaker one unit at a time. And then slowly I recognized, well, my body's not working, so there's no point in me being there, As if you're being in a car and trying to rive up the engine and the engine's not working, so you have to kind of pop the hood, if you will. And I was able to become aware of my own body but also feel my own brain, and I was aware of all the different parts of my own brain. It was just fascinating. But due to deprivation of oxygen, my entire brain just shut down as if a plug was yanked from a wall. And I just felt this large crack within my own brain. And once my brain cracked open, as the saying goes, that's when God in the spirit realm on the other side, just came forward. And I just went on an incredible journey to a place not outside myself with the deepest part of myself, and I encountered my own spiritual guides or guardian angels, which we all are assigned before we get here in this life, in the pre life planning phase. And I was aware of my own of my own soul family members. I was aware of angels. God is the term that we use that has a religious context to it, But to me, that was not a word that I could describe in words, but only the energy that all of life flows from and comes from in the endless apex of reality as we know it, That every thought, every action, everything revolving love flows from. And I was aware of my own past lives, what I did before I got in this life, and I was aware of what I would be doing my life's purpose in this life. So it was a fascinating panoramic viewpoint of myself, not only lifetime, other lifetimes. More importantly, the unique purpose that I had in this life, which was really to give a piece of the hereafter or the after life to the here now for people to really remember where they come from, where they're forever connected to, and who they really are.
Speaker 2: Jacob, how soon after the near death experience did you start developing an interest in past.
Speaker 3: Lives and past lives? Well, you know, it usually takes you know, because I was only three years old. So I want to preface that consciousness or who we are is not produced by our chronological age. It's filtered. We know experienced this through our chronological age. But just recently my father told me that I came up to him and after my near death experience, I said, Dad, remember when I was rushed, you know, by the ambulance and went to the hospital. Something happened that day. One day, it won't it will make sense to you, but right now, it will not, and so you've got the experienced. Research will tell you that it usually takes two to three decades to make sense in process and integrate experience. But I've always been fascinated by past lives, and as a kid, I wouldn't go around saying, oh, this is past life or stuff like that, which is kind of happened to me and flashing imagery. I'll be playing baseball and I'm getting these images of other lifetimes and other different the lives that I've lived. And at the time it was cool, but there was an intrusiveness to it. I just kind of wanted to live my own life, but all these things would come forward. It wasn't until I would say, probably my later teens early twenties that I went to just this intuitive that I saw on the side of the road and she was able to tap into exactly what I saw in my past life, and that gave me evidence I believe. Like my friend and I know you've had a Mark Anthony the Psychic Lace great guy, but he discusses how really this is about giving pieces of evidence, like kind of going into a courtroom, and it's not so much about belief. But you need tangible pieces of evidence, and so for me, that strengthened my belief, to a faith, to a clear knowing that this was all real.
Speaker 2: As you got older, Jacob, did it increase your spirituality with time?
Speaker 3: You know? It was? You know. I think a lot of people look at ner death experiences and they focus on the ephoric elements of it. A mess there, but for the experiencer themselves, you know, it comes with a double edged sword. And not every near death experiencer is the same. You know. Many of them have to really totally alter their world views and that can make life complicated for those around them, or maybe the jobs that they're in or the lives that they live. So the integration process, as beautiful as it is, you know, and when it metamorphosizes, it takes time. But for myself, I in order to survive, I almost had to just you know, push this away. It was always there to some degree, but to thrive I needed to make sense of it. I needed to understand really what this was, why I was given this? And I always say, if you know why why are you going through this? Why are you experiencing this? You could determine your how how will I make sense of this or what will I do with this? Or wise could determine their how and are whats.
Speaker 2: But we all don't need a near death experience to experience spirituality.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's a wonderful point, George. Otherwise we'd all be needed to have this. But you know what I you know, from being an experience for myself and somebody who counseled a lot of people with not just near death experiences but transformative experiences, you know you don't need to have a trauma to your body and go through an end to be spiritual. At our core. We are all just unique spiritual beings having human experiences. But you know, we had labels assigned to these things, like near death experiences or out of body experiences, whatever it is. But to me, these are all shake up periods. They just kind of rock your current comfort level or your consciousness, or you're the way that you're perceiving the world, and all of a sudden, there's like the ground you're standing on is a little bit shaken, and then all of a sudden you're able to look at life in a new way. And I see that with people who lose loved ones, for instance, or a grieving you know, they just have this trauma to them or this crisis happened to them, and that can put them on a quest and maybe look at their lives in a new way and so questioned what they were through or maybe explore, you know, things in a different way. So there's so many different shakeup period that one could have, you know, to get them back on the core. But you're right, at our core, this is all something inside of us and it doesn't require death to bring up the awareness of the eternal life.
Speaker 2: You mentioned grief for a moment. How does that fit into this, Jacob?
Speaker 3: It ties in a lot. You know, I work, like I said, you know, as a you know, psychotherapist, So I counsel a lot of my clients who are doing with grief. But with my seminars and with the work that I do, you know, I found that grief could be enhanced with a sense of belief.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You see, I think a lot of people, you know, grief is very much a human thing. It's an emotional thing. It's not necessarily a thing of the soul. The soul doesn't grief because the soul knows it's interconnectiveness, you know, to that loved one, you know, but it's an emotional, you know process. But I think for people when they're able to understand that their loved one isn't under the ground or isn't in a place of you know, eternal nothingness, they could have a new appreciation. So it's understanding that there is life after death. When people are able to have that, you know, that could allow them to find a life after their death, a life after their loved one's death a little bit easier knowing that their loved one is okay. That doesn't mean that from their angle that they can't still miss their loved one or go through their process, but having a sense of knowing that their loved one is still around them could enhance a gaily experience. So the term death just means an ending, and when you're able to have Nellie and understand or loved ones are continuing, you could also it's also helpful for people to develop a relationship their own ability to communicate with their loved ones and still have that continually evolving relationship. Except there's twenty four twenty four to seven hour access to our loved ones, maybe doesn't have them the physical.
Speaker 2: Jacob, where does reincarnation fit into this.
Speaker 3: Reincarnation you know, is closely tied to this, and then a bit we'll talk a little bit about past life regression too. But you know, I look at reincarnation it's almost kind of like the prior chapters of your book, and currently everyone's on their current page. But you know, it's it helps you understand yourself a little bit more. You know, I'm a sports guy, so I'll give an example. You know, a lot of people will talk about current NBA players, but they'll they won't know who you know, the time greats, you know, Bill Russell, Willis Reed, or the genesis of the game, Bob Coozy. There you go. And so when you're able to understand who came who or what came before, you could have a deeper understanding of the game of basketball, let's just say, or an understanding the development of the genesis of it. And I look at that from a soul level. For us to understand ourselves, we could be enhanced by understanding some of the other lifetimes that came before this this way, you know, as I say, messages are repeated and so those greater lessons are embraced. So I think it gives us clues to why we're here, what's our purpose, and what we've done before we got here, and how some of those other lifetimes have parallels to this lifetime, you know. So I think that will help people to really write a better chapter, to write a better page, you know, in this lifetime. Also of seeing themselves as eternal, when you're able to understand that we don't die, that we have other lifetimes we continue that could you know, I look at that is no different than hearing a near death experience, and there's evidence to it, you know, that we go in and out of lifetimes. If there's an eternal nature to your soul, no matter what we experience in other lifetimes. But it helps people to have a greater sense of self awareness. Now as a therapist, like I said before, I believe that there's a point of origin behind almost anything that we experience. And so for a lot of my clients that I see that are uncertain about why they're experiencing you know, let's say their phobias, or they're you know difficult that's family dynamics, or they want to know a little bit why they're here, you know, it could help them to really go into the point of origin that may be beyond this lifetime, you know, and that why, like I said, sure, you know, could determine their how how will I move forward? And what will I do? You know that will help them move the needle of their lives a little bit more effectively.
Speaker 2: Do you recommend, Jacob, that most people, if not all of us, do a past life regression.
Speaker 3: I think it could certainly be a benefit to almost anyone, you know. I kind of look at past life regression as just the higher mind that we all have. And some will call that the subconscious mind, the super conscious mind, but we all have a mind that's capable of connecting to a reality beyond, you know, just this life. We have memories storing that database beyond this. So to think anyone can benefit from it, the question is, is you know one's intentions? You know, I have people who come to me they're looking for just curiosity or entertainment, but some who benefit a lot. They've tried every modality, they've tried, go into their medical doctors, they've tried going to their therapists, and they're still stuck and they're trying to break through. And so I look at hypnosis, which passive progression really is it's a form of hypnotherapy. You're just really tapping in to your higher mind, you know, and going back to not only you know, earlier life, but for this life. And people who do that, you know, can benefit. But I think almost anyone can. The question is is that it's a readiness and an openness because hypnosis is not mind's control. It's mind liberating, you know. And I think a lot of media has a lot of just false representations of it that it's just in mind control. But in a sense, you know, it actually allows people, you know, to really break through in their minds, to tap into something beyond their fears, beyond their thoughts and awareness, you beyond this lifetime. And so I say it allows people to really connect to the you beyond you. And I think it could also help people's egos. And by ego, I mean it's this box that we develop in this lifetime and the sense of characteristics that we really attach ourselves to these lifetimes. Our age, our cars, our jobs, you know, all these things. And when you have passed that regression, you could really break that ego. You could recognize that all these things of this life are just an experience, but they're not the full totality of who we are. These things that we associated meaning to oftentimes are fleeting, and we recognize what is real and what is a temporary experience. But ultimately, people who have passed that regressions recognize that love ultimately last, and all these other things that we feel are so valuable, you know, really in the grand scheme of things, you know, not head important.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more