Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Single bus Daynia wringing the political season, some controversy.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the many notes, people disparaging me, people supporting me. Also, I think the hate mail won out. But that's you know, onto the next day and we'll see.
Speaker 1: But it is that time.
Speaker 3: And of course we've got the coverage of Bloomberg News. It was great to have Mike Shepherd on driving forward our coverage in Washington as we try to parse out the emotion, the policies, the future of the nation will do that to November fifth and beyond today. David Malpass in the former president of the World Bank. He was appointed by mister Trump and very much so we could have talked about well, international events and poverty and what they do with the World Bank. But no, David malpass ran for US Senate as a Republican fourteen years ago. He's got some real world political skill. We asked him to parse Trump economics.
Speaker 1: No, but to those three people, those were austerity policies, and what Trump is talking about is growth policies. They're very different. That means changing the regulatory policy so that people will actually build things. You know, a giant part of the semiconductor problem right now is you can't build a factory because of the rules that go into that IRA bill, and so they're pumping money into the economy but getting nothing for it. That can all be changed, and that's not as hard to change as people think. It just means sensible decisions at the top in Washington to spend the money less wastefully.
Speaker 3: David Mailpass three two David Mailpass, the former President of the World Bank, on Trump economics. What did you wy to have man deep sing and enter Agranian to get the earning season of big big tech two three, four five whatever it is this week, I believe in order alphabet, Amazon's in there somewhere, Microsoft on the thirtieth Apple, and the thirty first on will go. But a big, big, big earning season week here is anerog rana an MSFT.
Speaker 4: So when you look at Microsoft for over the next twelve months, we are going to see massive capex going into the market along with a little bit of margin degradation. So this is not going to be financially a massive year for Microsoft when it comes to earnings growth. But at the same time, that's the only company where we can see actual benefits of AI translating into revenue. And I think that's most important for them is to prove to the market that their AI revenue is picking up better than anybody else out there, and their positioning is stronger. And I think that's most important for Microsoft.
Speaker 3: Erg run a brilliant conversation. Go back and look for that on a podcast innerog Run a man deep sink together on the technology. A lot of really good perspective their stuff. To be honest, they really don't understand, like finally the return of being, among other things as well. Of course, one of the great things we do is talk to academics. Katie Kaminsky is just brilliant off the MIT Combine up on the Charles River. When we talk to people from Purdue, we talk about Harry's Chocolate Fountain. It's an important institution in West Lafayette, Indiana. There's not one. There are selected institutions around the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Wander down mass f and it's real simple. The Miracle of Science.
Speaker 5: I like the Miracle of Science. It's a great I don't know if you've been there before, but it's a great hub right in the middle of Cambridge, so definitely. They also have some other local MIT pubs like The Thirsty Ear and another places, so yeah.
Speaker 3: There's a few selected ones as well. Mis you there the landscape around the Charles at River Again, thank you to Simon Johnson. What a triumph for MIT and the University of Chicago with this year's Nobel Prize Asamuglo and Johnson very much likely my book of the year next year, Power and Progress. Really can't say enough about it. I'll give it a full read here as we stagger through the holiday season. We're going to stagger through earning this week into the politics of next Tuesday and beyond. We'll do that with a team fired up to give you the best in conversation. On YouTube. Subscribe to Bloomberg podcast growing each and every day, big success this year on that on the Corridor ninety nine one FM in Washington, ninety two nine FM in Boston, and Bloomberg eleven three to oh Am here in New York City. On YouTube podcasts, on Apple Podcasts, Single Best Idea
Speaker 1: Seven