Speaker 1: Wind Down with Jana Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast. Do we have anything we need to catch up on?
Speaker 2: Well, girls, I've had I had an eventful couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you like to care to share?
Speaker 2: I care to share, but I care to share and cautious to share two topics I.
Speaker 1: Really go between here on wind Down.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I had our we had our parents in and it was interesting because my mom hasn't been here in two years, so that is that always comes. We confirmed if she listens or not listens to the podcast.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Wild avoidance is her main character trait. So okay, because we know.
Speaker 3: We don't really directly ask these questions. I feel like, yeah, but we try to figure it out. I don't think so, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I always you know, obviously, we just always all represent ourselves as if as if they.
Speaker 1: Anyone is listening. I mean, we're very I think that's when things.
Speaker 4: Tried to be good.
Speaker 2: There's sometimes we say things that grows our fingers or we say, hey, Hannah, can you take that out? No, I think it was just that part was fine. It is a wild world we live in where this generation of parents had never had technology at their fingertips like they do now, and so just the amounts that they're on their phone is mind boggling to me. I mean we and listen, we are all on our phones. I know that, and I know that we are all like our business is our phones. I can't imagine us not being able to do that. But there's such a wild it's hard for me to sit in rooms where people haven't been in like you know, grandparents haven't been with these kids in like months or even years in some of these cases in our house, and that the phone is still such.
Speaker 1: A priority as just a really like wild observation. Interesting. I actually have a different my my My mom is.
Speaker 2: Rarely on her phone. Okay, so yeah, yeah, is rarely on hers. Preston's mom she used to be more so, but I think now because she just, I don't know, she's just not. I think the fascination maybe has left for her. My mom glued, Preston's dad glued. I mean, people are just it's just a really interesting.
Speaker 4: What are they doing on their phone?
Speaker 1: Book?
Speaker 3: Is where some people my mom will play. My mom will look over and she's like playing a card game. But that's if it's like, legit, we're bored. We've got nothing to do right now. Yeah, so she's playing a game.
Speaker 1: I'm hyper sensitive to it though, too, Like where it's I'm not going to say who it is, but it's someone that comes into town that rarely sees the kid is on their phone, and I'm like, hang out with the kids, please, I don't know it bothers me. And then I don't want the kids seeing that either, because they see us on our phones, which I'm trying to be so much better about because i feel like I'm good about it, but I'm trying to even be even better about it because I I don't want them just to feel like they get second place to a phone, because that's how I felt with my dad and the computer when I was a kid. I'd be like, hey, Dad, interesting and it was like hours later he'd be like, did someone call me? I'm like, never mind, get out to your computer. Never mind. I've had a birthday since then. Yeah, that's the interesting part of it.
Speaker 3: What I was going to say is we've really replaced the going into an office with a computer locking ourselves in, you know, like you didn't bother mom or dad when they were on their computer and they were working.
Speaker 4: It was separate and they were doing this.
Speaker 3: So to me, my kind of opposite of that is it's like, I'm fortunate enough that I can work at any moment off my phone. I don't have to stop and not be with them to go lock myself into an office. True, but they might not understand that. They may not see that, but I do think it's a trade off.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like I work from home and I work from a phone all the time. But my trade off is I don't have to go into an office and be gone ten hours a day from my kids, or I don't have to lock myself in. Nick kind of still locks himself in an office with a computer versus working on a phone.
Speaker 4: But to me, that gets frustrating.
Speaker 3: I'm like, just come out here and be with us, and if you need to check something on your phone, check it on your phone.
Speaker 1: Right. Alan's in his office all day on his computer because he has to do all his analysis, right so the kids. I mean, so he pretty much locks himself. But what he'll do is he'll come in to the main area if it's still and the kids are home, and I'm like, babe, go to your office because it's like he's like, well, no, I want to be around you, guys. I go, but you're not though too, you know what I mean? Like I get you wanting to be He's like, but I want to still be. Yeah. So now it's now was kind of in the beginning, but now knowing that he just likes to still be around us. Because at first I'm like, well, it's not helpful because the kids want you, and then now I have to feel like I have to hould it off of you. But now it's they're used to it now, Like he'll work in the common area when they're home sometimes, right, he still wants.
Speaker 3: To be it's hard to He'll bring his computer into there and kind of do that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, President trade off.
Speaker 2: He's constantly on his phone because that is his office, you know. And we've had to say to the kids like, there's mommy and daddies that leave at you know, six am and they don't come home till five, and like, we have this ability to do this, but that still means I have to get it's just a hard thing for them to understand.
Speaker 3: Well, like none of our kids probably understand that. Does anyone know because no one goes into an office for work, none, none of us.
Speaker 4: So our children don't understand that. I mean my older.
Speaker 1: Ones, Yeah, that's true, to go into an office. They've been to this office before.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But and my older kids do because I used to go into an office when they so they understand that, because I used to be gone till six, seven o'clock every night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but you know, for the other ones, like they don't even understand that, you know, Yeah, it's just weird.
Speaker 1: It is such a strange.
Speaker 3: But for people coming into town who have not seen and our people and are retired and not trying to work, yeah, they can put that on the phone.
Speaker 1: Listen, I be there, promise. I'm just being observant.
Speaker 2: I feel like I stayed very even this entire the entire visit.
Speaker 1: I was very even.
Speaker 2: Jana tipped me off to taking saffron, So I've been like, I ran it by you know, doctor Non doctor Nate, and he was like, I think that would be a great addition. So I've been I don't know if that is what I'm having or if it's I took way more time out this Christmas season. We took a lot of like the traditions off of our plates, meaning just like the excursions mostly And so I feel like I stayed really grounded, just observant. But it was interesting to watch because I can't imagine a world where I haven't seen like Love's kids in two years and I'm doing anything on my phone. In fact, I'm like so out of office, you know. Yeah, especially when it's not a necessity.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes habits just come to play, you know. And if they're just sitting at home on their phones, it's probably a lot of a habit too, Oh, definitely, And we're all guilty about it.
Speaker 1: Like speaking of hell and it being the new year, what's the habit you're wanting to put on the vision board? Like, what's something on the vision board this year that you like, leave a habit? Well, we're leaving and we're gaining a habit kind like And I think, you know, I will say this, I did a vision board. I think you guys were there, Yeah, Hams too. Did you not come to PAMs last year vision board? Where did a vision board last year? And you know, wanting to do it again? And it's I had it in my closet and I looked at it, so many times, and it really actually did help me. It does help.
Speaker 2: I have mine framed in my little writing room, like I put it in a real frame this year. I was like, this is not just a vision, this is like an actual like it's solidifying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: But I think what I when I've looked back on my years past of because I've been doing my goals, I think it was twenty seventeen. I've got this little black book, I think it's twenty seventeen or twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen off to look but where it's you know, my goals for the new year relationally personally and then professionally. But some of my goals professionally are so to like, like so top tier that I'm like, okay, okay, Like we gotta be a little bit more realistic now, is that? Yeah? I think we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially if you're someone who's like gets upset if you don't hit.
Speaker 1: Them exactly because I haven't been able to hit a certain one though, we get depressed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So I've had to now kind of just go because last year was an insane year doing never in a million years, I think I'd filmed four movies ever in a year, right, so if I but I can't put that same So now I can't put on my list in which I didn't. I didn't put film five movies in a year because I didn't even put I did film one, you know, because that is a success.
Speaker 4: And yes, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yes, So hearing that so important, especially for someone like you. I just I do because it's like, hey, the goal is to work. The goal is to get a movie to do something that you if you put something so specific that you're really setting yourself up to not hit maybe you know, because it's so specific.
Speaker 1: Put on book a series, regular rule, right, two thousand and whatever a year that was, And it's like every year I'm like, well failed again, you know. And that's where my brain goes to. And it's like, why don't you just go I film one project this year because that in itself is a success and could that be? That could be that? Right, it could be. Sure, I'm putting like I think we put too much of a title on what we are wanting to achieve. That then we look down on ourselves. That is my personality, like Kat, you know, like I will then and I have I've hated on myself when I rely. When I was redoing it for this new year, I'm like, okay, I set myself up for almost failing. Okay, so this is my question.
Speaker 2: Actually this is perfect segue because I've been struggling with this. I love my vision board. I hit zero of it, I think pretty much last year, but also like, I don't know, last year just felt a little noisy and a little cluttery, so a little snaky shedding it did, a lot of people are resonating with the snake shedding. I when is like, I have this friend who is the manifestation guru. This chick is unstoppable. It actually doesn't even make sense. And she also came from this very full, lovely, nurturing upbringing and probably had some funds available to her. And so I watch her just be able to knock things out of the park. And when I say she has no lid on her brain, she has no lid. I mean billboards in Times Square, launching this, launching that, writing this, writing that like it's crazy, and I so badly. I mean, I look back at like my life nineteen eighty two, huge things have happened for me that could never. I would have never thought possible based on circumstance, right, But still I limit when I look at the vision board I have right now, it is the vision board. It's for some reason in my brain, those things are like five years away always. So if every year they're five years away, I'm just never quite getting there.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to take one step to get there, and I'm doing that one steppy you know what I mean, Like, and then then if you're doing one step, and then what's the second step? So I keep stepping. I just wonder if.
Speaker 2: What to your point, I'm on the stepping guys, I feel so proud of my stuff. I just to your point, I'm wondering, like, where does vision board and reality hit for me? Because I'm noticing, for the first time ever in the last two years, when I'm creating it, there's a layer of real reality that I'm putting over it that I didn't before, you know, like it used to just be like dream Big Superstar, you know.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I think it's you have to go a little bit more specific, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure, but I mean, like I'm just I'm not telling you what was on my vision board, but say there was like be a Victoria's Super Secret Supermodel was on my vision board? Say that was on my vision board like three years ago, And is that actually one?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: I never had the Torso. God, I love watching it. I was like, Oh, I was like, oh, you guys, what a time that would be. I don't have the Torso for that, but they're stunning. I just feel like now I'm going, Ah, maybe it's because I know all the things it would take to become so say like Saturday Live, right, that could be something that's on a vision board for me.
Speaker 1: Great, Okay, so you know what you do? You go to William Scott, It's the fourth Wall is amazing acting coach. They do comedy. There's a lot of people doing sketch comedy there. You take us Tuesday night class and is that here? Yes, in Nashville, big stuff forward. Let's I'm saying you have to put things out and those people are doing some really cool sketch. You know, they do drama and stuff too, but they also have a sketch comedy night, you know, and you start meeting people, you start meeting that world. Then you're going to go do you know, go do zanies or whatever it is, and then it's you know, the next step. Interesting, it's not on my vision war but.
Speaker 4: Because I've got that, you have steps what you got for me?
Speaker 2: And I was just wondering, is it well as we get older, is the reality in us knowing what we know?
Speaker 4: Start to Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you but you're limiting yourself too much. So there's so there's it's like me saying zero movie okay in a way or I feel like or.
Speaker 3: It's not like that because for you, you're already like in that I feel like, okay, yeah, and I have a.
Speaker 4: Lot to say about this.
Speaker 3: But for you, it's like saying something that you've never done, a cookbook, something just so random, not so random.
Speaker 4: But you're not like in that world, right per se?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, so that's a lot more overwhelming and figuring out how to write.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't say put you know, sure for the for next year. I wouldn't for for your board for for this year. I wouldn't put you know a star on you know, be the lead in the sketch comedy. I would say, sign up for a sketch comedy class, okay, because that is more of that's that's I think the the goal because that's that might take a couple of months for you to actually do that and then to start the class. So that could be like, don't go just to like the top top, right, Yeah, like my vision board has always been here, and then the bigger dream can be that, right. So it's like the bigger dream in years to come is that, But what can you do this year to actively get me to there? To there? Cat?
Speaker 4: That's just so funny.
Speaker 3: It's just so funny because I don't have those huge I know, and that's I don't and I am fine.
Speaker 1: With that, and I love that I am.
Speaker 4: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I think for me, I've hit, I've done things that I really wanted to do, and now for me, I have the perfect situation where I get to do it and be home and.
Speaker 1: You're rooted in your face.
Speaker 3: I'm just so rooted in that, and I'm just like, yeah, maybe when they all leave, maybe I'll like expand it or something.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have those huge goals like that anymore. And I did, trust me. I mean, I was interning when I was in high school. And maybe that has a lot to do with it, is that I had those very specific goals from the get go early on.
Speaker 1: You've managed huge acts. Yeah, and it's great, including myself in that yeah, massive, Naomi Jihad and all these people. It's like you've you've lived a very cool life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was all amazing and it was great.
Speaker 3: And at times I will say, I'm like, you know, if I don't know someone huge were to come to me, would I go do it?
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I truly don't know that I would because it comes for such there's such a sacrifice for that, and so I don't even really think that way as much, which is maybe good or bad. I'm just not that way, you know. And my my goals work wise are always for the person that I'm working with, because at the end of the day, I succeed if that person succeeds. So it's never like because I don't want to do something different. I don't necessarily want to make my company huge. I don't, you know, I just don't. That's just not stuff. And so it's it is so fun though to listen to y'all and like y'all's huge goals.
Speaker 4: I'm over here, like, yeah, I got no goals.
Speaker 2: This is cool.
Speaker 1: No you know, because your goals are so rooted in family, which I mean ours are we but it's in different one percent. And I think that's okay because we're different personalities. Absolutely, I don't think that you'd ever put you want to be an actress on your list, right, you know, zero desire. But if I mean, there's a Tuesday night workshop you can.
Speaker 4: Take, Sayiny's is like my worst Nightmary, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Could see you doing something else, of maybe doing something faith rooted, or you know what I mean. Like, I think there's different avenues for each individual and each personality.
Speaker 3: And I do think for my personality too. These things may come later on. I'm just so focused on I'm going to have someone that's graduating in a year, you know, and then I've got another one going into high school.
Speaker 4: You know those things.
Speaker 3: I'm just so focused on that that I'm not even really focused on those other things. But I love to hear y'all talk about it.
Speaker 2: Well and always a new year and a new birthday are so close for me. Yeah, they're like just two days apart, so it's just a whole overhaul in my brain. Well and again it goes to that whole birthday syndrome that I guess is a real thing apparently. Yeah, of okay, I'm another year older, like forty four to be feels yeah, yeah, fine, but I don't feel my age, So maybe at some point there is some sort of denial happening too, and there is the sense of like, well, shoot, like I haven't. That's a weird thing at forty four, I haven't all the things you're so certain you would do in life and you haven't done, like I do think deeply like God plants things in us that we know are ours because you're supposed to fulfill them. Not a pressure but just more of like a calling, right, So like if I haven't, when is that happening? You know? But then I also remember I have a two and a half year old and blah blah blah blah, and a husband that's gone all the time, and you know, so that does make it. Yeah, I I just it's been interesting the vision board process because it used to just be and listen to all the things I've done. We're on a vision board at one point, right, like host a radio show and do a sheet TV show, Like all those things were on there and I did them.
Speaker 1: So I also have to go wow for the.
Speaker 2: Girl that didn't come you know, they didn't come from parents that were in that world and didn't come from a trust fund. You know, like we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I have to run do. I do feel like this is going to be a really great year though.
Speaker 1: I actually it's the year of the horse power.
Speaker 4: Whenever that means.
Speaker 3: I had a TikTok show up about the snake shedding and all the things.
Speaker 4: I was like, my phone is listening, listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know this is going to be a great year.
Speaker 4: For it be a great one, I feel.
Speaker 1: I feel it. Do we have anything we want to whine about? Or are we just going to stay super grateful in this new year.
Speaker 3: I'm doing to be grateful. I feel pretty grateful. I feel like it's yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Come back next week because you know, I have an indirect wine, right.
Speaker 1: I miss being on the road with you girls.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know, we're working on it.
Speaker 1: We're working on it. I know.
Speaker 2: I want to dust to tease it stay tuned because I think they really.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that's a goal. That's a goal for this year.
Speaker 2: What my heart feels when I'm out with y'all is like nothing else.
Speaker 1: All we can say is stay tuned, stay tuned. The wheels are working, they are, and the kit Kat's always working. Headlines, guys, I don't want to start it off sad, but what is going on? There's a headline here saying why are so many influencers dying? Experts explains why social media star desks seem like a trend? That kind of is heavy. Why would someone say seems like a trend.
Speaker 2: It does feel that way though, and I don't know if it's just what is supposed to be fed to me, but it does seem strange.
Speaker 1: I will say this so I'm one of the like a YouTuber star mikaylash took her life at twenty nine. The list, unfortunately, was on. So what's happening? One possible answer is the evolution of the term influencer. It used to be synonymous with people like Emma Chamberlaine and Addison Ray who had millions of followers. But when the category is that broad, tragic events get grouped together in a way that makes it seem like a trend. Influencers live so much or relies online with their struggles and destined out in a way that doesn't happen with private individuals, So I get that piece of it. But on the flip side of it is I could see how the influencers because I mean, like when I used to read comments how mentally that made me go really depressed. So I can only imagine if you're already someone that is depressed, then that tripling and piling onto you would make it that much harder.
Speaker 3: Yes, I also think, and I've been saying this for a while dealing with teenage girls and TikTok, I've been preaching it. I've been trying to talk about this. I think there is such a trend now that everyone's talking about mental health, which is good, but I think sometimes we're taking it a little too far. And there are a lot of young people talking about their mental health struggles and them hurting themselves and them wanting to commit suicide on social media, which I'm.
Speaker 4: Glad that they have that outlet.
Speaker 3: But now what's happening is you have all these young girls watching this going, oh, well, so and so's struggling with mental health, and so and so and so and so and so and so is this a thing? Not is this cool? But kind of is this cool? To have mental health problems? Is this Do I need to be doing this too? It's filling their head and their algorithm. They're just watching it and watching you watch one. Guess what Now you got ten popping up talking about it. And it's kind of scary the way that it's going, because yes, I think it's important to talk about mental health obviously, but at what cost. I think where it's kind of pivoting over to a little bit of a scary gray area at times.
Speaker 1: And they also say too, humans aren't built to absorb daily criticism from strangers at scale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, absolutely and not getting it so much.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to be more on our wine Down comments, the podcast comments because I just.
Speaker 1: Deeply love the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are really funny, great people, and I don't think I can yeah, because it's just it's so funny.
Speaker 1: I know whose I am.
Speaker 2: I am sturdy, I am loved, I am too old to care. And yet one comment and I'm like, I want to write back. I don't, but I it does affect me. It's so hard for me, and I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 1: I got into it the other day and I'm so mad at myself that I even did, but they went after Jolly. They said something about Jolie about her appearance, and I was just like, as a mother, how dare you write something so rude and awful? And I almost I mean, I still have the screenshot I was on a screenshot put up to my thing, but I'm like, you know what, No, I'm not going to feed yeah whatever she's mentally going through, Like for her to be that rude, and I'm like, this is so sad that you. I was like, you need Jesus and she's like, don't worry. Me and my kids have Jesus. I'm like, then we're following the wrong Jesus, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like mom is criticizing other children.
Speaker 1: It was I was sorry, so angry, but I'm like, when they talk about me now, I'm truly like again, I'll straight up say it. This is embarrassing to admit. But here she goes, No, I had to put a freaking passcode on my phone like a child, so that I didn't look at which, by the way, it doesn't actually work, because I was I was looking for a recipe and it sent me to said place and it was like, oh, you can do your time out thing. So I was like, eh, I press it, and I was like, you.
Speaker 4: Know what does not give you a minute though.
Speaker 1: But that would give me enough time to doom scroll my.
Speaker 4: My kids have figured out that one minute too.
Speaker 1: So but it can also do a day too. But again you put on it was like no, but I was like, because I just need to not look at that. I'm like, this is so silly, like I'm a child. But then I when I had it, I go, you know what, I go for what like they know nothing? Like they actually don't know anything, and this is just and then mentally what it does because I'm just like feeding into the non truth of these people's opinions and and and there's so many good ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many sweet I actually screenshot all the sweet ones that DM me. I screenshot and have a little folder because it's like it takes that like one negative voice gets all the volume and I'm like, no, no, no, no no. But I can see if you're not sturdy in absolutely how that can just I can't imagine, especially if you're that age.
Speaker 3: If you're an insecure about something for instance, you know it's like you're about your nose. And then all of a sudden, someone's talking about your nose, you know. I mean that got back. You got to me years ago when I was insecured about my eyebrows, and then everybody run Reddit was talking about my eyebrows, you know, like whatever.
Speaker 4: I love your eyes, but oh thanks, I got to fixincent. But they're still little.
Speaker 3: But anyway, you know, and it's like little things like that, Like I was fine, obviously I thought about it for a little while. But when you were a young person and like you're already struggling, and then someone says stuff like that, like it's so hard for anyone to deal with that. But the other part is just being defensive, you know, and just wanting to defend yourself and wanting to you know, that's a naturalize. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm like, I I.
Speaker 4: Mean that gets me the most.
Speaker 3: I mean, and again, we didn't mean to talk about this, but like I had gone on and defended her on Reddit at one point.
Speaker 4: I went on there and I was like, this is just not true.
Speaker 3: And I fought with these people and I it's like it's time.
Speaker 4: It was a waste of time.
Speaker 3: But I was so defensive of her, and I was like, what are y'all even talking about like why are we lying here? Why are we or why are you convinced that this is the truth and such a waste of time anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where the insanity piece of it, you know what I've I Yeah, I'm just I'm done, and like for my mental health of all of it, I'm just like, again four walls, what's the truth? What is all those things? But again, being that age, I'm like, I can't cannot As a forty year old, it would rock me, of course. You know.
Speaker 3: So I know when kids, the kids, any of them, are like, oh, I want to do this, I want to be an influencer. I'm like, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not an option. You can be anything in life. You're not gonna be in a bulls or that happening.
Speaker 1: Oh would parents rather work remote for one hundred and twenty k or in office for two forty? The internet is divided, so so are the couches. I would just say, we just talked about this, basically, I don't know. I wouldn't pass up one hundred and twenty k in a year just to stay home.
Speaker 4: I would think about it. You would, Oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you working from home being with my kids more husband. Worth one hundred and twenty is a lot. It's a lot, but I would absolutely take less to be home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, Undy, I.
Speaker 3: Have to think about Yeah, but I don't know if I could go back into an office doing it for so long.
Speaker 1: I've never been in an office, so I really can't speak.
Speaker 3: It's fun, it's fun to because you've got your friends, You've got people you can go eat lunch with, you.
Speaker 2: Drink hot coffee, you go potty when you want to. Yeah, but well, it's been a debate in our house recently.
Speaker 3: Looking from home doesn't necessarily mean having your kids there at the same time, though, I know, but for me it would.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to well and my well, the lifestyle we've chosen, they would be right.
Speaker 4: So I am and I cannot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean listen, just Nashville traffic in general would be a huge deterrent for me. But yeah, if I now worth that traffic, No, nothing's worth that traffic.
Speaker 1: I really want to build healthier habits in the new year, especially around food, but I feel stuck in a cycle. I'll eat well for about a week and then I cave and I fall back into old habits. I've tried so many times that it's starting to feel discouraging. How do you actually build habits that stick? And what do you do when motivation fades or you slip up?
Speaker 4: That's hard?
Speaker 1: This is this used to be me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I am not gonna I'm not giving you the crutch here, but I do think, like in depth, blood work really matters because there might be a reason that you are falling into a pattern and it's happening the same way it's happening, so it could just be hormone related, like you're wanting or craving things that you wouldn't normally want or need. I sometimes now do this with working out, not that I don't want to, but I watch myself slip because if it doesn't happen in the morning, doesn't happen at all. But I do feel this deeply because I used to be this exact same way, and when I would fall off, I'd fall off hard, like I'd say, oh, I've already messed up the day, and then I would just go crazy. So it's like a muscle I had to flex, and every time I would just have to try to slowly get myself back on track.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think this is something that actually helped my mom where she was facetiming her and she's like, well, now I see why you never wanted me to give the kids cheese. It's they're terrible for them. And I'm like, yeah, Mom, Like you know, she got this app on her phone and once it started telling her the bad ingredients in there, she didn't realize it. And I think once you realize what is in something, it then helps your brain go okay, I probably shouldn't that now. Again, I'm big on moderation. I think, like, I'm not gonna eat cheese. It's but if I'm gonna have a chocolate chip cookie, We're gonna have chocolate or a brownie whatever, But I'm not gonna have it every night, because you do once you start to feel better. So I would say, notice how you feel when you start to eat healthy things versus when you start to eat unhealthy things. You'll start to want that unhealthy thing less because of how it makes you feel the next day, and it becomes so much more drastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say, coming from the one who grew up with the bad habits, if you grew up eating badly, it is absolutely a habit that is hard for people to understand why you can't break it.
Speaker 1: I grew up on McDonald's every night.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, most people, it is a very hard habit to break, though, it is.
Speaker 4: It truly is.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to just help this person understand or yeah, yeah, sure a little bit, and that it's not just that easy, because when I eat healthier, I do feel better, but I don't feel a drastic better, you know. I And again, I've grown up eating really badly and I've had really bad eating habits. But when I eat healthier, I don't necessarily this magic. Oh my god, I feel so much better.
Speaker 1: So I feel it in my gut, and a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Do, and that's where I'd always kind of hoped, you know. But I've always had a really strong stomach. Things don't really upset me, don't nothing really, you know. And so I think everyone's a little bit different in that instance. I mean, I have a ton of friends growing up who ate really bad, but something would make their stomach hurt. So it's like it was easy to cut out that cheese because it hurt, you know. So I do think it's different for everybody. I do think that I've gotten healthier eating habits, for sure, but I still fall into that easily.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm used to eating chips at night and you know whatever. So I feel for you because I do think it's not that easy. It has never been that easy for me. But I do think little by little, if you change it as a habit and you see it as an actual habit, now the habit is grabbing this instead of this, not having it in your house, not buying it to have it as an option, you know, stuff like that. Little things like that will help ease make.
Speaker 4: It a little easier.
Speaker 1: I do think not having it available is critical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's part of our problem.
Speaker 2: Like when we just don't have the junk food junk, you know. And I was on this popcorn kick for a really long time at night.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I know this is not the junkiest junk food I could pick, but it is not typical of me. A smart popcorn, the white cheddar, but it loved light one and I that in an ollipop root beer was like the crutch every single night. Man. I think also because I was, you know, like the mommying and you don't get to just sit and eat any one thing that's yours, you know, So I would just look forward to it. It was like that Megan Markle and I would just cozy in and then I was like, gosh, my gut feels inflame. Do I feel bloated or you know, it's like silly, but it doesn't feel great. So then corn will do that, I know, anything, but it's yeah, just a babystuff do it for a week.
Speaker 1: Try not to have things in the house. That's a huge step because listen, they'll see salt and vinegar chips that come in the house.
Speaker 4: Bye, they will be gone so good.
Speaker 1: So I try not to bring them in as much, but sometimes I do, And I think it's just about you know, you got a week and then you have a bad day.
Speaker 4: It's fine, and don't get down on yourself.
Speaker 1: If you have a bad day, it's because we're going to be positive this year. Yes, here we go, see y'all next week.
Speaker 4: Bye bye bye,