Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need earn it.
Speaker 2: The y is almost halfway over. Do not miss this opportunity to scale to the next level. EYL University is the biggest institution when it comes to business online period. We have ramped up things in twenty twenty one with over in twenty Infinity groups including our breakout Crypto Club, which is fastly becoming one of the top online communities for cryptocurrency information. It also includes MG the Mortgage Guy's Home Buyers Blueprint Volume one. It also includes monthly financial planning clause with yours Truly. It also includes our book club, our Movie Club, access to our private Facebook group with over six thousand members, access to over one hundred past webinars, and access to weekly webinars from industry experts. All that and more for a limited offer of sixty percent off. That's right, sixty percent off of the annual tuition. Go to eyluniversity dot com right now and become an earner.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced bad drop drop, Mike drop back drop.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, welcome back.
Speaker 2: This is a highly anticipated episode, something that you know, it's been almost a year probably no, definitely has been a year over Yeah, yeah, so me and Maya Davis. We referenced him a lot on a different episode of this spurgo shout.
Speaker 4: Out to Trey Legend.
Speaker 2: I think we referenced him and him this episode doctor Student, loan doctor. That's a fact. You probably heard his name before, if you if you're not familiar with him just on your own online. So Neil, he's been just a good dude from the beginning. I actually did his podcast before we had a podcast. Yeah, that was like two years ago. Over two years ago. I did his podcast and just connected on social media and just been a one other since. So he's like one of these guys that's extremely helpful and never really asked to get on the podcast, just like, how can I provide value. So when we was going to Philly to do our show last year in March, we had a crazy lineup. We had Wallow, we had Kashif and the Machine, had John Henrie, we had.
Speaker 4: Greg Park Yeah, great part.
Speaker 2: Blair I used to shoot it, and of course Neil Neil was it Neils for Philly originally. So two days before our event, the whole country gets shut down with Corona, So that just killed everything. So it was crazy because we were supposed to do a live podcast with Neil and we was going to do in person podcast.
Speaker 5: Tape his and then live yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we got to shut that down. So there's been a long time and the reason why we didn't reschedule is because Neil does he does a variety of different things online, but one of the things that he's become famous for is the event space business. So he teaches people how to get event space, how to make money on event spaces, everything. You know, that's a huge, huge business that it's very practical and something that most people don't even think about. But there's always gonna be baby shadow, there's always gonna be weddings, there's always going to be you know, proms, things of that nature. So it's crazy because you know, I never really heard anybody that had an event space.
Speaker 4: Business until I met you.
Speaker 2: So obviously we couldn't really do the episode during Corona because there's no events that's happening during Corona. Everything is shut down. So what ended up happening is that we waited to the right tom And now we're in a point in time where states are reopening. California just announced that there will be one hundred percent open in June fifteenth, as in fact, Texas last month starters opening. New York is taking steps to reopen. Jurity is taking steps to reopen. So now it's the when you hear about the reopening of the economy and you see even stocks, you follow market money, you follow the stock market, a lot of the you know, reopening stocks are starting to boom, and now from a micro level, reopening businesses are starting to flourish, and you know, it's something that become viable against all the events space business is something that is now on people's radar, or it should be on people's radar, because it's something that you can start for a very low cost. You don't actually even have to own the space. We'll talk about that, and you can keep a nice cash flow coming in and make really good money, very passive business things of that nature. So we're going to talk about something that we've never talked about ever before early leadure, the event space business. So first and foremost, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to be here, man, I'm very excited. I waited a year for this. I was pumped up just about then. I was they come to Philly. I was trying to help you with venues and all type of stuff.
Speaker 4: At that time.
Speaker 6: I knew besides that we had couldn't accommodate what you were looking for. So I'm just happy to be on here and I just appreciate what you're doing for the people.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: This is the greatest podcast in the world.
Speaker 5: This is one of those I've been saying all year, like we gotta get kneel Man because we we watched the speed we watch you online always killing them, like we gotta get kneel when you're like my time.
Speaker 7: Yet when it was time, he was like, Yeah, let's do it. This is gonna be one. It's gonna be one of them appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And it's like even us, like we get event spaces a lot when we were doing our events. We're about to start doing events again, and it's difficult. It's not as easy as people think, like we gotta find which spot can ac commodate people like you said, you was actually helping me out and put me on different people and different things that nature. So event space business is definitely something that is viable because we actually have used the event spaces in Chicago and Atlanta to Atlanta and La New York all over. So I'm excited to have this conversation. So let's jump right into an event space first and foremost, how did you How did you get into the event space game. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's funny because in Philly I've been doing like I've been doing.
Speaker 4: Events probably for a long time.
Speaker 6: I'm doing all type of book signing events, I'm doing networking mixer. So I've always been a network like that's how I add body to people, like how can I help you? Because I've been networking and helping people for so long. So I used to have these monthly events called social Sundays where people will come out, hang out, I will have conferences. I will always just be having all of this stuff. And I realized in the process of me having all of these things, right, in the process of me having all of these things, I never owned the space. The most expensive of anybody's getting in this industry. The most expensive thing when it comes to having event is finding a venue. Nothing's more expensive than finding the event. So I realized, Yo, I kept having an event after event after event. I kept paying these people, and I realized, in the process of me paying all these people, the owners would never be there.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, how are you making this money in They're never here. So that kind of what really got me in it.
Speaker 6: But what really got me in the event space is before I even decided to really make this whole initial jump in real estate essentially was I had a rental property, and I kept getting burned over and over. I'm talking about I fixed up the property, put the lady in there for like three or four months. She burned me, ended up having to get her evicted. Took a few months to get her off. We didn't put someone else in the property. They ended up burning me. I ended up doing a deal with my brother. I said, Yo, I'm going to do the renovation. Let's just split rent half in half. Ended up getting a rent for like one or two months, then got burnt. So I now by a tenant. So at that very time, I'm like this, I'm like crack, Like yeah, I'm like, dang, you teld me, I'm keep getting burned. I'm only getting three hundred a month cash flow for the property anyways, Like.
Speaker 4: I keep getting burned.
Speaker 6: So when I had the idea of getting my own event space, I always do like an analysis.
Speaker 4: I'm like, do I want to go get my own event space.
Speaker 6: Or do I want to actually just continue on with my rental property. So the main reason why I took this analysis was I'm like, yo, let's do a comparison. Most people never think about this. Most people are paying more for where they live than they can actually pay for event space. So I did the comparison. I'm like rental property event space. Like I did the comparison, I put.
Speaker 4: One here, one here.
Speaker 6: I'm like one water bill, one water bill, one gas bill, one gas bill, one electric bill, one electric bill.
Speaker 4: Insurance.
Speaker 6: The only difference in insurance between the two properties is you need a million dollars worth of coverage, which sounds like a lot, but it's less than one hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 4: And then I kept going down the line.
Speaker 6: I'm like, Okay, rental property, I gotta hope, I gotta wish, I gotta pray that.
Speaker 4: They're going to pay me.
Speaker 6: At the end of the thirty days event space, I'm guaranteed to get my money. And they're only in my venue for anywhere from four to six hours, and they're giving me seven hundred.
Speaker 4: To one thousand dollars to being in there.
Speaker 6: If I got to kick this person out for the rental property, it's going to take me one to three months. If I got to kick this person out, mini, they will never get in because they didn't pay me yet. So if you didn't pay me, you're not using a venue anyway. So in that very moment, I did my calculations and realized, like, yo, I can go ahead and make way more money with the event space business having a rental income.
Speaker 4: Constantly than my home.
Speaker 6: Like most people don't understand, like when you really I love real estate, but I'm like, this got me out of debt because I'm having five to ten events a month paying me five hundred to seven fifty at the time, I'm making way more money and I'm only using one deal than one water bill, one electric bill, one insurance bill. So essentially I run an event space business like an apartment building. I'm getting constant cash flow every single Friday, Saturday, Sunday, plus the other days that we do things constantly. So it just became a no brainer for me in that very moment. And plus I was tied of renting people places.
Speaker 4: I couldn't keep doing that.
Speaker 5: So one of the big things obviously in real estate, and I guess an event space is location, location, location, So how did you go about finding locations to actually say, you know what, this is why I want to put my place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two things.
Speaker 6: So one of the things that I tell people when you're looking for areas, you're looking for areas on the cuffs.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna go down to New York.
Speaker 6: City Manhattan like yo, I'm ready to go get me event space because it's just too expensive. The cost of rent, whether you got a mortgage, wherever you're leased, it's too much. So I always tell people look for areas that are on a come up, Like I'm from West Philly, so we say we're looking for areas that are kind of close to the hood, and then also you know they're about to be gentrified. They're right there kind of in the middle. I'm not necessarily looking for rural areas. I'm looking for areas that people could get too fast and where I can get in at a lower rate. So essentially you're looking for areas on the cuffs. You're looking on areas that are right about to gentrify, and you're also looking for areas that had the right price point. Well, most people don't know what the event space industry is. Similar to Airbnb, you don't have to own the building. So generally when you're getting an event space, you got to go out and put to buy a crib twenty percent down. Unless you're gonna use facheck, you can go ahead and lease the location, pay first month, last month's security, and then you end the game. So ideally you're looking for a location that people is easily accessible, people could drive by and recognize that it's there.
Speaker 4: That's that helps with our marketing.
Speaker 6: I get so many events book just from people driving by, like, oh I saw the venue here, I rode by it. So I recommend areas that are right on the come up. But the numbers got to be right.
Speaker 2: So how did you When did you hit your stride in the events space business?
Speaker 6: And so the way I run my spaces essentially is I got virtual assistance that running back in. I got somebody running the day to day where I don't even show up. So in the last year I showed up to the spaces I want to say probably five six times. And one of the times I showed up because I was having the baby, so we had the baby.
Speaker 4: Shower in the gender revealed or I'm going for my own events.
Speaker 2: So all right, we're in the age of Kobe right now. We're getting getting back into regular life, but we still kind of you know, under strict guidelines and all different capacities. So why is it a good time now for people to start events other than just America's starting to reopen. And why do you think now is a guitar?
Speaker 4: It's two things.
Speaker 6: I was recently at the conference, the Grand card Own Conference ten X and Donahue Peebles. You've ever ever done in here, so you know, did billions and billions in real estate. He said, when everyone's running away from something, that's when you run to it. And what he's essentially saying now was the perfect time to get into commercial space because you're able to get it at a discount versus with versus before COVID it was much more expensive. And for me, the honest thing was, I've been teaching people how to get micro spaces. I've never been telling you how to go get a five hundred person venue since I've started.
Speaker 4: That's why when you came to Philly, you.
Speaker 6: Told me I need something for one fifty two fifty, I said, shotting, I don't got nothing.
Speaker 4: But let me see what I have to do my space.
Speaker 6: We can do fifty to one hundred people because that's the sweet spot for the people that were serving. So for me, I tell people, now you go get into commercial because right now the landlords are pulling their hair out trying to figure out how I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Pay my bills.
Speaker 6: Like most businesses, a lot of businesses have shut down during COVID because one whether they're food businesses, some of them are thribbing, but some of them are clothing boutiques. There are a bunch of traditional businesses that are based on people coming inside, shopping and hoping that that will cover.
Speaker 4: Their rent and allow them to be profitable.
Speaker 6: With the event space industry, people are looking to get out of the house. They need a place. It's not like you going to somebody's house to have events. Now you're going to a location. So the reason why it's good to get in now because realtors, excuse me, the owners.
Speaker 4: Are like, yo, we just need to take anybody in our location.
Speaker 6: So now, what I've been teaching a lot of people is, YO, you can go find an event space that was already open that close down and take that because they don't know how to market. Most people don't know how to market, so they're not even surviving. You can go find a daycare that might have been opened that closed down because so many parents like, yo, I'm not bringing.
Speaker 4: My kids back. Cool.
Speaker 6: Now we could go out and change the use permitting. Now you could turn a potential daycare into event space. Same another thing in terms of commercial Just to give you guys an example we all know in COVID right, I wouldn't say it was Google, they told their employees y'all can stay home. We don't know when you're going to return to work. So what that did was most of these companies around the world everyone started working from home. So what the commercial industry is doing essentially like it was collapsing, Like, yo, how are we going to pay our overhead? So now when someone like you or me go approach a landlord, we give them a plan, let them know we're going to open up that space. They don't even know you can make money from this industry. They had no clue that this even exists. So they'll hear you out and if they're interested, we'll go ahead and do a deal with first my last month security now right now, because they just wanted to lock someone in for two to three years. They willing to do tenant improvement, they're willing to help you get in there, they willing to pay, they're willing to do all these things that my landlords weren't willing to do.
Speaker 4: When I initially got mine.
Speaker 6: Because me and my if you don't get this, somebody else won't get this anyway.
Speaker 7: Is that typical?
Speaker 5: Because as you were speaking, I'm thinking to myself how long would the least usually be? And you said something very interesting, you said, the sweet spot is fifty two one hundred, and so I'm talking, I'm thinking to myself, I'm like, well, maybe that's a sweet spot because how many people have events where they can invite five hundred people.
Speaker 7: That's not very right.
Speaker 5: So what type of flexibility do you have when you have fifty to one hundred kind of events are you able to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So, for me, our sweetest events and these are really popping now are baby showers. You know, all the babies that were created during COLVID. It's crazy, but that was already our most popular event. So you got baby showers, you got book signings, you got seminars, you got workshops, you got kid birthday parties, you got sweet sixteens, you got all of those type of events that are just happening every single day. But fifty to one hundred. One of the last time you've been in a baby shower with two hundred people, it's tough, like when you even go to a regular networking type event generally with two hundred and three hundred people.
Speaker 5: Right, so the person who's looking at it is thinking, oh, I'll get the grandiose of space, but you can't feel the space.
Speaker 7: It's very tough.
Speaker 6: And then on it when COVID did happen, you know, they cut your limits. They did all types of stuff. So now these bigger locations they call it, they got to come to the smaller locations now. But I've only ever been teaching fifty to one hundred people.
Speaker 4: It's the sweet spot. You can make seven hundred.
Speaker 6: Or grant every event that's with no up cells, just from you offering the space to somebody.
Speaker 5: And even when COVID hits now is this perfect because even the twenty percent is your capacity.
Speaker 6: And then not on that peep this, no one want to be around all these people are unless we have a small event for fifty people. We've been running that fifty people for the last few years, like that's we always been running because that's what the size of events that people are generally at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what about how did COVID affect that you personally as far as your business and your people that you've seen in your industry, How did that affect and how were you able to weather that storm? How were other colleagues or people that you mentor how are they able to weather that storm during COVID, Because it's like once that hit, everybody you know shut down. Was it just having cash reserves? Was it having flexible leases?
Speaker 4: What's to do? So in March for us, that was our toughest time for about three months.
Speaker 6: And it's not just us, you know, they shut every type of business down.
Speaker 4: For the most part for three four months.
Speaker 6: So when we told a lot of our mentees, like negotiate with your landlord, see if they willing to give you a month or two free, See if they could put it on the back of the least someone's willing to do that.
Speaker 4: Excuse me.
Speaker 6: In addition to that, I do recommend that you do have some cash, like because this man, I had to pay my rent for a couple months. But I'm saving the money that I'm not just blowing the money that I'm making.
Speaker 4: Right So for those first few.
Speaker 6: Months, it was tough, but I realized that once it opened up that more people would People are even now dying to get out of the outs like events are booming now, Like at these conferences I've been going to two three thousand people there, They're like, yo, I'm so happy to be around regular people again. So at the time, yeah, it was hard for everybody in the industry. For those first few months, it was tough. But when as cities start opening more, even if it's a little bit, we were getting creative. We had people getting ghost kitchen ghost kitchens where you essentially.
Speaker 4: Would set up your set up your.
Speaker 6: Uber eats inside of somebody events space that has a kitchen and you're doing deliveries out there. You're partnering with a your partnering with a restaurant owner, and they're paying you.
Speaker 2: Now, we spoke about that with All not your Binger Out of Ball, Yeah, we spoke about that. That was something that really boomed throwing Corona. Was that ghost kitchen situation virtual events. Yeah, even if you didn't have a restaurant, if you was just a chef or entrepreneur and you know, you need somewhere to sell you can sell it out of your house, so you need like a you know, industrial kitchen. So if you have an event space that has an industrial kitchen in it, and that's something that that's good. Now it could be like a pop up restaurant where you're actually selling food on grub Hub or uber eats.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of the moves we're about to make soon and I'm saying it's on your idn't even tell them about. We're getting like a theme event space so you can come in our location. It'll be like ten different locations. One got a private jet.
Speaker 4: Look right where you're looking like you're in a private jet.
Speaker 6: Another one is like a bathtub with balls, and another one is like a green grass wall. So now you're coming in and doing like a museum type event and everybody's paying twenty five dollars thirty five dollars in there. And then to renswer your question to another thing, you said, how did it affect people?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: People are getting their event spaces now a little bit cheaper because they're negotiating the rents. I couldn't negotiate my rent with my landlord. You had to take it or leave it. Now if you if they wanted twenty five hundred, you're willing to do twenty one hundred. You willing to do twenty two hundreds. So anyone listening to this and going to run this play, always negotiating. Ask everybody you deal with, is that the best you could do? And shut up, don't say nothing, and just see what they say. And I got my rent at my larger location from twenty five hundred to nineteen hundred just by saying that one statement.
Speaker 2: That's another one of all alumni friends, Derrek Falcon out of Baltimore, and he said that. He said that he did a class at Eyo University in the summer. He was talking about he's a restaurant owner, and he was like, if you're a restaurant owner and you're not negotiating your terms with your landlord, you're crazy right now, because it's like, all right, you know, I don't have it right now. I'll do fifty percent. Da da dada. Hey, what are they going to do? They kick you out? Nobody else is coming in, especially at that time, like probably even now, Like it's not like it's easy to get tennants to come in during a global pandemic. So it's if you're not negotiating your turns, you're crazy. And like the work that could happen is that they could say no. But yeah, like you said that, the balls actually in the court of the tenant, because the landlord, even if you stop paying rent, they can't even kick you out. It takes much depending on what state you in, Like I know in New York it takes probably up to a year to kick a tenant out, and especially during COVID, like there's not even the courts aren't even open. You got to go to zoom to get a court date exactly.
Speaker 5: Those it's stretched out for like seven eight months in the South.
Speaker 6: That's right, So why wouldn't I want to just work with somebody who do want to pay me all though I'm going to take less. So they're willing to take less because most people are signing in two to three year at least. They're like shure, because that's what happened. They're going to foreclose on that building if no one in that strip mall is paying, if no one in that warehouse is paying, if no one at that single location is paying.
Speaker 7: So if I'm starting this, what kind of the startup money do I need?
Speaker 5: Obviously you said having reserves key, but am I leasing it based on the square footage?
Speaker 7: And how does that working? Well?
Speaker 6: So I recommend that you leased the location anywhere from three thousand square feet and under.
Speaker 4: That's good in terms of size. That gets you up to fifty to one hundred people.
Speaker 6: It's a nice size where you could do one thousand to a fifteen hundred dollars event base. So I recommend you start there. You could go on crexy, you can go on Craigslist, you can hire you a realtor or realtor Goal looks for you on your behalf for free because the landlord pays then once stay locking the location. So generally any city, you're gonna need first month, last month security deposit from the very jump Street. That's just standard. And again you might can negotiate that where you might only do first month.
Speaker 4: And security deposit.
Speaker 6: And in addition to that, you're going to need whatever permits that you may need to get the location, a use permit. And again it's just so we're clear, you can't do this in someone's house. It has to be a zone commercial building where you're going to change the use permit to an art gallery to a banquet hall or whatever it is that you're looking to essentially doing your location. And then after that I tell everybody you're looking for like a box, like you don't want a space that got a bunch of cuts, because you want somebody to come inside of your venue and be able to transform that location or whatever it.
Speaker 4: Is that they want it to be.
Speaker 6: So what I tell people to do, I tell them to follow the MVP model Minimum viable product. How do we get this up as quickly as we can with the least amount of time.
Speaker 4: So that mean having the.
Speaker 6: Floor is done, painting the walls white, adding surround sound system, adding you a projector and TV, and keeping it as basic as possible because when someone come in there, such as an event planning, they're going to design it theirself.
Speaker 4: So just get your spot up and running.
Speaker 6: I got students who my first spot eighteen thousand all in. That's what me making mistakes because I didn't have no real mentor that showed me every little thing. My second spot twenty four thousand all in and include first month, last month, security construction, everything that we could think.
Speaker 2: Of that had to so twenty four thousand cash cash. Do you use credit to you refurbished the whole place?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I referb yeah before and after, like yeah, sound system lighting, all that sound system lighting. But I also negotiated you negotiate with the landlord for that location. They redid my floors for me.
Speaker 6: They put all the lights above because at the time we were doing we were still doing junk remove a little bit because that's one of my businesses I started with.
Speaker 4: So we went in there and did the demo ourselves. It wasn't won. Yeah, I don't want.
Speaker 6: To wait around for them to charge me extra to do that day of demo. So we literally got the spot up. And if you do it right, always ask negotiate an extra few months free.
Speaker 4: Why you're getting the space right?
Speaker 6: So I knew I could get the space up and run a lot quicker than they could, so I let them do everything they was going to do. But we got the space up and running in thirty days, but we still had two three more months left for free rent that we negotiate because we told them it's going to take us like three four months to get this where it needs to be in additional what you guys are doing for us, So now we just start making money those next couple months without.
Speaker 7: Making money while it's free.
Speaker 4: Why it's free?
Speaker 6: So now always negotiate, yo, how much free rent are you willing to give me? Why we got to repair it, and then some people going and they spend minimum. The space is already done. Some people are finding event venues that were once event venues, but they don't know how to market the event venues. So that's so your overhead could be as low as I mean, it could be as low as five thousand, It could be twenty thousand, it could be thirty thousand. But when you think about it in terms of I used to really think about the eighteen grand, like yo, that might sound like a lot of people. That may thirty grand might sound crazy.
Speaker 4: To some people.
Speaker 6: But then I just start thinking about traditional real estate. If you want to go buy a two family building or a three family building, just hypothetically, say a triplex in Philly on.
Speaker 4: The low end, a quarter million dollars, you got.
Speaker 6: To come to the table with twenty percent down, which is what's that twenty fifty grand. Most people don't just have fifty grand laying around, so you got to come to the table with that. Then you still got to do whatever improvement you need to do. You're essentially paying at two fifty seventy five fifty, you're basically paying eighty grand per door. You're cash flowing at best. Most real estate was their cash flow and anywhere from three hundred to four hundred dollars per door for investment product.
Speaker 4: So that's just Triplex. Maybe cash flow.
Speaker 6: In one thousand dollars a month, but you had to come up with fifty thousand down to get it. I came up with twenty four thousand down, I mean twenty four thousand all in to get my second location, where every event that we do is eight hundred dollars per event.
Speaker 4: So if you're doing five events in a week, let's do an event space math.
Speaker 6: If you do one event on Friday, two events on Saturday, one event on Sunday, and let's just say at the lowest number I teach people, five hundred is the very lowest number. That's for a small venue. You just made twenty five hundred dollars. That's ten grand a month. That don't include no upsells, that don't include if you actually charging it.
Speaker 4: I got someone in New York right here in Queen.
Speaker 6: She charged fifteen hundred minimum and then she's the in house decorator, so she's getting twenty five under the event. So the idea is that I can go in and get in this game for under twenty five thousand, then I could go ahead and leverage that with some credit cards.
Speaker 2: Last, I was gonna ask you as far as financing for people that you know are interested in getting to the business, but they you know, they don't have twenty five thousand dollars, what.
Speaker 4: Do they do got you?
Speaker 6: So it's two I break down a couple of ways for you. So it's a few things that they could do. One, leverage credit. I'm big on leveraging credit. For me when I started, I leveraged lines of credits. I'll leverage all my credit cards. I'm big on OPM. How can I get someone else's money to make me more money? That's my thing that I always ask myself, how can I do that? So for me, here's a couple play that some people could run. One you can go to, you can go to. I'll give you two right now. So if you already got an LLC, it's a car called Dibby. This is a new card that came out where they give you a line of They basically give you it's a charge card where they give you a line based on the amount of money that's in your bank account. So it's no PG and it's a soft pull and they'll give you a decision with it the next just say twenty four to seventy two hours. So I had people getting ten grand, I had people getting twenty grand. So that's what's it called diddy d IVV might be applied dot dibby, So somebody can go do that right now and you'll be able to go ahead and get approved and you're able to use this now. Again, it's a charge card, so you do have to pay it off within thirty days. But this is good for somebody who got to float something like I know I'm gonna get X.
Speaker 4: Amount of money in thirty days. Let me go ahead and use that.
Speaker 6: And you can get that card now and never use it until the time that you needed. Another play, you can run the Navy Federal play where you simply can call Navy Federal right now, and it's something that anybody can you can pause the episode, call Navy Federal, im like, Hey, I'm looking to get a Navy Federal card.
Speaker 4: My granddad was in the military.
Speaker 6: Generally, they're not going to ask for the information and they just approve you right there. Essentially most times normally, if you don't get approved, just hang up and call back and just talk to someone else, and they're probably going to improve you.
Speaker 4: Once they approve you.
Speaker 6: I suggest that you go ahead and put money in the bank account, kind of hang out for like thirty days, let them know that you're looking to build a business with them, looking to do business with them, and most likely they're going to improve you for hire if you wait thirty days.
Speaker 4: But I did it right away. I got from Navy fereral.
Speaker 6: I think I want to say I got maybe eighteen thousand on the first I did it as soon as I did it.
Speaker 4: But the card that you want to apply for is the Platinum Car.
Speaker 6: And the reason why you do the Platinum car because it's zero interest for a year if you do balance transfer within thirty days. So now you got credit elsewhere that you are already paying eighteen twenty percent. My suggestion that you do is you go ahead and pay that off. You pay that off with that card and now you got zero interest on it.
Speaker 4: Or use that.
Speaker 6: Same zero interest card and you start outfitting your event space.
Speaker 4: And that's for people with credit.
Speaker 6: Another thing that you could do want if your credit is right, you can also go to floor in the core if you need floor and if you need backsplash, if you got to install a bathroom, and again most cases you don't got to do all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: But if you are doing.
Speaker 6: This, go get you a floor in the Core card same exact thing, NOPG and they will also give you that for a year zero percent interest. So now I can go get my flooring done. That is one of the most expensive things when you're getting the event space.
Speaker 4: If you are responsible for putting in for another move that.
Speaker 6: I'll tell a lot of people, and this is something I presented to my friends. Like you may don't have a cash, partner with somebody. Two ways you can partner with somebody. Find somebody who already has an event space, i e.
Speaker 4: A church, i e. Someone got one laying around.
Speaker 6: Because most of them don't know how to effectively market you let them know, Hey, I'll do the marketing. Can I bring you some events and can we split the money or come up with a percentage that may make sense for you bringing them.
Speaker 4: So all you got to do is say, hey, I got an event space.
Speaker 6: I teach everybody start marketing that you have an event space before you get it, because it may take you three months to get your spot. It may take you four months, but if everyone knows you're in the process of getting one, when you finally get.
Speaker 4: One, it's like, oh, I can go to Troy. Troy Eve been saying.
Speaker 6: You're about to get a spot now, So now I'm sending my business to you. So even if I don't even have business yet, I mean, when I start getting a business, I'm now sending that to all of my partners. Another way you could set this up. You can call a hotel right now in your city. You could call multiple Hoole tells right now in your city. Most of them are turning down so many different events because they want catering packages.
Speaker 4: They want you to get catering. They want you to get You.
Speaker 6: Got to have a huge minimal people trying to spend no more than like three grand on the baby shop you go to a hotel might be like ten. So now you create a relationship, ask for the catering manager, let them know you manage multiple smaller event spaces. This is when you already went to these other ones, created like a partnership. And do you mind sending any work your way that you know you can't handle, Whether you give them a kickback, or you create some sort of mutual beneficial relationship with them.
Speaker 4: But now we.
Speaker 6: Got hotels calling us given us work that is trash work for them anyway, because I only got a grand, only got two grand, so they not even refine.
Speaker 4: It to nobody. So now somebody can go get that. And the other thing.
Speaker 6: That last thing I said that some people could do is partner with some friends. I literally was in Philly. I had a bunch of my homies come by. I'm like, yo, guys, let's run this event. Space play all of us. It was five ten of us in the room. Let's all put it was ten of us at the time. I just need all of y'all to put and these are my childhood friends. Let's all put three hundred dollars up a month. I'm going to run event. I'm gonna take fifty fifty percent. Y'all take the other head.
Speaker 4: I'll run it. I'll do all of that.
Speaker 6: Everybody put three thousand dollars up a month as a.
Speaker 4: Collective, three hundred each. They equals three thousand, three zou right. So after the year we got thirty six thousand dollars. That's enough for us to get the space.
Speaker 6: And again, since I'm not just teaching how to get the space, now we're doing event rents. Now, we're doing table and chair rents. Now, we're doing throwing rents. And now everybody out of those ten people are running a different department.
Speaker 4: Now, we just built us essentially event space in a right, So.
Speaker 7: You built the business inside the business.
Speaker 5: So you're the one that when you have the event space, obviously you have to have chairs, and so now people need the chairs.
Speaker 7: You're renting the chairs.
Speaker 4: I'm running the chair.
Speaker 6: I'm giving you my tables and chairs as just as a because most people are charging an hour of cart fall lease. Right, so when you come to me, hey, you call hey, you're hey, how much did it cost for your venue? So the first thing, hey, let me up break down everything you get. All your tables and chairs are included so you don't have to rent them. Listen to about what I'm saying though, so you don't have to rent them. In their mind, they're like, oh crap, you ain't got to rent them. It includes your surround sound system so you don't have to hire DJ another price. It includes your projector and TV if you want to put a presentation or put anything up on the wall. It includes a six hour events on four hour event on an hour set up in an hour breakdown. It includes parking. The parking is the street parking. We're paid parking. If we do have our spot, we have a paid parking lot. Our price is normally a thousand. We're doing that for only eight hundred. They called them someone else. Yeah, so chairs is this much? Chairs is that much?
Speaker 4: Chairs is this? And it may be the same price.
Speaker 6: But by the time they're saying all of that, they're like, huh, so now we're able to make money off the linens. We're a ready to make money off the throne, chairs, We're a ready to make money off.
Speaker 4: All you need an extra hour time.
Speaker 6: So I was just plugging my homies into our system where somebody running the thrones, somebody running tables and chairs, somebody run the marquee letters. So every area that we can make money, somebody run the event plan in the business. So now we just created the business that possibly can make us thirty grand a month off of everybody putting a small three hundred dollars up.
Speaker 4: So again, you may.
Speaker 6: Don't have ten friends, but you might have somebody that got the money and you got the time.
Speaker 4: So I tell people, now, this game is about getting created.
Speaker 6: No one knows event spaces exist, like all of us go to these events spaces.
Speaker 4: You know we can own these.
Speaker 6: Right, So that's just something I've been just I'm just showing people I think.
Speaker 5: I mean, the throne chair thing is when you think about it, right, you see it at the showers all the time, like the mother to be sitting it.
Speaker 7: I'm never thinking like somebody's renting that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So what about you said the letter rentals like people are renting actually, like if I had my son's name was Aiden, Like I'm renting each letter at one.
Speaker 6: Twenty five each. Those letters cost about one seventy five to produce. You're renting them out at one twenty five each. So every letter eight AI D Y N and then I might even charge you with livery fee for that, but they only cost you one seventy five to get. So now the reason why I love is business, whether it's event space throne chairs, because mostly everything you rent you got your money back after three rens and it's all free money after that.
Speaker 4: Everything. Like, let me give you guys a play on making your event space for free.
Speaker 6: Right, So the reason why I love this game so much is I show you how to go out and get your space for free. Like, once you go out and get get the space locked in, how do we make this space for free? So one of my strategies, and I'm sharing this with y'all, it's one of my secret my little back pocket things that don't work good. But we go ahad and find churches. So for the last couple of years, I had one church who rent my space, my smaller sp and let me give you all my numbers so you understand. For my smaller space is nineteen hundred dollars a month, fifteen hundred for the rent, one hundred for the electric electric insurance all Wi Fi's nineteen hundred. My larger space is twenty five hundred all in. So on my smaller space, I had a church who rent my space during the daytime. They rented every Sunday from nine am to twelve it's one thousand dollars a month. At a church who rented every Sunday from five pm to eight three Sundays out of the month, they paid fourteen hundred dollars a month. So for twenty five hundred dollars a month. I have one church, two churches in there, covering my entire overhead. Everything else is profit.
Speaker 2: They're coming in. What's the time frames again, the churches coming in.
Speaker 6: So the churches coming in most most people won't get two churches. I had two at one location. But the time frames is nine to twelve. What you're doing nine to twelve on a Sunday anyway you sleep, you're going to work, going to church, or you're going to church.
Speaker 4: So we're giving away our dead hours.
Speaker 6: We never rent our big our location on Sundays at nine am.
Speaker 4: Ever, no one said, oh, we have in the baby shower nine am.
Speaker 6: This Sunday going up, So now we lock in the church that give us our overhead from who're giving us a stack of.
Speaker 4: Month every month.
Speaker 6: Guaranteed, you could go ahead and put up a post on Craigslist, Facebook, let people know you're looking for.
Speaker 4: A church home, blocking the church.
Speaker 6: Most churches don't want to have a We were running in the world now where people just want to be leaned with things like we're not just being outlandish with spendings, so they don't want to go get a whole big building worry about electric, worry about gas.
Speaker 4: Yoll just give me a grand a month.
Speaker 2: It included everything, or a lot of churches like don't even have enough money to like, you know, people think of church and it's like all of the big churches, the mega churches. But this, especially in a black community, this churches on every single corner. So a lot of these churches financially they don't have a large congregation, or they might just be starting out and they can't afford to buy a building.
Speaker 4: Why they do this and then peep their shoddy to peep the game.
Speaker 6: If if you get ten people in there giving you tithes and offerings at twenty five hours each, it's two fifty. If you're giving us on thousand a month, it's two fifty a week. So now even to the pastor like man, I'm even I'm basically doing to serve, you know, give give, you know, help, help, give the work, give them the word basically not even the serve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and make a profit.
Speaker 5: I mean now just saying that something like you know, I go to church, and I'm thinking that Saturday Sunday play is very very smart because Sunday, obviously.
Speaker 7: It's traditional for you know black people and Christians. Christians go to church.
Speaker 5: But on Saturday nights they have Spanish speaking church and then Sunday.
Speaker 4: Evenings Fridays they got they got a mass hip.
Speaker 7: So now it's like they can rent the.
Speaker 2: Saturday nights not a good night, that's not you can't.
Speaker 7: But that's when people are going.
Speaker 2: No, no, but Satday nights in event space, I'm.
Speaker 7: Thinking about my church specifically, but yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And Philly especially it's a large Muslim population in Philadelphia. Friday Friday, that's in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: That's well, no one's using it. So let me give you two more.
Speaker 6: So you got the mass chick that could run on Friday. They give you five hundred to a stack of month. You got your church giving you a stack of month. Most people are not paying more than three grand for their rent unless you're in New York, unless you're in LA for the most part, if you're running my model three thousand square feet or less for the most part. So now what we did was we locked in our church. You possibly locked in the Masshick. But here's the next things you do. Now you host a monthly business pop up shop. So now with the monthly business pop up shop, you have ten vendors. All of those vendors give you one hundred dollars. They're dying to get out and sell their merch. They can come one location every single month, first Fridays of the month. If you do this, I recommend Fridays with event spaces Fridays or normally the slower day of the three out of Friday, SETDA and Sunday.
Speaker 4: So now we're doing that every month at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Ten people all giving us one hundred dollars in what we tell them in a contract, they got to bring the people. In order for you to go ahead and set up, you are required to bring fifteen people here minimum. So now guess what we just did. We boret one hundred and fifty new people in our location. Remember everybody who I bring my little essentially is a marketer for me, because every time we have an event, every event we have, somebody's going to return and book the location or they going to tell somebody about it just in casual conversation that hey, I'm looking for a space, or you know, I was just there for a pop up shop. So now we're possibly making one thousand dollars now on the pop up shop. The next event that we run, and this is in house events that you're growing, or you could partner with somebody. The next event that we run. We run an art show every month. So you could do an art show with one artist, or you could do it with four artists. You could charge four artists each two hundred and fifty dollars each. I'm just everything I do I think about, I at least need a thousand dollars, but it's to make sense, so you could charge each artist two hundred and fifty dollars. They all get their own law to display their art. They keep the money. I make my money. They're responsible for all the marketing. But it doesn't feel like a burden on that artist to give me two hundred and fifty dollars to just be here for four or five hours promoting everything I got going on.
Speaker 4: So now we just ran the art play.
Speaker 6: So now we're making money from the artists making money from the pop up shop.
Speaker 4: Now we're making money from the church in addition to the artists.
Speaker 6: With my mentor does he does a sixty forty split, The artists keep sixty, they keep forty. So if you go sell ten grand word for art that night artists gets six grand, he get four grand. So you may make more money doing the rev share model than you will make then a one off. So now you got an art show every month, you got a business event every month, you got the church every month.
Speaker 4: So now every event.
Speaker 6: Outside of them three events, it's free money. Every baby shower, you get every book sign and you get every seminar you get, and you do coworking space during the week's free money.
Speaker 4: A lot of people even use these spaces as their office.
Speaker 6: Now at one of my man's paying seventeen hundred dollars a month, his name Pat shot out past seventeen hundred dollars a month to.
Speaker 4: Use a co working space.
Speaker 6: I say, yo, bro, run the event space, play, bring all your employees that work nine to five, and then rent it out.
Speaker 4: So now his office isn't free and now he's profit.
Speaker 6: So those are just a few ways that you can essentially make your event space for free. Just from the church. Play all my menteach on that that's like that take a path year over head.
Speaker 5: And I was thinking, I was thinking myself that Monday through Friday, right that event space because we actually ran into this problem as far as.
Speaker 7: Schools, it's good.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 5: They needed a space for after school program and so I'm thinking, now you get tied in with the school districts and now you got an event. You got you turn your event space into an actual after school program activity and that's guaranteed every single.
Speaker 4: MORO also MLM. So MLM they have Monday night events trading for X. They normally go to the hotels.
Speaker 6: So now I'm going to if I'm somebody getting in the game, I'm going to the hotel events just to go to the MLM meeting.
Speaker 4: Let me find out who's in charge with the hotel charge. They charged me more than I'm going to charge you. Let me lock in that contract.
Speaker 6: So I had Herbal Life one of my mentees giving us a thousand dollars a month for using a spot three thursdays every month, every every every month.
Speaker 4: And then guess what how to get in block box. I'm not going into of these events.
Speaker 2: This is all on all on all those like Airbnb. Let me ask you this, so, all right, is it necessary? It really makes like you can get the spot without actually refurbishing and all of that.
Speaker 4: Do you have to refurbish it.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the nicer it looks, the more appealing, the more attractive it is to people. But is that mandatory? Can you just go as is?
Speaker 6: You could go as is if it's like it gotta look like something, and it depends on your theme. If this is a rustic old look, if it's an abandoned look, it depends on it.
Speaker 2: But if you can you do very like can you just paint the walls and like, do you recommend to have stroll lights to make it really nice?
Speaker 4: On you paint? That's my n VP. Now you do all of that when you start making some bread.
Speaker 2: Right later on, Pat pink painted.
Speaker 4: If you got seamen floors, glades, the seaming.
Speaker 6: Floors are panel excuse me, painal, keep it moving, add your TV ed, your projector because now you can have movie screenings, you can do all the extra stuff that you can.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, But keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC ernests What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the re seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. They're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready to see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply hiring indeed is all you need at.
Speaker 4: Tournament to all types of stuff.
Speaker 6: So you add all of that little stuff because now it's also helping them customer. They don't got to go out and hire a DJ. They come to us and book with us because they.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't got to hire DJ.
Speaker 6: I don't got to get surround sound, I don't got to get tables and chairs.
Speaker 2: It's a variety of different things. Sororities, fraternities, they have to meet somewhere, Different organizations have to meet places, community based organizations. Just you just run down the list, like a lot of stuff happens like in local community centers and stuff like that. But if there's no local community center, or if the local community center isn't available, or if the local community center just doesn't have the capacity. These are all things if you think about it, there's so many different stuff political events where people need to you know, talk to people. I mean you can kind of just go on and on the list just goes, you know, forever, like different different places where people need to meet, because people always need to meet. Now we're in the age of COVID of people are meeting virtually a lot. But you know, we're getting back to people actually meeting in person. So let me ask you this as far as because we do a lot of traveling and it's crazy, like we've actually done more traveling during COVID than we did before COVID.
Speaker 6: You've been getting busy, you know, it's crazy, man, Like every week, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: Spent a lot of time in Miami, a lot of time in la We spent a month in California during the summer. So we've been moving around with most try to move to Cali, but most people still aren't really moving around that much. So how has like is it what's the vibe as far as people coming back into the events space?
Speaker 4: Are they like six feet apart wearing masks? Is weird?
Speaker 2: Or is it just like Atlanta where people just don't care and not wear Like, how have you seen or like, what have you heard as far as people coming back in and how has that been? Just like from a vibe standpoint.
Speaker 4: Well, Atlanta is regular, you know Texas, right, It's just it's on and pop. So the thing about it.
Speaker 6: Is most people who are coming to these events, they want to come to these events, so they're coming there.
Speaker 4: You're not when we went out.
Speaker 6: When we hang, we we hang like we boys were just having us a good time, so we not get away from you. So, yeah, people are wearing masks. We are telling the protocol A. You do need to wear a mask. Don't be all gathered up heavier in clusters. We do need to be around. But we're not in there like it's the police. Yeah we're not because we run our thing on although anyway, so we're not like monitoring every little little thing that you do. So from my understanding that people just want to get out.
Speaker 4: Is it like temperature checks that have to be Yeah, so that's the whole I'll give you that place. So temperature checks.
Speaker 6: We were doing temperature checks momentary, but you do need to have employee there to be doing that, or you just put it in your contract that someone is required to do temperature.
Speaker 4: Checks from their team, from their team who's booking it.
Speaker 6: That way you're saving money or not having to actually have someone there. But right now, with temperature checks such as conferences and stuff, this is another business someone can run. Literally right now, you can go ahead and get you the temperature check system pretty much where it can check multiple people for like a couple grand it's cameras that are checking multiple people when we're going into ten X conference. That is a requirement at bigger locations. So you can almost two things. You can now go reach out to every convention center in America, let them know the services that you provide.
Speaker 4: Hey, I realize that.
Speaker 6: Based on your government rules, temperature checks are required. We offer a service where we send somebody in and do all the temperature checks to keep your event safe and up the standards. And if anyone who doesn't make the temperature check, we put them in a room and we'll deal with that. You're having an event, you don't really want to be focusing on that second thing you could do as an upsell.
Speaker 4: We're big on up sales in the event space.
Speaker 6: You can now tell people, yo, we require a temperature check person on site. It's going to be another one hundred and fifty dollars for your event. We check everybody in your event. This keeps us safe and this makes sure your event is safe. You pay an individual twenty five dollars an hour. You're charging them one fifty or whatever the number is. So in this game, trying to increase the value and everything, whether it's you also adding linens and chair.
Speaker 4: You're adding linens.
Speaker 6: If you're adding the hour time, we give you six hour, four hour event time hour set of hour breakdown. Most event planners can't set up in an hour, so guess what they need them another hour at time. So how can we increase the value? How can we increase the amount of money?
Speaker 5: So I know you don't really go to the spaces yourself, right, it's running on auto.
Speaker 7: So are their employees there?
Speaker 5: Because I know the biggest thing, especially in events is set up breakdown and sometimes if you got two or three events in a day, that has to be expedited.
Speaker 4: Yuep.
Speaker 5: So what's that process like getting people in high they are people on site?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so let me break this down for you. So I used to be the guiding on site. So for the first two and a half three years this I haven't taught nobody event spaces like I just started teaching people just like two years ago. First three years, I'm in there grinding everything, settling it up, breaking it down, taking out the trash mopping. And I tell people when you do first start, you need to be in there doing this because you need to know. Nobody can't tell me it's gonna take you more than an hour of clean that place up. I used to do it myself in fifteen twenty minutes at a rapid speed. Right, So I used to be the guy there, super overprotective. When to see everything, I tore my ACL playing ball, went to the hospital and they was like, yo, you're not gonna be able to do nothing for the next you know. You know ACL is serious, So you damn you on crutches for the next thirty days, minimum thirty sixty days.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yo, I got a business to run.
Speaker 6: Luckily, I was a business owner, because he was like, yo, you got to tell your job you can't do nothing on your legs.
Speaker 4: I'm like, lucky, I'm a business own.
Speaker 6: That's why I tell people it's important to know how to make money more than just from your hands. You got to learn how to use your mind as well. So while I'm sitting there, I just started thinking my wife and my mom. It wasn't my wife at the time. My fiance is running the spaces, they setting people up, they breaking it down. I'm like, yo, this is too much work on them Like this just I can't be having them daughter's work. So I literally sat there and I had to epipoty and a word just came in my mind that said all to me. I don't know how it came on there, and I said, what did that mean? I'm going to have everybody moving forward sign a contract that they're required to give me my event space the same exact way that we gave it to them. So now with this automated process, everyone signs a contract you have to read and we tell them because we're offering this event space to you for so cheap, it's required for you to do the setup and it's required for you to do the breakdown. So when you come inside of our venue, it's just a blank canvas. Chairs, chairs are over there, tables are over there. You set all of those things up, and you break all of those things down. And we're being very clear on the contract and when we're communicating this with them, so they're aware of this. So now they're setting it up and they're breaking it down and returning it the same way that we gave them, or they lose their security deposit. So now I just send an employee in there at the end, and it depends how we're working. He just comes sweep mop and prepare for the next event for that quick turnaround time. So essentially we start automating everything by making them do it, and then we give them a lock box code to go get in if we can't get there in time. So now they go there, and now they go there, get in with a lotbox, they set it up and they break down, give it back to us the same way that we gave to them, and now we're running that play over and over again, and that same employee. I tell people to hire one employee, go eighteen or twenty one year older. You could pay them anywhere from thirty five hundred dollars a week to run your location. And again, when you're running a micro space under three thousand square feet, you can use one person. Two people may be ideal, but one person is sweet. So what I tell people is that's how we run it. That same one person they work our open house on Tuesdays. They work our open house on Thursdays, so they're handling booking people in and they're also the person who clean up the venue. If you hire a cleaning service. When y'all do Airbnb, they always add the cleaning service. One twenty five eighty five two hundred. That same person now is also cleaning. So now that one employee now is cleaning, they're doing the bookings, they're setting up events that they need to they're breaking down events and they need to one person. And then you got a virtual assistant with which we hire. You could load up on jobs dot pa to pick one up or virtual assistance on demand pick a va up. They run my entire back office. They do all the Instagram posts, they do all the posts on Craigslist, they do all the marketing posts, They answer all the phone calls, they do all the contracts, they do all the texts, so you can have a two person operation. And the BA gets paid anywhere from five hundred to a grand a month. They're paid off off of one job. So now we run this whole auto. That's how I on show up to my events. But I had to go through some pain. I had to tear my acl to sit my butt still to make me realize, oh crack.
Speaker 7: So how time consuming is this?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: So if I'm starting this business, I'm a full I got a full time job.
Speaker 7: I'm a teacher. How much time am I going to need?
Speaker 5: Because that's the number one thing that people always tell me I don't have time to do it, so I wish I had more time.
Speaker 7: How much time is.
Speaker 5: Needed or do I have to allocate to actually get this thing off the ground and get it gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So for me, I'm gonna be honest when you first start, and I'm recommending that you be there for those ninety days like you, giving it as much energy and effort you can to the business and the reaon.
Speaker 4: Why I recommend that is you need to know how it works. You need to know how to set it up, you need to know how to break it down.
Speaker 6: In the first ninety days, I recommend having as many free events as possible because free events they those individuals are your marketer. The real way I got the churches, I got because they came to one of the events that we had and someone talked about and we found them that way. But if you never got these people in your building, amagers make money on the front and experts make money on the back. And get people in there for free, give everybody a fire about what you got.
Speaker 4: Going on so they can come back and see what you got going on. So what we essentially did was that's how we started. We just have a bunch of free events.
Speaker 6: But to answer your question, I recommend that you're going to have to put some time when you get off your work, get off work at night, you need to be showing up. You need to be working your open houses. So I would say anywhere from ten to twenty hours a week. But you can hire somebody, but I recommend you going to hire somebody till ninety days till you know the business. But weekends that's the busiest time Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But once you start setting up the auto process, you can. If you don't hire employees, just send a cleaner to set the clean those things up in between the switch. But I do recommend starting out, you need to have somebody there. If that's not going to be you, but somebody needs to be there. And I recommend you never get a venue past forty five minutes from where you live at because a lot of people you know, I want to start I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Open this jowing up in New York, but I live in Philly. Not because you don't.
Speaker 6: If you don't have nobody reliable or a partner, you need to be able to get to your venue with for forty five minutes. I really like twenty to thirty minutes. So I would say starting out, it's front end loaded because once you get the space up and running, everything else is the easy part.
Speaker 4: So it could take you a month to get it up and run it, so you need to be able to put some effort into it.
Speaker 6: But once then once you hire those the VA and the one employee told y'all, I've only been to my spots a few times in the last year, literally.
Speaker 2: So how much money can somebody make off of this? Like, you know, I guess it obviously depends on different where you're at geographically, but typically on average, and somebody's going in, they got your event space where it's like fifty people twel hundred people max, and the you know, decent location, what can they expect to me?
Speaker 4: So you can.
Speaker 6: Expect what I recommend a lot of my mentees that fifty to one hundred on the low end, I'm talking about just in Philly, we're getting a minimum of seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Per event to one thousand dollars an event.
Speaker 6: On the very worst end, if you just do an event on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at seven hundred.
Speaker 4: This include no upsells to This include.
Speaker 6: No chair rnoms, this include no uplights to including none of the extra things that you could just keep tapping on and crease your income. Let's just say three events at seven hundreds twenty one hundred dollars a week. Let's say you do three events at five hundreds fifteen hundreds a week. Twenty one hundred times four is like eighty five hundred or eighty four hundred. So it really depends on the amount of effort. But that's the low end. If you start going events Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and do you have those two that one anchor church and two of your own events, whether you do it yourself, where you're partner with somebody is it could be I tell people safe. Because I tell people safe, you could make five thousand and ten thousand profit of month. That's my goal with people. I want you to be able to make five to ten grand profit every single month. I have mentees. One Tanisa, she's in Atlanta. She's making twenty five thousand a month running her two spaces as a full time teacher.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had Corey, He's making fifteen thousand dollars a month in Philly. He works full time as like a nurse assistant or something like that. So the numbers all vary. I had mentees. I just showed your post. He just started last month. His first money did sixty five hundred so and he got seven hundred and fifty square feet, which is relatively small. So it really depends on your effort. But I tell people my goal is to make five thousand and ten thousand dollars a month profit.
Speaker 4: My last job, I need fifteen hundred dollars a month. I work two hundred and twenty hours.
Speaker 6: I work forty hours a week, hour to get there, hour to get home, I hour to prepare his fifty five hours a week, two hundred and twenty hours a month. I was making fifteen hundred hours a month. Now only gotta do two events. So so people could replace their job income with you know, one or two events a weekend if they start hustling, really putting the effort in.
Speaker 7: That was my next thing.
Speaker 5: It was like, I know you're in Atlanta, Yeah, and so you know circle CEOs shout out to or the brothers in the circle CEOs.
Speaker 7: Got a lot of things moving in Atlanta. That's the next move are we expanding into other cities.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't expand to a city right now that I'm not in.
Speaker 6: That's still I'm still following that model unless I'm partnering with somebody who are going to run I'm literally looking at Atlanta, but I'm thinking about running my museum play so I'm thinking about and if we got room for another space, will run that as well.
Speaker 7: So you're gonna get an event space and now that's going to be a museum and so no.
Speaker 6: You know, I talked about the theme room. Okay, everything right now. You know I'm heavy on Instagram. We need that's a whole nother thing.
Speaker 5: That's when you started talking about the ads. I'm like, if y'all don't follow Neil on Instagram, that's.
Speaker 4: A whole other thing.
Speaker 6: But everything right now is going how can you make things Instagram people want to share?
Speaker 4: And that's like fire stuff that the ladies would eat that stuff up? What is it?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: What is it? You ever been to a track museum?
Speaker 6: No, I haven't heard it. I know what it is though, So basically you'll go in there. Just say we're in the office right now. This is the R and B room right here, So now we got a picture there. That's one room. You're sitting right here. Now you're in a podcast studio. You're sitting over there. Now you in you in a You're in a bubble bath filled with bubbles.
Speaker 4: You go to this section, it's a private jet.
Speaker 6: So now it's a jet chair that appears like you're on a private jet. But all these are different theme rooms. So now you got all these different pictures you could use for your gram and just look.
Speaker 4: You know. The Graham is like, how can you just people want to be flyed? Like you know what I'm saying, how can I stand? Sometimes? Bro Roy says lambos. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So so the idea is it's almost like it's a pop up museum, but we would make that staple a staple piece and charge twenty five thirty five hours a ticket and make it like a unique dope experience. But it's just another form of running an event space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. Liquor, Yeah, that's a big thing. Even when we was going to Philly, I remember there was an issue with that. I forgot but it was like it was like you can't bring you can't sell it. You can bring liquor, but you can't sell it. Then you can get like a bar, like if you have a bartender come in, then technically you can use their bar license.
Speaker 4: How's that work go? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So for us, one of the things, I don't teach people how to get a liquor license because I don't teach anything I don't do personally, So I don't know the exact steps on getting the liquor license.
Speaker 4: I know it's a little bit of work. You could get it done.
Speaker 6: But we recommend byob but you do have to have like insurance for that particular events like one hundred and seventy five hours where people can go ahead and serve their own drinks. You can't sell it though at all. So but you can do a by obata and they can serve it in that way. They can serve it, but you can't ain't selling no tickets.
Speaker 4: All of it. That's like that's a liquor license.
Speaker 6: It's illegal. That's the way people might do it. I don't recommend it, and I don't do it.
Speaker 7: So what are some other fees?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: So you, I know you just said there's a bunch of apartments that you have to get.
Speaker 5: What are some of those fees that the average person coming into the space and know that they should be prepared for to get.
Speaker 4: On this space for sure, first month, last month of security. For sure.
Speaker 6: You need to get a million dollar insurance policy just because you want to be covered for any liability. And that scares a lot of people's like one hundred dollars a month seventy seven dollars to one hundred dollars a month depending on what company that you uh, what company that you work with.
Speaker 4: Of course, your your all your bills.
Speaker 6: Just think about it like your household bills, are your saying bills for your event space, electric gas water, electric gas water and again your use permit. Again, you do have to do the research for your city. Every city requires something different, different city, you know what I'm saying. Every city requires something different to operate the events bunch of dollars. So you do need to go to your municipal building and find out, Hey, how much is the use permit? They normally a couple hundred dollars or they're not name crazy. Then you may have to furnish certain paperwork with that. But it's simpler then it seems. But you do want to make sure you're negotiating the contract right with the landlord. One mistake that I made on my last space. Everybody make sure you add this clause to your lease. It's called first writer refusal. And what this happens is if someone so they sold my and not many people notice they sold my event space, my second one, like right under my eyes. Why are y'all coming? I was ready to buy the building, and I wasn't ready. And I'll tell people how they can buy buy a building too, But I wasn't prepared to buy that building at that time that I got it.
Speaker 4: So you add in a clause in the first writer of refusal. So if they do sell that building.
Speaker 6: They got to come to you first and mention it to you before they even mentioned it to put it out on the market. So now, oh, I'm prepared to buy it, and now I would abort the building if.
Speaker 4: They would have told me.
Speaker 6: They didn't even tell me because I didn't have that clause inside of my lease.
Speaker 4: So making sure your paperwork right is also important.
Speaker 6: Some people rushing these these leads in these paperwork and it make no sense, like you're going to go get a spot that sixty five hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 4: I tell people all the time.
Speaker 6: If you can't cover your rent within two weeks, that spot you shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Even be thinking about it.
Speaker 6: So for example, if your rent sixty five hundred dollars a month and you're charging one thousand dollars of event and you're only doing two events a week, it's an automatic cancel because it don't make sense. So I tell people all the time, you don't just get in. Make sure you know what you're doing for you getting this game. Yeah, I'm making money, but I had a whole lot of mistakes that I made a whole bunch of trial and errors. But now I've been able to streamline and figure it out that that works for me and everyone that I show, simply because you got to know what you're doing. You got to know how to negotiate. You don't want to get the wrong spot.
Speaker 2: What's some of the biggest mistakes that people make in the event space?
Speaker 4: One paying too much rent?
Speaker 6: Like they rush like oh I found one, like yo, they might listen to podcasts, go find one tomorrow, I'm in it.
Speaker 4: They didn't think about area.
Speaker 6: They didn't think about marketing, they didn't think about they didn't think about like what is going to take to get people in my building.
Speaker 4: That's why I tell people the free events. Initially.
Speaker 6: A couple other mistakes they make is if you got neighbors like they had, Like one of my earlier own mistakes I make is bringing in the DJ. So you bringing the DJ. And if you got neighbors upstairs or next to you and you super loud, now you just got somebody complaining all day.
Speaker 4: They trying to get you up out of there.
Speaker 6: So I had people that had to lead their space because they kept getting noise complaints. They kept calling the city, they kept calling the landlord, and they got them out of there.
Speaker 4: After they went and got this whole space up and running.
Speaker 6: So I'm telling you, go meet with the neighbor, go meet with the landlord, Go play music. That's why I recommend the sound system because we control that. Our sound system locked in the box. You control it with your phone. Now you plug your phone in, you turn it up and down based on your phone. But we got it at a max level. And the other thing that I personally like about it is in the last two years, then the last two since one location we're on or five years or other than three years.
Speaker 4: The maintenance is crazy. It's no maintenance because you got to think about it. People are only coming in for six hours.
Speaker 6: The most use they're doing is flushing your tallet, and you got to do a repay every four months around your building.
Speaker 4: Guess what, they're not living there. They can't stay, there is no funiture. Put them a leaning on.
Speaker 6: The worst thing you're doing is leaning on my walls, maybe flushing something that don't belong down the tallet. So your maintenance is minimal. That's why I really love the game. It's got me debt free, but it got me debt free and retired my mind and wife. Because I started making seven hundred dollars per event, the velocity of money started being crazy.
Speaker 4: Compared to just that one door that I had at that time.
Speaker 5: So in terms of marketing, I know you said bringing people in for free was a good form, whether it's some other ways that you use, or you know that it's successful for people to market.
Speaker 6: So Google ads is good because most people who are running the events space aren't running Google ads. Posting on Craigslist is good, posting on Facebook Marketplace is good. Allowing influencers to use your space in exchange for a testimonial or a mention just getting as many The game is, I tell people in first ninety days, get as many bodies in the door. So we had fifty events and everybody bring fifty people.
Speaker 4: Fifty what's that?
Speaker 6: Twenty five hundred people who came to my building. And guess what I'm doing at the end, I'm giving a flyer to everybody.
Speaker 4: Hey, ten percent off your next event. Ten percent off your next event.
Speaker 6: Another thing that people don't do, they don't send direct mail. To really send direct mail, like a postcard is expensive, but when you go directly to.
Speaker 4: The US postool's website.
Speaker 6: You could do something called direct mail where you're sending a postcard for pennies. So now you're doing direct mail and you can cover the entire zip code that you're in and send a blast like five thousand people for maybe a grand.
Speaker 4: Let's do the math on a grand.
Speaker 6: If only one percent or ten percent of those people with five thousand book which let's go one percent, that's fifty people on one thousand dollars. Even if we do a half a percent, that's twenty five people average event, five hundred to one thousand dollars. You've just made that money back. But I tell people. Every time you get somebody in your door, they're a marketer for you. And one thing that worked for us is we used to run Instagram ads specifically to they.
Speaker 4: Just see our venue.
Speaker 6: It's a picture of our venue with the slides of all the different events we had. And when they're looking at all the different slides and the different events that we had, they.
Speaker 4: Can't like it. They can't comment. They got to dm us.
Speaker 6: So now when they dm us, I got a quick reply already ready things for your interests. And we're only letting women see this ad from twenty one to fifty or sixty because guess what, it's not too many men calling us booking the venue unless they have an event like you're having. They not calling booking the venue. So I'm only letting women see my ad. And you're getting that ad done for pennies, you know. I mean, I'm paying like five to ten bucks to get people to respond to me. But if they book a event, it's set one hundred dollars to a stack event.
Speaker 4: For what we do.
Speaker 2: So when did you get into education like teaching people itself?
Speaker 6: I got it education with this like two years ago. So I did it for three years first, like, I don't even know what made me getting that. One of my mentees saying she was the reading she told me, I don't even remember shoddy what made me do it? But when I got some success about it, and I'm the guy is I don't operate with a scarcity mindset like most people operate on. So I don't mind sharing the information. I could share this because I don't want to have a space technically in New York, LA. I don't personally want to have it in every city in the world. Why won't I share this now? I got people all over the United States with space just followed my same blueprint getting them financially free. So I've been teaching people, I want to say, for about two years, just giving them the game or the business credit, the credit, just how to find these things, how to automate them, just get it done, because I know.
Speaker 4: What it did for me.
Speaker 2: So and then sorry, So talk about the program that you have as far as actually walking people through the step by step process and getting them up and running and getting them the resources that they need. Things to that nature, Like, what's the deal with that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So we created a program. It's funny because I stopped for the last four months, so this is a sense of like me talking about the first time, I'm bringing this back, but with the pandemic happening, I say, yo, I got something better for y'all.
Speaker 4: Instead of me only showing you how to get events spaces, I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna show you how to make money with throne chair, I'm gonna show you'all to make money with the letters.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna show you how to make money with fog machines.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna show you all the different ways to make money in this billion dollar industry. So pretty much our program teaches you how to find a location, how to fund the location, and how to automate the location.
Speaker 4: So that's our full thing.
Speaker 6: We give you all the business credit you need, how to build business credit even if your personal credit isn't the greatest, how to get your personal credit right, how to find a location, how to do partner deals. We show you even how to go start and I mentioned earlier on how to go partner with a venue before you even get a venue, how to go partner with the hotel, so start making money almost immediately once you follow the place. So we give you everything. We give you all our contracts. We give you our leases. We let you see our lease, so you know what they have in the least with not.
Speaker 4: To have in the lease.
Speaker 6: You get thirty forty pass coaching calls that we did. I used to do a call every week breaking down everything for you.
Speaker 4: So I pretty much answered any.
Speaker 6: Question you could ever think about in this game on making your money. So I just streamlined the process because I don't want somebody to go We all know your biggest expense in life is what you do not know. I don't want you to take six months or a year to figure this out. First seven years in my business, I was doing junk removal, moving things that I couldn't scale.
Speaker 4: So now, like y'all, I gotta do something that start sharing the game out. There's helping me. So yeah, full Blueprint.
Speaker 2: That's something that shouts to nineteen Keys said something I was really punning, and it was like everything that the school system didn't teach has provided entrepreneurs in Avenue to actually teach. And even bigger than that, even just not even blaming the school system, because there's so many different new things that have come into play that just recently popped up and events.
Speaker 4: Bases is not but nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the way that it's done business wise has constantly changed and evolved. So, like you said, as far as like the grub hub play like that's new, Like ghost kitchens are new. Things of that nature are like. So it's like, I'm a big fan. I'll never forget when Mark Cuban told us that he buys online courses and all that stuff, and it's like a lot of people like look down on education, but it's crazy because it's like you look down on the entrepreneur that has education, but you buy books all the time. What's the difference if you're buying a book because you want to learn information or you're going to school to learn. And it's crazy because school is something that is mandatory you legally, you literally have to go to school. If you don't, they have truancy cops that can actually lock you up. And you know, I said, you're get in trouble if you don't go to school, Like you know what I'm saying. So it's like you're forced to go to school at least through twelfth grade. And then a lot of people invest in their education, whether it's junior college, whether it's two year degree, whether it's a four year degree, master's degree, doctorate degree. They're paying for somebody to actually educate them so they can fast track their growth. But now we're in a different economy where that still has a place. All of these things you can't learn in school. You can't learn in college, no matter what college you go to. You can't learn about events, space, business, you can't learn about you can't learn about Airbnb, you can't learn about Toro. So it's either one or two ways that you go about it. You just google your life away and YouTube your life away and figure out on a fly. And hey, god bless you if you want to do that, but you're going to make a lot of mistakes no matter how much information you get or you invest in education. And shout out to matag Jasm that is very poignant. The model of school is not the problem. It's the information that they're providing that's the problem. Models actually pretty solid. You go to school, it's structured, different classes, you have a couple of years, you have to take tests, you have to That model is something that can actually work. It's the information that we're being taught. Earth science never did it too, Yeah, astrology, it has no real world use case. So this is something that whether it's like I said, whether it's him five hundred, whether it's Mattie J, whether it's Alex Good Energy with trucking, or whether it's you would events space. I always just love to hear these stories because it's like you can just listen for all of the free information, but if you really want to take it serious, I'm not gonna just throw twenty five thousand as something without paying a couple of thousand to actually know I got some securities blanket. Yeah, it makes sense to me. You're looking at us right.
Speaker 6: So in the last two years personally, and I don't know many people have done it, I spent two hundred and twenty five thousand on personal development, just joined the Mastermind for fifty five thousand, joining another one for like forty thousand, Like I am making it a point to learn fasts, like I spend time. I'm in the room the other day, and I'm like, man, if I would have started this earlier on someone told me they started their business in O six. We started EYL in O six. Uh, but I don't know about I know, I didn't know any of this stuff exists. I didn't know you could get do the internet in O six. So now I'm paying for information, but the return is unbelievable about being able to change your life. So that two hundred and twenty five hours, I had no clue that may be way more than that, because I'm learning from someone who actually did it, like you said, and I was listening to a podcast. You're learning from someone teaching business to one on one who don't own a business.
Speaker 4: It don't make that don't even make practical sense.
Speaker 5: I just had the discussion. Man shout out to Jason Reynolds. I was in education, and it was the question I always had. It was like, if I'm inside of the system that is not working, then I'm complicit. And I said, we're gonna have to figure out if it's going to be indoctrination, which is the things that we know that they don't need to learn, versus actual education. And he said something very brilliant, and I think that's what this is, this platform and everything that everybody that's around us is doing, is we're changing the doctrine.
Speaker 7: That's what we're doing. We're changing the.
Speaker 5: Doctrine to a point where it's like, these are the things and we're telling people. And so when people are investing in the new doctrine, they're only helping themselves.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if it's about even being complicit, because it's just it's out of ignorance. If your most teachers are ignorant on a lot of different things, they can't teach themselves on.
Speaker 5: And that doesn't even mean in a negative connotation. Ignorance is just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's bigger than even being complicit. You can't you don't have an option if you don't know. I can't. I can't teach you about starting a sports franchise because I never started a sports franchise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was thinking in the sense of, like, I know, and I know that they're not getting the information, you know what I'm saying, But I'm.
Speaker 7: Saying my own love.
Speaker 2: The teachers are not equipped to teach this, That's what I'm saying. So whether they are complicit not complicit, there's no teacher in that university, in that public high school, in that private high school, nine times out of ten that can tell me how to start a podcast because none of them have started podcasts. So how can you teach me about something that you never did. Only thing that you can do is theoretically do it by just listening to other people their life experiences and their stories and then piling it together and saying, this is a file of everybody else's experience and this is what you should do, which could possibly work as well. But there's no better teacher than either experience or firsthand doing knowledge and something that a wise person learned from their mistakes, but even wise a person learned from the mistakes of others. And it's like you're never paying a mentor you're never paying a coach for something that they've done. You're really paying for the mistakes that they me because those mistakes of course you millions.
Speaker 6: Literally Bro and Tom Tom and but we gotta start understanding that time. It's called opportunity to cost. The reason why I take that money, I'm trying to get there fast. I'm gonta spend a year trying to get here where I could get there in three months. I want to start a podcast on Troy. It's the exact blueprint that needs Let's do what costlerate the great? A lot of people ask they asked the wrong question, how much does it cost? You got to start asking you something, how much is it going to cost? If you don't do it, You're gonna pay both ways. You're gonna pay the learner, You're gonna pay the mistakes. You gotta make a decision which one of those is more important for you.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, you know, it's always whenever we have somebody on, we always get like, we try to get special discounts lowest on the market for their courses or their educational programs. Shout out to Josh, Shout out to him five hundred and his five hundred is program. The only cheapest place you can find it is EYO. If he changes it, I'm kill them. So but but not shout out to all those guys that oblige doing that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I think it's a it's an even trade off. You know, we provide the platform. You know, we always try to add as much value as you possibly can to our supporters. Theyre the want that actually propelled us to this level. So you're listening to the podcast. You can just listen to podcasts or then get free information and you can probably be obtaining a certain level of success. Or if you want to invest in it, then you can invest in it. We don't make anybody do anything, but we just give them as much resources as we possibly can. So with that, you gave us a special discounts. That's like a real fifty percent it's just fifty percent off, and that's you know, a lot of time people just say like fifty percent off, but they price it in to the fifty percent off. But there's no other place right right, this is it, And.
Speaker 6: Listen, I want to do something else that I didn't even talk to you about. Everybody who does make the investment, I'm gonna give them because we need to talk about social media. We don't pray, but that's another thing I do. But I don't want to be the guy that do everything. I'm going to give them my social media course monetizing Instagram as well. Just anybody will get it from eyl. Only you I never did. Only could get there at that site.
Speaker 2: That course in itself, there you have, and that social media course is very important because part of growing any business and social media. I was just having this this conversation with my training today and I was telling them shout out to rich. I was telling them like how to like you know, different points on growing his social media and we had like a half an hour conversation. I was telling him, like, nobody's doing anything really different for the most part, and he was like, I'm like, this is how you capturing Like what do you mean. I'm like, all right, take a chef right on social media has a half a million followers. He's making meals, but he's not really making any meal that you know, your grandmother didn't make, your wife didn't make, you didn't make like everybody, millions of people are cooking every single day. What he or she is doing is actually capturing it and making it visually appealing. And now it's like, yeah, it's like cineatography and that's content. Creators have to be treated more like directorship and composers. People think it's easy to make content.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 2: And it's like I was telling him, I'm like, look, you're doing workouts. There's a lot of people that work out every day. That what you're doing is the easy part. Capturing it and putting it out there in a manner that's appealing, that's going to get people's attention.
Speaker 4: That's the hard part.
Speaker 6: And then look who you're doing it with. You also need to show that, like you're working out with you, that's.
Speaker 4: Not you that guy. You know.
Speaker 6: You got to also show your clients. And that's the testimonial. If I'm working with him, Oh yeah, he must be the truth.
Speaker 4: They know you. Oh he take his workout seriously. Shot he working out with him, you must be that truth. So yeah, people aren't minus housing social media, bro.
Speaker 6: They have to start like most people are on it all day long, but they're not making money from it, Like I want to be on it all day long and generate income from it.
Speaker 4: So you got to learn how to do that.
Speaker 2: So e y l e U dot com.
Speaker 6: E y l EU dot com fifty percent off specifically for those in EYL as well as you're going to get the entire social media of course, something I haven't done.
Speaker 4: And I was just talking to Shoddy and Troy like this is like.
Speaker 6: The rebirth of our program, all new stuff, like so many new modules where you're gonna learn not just event spaces, but we I had a lot of people say, oh what about the pandemic. All right, cool, I'm gonna show you how to make money as an event plan. I'm gonna sure you'll make money with the throne chairs. I'm gonna show you how to make money every area the business, so we're not just talking about event spaces. So this is the first de view of that brother right here there.
Speaker 5: You have it, ladies, gentlemen, It's gonna be one of those you know, is always gonna be prepared.
Speaker 2: America is opening back up, and like I said, this is one of these businesses where you can start. It's local to where you're at. It's not something that is rocket science. It's something that's practical. People's always gonna have baby showers, people's always gonna have, you know, meetings, people's always gonna have arn't showings, the mmls, like you said.
Speaker 6: I forgot to show them how to do it the byeway your mind too, how the bottom as well.
Speaker 4: I forgot about it about that before we got like because I'm thinking about like getting people.
Speaker 7: Let me know.
Speaker 4: But one other model that I tell people to run is the tool of three k. I heard about that. Sure MG talks about them.
Speaker 6: But of course my second location is at a commercial location where it's commercial on the bottom, it's.
Speaker 4: Four units up top, mixed use property.
Speaker 6: So everyone here, reach out to your realtor let them know you're looking for commercial now bottom and you're looking for up top as a dwelling. So this is called a tool three k long, where you only got to bring up three point five percent, and that also can includes the construction. So you can go out and find a location that still needs improvement. You improve the entire bottom for your event space you live upstairs, and then you also runt up the floor above. So now you got a free living space. And now your event space is producing enough money to pay for everything. So if you find it, then you at let's just hypothetically say, for sake of the easy numbers, for me doing that two hundred thousand, and then with the construction, I'm making this up. I doubt it would be this much, but let's just say it it was a one hundred thousand. Now you're coming to the table with three hundred thousand. Ten percent of three hundred thousand is only thirty grand, So now you only got to put three point five percent plus closing costs. You might come to a table for an all in twenty grand cheaper than I came to the table for my second space. So now you just acquired a new home to live in for free. So Now guess why I can't get noise complaints because I'm going to be the tendant on.
Speaker 4: The second floor.
Speaker 6: So if I am getting noise complaints, I can just call down like you got to lower it down, So I ain't gonna get no complaints about that. And now you got someone also living on the third floor, and then you got the whole commercial space, so that's another place somebody can run. So this is good for somebody who never used the faha. Tell them to look for a commercial space and now they can run that play. Whether you do the least or whether you do the allf and rehabbits cooked in and reabbits cooked in. So now you might walk out of the door with twenty grand and you got a new place to live in a rental up.
Speaker 5: You ever thought about, I know that you're least in the spots because you ever thought about you know what, I'm gonna beat the owner of the building.
Speaker 4: And then do it.
Speaker 6: I did this model earlier on because one at the time when I got my first one.
Speaker 4: Five years ago, my credit was this is the way it's getting Your credit don't got to be.
Speaker 6: They didn't check my credit. They never said let me see your credit report, So they just wanted that money. I gave them that first month, last month security and I was in the game.
Speaker 4: So this is a way.
Speaker 6: I don't want to hear their excuse I don't got credit. You can come up with first month, last month security and whatever the improvement costs are, and now you're in the game and we do something else where. You can also crowd fund, I mean not just crowdfund, ask.
Speaker 4: People to just donate. We got a model where my second one that twenty four thousand seven, granted, that was free.
Speaker 6: People donated stuff, they donated tables, they donated chairs, they just wanted to help out, and I offered it on a free event whenever the space got up. So now you can run that play where they're donating, but it's going to come with I'll give you one or two free events.
Speaker 4: So now we look, we can buy the building now.
Speaker 6: So now we are looking into buying the buildings now because now we're in position. But I don't want that to be excused for someone else. Everybody who's pretty much doing Airbnb, they're running the same model.
Speaker 4: They're not buying the apartment buildings, they releasing it.
Speaker 6: So you could get in without I don't want to come out of my pocket one hundred grand to buy twenty percent on two hundred thousand, it's forty thousand dollars. The everyday person on God, everyday person could find a way to get up to twenty thousand dollars. If you want, you're gonna find a way. You're gonna find an excuse. So that's why I run this model.
Speaker 7: Choose.
Speaker 2: There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, once again, e y l EU dot com fifty percent off of the program which teaches you everything, walks you through and also includes to God, to social media, let's get it, how to monetize, how to get it popping mandatory in twenty twenty one. Man, if you don't have social media, you're doing yourself with your minister service. And if you have social media and you're not actually using it to actually grow your brand, I don't know what you're using it for.
Speaker 4: Facts.
Speaker 2: What would you like to tell the people?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Leave them with Yeah, I would leave everybody here. Listen, man, information is only good if it's used. I don't want anyone to make this investment if they're not going to use they say, only seven less than seven percent of people use it. I want y'all to be the seven percent use the information, but more importantly, continue to chase after your goals and your dream. Stay committed. Like whatever it is that you want, you can have, But it first starts in your mindset with a police system, and the second resting. I tell everybody, do you got to identify your why?
Speaker 4: Why are you doing what you do? Every single day?
Speaker 6: I wake up on purpose because I got a mom to take care, I got a wife to take care, I got a bunch of employees to look after. So I got a reason that I'm doing what I'm doing and what we are. We're earners here, so it's all about wealth and creation.
Speaker 4: So keep that in your mind.
Speaker 6: If you're looking at this, ask yourself where you want to be in five to ten years and do whatever it takes today in order for you guys to achieve it.
Speaker 7: It is information on us, application on you.
Speaker 4: That's it. You said that, bro, that was cool. Just check me out on Instagram, y'all at neild Viso Troy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, shout to everybody on pictreon dot com. As you know that a proud to Pay program.
Speaker 5: All of our top tier, our Tier five members have access to ey L University, the number one place for business education. To shout to all the earners that a part of that shot, everybody that's in the Facebook group, all the clubs in the Facebook group, the clubs that we got off of eleven clubs, and we got a bunch of events that are happening, and so shout out to all of y'all that are part of that. And I shout everybody that's supporting the merger. I know my boy Neil, but it wasn't a chopper wear.
Speaker 4: I wear it mine. He at least once or twice a week.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Neil is one of those guys we have to ask man anytime he gets a chance. He's always appointed. So shout to everybody that's doing that and tagging us to supporting as well.
Speaker 7: We greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you guys for rocking with us. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 4: Peace.
Speaker 3: Peace, my graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike, drop.
Speaker 4: Drop.
Speaker 1: He just realize your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use indeed stop struggling to get your job. Posts seen on other job sites with Indeed sponsored jobs your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need