Speaker 1: We are back with part two of our interview with our uncle Jay John Stamos. We share more behind the scenes moments and laughs of our favorite memories from Full House, some of which are mentioned in John's new memoir.
Speaker 2: If you would have told me, Let's.
Speaker 3: Roll Part two, I said, you know, I talked about in this chapter. I talked about that. I opened the chapter up with the donkey member there was a donkey.
Speaker 4: Oh what We've told many stories. I tell people about pepper Mill and it's crush on you as often as I can crush on Yes, I'm just saying, you have a you have a way with women and donkeys.
Speaker 3: I wrote it it towards end here. There's a time when we are pure just by being born. We are children. Then we blow it by growing up and we are donk. Eventually we learned that we have choices and find righteousness and choosing to be compassionate and caring. We are human. That's the thing about Full House that I finally got it. It was the children, the animals, even us bumbling grown men trying to navigate a world of innocence and chaos, remind people of the best of themselves. That's what I was thinking earlier, and it's the kind of hit that comes along if you're lucky once like all the stars lined up. Everything was serendipity and it just happened, and it was here's the thing too, it was everybody's family. And during the first season some guy came up to me and said, hey, man, you know, I really love your show. And I was like, really why. It's because I'm a single dad and I'm raising two kids. And they look at your show and they go, oh, wait, they're a family. Oh, we're a family too. And nobody even batter than I have about three men in San Francisco raising three girls. It was just right. That's how it was. What it was.
Speaker 2: That was just our family, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's for a mom and a dad and they are two point three children, it's their family. For a widow or who turns up the sound a little louder to stave off the silence of his loneliness, it's his family. The last key kid coming home to an empty house, it's her family, right, It's everybody's family. It turned out to be the most quintessential family show of the twentieth century, didn't it.
Speaker 5: It did, it really really did.
Speaker 1: And we heard this in Japan a lot too, when we did press for Fuller in Japan, that the Japanese related to it because it's a very multi generational show. Yeah, and that's they you know, they live, they have the grandma's living in and the uncles and the grandkid. You know, everybody kind of lives together and helps out. It's a village and that's what fullhip.
Speaker 5: Do you remember them saying in Japan?
Speaker 4: Though, they were like, it's also it's such a It's like American families are so weird. You guys are doing crazy things. And I was like, I've seen your game shows.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is what I've learned about you guys here too, I said. The little kids that were supposed to be noise, no more important than the furniture, grew up to become the kind of humans I hope to have one day. Oh they're precious, delightful and bright. I step out of their light to let them shine. Candice Jody and Andrea Barber, who plays the hilarious Kimmy Gibler steal my heart. As I watched them mug for the camera and casually clown through their scenes. I realize that children have a wholesomeness that transcends all mediums. They are gutsy and guileless. No fear. I will privately practice countless takes to nail a single scene where I'm acting casual. These little ones will barely glance down at their script, and they capture the hearts of a nation with a wink, nod and folded arms. A stern rendering of a simple phrase can erupt a studio audience. How rude you guys just did it? You know, it was just so natural to you, and so you know, you made it look so effortless, which it was for you, guys.
Speaker 2: I think we were just kids being kids.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: There was some learning of lines, but as far as acting, no, those were genuine connections that we have with each other as kids and also with you guys.
Speaker 2: We were following your example, yeah, Bob, And was.
Speaker 4: Going to say, you guys, as the adults, I've always said, set such a huge and important example to us. Shocked as you might be by that, but even with with your humor, you know, and I mean I've always said I learned to laugh through tragedy from you guys. I learned to show up no matter what was going on in life because of you, guys, I show I watched you know, you be able to create a family and create people that you loved just as much as your own family. From you, guys, I learned professionalism. I learned from and you know it's weird, Well, that's why I'm such a That's why I'm so unprofessional now, as I learned it from you. But I know, I, you know, just so many things that and then when we came back as the adults on Fuller, it was I I it was so no evident how we got to then take that same ethos and that same love and leadership that you guys really gave us on the original show of being You know, you didn't you included us, You loved us. We weren't just you didn't walk off stage and ignore us. You guys loved us and paid attention to us, and we love It's gonna make me cry, It's gonna make me cry. But like that, really you have no idea what that meant to us at the time, to like to be included, Because so often in this business you see the young people and the kids that are working and working and then they just kind of get like they're just pushed to the side.
Speaker 5: And they're you know, dealing with all this stuff on their own.
Speaker 4: And you guys never did that with us. And as we got older, you brought us into the fold. As we got older, you were like, let's all go to a concert, or let's go you just you guys create aided this family. And then when we got the opportunity to come back and do it with fuller house and to be those same adults, we absolutely included those kids and would invite them over to our houses and would do things with them and take them out. And it was because you showed us that is how that's how you do it, that's how you create this family. And we got to do it with the next generation of kids in this sort of lineage, and like that was huge, you know you that was because of you guys.
Speaker 3: I also hope that we and I think we did like early on too. You know, we brought in all the kids, all the handicapped kids and kids there was you know on Thursdays when we'd pre tape the.
Speaker 5: Whole all the make a wish stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you guys have all carried that on. And that's important to think too.
Speaker 4: Well's I think it's such a gift that that I think we've all finally realized that we get to give that. It's not doesn't take anything away from us or our career. In fact, acted like we have this special ability to sort of meet people and it's their entire life and childhood and even if they if they have kids, it's their kid's.
Speaker 5: Childhood now, like it's just not a lot they get to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever, Yeah, it's pure. I'm really glad that you guys have carried that on.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we in a recent episode, Jody and I were talking about the the barbecues you would throw at your house before every season with with Bill, your dad on the on the on the grill, and your mom walking around with her white wine and her cigarette and you know, playing the hostess and Loretto. Yes, we loved those memories and just how you would include us. It wasn't like a big Hollywood party. It was just like, hey, bring your we're.
Speaker 5: Talking about what a normal? What a normal?
Speaker 4: Like as crazy as we all were or whatever, but like there was just this sense of normalcy and you like, your parents were around, your sisters were around, Bob's parents like everybody had their faces there and it was it was.
Speaker 5: Just like a normal as normal as it could be.
Speaker 4: But it was never like and we talked about the barbecues, how it was everybody brought food and it was kind of a you know, it was a like a very low key family thing. It wasn't some Hollywood party, you know. It was just everybody getting together for a barbecue. And like you were on the grill, your dad was on the grill, everybody's mom's brought food. It was lovely and that was so important and really absolutely I think changed our life in this business.
Speaker 5: We've talked about it on the last episode.
Speaker 4: The fun pictures of like rap parties, of pictures of you behind the drum set with your mom and dad at like our first rap party, and you know us me and Canvas out dancing on the floor in some rad eighties gear, you know, just like memories.
Speaker 3: Man, it was it was all that, you know, there was the you know, there was the do you remember John Fogerty I'd met him.
Speaker 4: I was listening to I was actually somewhere the other day and some Credence was on and I heard him and I heard John foger was like Oh my god. Remember when we had the rap party and like John Fogerty played and like at the time I was a kid, I was like, who is this old guy?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Now I'm like, dude, Like that's like a you know, American like legend songwriter.
Speaker 5: Like just so many cool memories like that.
Speaker 3: You know, you were saying that everybody would just calm and bring their sisters and brothers, and yeah, you know Candice came and brought her brother, Kirk, and then Kirk and my girlfriend ended up getting married.
Speaker 5: If we did we watch heard that.
Speaker 4: I watched those two episodes back to back and I was the one. So Kirk is in the one episode and then the next episode is the one with Chelsea in it where.
Speaker 2: She's in a team.
Speaker 3: But they yeah, but they met, they met. I was still dating her then, and he I don't think they I mean I don't think they met at the show. They met in my backyard at one of those Well that's the thing, is.
Speaker 4: They So we've fought, we were big nosing. We were like when did they date? What was the timeline? So the show, the episode with her on it aired March of eighty eight, and that was around the time that you guys stopped dating.
Speaker 3: There you are just saying and that's the okay, Well, there you go a little you guys, a little snoopy something.
Speaker 4: I remember you dating Paula and as a young dancer, I was like just over the moon and she I think I had chicken pox or something, and she sent me a whole signed thing from her concert. It was a whole because I was supposed to go and I got sick. And yeah, thanks for dating.
Speaker 5: Some really cool people.
Speaker 6: You were.
Speaker 5: It was great. Well do you remember coming to my to my high school graduation party?
Speaker 3: No, tell me about that.
Speaker 5: You and Rebecca came to my high school graduation party. Well in Orange County, in Orange County.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, in my backyard, and yeah you had a great time. No, but you were like dancing with all my friends. It was like the I you made me the coolest person at my cool cool Yeah, Rebecca was like dancing with my guy friends and you were there.
Speaker 5: We had a dj al was the dj al now your high school friend? And yeah it was it was really.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like a cursory appearance, like you stayed all he'll.
Speaker 4: I think you were like the last one of the last cast members is to stay.
Speaker 5: Like I said, you were having a great day. So it was everyone it was. That's great.
Speaker 1: But it meant a lot to Jody that you you showed up to her graduate high school situation.
Speaker 3: Well you guys were you know, we were, you were family. But even even more than family, I think you know, like we somehow we just we just all Getting back to the critics, like I went on seth Myers and read some of them for Fuller House, like one one Jack assaid he compared to a necrophilia. I'm like, come on, and and I don't know if you guys knew this, but full House that they said one guy said, wouldn't last tell Thanksgiving. He didn't say which Thanksgiving, which for a long time, but you know it was they didn't do the critics that hey, the show. They didn't hurt me. They weren't. I knew. I knew the show was corny and cliche and you know, and fallus at times. But it was also That's why I said, like those scenes that that were not sophisticated, it yield it yields to sweetness, right, and you know it.
Speaker 1: When the show wasn't made for those critics it was made for the families at home when that.
Speaker 3: If you didn't get it themselves for you, The show each year has become even more so, like a warm comfort food of decency in a cold world of discord and division. And as the world gets darker and you know, more and kids like I don't know, you guys have teenage daughters and sons, but like, I don't know, how do they filter this? Because it's all bad news no matter where, everywhere, it's all bad news, and it's got to be depressing. It's got to be anxiety uh inducing? What how do you what do you do for that?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: How do you you keep your kids off?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean I think it's trying to like, yeah, watch Full House more, No, I you know, it's I mean, it's funny. I think actually like sometimes the lessons that I now realize, like in full or Fuller House, that have come back as far as like sitting and talking to your kid and you know, I'm like, oh no, I'm having a Full House moment.
Speaker 5: Minus the violence.
Speaker 4: But it is hard, and I think it's just but it is it's about again about like showing up and like no matter what, and that was something that Full House was really big about, was like show the family showed up for each other no matter what. And that's just something I've always tried to tell my kids, like, no matter what, I'm here, there's nothing you can say, trust me. There's nothing you're going to say that's gonna shock me. You know, I'm gonna be like, oh my god, I've never heard of that. Trust me, you know. And and that open, honest connection and relationship is that's you know, I think that's the most important thing.
Speaker 3: You guys answered me this, like, because Caitlin and I have If I'm with Billy and I turn on Full House and he watches it for three hours and I go do other things, that's like spending time with my kid, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, You're you're in the room, basically, you're in right.
Speaker 3: It's well, Jesse's better than me telling him, you know what's.
Speaker 5: Uncle Jesse in the beginning was a little harsh, just gonna say in.
Speaker 2: The pilot, called Jess shut up like you were Jesse.
Speaker 4: We always the baby was we've all had kids, now we all know that that's actually very common.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and you know the other thing, Yeah, that that you know, I got a lot flat from it. You fired the old Dare Hill.
Speaker 4: But it's funny to watch you who became so like this baby whisper that we always joked about, Like in the beginning, we really did see.
Speaker 5: I was like, god, this the character evolution.
Speaker 4: Of Jesse and of and of John that we got to watch sort of through this of going from this like you know, tough guy whatever that really didn't know what to do with babies, and then like you just found this sweetness and watching the episodes sort of in such close you know, connection to each other, like you really see it, and it's like you see the babies starting to respond to you and to us and to like you watch these relationships really starting to grow, and.
Speaker 5: It's so cute.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean I think deep downside, I always loved kids, but it was hard. I mean, the pilot, you know, we had to do. Look those kids in the beginning, they wanted to be anywhere else, but you know, on that stage, and I don't blame them. We're Dave and I are taking one of them, you know down the stairs, right Fanny and squirting water at her butt and everything, like I'm putting too. But you know, I was trying to do jokes that you know, I was like, and it was so funny because I'll never forget. It was like those kids had it out for me because and Dave too, but not you remember that scene is like we would come down. We would we were wrapping her up of stuff and we were doing David and I were doing really funny jokes and and was like a screaming. I was like, and she would stop and then you would have your line, well how do you roast the turkey? The audience would go crazy go to our lines that were funny lines too. You know, we had to loop half of that stuff. So there was a moment. It was only like a couple hours, but I said, Jeff, with these babies don't want to be here. Let's do you have any other babies? And they had some other kids that were redheaded and you know, not the most attractive child children. And I wasn't attractive either, so.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say from one ugly baby to exactly, but they.
Speaker 3: Didn't have it. I said, all right, get the Olsen's back, and they were you know, Jeff didn't get rid of them, but it was like, how could you fire the Olsen twins, shut up.
Speaker 4: I have a question, how and Andrey and I since we've been watching the show, I've been wondering this, how much of Jesse was your input and how much of Jesse was Jeff's input? Like was it you know, because I know like a lot there's a lot of Jeff in Jesse as well, But like I just wonder, sometimes were there moments where you wanted more or less of something or were you really had an idea and like it was sort of in opposition to Jeff, Or did Jeff just sort of go whatever you want to do, just go for it.
Speaker 3: No, we were always sort of on the same page. He was the Elvis fan, you know, more so than me. I mean, I got I like, I love Elvis, but we were both we both were you know, the character. My character was named Adam, which is not a funny name or a good name, and I and I and I said let's change it to Jesse. Jesse was Elvis's twin brother who died at birth. So he went along with that. So and and the second season, my dad was like, who's this cochrane character? Where's that name from? I don't know, Dad, where's the Greek representation. So I asked Jeff, I go, my dad's gonna give me up for adoption. Could we make Jesse Greek so they can't. They came up with Katzopolis, which is half Jewish half Grikats, and then my dad was cool with that. The there was a I turned down the movie Lebomba. Do you remember that movie that Richie? Yeah, and I thought even back then, I just thought it wasn't appropriate me, you know, playing a Mexican character, and my dad was so mad as like insorb of the Greek Anthony Quinn. You know, Anthony Quinn is a Mexican playing a Greek. A Greek could play a Mexican. Yea, our dad's We were cool like that.
Speaker 4: Your dad was your dad was a character. I remember visiting you at Duke's. Yeah, I remember, yeah, because we grew up. You know, you grew up in Cyprus. I lived in Cypress when we first started doing the show, so yeah, we grew up in the same kind of neighborhood.
Speaker 5: But I remember going and visiting there.
Speaker 3: You know, you look at your parents and you get older and you go like, eh, they're just human. My dad was always uh a superhero to me. He was always bigger than life. And I you know, I just so grateful to have had him as a dad. And my mom too. And you guys, I mean your parents. Every single every single night you'd look up in the stands, it would be my mom, my dad. You know, he didn't love the show. He would come once in a while, whatever, but he was proud of it. But he was what are you doing on that show?
Speaker 5: We certainly didn't come to those concrane episodes, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't like to. But you but your parents and my and my mom every single Friday Thursday, right, they were up in the stands a whole night clapping and oh yeah, and even like it was so crazy during Fuller House because I'd look because your parents look the sound like you have these flashbacks like what's.
Speaker 1: In the same seats, in the same bleachers on the same stage twenty four?
Speaker 5: Oh, I know a question I've been dying to ask you, John.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I gotta go, thank you. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: It's no you'll love it. You'll love it, I promise. What the hell is the deal with the cold fried chicken? And why did you always have it? Why did you start with cold fried chicken. There's a scene you walk in the front door with an eaten leg of cold fried chicken for no real particular reason, and I just it's it's a through line that you always had throughout the show, and I just wonder if there's some what why the hell did you pick cold fried chicken?
Speaker 5: I have it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Okay, I thought I thought it was good that. I was like, it's gonna be like, well it was a yeah, yeah, Colonel Sanders, my uncle.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I thought I just was. I just liked doing action. I like having stuff to do. It was like I was eating chicken, and then we just I think it just became a thing.
Speaker 4: Right, cold cold chicken, okay, because it's I mean even in Fuller was like we would have cold fried chicken.
Speaker 3: That was just the thing.
Speaker 5: It became Jesse's things.
Speaker 4: There was always like a leg of cold I mean, it's it's a funny. It's a funny bit. It's funny business having a cold a chicken leg. You know, I get it.
Speaker 1: We also noticed that Jesse wears the colored teal you wear like the teal shirt and the black vest. A lot of other like turquoise so yeah, turquoise teal? Was that like your request with costumes, You're like, hey, I gotta wear teal in black every episode.
Speaker 2: I don't know, or that was a costumer decision. You don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't, I don't remember, but I do. I do look back and go, what the f was I was I thinking? And you know, you guys, I'm sure you guys go like, I don't want the hair. You know, we have these mullets and these mullets.
Speaker 5: Your hair was just a win. It was, I mean, and it wasn't, but it was. It was it, you know what I mean? Like I keep looking.
Speaker 4: I have spent several times when we've been watching episodes just looking at your hair, just like is it does it.
Speaker 5: Stay that way? What is how is it? Is it longer than it was last week? Like it's just it's a it was I see now why it was so important?
Speaker 3: How rude?
Speaker 1: You have?
Speaker 5: You had hair? You have hair?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're doing all right.
Speaker 3: Here's a cool look. Here's I'm gonna show you guys a little behind the scenes thing. Let me see, Oh, let me set this up screen sharing.
Speaker 5: Wow, Oh my gosh, it's the Craft Service.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Okay, here, Yeah, that's that big.
Speaker 4: Basket probably had barbous cookies in it.
Speaker 2: Is that Brian Kale? No, No, that's that's Bobby Bobby the stand in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who was also Michael J. Fox's standing on the back to the Future.
Speaker 5: This pro Roger. Yeah, this are something that you know, Roger our prop master.
Speaker 4: That's who remember that that's Bruce who was our our DP or lighting, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, these videos are incredible.
Speaker 3: We'll just go through.
Speaker 1: There's there's bright Day, there's Dave just messing with Keith.
Speaker 3: It's such like a Christmas party.
Speaker 5: I mean, the Christmas tree is sort of giving it away.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look like our set.
Speaker 5: No, it's not scary Griffin. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So these are our intros. We've come out behind the big rolling wall to enormous applause.
Speaker 3: So Dave Bob used to talk.
Speaker 5: That's Bob's got the mic.
Speaker 2: Of course Bob's got the mic.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'll just sit down because it's gonna.
Speaker 1: And you know, Keith Richmonds probably like wrap it up, Bob, we gotta we have to camera. John.
Speaker 5: Bob actually was the model for a boom and I actually heard of it.
Speaker 3: Try to my shoulder, for he has notes. I in his role, he was gonna do well, but they have notes for him.
Speaker 2: Is this Loretta recorded? Okay?
Speaker 3: But there's some good stuff coming up here. There's a beautiful uh and Andrea.
Speaker 4: How do I remember all these people's names and yet I can't remember my own zip code at the gas station?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: This is truly Frankie. There's Gary.
Speaker 2: Do you still talk to Gary Griffin or any of the rippers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they're downstairs waiting for to rehearse.
Speaker 5: I know we can see them on your U.
Speaker 3: This is beautiful. Watch Bob single. Mom was a good singer, wasn't he He? Oh?
Speaker 2: He really was.
Speaker 3: And this must have been when we had a little Richard on Little Richard ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: You have the best home videos?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What made you?
Speaker 4: Did you Did you record like all sorts of things of your career like that or was it mainly just like a lot of the.
Speaker 5: Full house stuff that you sort of recorded as like the home movies?
Speaker 3: Well I wish I would.
Speaker 5: You're a great documentarian as far as all that goes.
Speaker 3: I think I got it from my mom because and when I wrote this book, thank God, like she kept every every calendar, every contract, every teen magazine, every my journals, my calendars, and so it really helped kind of fill everything. And she took a billion pictures. Yeah, so that was good.
Speaker 4: Well you definitely got that from her, because you have some amazing, amazing pictures of everything throughout the year.
Speaker 1: You're the historian of the show. Oh, the pool, the pool parties.
Speaker 5: Yes, look at you. Oh there's Loretta.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: So you guys were talking about the barbecue.
Speaker 2: I remember this.
Speaker 3: Sprinkles everything. There's great footage your mom here. That was my mom.
Speaker 5: Hi, Johnny, Hi, Johnny boy, Julie did a hill on the joke.
Speaker 3: We haven't even started yet. This is exactly what you were talking about.
Speaker 4: Joel, Joel's wire with his son Jamie and his wife Candas. You'll always see Jamie, Joel's son, and U and the other his daughter in their Hillary in the background of Stuffy.
Speaker 3: La July Ninete.
Speaker 5: There's Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth Joel looks like a Harry girl.
Speaker 2: Joel and Joels.
Speaker 5: There's Joel and Hillary his daughter.
Speaker 2: This is so cool.
Speaker 3: But you guys, your mom's are in here and you're in here soon.
Speaker 5: Did your mom do the flowers and decorations? Is that what she keeps?
Speaker 3: Look, there's Bob and his two daughters, Lauren Aubrey. It's me and some.
Speaker 2: Girl who knows We don't know who.
Speaker 5: That's probably who did the decorations.
Speaker 3: There's been cooking. Yeah, he loved that, you guys ate because he used to cook, used to cook for General Hospital cast and nobody wanted to meat. He'd be marinating meat. There's Hollywood people. They do cocaine, but they won't eat meat.
Speaker 2: Very Yeah, we loved Bill's food.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Bill's food is amazing.
Speaker 2: Bill the griller.
Speaker 5: Oh there's me? Is that me?
Speaker 2: Are you on Joel? Joel's back?
Speaker 3: Hang under his hair?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: You're just bell crowded to his back?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, there I am in all of my purple people eater glory and.
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 5: What was oh my god, dancing and singing?
Speaker 2: What was I doing?
Speaker 1: What a window into the past. I'm so glad you saved these because again you are the official historian. A full house with all of this special special.
Speaker 4: It's weird how much stuff like I've forgotten or that I you know that I realize being a kid has kind of, you know, gone through my memory and passed and it's not in there anymore.
Speaker 3: Years before the show, right, the pre show huddle.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we've talked about the pre show.
Speaker 5: Hudd pre show huddle, our pre show polka. Yeah, we used to.
Speaker 4: So you'll see here we would do like a little polka danced me and Ashley, Mary Kate and Brian Kale.
Speaker 5: That was our little like pre show ritual and whatever. Bob was not impressed, apparently, Bob.
Speaker 3: So here we go into the huddle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your shoes.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Day would come up with a new like a new button for each one.
Speaker 4: There's a new outrageous, nonsensical non sequitur at the end of everything. It was just to like get all that like pre show energy to kind of hype yourself up.
Speaker 5: Just screen in a circle. And we did it with Fuller House too, But.
Speaker 4: It was like one of the things, one of those traditions that I really really really looked forward to.
Speaker 3: Was that, yeah, it was great, we have so much more to talk about. Can I do the part two or this thing? Sometimes because.
Speaker 5: But yeah, volunteered yourself.
Speaker 3: I'm in Do you remember the last time you guys saw Bob. And we get in on that because I do.
Speaker 1: It was about six months before he passed, and we were having dinner at Jeff's place. It was Jeff was renting a place in Hollywood because he was trying to sell the Big House, and so yeah, it was Bob and Kelly and me and Candice and Joe. Were you there, Jodie, Yeah you were there. Yeah, Yeah, Laurie was there. We were just sitting around, sitting around the pool, eating dinner and just chatting. And yeah, that was the last time I saw him. I mean, I talked to him several times after that, but that was the last time.
Speaker 2: I SA I feel like.
Speaker 4: I'd seen him since then, either at maybe the score, maybe his Sclorioderma events, maybe because I feel like that was usually a little bit later in the year.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: We went to dinner a couple of weeks before and it was me, Bob, Kelly, and and Uh and Caitlin and and I just like you, you know, you when it's the last time, you never think it's gonna be the last time you see somebody, and then you go over it in your mind, like what did we eat did we or do we? How long did we stay? What did we talking about? But I do remember Bob was everything I wanted Bob to be, and you guys would have agreed with me. He was calm and he was It was so strange. I remember clocking like, I love this Bob. You know, he was asking questions and he was listening, and the two of us sat back and go, look at us schmucks, like how lucky are we to finally, you know, be with these two beautiful women inside mostly and out I can and we were just like we couldn't believe it, and it was just that night and and he was, It's just so calm, and we took our time and you know, of course we present exactly and that's the hardest thing to be, but it was. It was that. And I guess I grew a little bit too, because it didn't drive me crazy that he was. You know. I used to take pictures like up here, down here, over here, like my.
Speaker 5: Fat fifteen minutes of myself minutes and.
Speaker 3: I just laughed at it. And we have that picture and I put it in my book, and you know, it's just you You just try to remember that final time and it becomes sort of mythical and magical, and you know every details of a holy relic or of some sort, you know, and and you try to think like, well, what did we eat? And I say, now after that, I say, if you get a chance to sit a spell with someone that you love, don't get up too quickly, stay a while, linger, indulge, savor, order the cake. And that's hard Bop. Yeah, yeah, if we don't talk about him, he'll get pissed.
Speaker 5: So it's true. I try, and I mention them all the time.
Speaker 4: The other night we were at we did we did a live show and there was of a large faux plant behind us with a large that was coming out of a large urn.
Speaker 5: And I picked it up and I said, oh, look it's Bob.
Speaker 4: And Andrews like what, And I said, he would be mad if I didn't make the joke we would have made.
Speaker 5: Bob would have.
Speaker 4: Made that joke, picked up a thing and been like, look it's Dolly or something like. So I picked it up and I held it in a picture.
Speaker 5: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 4: And that's I like, I have those moments of irreverency and silliness and laughter and uh yeah, it just reminds me of him so much that there was that one little button in a scene recently that we watched, and it's me and the three guys and I'm standing on the couch and I like, bring them all in, and I go, it's just it's just me and the guys or something like that, and it was just this sweet moment, and it reminded me of that picture that I have of the four of us getting onto that plane when we went up to San Francisco to shoot some of the promo stuff. I have great footage of that too, and I have footage of Bob on the you know, on the airplane thing, making jokes together, and I just, yeah, I was you guys are really really special.
Speaker 3: It was full house, then fuller house, and Bob used to joke next is going to be fullest house with just me in an urn on the fireplace, and it's like, by I found, We're never doing any more full house stuff without you, that's for sure. I love you both so much, and I you know, this is a show that with ever every fiber in my body, I fought against and now I'm just so full of gratitude for the show, for the you two for all our beautiful lives, our parents, our families. Yeah, and it's just a moment to stop and go how lucky are we and how grateful I am to have spent time with you guys in my life and call you my family. And I just love you, love so much.
Speaker 5: I love you to uncle Jay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're one of our favorite people in life, and you have the biggest heart, and you're such a great storyteller. And I'm so glad that your book is out in the world for everyone to see this side of you.
Speaker 4: Yes, because yes, everyone, If you haven't read John's book yet, it's called if you would have told me New York Times.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, Yeah, New York Times bestseller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the people love you.
Speaker 5: But yeah, people love you.
Speaker 4: We love you, and you should be really really proud of yourself. You've You've had quite the journey, my friend.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it in part two. But good luck with this podcast because I'm thinking of a million things that we need to talk about next time I come on. Have asked people sending questions and stuff too, like.
Speaker 4: We do we do Miniso, So yes, please audience, if you're listening, send in questions.
Speaker 5: We would love to uh.
Speaker 4: Get your questions for John, and we'll drag him back here because he obviously having such a good time.
Speaker 3: And I hope some people learned some things that they didn't quite know about us the show, and there's a lot more. So thank you very much, good luck with this podcast. I'm glad it's out there for everyone to hear.
Speaker 4: Go enjoy some time off now, after some rest, hopefully after after all of this crazy book tour.
Speaker 1: But send our love to Caitlin, Billy and Billy. Yes, give Billy a big hug from us too. Yes, I love you all right, Love you you John.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 2: Everyone. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: For this very very special episode with our the wonderful, incomparable John Stamos.
Speaker 2: We had such a great time talking with him.
Speaker 1: And if you want to stay tuned for more of wonderful behind the scenes full house stories, please follow us on Instagram which is at how Rude podcast, and you can email us at Howard Podcast at gmail dot com. Jody usually does these outros, so let's.
Speaker 2: See if I can get this right. And remember the world is small, but the house is full.
Speaker 5: Hey, take that.
Speaker 3: Sweek