Speaker 1: This is stating, Andrew, they're recording serial Killers.
Speaker 2: That should just be the intro. Keep it as is. This is serial Killers.
Speaker 3: So dramatic.
Speaker 2: Thank you Stax for that beautiful intro.
Speaker 3: Well see it got really loud right there, so they didn't hear that part.
Speaker 2: Thanks Stacks for that beautiful intro.
Speaker 3: Well now it's over. So now you're just screaming like a lunatic.
Speaker 2: Hi, Andrew high scant.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, we didn't even need anything yet. No, welcome to serial Killers. It's episode twenty six. Is there anything we can't that's it. We're done with making up stupid things because you can't do anything.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we shouldn't even be saying what number it is. I feel like people listening like, are we going to do this if we get up to like episode one hundred and twelve?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how awkward?
Speaker 2: Is episode one hundred and twelve sound?
Speaker 3: Why not? Well?
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's keep going with whatever you want.
Speaker 3: And it would it be one hundred to twelve or is it one hundred and twelve?
Speaker 2: I say one hundred twel.
Speaker 3: You said one hundred and twelve just before. Well, this is you're rolling your eyes. I mean, let's get rolling, I want to eat some cereal. So, as we always do on Serial Killers, here we will do a classic and a new and probably a bonus box because Andrew likes to eat three bowls of cereal per episode.
Speaker 2: You make it seem like it's all my doing. You are just as much a part of this. I am merely a passenger in your vehicle.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, thanks for getting in my vehicle. So which would you like to a windows? Because I tape them up with black papers and nobody can see in.
Speaker 2: The cereal stays fresher that way.
Speaker 3: All right, So let's head back to nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the year I was born, it was the.
Speaker 3: Year you were born, and that was also the year that this cereal was introduced. Okay, it's an offshoot from a very popular yellow boxed cereal corn Pops. No, so I'm sure you know what it is, cop boxed the Little Little round O's ceios. Yes, what variety can waffles cheerios? There's no such thing. Look, you're just gonna have to face the fact that we're not doing chicken and waffle cereal post. You could send us some if you want, but they're not on the shelves anymore so, and I'm not spending forty bucks for a box on eBay, but I will find you a box, all right. So let me go into my cereal sack a.
Speaker 2: Multi grain cheerios. They're my favorite.
Speaker 3: Multi grain cheerios.
Speaker 2: Team Cheerios were my favorite, but multi grain these are.
Speaker 3: Kind of similar, and I love it. They're similar.
Speaker 2: They're delicious.
Speaker 3: So oh shot out by the way to our buddy Raj again. Did you see the picture he sent of his kids all holding up boxes of cheerios? Yeah, I'm sure I'll mess their names up, but uh, Manisha, Son, Jean, and Ashana. Did I get it right?
Speaker 2: I think he did?
Speaker 3: They were so cute. There is by the way, Amy, My wife loves his kitchen. She's like, look the beautiful that kitchen is. She was so mad that our kitchens are great.
Speaker 2: I love the memes that we get. It's hysterical.
Speaker 3: I want Vasquez with the memes. Yes, he's out of control, but I love them. Now. You know what, the this doesn't really need a Scottie shake, but I'm gonna do it because there's different types of o's and they probably all like hang out with each other. While no one's eat eating them, So let's mix them up.
Speaker 2: Okay, what goes on in your mind? Is my question? Like you really think the cereal talks to each other?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, Like the whole grain ones are like hanging by themselves. They're all in a click.
Speaker 2: There's gentrification in the cereal bait.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, So now they're all mixed. Let's get our cups. I'm gonna we're gonna definitely have to get balls because I need the sound of like cereal pawing at the balls.
Speaker 1: I did you say powering? Yeah, we need some cereal powering in the bowls. I'm scart of ay, listen to you. I hope you'll pod me a big bowl. Well, I put down my Ciga say.
Speaker 3: Nineteen twenty called Andrew. All right, going into the refrigerator. We're gonna get our one percent dairy pure milk.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 3: I did say we're gonna have lactate for this episode, but I still have a full half gallon.
Speaker 2: Here, so my stomach is sticks a middle finger in your face.
Speaker 3: We'll probably have lactaids soon as soon as this friends out, Well, soon we'll get a sponsor. Maybe lack table. Send us coupons for free containers.
Speaker 2: I wish nice. Why do you still pour so much? It's we both have agreed.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: The next one do a small amount.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the next one you might need a full cup.
Speaker 2: Corn pops.
Speaker 3: We'll see corn pops. Would you stop?
Speaker 4: Chi?
Speaker 3: I have no idea, what's going on? Cut it out? All right? Here we go. Multi grain cheerios, General Mills.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I'm going to be controversial.
Speaker 3: Okay, four balls in a spoom. That is very controversial.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I taste a hint of honey nut cheios, just still a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: One of the grains that are in there. Yeah, I'm not loving Is it the rye? Maybe? I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: See that's where you're dumb, because it's a delicious cereal. I don't understand how you cannot like.
Speaker 3: This and say it's not delicious. But it's only lightly sweetened.
Speaker 2: Oh and the problem is, which is.
Speaker 3: Why we did this one first, because if we did the other ones first, woo you would this would have no taste.
Speaker 2: I love multi grain cheerios. I actually sometimes eat tube this.
Speaker 3: Wow. So four balls and a spoon from you? Yeah? Three balls from me. It's good. What do you make faces for?
Speaker 2: You are an idiot.
Speaker 3: Cereal has to be like astronomical to get five balls from me, and there's got to be some sort of marshmallow in it.
Speaker 2: It just is insane. It doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't rate this higher.
Speaker 3: They're good, but they it has like a blandness to it because healthy taste, yes, one of those.
Speaker 2: So the healthy taste is what you don't want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that loses points for me.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: Well, let's move on to the new one. Okay, but before we do that, we're gonna have to go back to the cereal graveyard.
Speaker 2: Is it Rocky Road Cereal?
Speaker 3: It is not Rocky Road Cereal. But back in I would say the mid to late eighties, Scary was not the only Jones enticing children on his bicycle. Give a listen, were you waiting for ice cream Jones and new ice cream cone Cereal named ice cream Jones?
Speaker 2: The kids, not ice cream cones. A crunchy new cereal for breakfast. The great taste of ice cream cones. I'll have vanilla, give me chocolate chip.
Speaker 4: They look like little ice cream cones.
Speaker 3: Taste like them the crunchy part of this nutritious breakfast by names ice cream jolts with the great taste of ice cream cones, ice cream cone Cereal. Why are your eyes like that?
Speaker 2: I there's there's really no words to how I'm feeling at the current moment.
Speaker 3: General Mills ice Cream Cone Cereal probably like eighty five eighty six or so, it came out, didn't last very long. They had a vanilla version and a chocolate chip version, and it was delicious. They were little cones and little balls, probably like you know, a coca pop.
Speaker 2: Teem like it's going to taste like dry dippin' dots.
Speaker 3: Well they don't have that anymore. This cereal has been gone for thirty years.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're not gonna whip out the ice cream Cereal.
Speaker 3: Well not that one now from General Mills. Drumstick Cereal. Oh god, what's the matter?
Speaker 2: I mean, I love drumsticks, but I feel like this is not going to be good.
Speaker 3: Well, this is not really like ice cream cone cereal back in the day version, it's you know, drumstick or the ice cream cones that you get in the freezer. Yeah, they're made by Nestley. I think so they're probably just using the name here Classic Vanilla because they do have a mint chocolate chip variety. You know how I feel about meta. So I left the mint on the shelf and this. For some reason, I've only been able to find this at Walmart. I haven't really seen this in Walmart is where you go for those types of sites supermarkets.
Speaker 2: Are you looking for something that is going to clog your arteries? Head to Walmart?
Speaker 3: Oh? Stop, we love Walmart.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. That's why I get my rice Krispy Trees.
Speaker 3: There are artery clogging foods everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's all right.
Speaker 3: So let's I mean, if you look at the front, it's in it. It's in a waffle cone bowl on.
Speaker 2: The chocolate covered.
Speaker 3: We need to get these. I would like to eat cereal out of these, and it appears as if they're almost Golden Graham type. What it's supposed to be is like broken up cones.
Speaker 2: Cone cereal pieces, ice cream flavored scoops, and cocoa nuggets.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So basically it looks like to me Golden Grahams with cocoa puffs. And vanilla cookie crisp cereal all together. That's what this looks like to me. On the front of the box. Let's see how it tastes.
Speaker 2: It's not a real drumstick, though the real drumstick has nuts on.
Speaker 3: It, not all of them really. They make plain ones, remember nutty buddies? Can I say what cone?
Speaker 2: What's really disturbing is the back of the box shows what it should look like.
Speaker 3: You put it all together.
Speaker 2: It's like a Frankenstein.
Speaker 3: All right, let's open and little you know what. Walmart also only carries the family socks box. I just wanted the little one. But there's I guess you know, so sorry. It has almost no smell whatsoever. It's very strange. All right, hold on, I'm being cautiously optimistic.
Speaker 2: This is Yeah. Cautiously optimistic is a good way to go into this one. I feel as well.
Speaker 3: Hey, it might be delicious. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I doubt it's chocolate toast crunch. And then that turned out to be one of my favorites. See, if you give it a try, anything can be good.
Speaker 3: All right, So General Mills Drumstick Cereal.
Speaker 2: I don't like the vanilla pieces. I can tell you that from now. It's a weird shape.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They look like a smaller cookie crisp. Yeah, it kind of tastes like ice cream.
Speaker 2: No, yes, no, you're wrong. Not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna eat it piece by piece. I'm gonna do the square piece right now. Hold on the square pieces of Golden Gram. Please eat one of those. You'll see Okay, square pieces of Golden Gram.
Speaker 2: Oh please, I'm fishing it.
Speaker 3: Definitely is same company Golden Gram, all right. Now the chocolate piece please, Okay, this is a cocoa puff. It's almost a cocoa puff. Yeah. Not, it's flavorful, same company cocoa puffs. Yeah, and whatever this thing is so.
Speaker 2: All the flavor comes from the vanilla.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed. And basically these are all General Mill cereals. And they just took pieces of and threw them in a box and call him drumstick.
Speaker 2: If I were the PR executive or the advertising or marketing person who was like, all right, General Mills, what does our cereal taste like? And they presented this to me, I'd be like, so you took pieces out of every other cereal.
Speaker 3: I just threw them together. Yeah, it's it's befit sitting in there, seriously that summer intern. He needs to go get back to college. Wait.
Speaker 2: I actually saw the funniest meme that I think explains a lot of what we eat now on this podcast, where it's like if Burger King has started putting burger patties and tacos, if Taco Bell has started selling French fries, if sour Patch now makes a cereal. It's how you know pot is legalized.
Speaker 3: Very true. So let's rate it. I will give it three balls. I think it's pretty good. I think it's three balls good, two bowls.
Speaker 2: In a spoon. All right, it's not bad, but it's not something I would reach for because there's too much going on in it. I don't really like that there's three different shapes. It throws me off.
Speaker 3: So you would like one shape that makes all the flavors together. All right, we'll have to get on.
Speaker 2: That when they give When General mills or posts or someone gets in contact with us and it is like your podcast has a smashing success. Would you like a cereal named after you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But I want to create it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Same? I mean, what would your cereal taste like?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there'd be marshmallows in it. Yeah, there's no doubt. I don't want it to be overly sweet, but there's gonna be. I think I want chocolate marshmallows. See I would use chocolate marshmallows as the basso, but so that means more marshmallows than cereal. I don't know what the cereal would be. I have to I'm gonna think about it.
Speaker 2: I feel like mine would be like a cinnamon toast crunch ish lucky charm mix.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotcha.
Speaker 2: I want like cinnamon charms.
Speaker 3: You know. Wow, that could be. That may have been a thing. Who knows. I'm gonna have to do some research. So this is talk.
Speaker 2: It sound like you're like about to do a thesis whether or not cinnamon charms existed.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely not.
Speaker 2: Let me go do my research. Okay, mister investigator, have a good time.
Speaker 3: This is the part of the show where we do a bonus box, but in this case, it's.
Speaker 2: A Serial Killers listener request.
Speaker 3: It actually is a listener request. It is this is a listener request. You want it, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna say it again. It's not it is it. It's not chicken and waffles.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what. This cereal was first introduced in nineteen fifty, derailing everything nineteen fifty, and it only had a mascot for a very short amount of time. This cereal first started out as corn pops, Love corn Pops, then sugar corn pops, Love corn Pops, then sugar pops, then sugar corn pops. Then they had to drop the sugar again, and it was corn pops, then just pops, and now corn pops. And from nineteen seventy nine this was the only mascot that they ever had to my knowledge, and his name do you know? Oh you weren't born? No big yellow What howdy?
Speaker 4: I'm big yellow and I'm so wild about Kellogg Sugar Corn Pops. I'll trade my big yellow bird from a bowl of those big yellow pops.
Speaker 3: Trade me that big yellow taste from my big yellow.
Speaker 4: Corn, my golf clubs, my car keys. Hold on, what do I need to eat? A bowl of those big yellow pops? Godwool, Kellogg Sugar corn Pop cereal plus toast, juice, milk and spread. He is a smart start to your day. Kellogg Sugar Corn Pops. Those big yellow pops are tops.
Speaker 3: All right? I don't know what that crazy cuckoo bird was in the back making sounds. This was just a weird seventies thing.
Speaker 2: What does big yellow look like?
Speaker 3: It looked like a text. He's got a big yellow hat, almost like curious George is the guy with the big yellow hat, a big yellow like Texas hat. But he's a short little dude, so sound round kinda. I don't know who thinks of these things. There must have been a biff in the seventies, a young man super high on something. We're in polyester pants, all right, So I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go down to the cereal sack corn pop.
Speaker 3: Look at that Kellogg's corn pops. I love corn pop sweet crispy crunch. By the way, did you notice how he said that sugar corn pops, along with toast and spread and juice and milk were a part of this complete breakfast. First of all, who's drinking orange juice with cereal?
Speaker 2: I don't know who's also drinking a second glass of milk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been over this before, and.
Speaker 2: The complete breakfast model is why Americans are so fat?
Speaker 3: But why toast?
Speaker 2: Because the standard was like are you eating fourteen thousand calories before you go to school.
Speaker 3: But I don't understand the toast with butter, but they say spread. They don't even want you to use real butter. They want you to use like country crops or whatever the hell margarine was in the seventies, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: This just feels like it's the most unhealthy, Like if I'm gonna eat toast with butter after eating corn pops?
Speaker 3: Are those to carbs? Yes? Oh my god, all right, so let's get in. They look a little more yellow than I remember.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I see them for a second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the matter.
Speaker 2: I think they made them smaller. Really, when I was a kid, I felt like they were huge.
Speaker 3: Well, gotta have my pops, you know. That was the big thing in the nineties at eighties too.
Speaker 2: So all right, should I start calling you doctor Scott.
Speaker 3: I'll take doctor B please, Doctor B. Yes, all right, we already know what these are going to taste like.
Speaker 2: So this is just you know, our corn pop's bad for you.
Speaker 3: Nothing is bad for you. There's no cereal that we eat that's bad for you.
Speaker 2: Look in moderation, everything's great, but not meth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think you should do method moderation. Here we go.
Speaker 2: What do you think I'm moving Bible, I'm dumb.
Speaker 3: Great. My favorite thing about corn pops is and I remember as a kid, I would love when like the center of it would get soggy but the outside state crispy.
Speaker 2: How do they do it?
Speaker 3: I you know what, because there's a little butt crack. There's a little butt crack in these also, so it allowsts for some of them milk to seep in and keeping the outside crunchy at the same time.
Speaker 2: It's amazing because it gets like instantly soggy in the center, but the outside sees crunchy and delicious.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: Well, we only have five balls though, so how many?
Speaker 2: I told you five?
Speaker 3: Bowl? You did?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I wasn't listening, clearly, When do you ever listen to me?
Speaker 3: Four balls for me? For Kellogg's corn pops. It's a classic, It's delicious, been around for almost seventy years. We all have you a big yellow, yeah, big yellow thanks for bringing us our pops. So thank you for listening to episode number twenty six. Yes of serial Killers follow us on Twitter please it's serial Killers PC and of course that's Cereals with a C because we don't kill people, so that would be with an.
Speaker 2: Ass right, you think him wagh too much into this?
Speaker 3: I am let's wrap it up.
Speaker 2: Andy, you're Zie Scotti Bee on Twitter. I'm Andrew Pug on Twitter. Oh and Instagram too, Yeah, and individuals. We're both on Instagram, but at the show screw that. Yeah, no Instagram for us. But if you liked this podcast, which we hope you did, and you're listening to us, make sure you hit the subscribe button. New episodes will come right to your phone. We love you. Thank you so much for listening. If you liked us that much, also, maybe leave us a review, tell us what you're thinking, what you want us to change, or just how much you want your friends to know how great this podcast is.
Speaker 3: Yes, please, and also remember we release new episodes on Mondays and Fridays. Keep an ear out for that. Did I just say keep an ear out, keep an eye out at whatever, just some body part keep.
Speaker 2: It out literally take your ear out out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and hold it there Mondays or Friday. And sometimes we'll pop a bonus episode in on Wednesdays, but maybe not because that's just too much listen.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's enough I mean, if we're going by your logic enough, it is never enough.
Speaker 3: But a serial emergency arises, we'll let you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, doctor B really is going out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go work on my thesis. We gotta go. Thanks for listening to Serial Killers, We love you, and until next time, crunch or pop No Crunch