Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jackiatie and he Armstrong and Yeddy flesh out of story or flesh out of story? Flesh out of story flesh. Yes, that's one of those. I got several tis on the story, I guess true.
Speaker 2: I've got several of those in my lives that in my life I only have one. Eh, you know, I've got several those in my life. They're going way way back. I had gotten confused, and now I can't remember going forward. It's like spelling their t h E I R or I E R. I've done it. I got confused sometime like forty years ago, and I've never been able to get nailed down on the right track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a couple of those two. They don't leap to mind. But I know what you're talking about. It no matter how hard you try, it's still fifty to fifty in your head.
Speaker 2: I need to flesh out the story of the world's oldest albatross becoming a mom again.
Speaker 1: At age whatever.
Speaker 2: You are going to guess on how old the world's oldest albatross is you're low seventy four seventy four year old albatross.
Speaker 3: I admit to embarrassing ignorance about albatross life spans, but.
Speaker 1: Still you wouldn't have guessed in the seventies. No, probably not.
Speaker 3: When do lady albatrosses generally burs little albatrosses.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Not only I would have never guessed in albatross lives to be in its seventies. I would have thought it's birthing days were behind it.
Speaker 1: It's dating and.
Speaker 2: Birthing days, dating and knocking, knocking web defeat with other male albatrosses behind them her.
Speaker 1: Yes, Katie, the life span of an albatross is fifty years.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is an extra old, one, very old albatross. In the fact that the old gal is still cranking out chicks, I mean, what's going on there? You're going to be there for your your chicks high school graduation, sweetheart, it's very selfish. Did they use the turkey baster, I'm sorry, the albatross based or did she find some young albatross jigglow to you know, run the albatross with two backs?
Speaker 2: You're gonna go all JD. Vans and say that you shouldn't be allowed to have babies like this? Is that what you're gonna do?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute? What wisdom? Is the name of the bird?
Speaker 2: A seventy four year old Laisin albatross just later first egg in four years in Hawaii. According to US Wildlife, it's the oldest known wild bird egg laying in history.
Speaker 3: So not only did the old gal you know live this long, which is amazing, she's still knocking out chicks.
Speaker 1: Still having sex. Oh yeah, which is fine? Yeah cool, Hey, I hope to.
Speaker 3: Hey, good for her and her her partner, the albatross's mate for life?
Speaker 1: Or are they like more slutty than that? And one more headline before we get the clips of the week. This is from ABC News One.
Speaker 2: More than one million pair of oven mits are being recalled due to the potential for burns, as in apparently.
Speaker 1: End of the one thing you know, you had one job? As apparently they don't work.
Speaker 2: Yes, as I stomped around my kitchen, I would be screaming at my oven mitt you had one job.
Speaker 1: As the smoke comes off my palms.
Speaker 2: Geez, I'm not a suing kind of guy, you sell me an oven mitt that burns right through to my hand. I'm suing you.
Speaker 1: Right, and walk up to you in public.
Speaker 3: We're in the mits, and just think of a thicket, a thicket, a thicket of work out on your head. Huh. Got a lot of good stuff to squeeze into the final hour of the week. But first, friends, let us pause and reflect each in our own way. Take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the week on.
Speaker 5: In the final weeks of my presence, and you don't have to collap through that.
Speaker 1: Wow, I got nothing, employee on that. Which of the week? Have you ruled out a pardon for your son? Yes?
Speaker 2: No reasonable person who looks at the facts of Hunter's cases can reach any other conclusion than Hunter was singled out because he believes in the justice of sin.
Speaker 1: Why don't you go ahead and pardon with Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: They are the goats of this favorite form of corruption.
Speaker 6: That if the hostages are not released prior to January twenty is twenty twenty five, there will be all hell to pay in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Trump joked to him.
Speaker 3: Then maybe Canada should become the fifty first state and Trudeau could become his governor.
Speaker 1: Government is too.
Speaker 7: Big, there's too many things, and it does almost nothing well and the taxpayers deserve better.
Speaker 1: You do have too much regulation in this country. This country is so set up to grow.
Speaker 6: But when it came to trimming the fat out of Twitter, what he basically did is just open the door for Nazis and Hamas.
Speaker 1: Pete Hegseeth is digging his heels in. I'm not gonna have a drink at all.
Speaker 5: We really believe that he is not that man he was seven years ago, Cash Patel.
Speaker 7: He is the most unfairly maligned person that I work with.
Speaker 1: Trump's enemies quote should be very afraid. Yes, we're going to come after the people in the media.
Speaker 6: The court has to treat it like all other forms of sex discrimination.
Speaker 5: The countries that have been at the forefront of this are pumping the brakes.
Speaker 7: Every medical treatment has a risk, even taking aspirin.
Speaker 8: These are young people who may have known since they were two years old exactly who they are.
Speaker 2: The possible message, which appears to include the words deny, depose, and defend.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you nobody enjoys flying in your airlines. It's a disaster.
Speaker 7: Now go poop in a bucket, you beasts.
Speaker 2: That reminds me of a fortune I got at Panda Express the other night.
Speaker 9: Say IPEd in your rights. It was handwritten. That's more a confession than a fortune. Yeah, boy, madness everywhere.
Speaker 2: The jocularity of earlier in the week.
Speaker 3: Huh so a private on air meeting here, everybody go about your business. So I was just reading Nelly Bowls of the Free Press. She's the wife of Barry Weiss, a woman married to a woman. Good lord, anyway. Nelly's a terrific writer, and her column her.
Speaker 10: Woman married to a woman. Good lord, good luck anyway.
Speaker 3: Anyway, She's she writes this, thank god it's Friday column every week and it's terrific. But uh, she is going on and on and on about how the left from MSNBC to all the big columnists and your made Meguz brazizn Ski and everybody's going on and on and on about how Joe Biden saying he would not pardon Hunter as proof of what an Olympian champion of decency and justice he.
Speaker 1: Is and our whole party is.
Speaker 3: He's George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Jesus and Arnold Palmer rolled.
Speaker 1: Into the one.
Speaker 3: He's the greatest you baby who has ever lived, and she's just enjoying the crap out of how their their pompous bull crap has gotten called out by their hero himself.
Speaker 1: And that reminded me.
Speaker 3: Of the nine minute super cut sizzle reel of that sort of stuff that we played an excerpt of and heard Sarah Isger of the Dispatch, is that who she generally is with, but talking about how much she enjoyed that. And there's part of me, just because it's Friday and I'm lazy, that wants to play the whole thing because it's art.
Speaker 1: It is freaking good. It is freaking good.
Speaker 3: Maybe we could just play another chunk of it that we haven't played yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing and it makes a heck of a point over what I think will be the defining legacy of Joe Biden's presidency. Yeah, and there were plenty that could have been, but this is going to be the one that's going to be remembered, I think. I mean, and unless he issues these blanket pardons over the next couple of weeks, then that will be more blanket party. And if you missed the screed from what was it hour two we talked about this, I think it was yeah, hour two via podcast Armstrong and getting on demand. You probably ought to subscribe.
Speaker 3: But the thing I pointed out that I think is brutally shockingly under discussed in all of this, the hunter Biden pardon, the gun crime all right, the tax crimes, the hypocrisy, the fact that Joe Biden lied over and over knowing he was going to pardon him, the fact that the Left made such a big deal over it.
Speaker 1: It's really tempting and fun stuff.
Speaker 3: The idea that you would pardon someone, anyone for anything they might have done, known or unknown, over a period of eleven years, is a horror, an obscenity against the constitution, so unthinkable. There should be a half million people marching on the White House right now to declare any human being completely above the law, not tax law, not gun lawst all laws, every law for a long period of time. Wait a minute, what Why are people not shocked by this? If they just not thought it through? I guess because Trump, well, and as I pointed out earlier, any president could realize, Okay, this is a tool I have and order their cabinet, there underlings, their cronies whatever to commit all manner of unholy, unconstitutional acts.
Speaker 1: But he's got a written agreement with them.
Speaker 3: I will pardon you in advance for anything you might have done during the period that you work for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, so if you have to murder people, you have to form an alliance with China, loot the treasury, anything you do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nixon could have told the plumbers the break in crew your pardoned. So here's the plan, is what I want you to do, but you'll be pardoned, So don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and do that on a massive scale going forward, because once you realize you have that power, you will think about, Okay, what can I do with this power? And the answer is limitless and absolutely horrifying.
Speaker 1: All kinds of nobody talking about this.
Speaker 2: All kinds of people that answer to you, that have nothing to lose by following your illegal orders.
Speaker 1: Right, imagine it on a personal level.
Speaker 3: Chief of police of your town or whoever would conceivably have this power, goes to you and says, hey, get wild this weekend. Nothing you do will be prosecuted. Here.
Speaker 1: It is in writing, nothing you do, I don't care.
Speaker 3: If you are mother Teresa, your mind might go toward wow, nothing I do hmm, and imagine that sort of power to be lawless invested in the executive branch of the United States Government.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 2: So I was up late last night taking in the deep philosophy of Jim Carrey, the rubber faced comedian. So many movies we all loved. I want to talk a little bit about that. Spent a lot of time pondering it last night. I didn't know he was this kind of guy. Actually, among other things, We've got coming up to stay with.
Speaker 1: Us Armstrong and.
Speaker 11: They had the National Christmas Tree lighting at the White House.
Speaker 1: It was a fun night.
Speaker 11: When President Biden came out, all the kids were like, let the gost to Christmas past.
Speaker 1: Forget this.
Speaker 11: After strong winds knock last year's tree to the ground, this year's tree will be supported by eight steel cables. Yeah, these are the same cables the White House uses to walk Biden around the front lawn.
Speaker 1: And that's exact same Wow, the same ones. Wow.
Speaker 2: So why was I up last night late watching Jim Carrey pontificate about the meaning of life? I didn't even know actor Jim Carrey did that sort of thing. I've never been a Jim Carrey fan. I like dumb and dumber, and I pet detective and all that, but I like to stand up. But I just I hated the Truman Show.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know. I've never been into him.
Speaker 2: I thought he was a pompous ass until last night when I clicked on a Jim Carrey short and he was talking about actually was talking about forgiveness and Jesus and all kinds of different stuff. I didn't know he was such a believer, but he is. And the reason I got sucked into that probably was stuff I was looking for.
Speaker 1: I am uh.
Speaker 2: I got divorced three and a half years ago, and I am not happy with where my life is. I don't like the fact that I am a single dad and my kids are living up in a living growing up in a split household.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I hate it so much, and I haven't been able to accept it and let it go at it all since the day I found out about it, which is which is not healthy, because.
Speaker 1: You got no choice with certain things that come your way in life. You got no choice. You You you got to accept him and move on.
Speaker 2: And I've done that with everything in my life, everything every in my life, all kinds of bad things that happened in my life except for this one. And I haven't been able to nudge an inch on this one for some reason.
Speaker 1: And it drives me nuts.
Speaker 3: Probably because you're reminded of the effects of it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part of it. Yeah, is the effects of it are all day, every day.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so I got into this this somehow I was fed through the algorithm this stuff about Jim Carrey, and it was bigger than even that. It was just the idea of you know, now is all we've got, and accepting life for what it is and not having expectations.
Speaker 1: And really his main thing is just getting rid.
Speaker 2: Of your idea of who you are, because it's all made up in your head anyway, and just living your life, you know, moment by moment best you can by your morals and visions of what you want, but just letting go of your whole.
Speaker 1: Vision of yourself.
Speaker 2: His belief is everybody's torment, depression and all kinds of different stuff comes from a vision they have of who they are, who they wanted to be, and it's not meeting up with reality and if you just let go of all of that because you created it in your own mind. It wasn't like, you know, God said, this is who you have to pretend to be the rest of your life, if you just let go of all of that. He said he had the kind of like gift of becoming rich and successful and all these different things and realizing it didn't make him happy before he was able to let go of all that stuff. Not everybody has that opportunity. But just to really realize that didn't do anything. That didn't help me at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Boy, there are a million directions to go with this discussion. It's very deep and very interesting.
Speaker 2: And I had like a brief five minute period of like really understanding it while I was laying in bed last night and thinking, I think I can do this.
Speaker 1: This is the answer.
Speaker 2: Let going, letting go of the vision of what I I thought life was going to.
Speaker 1: Be because it's not going to be that.
Speaker 2: It's stupid to stay nailed to that and try to force a square pagan too a round hole.
Speaker 1: It'll never work. But then I lost it when I got up this morning. Well that's disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I'll maybe I'll get it back later today, or maybe you have to work at it over time. I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is silly and trivial compared to that question. But I ran into somebody the other day who somebody said, it is what it is, and they expressed that I hate that.
Speaker 1: They said, I hate that expression.
Speaker 3: And then and I realize any expression, if it's overused, becomes very annoying.
Speaker 1: But it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Is the expression of an ancient, ancient piece of wisdom. It'shist it is saying yeah, it's straight out of Buddhism, it's straight of Christianity. It is saying amen, it is saying, so be it. I have accepted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I always like this phrase of if something doesn't have a solution, it's not a problem. Dealing with everything like it's a problem doesn't make any sense. Things without a solution are a fact, they're not a problem. And so now I just go on with your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it does help to kind of stop and contemplate this stuff and try to figure out which is which. Right, Like you had your moment of clarity, then it was time to go to work, and didn't I had it up here a second ago.
Speaker 1: That's the tough part.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty got a lot of interesting texts, as you might imagine, around that whole acceptance, you know, dealing with life, letting go of.
Speaker 2: Your self and just living in the moment, all that sort of stuff. Oh, all of them very interesting and I have read them, so appreciate you weighing on the text line at four one nine five k FDC.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Yeah, at the risk of going off on that tangent because it's such an interesting topic, well we won't, but drop us an email as well, mail bag at Armstrong and Geeddy dot com if you want, maybe, well we'll knock them around on Monday. So was just reading Nelly Bowls with the Free Press, who writes a fabulous column on Fridays, and she goes into gives many, many examples of media commentators, various folks who said that Joe Biden saying he would not pardon his son was such an incredible sign of virtue, and how he's so different from Republicans and blah blah blah blah blah, and how grandiose it all was. I won't go on because we're about to play a ton of examples, but there is a punchline. A punchline to be enjoyed after those examples are played that I've just become really aware of, So we'll share that with some a minute.
Speaker 2: So this is many minutes of this, And we kind of debated during the commercials how much we would play, but we all felt like, since we listened to the whole nine minutes, we're not gonna play the whole nine minutes. But it builds it like it makes up its length, makes a point on its own.
Speaker 1: It's like the guitar solo and free bird.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be the same thing if it were shorter, right, So dig this.
Speaker 8: I think Joe Biden has a chance here to stay up for the rule of law, to say the rule the law is the law, no matter who it is, no matter if it's Trump or Biden. And remember, part of trump ISM's dangerousness is that it tears down institutions, important institutions of our democracy. So there is an opportunity here for Biden to say, you know, the jury found him guilty. This is how it's supposed to work. Period paragraph, end of story.
Speaker 1: Have you ruled out a pardon for your son? Yes?
Speaker 4: As I said last week, I will accept the outcome of this case and will continue to respect the judicial process as Hunter considers an appeal. You know, the President said he won't touch it.
Speaker 1: He said he's not going.
Speaker 4: To pardon his son, and it seems that Mayor Garland let.
Speaker 1: It go through.
Speaker 4: How can the Justice Department be weaponized against Trump when all of.
Speaker 1: That is happening.
Speaker 6: But Democrats stand for the rule of law, remember law and order, you know, and we've been saying that Trump's not above the law. Hunter Biden's not above the law. No one is above the law. And it is amazing to see the stark contrast between how Democrats handled today and how Republicans handled this whole thing over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 12: Their latest attack has been that Joe Biden has politicized and weaponized the DOJ. Right, that was the whole argument around Donald Trump's conviction. And this week, of course, Hunter Biden is found guilty and Joe Biden has very clearly said he would not pardon his son, he would not commute his sentence. How stark is this difference? I mean, how can Republicans keep making this argument now that note, now that Joe Biden has really put it out there, where's Hunter? And he stood there in a courtroom flanked by his family, and he's accepted his sentence.
Speaker 7: He is not pardoning his son, which he could do. These are federal charges.
Speaker 2: He is not doing that.
Speaker 7: He is not doing it because he is living what it means to have a rule of law in this country, and that it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want.
Speaker 7: To know if he believes it, you could actually see what is happening with his own son.
Speaker 1: The president.
Speaker 3: Anderson has been really clear that he is going to accept.
Speaker 1: The outcome of the trial no matter what happens.
Speaker 8: So Joe Biden's gotten asked about, you know, talking about line order.
Speaker 1: He's gotten asked if he would pardon his son. He has said no.
Speaker 8: On the other side, you've got Donald Trump who has said that he will pardon the January sixth insurrectionist.
Speaker 1: They're not even his sons, They're.
Speaker 8: Just sons of bitches.
Speaker 7: Washington said, I am not running again because he understood the self restraint was absolutely essential to this country.
Speaker 1: So you don't have a king.
Speaker 2: He did not pardon his son.
Speaker 7: He did not order the Department of Justice to say, don't prosecute my son.
Speaker 1: So impressive could have.
Speaker 4: Ordered the Justice Department to halt the prosecution of Hunter Biden. According to this court, everyone understands he's a decent man.
Speaker 1: Hunter.
Speaker 3: You're a loser, Michael. You threw that in on your own, didn't you.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: So what's delightfully horrifying about all this is how eloquently they built the case that to do as Joe Biden was doing was a sign of his greatness and Democrats regard for law and order, and how anybody who would do otherwise is a horror and an America hater and should probably be put into an iron mask, throught to the Tower of London or something like one of those things, the Iron Maiden, and squashed one of.
Speaker 2: Those helmets with the rats run around and eat your eyes out, one of those deals.
Speaker 3: At least that'd be letting them off easy, anybody who would pardon their kid. Here's the punchline, as Nelly Bowles points out, and she gave a ton of great examples, just like you just heard from, you know, and it's worth naming some names from the Lincoln Project and John Harwood of CNN and the Bulwark and whatever.
Speaker 1: Just went on.
Speaker 3: So she writes, I wonder if these folks would feel a little pang of regret. Do you think they feel pain like mine when they look at their old takes. In fact, they do not, because as soon as the pardon went through, a new consensus arose. It's good, Biden partning Hunter was always good. It's familiar obligations, familial obligations. Here's the publisher of fellow upstart publication, The Bulwark, which positions itself as an independent, initially staked out that the publication thinks it's bad. Sarah Longwello runs the Bulwarks and tweeted, we think it's bad. Thanks for reading. But then a new message was received, update sent out over the Wi Fi through the fluoride and sprints via air freshener, and we got from the Bulwark in defense of the Hunter Biden pardon.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: No sooner was it decided that the pardon was good. And she capitalizes good, which is a nice touch. Then it was just as if it was from the Lord Almighty. Then it was decided that pointing out any inconsistency was naturally bad.
Speaker 1: We always said the pardon was good.
Speaker 3: We always said the pardon was happening, And to bring it all up negatively like this two pounce like you're a strong, mean cat and a tiny innocent bird, like you're a cop trying to imprison the tiny little boy named Hunter. And indeed she shows the headlines like Politico Republicans pounce on Biden pardoning his son Hunter.
Speaker 2: So the story is the Republican's pouncing, not the fact that the president pardoned his son after saying he would one hundred and fifty times.
Speaker 3: And more importantly, as I keep pointing out, gave an unprecedented, insane immunity from all laws for an eleven year period, which is dangerous, beyond dangerous.
Speaker 2: And argued that the Justice Department was corrupted by politics only in the case of Hunter, not in the case of going after Donald Trump. Of course, they were all those cases that happened to come in an election year, completely on the up and up. Politics played no role. But in Hunters, oh my god, it played. Politics played such a role that I'm going to pardon him for eleven years.
Speaker 3: Right, And if you want, you know the final evidences, if you needed it, of who these people are. When the Alvin Bragg case first burbled up, do you remember that, and they were going over the indictment and the charges and everything. Even on MSNBC they were saying, Uh, this is it, this is the case. This is really weird. But then by the time the trial rolled around, they realized, all right, we panned her for a living. We're not pandering very well. Let's pretend like this is a serious thing. And then when the jury quite appropriately given the law as described by the judge, and again this will not withstand a five minute scrutiny by the appeals court, when the jury found him guilty of these the very charges that they'd all said were really fishy before they all started bellowing about twenty nine or thirty one or whatever it was, felony convictions.
Speaker 1: These people are a joke. Wow, is this new?
Speaker 2: I hadn't said it myself, so we mentioned Joe Manchin, Democratic senator, said Biden should pardon Trump. The other day Fetterman of Pennsylvania says Trump should be pardoned. The New York cases garbage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw, I actually saw that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's two well known, household name Democratic senators saying you got to pardon Trump.
Speaker 1: That New York case is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: That's the one where for the first time ever in the history of the law, with nobody complaining. New York brought forward a Trump misled people on the value of his hotels. Yeah, I loaned the money. I didn't have a problem with it. He's making it fine with it and it worked out great for everybody. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, we're all happy.
Speaker 1: This is not over this story.
Speaker 3: No, no, And I would love love love for the purpose is not a partisanship because the idea of Republicans wielding this power to grant a you can violate any law you want while you're working for me, and I will blanket pardon you for anything you could conceive it.
Speaker 1: We have done.
Speaker 3: Don't even tell me what you're gonna do, because don't worry, I will pardon you for anything. I'm the idea that Republicans could we let powers horrifying to me, horrifying. But I would love, for reasons of love of constitution, not partisanship, that this be brought to the court.
Speaker 1: The concept of this sort of blanket immunity.
Speaker 2: A number of people have texted, I don't know whose idea this was originally The fantastic troll of Trump takes office Day one, he pardons Hillary of any crime she may have committed since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: That means such a troll of the whole thing, of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm thinking about it because I agree. I agree completely. He could even do it, like once a month. He could pardon Jill Biden for any offenses she may have committed during June of twenty twenty one. Yeah, I mean, just do it until it's so absurd.
Speaker 1: Right talking about it?
Speaker 2: No, kid, I've pardoned Joy read of any crime she may have committed. I haven't heard this, So here's Fetterman talking about it.
Speaker 13: It's undeniable that the case against Hunter Biden was really politically motivated. But I also think it's true that the trial in New York for Trump that was political as well too.
Speaker 1: Now is that?
Speaker 10: And in both.
Speaker 13: Cases I think a pardon is appropriate, And I really think collectively, you know, America's confidence in these kinds of institutions have been damaged by these kinds of cases.
Speaker 1: Boy, I don't know what to think of that.
Speaker 2: Does that move us further down the road of people rebelieving in the Justice Department? If we say, yeah, the Hunter one was political and the Trump is political, does that fix anything.
Speaker 1: I don't think it does. No, an increases cynicism.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, we're warring a bad spot by having gone down this road. Of course, Joe ruined it by claiming this was because it was a political which hunt, which it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Right now, I've.
Speaker 3: Heard people who I sympathize with make the case that the gun charge thing may have been pursued because Hunter is Hunter, but also because the Justice Department felt like this is an incredibly high profile person who committed this offense and then bragged about it in a book.
Speaker 2: Admits to it, right, bragged about it in a book. Yeah, I don't know. Well, that's the problem with tearing down institutions or losing credibility. It's really really hard to get back and it takes a long time.
Speaker 3: So here's an email excoriating me for pronouncing one of my favorite thinker's name Strassel instead of Strassel. Ry.
Speaker 1: Come on, Joe, get it right.
Speaker 2: I'll let you all argue about that.
Speaker 1: So it's not Strassel Strassel. Okay, how about if I donate to your favorite charity is a show of penance? What the freak? You should do this for a living folks? For a week and just see how crazy people are.
Speaker 2: Leave me alone, Cliff, leave me alone. We will finish strong next time. I did not watch the Patriot Awards on Fox last night.
Speaker 1: It looks like it was quite the big.
Speaker 2: Production, but in a not shock, Patriot of the Year went to Donald Trump. Anyone else got the award and gave a speech and there you go, hosted by Sean Hannity. There you go, big flag is the ward?
Speaker 1: All right, that's that's okay. Sorry boy.
Speaker 3: So one of the cabinet nominees that has gotten practically no discussion I think might be one of the most important ones, and that's Jay Badacharia, whose name I have just learned to prouse correctly speaking of pronunciation of people's names. But he was We actually talked to him at one point.
Speaker 1: He was the.
Speaker 3: Stanford University scientist who with another scientist from Harvard and I can't remember the third place, signed the Great Barrington Declaration, among well, among other things, just pointing out the stupidity and uselessness and damage done by COVID policies.
Speaker 1: And for that he was banned.
Speaker 3: From Twitter, excoriated as a crank and reckless and he would kill people. He was right about everything, and I'll go through the list next week for you. He was right about everything, and if people listened to the guy, the terrible damage done to millions of children in the United States would not have been nearly as severe. Anyway, he has been elected or nominated rather by Donald Trump to lead the National Institutes of Health, and what he wants to do is take on the dei politically correct anti science culture at elite universities, wielding the power of tens of billions of dollars in scientific grants. It's going to be all about science and excellence. And anybody who violates federal law which discriminates racial which I'm sorry makes it legal to discriminate based on race, he will be aware of it and will take care of it, so he could be the physician, as it were. That's going to really be the first end of the university system and try to heal their craziness.
Speaker 1: Anyway, more on that next week. I'm strong, I'm strong, Get ready with Katie.
Speaker 6: Green and.
Speaker 4: Strong.
Speaker 2: Here's your host. The final finish. It is just perfect, it's really great. Here's your host, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Michael Angelow in the control room pressing the buttons. Michael, what's your final thought?
Speaker 9: True story, I added, typing teacher who on the first day of school looked at the class and said, just when you think life can't get any worse, I found out in my experience that it can.
Speaker 1: I dropped the class and went to homack at that point. First day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, optimism, Oh my god, Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 3: As a final thought, Katie, I'm proud to announce I am back down to the weight that I was before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Oh good for you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Very Muda girl.
Speaker 1: I'm close. I'm about halfway there. Wait to go, Jack.
Speaker 2: A final thought for us man, it's a busy time of the year. My son has got like a band performance Friday night as tonight, and then there's a play he has to go to for extra credit. I'm going to with and then another parade he's got to march in, and then you know, the shopping and the meals and the friends and this. It gets so busy this time here. Why do we do this to ourselves?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Practically frenzied. That's a charming and relatable final note.
Speaker 1: Mine is not. I don't think it finally.
Speaker 3: Occurred to me how to illustrate where we are in the whole DEI postmodern, neo Marxist, politically correct, woke thing. Most Americans have realized we've been invaded. A lot of people are still confused as to who the invaders are and what they're trying to accomplish, but they're aware that.
Speaker 1: There's a problem. Now we start rooting it out, and that's going to take a long time.
Speaker 2: Armstrong in Geddy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 3: Your favorite ang fan would love a T shirt, a hat, the fabulous high quality Adidas hoodie some Armstrong and Getty go to Armstrong and Giddy dot com.
Speaker 2: We'll see you Monday. God bless America, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 12: This is the kind of guy.
Speaker 1: You're like, a smacking ass, a all beautiful thing. And I'll just say this, you know what I mean. It's in particularly a woman married to a woman.
Speaker 10: Good Lord, A woman married to a woman, Good Lord, good Lord.
Speaker 2: And again, thank you so much for saying bye bye a great Friday
Speaker 1: Mother, Armstrong and Getdy