Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, Hey, I'm just my voice.
Speaker 2: We're back. We're black.
Speaker 1: Brown, ambition, ambition, ambition, ambition, ambition, Brown in the studio today. It's not just me and Mandy. We got a guest in the stew But first, Mandy, how are you girl?
Speaker 3: I am doing well. I spent the last two hours undoing the weekend that happened to my house, my two kiddos, so you know, doing and I'm sure that's somewhere in both y'all's book outsourced that ish, but you know what it was.
Speaker 4: It was meditative, it was doing good. How are you? Where are you? My little firefly just a buzzing all over.
Speaker 1: I actually so yesterday I got an award from Homework Mahogany, which is really awesome.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, you look so pretty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I had my You know, Hallmark has this like black and brown brand called Mahogany where they really celebrate the brownness of it all.
Speaker 4: I did not know when you said Homemark.
Speaker 3: I was like, did, Yeah, I've been because movies that's what I know them of.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm buying Mahogany cards because if you go into like you know, Target or Walmart, whatever, you'll see a section the Hallmark section, but then you'll see a mahogany section where there's actually black and brown faces on it, which I love. And so yeah, that's why I got to get my car from and so yeah, they had this inaugural event where they just celebrated twenty eight like black Indevadis Honorees. I was sitting next to this woman, this I was sitting next to. Oh don't I don't know what they identify as. I want to be respectful. I was sitting next to them. Their name is x X created this this algorithm or tool that helped Google identify the different intonations in black and brown skin.
Speaker 2: Wow, which I was like, how am I here? Because they're changing the world. So it was amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean it ran the gamut from Pinky Coal was there, which is amazing. Fantasia Burno spoke and she was just, oh my gosh, we should talk. We'll talk about her her speech later about how she shared how she's lost her fortune again for the third time, was like, what it was weet?
Speaker 4: We like pre color purple okay or you know what? Okay, that kind of tracks, but yeah, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So it just was really awesome because we're black and brown women, especially black women. This is a room full of black women, kind of like commune. People are just loving on you. Just you're so many No, you're amazing. Yes, dress, yes, hair, Okay now yes, So it was just awesome and so to convenue, continue to awesome. Does we have an amazing guest today? We have Rachel Rogers.
Speaker 4: Wed So in her banana glam.
Speaker 1: You might have heard of Rachel. I mean all of y'all have heard of. We should all be millionaires. If you haven't, what rock have you lived under? Well, Rachel's missed is to help historically excluded groups, including women, people of color, queer people, and people with disabilities, build their businesses and become a millionaires. If you've never heard her speak, you are missing out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Since the inception of her company Hello seven, she has helped hundreds become millionaires and thousands become financially free. We welcome Rachel to the still.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rachel, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: So, you know, like Mandy I had that that not so secret group, the Bad Bitch Support Group. It's like a group of like a handful of life.
Speaker 4: Yes, you have told me many times.
Speaker 2: Rachel's one of the babies. So I didn't know what's what you call it?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 4: What's it called again?
Speaker 1: We just we just made that up the bad bitch support girl.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's accurates.
Speaker 1: So it's just really awesome to just have like this group of amazing women who are doing amazing things. But what I love.
Speaker 2: Is that we mostly just focused on Oh, sire, what'd your husband saying? What about these?
Speaker 1: It's like, certainly talk about business and things, but it's just really support for like you holistically as a woman. Yes, and so I was like, yes, Rachel's going to be in the stew with this.
Speaker 3: So how did that little group get formed? And how long has it been going? Because I feel like that is so necessary, especially for the online entrepreneur people who are working like super virtually. And I think that is I think people listening are thinking, oh, I would love to do that. But yeah, how did it get started with?
Speaker 1: How did it from your perspective?
Speaker 5: Yes, So one of our members decided that this group needed to exist, and so she just emailed and texted friends that she thought should be in this community. So that's kind of how it formed. It was It's very informal. It's just like a group of friends getting together and just deciding that we're going to be here for each other. And we're sort of like all kind of colleagues that knew of each other. There were some friend groups within it, but it was kind of like all just black women who have accomplished a certain a certain level of success in business.
Speaker 2: And she just owned.
Speaker 5: Well, I was singing seven or eight figures basically, and so yeah, she just asked us to get together and so we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think we thought it was going to form like this permanent group. I think we were just like I'm tired, You tired, I'm tired, come to your house, okay, girl, and we just kind of like had this amazing time and it was like can we keep the party going? And so yes, I would say it's been more than six months, maybe I think November of last year or December of last year of twenty three.
Speaker 3: So I hope it lasts forever because that's such an intention that's such an intentional way.
Speaker 4: Of doing the whole well.
Speaker 3: I believe in communities for every facet of life, like yeah, you know, I feel like for yeah, so I have my mom group who's like, you know, they can be local but not local.
Speaker 4: But then I have my super local mom group and.
Speaker 3: The neighbors, and then I have my career you know, entrepreneur kind of people, and like even a community. I just joined a don't talk it too much, but I just joined a group.
Speaker 4: My first group therapy program can be.
Speaker 3: Running for twenty weeks because I need to find my people when it comes to high functioning anxiety. So I found some people. I found a group through my psychiatrist, and I'm really excited. But anyway, I was just thinking about how like to make your own community around the thing that you feel like a little alone in or like a little lonely in.
Speaker 4: I think it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean that's literally my whole business journey, to be honest, it's just creating the community that I craved and couldn't find.
Speaker 1: You know, well, let's jump in, like Rachel, like just in case for the people who do live under rock. Hey rock, people like a girl us a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 5: So I am a former lawyer. I'm a mom of four children, and I am married also, and so I just my first business was at law practice. And I did that right out of law school because there was a recession in two thousand and eight. I graduated two thousand and nine, A lot of the jobs that were advertised to me my entire career, you know, schooling career, were gone by the.
Speaker 2: Time I graduated.
Speaker 5: I'm like, how convenient is that? And I had six figures and loans to pay back. So I was like, okay, what am I going to do? So I did a clerkship for a year, and then after that, still not a lot of job options, and so I decided to create my own and just start my own practice. So I had my own intellectual property law and business law practice and eventually hired attorneys, hired team, scaled that up, and then realized once I got really good at it that of course I don't want to do it anymore, as we do, right, get good at something and then quit. So then, but what they were coming to me for all the time, Like my clients who were coming to me for they were paying me for legal advice and legal work. They kept asking me for business advice, which I gave them, and tour of mine was like, stop giving that business advice for free.
Speaker 2: You need to be charging for that.
Speaker 5: So I was like, oh okay, So I just started dabbling and like you know, basically book a consult with me about business for five hundred bucks or something, just to see what would happen.
Speaker 2: And there was a lot of interest.
Speaker 5: And then finally I took on my first one on one coaching client, worked with her. Her business like exploded within six months, and so I was like, oh, maybe I'm good at this. And then I slowly transitioned into Hello seven, which is the company that I run now, And like you were saying, like I really built it because all of the entrepreneurial spaces I went into. First of all, most of the business advice for women was geared towards like hit six figures, your first six figures, And I was like, cool, but I did that already and I'm still money's still tight.
Speaker 2: So what else you got? What about that seven figures? Right? Yeah exactly. So I was like, and this is of.
Speaker 5: Course back in the day, because I started in twenty ten, so that was when I started my first business.
Speaker 3: Is it really can we not make too any time back in the day?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a couple of years ago, fourteen years to the same aide, This feels mean, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It just looks like an attack.
Speaker 5: So but back then, right, it was like everything was six figures, six figure, six figures, and I'm like, cool, cool, But who got that seven figure joint?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: Like because I want that one, right, So, like, tell me about how to build a seven figure business. Nobody was talking about that, definitely not geared towards women.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, I started to.
Speaker 5: Discover these spaces, which like tech bros basically, and that's where I was going to get, like to join their masterminds or going to events, and I, you know, was sexually harassed in those spaces. People's one. I was called the N word by an employee. After spending tens of thousands of dollars to be a part of this this community, I've just experienced.
Speaker 2: All kinds of fuckery.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'm allowed to say that on the podcast you are okay, So yes, all kinds of fuckery. And so I was like, Okay, I need a space with ambitious people who look like me, who are diverse, who care about having women on the stage, who care about having people of color on the stage, like you, white guys are not the only ones making money, right, because I see it online, there's other people doing it, so like where they at and who they're masterminding with and how can I find them?
Speaker 2: And so I just decided to create the community that I was craving with. Hello seven.
Speaker 5: So we've had a variety of programs over the years, but our biggest one now is the Club, which is a membership community with diverse members who are building businesses, scaling businesses, making some of them making seven figures. We have some eight figure members now and people who are just starting out so like basically you know, climbing up the ladder to hit their revenue goals.
Speaker 4: Hey, be a fan.
Speaker 3: We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back. Like what's your favorite kind of because there's so many different kinds of businesses and styles of business. What's your like superpowers you feel like? Or what kind of entrepreneurs do you attract to the club?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like run the gamut?
Speaker 3: Or is it sort of like online entrepreneurs? How do how does it shake out?
Speaker 2: We have a great variety.
Speaker 5: I think we surveyed them once and we had like one hundred and thirty different industries and careers like represented types of businesses represented. But for me, I actually do feel strongly that we should build businesses around our superpower.
Speaker 2: So I love that you asked that question.
Speaker 5: So my superpower is definitely public speaking and like basically taking complex ideas and simplifying them. This is what I did as a lawyer, and it's what I do in business as well, Like, Okay, this business concept that I need to understand, how can I simplify it so that I can turn it into actionable steps? So I think those that's what I'm good at. And public speaking, speaking to a crowd. I love like big groups, you know, and I love commune so and I would say writing too is in there as well. And sometimes I think I'm a better writer than speaker, but I get complimented on speaking more.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know anyway, but both of those things. So I basically just.
Speaker 4: Don't like to read any more, Rachel.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: Hence audio books my audiobook sell like hotcakes.
Speaker 2: I mean, like the audio is meet people where they are exactly, and I mean it's me too. I'm an audiobook junkie as well.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so anyway, so yes, I've built the business around like basically me speaking in groups. I really like curating community and having groups of people. I think when I've coached people one on one, what happens is I'll coach them, They'll will help get rid of some of the mind trash, They'll start taking action, but then all the people in their life are sort of reinforcing who they used to be, the old thoughts, right, and so then it's like by the next call, it's like, Okay, they still have retained ten percent of what I coach them on the week before, but now I got to recoach them on everything else. It's like, I'm like, I need to get you in a community where you can be reflected back, you know, like who you really are, what you're capable of, You're surrounded by people on the same journey. So I figured that out pretty early on in coaching, that it's actually more effective if you can do it in community. So even if they are getting one on ones, I still like them to be in a community of other people also getting coach because Iron shop AND's iron So that's how I've always done it.
Speaker 2: Community is always huge.
Speaker 5: So community, coaching and education, those are the three elements of every offer that we do at Hello seven.
Speaker 1: I love that, yes, so I know you wrote your book came out. What did your book come about twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one, Yeah, May May twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: And so why did you write we should all be millionaires? Who did you help to reach? And I know you have a new book which is like the workbook version of this book that's coming Yeah, it's come out already, or it's coming out.
Speaker 2: It's coming out June eleventh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, tell us about like we should all be millionaires in this new book that you have coming out.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we should all be millionaires. Why did I write it?
Speaker 5: I think I wrote it because why I do almost anything is because something's annoying me, and I'm like, somebody should do something about this. And then after a while I get tired of hearing myself complain about it, and then I'm like, fine, I guess I'll be the one to do it.
Speaker 2: If you insist.
Speaker 5: So that it was basically the same thing with the book, Like I just felt like, y'all, we're not even paying attention to our money, Like we need to focus on our money. We need to recognize our agency when it comes to our money.
Speaker 2: Like there's a.
Speaker 5: Lot of and we also need to acknowledge the factors out there that are all designed to keep people that look like us broke.
Speaker 2: Right, we need to acknowledge that.
Speaker 5: That's true, and you know, deal with the hurt of that, and at the same time not take that on as truth, right, and recognize our own agency to create financial freedom. So and it comes out like your money is affected by every choice you make, right, the decisions that you make, the boundaries that you do or do not have, the people that you allow to take advantage of your time. Now you don't got time to make money because you're doing all this other stuff for your mom and your sister, your cousin, everybody else's needs are prioritize instead of yours. All the excuses we make, all the things. I was just like, you know, sometimes I just want to take people, shake them a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, you know. So that's basically what I was doing in this book.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm like, okay, here's everything I want you to know. And I was also unpacking my journey, like who did I have to become to become a millionaire from growing up, you know, very low income and struggling.
Speaker 2: What did it take?
Speaker 5: Like, how did I have to change who I am? How did I have to change how I was showing up? How did I have to change my beliefs in order to become a millionaire. I wanted people to be able to have a pathway to do that, and so it was really just me unpacking that in the book, and it really was cathartic. And I don't know if you found this too, but like, I think it's healing to write, Like I literally cried through some of the stories I was telling. It was like my own personal therapy. And so that's the first book, and then Million Dollar Action, which is the follow up. Is you know, I've had hundreds of thousands of people messaging me for a couple of years saying, you know, I loved this book. I'm you know, I've taken action on certain parts of it and they loved it, and you know, it was it was great. And at the same time, I'm like, okay, but like I would love for you to take more action, Like, let's see, how can you take action on every part, not just like the part that you liked the most, Like that one chapter you took action on, Okay, cool, but what about the rest?
Speaker 2: So the workbook is.
Speaker 5: Really about it's sort of taking action. It's million dollar actions, like what are the actions that are required and let's actually do them right now in this book, you know, and some of these these are a lot of exercises that I do with my coaching clients to help them to get results. So it's really deconstructing that and helping them go through it on their own so that they can start to create this. It ends with a million dollar plan, right, like, what is the plan that's going to help you to build that wealth?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you got to share some of those steps.
Speaker 3: Okay, I could share Maybe I don't know one that someone could do right now that's kind of like a baby step, and maybe one that you are like, ooh, this is like this is when they really turn it up to the next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like not for me or anything.
Speaker 1: Just like for everyone, for everyone, because you know, we were just talking about this other day. It's just like, I mean, yeah, this would be great.
Speaker 4: Yes for my friend.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: So one of my favorite steps in the book is about like creating your vision, right, what is the life that you actually want for yourself. I think a lot of times we have these dreams and desires, and we don't see them as real or we don't think they're possible, so we don't actually plan around them. We don't actually say like, Okay, how do I make that happen. It's just kind of like this esoteric thing that's out there that's like that could never be me, you know. And I grew up with family members too, who were always dreaming up business ideas, who are always dreaming up like big visions that they literally never even thought about taking action on. And so I'm like, okay, how can we make this tangible? So and this is literally what I did along the way to like continue to grow my income is I would just get in touch with like what do I actually want?
Speaker 2: What are my desires?
Speaker 5: And so you get in touch with your desires and you create a list like what are the lifestyle upgrades I want? What are the changes that I want to make? Well, how do I want to feel every day? How do I want to show up every day? And you just create that vision and write it down, right, And when we write it down, we're making it real.
Speaker 2: That's part of it.
Speaker 5: And then I want them to run the numbers on that what does my dream life cost? Because sometimes we're like, well, i'd have to be a billionaire, or even being a millionaire, you might be able to have ninety percent of what you want without.
Speaker 2: Being a millionaire. You know, like you don't even know what it costs. Let's find out.
Speaker 5: So it's like, I want one of those big beautiful houses in this type of neighborhood. Okay, cool, go run the numbers on what a big beautiful house in that neighborhood costs? Right, how much would that cost you monthly? And I make them do it monthly so that because I think when we think of like.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's a million dollar house. Cool, how much does it cost a month?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Because who cares?
Speaker 5: Right, Like if you pay for it monthly, So what does that look like to like get the monthly number for all the different things that you want. And so then I have them add it all up and we figure out like, okay, now you know what your dream life costs. Now what are the action steps we need to take to make that happen and make it real? So it's like I like putting numbers on things, like, let's just do the math on it so that we can.
Speaker 2: Figure out how how do we get there?
Speaker 5: Because sometimes we think that number is way bigger than it is, like I need to make five hundred thousand dollars a month maybe, or maybe you just need to make another twenty thousand dollars a month, which that ain't that hard.
Speaker 2: You know. So that's one of the exercises that I love.
Speaker 5: Another one is really about their their mindset, because I always start with mindset because so many times I've had clients come to me and be like, just tell me the action steps so I could get this money, Like I just want to have the money, like you have the money, just tell me the action steps. I just want to skip to the part where you give me action and I'm like, listen, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I get it. But let me tell you what.
Speaker 5: You're not going to do any of the things that I tell you to do until we deal with the mindin trash, right, Like until you deal with what's stopping you from You already know what to do half the time, anyway, you're just not doing it. Why that's the question we need to answer. So that's actually what we deal with first in this book, helping people to unpack the thoughts, like what are the thoughts that you have what are the stories that you're telling yourself that are preventing you from taking action? And we always have them. I have them right now right.
Speaker 2: I just spent some time this weekend identifying.
Speaker 5: More thoughts that are holding me back, and so I was like, okay, I'm taking action now. So but you know, but I spent probably months not being aware of it, and you know, so I want us to have exercises that we can use to help make it clear what is it that's in my head that's stopping me from taking action. So that way, when you have that list of like here the okay, now now you have your tangible to do, why are you not doing them?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: But when you deal with the mindset trash, you will actually start working that list.
Speaker 1: You know, Hey, b a fam, We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: I wish we could all just like put our heads on each other's shoulders and then kind of like run each other because I just feel like if we could take the us out, like the art the eye out of the situation. We're so good at giving advice to everyone else and like wanting them to be great and build like all that you're talking about the Hallmark thing, Tiffany, when you get in the room with black women, it's just like love and yeah you got it.
Speaker 1: Girl, you so flying yeah in the mirror, like do I look cute today?
Speaker 2: And everyone is like and the.
Speaker 4: Uber just like, what the hell did I say? That was so stupid?
Speaker 3: You know, And I think if we just don't know, just had some kind of weird Frankenstein experiment, we're just like, let me borrow Rachel's brain for a day and I could do this.
Speaker 4: But short of that, a book is fine. I guess.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's why I love community though, Like, that's why community is so crucial, Like we should never be doing this alone if we can avoid it, you know, like, definitely get friends involved, recruit people. And I include stats about that in this book too, about how if you can recruit a squad of friends and get them together and tell them what your goals are and make sure you're communicating on a regular basis about the goals, like you are ninety percent more likely to accomplish your goals literally if you do them with a friend, even just one friend.
Speaker 2: You know, So, how many of.
Speaker 4: Us feel alone?
Speaker 3: Too many of the people that too many of y'all listening, even if you're listening to this alone. I'm almost like, start a brand ambition podcast club where you just listen to the episodes and yes that yeah, it just it just helps to have that because I think our thoughts like when we're in when they're listening right now. I do this to say I was listening to a podcast earlier, and I'm like, I need to actually write something down from this because it sounds so good in the moment, But where's the like Tiffany, when you say when you teach something, you learn it twice or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you teach, yeah.
Speaker 3: Someone like you tell someone about it, you learn again? And I had I was like, who do I turn to? I just heard this cool thing. Husband's like I can't take it any more information. I just want to watch videos on how to fix a Rolex watch. But you know, I don't know, You're like you needed other things, your squaw. I wonder to tell the story of how he owned it for a day and I made him return it.
Speaker 2: About how do you Rachel?
Speaker 1: Do you find that especially women of color or or just people from historically exclude excluded groups really struggle with even allowing themselves space to dream. Yeah, I find that people are like I can't. I'm like, girl, it's in your own head. No one you can literally say I want to fly like a bird. It's allowed.
Speaker 2: But they're like, oh, I can't. Even Like the other day, I'm friend of mine.
Speaker 1: She was like saying, what I fly.
Speaker 5: Like a bird is my favorite example. I'm the starting to say because.
Speaker 1: If you ask, if you ask a little kid like like yes. One of my nieces, Amelia, she told me she wanted to go to the moon and I was like, you know, but then she also told me like I want to meet Stevie Wonder because saying her like the Stevie Wonder version of Happy Birthday. She's like, that's for kids too, and I said, yeah, she's a who sings. I was like, man, Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 2: She was like, show me on YouTube.
Speaker 1: So I showed her on YouTube.
Speaker 2: She said I want to meet him, and I was like, you can't meet Stevie.
Speaker 4: She's like said no more kids, bops.
Speaker 1: She she told me to google where he lives and I guess he like grew up in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: And then she told me to google his mom because I guess she won big a point date with her mom.
Speaker 1: And honestly, it sounds so crazy, but I was telling you who works with STEVIEE. Wonder. I didn't know, but she works with Stevie Wonder's ex wife and they're still very close. And I was telling a friend of mine like, oh, my niece is so silly. She's like no, no, Like, next time I see her, because we're doing business together, I'm going to let her know. He's got to meet your fan. And if you know, Tiffany, if you bring her, she can meet him. I was like, wait, what the.
Speaker 2: A Milias of the world get what they want? And I told her. She looked like, okay, girl us exactly.
Speaker 5: Google Google, did y'all see the story about the kid in the Philippines?
Speaker 2: Who is Beyonce? Is his friend Beyonce? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he was like, Beyonce, that's his.
Speaker 5: Friend now, yes, she sent him flowers and no no, And it was like, why is Beyonce not coming to eat pizza with us? Obviously she's our friend, she should come eat pizza with us.
Speaker 4: Like it was such a dope job to just be the floral, like, oh my million for Beyonce.
Speaker 2: First of all, the viewers. First of all, I.
Speaker 3: Just need to grow them in that place where they grow the flower in black and black panther.
Speaker 4: Look at that word.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna speak it into existence that one day I'm getting a bouquet from Beyonce, and when I do, I'm gonna just fall out. And then once once they bring the wake me up, then I'm gonna do a whole video about her.
Speaker 2: But you have to get your meeting on.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, what can those of us who are like listening, who are really like struggling with just even in the secrecy of our own arts, say yes, want because we're feeling we're undeserving or can't happen, whatever it is that we're telling ourselves. What is a way to kind of break free from just even saying thing that we want? How can we do yes?
Speaker 5: One of my favorite coaching questions that I loved, well, there's two of them, but one of them is what would I do if I wasn't afraid?
Speaker 2: Right Like? What's what's? What is?
Speaker 5: What would I do right now in these circumstances if I wasn't afraid? And it helps my brain to start just thinking about things and going there instead of doing what's practical, because I think we create practical and it becomes just like a ceiling for us and a box even, you know. And I'm like, there's nothing practical about my life when I look back at my life, right the way that I grew up and the circumstances that I dealt with, Like, you know, there was no there was nothing practical about going from like paying for our groceries with food stamps to you know, now having a significant net worth and becoming a millionaire, right, Like there was not that was not a pactical plan you know that I had from day one. I just wanted to I just didn't want to struggle financially anymore. Right, So, like I had that in my brain, but I didn't even think of trying to become a millionaire because it wasn't even something to think on. So like, your dreams can continue to grow with you. But I have a whole section and we shall be millionaires literally dedicated to telling people how to get back in touch with their dreams. Because sometimes when I coach clients and I say what do you want, Like I always start, what do you want? Let me help you? I will help you get it. But like, first, you got to know what you want. If you don't know what you want, I can't help you. I don't know what to do with you.
Speaker 2: You got to go to go to my friend.
Speaker 5: She does life coaching. She'll help you figure out what you want. Then come here and I'll help you get it.
Speaker 2: You know. So, But sometimes they don't.
Speaker 5: Even know because they've not been asking themselves. They've never admitted it to themselves. They don't even know how to dream anymore.
Speaker 2: You know. And I saw something from do y'all know?
Speaker 5: Sonya Renee Taylor, who wrote The Body is not an apology. She is an amazing activist, body positivity activist and men other things, amazing poet and a friend of mine. And she U, I'm losing my train of thought.
Speaker 2: She posted the other day. What did she post? Lord?
Speaker 4: Something about knowing what you want?
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, she said, She said, thank you. I appreciate you. Yes, mom, brain is real.
Speaker 5: She was saying that, like my desire birthed a movement, Like I just wanted to create this poem for my friend who was feeling uncomfortable in her body.
Speaker 2: She has a disability. She's a black.
Speaker 5: Woman, and she felt shame right, like in a intimate relationship with someone that she was with, and you know, she was like, she responded to that by writing this poem, The Body is Not an apology. And she gave this poem I think back in twenty thirteen or something, you know, twenty fourteen, something like that, and that poem became the birth of a movement. And she wrote recently on social media like on the anniversary, you know, many years later, maybe it's the tenth anniversary of her delivering that poem for the first time, and you could see it on her Instagram. But she was like, my desire birthday movement, So I need to I'm going to follow my desires even more. I'm going to tap into my desires. I'm realizing the power of my desires. And I think there's something like spiritual about that. Like I think God literally or whoever you believe in, gives us these desires so we will take action. And maybe they're selfish. Maybe it's like I just want a nice house and I want to drive a Q car, you know, or whatever selfish thing that you want. But in the process, right in order to get that nice house or Q car, we have to figure out, how were we going to serve other people because they ain't going to pay us for nothing, right, And so in the process of me trying to create financial security for myself, I've now created a movement and a community that has helped so many other people. And so, like we think desires are selfish, No, no, no, this is God's design. This is way more complex and sophisticated than we think. Right, it's not selfish. It's actually following your desires is helping you create a world that we want to live in, you know what I mean. So, like we need to really tap in, Like our desires have so much power both to create wealth, but to create who knows all kinds of things in the world, right, to like make this world so much better. And I think we are really disconnected from that. We're like disconnected from our bodies, the messages that we're being told, right, Like this this internal wisdom that we have, we don't use it, and that is that is the key.
Speaker 2: So when people are like what kind of business should I start? I'm like, what kind of business do you want to start?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What is calling to you? What is your interest? I don't care if you have zero experience what's your interest right where you.
Speaker 4: Want the link in bio.
Speaker 3: They want the Amazon the Amazon link bio of like the things that they need.
Speaker 4: That's kind of how like the brain works. Now it's like what are you selling?
Speaker 3: Where can I get this? Like I got you know, I got this specific scrubbing brush and now my home is spotless.
Speaker 4: Like that's what That's.
Speaker 3: My kind of TikTok that I want it like clean talk, and I just feel shitty because I'm like like that and listen, it's let's talk about it. Yes, but like I think that a lot of people, a lot of and I'll put myself there too, like we sometimes will look or or will look at other people living their lives on the internet like we does and sort of and then it's like, oh, I want that too, and I want that.
Speaker 4: But it's like what do you actually.
Speaker 2: But that's good follow that. I actually encourage people to follow.
Speaker 5: Jealousy if you feel jealous, like I used to feel jealous of like wait, I just saw her buy a house and now she's on vacation.
Speaker 2: How she do that? I can't do both of those things in the same year, let alone the same month, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like how did she do that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: I wanted to know, how do you have enough money for both of those things? And so like figuring like follow that that that jealousy is a signal, Right, it's giving us information. It's not about that other person.
Speaker 2: It's about you.
Speaker 5: It's about your seeing something that you want some version of it. You probably don't want the exact same version as this person you're watching, but maybe there is some version of it that you want, you know, So like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I just mean, like, when you see someone who has like a vending machine business, do you really want a vending machine business or you just want the freedom that it comes with that or the passive income that comes with that. And I think we have these like trends of you know, business like, oh I saw this on ig this person has a trucking business or whatever, and I'm going I want to go start that thing. But if you actually don't have a desire for it or like that, it's so much harder because it is hard to start and keep a business, it's harder to keep it going.
Speaker 2: I think this is good though.
Speaker 5: I think when you see some like let's say, let's take the vending machines Okay. So you see somebody who has a vending machine business. Cool, right, You're like, okay, they have freedom. They don't have to like sit in a cubicle, which is what I want to get away from whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Maybe they have freedom because we don't know. Because it's the internet, they can write.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but they have something that I'm seeing that I'm interested in. So let's just follow that inkling, right, and so then maybe you start a vending machine business, and then the vending machine business, like you know, maybe you make some money from it.
Speaker 2: There's things that you like. You like talking to the customers.
Speaker 5: Maybe you like managing the business, but like going around filling the vending machines or whatever is not the part you like.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but it introduces you to.
Speaker 5: Entrepreneur, you know, being an entrepreneur, right, and introduces you to business. And maybe through that you really love the retail stores that you're delivering to. And then you're like, you know what, that's what I want. I want to start a retail store. So it's like follow those inklings because they're taking you down a path like hello, seven is what made me a millionaire?
Speaker 2: And what has you know?
Speaker 5: It's like I was running a law practice because I wanted freedom and I had. I had a law degree and legal skills, so I'm like, Okay, if I run my own law practice, I will have that freedom. And then I really didn't like practicing law. But I discovered through having my own legal business that I love. Running a business like that was super fun. I loved marketing, I love talking to the clients. I loved educating them. Right, So I figured out what I loved from it, and then I transitioned into this. Without the law practice, there would be no Hello, seven, Yeah you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, I'm about to pass the coming explain that it was true. So for example, like I think about like my first book that came out, I self published it. It's called One Week Budget, and I wrote a while the kids were sleeping during that time when I was teaching preschool and because I just had this inkling because people I knew I really loved teaching and I was really good at like basic financial like money management, and people kept asking me and I kept getting annoyed. So I created a notebook where I was like, sit with me in this notebook, and then someone was like why don't you make this like a book book? And I was like, I guess. And then I'd heard about they used to call it vanity publishing back in the day, which is like, you know, you just print your own stuff. And I met a woman who like it was literally just on the cusp of there's this company called create Space that had not been bought by Amazon just yet, and so like, you know, like you can vanity, but you can actually sell and I was like, huh okay. And I remember distinctly, the Divine God was very clear. He said, this book is going to make you a millionaire. I was like, wait, what hello? You know because I used a little girl that I was going to be reached one day and I was like, so I was very literal.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I must, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To sell enough books of this book and it's going to make me a millionaire because of the book sales. First month I sold one hundred books and I was like, oh, look at me on my way. Second month I sold two, third month zero, four month, zero, six months zero zero zeros.
Speaker 2: Let me get Jesus on the main line, because he had.
Speaker 1: Said, but it was where the bullions at that book taught me how to market. It taught me how to bring an idea to fruition. It taught me how to ask for help. Because I met a guy that was consistently selling a few hundred copies a month. I was at like a like some little kid had invited me to like their career day. So I was talking to the creator. He spoke, I was in line with the kids, like hold up my turn stuff.
Speaker 2: I say that I didn't like to ask a question. He was like, you look a little big and fourth grade.
Speaker 1: I'm liken't worry about all it.
Speaker 2: So you said three books a month now and so.
Speaker 1: But it did make me a millionaire, but indirectly so because I gathered all these skills to I mean, the BUDGETISA had so many iterations. I thought I was gonna do one on one. I thought, you know, and so now I'm just free flowing into world. The next thing is so I love that. I didn't realize that's what I was doing, kind of like following the inkling. Yes, you know, there's this interest, and then the interest birds the next interest, and there's the next thing and the next person, and before you know it, you're like, wow, that initial you're going to be a millionaire one day or whatever that thing is. I'm here now, you know. I drive from I used to live like a forty five minutes outside of Newark, and New York is known for its international airport, and so every morning when I was driving to teach preschool, I would see the planes and the sky and something said, one day you'll be coming to Newark because you're gonna be getting on a plane all the time. M And I was like, okay, sounds cute, but I'm about to go to like, you know, crack Alley because my girl where I taught daycare was dangerous and.
Speaker 2: You know, and like, okay, girl.
Speaker 1: And now I live in Nord and I'm always on the plane, and I'm like, oh, and so the inklings are I think, the buying downloads, And yes, so many of us don't follow them or to afraid to see where they're gonna lead exactly. It's crystal clear. But they're not meant to be clear, you know.
Speaker 5: I agree, And they're not going to add up today right like that somebody might have done the math on. Well, it's gonna take me, you know, I'm gonna have to sell whatever this many you know, hundreds of thousands to get to a million dollars. That's never gonna work, never mind, and then you wind up like taking longer to get down your pathway. Like I feel like almost like these are little shortcuts for us, but sometimes we don't listen, and then we got to do it the hard headed way, right, And trust me.
Speaker 2: I have hard headed moments myself.
Speaker 5: So I know I have delayed, you know, gifts that were meant for me, things that were meant for me because I wasn't listening.
Speaker 2: But I think tuning in is really important.
Speaker 5: And I know it sounds hokey and people are like, ah, that don't work. Just give me something tangible, and I'm like, trust me, it does work. I promise you it does. But there's some other tangible things you can do along the way as well. But tuning into your desires is very powerful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think you know, as you guys are speaking, I'm like, no one ever told a little kid who wanted to start a lemonade stand, like don't do that.
Speaker 4: That's dumb. You'll never make any money from that.
Speaker 3: Like you encourage that discovery, like we know, maybe we don't know, maybe they'll strike some new like discover some new flavor or whatever. Yes, but we get so much more, I think, like less, we just get We're more likely to say no to ourselves and to anticipate failure, and then you have that confirmation bias of like, oh, well, I see other people trying something into not working out, but it doesn't have to be that way for you. But like we'll tell we'll like find other messages that sort of confirm our own doubts and stuff. So yeah, I get it. Totally get what you're saying. And I think that it's a lot of too what I do in my career coaching. It's like helping women be comfortable with trying something different, yes, not having it be the thing like this next job has to be the one. Yeah, And I'm like, well, what if it's like one of many and that's how it's supposed to be and we're not. You know, we've just sort of like changed the story that we tell ourselves about the journey and what that can look like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can. You can't get to the other thing without it something else.
Speaker 5: Another quote from Sonya Renee Taylor is every story about scarcity is a lie. This is something she said on stage at my conference that I do every year ROI. She was a speaker of the first year, and we had a conversation about is it ethical to become a millionaire? Because I noticed that was a conversation that was always happening among black and brown people, is like, we we're supposed to hate capitalism, but we're okay with having businesses, right like, and so this disconnect in their brains is causing them to not grow their businesses.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, let's handle this, let's deal with this.
Speaker 5: And so I had Sonya come, I had Rachel Cargo com and we had a discussion about that. And that was one of the quotes that has been repeated so many times by myself and all these people in my community. Every story about scarcity is a lie.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So it's like, if this next job isn't you know, it's not enough, right, or if I don't have the thing right now holding on so tightly to the dream and demanding it be today, is is scarcity?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: It's it's sourced from scarcity, you know, it's not if it doesn't happen, how it's never going to happen.
Speaker 2: Right, That's a lie. You just making that up make up.
Speaker 5: If you gonna make up things, make up useful things, okay, make up helpful thoughts. Don't make up negative thoughts that that discourage you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing how your community so they can give you new thoughts.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I wish speaking to ourselves the way we do like preschoolers and kindergarteners, right, because we tell them it's all possible, it's all this, it's all it's till third grade.
Speaker 2: None not gonna happen for your life.
Speaker 3: Dang third grade. I wanted to be an actress, not in the third grade. I didn't really lose hope until about the tenth grade.
Speaker 1: But you know, like we telled like young people that it's all possible, and then we look ourselves in the mirror and tell us but not usis yes.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so true.
Speaker 5: And actually, this is the funny thing that was happening this last week. I was recording the audiobook for Million Dollar Action, this new book that's coming out, and I'm reading to myself, my own words and my own coaching and coaching myself for the process and be like.
Speaker 2: Girl, you see where you've been playing yourself?
Speaker 5: Like literally the words of the page were coaching me as I was reciting them. And then I just came home and was like, Oh, I see where I've been playing myself like I believe it for my clients. I've believed it for myself in the past, but I'm not believing it right now with this new thing, because that's what happens, is like we get a new dream or a new vision, and we go right back down to the bottom of not believing and having to go through this journey again. And so can I tell y'all what my new dream is?
Speaker 2: This is exclusive.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask you excessive out loud just.
Speaker 5: For y'all, but no, and it's also for me right for exactly what you said, Mandy, to say it out loud. But and this was the thing that I started taking action on this weekend because I realized, like, oh, I've been playing myself like I'm doing the same thing that I tell my clients not to do. So new another dream that I have is I want to start other businesses. This Hello seven is largely run without me, although I am involved, I'm just not as involved in the day to day and I have a president who runs the day to day and so I'm like, Okay, well what else could I be doing with my time? And I've been thinking about this vision and I took action on it, and then I kind of I talked to my best friend about it, talked to my husband, I talked to all these people and they.
Speaker 2: Were like, I see it, and they were excited, but like not really you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You know how you say it and you're like so hype and they're not matching your energy, so you get deflated, right, And I'm like, how is that any different from when I started Hello seven?
Speaker 2: Nobody saw the vision that I saw. It's a new vision. Why would they see it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like it's in my head, it's not in the world yet. So I'm like, actually, it was like I needed the words from my own work book to coach me again and to remind me that, like, I don't need everybody to believe, even my closest people, even the people I love the most, they don't need to hold this dream for me. I'm holding it and I believe it, and I know I have support and I know I want to do this, So like, what is it that I'm actually waiting for?
Speaker 2: So I was like Okay, I'm going to take action.
Speaker 5: So I took a whole bunch of action yesterday, just sent all the emails to like get this party started. But the dream is I want to I want to create an in, Like I want to buy an old in, renovate it, and turn it into this like hub of physical community for historically excluded people to just have this beautiful luck space to go and to know that they are welcome, to know that their identity is celebrated, and to just have dope things like.
Speaker 2: Beautiful art from historically excluded people on.
Speaker 5: The walls and jazz playing and you know, I just have this whole curated vision of what the experience is going to be. And I'm like, I already identified the property and it's still on the market. I went to go see it in January, but I keep messing around and now I'm like, you know what, just do it. So I sent the email to the realtor. Yesterday I talked to an architect, made an appointment.
Speaker 2: Like I just started lining up the ducks. You know, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I can see myself there already.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, I was reading a book.
Speaker 3: I was reading a book and it was like, I don't know stories from entrepreneurs on advice and stuff, and like I was just flipping through it and I stopped on a page and I hadn't heard of it, but this heard of this woman. But she was the former editor in chief of Essence and she started her She has like three ends now, and I just like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: God, I don't know what is it? The qua?
Speaker 1: Yes, something like that one in DC's one.
Speaker 6: In d C.
Speaker 3: And what's like when you when you put together your mastermind of in owners Just like, I'll tell you it's possible because she did it.
Speaker 4: There's one in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Look what Okay, let's just recap what just happened for people. I also have her phone number, so just put that in the mix. Look at that. Okay.
Speaker 5: So I was brave enough to say it out loud, and then Mandy, you're pointing out, Okay, here's enough. The next step you need to take. You need to call this woman, Steve. She'll take your call and have a conversation with her. Tiffany already got the number in the connect.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You see what happens when you say you get help.
Speaker 3: You know, I want to brown ambitions, No, what is happening?
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, no, but I love that You're right instantly. It doesn't always happened like this, but look what happens when you open yourself up, yeah, reality, Then you open yourself up to also receive the things that you're needing for success, so that.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't have known about the woman if you hadn't like started hello seven and then change your mind and not change your mind.
Speaker 4: It's still going. But then you met Tiffany through that and now you're here.
Speaker 3: And now it seem yeah, we shall stop here, guys before we up.
Speaker 4: But like that was like the perfect.
Speaker 2: Feel like it's not gonna get no better shut it down.
Speaker 3: Just cut the video, cut the video right there were something else?
Speaker 1: Now this is real. Honestly, it is such a testament to that the thing you're wanting. I always think to myself that, like, is it that big of a deal because you're motivating and find like an old nickel from eighteen twenty five that's worth two hundred thousand dollars, I mean.
Speaker 2: Anything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, sometimes we think to ourselves, okay, in order to make two hundred thousand. I don't know if you used to watch like Anti Groacho, where I used to love to find out this guy was like poor. His whole life was like, oh, I don't have any money. His grandmother passed away.
Speaker 2: On the wall.
Speaker 1: She had some blanket or something like that. It turned out to be some original Native American hypochi, but it was worth a million dollars. He wasn't poor his whole life. You had a million dollars on your wall. And so so many of us literally are navigating life in that way where the thing that we're wanting is right there in proximity, but because we've already been committed to the narrative, if I don't have, you know, it's like the universe is like I I guess, honey. Meanwhile, a million dollars sitting on the wall at Granny's house just chilling, you know, And so you know, say the things. I call it getting my mimi on. Like I took the kids, my sister Carol has two kids, and I've got a niece in Chicago. I took them to the White House. We were to Washington, DC, and I had taken them to the White House, but the course, we're outside the gate and she put her hand through the gate in Secret Services like no, no, no, and she was.
Speaker 4: Like, don't talk to me. I was like, girl, we will both be arrested.
Speaker 2: And then she said why can't we go in?
Speaker 1: And I said, well, you know, see those men here if they're to protect the president. She said, yeah, but you met the president like.
Speaker 2: Girl playing with somebody else. I said, I hear you.
Speaker 1: But I said, Amelia, you can't just go in. And she was really upset by that because she was like, I don't that doesn't it's not.
Speaker 2: Tracking you saw me there. And so because she.
Speaker 1: Told that to me, I was like, I had gotten invited back to the White House for the State of the Union this year, and the coordinator who invited me, I was telling her the story as a little key key, like, oh, I brought my niece here a few months ago, and she was like upset and got in trouble with the Secret Service because she wanted to come in. And she was like, oh, you know, we do private tours, just bring your family. Whenever I was like come again, she said yeah. And when I told him Millia, she was like, as.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, once again, but.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean, is that like if she had never said that, It's like I had the scarcity mindset, you know, not her. She was like, I saw you at the White House. It's possible play with somebody else. And so because of that, We're going to the White House and I'm going to bring my family. We gotta get a private tour.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: Listense and she taking new care.
Speaker 1: I'm like my therapist always till tell me. She's like, well, what would Amelia do?
Speaker 2: Because she let my little also taco because.
Speaker 1: She hasn't been the world has not told her no yet, yes you know, and I'm just like, what would she do in this instant? You know? She said she wanted to go to the moon, and we all laughed, and she's like, joke's on you.
Speaker 2: She's six ship.
Speaker 3: You can know Jack Beso, she can meet him and get you never know possible.
Speaker 5: I was thinking earlier, Amandy, when you said you wanted to be an astronaut when you were younger, and I was like, you could still be an astronaut now if you wanted to.
Speaker 4: You don't even need math. You just need you know, to know a Bezos or whatever.
Speaker 3: Them.
Speaker 2: You know, what I mean, I might get there.
Speaker 4: I saw that Brad Pitt movie.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, sorry about Scarcey is a lie.
Speaker 1: I'm just I wrote that down. That's just yes.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing is like, just because the world has told.
Speaker 5: Us no before, It's it's like we don't even pursue our dreams because we're afraid to be told no again. And it's like, but you didn't die though from it, Like it's not that serious. Just keep going, just try it and just collect those nose until you get that Yes.
Speaker 1: You know, wait, soil, where can the girls find your book? I know you said it's coming out June.
Speaker 5: Right, Yes, if you go to helloseven dot co slash Million Dollar Action, they can find there's a landing page there about the book. But you can also find it everywhere like Barnes and Noble, Amazon, your local black owned bookstore, all the places. So it'll be out soon. And you know, I hope people go through it and really do all of the action steps so they can start to be in touch with their own desires and start building that plan for their beliefs to happen.
Speaker 1: And where they order you like on social media.
Speaker 5: Yes, so I'm on Instagram Rach Rogers e s Q. I still got that Esquire from the early.
Speaker 2: Days, Rogers. It means lawyer. Just it's a fancy way to say lawyer.
Speaker 3: You know, like like you need a dick Tracy like hat and I feel like in a suit.
Speaker 2: Like it makes me think of car San Diego. You know I used to love that show.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a vibe. You worked hard for that ship.
Speaker 1: So hell here, helly exactly so Rach Rach Rogers s Q on Instagram. Anyplace else that you like to bet they want to just connect?
Speaker 5: Yes, Well, the Hello seven podcast is coming back. So I've been on hiatus for a year, but I got my life together now, so I'm going to the podcast is coming back, so yeah, so people can can check me out on the Hello seven podcast.
Speaker 3: So I'll try to play it cool, like I don't already have the podcast downloaded. Wait, I won't play it cool. I'll just say that out loud.
Speaker 4: That really so much for me, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Thank you amazing guests. You have been amazing. Even more amazing. I knew of you, you know, but like to get to know you better, like as a person, as a woman.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a light thank you. This was so fun. Y'all are a blast.
Speaker 5: I would hang out with y'all every day.
Speaker 4: Say yes, let me know when, let me know when the end is open? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: This is on the early the Early Adopters list, whatever, sign me up.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have the best name for it too. I'm not going to share it yet, but I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Oh look at your face lighting up. Yes, you deserve cool.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, well, if you enjoyed this episode, and we know you did, this is not for you to keep to yourself, right, share with your mom and your cousin, your uncle, your baby sis. You'll be CUsing your work husband whoever. Share with them so they can get they can let Rachel light up their life as well. And you know we love a good review, heavy emphasis on the good, So go ahead and drop a review for more peop who can find us. Okay, we love y'all,