Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Dy. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's that? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Yes once again once again? Yeah listen, they try to get rid of us.
Speaker 3: Here we are again. Did anybody really try to get rid of us? Oh? People try, they try, Yes, the takedown. Yeah listen.
Speaker 1: And that was actually so funny because that was actually my shady moment of the week. Like people literally listen to try to find things that we say to take us down. So this wasn't this week. This this came to my attention recently, but somebody recently told me, like, there's like at least one account that takes things that we say and reports on them on their YouTube page or their whatever whatever social media page that is it is, and tries to like drum up like, you know, hate.
Speaker 3: Us, hate for us.
Speaker 1: So this account, one of them was like, do you remember when I told the story about Corey opening the pringles container, tasting the pring on it with stale and put it back and target they literally took that, went to their YouTube and pretty much tried to like, you know, promote that. I'm like, you know, the one rob teaching their kids to be you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't know, yeah, like stuff like that, Like are they trying to get you banned from Target?
Speaker 3: I don't write, I don't know. They're trying to get me banned from life?
Speaker 1: And it's just like insane, right, So I'm just like I want to actually send like thoughts of peace to these people because it's just like for you to live your life worrying about what other people were doing and having so much hate.
Speaker 3: They said this person like hates.
Speaker 2: Me, or well they want the clicks they're obviously are they trying to make money? They get a certain amount of views, right, I mean one watch.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I really, I really don't know what their ultimate intention is.
Speaker 3: Is it for money?
Speaker 1: Is it because you like really really really hate people and you want to see them, you know, be torn down and fail or whatever, But whatever it is, it's like, you know, sometimes you need to release that negative toxicity in your in your life, in your brain and your mind and your hate that you have for other people and just release it.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I offer.
Speaker 1: Peace to that person or whatever I wish you peace, I wish you, you know, peace of mind, all that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like real shady, Like there's actually the shade.
Speaker 1: It's like people actually listen to our podcast not because they like us, but because they hate us and they.
Speaker 2: Want to take our words and use them against that. And I'm saying I'm here for that. Keep listening, I mean right, keep listening.
Speaker 1: But like realize, like we don't take ourselves too seriously, you know what I'm saying. So if I'm sitting here telling you the stories because I don't take myself or life too seriously.
Speaker 3: So if you want me to go to.
Speaker 1: Jail because my son target jail, yes, because my son opened a can of Pringles and realized they were stale and didn't want them. Because Pringle's been ficking up on the damn on their quality lately.
Speaker 3: Like you know, have at it.
Speaker 1: But actually just look inside yourself, ask why do you do this to other people?
Speaker 2: You're offering peace to them. I want them to get kicked in the butt. I want them to trip on the curb. I want them to lose their lunch, I want them to get a high in the face.
Speaker 3: I want a whole lot of things for them. Okay, not peace, have nothing to do with peace. Listen.
Speaker 1: It is nothing better than the feeling of, like releasing all types of all negative and toxic energy.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Like I just I remember years ago, when I was younger, the day that I actually said, you know what, I am not letting negativity or toxicity consume me. Ever, And there's a no better feeling than releasing that energy as soon as it comes your way. Yes, it's freeing, Yes, extremely freeing. So yes, you want them to get kicked in the butt. I want people to experience what it feels like to release toxic energy.
Speaker 3: Toxic. I love that negativity, negative thoughts.
Speaker 2: I love that, okay, okay, And that's why you're Robin Dixon exactly. Yes, okay, I love that. Well, that is your shady moment, whether you know it or not, and mine would be.
Speaker 3: So a couple things. I have a very nice thing to report.
Speaker 2: So a couple of weeks ago I talked about cal gave me a plant from my dad. I planted it myself, and I realized where I planted it, it wasn't getting a lot of sunlight. Even though the deer ate the leaves, and anybody who wants to shoot the deer have at it. An when people don't come after me. And so my landscapers were at my house and they were like planning new bushes all around.
Speaker 3: I said, you're about to do some lands gaving out here.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking of landscaper's. My landscaper wants to take you out on a date, the one that doesn't wash his body.
Speaker 3: What okay? And you're condoning this. I just I'm passing the message. You're being his wing woman. You like me, you like to go on dates, not with people who don't shower. I'm passing the message. That was it. Okay, if he showers, I told him I couldn't promise anything.
Speaker 2: If he showers for two weeks consecutively, I'll think about it. Okay, but it's got to be a good fourteen days okay, every day at least once, not twice once okay, okay, afterwork, right after yes, afterwork. He need's clean balls and penis.
Speaker 3: Okay. All right.
Speaker 2: So the landscapers came and I was like, you know what, guys, and oh, they were putting down new bushes because the deer had eaten up the other ones, and I was like, hey, guys, you know, I'm thinking I need this plant moved to be in more sun.
Speaker 3: Right. They said, okay, okay, we'll do it as a Japanese maple.
Speaker 2: They knew okay, from the stick with no leaves, they knew it was a Japanese mape. I was like, yeallow, is some badas I know. So they were at my house all day. Now, I don't know how you get charged for your landscaper. I get charged by every fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Legit, shit is expense. Yes, so every fifteen minutes is a fee fifteen Are you serious? Yes?
Speaker 2: They break it down in fifteen minute increments because if it's if it's just regular cutting the grass, sometimes that takes eight minutes because they zoom zoom and they're done. Okay, so it's fifteen minutes increment. Okay, Oh my god, Okay, that's insane. They're at my house for hours. They would lunch, they came back. They're at my house for hours. They moved the plant and good, this is not shady yet, not getting to the shady part yet. There are leaves growing from my plant. That means, okay, it's doing good.
Speaker 3: It's doing good.
Speaker 2: Okay, my dad is doing good in the ground. They were at my house. This was probably Tuesday. They were all, damn day, they're gonna give me a big ass bill.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's gonna be big. Thursday, these people came back again. I said, hell, no, no, you're not. I looked at it. I went outside. I looked at them.
Speaker 2: They came back just to like, quote cut grass. No fools, y'all did that two days ago. Get away from my house and don't charge me for this fifteen minutes and get away.
Speaker 3: They were shady. Try it. Yeah, oh yeah, they try it.
Speaker 1: They they try it because they gotta get it in because they're gonna have a nice time period when they're not doing any work, right, So that's why they got to like, well, they got a cutch of grass.
Speaker 2: As many times as they can, but they get it in with the leaves, the picking up of the leaves, which I need, so they get it in kind of like that way. But no, no, what we're not doing. We're gonna you're gonna double back. You're gonna twice a week meat, don't you twice a week?
Speaker 3: Meat?
Speaker 2: No, get out of here anyway, guys won a little more reminder that the Real Housewife as the Potomaca. We'll be back on November fifth, eight o'clock. It's going down.
Speaker 3: Ravo season eight, baby woo.
Speaker 1: How do you feel season eight? Just like I felt season one? Like actual, well not just like I felt. So season one was definitely like a.
Speaker 3: Like an unknown, like, yeah, we didn't really know what to expect, right right?
Speaker 1: We know now we know now, yes, but see, but it is similar season one because even every season I'm just like how did I get here? And I still eight seasons later and like how did I get here? Like it's very weird to me, but it has very much become a part of my life. Yes, even though it's like a part of my life that I don't, don't let it define my life. Yeah, and I'm still you know, grateful for it, but I'm still also like how did I get here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can say for you you have settled in, like you're like, because for like six seasons, Robin was one foot in, one foot out, like she was like I'm out.
Speaker 3: Here, I can't do this, this is so horrible.
Speaker 2: But like you've like settled in. You're like, Okay, yeah, I guess I'm on TV.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I guess I've now accepted, like, Okay, this is what I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is yes, this is actually what you do, and you have the tax bracket to show. Right, Okay, moving on, I want to talk about a couple of things that are on television. Okay, well, well, actually this is not on television. Oh, this is social media. I have to say that I've been being I've been entertained by Shannon Sharp and Chad Ocho Cinco.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've come across them. I've only crawled across from one time. So what are they?
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 2: Called I think it's the the The podcast is called Nightcap maybe, okay, maybe, but it's like Shannon. You know, Shannon Sharp has his own I guess show, so this is separate from that. Yeah, And I think he had Todd. I mean I had Chad as a guest, and I think it like really went well because they battle each other. And so I think this is like a reincurr thing I've seen. And the only reason why I really know because the guys have on different clothes. I've seen maybe five clips with different clothes those different occasions.
Speaker 3: They are so freaking funny. Like they're they're a good duo.
Speaker 2: They are amazing, so I want to like recommend them. I can't figure if I'm team Shannon or team chat right.
Speaker 3: But why don't be team either one?
Speaker 2: Because they're both telling each other to shut the f up? Yeah, so you know you want you want to like root for one, right o?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 2: They're both full of like they both are talk about like how amazing they are, right, and they're like trying to battle each other about how amazing they are, which is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Right, But are they so the topic mostly sports?
Speaker 2: It's sports, it's women, it's just what you do on an average day.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of like what we do, yeah, minus sports. Yeah, they're funny guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And guys are hilarious to watch, like debates, yes, because they go who hard.
Speaker 2: Power. But what I do like about guys going back and forth out outside of women because we don't know how to do this. They listen and they talk about what they've just heard as opposed to talking about as supposed to name calling.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guys they don't have to throw insults in they literally stick to the topic.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And they are very passionate about their topic, right, and they go they can go back and.
Speaker 3: Forth and back.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because I because this happens a lot in my house with Wand and his his buddies and his friends and his brothers and cousins and all that. So they start off and they're like strongly debating a topic, right, and it's usually sports centered related to sports. And the longer they go, the more they're saying the same thing.
Speaker 2: Oh and right, they're not really debating anymore because they agree, yes, yes, I'm sitting there like y'all are these same things, and y'all are still going back and forth and arguing like you're debating.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is so insane to me. Yeah, it's so funny. Yes, and they don't. You know, guys, they don't.
Speaker 2: They if they are mad each other, they'll make up in like seventeen seconds. What.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny. Like a lot of my personality and the way that I handle things is because I have literally been around guys my entire life. Yeah, like between my brother, my you know, Wan, his teammates, his brothers, his younger cousins like all, and I've literally like been around this though, like all the time, and so when I'm dealing with women and they can't, it's like I'm more like straightforward, yes, and they can't handle it. And then and then it you know, it's like you know, and guys crack on each other, like they don't throw all the insults, but they just joke and crack on each other. It's like, it's hard for me to deal with women who are sensitive to like straightforwardness and like joking. Right, so they try to say your jokes that funny, right, right, you're bullying, You're being a bully, being a bully.
Speaker 3: Or stuff like, and it's like, no.
Speaker 1: I'm actually just doing with the what I'm used to, like what I've what I'm used to all the time.
Speaker 3: We need to retire that word bully needs to be retired. It really does. Let it go. It does ship. It was something I wanted to say. Okay, so as you're thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of podcasts, Yes, we just did a little, a little an interview with little Duval, Yes, who has a podcast coming out. It's not released yet, but we just want to share the experience with you all because and.
Speaker 2: If y'all don't know who he is he don't have time to go back and forth with you. He's living his best life, right, Okay, Yes, he's I don't know what would you call what You wouldn't call him a singer or a rapper's he's more of a comedian.
Speaker 3: He's a comedian. Yeah, he goes on tour. Oh okay, he's more of a comedian. Okay.
Speaker 1: And then you know now he has like a strong inner Instagram presence. He did you know that little that viral song in the dance?
Speaker 2: Right? Was it the song to the to Drake's song, Oh the dance, key key, yeah dance?
Speaker 3: How did he make that dance viral? He started?
Speaker 2: Then we're gonna come back to Drake in a minute, because Drake just dropped some new songs.
Speaker 3: Our new album, and we're gonna we're gonna get to that. But yes, what podcast?
Speaker 1: So, so, he has a new podcast coming out it's yet to be named. However, we were a guest on it, and he's he's a fellow Black Effect Network talent. Shout out yeah black So we were on the podcast, and so when we start off, he's kind of like he's like, yeah, I don't know who y'all.
Speaker 3: Are and we was like, we don't know you either.
Speaker 1: So he's like, so, y'all introduce y'allselves, tell me and tell me about yourselves.
Speaker 3: He smoked like eighteen blunts the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yes, So it's so funny because you know, we just we were just being ourselves, doing our thing, and by the end of the interview, he's like, man, I like y'all, y'all hood y'all like talking to y'all hang out.
Speaker 2: Actually, he said he would hang out with Robins. Yeah, he would have with me, right, and that's fine. I'm fine now. He said, Robin's cooler than me. He would like to hang out with both of us, but Robin's more laid back, right, which she is.
Speaker 3: But then he understood why you sell and our friends. Yes, because you need because we balance each other. Yeah, you need, you need to combo. Yeah, but we will let y'all know when it or just be looking out for when that episode drops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was just cool because it's like, it was cool to talk to someone who has absolutely no idea who we are and we're just literally talking to him about I mean, we could we get juicy and spicy, Yes, you know, advice relationship stuff, sex, whatever, and it's just really cool just to talk to someone and they just they form their own opinion of us based on their interaction with us. Not We didn't talk about the TV show nothing because he ain't never watching, He don't know nothing about.
Speaker 3: It or cared. He doesn't care at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what a show on Netflix that I want to tell y'all about, because you know y'all always asking what am I watching? And it kind of caught me off guard because I had my own speaking of like prejudging. I had my own prejudgment of these people, one person in particular. Anyway, the Beckham story that's on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: I haven't watched yet, but you saw that as advertised or whatever. David Beckham. Hm, he is a mate sing and I mean, yes, he looks good and all that, but like he's a bad mamma jama.
Speaker 3: Really what he had.
Speaker 2: To go through in order to not not in order to get to where he is now, but just like what he went through.
Speaker 3: You have to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, because because this was before social media, this was before people could kind of bully you through typing things. He was getting spitting face he's walking through.
Speaker 3: Why because the soccer fans are so hardcore.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he did like one move in one game and he got red carded.
Speaker 3: It read something he had.
Speaker 2: To leave the game. That means they have to play one man down, right, and the entire country spin on him. Right. They were hanging up effigies of like David Beckham dolls like he couldn't go outside, right. I don't doubt I've ever talked about it, just because I can't. I wasn't eating, I wasn't sleeping. It took a toll on me that I never even knew myself. Okay, So that's actually not who I prejudged. I prejudged his wife, Okay, Okay, that's Victoria Posh Spice. And I never really like I guess I didn't know enough about her, but I kind of thought she was a little snootye yeah, distant aloof all the things. Like I got a different a different view of her. I understand her much better. I like them together, okay, And I'm happy that they've, you know, been able to maintain a family unit for so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I love me some David Beckham. Okay, he is the main that is.
Speaker 1: So funny that you say that, because I just went out to lunch with some girlfriends over the weekend and we were going around just talking about, you know, the guys that would get the Hall passes or whatever.
Speaker 3: They said David Beckham. Yeah, they were like, oh that David. You know what.
Speaker 2: I never put him on my list, really, no, yeah, but I think I would have got about him. But I do remember years ago being like, oh yeah, now he I didn't know he's part owner of that Miami were a messy place. Yes, yeah, which is that's an amazing end to his story, right, yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of Netflix, I'm gonna need for this strike to end. Why because now like there's you know, no new it's end. It ended though, didn't it. No, the writer strike ended, okay, so the actor strike has not. So now that the writer strike is over, okay, we need the actors strike to end so that we can get some like new American created filmed content because I don't know if you've noticed on Netflix now it's like all these like it's like new shows, but when you watch them, they're actually dubbed or whatever. Yes, they're foreign shows and they write they dubbed the English language over it, and it's just it's so distracting to me. Yeah, I'm like watching their lips move and they're totally not lining up with.
Speaker 3: The Yeah with the words.
Speaker 2: Somebody told me that you could change your settings and get the English version, like you know, subtitled okay, way you can.
Speaker 1: Hear it, so you would listen to them in their language and then just read the subtitles. Yeah, yeah, you can probably do that. But for me, I'm just like, okay, and it there's just so many more of those shows on now, and it was like I had the aha moment. I was like, Oh, that's why all these here, because they don't have any new contents put out because of the strikes.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're coming back until January, right, the strike.
Speaker 1: You don't think the strike will be over until January or so? No, I mean I think they're trying to negotiate every day. Oh really yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the writers like the ones that can get back to work, they're the ones that work on like, you know, the the talk shows and stuff. Yeah, but as far as like, I don't know, I guess writers can write scripts and stuff, but as far as anyone acting, it's still not happening.
Speaker 3: Switching gears.
Speaker 2: Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when we had an alert, a national alert. Do you know how any people got busted in the jails. They got busted in jails. They got in the Amish in the Amish Oh really country, not Amash country, in the Amish Land, Yeah, Amish country.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: There was so many of them that had a phone and they're swearing that they don't have any electricity, need modern tech.
Speaker 3: Lollie and y'all all all.
Speaker 2: Y'all's phones went off with the hilarious that is insane, that's so funny. What was weird to me was it was not timed. I mean, I don't want to say it was not timed synchronized. It was not synchronized, like I was like two minutes after somebody. I was talking to somebody on the phone and they were like two minutes before me, and then mine went off and then.
Speaker 3: So it was like a wave. They did in a wave, I think.
Speaker 2: So it was staggered, or maybe it was per Maybe it's based on your cell phone, your carrier, yeah, could have been your carrier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny. I read that.
Speaker 1: When I saw that the inmates were getting busted, that was hilarious.
Speaker 2: That was like, so then what happens do you have to go to the to the dungeon when you get to just confiscated. I mean they probably just confiscated and that's it. But do you get like penalized for you talk to the already in jail?
Speaker 3: What more do you need? Nothing else? Okay?
Speaker 2: So how excited are we about? Because this is like now fall. It's like the weather's changing. If you come to Robin's house, she has now like you know, Robin's house is very decorated.
Speaker 3: She is missed. Decor's not not not like that? No, you like you like decor? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like outside she has like a nice pretty fall read yes, and like yes door green or yeah my outdoor decor yes, and planters with nice it's very nice. You took a picture and post it?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, yeah, I'm not done either, you know, I want to like add some more around it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I went to Trader Joe's and I I hadn't gone there in a while, and I was like, oh man, they got all the pumpkin stuff out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was I was with Angel, I was literally no a door. I was literally throwing in the basket anything that said pumpkin, pumpkin bread mix and oh my god, pumpkin oatmeal, and I mean pumpkin anything. I'm just throwing in the basket. I can't stand pumpkin anything.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I loved all the pump pumpkin spice stuff. Yes, half of this shit tasted horror. I was so mad at my no surprise, no pumpkin seed bark that tasted like dog food like it was horrible.
Speaker 3: What was I thinking? No surprise.
Speaker 1: I think the only thing that probably tastes good to people is those pumpkin spice lattest Yeah from Starbucks.
Speaker 3: I've never had one, well and I refuse really yeah.
Speaker 2: But okay, so there. But there is tat have you been? A Tata is a bakery and it's not a bakery, it's like a restaurant in it was won by me. There's some in DC and every seasonally they have this like lemon pound cake. That's amazing, that sounds good, it's amazing, I approve. Okay, and if you get a piece to give you a big, huge thick slice, okay, so good sounds good, but seasonally, when it's this time of year, they changed it to a gingerbread cake, which is just it's not good.
Speaker 3: Gross. It's I don't want to say gross. I want to say, it's not my cup of tea.
Speaker 1: No, it's like to the spices for the fall, like the pumpkin the gingerbread.
Speaker 3: It's too fragrant, you know what I'm saying. I don't know. You know, you feel like you're eating perfume kind of. Yeah, that's never good.
Speaker 1: Like I don't like I don't like all that stuff, sweet potato pie.
Speaker 2: You don't like sweet potato. No, I don't like nutmeg. Okay, well you like eggnogs like all that stuff. Yeah, that's not out yet, it's coming.
Speaker 1: Up, it's coming. But that's along the same lines. Really, I think of like ginger, gingerbread and nut and eggnog down like they go together.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, any of that. I want to switch gears again because we going back to Drake. So Drake has some new music out, yes, and it's dog shit?
Speaker 3: Is that what it's called? What it is?
Speaker 1: It's called all something all the dogs, but the music is dog shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now this caveat disclaimer Robin's a Drake fan, I'm not okay, And if Robin says.
Speaker 1: It's dog shit, yes, this is terrible. I mean, okay, you know me, I'm the one. I need to give it a little bit more time. I don't know how I felt about Beyonce Renaissance when it first came out.
Speaker 3: Yes, that had to grow on me.
Speaker 1: Okay, but this here is a different situation. He should have left all of the songs. Yeah, almost all of them in the draft folder.
Speaker 3: Like okay.
Speaker 2: So my kids brought it to my attention that he has new music out, and so you know, a door was especially was like.
Speaker 3: I listened to all of it. Some of it is fire.
Speaker 2: She starts telling me all the collapse that he has and then she was like and adonysis on it and she was like, you know, mom, like yeah no, but like I'm not gonna talk about it by his kid. So I said, what, Like his kid is like ten, right, six, six years old?
Speaker 3: Six? So I said, let me hear that part. So she pulled it up and he was like, my man, my man, my man, my man, my man, my man, my man. And I'm not making fun of him, but I'm making fun of him.
Speaker 1: What in the world, right, So is that Drake trying to be like Beyonce? You know, Beyonce had Blue Ivy. This is the first thing that I thought, and that's what I said to a door. I was like, he's trying to keep up with Beyonce Jay, Right, I mean, I'm going to assume or when you're an artist, that you're in the studio, and sometimes you bring your kids to the studio, right, because so they can experience, or because you don't have babysitter or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's so.
Speaker 1: Donna's probably got on the microphone, you know, just playing around, right, And then Drake thought.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be cute. Let me put this in a song. But it's like I think he wanted to establish a trust fund for him. So he like, because you know, he's not going to get money, he's not going to get paid for that portion.
Speaker 3: But that but the songs are trash, so he's not going to get paid that much. Not the song is trash.
Speaker 2: You heard it first, Drake said, your ship is trashy?
Speaker 3: How you tell it? On okay? Wait?
Speaker 1: Did you see how it's so funny? Like people were like criticizing Drake's album and then he's like literally getting in his feelings and going on Instagram and posting stories about the people and stuff like.
Speaker 2: Dude, dude, Him and Joe Button went back and forth and I don't know if y'all know who he is, but he has like a podcast show. Joe said it was trash, and then like Drake was like upset with him and like went to his DMS and was kind of like why you have to say that, Like like, but then trash Joe, Like you live in an apartment, I have a mansion, I have planes, and.
Speaker 3: You don't even have a scooter. Like it was just all this nonsense.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if we went at everyone to criticize us.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm coming for all the people that are mad about something that I said on de Reil Housewives.
Speaker 3: I'm coming for y'all. That's so insane to.
Speaker 2: Me, Like I'm on, I'm a DM, y'all come like, come on, Drake, Yeah, you cannot sit here and be worrying about what people are saying. Then he said he was going to retire it, right, and you know what everybody said, good if this mat which you're going to be putting out, then good. Yeah, Okay, I need just rewind. What's the name of the CD or the something like All the Dogs. It's called all the Dogs something. Hold on, let me look it up. And Robin said his dog shit, Yes, and it is dogshit. Let me say, hold on a Drake, it is poor Drake for all the Dogs. Oh and the album cover is like maybe his maybe his son drew that. So now we have to give him what is it? Vocal credit and artistry credit to Adonnas. Yes, okay, there are twenty three songs on this like why my Man, My Man, My Man. That's gonna be the name of this episode. We're gonna get so much trouble for trashing a six year.
Speaker 1: Old, but we're not trashing six years we're trashing the father's decision to put yes a random you know audio track.
Speaker 3: Okay, So in twenty twenty seven, Robin, there will be hotels in outer space. It will not be according to whom according to this article right here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's gonna so if there is hotels and the first ever hotel in space is set to open in the year twenty twenty seven. Okay, what so if this happens, ever, would you want to stay?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: In outer space. No a bed and breakfast, no Airbnb. No you're not going.
Speaker 3: It's not happening. Okay, it's not happening. Okay are you sure? Yes? Okay?
Speaker 2: Because the Space Safe Station will have room for twenty eight occupants at a time. And they said that Hilton will design, you know, Hilton hotels. They will design the interior of the space station and it's going to be a luxurious experience.
Speaker 1: Where is it just floating around in outer space? Is it docked somewhere?
Speaker 3: I think it's it's on the float. It's floating. It's the Orbital Assembly.
Speaker 4: A company called Orbital Assembly is behind the development. Like most luxury hotels, there are showers and beds and restaurants. But unlike most hotels, the views of the Solar System are just beyond belief.
Speaker 1: Telp them get out of here with this, Like, use your money, seriously, use your money somewhere else, right, okay, Like there's so many people, so many communities, countries, causes that need money. We don't need a floating hotel.
Speaker 3: In outer space. No, we don't. But guess who's building this? I guess Elon Musk. Who is this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, we're gonna talk about Elon Musk. Okay.
Speaker 2: So the person that's building this, I would assume that they have to work with NASA maybe, but Hilton has something to do with it. This is ridiculous because they're going to outfit it and make it look very hotel ish.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Speaking of people that need money, Soldier.
Speaker 3: Boy would be on that list.
Speaker 2: Soldier Boy was in debt to the ir rest or something like five hundred thousand dollars something something crazy. Anyway, there was a lawsuit that his ex, he like his ex sued him.
Speaker 3: Y'all know who Soldier Boy is. Yeah, Soldier Boy. Well watch me.
Speaker 1: What's what remind us of the song you You?
Speaker 3: You? Is that the only song? Though? One hit? Wonder? No, he's got several songs.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he he said he started rapping, like Soldier Boy takes wants to take credit for everything. He started rapping. He invented it, he invented everything.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Soldier Boy has to pay his ex five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, he doesn't have the money to pay her.
Speaker 2: So you know what the judge said, she could do what come to his house and pick up whatever is worth value to five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, he had like a.
Speaker 2: Lambeau, a bends, some gold chains, some diamonds.
Speaker 3: She cleared him out, really cleared him out.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this a baby mama? Why is she getting money? They weren't were they married?
Speaker 2: I know they weren't married, So I don't support this.
Speaker 3: This is the judge doesn't like soldier boy.
Speaker 2: And the judge said, clear his ands out, okay, And she came and took it all. Her name is Kayla Wires, I think, okay, and she came and took it off. So a chain worth ten thousand, black cardier, watch worth eight She took three cars value at two hundred and fifty thousand dollars eighteen thousand dollarsand jewelry fifty thousand dollars in stock.
Speaker 3: This is insane, Yes, that is insane. But what is it for?
Speaker 2: She he owed her some money, and so I listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know the particulars.
Speaker 2: All I know is he didn't made a judge man, because that judge said right clean hiss. That is literally taken him to the cleaners.
Speaker 3: That's insane. That's I feel sorry for him. I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not he did not win. No, no, no, he needs to try to make another one hit wonder Oh Bobby you.
Speaker 3: Yes, because we haven't heard from a long time, so you need to get back in the studio. He wasn't he bragging about how Richie was at one point? Yes, yeah, he has more mo than anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he invented rapping, yes and speaking. And he hates Drake by the way, because remember he went to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: And he was like Drake.
Speaker 2: Oh, because because Charlemagne tried to say that he stole Drake's lyric or something right, and he was like Drake, Drake, oh that, And he had on he might need to beg Drake to put him on his album now, yes, yes, And he had on this like Gucci headband and it was like he had worn it fifty thousand times.
Speaker 3: It was a mess. I am the worst. Okay, that's how hor I mean.
Speaker 1: I feel like we see the story so much, the fall from Grace or you know, the entertainers, rappers, sports athletes whatever that. You know, I have a whole bunch of money and then it's just like gone, gone like that, It's gone, Like I hate that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So back on very important news that we need to know about. Mario Lopez is very upset.
Speaker 2: Why because the California governor, who I love, he was a cutie buy who you know, might be my hall pass.
Speaker 3: He could get it. He signed a Skittles band.
Speaker 2: He's requiring companies to remove harmful ingredients in three years from Skittles, from hot Cheetos, and from a couple of food.
Speaker 3: Coloring whatever it's it's a certain one.
Speaker 2: It's called red dye number three, potassium bromate, bromated vegetable oil and pro for our beans.
Speaker 1: Okayans, How can the California governor regulate that? Oh he's saying, you can't sell it in the state of California. No, you can't sell it in state of California. So all of these things are banned in thirty countries, oh, outside of the United States. So the majority of food and the rest of the world, yes, doesn't have all this bullshit.
Speaker 3: Cleaner, healthier, Yes.
Speaker 2: When I went to Italy this summer, I ate pasta every day right like e, morning, noon and night.
Speaker 3: And I lost.
Speaker 2: Weight then gain No way, I lost weight. Ry that should tell us something. Yeah, yeah, I brought back the pasta.
Speaker 3: I brought some there. Oh, I had it shipped over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only pasta that I'm gonna eat, because you know, you brought that much back. I brought back enough, okay, and I don't really eat pasta off oh okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm just trying to figure out why we got to wait three years in order to take it, take these things, or get these things clean up.
Speaker 1: Right, right, because if they're well, okay, when you were over in Italy or wherever you were, did they sell skittles anywhere?
Speaker 3: Did you notice?
Speaker 2: So they're candy what we would call candy. They don't necessarily have like ours, and if you do buy it, it tastes different. Yeah, they don't have that like sugary sugary sweet stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to really cut back on the sugar anyway. Like sugar is addicting, it's cancer causing, Like it's so bad for us. So I'm not mad at the governor. He's trying to actually save some lives.
Speaker 2: I agree with what he's doing, but like it shouldn't just be in California. So right, only place we're gonna get clean food is in California, right, But I am here for a skittle.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's trying to that, Maybe he thinks that'll make people want to move to California.
Speaker 3: Okay, but we want, we need for him to be the president. But that's a whole nother story.
Speaker 2: So like, so do we just take the red the red skittles out and we eat the red?
Speaker 3: I don't think the red.
Speaker 2: Listen, and I want you to know, my kids love some flame of hat cheetos, right, they are here.
Speaker 3: From Doritos and all of that. They say that those those processed foods are so horrible, so bad. Yeah, like we're not meant to consume that. We're not. No, you're not. Like I mean, think about.
Speaker 1: Like humans back when caveman when the cavemen started, they didn't have all these chemicals and stuff, like our bodies aren't meant to.
Speaker 3: But they didn't last that long. How long did a cave man?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: But that's because they didn't have like medicine I'm saying. So they would like die from like an infection and stuff. Okay, you know what I'm saying, Like, Okay, they would cut their cut their arm and stuff, and then they would get infected and they die.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now we have medicine. But our food is horrible and processed. Yes it is, and humans people aren't supposed to be eating all this processed food. But what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 3: Well? I don't know. Do you eat stuff like that like Dorito's have tried to like totally cut back.
Speaker 2: I really have, because I if it's in my house, it's for my kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah occasionally I do, but not really.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't eat much, but I will say, like my guilty Oh yeah, what's your food pleasure? Like junk food is our Oreo cookies and Dorito's.
Speaker 3: Which kind of dirido.
Speaker 1: So I'm like a pretty just basic nacho cheese one. Yeah, I was turned onto the spicy nacho ones, which are good too, but I like just the classic red bag nacho cheese to rito. And then for Oreos they have to be double stuff.
Speaker 3: Because you want all the nastiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want all the you know, they make like a triple stuff and a mega stuff.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that's just gross too much? Yeah, that's too too much. Okay, so you're married, I have a robbin married question. Actually this was on the internet. I want to know, so telling your husband the same sentence ten days in a row, just to have him say, you definitely never told me that.
Speaker 3: Is that a thing? Yes, I don't want to say ten days in a row, right, but definitely there have been.
Speaker 1: It happens quite frequently, okay, where we have a conversation, you know, maybe a couple of times, and then a couple of days later he's like, oh, no, you ain't telling me that.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know about that. Why didn't you tell me?
Speaker 2: But yes, oh yeah, okay, oh yeah, So that happens with my kids a lot.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah, I'll tell them something. They'll tell me something.
Speaker 2: Oh they say they told me something they didn't and then they're and I'm like what. And then the next day they mentioned it and I'm like, what arey'all talking about? And they were like, mom, we told you yesterday.
Speaker 3: Right. So sometimes I think the kids do tell us stuff.
Speaker 1: We're like scrolling Instagram and we're not quite paying attention.
Speaker 3: To what they're saying. Oh so it's in one air and out the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're kind of like, uh huh, I stop talking like cause we're like, but I need to see what's going on in the shade room.
Speaker 2: So do you need do you sit with I mean, do you tell one like look like, hey, you really don't listen to me.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, I said, yeah, I'm like, you don't you don't listen, you're not paying attention or whatever.
Speaker 3: But then sometimes he gets me because you're not paying attention. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, But like I'll literally so say, say he calls me right and I'm like, oh, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Where you're coming from?
Speaker 1: And then he tells me and then we talked about something blah blah blah. And then I'll be like, where are you where are you coming from? And it'd be like I just told you. I'm like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What you said, and that is that's weird. So it goes both ways, that's for sure. It does.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lot of times when we talk, we're like distracted. I think it's a difference between like talking to each other in passing, right, you know, when you're like on the phone and you're driving, you're going somewhere, you're cooking, you're doing something, versus like sitting down at the dinner table and having like a direct conversation real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, that's very true.
Speaker 1: So or talking to them while they're watching sports like that's.
Speaker 3: Oh you can't talk to him? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, But if you're looking at social media, Eli Musk said x X will be a place of uplift, mint and a positivity. It's soon going to morph into a place of positivity and meaningful conversation.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, Okay, when does he think this's gonna happen? And how the most toxic.
Speaker 2: Platform ever is all of a sudden going to turn into a place where it's meaningful positivity.
Speaker 3: Well, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Didn't he say that he was going to start charging for Twitter or just anyone to have a Twitter account?
Speaker 2: Well he knows he can't do that, right because no one will be on it, right and then while then everyone's just going to go over to threads? Yeah, does he that Instagram? That's this boy, That's that's why they want to fight.
Speaker 3: What happened to the fight? They were supposed to fight in the ring? Right? I don't know? Yeah, they're getting ready. So wait, are you on threads? I'm on threads? Did you use it? No? I never use it? Do you have a I don't not on threats.
Speaker 2: I have have my own accounts, I have my name, but I just in my mind. I'm like, how could Elon must think that Twitter is going to be a place with positive thoughts, where it's meaningful, where something would somebody would like read something on Twitter and they like it challenges them to be a better.
Speaker 3: Person all that? Like, what are you talking about? Who is?
Speaker 2: Because they were still calling me like the most horrible person alive, Like they're trashing me constantly.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I don't know what he's thinking. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, I love the thought of that, but how are you going to make that happen? He's a liar in his pants on I'm going to require a ton of regulation, all right. So we have a couple of is it reasonable or is it d This is from Kimberly Douglas and she says, Robin, is it reasonable or shady for my mother in law of three months to tell me that I should dress up for a casual family wedding that is serving barbecue food at a.
Speaker 3: Community center.
Speaker 2: When I have already told her that I was going to wear a more casual dress. I am thirty six years old and thirty three weeks pregnant. I do not think it's her place. But what do you think I love your podcast. By the way, it's Kim from New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mother in law needs mind her damn business, right, mother in law? Oh, mother in law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, mother in law, mind your business. I'm gonna wear what the hell I want to wear? Yes, okay, yes, And I don't give a shit what you say. So yes, and I thank god she told us it was a barbecue at the community it's a community center.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 2: You can wear your dunks, okay, a hoodie and whatever you want to wear.
Speaker 3: Okay, be comfortable.
Speaker 1: Right, and you're thirty three weeks pregnant. A little more pregnant by telling me.
Speaker 2: She probably had a baby at this point, right, So like, yes, tell mother in law mine to business.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is very shady.
Speaker 1: So this mother in law is shady for telling you to dress up, because I feel like she's secretly telling you.
Speaker 3: She doesn't like the way you dress. It's this secret. No, it's not a secret. It's not a secret. She's throwing you some hints.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like daughter in law and who's we need more information? Whose wedding is this?
Speaker 3: Right? So maybe it's like her other child.
Speaker 2: Or and Kimberly, are you the bride in the wedding, because if you the bride and walking down thirty three weeks pregnant girl, you're wrong for that. So yeah, where whatever you want? So this is from Jacob may Berry. Okay, dear Robin Injazel, you guys are so much fun and love y'all. I want your advice for if my situation is reasonable or shady. So for just over a month, I was saying a guy I met online, I'm gay. So you know where grinder? Grinder is gay? Yes, okay, all right, I mean that's like the only gay site. Probably not, but I think grinder. Okay, fine, that's like.
Speaker 3: The one that that's the most common one. Okay.
Speaker 2: It was going really well, and I was starting to catch early onset feels for the man. We were talking every day and I always told him like, wow, I have not even found one red flag, to which he replied, maybe I don't have any. Fast forward a few weeks. A few more weeks and I went to my hairdresser's house, one of my best friends, and I was giving her the rundown. I decided to bring up bring it up. Since it's been going really well. I usually like to wait a little bit before I tell people about this stuff. I told her how good he is, and she asked for a picture. I know what this is going, right, I showed her and she goes, that's my friend's boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Maybe okay. I was obviously in disbelief and shocked.
Speaker 2: She summoned her friend that she lives with, who also confirmed that it was him. I obnestly felt like shit for a number of reasons. My hairdresser then tells me she needs to tell her. I said, wait, let me talk to him first so I can give him the chance to do it. No, no, no, this man's doing the most. I didn't want to out him. I don't know how the girlfriend would react. They showed me his true identity and his real name, and when I went to stark him, he had blocked me.
Speaker 3: What Oh, this is getting good, this is juicy. Okay, he was thinking ahead, right.
Speaker 2: So I made a new Instagram account with a fake name as the user and decided to message him. Hey it's Jacob, I guess with a K or I don't know, maybe this is a fake name he gave us.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Hey it's Jacob. Message me. It's urgent.
Speaker 2: He replied straight away and then started messaging me on the fake account, where I confronted him and he did not it all. I said, I'm telling you so you can sort it out before you my friend does, and that had the potential to be explosive. He denied, denied, denied, So my headdresser called and told her yes, girl power stick together. Okay. The girlfriend reached out to me to get the deats and receipts. Not long after, this is the best juiciest story, guys. Okay, not long after, we were on the phone together and somehow trauma bonded I guess them, and they were besties. He was denying everything to her, even though the proof was there. We said we would keep it between us for his sake and if he's confused, we're just.
Speaker 3: There to help him. Okay, that's weird. Okay, I was surprised. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was surprised. She was on the same page as me when he wronged us both. But we're still trying to help him and protect him. He denied all, saying, all I want is to to be with.
Speaker 3: You, saying that to the woman.
Speaker 2: He saying that to a woman to the girlfriend, and said I'm making up everything we see right through the bullshit, and she broke up with him. Yes, okay, all right, this is not neither reasonable.
Speaker 3: Or shady, Like, what's the question here? All right?
Speaker 2: So she was happy with me to be friends with him and try to help express himself, help him express himself, and help explore himself to see what he wants. And the three of us all ended up meeting at a festival about two months later after all this happened. What It was awkward in the beginning, but we just ignored the elephant in the room and we were just dancing. I can't I'm done, y'all. Okay, wait, wait, wait, there's more. Now we're in a weird sort of situation where some people think we're a throuple because of how we handled it. We're definitely not, and everyone thinks it's weird, but we're just trying to be supportive. He is a bit crazy, so he goes all off at us, and we kind of started to distance. She was getting twenty calls a minute from from black numbers, so she had to change it. He isn't taking the help, and he's not listening to us. It's always the heavily tatted straight guys. No one would expect, not you putting it out there that he is heavily tatted. Okay, is it reasonable or is it shady the way we handled? Should we just leave it alone?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: We tried so hard for so long. Love from Sydney. Sorry it was a bit long. Oh this thing warned me out, y'all. I want out twisted turn. Okay, So the girlfriend and the gay friend, yes, end up being friends, right, and now they're trying to help the guy who closeted straight gay man, Yes, who's heavily tatted.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of tats. So it's a reasonable, shady way handed.
Speaker 1: I actually think they were very reasonable, Yeah, because they were extremely yes, extremely reasonable. They were trying to protect him, trying to make him feel better about himself. They realized that he wasn't being honest with himself or with his friends, and that there's some deep down issue that he's not ready to deal with. And they still kind of loved him and tried to help him and try to teach him acceptance and all of that. Yeah, I think what they did was actually really really reasonable. And then I think, you know, it sounds like they've kind of cut him off, right, And I think that's reasonable too, because at some point, if he's not willing to be honest, or if he's you know, lashing out in anger or whatever, it might be like you all have done everything that you can.
Speaker 3: Yes, you've showed him. This is beyond reasonable.
Speaker 2: Yes, because shady would be let's set him up, okay, right, let's and one invite him to dinner and then the other one pop up, right, that's shady, Yes, and that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, but I think it's reasonable. But I'm also like y'all are way too nice, like y'all quite strained.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we wouldn't be going out dancing. No, we wouldn't be doing none of that.
Speaker 3: No, but clearly they have a soft spot for him for whatever reason, because he's heavily tatted.
Speaker 2: They think, thank you, Yes, I'm heavily tatted guys who they win you over us?
Speaker 3: So you know, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I God bless all of y'all in this situation, Yause, the two of y'all are angels and the straight, heavily tatted man is confused.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that was extremely juicy. If y'all have more juicy stories like that.
Speaker 3: Keep them coming, Keep them coming.
Speaker 2: But that is our episode. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or Shaky.
Speaker 3: Or Bowl Fight Night.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, but wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.