Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for comedo Rich at Fox sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR. Oh Yeah, showtime, goat time. It's Taco Tuesday with CNR on FSR. Let's go, Hey, bro, let's have a let's have a good show. I don't know what am I shaking on here? Are you gonna shake my hand?
Speaker 2: Are you pulling a Are you pulling a cal Rally?
Speaker 1: That's right, I'll pull a cal Rawley because I don't know where your hands have been. That's That's a good point. They call Rich Rich Doodoo cockoff finger Davis. No one calls me that except you. Yeah, everybody calls you that. I'll pass. I'll pull a Raleigh on you big time. You a little bit.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: Speaking of hope, you had a team USA sort of the USA USA USA or USA and USA Hey TMXICOSOK, good, yeah shot? The essays, but USA plays Italy tonight. We're talking about it is Cavino and rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, it is a Taco Tuesday. I do love how team Itaha. Team Italy has a cappuccino machine, an espresso machine in their dugout.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, that's the big criticism is everybody, all the cultures, all the international teams have a gimmick of sorts, a celebration, some personality, you might say. And USA getting a lot of criticism for taking things too serious. But hey, winning's fun, so it looks like they're having fun of me. Don't heard of them yet. I heard team medal. He's breaking out the charcouteri board tonight. Is that true? You know what they might if they beat Usa? Gabba gul for you, a freshm for you. He led by former Yankee and Pirate catcher Francisco Cervelli is the coach, and he asked his former teammate Jorge Pasada to be part of the coaching staff. So you'll see Joe Pisada leading Italy, not on the field as coaches, a bunch of botch of go loops out there representing Team Italy. So I'm a little touring. I like the Italians. I'm part Italian myself.
Speaker 2: I saw some of the guys at a piece of each in between innings, Right, what do you mean, a piece of each one?
Speaker 1: Sicilian one regular, a little speaking Italian piece of each.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, we'll talk a little World Baseball Classic. Later we'll lay off baseball, because right now, what.
Speaker 1: Do you want to talk about? Geno Smith, the big movie Football dude is like, you know, I was talking to one of the dads at school drop off this morning, and we're just talking about how I bet you were, bro I bet they try to avoid Rich. Oh there he is, sir, yaps a loot. Oh, here he comes. Don't get Rich Davis. You know what that means. They use you as a way to describe, don't you know, to avoid people. I'm a verb. Don't get Rich Davis means Yo, everybody scram because here he comes. Everybody has that guy in the office like, oh, man, man, here got Rich Davis. Every time you see that guy in the hallway, just choose your hero here. I thought they were happy to get their own private five minute putt. No.
Speaker 3: So no.
Speaker 2: We were talking about how even in the off season, my buddy Scott's a Dolphins fan, and.
Speaker 1: You don't know really what to think. I was like, Malik, huh, Malik, willis what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Every team is really assessing now, like what's doing, where we headed, what's happening? And as predictable as anything else. God, the Jets embarrass themselves. I don't know how they do it. Every team could make a move tea.
Speaker 1: In typical Jets fashion, they wait till he stinks again to get him. He had his worst one of his worst career years ever. Went the Raiders and they're like, all right, yeah, bring him back because that's what we need because we're the Jets. So Gino Smith, on the positive, it bookends his career. He's a nice goes back to where he started. You know, he had some tough years. The Jets gets to redeem himself a little bit, a place where the fans watched him grow up, watched him get punched in the face, and now he's back and yeah, in typical Jets fashion, he is coming off his worst year. So we'll talk about it. Take your phone calls. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, we are Covino and Rich with Danny g Our super producer. Yeah, hey, Danny, barely have to talk to Danny because we were moving around so much before the show. Iowa Sam is here on the ones and twos, Hi Sam, and of course Dan Bayer with his great insight and updates. He's got tons of updates for you, so stick around for that. We're Covino on Rich streaming live at Covino and Rich FSR and YouTube so it's YouTube dot com, slash at Covino and Rich FSR. As we speak, Luis Cortez Juniors, chiming in, Martin Lopez, Charles Knobs, Steel in Stockton, Wes And Idaho. A lot of people talking smash, talking smash, sucking smash. Yeah, I made that up. It's harder than smack. Yeah talking, ye know, we all say that yeah thing, but he say yeah in Jersey is that what it was saying? And water Boy Joe Montagna, Yeah, you know, Yeah, we don't talk smack, we talk smash. It's all going on in the chat, YouTube dot com, slash at Covino and rap. Hey damn Bayer, how the heck are you today? Buddy?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Uh hey?
Speaker 2: Guys, are you recovering from a crazy twenty four hours? As the lead update guy on this network? What yeah, yesterday was was nuts?
Speaker 4: And then We've got college basketball really heating up tomorrow. So like today's a bit of the uh I of the hurricane, if you will, maybe the little bit of a calming.
Speaker 1: But yesterday was the mad before the other man.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, So just in between the madness dB uh. Part of my ignorance on this because all these moving parts or quarterbacks justin fields. What's his status?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Nowhere yet? Like so just with the Jets right, correct? And is correct and healthy to go next year?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, he's not in the Jets plans. He'll be with another team next year.
Speaker 1: But currently still on the Jets rosters.
Speaker 2: So right now the Jets have justin fields who will likely be on the move. And I saw Kyler Murray expected to be moved by the end of the week from Arizona.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Correct, So there's still moving parts like that. It's not done, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: There's still more ruckus now speaking of to put it in perspective, and.
Speaker 2: By the way, who would benefit Let me throw another piece big Trent Williams. It seems like the forty nine ers don't want to really match what he's wanting. Is there a team out there that's that thirsty for a veteran one of the best of all time offensive lineman guarding your maybe a young quarterback somewhere. Is there someone that's gonna be like, well, roll out the Brinks truck for Trent Williams.
Speaker 4: I I don't know. I'm not sure of that. Houston does have to shore things up a bit in front of C. J. Stroud And you think the Demico Ryans connection. I don't know if that, if that's a legitimate team, I don't know if they have the money or not, but just those sort of connections would make me think that that could be a possibility. But I have no idea if they have the money or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting. This is a part of the year where if you close, if you take a little nap Cavino or check out for a minute, you miss something. So Geno Smith, Yeah, back to the Jets and a twenty twenty sixth seventh round pick in exchange for a twenty twenty six sixth round pick. It's a pretty good deal for the I think the Raiders. Danny g would agree, Yeah, right, a good deal, right, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, yeah, we all thought Gino was just gonna straight up be cut.
Speaker 1: And as Danny G said he texted us earlier. Now I'm really impressed with the Raiders. Now I'm impressed that was a act right there.
Speaker 2: Here's the headline that was floating around, and now I'll bite, I'll bite the bait. Here, I'll have you went dummy fishing? Consider me caught?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know where you're going. Rich. The first jokes came out instantly, Consider me caught dummy fishing? Here we go?
Speaker 2: Is Tom Brady? Is Tom Brady building another dynasty already?
Speaker 1: Are we watching the the the first steps of Tom Brady putting his TB twelve magic on something other than the Patriots and his little stint in Tampa where he won them a Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Like that?
Speaker 1: He's a winner, man, he knows how to win. Has he found the way already? Like at first it was like, what is he doing there? You know Pete Carroll? Maybe that was part of the bridge. That's where I thought you were going.
Speaker 5: Because there were videos and reels put out yesterday by YouTubers and social media dudes who do a lot of football ranting saying is Tom Brady just a next level genius?
Speaker 1: Did he plant Pete Carroll in that whax? System to get the number one overall pick.
Speaker 5: And then now this morning we're hearing are the Jets also, well, why genius.
Speaker 1: Is the Jets?
Speaker 5: Is this a that was the jokes on the internet.
Speaker 2: Are the Jets embarrassing themselves by getting Gino on purpose? Or the Jets getting Geno knowing that they'll jet? And then maybe arch Manning is the savior of all saviors if that's the direction they want to go.
Speaker 1: Are we thinking are they thinking steps ahead? I don't think so. I think that's wishful thinking. I think they're just bringing Geno Smith back. And who's to say arch Manning.
Speaker 2: We've seen young quarterbacks in the past, including one of his uncles, say yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna play there. What if this is the plan? Then arch Manning is like yeah.
Speaker 5: Nah, yeah, the same way where Tom Brady wanted Carol to work out. And then when he saw what was going on with his own eyes. Yesterday on the Odd Couple, Bonsignore was on the air and he said that because of Brady's broadcasting schedule, obviously he didn't get to see a lot of the Raiders games in persons, but at that Dallas Monday night game, he said Brady was there watching it in person, shaking his head like, I am not gonna let this happen next season. So I think it's a product more of that than it is, you know, Brady being some mastermind genius bringing Pete Carroll in to get the number one pick.
Speaker 2: Well, people are talking a lot about all the moves. He got a center, the best center in the NFL, arguably right. People are saying, since Jason Kelcey, the best you know, talked about center, you have draft equity. You got Brack bauers genty going into year two when people are expect acting big things if he has a line and help you.
Speaker 1: Lose Crosby, but you get some good But they gained eight starters, Clint Kobiak, You got linebackers. And the difference is you willingly gain them too because people want to go where Tom Brady is because he is a winner and his reputation precedes him. And you know, like you know why Team USA stacked this year because guys like Aaron Judge volunteer to be a part of it. And I think when you got a guy like Tom Brady, that's a part of it. It just brings winning culture, winning mentality and people excited to play for that team. Yeah, I think you're right. I think he's been the closer Coveno. Wait if Tom Bold? Yeah, man, I believe in it. You know Aaron Judges playing for WBC. All right, cal Raley's in, Bryce Harp present. All these dudes are in because there's a winner involved. It's like a movie, right. How many times have you heard directors back in the day. You're right, Danny g That's what I was looking for. Like he's closing these deals. That's why this has happened. It's like the old school movie business, before social media, before everyone's up up each other's ass. Back in the day, when people weren't in constant communication, some director or a producer be like, yeah, we're doing this new project. You want in. Guess who else is in?
Speaker 2: And they'll they'll just in like falsely throw at names to lure someone, and then they tell the other person and it's like old trick, like, hey, uh, can we know you want to do it? H Dan Patrick's in? Oh he's in, Then I can, and then I get I'll in, and then they tell Dan Patrick, Dan you want to do it? Collins in. It's like oh, our guess of Collins, and I'll do it. And you start lying.
Speaker 1: To get where you start with a lie, and then you build something real. You build something real based on the line.
Speaker 2: They've done it forever in the movie industry, and part of me feels like that happens in sports one. That's the story with the Team USA this year and A judges that, yeah he's in and Harpers and they got all these big names that we want to play.
Speaker 1: Skeens is in and school bulls it right, Wait, Skeens is in. Oh yeah, then I'm in. Right, So that's how it works. And I think Tom Brady without a doubt, is that guy for the Raiders. And that's why we're seeing all right. They're making me solid moves and and again there's a different vibe to it, not just the moves that they're making. It's like there's promise there and they're excited to be part of it because you're you're thinking, now, he's going to be that part of the change in the culture.
Speaker 2: Can I give you the dumbed down version of what we're just scoring taking away movies and sports?
Speaker 1: Hey, you want to go to the bar tonight. Someone's always going to say.
Speaker 2: Someone's always gonna say the who's going, the annoying who's going?
Speaker 1: And I hate that because that means like, what, I'm not good enough? But who's going. If I was like, oh, yeah, we got a.
Speaker 2: Good crew, people to be hot girls and you know, but you know, cool guys that we work with, then it's like overall.
Speaker 1: Come, oh, Covino's going, all right, I'll go be a leader, not a follower. Yeah, it's just rich. No one's going.
Speaker 2: Was Sam's going, it's just you. And I was saying, nah, I'm good. I don't watch Paradise or something. This Cavino going, yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 1: That's how you. Yeah, I don't know about but there is truth to what we're saying here. I know it sounds silly, but that's how things work. So you're seeing moves being made. I don't think the Jets are thinking that far ahead. I don't think that the Raiders were really scheming that far ahead. I think that's just how it's panning out now. And to put it in perspective, right the bookends. I like that part of the story.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: But Geno Smith is going back where he started in twenty thirteen, Where were you in twenty thirteen as thirteen years ago, Rich and I were on SNY talking about Geno Smith on the Jets as home of the New York Jets, Mets and all things New York Sports. I remember being in the newsroom at SNY and there's some broadcasters that people may know from other networks, but Chris Carlin was one. Yes, I remember sing. I remember sitting in.
Speaker 2: The newsroom, which could be you know, when I had no business sitting in a newsroom, But I remember them talking about my snoozeroom.
Speaker 1: I just took a little nap in there. Wait, Geno Smith got punch in the face, Yeah, and he's out. I remember that. I remember that story clear, clear as day. And I was twenty thirteen. So we were working for the network in New York that aired the Jets, and hearings in the news backing Mets, Jets and all things in New York Sports was the slogan, and we did a goofy live TV show. But my point in bringing that up is Rich, imagine out of nowhere, you're going back to s n Y thirteen years later. You're like, what do you want to still work there?
Speaker 3: Going back?
Speaker 1: Going back to an old job. It's like going back to an X, And the question is is it ever too late to go back to that X? You know, what are your thoughts on that? And could you see yourself doing that? Because that's what Gino Smith is doing. Do people have gone back to old jobs? No? What I was five fascinating You ever visit an old job? Like maybe there's like one old coworker you're still pals with and you go there and the front door guy is still the same, or like you know, maybe it's the maintenance guy or you know, the account so the HR person, Like you're like, oh, look, Helen's still here. Hey, all right, if you weren't married, who are you even dating in twenty thirteen? It'd be kind of like going back to them. Let me ask you, Danny J. You weren't here in twenty thirteen, right.
Speaker 5: No, I got here in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Dahn Buyer, you were I was anyone in the building? Was uh Augusta here in twenty thirteen? He may have been. Yeah, So let's say J Moore swung By, he'd probably be like Agusta, Yes, absolutely, ye Buyer, Like you go back and Mike was running this place in twenty thirteen and he had hair heard Yeah, Mike, Yeah, yeah, Mike.
Speaker 4: I would hope Jay would know me. We work together for five years, so I would hope that'd be the case. But a Gusta, Yes, absolutely, you're a big part of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: Gonna say, I listened to Buyer on the Jay Moore Show every day.
Speaker 1: So that's that's putting things in perspective a little bit. Could you do it? Is it ever too late? You're coming back with a whole different sort of perspective and wisdom. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Look, you would think you'd get some courtside tickets once a while. Huh dba, you know he's with Jennie Bust and all.
Speaker 1: Then on the note, that's you know, I'm a Bucks fan. Right, Let me put a positive spin on this for the sad and lonely Jets fans, miserable Jets fans like Jason Smith, right is the Yeah, he's a Jets guy, right, he.
Speaker 2: Said in lonely like the dudes on last night's episode of Paradise. Yeah, we just lonely, said guys, lonely said Jets fans. I look at it this way, if you were to go back. You learn from your mistakes. I understand the sports. You get older, but you also grow wiser. And he came to New York with all this promise.
Speaker 1: We remember, we were there, you guys remember, Yeah, Geno Smith had tons of promise, but it didn't work out. He had his worst years there. But what happened? He got rid off, He didn't right back found himself in Seattle. Dude, he's slated. You look at his numbers. He had one bad year and that was last year with your Raiders. How do you know he doesn't come back with a different sense of wisdom. If I went back to s and Y thirteen years later, yeah, I'm not as young and handsome as I was, you know, thirteen years ago, But you know what, I'd come with a ton more confidence, not a different vibe and a different vibe. So I'm thinking positive. He's coming back to prove something. He's learned a lot since then, and he gets to go back and redeem himself and show New York that, hey, I didn't write back because I shouldn't have been written off. I just had a tough go to first time round. I'm here to prove it different. If you got back with that girl you were with in twenty thirteen, Are you really gonna be the same guy. I'd like to think we grew a little bit thirteen years later. We shall see. I'm just trying to put something positive.
Speaker 2: There's different storylines going on, because while it's a Jets, do you think he fell off that hard or he just wasn't comfortable with the Raiders system doesn't work out?
Speaker 1: Maybe I think I think both things could be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but you know, because I mean, he threw I watched every pass he through last season, and some of those passes that the horrible passes, he was not under dress, so you could blame it on offensive line all day long.
Speaker 1: But he also was offensive. He was was offensive. Yeah, but you know, learning and being comfortable with a whole different system is not easy, bro. So maybe it's a maybe it's a lack of understanding being comfortable. Maybe he goes back to the Jets, but this is a new system, new coach and everything. It's not like he's going back to the Jets that he was one same I mean, so, you know, but I don't know. I don't feel maybe comfortable going to met life. Who knows, right, But there's got to be a feeling of I've been here before. There's a couple of layers to this, right, because it's the Jets taking a chance on Geno again, And is it real or is it like, is it Fugacia they just looking for like, Hey, I know the answer. I don't think yeah, he's just suitable. I don't think they're saying, oh, he's taken us to the promised Land. I don't think that's the case. Well put us out of the Jets for a second, Danny G. We're talking about all the hype of your Raiders and all the moves they're making.
Speaker 2: I just looked it up in Las Vegas and according to DraftKings and all our friends, Las Vegas right now, unless it's changed, which I don't think it has currently the over underwin total for the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Let me guess.
Speaker 5: People still aren't going to buy into him yet. Until it's proven on the field. I'm going to say five games.
Speaker 1: Five point five.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you believe that they're building something that it might not be there yet. But if you're thinking, I want to be shocked if the Raiders found a way to build a team that was eight and nine or seven and ten like a step closer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sort of like the over there.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe that's a fool's bet, but there's a part because they're in a great division.
Speaker 1: You know, can'sas city to get better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to play some of the best teams twice per season. And then the other question mark is what veteran QB are they going to bring in? Because their GM spy Tech has said that he doesn't want to just throw Fernando in immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's a part of me that wonders sucker betteror not thirty I'm sorry, five and a half wins according to Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: You taking that over? If they go six and eleven, you win that bet? What when they last year three and fourteen?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we'll know more after the draft too, because they have more draft capital than any other team in the league.
Speaker 2: Or Danny before the draft might be the time, because maybe maybe that number moves to six or something, you know what I'm saying. Like right now, six wins in Vegas wins you the over and.
Speaker 1: Not some big gambling fool.
Speaker 2: But I do think that if you believe that Tom Brady and the Raiders are building something we've seen parody in the NFL, where teams go from three wins to playoff teams, where teams go from playoff teams to five wins.
Speaker 1: Like the league moves fast.
Speaker 5: As long as they're moving in the right direction. And say Fernando gets in a few games into the season and he looks like he looked like he did in college as the Heisman Trophy winner, and the team is starting to gel because these are a lot of new faces, a new coaching staff, a lot of pieces need to be put together. So you would think that the growth you're really going to see is in year two of this new regime.
Speaker 1: Well, well you're one of this new regime. Deliver six and eleven. I think so I would take that if I was a gambling fool like risch Davis. Oh, I'm sorry, you're a dancing full No, you're just a fool. Great Frank Zappe song, Yeah, dancing Foo. What's up.
Speaker 4: What's interesting about the Raiders over under number is we don't know the health of Patrick Mahomes. So let's just say the Raiders and the Chiefs have those schedules where they play week sixteen and Week eighteen, that we've seen, then maybe their win total changes because the Chiefs would have Mahomes by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if they play in week two? You're correct?
Speaker 4: So the actual layout of this schedule I think could have a say in how how the Raiders perform.
Speaker 1: Who's backing up Mahomes? Do we know that? Well? Gardner Minshew's now Arizona. That's what I'm saying. Andy Reid's gonna put up. I saw yesterday.
Speaker 2: I saw what if what if NFL coaches wore uniforms like other sports where like baseball.
Speaker 4: Managers And it was Andy Reid I got, I got one of the Chris olid Uh was it? Ola Dokin was the third stringer who came in when Minshew also got hurt. H My wife saw different Andy Reid AI meme where like he was slick, like it was slim down style. My wife goes Andy Reid like this is and by the way, he was walking in like Manhattan.
Speaker 1: You know, so it was a total AI. But tell you I fall for stuff to hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he looked like a buck ninety buff clean.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: My wife's like, wow, Andy Reid looks good and season has only been over for two months.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's funny. All right, your thoughts, let's yo, let's get it going. Most interactive show here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: And again the story today is Geno Smith back to the Jets. Is it ever too late to go back to your rex? He was there in twenty thirteen. He's back and he's only thirty five, so it's not like he's the oldest guy. He just had a really bad year. That's my spin on it. Well, you know what, a lot of times and I'll wrap it with this and we'll take your feedback on Gino, on the Raiders, on the Jets, on whatever the heck you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of times when you see a guy coming off a bad season, let.
Speaker 1: Me ask you this, though you're your first year in a new place, is it always the best year you had career wise? We just get to watch and criticize. I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, go one of two ways when you see someone come coming off like a bad year, that next year, this year too, will determine Oh are they.
Speaker 1: Gonna bounce back?
Speaker 2: It was that the anomaly or is this the beginning of the of the downfall? Like as a Niners fan, Mike Evans had statistically his worst year and he was injured. So if you're a Niners fan like I am, you're thinking, how's Mike Evans with Brock Purdy in the system, he.
Speaker 1: May put up twelve hundred yards again, or does Mike Evans get injured and put up four hundred yards and he's not there half the time? Like you don't know because it's that it's the year following the uh oh, true, true true. It's the like like with Gina Smith. It's the uh.
Speaker 4: Oh did you see the Evans electrical Queens?
Speaker 1: Of course I did.
Speaker 2: It was know what it was, you know, the black guy behind the tree that's like go like a walk side hoo yeah.
Speaker 1: Yellow with the yellow suit on.
Speaker 2: I saw that guy and the transmitter was his head and it was like it was like looking at Mike Evans.
Speaker 1: Limbs or something like that.
Speaker 4: The one that I saw was like someone took like a pork belly or something thing off the grill and the meat just slid off the ball and they're like Mike Evans hamstring after playing next to the electrical.
Speaker 6: Substation bad yeah, you know, and the internet wins every time, you know, you know what eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox Jets Raiders, Mike Evans, any any storyline from the NFL you want to chat about, We'll take your feedback next and we're gonna talk about a.
Speaker 2: Little World Baseball Classic. And if this a Rosa Raina cal Rally thing is real or not? Are you buying in? We'll do some Iron Mike Trivia, giveaway, some prizes, all coming up right here, having fun on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Cavino and Rich ready to tackle your financial goals with WEE Bowl. You don't have to sit on the sidelines, whether you're a rookie or a pro. We will put you in the game like Geno Smith, with the tools that help you make the moves you want, trade stocks, options, ETFs, or play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts, all on one platform. We bowls app pairs advanced analytics or real time data so you could read the defense, adjust your strategy, stay in control. And now with Vega Vega that's your personal a market assistant. You could ask questions like what's the outlook for the stock? Or hey, can you analyze my watch list?
Speaker 2: You get real time stock analysis, volatility insights, a real good look into your portfolio. You can even use portfolio x ray to spot trends, manage risk, and optimize performance.
Speaker 1: Stop punting your financial future. Join Weebel's community to discuss markets, trending topics, and ideas with fellow investors. Download the Weeble app today on mobile or desktop w e b U l L or visit weebel dot com we Ble Financial LLC member SAPC FENRA Investing involves Risk. For more information, visit weeple dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 7: Thanks to outs here, I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow and I have brought it here to Iharker. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because.
Speaker 1: My wife wanted to kick me out of the house.
Speaker 7: It's called Stegatzi Company Live, which is available in podcast form right when the show finishes every single day.
Speaker 1: Some of the biggest names in sports. A lot of phone.
Speaker 3: Calls, I love you guys, your show, it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 7: A lot of interaction, guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you could expect from Stu Gottson Company and Steve Gotson Company. Live, So listen to Steve Gotson Company Live and our original podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review Steve Gotson Company and God Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it. You do it today and you can check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Woo, Dance It, Food, Dance It Food. I love how random we get on FSR. It's my jam right here.
Speaker 1: Do you think anyone on Fox Sports Radio just a down ass fool? Bro?
Speaker 2: You think anyone on this network has ever said, well that's Frank Zappa.
Speaker 1: Well it's okay. We're the first. We're a first to do a lot of nonsense here on Fox Sports Radio. I take pride in that worldwide leaders of nonsense. Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio, two down ass dancing fools. Steve Covino, Rich Davis. Actually, you know who's the dancing queen of the show, Sammy sweetheart over there? Why couldn't you call me a dancing king? I'm saying, so you're working your way there, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can see him dancing as we speak right now. He's dancing like Ted in the studio. Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. The live chat is up. Danny G's taking your phone calls, our executive super producer at eight seven to seven ninety nine m Fox. We're going to Buyer in about five six minutes for an update. And you never know what's going to happen. Lots of moves in the NFL, and of course we got to talk some WBC again. Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Your next success can begin sooner than you think. Put your goals within reach at University of Maryland Global Campus, an accredited state university. Undergraduate and most graduate classes starts soon, so learn more at UMGC dot edu. That's UMGC dot edu. Who wants to talk about the Jets?
Speaker 5: Ennyg our Boy Bruno in Brooklyn, Bruno bus Off, Hey.
Speaker 3: Buddy, guys, guys, guys, listen, long suffering Jets fan. When I saw that news today, I said, okay, this is an early April fool shoke, because in all seriousness when that was kicked around, I said, this can't be happening. But the wild thing is this Woody Johnson's out of his mind. He kept Glenn, which was a bad move. But now they're going backward. They're not going forward. Don't to say about sports is if you can't get me wins, give me hope. When they drop something like that on us this early, you know your season coming up isn't going to be a good one. And that's the hard part. And it's just it's terrible because there are a lot of suffering fans out there like me.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting about what you just said and that you nailed it, Bruno. If you don't give me wins, give me hope. What a great way to look at sports, right because Danny g we talked about the Raiders win total for next year five and a half in Vegas.
Speaker 1: But for a fan like you, it's not about winning right now, it's about hope.
Speaker 2: And with Fernando Klink Kubiak new leadership, new players like.
Speaker 5: Be a fun team and show the fan base that you are moving towards the playoffs.
Speaker 2: What made Shawshank not so bad for Andy Dufran Hope? Remember that was the whole thing with him in red, Like, yo, hope, that's a pipe dream, Mandy.
Speaker 1: You mean the baby on Paradise. They're not naming it, Hope. They're not naming it.
Speaker 2: They're not naming it hope, but no for real, for real, it's hope or wins. And if you're not giving me either, it's like I always say, radio or broadcasting or podcasting. Do one of two things. Inform me of something I don't know or make me laugh? Otherwise what are you doing?
Speaker 1: All right? So that's the news. And by the way, if you go to YouTube in search, like Cavino and Rich Gino Smith, you could see us talking about how bad he was in twenty thirteen. Well, you know what, Danny, can you pull it up? This is actually no joke. Thirteen years ago when we were on in New York, Yo, get this, Jets lost their second straight and Gino Smith was awful. Why does it seem like the leash is so long for rookie quarterbacks? Rich, Well, look at it this way. Yeah, you draft a quarterback unlike any other player. You draft right because you're looking at possibly making this guy a local point and leader of your organization. So unlike any other sport. I agree, like any other sport, this guy has a long leash, because what are you talking about? A long leash all day?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Very funny. Yeah, look at guys like Peyton Manning. They started out for a more picks than touchdowns. It's part of the learning process. There's no other sports position where you get like on the field training. You could cut it there, but you have to think that thirteen years ago we're talking about Gino Smith struggling as a rookie for the Jets, and here we are get thirteen years later, and that's like you going back to where you were in twenty thirteen. We were talking about him in New York City on SNY So happening here on Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: Really good to know a long leash junk innuendo. Still it would be Kavino's got I mean that was a that was a I was pushing the envelope.
Speaker 1: Maturity. Your maturity has gun heaven. Yeah, you know, I'd probably go back and do the same exact thing. All right, So let's talk a little base baw bachebow. How about that funny side up. You know, I hate people trying to compare it to the World Series or Olympics, like Bryce Harper was talking about the Olympics or anything. It is what it is. It's a tournament, it's exciting, it is what it is. The WBC. I've watched it since its inception in two thousand and six. It took about twenty years to get to this point of excitement because I think the last tournament was Also you're a big WBC guy, You're like, you know, how id you know? Ariel Whole was way early on UFSA. Cavino was the guy that was talking about the World Baseball Classic fifteen years. I just believed in the concept, and I believed in what it was meant to be, like this World Cup, vibe international, real life sort of world series. But it's a tournament, and that's why there's this crazy level of excitement there. Even school Bowl was shocked to see how much it meant to him. As you and I were discussing on our Patreon earlier today, Covino and Rich on Patreon every afternoon if you want to check it out, Patreon, dot com, slash Covino and Rich. School Ball was thinking this was going to be more of a glorified All Star experience, and now that he's leaving early, he's like, hold up, wait a minute, this means a lot more to the players. Early, Yeah, and when you see what it means to the players, especially the international superstars. It makes you as a fancy Wait a minute, maybe I should be carrying a little more. And finally everybody's catching on a question for you. It's a badass, dude. I love it.
Speaker 2: For the people that are casually watching you, you're cainually watching. I want to I want to take the croc off of your own foot and hit you over the head with it.
Speaker 1: You're assuming, I'm assuming. I'm assuming you're the type of guy is wearing crocs because I don't get it. How are you not if you're a baseball fan? How are you not watching?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I saw a clip today and it made me. It made me think because I felt the same way a little bit. This guy goes, is anyone watching the World Series watching Team USA wishing that was my team? He's like, I'm a Yankees fan, but I'll tell you what, Like, I'm watching Team USA with a sense of pride, wishing like, man, I wish my team were as stacked as this group of players. There are a great group of players. We should take some pride in that. Listen, it's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying for the people that are casually watching, because I am I'm not gonna lie. I'm casually watching still early tea team d R USA, Mexico Japan.
Speaker 1: We'll watch USA Italy tonight. Maybe we'll give him some more props later.
Speaker 2: But the electrician from the Chechian team who struck out Otani, I mean this great.
Speaker 1: Moment, mean a baseball legend, Andre Soultorria, that he's the guy that struck out Otani in the last tournament. So question for you, what are we down to now?
Speaker 2: How many teams? And give give everyone the the cliff notes.
Speaker 1: I mean it goes into the seventeen no, but will be down to like eighteen soon six like ten, like what you know?
Speaker 2: Look it up because I got to know this because if you're gonna try to sell me on it.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to sell you on anything. If you don't want to watch it, then don't. But I can't tell you how can I describe the excitement level here? Because that's what I'm getting at. Like, you got some really dominant teams, it's anyone's ballgame. There's still undefeated teams there. You got Team USA, you got and they again they're leading in their pool. They just beat Mexico, who is also a favorite team right behind him. Mexico plays Italy next week. We'll see if USA beats Italy tonight. Puerto Rico is still undefeated. Last I checked Dominican Republic undefeated team Japan. These guys are, they're marginally favored in the tournament of the twenty teams, eight teams will advance to the quarterfinals, which is like happening now. So on March tenth, eight teams will now advance. That's what I'm saying, Like, if you're not going to start following now, then yeah, I guess you don't care that three teams.
Speaker 2: As of right now, if I'm reading this correctly, five of the eight teams have clinched their spot in the quarterfinals. Three teams remain, and then we'll be down to the final. Japan clinch. And that's why Otani didn't play. So a lot of in their speculation that.
Speaker 1: He didn't play because he didn't want to face on today Sultria, who struck him out in the previous baseball doesn't want to get the heat. Yeah, don't want to take the heat. He didn't play, And yeah, they advanced too, So it's really heating up right now, and I think you should be watching. Well, there's thoughts on the World Baseball Classic. We'll get to right after Dan Bayer. What's going on, dB?
Speaker 4: Well, Rich is Alma Maters in the thick of it of the e c C Tournament and underdog today against SMU. Actually I have no idea what the line was, but syria US's the lower seeded team.
Speaker 1: Wait, the clown college made it that far? Oh geez, Conveno's been relentless. Wait, Ringley University? What first? There was the school? The school drop off? No?
Speaker 2: This talking about I went to Syracuse. This guy went to like a community college in Jersey.
Speaker 1: No, I was sorry. I at the Montler State University as well. Might as well be a community community college is the second largest school in New Jersey, the state in which I live. Yeah, go on, tell, looks like SMU is a almost ten point faith Oh okay.
Speaker 4: I assumed, but I didn't want to, you know, make a what out of you and me. Mustang's lead the Orange right now, fifty one forty two, five minutes gone by in the second half of that first round ACC Tournament game earlier today in the ACC pit, knocked off Stanford sixty four to sixty three. That's big because Stanford was sitting on the bubble, now unlikely headed to the NCAA Tournament as they cannot improve their resume. In the Big twelve, Arizona State beat Baylor eighty three seventy nine. Cincinnati's on the bubble. They won today against Utah seventy three sixty six. In the Big Ten, Maryland leads Oregon twenty eight to ten with two and a half minutes to go in that first round game. In the Big ten, Duke guard Caleb Foster outed definitely with a fracture in his foot. Lakers guard Luka Doncic find fifty grand for making the money gesture towards officials on Sunday and your day in the NFL? Is this you guys talked about it? Gino Smith acquired by the Jets in a trade with the Raiders. Jets also signed former Bears corner Nashan Wright. Patriots signed former Packers wide receiver Romeo Dobbs to a four year dinner sixty eight million dollars. The Lions son running back is they have a checkout to a one year deal, and the Athletics. Diana Russini reports the forty nine ers asking price for backup quarterback Mac Jones has been quote astronomical end quote according to her resources. That's why mac Jones right now remains in San Francisco. Guys, back to you, Oh thank you d B. By the way, you knows college the mascot was a hair jail, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Red hawks?
Speaker 2: Ye, the red Montclair State chet CLL we got more CNR. We'll talk about a little fight, a little discrepancy among teammates. Now that's the uh maybe, like you said, the controversial part of the WBC, you got teammates going against each other gets.
Speaker 1: A little dicey. All right?
Speaker 2: Now, have you ever wiped with an extra dry piece of single ply toilet paper and wondered?
Speaker 1: Is this as good as a guest I left that life behind me? Bro, Well, it's not. It gets a lot better thanks to dude wipes, the extra large cleaning power and when they say actual largs, they mean business. No matter what the size of your mess, top to bottom, dudes has you covered for a confident clean They comfortably clean whatever TP leaves behind. No more maintenance wipes. Honestly, Like when I go to people's houses and they don't have like a stack of dude wipes. I'm like, are we living in the Caveman times? It's like the old school, old school Timmy times. This is the Abe Lincoln Times. What's going on? Hey? Exual large do wipes.
Speaker 2: They start experiencing the confident clean of dude wipes and you start using them. One hundred percent plant based natural fibers, a variety of sense, shade, butter mint, chill, Join the Movement for Cleaner Movements for a skid free life and protect your end Zone. Available on Amazon and all major retailers nationwide. Dude Wipes, Dupes, best clean pants down.
Speaker 1: As the Great Rick James said, I'm sorry, Charlie Murphy, I was having too much fun. I'm sorry, Rich Davis. What do you apolished? What did you do about the Ringling Brothers Ringling College that you went to Ringling University? Don't I tell you what you're apologizing for, because the truth is just dropped in this studio. No, no, no, he dropped what you call an inquisitive. You know what those are? An inquisitive. That's when let's just say I had something bad for lunch. Cavino hit me with a not so wicked games because it went like, geeze, dude, walk out of the studio. Disgusting dude. I was apologizing to you and everybody listening because uh I lied. Rich never actually graduated from Wringling University. No, he went, but he didn't graduate. So anyway, we're live from meet Fox Sports Radio Studio Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio with Danny g and Iowa Sam.
Speaker 2: During the break, I questioned in convenience, like, what do you think people are dummies? And I said, with all due respects, some people are.
Speaker 1: Yes. Does everyone on planet Earth know that?
Speaker 2: If you were to say name a circus, do you think everyone would say, yeah, Ringling Brothers, barnumun.
Speaker 1: Belly Circus, the only one. Yeah, Like that would be the go. There's a bunch of traveling circus or circuys as people say in but I mean, there's only one world famous Ringling Brothers.
Speaker 2: I have a question that again we talked about how we talked about things no one's ever talked about on Fox Sports Radio. If you had to guess, Sam, don't give me your answer yet. If I was Sam were in a circus, what do you think he'd want to be? If you give you granted him skills like right now, would he be the lion tamer? Would he be the strong man with would he be the guy that rode the motorcycle in the.
Speaker 1: K I don't see him as a gun through Gable Williams type. I see him. I see him like on a tightrope. I think, but what about a bear?
Speaker 2: What about a bear riding in uticycle with I say, I'm on the band tuman.
Speaker 1: A leotard balancing on a tightrope. Anyway, Yeah, we got to get to the play in the tape.
Speaker 2: Bro Let me think about this, like team up with family members would be like a like a a trapeze.
Speaker 1: Act'd probably be a clown. Let me let me think about it. Time for the tyrock Play of the Day, sg A hit a dagger three last night fuck SGA.
Speaker 5: Stepped back three two o'clocks on the left three.
Speaker 3: So and on a night that he times go chamber left.
Speaker 1: That's an amazing record, huh the twenty point streak. So hey, congrats to SGA and the Thunderbeat the Nuggies once one one twenty six courtesy of NBC. And that was our tiract Play the Day and for over forty years Tyrack's been helping customers find those right tires for how, what and where you drive, ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection, convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tyrack dot coma tire buying should be And let me remind you on Thursday, we're gonna do SGA day here on Fox Sports Radio. More reason to watch what you hear and follow our YouTube page by free.
Speaker 2: You mean you're gonna We're all gonna wear our flashiest ridiculous wardrobe. Nothing we have I don't think is as ridiculous as the YETI coat he wore the other day. But we're gonna do our best just to see if we could own it. You know, we'll see, we'll try. We'll try it now on Thursday. So let me let me set this up like and that's little like I'll set you up for a little spike in volleyball, okay a Rosina Yes, and Cal Rawley yes. The interaction at the World Baseball Classic awkward Burgers. But is it just awkward burgers that goes away in a week or so or is this like tra Bowl. We'll get to your feedback next right here.
Speaker 1: FSR