Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sinners Podcast with your host now fucked that with your loaw glasses Malone. So tell me how do you like the debate? Pete? Tell me how do you like the debate? Let's get right to the bullshit.
Speaker 2: Man, Allie, it didn't go how I thought it was gonna go. I thought it was gonna be more of an ambush, so I didn't really watch it, but the a lot of the excerpts that I've seen it, it was very uh, it was convalescent.
Speaker 3: I'll say that much. That's the law. That needs to be the slogan for twenty twenty four. Convict versus convalescent. That would go viral.
Speaker 1: That's actually sixty years between them two brothers. That that that's the fucking crime right there? Is that really the crime?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't let either one of the motherfuckers babysit my grandkids, let alone drive me somewhere.
Speaker 3: Would you let your grandkids babysit them? No? Cry?
Speaker 1: They are you need? I think, Yeah, you know what I'm starting to realize. Still told me there's a long time ago. This country is hell of prejudice towards older people.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: That's humanity, this reality.
Speaker 4: I mean, like maybe there is no country for old men.
Speaker 1: Bags. Okay, let me ask you this. You go into you go in for heart surgery, and your surgeon is is seventy eight years old. You feel good about that?
Speaker 4: He don't know because he might.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he's seventy eight, that means he probably did seventy of these motherfuckers last year. So this nie got the nuke the codes.
Speaker 2: It's it's like it changes what they say suddenly and then or gradually.
Speaker 3: Then suddenly it's like you go through as people get older.
Speaker 2: Sixty five, seventy Now it's like, oh you're an expert, you're a genius, and then like the next day you're incompetent train wreck. Like it's so, let me get this right.
Speaker 1: Jobs, would you prefer somebody thirty eight to do your heart surgery? About seventy eight? Thirty eight? Give me the man seventy eight. He didn't did this a thousand times. Don't get that? Yeah, a stroke, shit operating on your ass. Thirty eight. He just got out of medical school. He don't know shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's gonna be able to complete the surge.
Speaker 1: For man, Nobody thirty eight. Thirty eight did nothing great for humanity.
Speaker 4: See, I wouldn't even let it seventy eight year old do mow my lawn.
Speaker 1: I would not. That's different. I would let somebody thirty eight moved my line. But I would definitely take somebody in their seventies to do my heart surgery their experience and after wisdom. Okay, to properly be able.
Speaker 4: To perform a search for you have to have one steady ends exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the most important.
Speaker 4: Stuff like this, or have and be absent minded. You can forget some shit. I forget. I go to them all sometimes I'm not nowhere near no.
Speaker 1: Seventy eight, and I forget what pork mark cars.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you think I'm a trust a seventy eight year old man to do some shit for me. Something is that fraggile.
Speaker 3: And innovation favors the young. That's demonstrated.
Speaker 2: So a seventy eight year old might be an expert in nineteen seventies style surgery.
Speaker 3: For the thirty eight year old is going to be.
Speaker 2: The expert in the most cutting edge for your least invasive technology.
Speaker 1: Nobody's thirty eight. He's not an expert than anything in thirty eight. In the medical field, that's actually not true. Haven't been a nurse for thirty something years. You go to medical school. Let's see. Let's see you go to college eighteen if you want a fast if you want to attract to medical school, you're smart. So you're graduating four years as twenty two. If you go to med school, I don't know, that's another ten years another couple of you know, including a couple of years for interning and all of that. You not no goddamn expert. At thirty eight, you're not an expert, but at thirty eight you're pretty good at it.
Speaker 3: Let's look at Omar, right. Omar's about that age.
Speaker 2: He's in the middle of his residency at U Penn, which is the best training place for heart surgery in the world. He's doing ninety hours a week basically of that every week for six years. So when he's out at about thirty eight, because I think he's without thirty three now, he'll probably never be as honed in of an expert as that because he won't do that type of concentration of workload for that long a period of time with that type of equipment.
Speaker 3: Any day after that.
Speaker 1: I'm not having it. I'm not fucking with none of y'all talking about. I would rather somebody who I need my doctor to be somewhere between fifty and seventy. He had to have no experience to see enough ship to where he should be talking to me. If some motherfucker is thirty, I don't even think I want to hear motherfucker under thirty five rap no more. That's how bad he's gotten. What you hate, no old rappers.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 4: If that was the case, we wouldn't have no future. We wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: No, we don't have a future. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: We got a number of cats over thirty five is actually making some noise in hip hop, so shout out to the ogs is putting it down.
Speaker 1: Don't be aheaded g No, no, no, no, he's under thirty five. Under thirty is not thinking. That's why I know he's sleepy. He looks sleepy. And see that's the problem. Some motherfuckers grow up over fifty. They not even he liked Biden.
Speaker 3: Hendy's voting for Biden again.
Speaker 4: I'm not voting for fighting. You got me fucked up.
Speaker 1: You voted vote for Trump.
Speaker 4: I'm not voting for nobody. I might vote for the other guy.
Speaker 1: Who is somebody who knocking Yeah, Kennedy, that motherfucker Barey could talk. The problem with him is his manager is she said that she basically was a Trump supporter, like they got it on tape saying that ship. Listen, I think any real human being is probably a Trump supporter.
Speaker 4: You I like Donald Trump better than not do Biden. I like Donald Trump a lot more than I like Bien Action.
Speaker 1: You remember, you remember telling your ass about this, and I made.
Speaker 4: A mistake voting for Biden. I will say that.
Speaker 1: That you did. But what I'm saying jobs is what I prefer about Trump. And again I'm probably the worst. I'm not a political expert. I just like real people. And you know what I appreciate about Trump and office. You get the real version of motherfuckers. You don't get this version of motherfuckers that they acting like they is or they're putting on the show. This nigga spent their whole life line the niggas. That's every human being breathing. There ain't no motherfucking body walking around here telling the truth. Who listen all that shit, I'm not buying that, Like motherfuckers is the beacon of some kind of level truth. Motherfucker's been playing it like motherfuckers like suckers. They hold every politician matter of fact. He's the perfect person for the job, because that's what mother lying the whole time. Their job is to make you feel better about shit that they know they can't change. Trump ain't even gonna make you feel better. He's just gonna be like, yeah, well it's fucked up. Next thing. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Again, this is not a political reasoning. Like, if I voted primarily based off politics, it probably would be Trump. But I don't want to get into that. What I'm getting into if the president should represent the American people, I think Trump is a much better representation of where American people are currently, and Biden is the version of people. They would like to lie and be like. People be talking shit about Trump. They be like, man, Trump me on Twitter, and I'm like, nigga, how are you on Twitter?
Speaker 4: Well? The only thing about Trump is this, you have to know what you're getting yourself into because no one able to control him. That's what we always had an insurrection at the White House, you know, getting his ass out the last time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't care about white people tripping on white people. Since when did niggas ever care about that in life?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you that, g until the motherfucker's become a despot. Trump has all the makings of a motherfucking despot.
Speaker 2: You have that right now, Stele. What would he do try to prosecute and keep the other contenders from running?
Speaker 3: Would that be somebody that a despot would do like what they're doing now? What would that be?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What would the.
Speaker 4: Supreme h like styling? You know, one of them motherfuckers that get in absolute power, they really just lose their mind.
Speaker 2: So like making executive orders, getting overruled by the court and then making the order again. Is if the court doesn't exist and isn't the thing, that would be something that would be totalitarian.
Speaker 4: Yep, absolute power, that's it, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's what's happening right now.
Speaker 4: But to be honest with you, she said something to me about six months ago. He said that people have to be lived ultimately. And I say this to me being a Christian man, because I believe it to be a guy. So I put that out there first and foremost. But man would have found something to worship anyway. Man needs to.
Speaker 1: Be live, no siilings gl I got my brother Pete in the spot. I got my big brother Steel, and I brought one of my homeboys from a podcast based out of Detroit, Intellectual Petty. My boy Jobs Jobs is really dope, man, y'all, y'all really need to go check out Intellectually Petty Radios. Really good, great podcast. I brought him on and had this conversation, and I see it's going somewhere else, but I'm gonna let the conversation go where it so let me get this right. So you're saying you would prefer a doctor that thirty eight versus a doctor that's seventy eight, Yes, you motherfuckers is crazy.
Speaker 4: Why you want an old ass man at the wheel?
Speaker 1: I would prefer an older life. I would prefer an older person for me to do business with anybody. Now, if we cutting grass, thirty eight could work, he healthy, strong, young could cut the grass at thirty eight. Everything else, I need an older person who has experienced. I don't want no young motherfucker. I don't know shit about nothing well on this panel, in this particular segment, I think I would be considered the expert as I have been in the medical field for decades. Facts, Wait, no, let you tell I'm glad you brought that up. Jobs your profession in the medical field. Imagine a motherfucker trying to tell you something at thirty eight. You think motherfucker's in a at thirty something, thirty eight, no more than you. You know how much shit you haven't seen? Jobs? No, no, you are isolating the need of this doctor. What you know is extremely valuable, that's true. Not gonna you know, the seventy eight year old has got more experience. Yeah, but the actual being able to do the task of cutting on somebody's heart. Somebody's thirty eight has got the physical wherewithal to do that without a fear of fucking up as a result of being old.
Speaker 3: Are you old?
Speaker 1: Man? Like I'm fifty two and there's just certain shit that I can't do the same as I was able to do when I was twenty five.
Speaker 4: Try as young as big.
Speaker 1: Facts, I take my chances, which I don't even want a nigga twenty five drawing my blood, Oh my god, it's not that deep.
Speaker 4: Drawing blood young people, man.
Speaker 1: I have zero Still, I've lived my life at every level the way I'm supposed to. When I was young, I understood the benefits of being young, and I talk shit. As I get older, I understand the benefits of being older. So I talked shit. Wherever I'm at is the right place to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I can you know what, I can appreciate that, bro. But when you start talking about a man that's seventy eight years old, right, he starts to battle certain things, like, you know, like shaky hands, like small blanks in the memory. Now what if he happens to have one of those small blanks, one of those things. Well, I know you're supposed to go up under the A order or was that over the A order. I'm get some shit that's really basic and routinary to you. Seriously, as you get older, your cognitive functions start to decline a lot. Dog, it's not even close.
Speaker 1: I bet you get it right though.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm like, why take the chance on my heart? I wouldn't rather take that chance on my heart that you fuck up on me. And it's aty fifty roller the dice. I'm gonna go with the young man.
Speaker 3: Let's say.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight or seventy eight. I don't think you can even be a pilot of seventy eight.
Speaker 4: I want to hell. No, I don't want nobody saving here, nothing to get my life. The only thing to do seveny here can do for me is cook my hamburger.
Speaker 1: I don't want that one thing. I don't want him to do.
Speaker 4: No no life, no life renting and ship pilot.
Speaker 1: And anything technical, anything that requires experience. I want the person with more experience. Man, I don't want a seventy eight year old Uber driver. Go ahead, because they don't take no fucking ties to drive, no fucking card. You want you okay with a seventy eight year old Uber driver? Listen, No, but that don't take no skills to drive a fucking Uber.
Speaker 4: A seventy eight year old Uber driver is probably gonna talk you to death.
Speaker 3: They're gonna crash you to death.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go twos an hour on the freeway, they gonna get to I'm getting a fucking accident. Right again.
Speaker 4: They could only cook my hamburger.
Speaker 1: I don't listen. I don't want nobody under thirty five rapping to me. No more. I don't want nobody thirty five doing nothing that requires skill set or experience. Somebody thirty five could make me a hamburger. Yeah, that's cool. But once you once you get past hamburger and it started being skill level, even soulful. I don't want nobody in the thirty five making my soul food. You don't even got enough soul.
Speaker 4: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that.
Speaker 4: I will say this, there are some anomalies. My daughter, jazz Man, she would be twenty next month, and man, she cook just like my mama. Do I swear man, that looks.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't say if she would cook food nasty?
Speaker 4: No, yes I would because I'm a good cook.
Speaker 1: So you would say your daughter makes nasty food.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, she couldn't cook. My wife can't cook. Maria is very basic. Maria make good.
Speaker 1: Ahead of time. I'm not cutting this out, so don't get to talking ship about Myrina. No, I'm not cutting this out. You have made me and Peachcrab a fucking podcast before with you and your reckless mouth two times. Welcome walk today. You shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: But she she'll tell you that she's all that.
Speaker 1: She does not want you telling the people you can't cook. This is the type of get you a ship yeah, that's probably not gonna go over well, bro, I gotta have make by that little party fucking still man. Now, I gotta scrub the name everything, the name nigga.
Speaker 3: Believe it like it's bad language.
Speaker 1: My wife was a wonderful person.
Speaker 4: My wife is wonderful.
Speaker 1: Look doing this because all this ship I have to beat. You know, this comes up this. See that's the thing I appreciate about still getting older, right, because that still get older, he gets more blunt, right. But the problem is he come to his census after the podcast is over, and we.
Speaker 5: And then it comes on the podcast and where I go the whole time like he just in it.
Speaker 1: He in his zone. As soon as that podcast is over, he'll be like, delete all that ship. And then you just ain't got no podcast. We can't hear if you're talking to us. Okay, you ain't talking to us. Your phone is muted.
Speaker 3: We gotta pivot to the the main topic.
Speaker 1: Of no, no, we don't. We were cool. We right here.
Speaker 3: We do have to touch that at some point. It's a good topic.
Speaker 4: That was my best y'all. That that was I had to I had to take that call.
Speaker 1: That was something. Thank you. My biologies no words, no worries, but we beeping all that ship because we're not deleting this podcast. And I'm not going to.
Speaker 4: Because I didn't say nothing wrong. There's something that is common knowledge in this house.
Speaker 1: Please stop.
Speaker 2: Well that was common knowledge in this town.
Speaker 1: The world. Please God, you have to keep going to stop. I don't want nobody young doing ship. As I get older, I started to realize young people don't know ship.
Speaker 2: This is an interesting boy Like, like you know the the Loop book I'm reading. They talking about military and art art of military innovation in case studies how stopping down youth into a lot of the middle officer ranks in the field yield to a far more innovative outcome in military strategy. So like, if you want anything new, any new ideas, any unique problem solving, you don't want like calcified brain channels that only are trained to think one singular way to one singular outcome, So that that's the weak side of the old deal. On the other side, in a broader, maybe more difficult system, like with a lot of input factors or whatever the heck, you you've been around the block enough times to where you can recognize what different input factors are.
Speaker 3: Going to do words.
Speaker 2: You see a lot of young millennial bumpkins or whatever the heck. They have these grandiose ideas, but they haven't thought of all the things that could go wrong yet.
Speaker 3: Because I haven't seen anything go wrong yet.
Speaker 1: I get the benefit of agent and getting young Peter to mask your question. It's gonna be a weird question. Who should be allowed to say the N word? Question? Right? And obviously, you know only I think we have to do this because this is kind of the hip hop dynamic, right. We have guys that make hip hop, we have guys that digest hip hop. But I've really wanted to notice because people have been in my comments, they on Twitter, Facebook, and and and I've just been hearing this conversation. So it's just been you know, really, you know, plague in my mind. And I feel like Pete is the perfect person because even though Pete's culture keeping around, you know, fucking with us, he also knows that that word is off limits. And I'm asking him who does he feel like it's appropriate? It's it's dope because it's somebody that's somebody that that knows, like, I'm not fucking with that word I'm not gonna use it. That ain't my shit to even fuck with, but I would like to hear his opinion on who should be using it?
Speaker 2: In general speak, the only the weirdest thing about it, it's the only word in the English language that you can't even say.
Speaker 3: It's not like.
Speaker 2: Joe shouldn't say that to Bill, But I watched it happen so I could tell the story as I saw it. I have to edit the story as I saw it and redefine it by saying the end word. I can't even say what Bill said, the Bob or whatever the fun like that's that is, by itself, that's really unique.
Speaker 1: But who do you feel should be using it? Were you?
Speaker 3: Like, you know what, you're less less people than currently do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not mad at that, you know.
Speaker 2: In general speak, I also think that there's probably more social context to it, Like I don't have a desire to do that, but there's been no shortage of hundreds of people from your community that have referred to me as.
Speaker 3: That and not in the mean way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously they wasn't being as reasoning as a racial slur.
Speaker 3: No, No, it wasn't even me. It's just just as fine.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it just means in a lot of context, just a it's a male you know.
Speaker 1: Well, you definitely use it in a lot of colorful ways jobs black people, not black people, only black people. And I'll be a little bit more specific foundational black Americans. Oh, be honest, I can't get it. I can't wait to get to Ricon here to cus his ass out. Okay, Still, who should be using the.
Speaker 4: Word, you know what? To be honest with you, it should be only to find the black people. But I don't even think we should be saying it no more. I think it's a word. I think it's a word that could be eliminated from the lex kind of the black collquialisms, and it wouldn't make us none. I think it would be great. I think it would be good.
Speaker 1: I think it's beautiful that we got something to make white folks uncomfortable, respectfully, you know what's funny. I'm going to go further. I think, really it's not about black people. I think that word a real slang word, especially the way is used as a term of endearment. It's really a slang word. It's a street word.
Speaker 4: Yeah, until you go to the Midwest. It picks up a different meaning really quick.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, unfortunately, you know, that's the point of every ghetto having the right to apply it as they see fit, right, And that's why I say it's really I don't know. That's the problem too though, Like like, I didn't grow up with a lot of actually I didn't grow up with any any any Hispanics at all, So I don't know. I don't don't. I don't want a Mexican dude coming into my neighborhood talking about nigga. No, bro, you I don't. I don't think you would have that happening in your community because you're because the community you grew up in is pretty much primarily brothers. Yeah that's true. But where we share space or like New York share space. Like it's been a big conversation with with a Fat Joe and somebody's asking me how I thought about it, Some guys that kind of identify under the FBA, and they asked me how I thought about it. I said, well, really, you got to talk to the people from a projects for green projects like those is his people and those are the ones that coach really raise him though, Man, them niggas don't don't have nothing to do with me. Well that's the pla. Do you use that ship with them niggas? It don't give you no automatic just blank checked, a blank nigga check across humanity. No, I don't know. I don't know if it's a blank check. But I think it's disingenuous to say something that somebody has been using their whole life as part of a community, that nobody even blinked the eye, and then you wake up one day and just don't care because you care about how you feel about it. But that's to me that every day when we go to work. Yeah, but to me, this is an argument you should have with other black people in Fort Green if that was the case. What I think.
Speaker 2: Is your like the three of you you in general, like the opinion that it's sort of evolved into not a term that is exclusively for black people to say, but purely a term that is exclusively not for white people to say. Because I Aasians all the time, Latinos quite often early like DJ Khaled, early albums, you know, Middle Eastern.
Speaker 1: You know what, all of them. The problem with it is Pete like, this is the thing about culture, there's no real sess thing. It's black culture, right, there's culture. Culture is a land word. It's not really a word determined on idea of racial trying.
Speaker 4: To get none of that when it comes to nigga.
Speaker 1: But I was still on that. But I'm not asking. No, I'm not asking, no, I'm not asking. This is the thing about where we grew up at. I don't need no nigga opinion from Cleveland of Detroit when I'm talking about the word that me and my partners used. Shut the fuck up and stay over there. That's the point. No problem with that, right. It's like, it's like, how y'all talk, and how y'all do y'all think where y'all from. Man, nobody could say nothing about all the fucked up ship y'all got gonna shut the fuck up and do y'all ship over there. The problem is when you start trying to make a dialogue across the country, nigga, you can't speak right here because if you ain't burned that, it ain't no nigga. Cleveland burned down one building when Rodney King got his ass. Well, but you want to tell us how to talk and motherfuckers, shut the fuck up. Y'all focus on bone and fucking lebron. Don't say it's not why we really the wildest niggas in the world because we're gonna trip about everything. But it's it's not a mentality. Still, It's not like culturally we some kind of disingenuous unblack people. We actually don't take no ship from white people. We don't white people. I think that we don't have the same problems that the rest of y'all got In the Midwest. For y'all let them people fly them flags and may be too close. We ain't got no issues with Mexicans. No, y'all don't even have Mexicans in your community. Point so the ones that's there, No, there's a line, don'ts And it's not a line because y'all don't grow up together. Y'all not the same. Y'all don't grow up culturally the same. Y'all grew up completely separate. Like yeah, but that's why you can't have this conversation because in Los Angeles street urban cultures rooted in one idea, it's not rooted in it's not rooted in the concept of race neither it is in Detroit, it just happened to be y'all all brothers. That's it. But really it's not rooted in race, in that term of endearment that people grew up with. It's different. I'm not making no reason for nobody else to use the word. That's not what I'm doing. I'm saying I know how it happened where I'm from, and i know how it happened in New York. They sound like that. Bro, No, it's not because I'm not I'm not gonna fight you over something that somebody's saying. I'm expressing to you culturally how it happens. I might fight you over something you said and I feel you. Some of my friends with there fight you. They'd be like, oh, the nigga can't talk to me like that, Like you're not a nigga. He like you not a nigga neither. Well, we've got a history. I was just saying. He told some about who you call a nigga. He's like, you not a nigga? He said, you not a nigga. Nigga. It was like the weirdest moment in the world because I guy would have meant but it was like too smart. I was like, Bro, I'm glad the dude kind of just got the jest of it. It was like it ain't even worth it. It walked off because I'm thinking to myself, like, he's like, he not a nigga, nobody's a nigga. And I was like, but I get his point. I get I get his point. I got it. It made sense to me some ship. I don't care how right you think you are. It's not about do I think I'm right. I don't know you person per se, but I'm saying, I don't think nobody's writing this conversation.
Speaker 4: I think. I think.
Speaker 1: I think it's very much who you talking to and what they feel. That's it. I shut of got I think talking to and what they feel, like, how y'all feel. I get it, y'all really like where y'all from, Detroit and Cleve. Y'all really had to deal with some ship with the white folks. So and y'all culturally don't grow up and and nothing just rooted and just other brothers. That's it, y'all don't share, go ahead, no, I thought still did?
Speaker 4: I said?
Speaker 1: Culture? It's like it's like culture is different man, like culture is rooted in land. I don't again how everybody want to run This ain't no fancy conversation. This is a business. It's pretty fucking simple. Don't come in the wrong neighborhood saying that ship you get beat the funk up, and you.
Speaker 4: Should exactly you'll be a never encounter no racism. So I want to say, ignorant ship, Well, we.
Speaker 1: Encounter and we encounter eighth of racism. We act up. We should not, y'all we like l a god. It ain't just l a clean have for no act that when they encounter ate the racism. And it is different here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's different.
Speaker 4: Cleveland act up, a Cleveland act the food you would have do your research.
Speaker 1: I'm living here because I've been here for a minute now. It's like the mindset of the brothers and sisters here's a little different than like Detroit. And that's only because Detroit is like ninety five percent black people. It was Cleveland currently. Oh okay, no, Detroit is what in black people? Detroit is like ninety ninety five percent black people. Yeah, that is just crazy. Yeah, so the mentality is a lot different than Cleveland. Cleveland's like fifty five fifty fifty to fifty five percent black people, and it's pretty it's still pretty segregated too, like niggas is on the east side and others is on the west side. We got a couple still the Cleveland to this day still like that.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: The jobs later now still like that. Like you know, the people that venture towards either side outside their community has increased. But yeah, for all intents and purposes, black folks on on the east side and Hispanics and white people on the west side, it's.
Speaker 4: Shaker Heights and Bedford still mixed, kind of like those still considered suburbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I don't know if I would listen to y'all when it comes to cultural diversity. Y'all don't has a.
Speaker 4: False cultural diversity. It's like it's praising white folks out here. They just won't say that because they're scared about scared of getting their jobs took.
Speaker 1: In the ship before their jobs getting took, their ass was getting whooped.
Speaker 4: That may be in too, but they just less likely to say anything outside of the house.
Speaker 1: But it's different. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I'm sitting on the east side of Los Angeles. We grew up culturally diverse, like l A Street. Urban culture is a pot of things put together. It's not how mean how many how many Hispanic crips are there? Is it? A lot? I know that, Yeah, a lot. Remember Grape Streets is a Hispanic crip gang. Like watch video. Grapes and Gray Streets my hood?
Speaker 3: Are those the same?
Speaker 2: I thought those those don't those don't beef like regular Grape Street, And oh they are, Okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: What all the next Grace Street got WVG on them, okay, Like, especially like where I'm from. Like culturally, I mean, that's why we so much fucking Mexican food. It's just really yea that more than anything.
Speaker 4: I would say probably LA is dominated by probably Hispanic culture.
Speaker 1: Well I think it is today, but I think twenty thirty years ago it was a mix, and it made La Street agriculture very diverse. So we looked at it differently. I mean versus in Cleveland, where everybody else to y'all anybody that's not y'all as a threat, especially in Detroit or Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Really we always fucked with the Puerto Ricans. Yeah, yeah, you always fuck with the Puerto Ricans.
Speaker 1: I mean, like Puerto Ricans probably would be a lot closer to like, uh, I'm sure you talk about people that look like you, they got drag.
Speaker 2: But it's it's different though, when the when the Puerto Ricans in your town are two percent and not fifty eight percent.
Speaker 1: Facts, yeah yeah, and most of them not really saying they Puerto Rican for real because they blending in and assimilating like it's.
Speaker 2: They have to get into fit in like they have to. You have a different mentality when you're the tiniest group. You gotta be polite and stay on your lane even.
Speaker 1: Not you're not are you're not you're not arguing or discussing things from a point of power. Yeah, but even in New York, Bro, it's like the Puerto Ricans. There there's two kinds of perto Ricans. There's a Puerto Ricans that know they not black, and there's a Puerto Ricans that you don't know that they not black. Feel me, so it's different like when you a Mexican person, you could see it from where I'm from, you can see that they're not black, they don't look black.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know that's my exact life in my New Bill.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am like on the Dominican district line, and there's like they're all Dominican, so you don't know half of them.
Speaker 3: I don't know they're Dominican until they talk.
Speaker 4: She's like, I'm surprised you don't speak Spanish.
Speaker 1: I do not as good as you don't speak Spanish. I do not as good as I used to though I used to speak at I mean, I knew everything everybody was talking to me because my homeboy's mama talked to me in Spanish. But what I'm saying is it just depends. So it's like this ain't. This ain't. So when the Drake conversation happened with the N word, right, it was different because like I got the jest of what he's saying, like this is somebody and so me and Josh could disagree on this right because he feels like he's entitled to it because his father is from Memphis. My thing is, if you grew up in in in the suburb or Jewish community over in Toronto and your Jewish mother, you know what I mean, you probably shouldn't be using the N word. It's not something you're entitled to just because you're born you know what I mean, some level of somebody in your family at one time? Where was the slave on American lands?
Speaker 4: This is tricky.
Speaker 3: Conversal, controversial question, your hot button question.
Speaker 1: You know how many white people are gonna envy your position to be able to ask black people this ship without go ahead? Go ahead, like you were the straight power, because white people would love to be in this room and be able to ask these questions.
Speaker 2: In your opinion, in the in the hip hop sphere, based off of cultural proximity and whatnot, who do you think is more justified because one does not you and one does. But who, in your opinion, is more justified to use the word if they show choose uh Drake or Eminem?
Speaker 1: Drake more? If I have probably more Drake. Okay, you know what's funny?
Speaker 2: No, but that kind of cuts against the point of cultural proximity.
Speaker 1: And all this stuff. The only reason why I would be worried about Eminem because I know Eminem used it. I know he talks to his I knew he talked like that somewhere along the line. But and this is my problem, bro, It's like hip hop just like slang and all of this culture shity. You're not entitled to it because somebody in your family was a slave. You're not entitled to it. It's really kind of like almost like a mild function that you master because of the environment you grew up in, you know what I'm saying. Like even in word, Me and Homie was having a conversation about it earlier, right and we were talking about how Richard Probe really helped transition it over, you know, from where God's in the streets was starting to use it as a term of endearment because it was still frowned upon, even black people frowned that other black people because they was trying to denounce them by using that term, like, you know, trying to demean them. And then it became a term of endearment in some level of streets. And then Black Exploitation era happened, and that shit just spread wild and people felt entitled to the word. And it's really a street word more than this. Why why why why can't we be bro? It's one fucking word? Why can't we have one fucking word? Because no fucking body else got one fucking word? Jobs, they got a.
Speaker 4: Whole We've been through though, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 4: I'm just messing with you.
Speaker 1: There's there's there's no words job that white people use that we can't use. There's no words job fucking Asian people use that we can't use. There's no word job. There's no other word. The only other people in this world that have a word is not really something that you're You're born like you could just be one day and then can't nobody use that word? And that's you know what. The white folks also have the ability to approve our loans. They have the ability to admit us to schools or to training. They got a whole bunch of ship that that that predominantly they and they alone are able to do. We get one word. I totally agree. But I'm telling you I'm not. I'm not. Look, I'm not. God damn it. This is not the point. Because you're making me sound like I'm defending white people or somebody using his work. That's not the point. I'm telling you. The word is a slang word. I don't know. Like I said, when Drake was even saying it, it always made me cringe because I'm like, he don't talk like this. I crench more in Fat Joe saying that shit than Drake. Huh. I crane way more in Fat Joe saying it than Drake.
Speaker 4: I've never in my life derived and it's a word that derived from a real bad time in our history of black African American people, slavery. No, it's a derivative slavery. No matter how you can call the slang word, the evolus, liver, the whatever, Let's get down to the root.
Speaker 1: It's ruted.
Speaker 4: Like look at this evil history. Like I don't even know what we're saying that shit. I don't even know why we celebrates saying that shit.
Speaker 1: I don't think we celebrate. Don't be want to see. This is the problem when you get old too, because you start making it. Nobody celebrate the word.
Speaker 4: You just see them just that's what me and my homies want for You want to use we should what y'all got going on?
Speaker 1: What I'm telling you is street. I mean, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Fuck them, I don't care. You can come up with any any fancy terminology you can. It's a word, bro, It's our word. Don't use the ship. It's not our word. It's our word. It's not That's what I say I'm not entitled to this word. I'm with you on that one, and that's my problem. Like it's not our word, like hip hop ain't our code. We're not all entitled to it. It's something.
Speaker 4: Or are you saying so, Are we're saying that Drake can't use it? Right?
Speaker 3: Say that?
Speaker 4: You say, isn't that your whole point, that Drake shouldn't be allowed to say it? Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought that was your point too. No, I said, I cringe when I heard it say that, because he don't talk like that to me. He didn't talk like that to most of us. And it does sound weird. It'd be like a hearty aw, it just be weird. And I could just tell this is Remember that's his accent too, though, bro accent something because you know why he never called me by that word is something we use, brother, because everybody talks to us that way. My dad called me a little nigga when I was little. My mom called me a nigga inside outside the house nigga. So that's where the slang, that's where the culture of it all comes. Drake Jewish mom shout out to that woman was not calling him that in the house. His friends at his Jewish school, like I heard him talking shit. Yeah, I grew up on Western Road. Then when I got to the fifth grade and I was ten and we moved. Nigga, you were raised where you moved to. You feel me so like everything about my existence is that word. That's why I use the words. It's like apple pie to me, it's mine. It's literally how we talk to each other. So even if it's like me trying to stop using the word, you know, hello, that's how much I heard nigga as much as I heard hello. And I'm telling you that's.
Speaker 4: Why I from here on the words. I'm not saying it no more.
Speaker 1: But you my nigga still yeah, I mean, and I salute you. I salute you for that, but I'm not going to stop.
Speaker 2: I said two quick questions as a panel, do the three of you feel that there is the potential for sort of like a sub like some sort of semi subliminal psychological ramifications of the community, you know, using a negatively historic word all the time as as frequently.
Speaker 3: As it does, or none?
Speaker 1: What's the question, like.
Speaker 2: Are there are there negative psychological ratifications for the community at large in the constant reference to that No.
Speaker 1: I don't. Maybe, I mean, I wouldn't be a therapist to know, Like I think that's more like a psychologist, like you have to ask somebody. Does that create a level of of you know, I don't know. I'm not the right person to ask. I don't have my that on that. But I'll tell you this, like I get what Jobs are saying, right, because they don't grow up with anybody else for brothers, so they talk to each other like that, right, still was from Cleveland, where you know they're separated. Jobs don't really got they only got thirteen white people in Detroit, but from the white people that don't even like black people, so they literally stay completely segregated. So for sure, when they heard the term the whole time, it probably with somebody being addicted to them because they talk.
Speaker 3: To you know, I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Racist now, Yeah, there are plenty of people in Ohio that's not racist too.
Speaker 1: Probably not. I think machine Gun Kelly is racist? You think so?
Speaker 2: Statistically, not that it's a great metric, but it does segue into my second question. Statistically, Ohio has the highest per capita and a racial relationship rate in the Country's anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all in Cleveland though, Bro, Yeah, yeah, it's literally like one or two cities at least in the Great Columbus.
Speaker 3: Always very common Columbus.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what, I just uh, we just went to Columbus for a few days this past week, and maybe it was where we was at, but I didn't see not one in the race.
Speaker 3: I've never been to Ohio. There's just stuff.
Speaker 1: I've Ohio a lot. I've been. You know what, I would have thought Minnesota. Minnesota got a lot of mixed cup.
Speaker 2: On that topic, though, Do the three of you find it offensive if a white girl starts sucking a black guy and then thinks they can use it the next morning, because that seems to be common on the internet.
Speaker 1: Get beat the fuck up, you know what. I don't think she needs and I think everything bad in life is gonna happen to her. You know, you just seakass well to keep it moving, because there's some sick niggas, Bro, Like Kanye is another nigga that's sick. Like I remember them text message I read and he was just you know that's the problem. Like, look, do I think Dre should be saying it? I don't even I don't think it's my job the police, you know, And I'll be honest with you, like I feel more entitled to police hip hop because I actually went out and earned my respect and that I went out and earned the knowledge the N word. I don't feel like it's my right to police it unless I know you mean it to me derogatory or if you make me feel funny saying it to me. Because I've had people say it to me that made me feel fun I was like, don't ever say that to me again. You know what I'm saying, but just to me. You might have said to somebody else in the work out, you know, I mean, just not to me. But I feel more empowered to like my birth right is everything that I am, but I don't know about you know. It's like so I don't know enough about it. I focus on the things I know the most about now. I don't care if you black as the Knight or white as the White as the clouds if I feel you're trying to you know, to mean me when you're saying it. Were in a fight, Okay, I got you, so do I got up. Mesican hommies they used any word, Yeah, they they've been niggas. They've been my niggas their whole life. Some of them won't say it to nobody else because they know that they're not supposed to use it or they can make somebody else feel uncomfortable. So I respect them homies too, like I respect the hommies like that.
Speaker 4: You know what, man, The thing is like, if I hear somebody like the homie Mexican most said, he probably don't say it around a million times round less. We ain't paying attention because he's one of us.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. And it's weird because he's he's smart enough to not he know like he's ours only. Yeah, but that's your responsibility also, Like and let's say you and a couple of your homeboys walking through downtown Detroit and some Mexican dude says nigga, and we look at that nigga like you need to retract that immediately. Y'all all gonna take the penalty for that nigga's actions thereafter, But we was all gonna take the penalty anyway. That just they don't got to do. My point is like where he brought up what he brought up, like for inter racial couple. Not only should she be beat up, he should beat up too, because it's your responsibility as the black person in that relationship if you're going to allow that that that terminology around you, that that you have that right, but you also need to teach that person that if you say that ship out in public, we'll both get beat up, and y'all should. I don't know if La niggas can see getting beat up, but I understand what you're saying, you know, I think they. I think everybody knows it. That's the tricky part. I think everybody that's not us knows how people that's not us could take the word.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: It's something that really trust me because they don't go around just like your boys, your Mexican boys. Culturally they grew up where that was acceptable. They may not see past their culture, the culture that they grew up in. See.
Speaker 4: I think the Mexican homies, depending on who they are, can get away with it. I just think person right. I heard Steve Lobo say and elevated one time and it was on to my We was at Steve Lobell.
Speaker 1: The dude that man used to manage Bond.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we and we in the hell.
Speaker 3: But I heard Art Leveau in my brain.
Speaker 1: So it's a white guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Steve Lobell. So he was like, he's like this, like this me, we's going up to power one of six. You remember para one six at the elevator to go upstairs. Yes, And I heard him say, Man, these fucking niggas. But and I turned around, I'm looking at all these other niggas. I'm like, y'all alone on this. I was so fucking disappointed.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: So now you're gonna get Steve canceled with this ship. Why you you felt like you want Steve fade? Don't do Steve like that on the public platform. You get Steve's fade. Okay, what Steve did that to himself? You did that? You said in the public why the hell elevator niggas too? You? So you said which niggas specifically? Did him say that since you heard about well.
Speaker 4: I don't know who you're talking about.
Speaker 3: He was talking.
Speaker 1: There's a word score system like if he absolutely yes, besides you obviously, who went out like a mark? Who else did he use it in front of?
Speaker 4: Like it was a whole bunch of people. I think bone.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is no. I think Steve's little bell known that he's called people niggas, that he says the niggas in word up, you said niggas, not niggas like they said those niggas. Even even with.
Speaker 1: It makes no difference to me.
Speaker 4: Whether it's the hard difference. A white boy shouldn't be saying no nigga. I love Pete the Depp, but Pete, but not come talk me talking about some what's up my nigga? I always get him like he's crazy as a mother. Get this right, so you and Bone doesn't harm.
Speaker 1: He was an elevator, he called some niggas, and all the Cleveland niggas an elevator. Didn't say nothing. Oh, some l a niggas in that too.
Speaker 4: All they did was to.
Speaker 3: Service elevator, e freight elevator.
Speaker 1: Bone, you, I don't think more than that Steve can fit an elevator. So in other words, a bunch of Cleveland niggas let a white person call them niggers.
Speaker 4: No, it was some l a niggas on there too, which ones ain't ain't for me to say. It ain't for me to say.
Speaker 1: You're gonna air boned out yourself and Steve Well, they.
Speaker 4: Was there and they know it was I'm not gonna sit here into the lender.
Speaker 1: Wait listen, And it wasn't.
Speaker 4: With the hard DOT he was like, man, we got to see boom too, these.
Speaker 1: Niggas you said, these niggers he was talking about that.
Speaker 4: I didn't say all that what with the hard R it wasn't.
Speaker 1: But it makes no difference, like the fact that like his his handlers And I'm saying this in the in the most respectful way, but whoever he has been around uh with some melanin representation should have let him know. Bruh. You can't just say this around everybody. I'm not knocking your neighborhood for growing up with this cat. He didn't grow up with Steve. Steve. I'm just whatever, whatever relationship I got where you felt comfortable enough to say, this guy get to pass. We that pass is not a universal pass. That past is the neighborhood passed. As long as you willing to fight about it. That's the trick, because you're probably gonna to fight it. Yeah, And that's okay. You gotta be willing to fight. And I ain't. I ain't gonna lie to you. I ain't gonna let my homeboy get matched out. But I ain't gonna be fighting no other brothers because you just call these people these niggas ship the throw away because now you've got a problem. Move on, Like if you fight me, because I'm fighting some white dude that said, nigga, you know what, that's a tough place to be in two jobs, Like dude, like a nigga who I grew up with, like like a Meskan Puner. I grew up with my whole life like I got Meskan Punnis like that, like I grew up with my whole life, like we starved together, we ate together, know my mama, I know their kids and everything. And then I'm in like another town like somewhere else and a brother hear him talking to me like yeah, nigga, and he like, hey, what you say? He was like, man, I wasn't talking. I was talking to my ponner. Yeah, but what you say? You know what I mean? And he like, I wasn't talking to I was talking about Putner And he said you better now you better apologize, Like I ain't apologizing for shit. Who should I help jobs? If they gett fighting, you should help yourself because we fucking all y'all up. That just ain't gonna happen. Job, I fuck what town like going to? Everybody gonna be in Okay, superman, I'm just saying. I'm not saying everybody's got the ass whooped if you're really in the streets at some point a million fights. But I bet you a motherfuckers got pissed, they got a busted lit. Everybody gonna be in a fight. Okay, Well that's fair, I'm saying.
Speaker 3: In that case, then there's no etiquette. That it's barbarism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like my lifelong friend who we grew up together, our whole life versus some stranger dude, you know what should I do? You could haveb You could never understand because y'all didn't grow up with nobody. Y'all don't even got no friends like that. No, no, no, no, Actually I understand you boys from Detroit. You know it's nine point two black people get yours away from my door, hain't it? If it's nine point two. If it's nine point two black people to every ten people, then what do they know? I don't know. I understand, no, no, no, I understand you riding for your home.
Speaker 4: Hid from your door.
Speaker 1: Stupid ass dog.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're talking to a dog.
Speaker 1: It did not, But I get the point of defending your friend, and I would expect nothing less from certain individuals. However, that my friend, like.
Speaker 4: You know, like even if Peter we were somewhere Peter said some dumb shit, I would help Peter, but then I was asking what the fuck was going on when we got it where we was going. I wouldn't let him get beat down, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm just saying, like, if you come, like let's say it's five yard in the elevator and Pete says, nigga to one of my boys. But we all in Detroit, what if he said? But obviously best believe that. Absolutely, I'm calling every motherfucker I know, like y'all all taking the l that might not happen jobs even nowhere where we're at. I don't believe in just conceding fights. But what I'm saying to you is, let's say my homeboy was talking to me, doesn't matter. So what am I supposed to do with my lifelong partner versus somebody offended that he offended with that word. Now, I will tell you this. I will give you the space to check your people. But I'm saying, what if he don't give that person a space? What if he like you better take that back. He's like, I wasn't talking to me, I'm talking to my partner. That's not acceptable here, Bro, you you fix it or were fixing it? You got an option. Detroit is a badass. That's a bad niggas. But you can't fix everything. That's why you ain't fixed. Y'all can't fix it now what I know. I know we can't fix everything, but that particular scenario can absolutely be fixed. No, No, that could be rectified immediately. Bro, No, because you really can't. This is my point. I'm asking you. You know I can't ask you this because y'all don't grow up with nobody. I'm just we grow up with people. They just look like us.
Speaker 4: What kind of stuff is that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: We just don't They just.
Speaker 3: Got aboutand my boys.
Speaker 2: It was my first first night I moved to open with a dude from East over a rad track with a couple of his friends.
Speaker 3: So we go by this club.
Speaker 2: There's a line there said Pete, get out and go stand in the line, We're gonna go find parking. I'm like, oh, I'm like, all right, I know this is gonna be bad because we're we're getting closer to the front, Like these guys are gonna run up and cut the line, and it's gonna be a fighting this line. And behind me, all I hear is and were this, in that, in this and that for twenty five minutes while these idiots are trying to parking lot pimp and leave me hung out to dry as we're encroaching at the front of this fucking line so casual, Like at some point I got a size these guys up because my friends are gonna walk up. We're gonna have to fight these people. There'sre's no way they're gonna let three people cut the line. At the very front.
Speaker 3: It was six Asian dudes from outside of the city.
Speaker 2: The whole time when they walked up, they didn't say shit.
Speaker 1: You know, but I didn't know. I actually enjoy when people reference each other as nigga and there's no nigga is around. I ain't gonna lie. It kind of brings a joy to my heart, like this weird joy. I don't know why, don't ask me why, But it just looks like they want to be us so bad and this is what they think. Like I saw these these two Asian people fighting and they like, what's up, nigga? And this is nigga is fighting each other punk as nigga. Like damn a power that you could take something so fucked up and make it to where everybody want to be identified as somebody this mistreated in America. Shit fucks me up, man, But I don't like it when I see somebody rapping a song in the car. If you ever put it up with jobs you ain't put you know you were still in there put up next to nobody else. But what I'm saying is like when you be in a car and somebody else is rapping a rap, you know that part you look over. I don't like that part. I don't know why, you know what I mean? Like, I think I'm just being honest with my thoughts. Like if I see a video of them, I don't get it. That's a weird ship. Bro Huh. That is so weird, I know, But I'm just telling you the truth. It's like it's like it's like Paul's like guys who like girls feet that's like my fet It's like watching people try to think that they us and then like deal with confrontation in this weird way and start talking each other crazy and posturing like what are y'all doing? But I enjoy it. It's like a weird thing that I truly enjoy. That is weird, bro. Still my though, I know what African people said, how far.
Speaker 4: Right off?
Speaker 1: I only know people only, I only personally, yeah, which is different in their versee like you said the accent, But he personally know one African person and that's my guy, and he grew up. He moved here when he was like ten. Oh, I'm glad, so tell us about it. So because he is melan and enriched. Oh because he sold us in the slaves.
Speaker 3: Slavery enriched.
Speaker 1: Not not every not every culture in Africa sold us left me a collaborated effort. I'll be honest. Well, Africa is huge, bro, I know, but it's really small when it come to Crusade. He said, you said what they went on.
Speaker 3: A cruc Sade style military front either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm asking you how did you feel about that? Job? Was like somebody that's not the descendant of an Americans better because they sold you into Because I'm sure where was your partner from? Where where is he Zimbabwe? Well they were hopefully they're not that close to the slag, but you know what, they kind of close.
Speaker 3: That's pretty far down there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think so, how do you feel about that? But my guy, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Detroit no, no, no, no, no, no, no, that's not a Detroit standard.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 1: That was when I moved here to Cleveland. Okay, what about Dominicans when you grew up, did you Dominicans? No, I've never met at Dominica. Only have black people outside of work, I mean for the like, well, southwest southwest Detroit had the Hispanic population popular, I mean the population that grew up with. Y'all know what I'm saying. What I'm saying is in southwest Detroit, black people and Hispanic people quite possibly have grown up together, quite possibly, well, because that was pretty much where if you were Hispanic when I was growing up, you lived in Southwest Detroit. But there's a lot of black folks lived over there too. Okay, but the part of Detroit you lived at, it was you only had black friends run to your whole life. It was one when we moved over to where I grew up at, the whole block was probably fifty fifty white people and black people in five years. It was done the niggas except for one white family. And they were the poorest people in our neighborhood where y'all fucking white boy Rick. They were not that advanced. They were not that advanced. They just had a bunch of They just had a bunch of kids. But they were like really they were like poor white trash. Yeah, yeah, I know that. I know that they got a family like that. And the who was that I grew up like, I know that grew up. They was different. Yeah, it's always that white family that stayed there. When the white flight happened. They was like, we're not selling anything. Ronchi as a motherfucker. They didn't have no choice, but they they We didn't fuck with them, and they didn't fuck with us. They had like seven eight brothers, so they just did it. Like literally, they was on the island by themselves. They just grew up amongst themselves. You know, we knew them, you know what I mean, they wasn't hanging out such a black experience because I've had a black experience, But man, I wish it was that black. Oh my god, Like when I went to court. When you go to court in Detroit, your prosecutor looks like your, your attorney looks like your, your jury looks like you, the judge looks like you. The fire truck shows up, they all look like you. The only the cops got sprinkling.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's still majority black people, but they got a few white dudes. But even the white dudes are aware that they are in a force full of niggas, so they're not doing outland this shit. You know, Like if you hear some racist type shit from the cops in Detroit, it is generally not a Detroit police officer. It's like a shaf for somebody. Yeah, I believe that that's I'm in that. That's pretty cool. It is. It is a gift and a burden, because it's a burden when you move to other communities and you have a sense of cultural entitlement that may not translate. Like when I moved to Cleveland, she was culture shock.
Speaker 4: Cleveland.
Speaker 1: That bad isn't well culturally. The black people here stay on the East Side because they've been told to an extent to stay on the east side, don't. I didn't have that like black people with Detroit. It's rich, it's rich black people, it's poor black people, it's middle class black people, niggas anywhere.
Speaker 4: You know what. In Cleveland, at least when I was there, people had a tendency if you had a good job and you was kind of up, but then you would move in one of the heights. You would move to Euclid. Yeah, you would move to Shake or Bedford, you know what I'm saying, somewhere like that souling. You would kind of moved those last little mixed areas, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But but even then, like your your suburbs was east side suburbs, Like you wasn't moving to Twins.
Speaker 4: Burd Oh, No, yeah, that's true. You always, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: As I heard to help you over there. I mean, it's it's a little different now because I've been here like twenty five years, So it's different now, Like you know, it's if you got money and you black, you may be on the west side somewhere. You know. It's definitely a lot different than when I first when I first moved here, like it was niggas here, Like a lot of people that had never left their neighborhood. I had never met a person like that that literally had never went to the other side of town. And it was forty years old. Yeah, that's that's that's crazy. That's not even possible. That's the more about it. But you know what's funny, the more I think about it, that's why that's different in Detroit because their poverty, while it is it's poverty, it's not a real poverty because they don't feel restricted by the boundaries of race. Yeah they can, they don't. They don't probably mind still going to the wealthy black neighborhoods because it's black people versus like where we're from. Like people when you come to watch like you don't want to go too far because you're gonna eventually run into some crappy white people. That's racist.
Speaker 4: If you remember Martin Luther King Boulevard back in the seventies and the sixties, thead mansions over there.
Speaker 1: But that's not what it's different though, still like like yeah, Cleveland got some black people that got some money, but like the point is like in Detroit, because you do notice that everybody's black all the time. So like like where we grew up at still like where you grew up and where I grew up what I got. You know, I grew up with Mexican folks. So but everybody where we're from white people still represents a level of order, you know what I mean? Where you from, white people still like white symbolize as wealth, but where jobs is from. Originally that's not true because they got poor black people, working class, affluent and wealthy black people all in one place. Can I gotta give you an example of the mentality When I was young, I'm walking downtown and I see a white person, They're moving out of my way every time. It's not even I'm not saying excus now, I don't give the fun what your name was when I when I was like up until you know, my young twenties, and then when I moved here, Like you walk downtown Cleveland, a white person coming, they're not moving. Yeah, you're gonna bump their ass or or or you're gonna move out the way. White people gonna move over here because they think we're crazy. Nigga across the street. This nigga might steal my purse, and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of that in l A like honestly, as we've talked about before. But like, there isn't a blue collar, tough community of white people there. They're all wealthy, soft, pampered professional isolated out where the fuck they stay for three generations.
Speaker 1: You gotta go. Yeah, you definitely gotta go to the outskirts to find regular white people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like there might be some type people in the Lancasters of the world or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to have a joke with DJ head Bro that white people get one hundred thousand dolls a check when they're born in California because it just ain't no poor white people like that. You just don't enough of for this country, For this state to have thirty or forty million people, and it's twenty five million white people. You do not see their motherfuckers. You don't see poor versions of them, you know how Like you got poor black ghettos, right, and like Watch is a poor black meadow, right, Compton is kind of like more of a working class but still kind of poor black ghetto. East LA is like a poor Mexican ghett a loan beach man lately.
Speaker 4: Huh have you been to Anaheim and Stanton lately? It was a very much poor white community. But yeah, yeah, but they're not get the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not the ghetto. It's not the ghetto.
Speaker 4: Take a trip over there.
Speaker 1: I've been trying.
Speaker 3: It's a giant meth heaven haven.
Speaker 1: That's just kind of that's not it. It's different. It's a little different. Like I've been there. I know y'all talking about it. Got some little rough areas of power.
Speaker 3: It's n l rs and myth. That's all that they got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they probably have the meth laugh there, and the city funds it the money. But but you know what, job, that's a great point, dog, I never thought about that. That's probably why y'all stands. Is the way y'all stands is. Yeah, it gives you a sense of power. It gives you a sense of power that you don't see very often. That motherfucker. You're like, okay, I need to reset my mind. Well generally, like I got called arrogant for the first decade I was here, And with me being arrogant, it was just me being comfortable, sure, and not having a problem telling white folks how I felt. Yeah, you know what, that's my problem too in La too. And and it still might be right, or he might be right. It's because it is a different kind of white person here that got some money, so they gonna they're not finna know, threatening their existence over some ego pride shit. Atlanta must be the exact same way, or it was at one time. That's not sure. Because Atlanta had wealthy black people. Buckhead was always wealthy. They always had affluent black communities, and then they had poor black community. So Atlanta and Detroite are kind of the places that I know the most like that. I don't really think I know anywhere else like that.
Speaker 4: Probably DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A long time.
Speaker 3: The year kind of was.
Speaker 2: I remember fifteen years ago the first time I spent a lot of time down here, and I remember driving down University, which terms of the twenty seventh that's a forty five minute drive. I didn't see anybody that wasn't that wasn't black, And as you go there's four languages being spoken. So like if you were born there and like didn't know, or like came out of a spaceship pod, you think that the whole world was black because everybody was black, and they're all speaking different languages, and they dress different, and they active or whatever.
Speaker 3: Like the whole world converges there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not talking about like African descent. We talk about people I know what you mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, like from.
Speaker 1: Well mineus, the Caribbean presence. It's dark people versus when you go to Detroit and Atlanta, it's like black people, like you know what I'm saying. His version, although I think that historically Atlanta, Georgia was just more known for overt racism outside of Atlanta, sure like, and Michigan has always been more of a liberal state period. Yeah, yeah, because they do have a lot of white other white people in Michigan, but they're they not obviously the white people from Georgia. What Georgia Georgia is right now just some high schools I think last year just having integrated proms. Yeah, they they wild wild out there. Although Ohio is very underrated when it comes to the racism.
Speaker 4: I think this.
Speaker 1: General is underrated when it comes to their racism. Midwest. Like remember KKK is really from the Midwest. Yeah yeah, because Indiana from and I have not much experience in Indiana, but I heard Indiana was off the chain. Indiana still like that when you get away from where the Brothers is at.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you know so, yeah, what I driving through this this state like outside of the major you know, our areas sketchy as fuck.
Speaker 1: The looking out for tuning into the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast network and iHeart Radio. Yeah.