Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, team, Welcome to the Buck Brief. On this episode, Michael Cargill is with us. He is a big Second Amendment hero, really, and he'll tell you all why he has stared down the progressive leftist Leviathan and been victorious. Michael, first off, thank you so much what you've stood for here. Tell everybody about your case and how you defeated the Biden administration on something.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, and thank you for having me. Yes, it's the bumpstock lawsuit, the Michael Cargill versus a Department of Justice and Dear of Alcohol to backmand firearms. Back in twenty and eighteen, the ATF decide they were going to create a rule to ban a bumpstock because of the Las Vegas shooting, right and so, and.
Speaker 2: Does this happened under under Trump? By the way, so we should note that this is one of the rare moments where I'll say, I think Trump got it wrong, but the Biden administration kept fighting and then wanted to implement this.
Speaker 1: But keep going, yeah, exactly, it was a gateway, you know, kind of gateway of the ATF getting into the banning different parts and pieces. So the shooting happened in Las Vegas. Because this was like the worst mass shooting in the country. Uh, the pressure was put on everyone left right to do something. Something had to be done. And because this is just such a very nasty shooting that you know, both sides decided to do something and everyone was in on it. The NRA was in on it. Uh, there are a lot of different organizations in on it. And no one wanted to go against Trump because it was this administration. But me, I have this tunnel vision, you know when it comes to the Second Amendment. You know, I believe in standing you know, right there and making sure that no one violates my constitutional rights. So well, I decided to bring this lawsuit forward because I said, hey, if we allow the federal government, the ATF, to walk into your home and take something that you that you know you legally owned or purchased and ban it, then you know what stops him from doing other things is stopping from them from taking other parts and pieces.
Speaker 2: Right, And this is a huge issue with the administrative state. If they can just decide essentially that by whim, I mean they can just have a regulatory order and create felons out of people.
Speaker 3: I think everybody's to understand.
Speaker 2: They're not saying if you don't hand over your bum stock or if you don't hand over your pistol brace, you know, you're going to pay one hundred dollars fine. They're saying, we're going to arrest you, We're going to imprison you, We're going to take away more of your rights because you'll be a convicted felon afterwards.
Speaker 1: That's insane, right, And this is much bigger than firearms. We're talking you know, I'm talking about tech protecting my Texas farmers. I'm talking about protecting my Texas ranchers. We're talking about the government agency that's going to create a rule to convict people and you know, and pretty much take people's loblihood the way. And I said, you know, absolutely not. This has got to stop. And so I found a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: And you won that lawsuit.
Speaker 2: So congratulations on that one.
Speaker 3: It made its way all the way up through the courts.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about our sponsor for a moment. Here comes from Porter and Company. Porter Standsbury is a good friend of mine. I've known him for a decade and look, he's become an incredibly financially successful guy. And he did it all himself. He built an amazing and amazing company starting in his dorm room in the nineties that does financial publishing. They make calls about the markets. And recently Porter did something that a lot of people would think it's kind of nuts, but I want to tell you about it. He's the CEO of a publicly traded company, the one that he founded, and he cut his salary just a dollar a year.
Speaker 3: Why would he do that?
Speaker 2: Porter says, it's because, you know, he simply needs to find the best way possible to get paid. And there's essentially a new form of money in America out there that's making a lot of people wildly rich. Most of the richest people in America already use it, and you can too. It's not gold or bitcoin, but Porter says that you can use this secret currency if you know much about it. I strongly recommend you go check out Porter's latest detailed presentation at Secret Currency twenty twenty four dot com. That Secret Currency twenty twenty four dot com. Take a few minutes go check out porters Fascinating Insights Secret Currency twenty twenty four dot com. I was wondering, as somebody who obviously is familiar with with bump stocks, do you have an opinion on you know, there's this look, I'll just say it. I've seen guys who are Special Forces veterans who say that they just don't believe that a bump stock could have been what was used at the In fact, they've said they thought it was like like a two forty whether two forty Golf or two forty Bravo, you know, effectively a belt f machine gun and not a bum stock at the Las Vegas shooting. Do you have an opinion on that based on the video?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, just just basing off the video and what it's sounded like. It definitely belt fed or possibly more than one shooter, you know, but coming from one person. You know, looking at the photos of that room, I don't see enough ammunition of rounds on the ground, spent you know, spent casings whatsoever. So definitely something else is going on there they're not telling us about, you know, And and you know, to take this one little part, this piece here and to say, hey, you know they're banning this. We're going to ban this in the entire country because of one particular little incident. You know, it's just insane and it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it also it keeps the door open for the EPA, you know, you name, a federal agency can decide, you know what, we think this should be illegal now. So now it's illegal. Now it's a crime. Congress is supposed to do that now, you know, it's not supposed to be a bunch of bureaus at the ATF or anywhere else.
Speaker 1: You take Osha take you take what happened in two thousand with shutting you know, the country shutting down from COVID and how long that lasted, you know all that stuff. You know, we have to put our foot down and say, you know what, the power belongs to the people, not to the government. We should not be in fear of our government. The government should be in fear of us.
Speaker 2: You know, this is a moment where I get to say that our our proud sponsor here on the podcast is a Bear Creek Arsenal.
Speaker 3: Michael.
Speaker 2: You know some of Bear Creek Arsenal's products, right, I mean, I think there's some of for the money, some of the best guns are going to get anywhere on the market.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you, we get Bear Creek Arsenal firearms in here every single week. Our customers love Bear Creek and we because we accept transfers from other places, and let me tell you we receive them every single week from Bear Creek. I love Bear Creek.
Speaker 2: You're here and here from a guy who is a true two way defender enthusiast, somebody who really is all about the Second Amendment and Barkreek Arsenal. I've been to their facility in North Carolina. They are are all gun guys and gals. They want to give you the best possible firearms at the best possible prices. I mean when you see what they have on offer, whether it's handguns, rifles, they'll sell you uppers. Their uppers are phenomenal. You can change in and out on your rifles, different different components. Bear Creek Arsenal should be your new firearms manufacturer for all of you out there. Go check them out today. Bear Creek Arsenal dot com. Slash buck used promo code buck. That's promo code buck. Get ten percent off your first order. That's Bear Creek Arsenal dot com slash buck make sure you use that promo code buck for ten percent off your first order. Go check out the rifles they have and you see the prices, you're going to be amazed at the quality. Also when you're out at the range with them. I've been out the range. They fire so well, so accurate, feels so good on your hands because they're just made to be the best possible guns. Like I said, all right, Michael.
Speaker 1: And we actually we actually use them in our class for our beginners. Really yep, yes, absolutely, we love them.
Speaker 3: Oh fantastic. That's great to hear. So tell me this.
Speaker 2: You know, the the Biden White House, what was it the Health and Human Services had I think it was, Oh, no, the Surgeon Surgeon General. Surgeon General has said that there is a gun violence emergency and we need to have new policies to address the gun violence emergency.
Speaker 3: Does that just mean they want to ban so called assault rifles? Like what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What do they think is going.
Speaker 2: To change as a legal matter that will address any of this? Is it just a gun girl?
Speaker 1: It's all about control exactly that. It's all about control and coming after your firearms and trying to ban something. We don't see people you know, complaining or demanding. You know, we go to the car dealerships. When someone jumps in the vehicle and kills over runs over a bunch of people in a parade or you know, like Fourth of July or something like that, we don't We don't see them going to Shavy dealership. We don't see them going to Ford and demanding. You know that we hold the dealership with the manufacturer are responsible for that. No, we hold that person responsible. You know, we have a parenting problem in this country. We have a problem where parents are not spending time with their kids and watching some of the things that their kids are doing. That's the problem that we have in this country. We need to, you know, focus on parenting, focus on the individual, and stop blaming my firearms by fire. There's a gun that's sitting right here. It's sitting right here. Let me show you this fire fire. See, it's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: No, it does not, in fact happen. That gun is not like a possessed demon that can decide to do evil and harm people without a human being who is doing the wrong thing, actually making all the decisions that's the part of this that the Democrats never want to address and to deal with.
Speaker 3: If you had a.
Speaker 2: Million dollars in two thousand and nine today will be worth less than seven hundred thousand dollars. That is the effect of out of control government spending, and that's what it's doing to your hard earned dollars. Central banks and savvy investors mean and while are taking action, they're buying gold. For thousands of years, gold has withstood war, famine, and economic catastrophe. It has been a stalwart hedge against inflation and even hyperinflation. That's why the company I trust to help you diversify into gold is so important in this moment, Birch Gold Group. For over twenty years, Birch Gold has helped concerned Americans convert an existing IRA or four oh one k into a tax sheltered IRA in physical gold. And the best part, it doesn't cost you a penny out of pocket. With an A plus rating from the Better Business Bureau and tens of thousands of happy customers, you can trust Birch Gold too. To learn more, text the word buck to nine eight nine eight nine eight and get a free no obligation infoKit on gold. That's text the number buck to nine eight nine eight nine eight. It's nine eight nine eight nine eight text buck to protect your hard earned savings with some gold today. Now, just before you let you go, Michael, I mean, I'm you're you're a two AA guy, so I'm assuming you're a constitutionalist to patriot and not going to be voting for any communists come this fall. How do you think Trump is looking at this stage? And and do you think if I may ask you, I mean, you know that there's always this this hope that there'll be more Trump votes from within the the black community across this country, particularly among black men. The polling is suggesting it's looking pretty good for Trump.
Speaker 3: What do you think.
Speaker 1: I think that more people in the black and brown community are going to be voting conservative to come of this election time because they're looking at some of the things that the liberals, the left is doing, you know, this whole thing of abortion, uh, trying to convince people to kill their you know, their unborn child, reducing the amount of black and brown people we have on this planet. I see people wanting to take their own personal responsibility in their own hands and not allowing the left to tell them that you can't protect yourself. You can't you're not smart enough get a driver's license. You know, you can't read or anything like that. What are you know these crazy liberals that we're hearing out of, like states of Michigan, California. You know, people want to take their own personal their own personal safety owned hands. And yes, I'm pretty sure the black community can read, and I know they have ID.
Speaker 2: I have one question for you before we actually close up here, Michael, you get it is that we're just this is this is a fun one. It is the zombie apocalypse. I'm sure you've seen Walking Dead. Okay, you get one. I will take Bear Creek carsal out of this because obviously that would be your first choice because they're sponsoring this podcast. But you get one firearm, one firearm model that you have to fight against the zombies and the zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 3: What what do you go with?
Speaker 1: What is your I'm going with the AR fifteen hands down. You know I won't pick a model, a particular one, you know, particular.
Speaker 2: Mayga factory, right, but you go, you go, AR, you go.
Speaker 1: AR AR fifteen thirty Round magazine have a twenty extra magazines on me and a truckloading ammunition, and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: You'd be the neighbor in the zombie apocalypse that everybody would want to have. So I gotta be honest with you. I got I got a lot in the gun safe over here. So anyway, Michael, keep in touch man, Thank you again for a standing firm for both the Second Amendment and also standing against the administrative state. Let us know here on the show how we can help going forward. Keep in touch, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Absolutely reach out to us because we're selling those bump stocks.
Speaker 3: As always, what's the store? What's the store?
Speaker 2: Because we have people listening down in Texas.
Speaker 1: That's right, We're at Central Texas Gun Works in Austin, Texas, and we have bump stock for sale.
Speaker 2: I'm coming. I'm next time. I'm in Austin, Michael, I'm coming to see you, coming to see you.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much, Yes, sir, thank you for having me