Speaker 1: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs, trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood Trading Crypto involved significant risk. Crypto trading is offered through an account with the Robinhood Crypto LC. Robin Hunt Crypto is licensed to engagement virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Crypto Health thro robin Hood Cryptos not FDFC insured or SIPC protected. Investing involves risk, including loss of principle Securities. Trading is offered through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into this. Let's jump in right away. The five things you should do in this market. A lot of people are panicking, a little nervous, got off to a rocky start. What's the five things you should do in this market?
Speaker 3: Number one, you want to check everyone write this down. You want to check to make sure the stocks that you are investing in that Vanguard and Blackrock have them as a top five holding. If not, you need to reconsider letting them go. For those of you who don't know Vanguard and Blackrock are the market makers. They're the most important hedge funds in the space. So if they do not have a stock that you like in their portfolio, you probably should let it go. Please realize that while this market is coming down because of increasing inflation, even if it goes higher, this is a great time to build a base. Number two, Please put build a base. The number of shares that you have in your portfolio matters more than the price. And I know it's not easy when a market is getting beat up, but it doesn't matter if you have Apple at ten dollars and you only have two shares, or you'd rather have ten than twenty five thousand shares at the average price a little bit higher. So when you go to liquidate, you can sell off and be rich in a process. I need you to do your homework and I need you to pick ten stocks in the American market that will work in any environment. So I want to ask you guys a tough question. If China becomes the number one economic power in the next five years, what are the only the ten stocks that would do well if China is number one? And then and then we go to number two, because what happened last year. In the years prior, because quantitative easing was so high, everyone began to take the market for granted and say, hey, I can just pick anything any time, and it's going to go to the moon. And it did. And then when inflation change and quantitative ease and change and I fed changed their plan. The things that we're going to the moon are now driving being driven into the ground. So there are only maybe ten or fifteen companies in terms of America equities that will last. If we are not the number one leader in the global economy anymore, Number four, go heavier on index funds. I know you get tired of me saying it with two tech two index. If you are worried about and if your portfolio right now is keeping you up, we haven't even seen the worst of it. But please be mindful every point of exposure to every top company. Let Vanguard do the work for you. If Bank of America or any company falls out of favor of JP Morgan, you'll be good. They will reallocate for you. Please put in chat. Automation is king, so you want to not only automate your investment, but have asset managers that are better than you do the work for you. Trust me, Vanguard is on top of it. Which companies to have in the portfolio. And then number five, you need to research year over year from nineteen forty every year. I want you to write it down what has been the return every year, and it will give you some sense of confidence. This year we'll probably be anywhere from seven to eleven percent. It won't be like last year. It won't be a rock star year. We will be up. It'll be a little bit more difficult, especially in comparison to last year. If you're used to getting twenty and is a newbie and it was easy, that won't be here. But once you do that research and see what the returns are every year and see once and only seven to ten years we truly have a down market, you won't be as shocked about the things that we're dealing with right now.
Speaker 4: Can I add to yours? That's a solid five. And I guess the ones I kind of have fit into the five that you have. And so the first one you said, so they don't pang. I think that's rule number one. Don't pin it. And only the way to not panic is to really understand those year over year returns. If you understand that and you look in long term vision, you'll have less ANNGST in some of your decisions. So my number one was don't pin it. My number two was understand who you are and where you are in your journey. And so when I say understanding you are, understand what type of investor you are right, what's your risk? This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success, little by little, day after day. It's like it with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: Earners.
Speaker 4: What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Nohm, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: It's tolerance. Are you conservative? Are you looking for growth? Are you looking for that? Understand who you are as an investor? Okay, and understand that if you're at the beginning of your journey, right, don't compare it to somebody else's. Don't compare your chapter one to chapter thirty six of somebody else's financial journey. This is your chapter and so that kind of goes handed in of understanding who you are and the way you're going to invest. So that's vitally important. You said, have you on indexes. I agree with you, So I said, find long term positions, go heavy on ETFs and index ones as well, right, because these are if you're at the beginning of your journey, these are some safer place to be invested in. But also, uh, and this is kind of like my number four is find your number? What's your buying number going to be?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Because if the market pulls back and you already have if you've done your research and you study your year over year returns and you notice is going to be your buying number, you actually are looking forward to the pullbacks so you can actually get in the position where you want because you're going to have it at a lower price point and you're gonna have it long term. So I agree with all the ones you said, and those are just like, uh, not even ask aditions additions to what you said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think definitely. I would want to just talk about the index fun part a little bit, because you had talked about it last week a little bit. Bad think. I don't know if people actually understood the full braph of what you said. So, especially for new beginners, who I feel I have a suspicion that the vast majority of people are new and or still like in the amateur phases, is you have to be careful of the vocal minority social media, Like you go on like different shade room and all that, and it's like a bunch of like negative comments. You could put somebody's grandmother on share room, somebody's gonna say she's ugly. But the problem is that it's still a vocal minority. The vast majority of people don't feel like that, but it feels like it because the minority have a loud voice. Same thing when invested, I'm noticing like, no matter what you say about investing, somebody's gonna be like, oh, that's not true. You can double leverage this and make twenty like thousand percent, and you start to feel like everybody's an expert. What it does is that it makes the people that's not experts, that's just beginning feel uncomfortable. But the vast majority of people are not that. So I say that to say he has to talk about this index fun. The reason why Ian talks about index is a lot, and he said it last week, is that it gives you a hedge. So like if you're in the tech right and people saying like a sector rotation or tech is going down, Da da da dad. Well that's one of the benefits of having an index fund because the index fund you have the total market, the total market or five hundred s and P five hundred. So now if one sector is doing bad, you're not. You don't have all your eggs in one basket. So that's that's like it's like a safety net where the index fund. And that's why when Mark Cuban says that he's invested in the Russell to the Russell two thousand dollars and then he said, like Netflix, and I think, I think Microsoft another like tech company. So this is why the index fund is imperative to your investment. Pyramid is like a foundational base. Not to say that you only have to do index funds, but it's the safest play when it comes to investing. You're not gonna lose money long term with index funds, and it gives you broad range di versification amongst pretty much all areas of the economy. So me personally, I put money into an index fund. Last week, I put money into to the S and P five hundred and I put money into vt I. So, you know, practice what we preach. But I just want to just put that out there because I feel like not enough people they might not fully understand the index fund and why that's important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was an Amazon Amazon Netflix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and shout out to Hill Harper who just text us on the check on the checking. My graduates from my school being force back drop drop, Mike, drop backdrop drop.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming It's spelling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine. Nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,