Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shake d I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up? My people? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you once again for being here with us. Yes, thank you people.
Speaker 2: She was always yes, the people have been like they haven't left.
Speaker 1: You're still here, y'all still here? I know, thank you. I hope y'all are still here. Yes, anybody out there?
Speaker 2: We up? She ate it and it is like we are. We are well into the summer. It is hot as grease balls outside.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I know we've actually in the past couple of days we've had some nice a little bits but before but but that is like what the weather in Maryland.
Speaker 3: Is usually like.
Speaker 2: No, No, Robin, have you watched the news.
Speaker 1: This was a time across the whole country actions they say, like the whole earth is like hotter than global warming.
Speaker 2: Who said global warming didn't exist?
Speaker 3: Was that Donald Trump? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Trump who said it existed first? Wasn't there album?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: He's like, I told you so.
Speaker 2: Give him his flowers, ok, I told you so, because alcar knew what he was talking about yes and how we listened and that was what it could have been at least twenty years.
Speaker 1: Well, remember, I mean that was one of the platforms that he really ran on and pushed when he ran for president. Right, so imagine if he had one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I feel like.
Speaker 1: I feel like whatever's going on with global warming or with the earth, it's like it's it has taken thousands of years to get there and now, and it will probably take thousands of years to undo. So but you know, every little every little bit bit counts, yes, right for people that don't recycle.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm getting better. I'm getting better at our short showers. And but then Gore said he remember Gore said he invented the internet.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when he took a turn left right, And that's when we were like Gore, we was behind you, sir.
Speaker 3: The thing. But wait a minute, what if he actually.
Speaker 2: Did He didn't, I don't know who did though, I don't know, But like, I'm gonna give that to the countries that are way more advanced than us, like China's way more advanced than it.
Speaker 1: Right, true, can you imagine life without the Internet? No, like I just think about I mean, actually life was like pretty cool without the Internet.
Speaker 2: It was like simpler, easier. Oh my gosh, well.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I used to think about like because you know, now I'm on the the I'm in the teenage world, and I'm thinking like, oh my god, Corey's going to be driving one day, and that's when he's just going to like go off the grid, and like we're not going to know where he is.
Speaker 2: What do you mean he's always on the grid. You're tracking his phone?
Speaker 1: I know, right right, because I'm thinking about my badass. I was a teenager and I was driving, and I was like, yo, I actually really used to like after school or like I think I would leave school early and go.
Speaker 2: To Of course you did, of course you did. We're a surprised. Robin made it okay that she is not in jail.
Speaker 3: But I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was like, because when I was a senior in high school, one was a junior, and I would like always be at his house. Yeah, and we would always be, you know, unsupervised, doing some think And so I'm like, how did my parents let me do that?
Speaker 2: Because they were tired and they didn't have time to be dealing with you, right, yes.
Speaker 1: And he was like yeah, because you didn't have a cell phone, Like because at that time I had the cell phone that was like four emergencies only because the phone calls cost like forty dollars a minute.
Speaker 3: Had a big You had a big one. I had a big one.
Speaker 2: I didn't have a big one.
Speaker 3: You never had a big one.
Speaker 2: No, I had a flip phone. I had a motor rolla two way page, a BlackBerry I had. No, I didn't have the BlackBerry, okay, or did I have the black is a BlackBerry thing that you flipped up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't have a BlackBerry. The keyboard, like, yes, I did not have that. I might. I might have had.
Speaker 3: You had to have had the big cell phone.
Speaker 2: I did not. What I think it just looked weird. And I left that for rappers like Puffy had one and that's where it should be, right okay, okay, and Robin so right and Robin Yeah, so I had one.
Speaker 1: But you know, it was like only for emergencies. So it was like, you know, you don't turn it on, you don't walk around with it.
Speaker 3: It was like literally just.
Speaker 1: In the car and if I needed it for whatever reason, then I could use it. But so yeah, so my parents couldn't track me down. But I'm just like, how did I do that? Because I don't know.
Speaker 3: That Corey will be able to be just doing that.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're going to be You're going to be on him and tracking him.
Speaker 3: So in a way, our kids are a lot safer than we.
Speaker 2: Were, kind of whether they're they're monitored much more. But do you remember when when long distance was a thing, Like when you had a phone and yes, so you're if you called long distance, it was like you were talking real fast because you had to right, how you doing?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: What do you need?
Speaker 2: What do you need what?
Speaker 3: Because it was like.
Speaker 2: Exactly like that, and then your parents was like standing over your shoulder like.
Speaker 3: Get off right, Okay, you've been on for five minutes.
Speaker 2: And this was the kicker when the phone bill came and you were like, holy show, I'm busted.
Speaker 1: Right because you probably messing one in like summer camp and you're like, oh, let me call so and so right crazy, Okay, we we digressed, all right, what is your reasonably shady moment?
Speaker 3: Robin?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I need to know if I'm shady like a shady parent.
Speaker 3: Okay, So all are y'all?
Speaker 1: So just for reference, we are recording this on a Tuesday, which.
Speaker 3: Is before the Beyonce concert.
Speaker 1: Oh so our Beyonce concert is coming up this weekend, right, okay, so when you hear this episode.
Speaker 2: The concert would have happened.
Speaker 1: The concert would have happened, but we wouldn't be able to have our feedback yet, so you gotta wait for our Beyonce feedback.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so the Beyonce concert is coming up this Saturday. Oh, let me ever wind so Monday, all right. So, so Mike Carter has a knee injury.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, not a little Carter. He's ten eleven twelve?
Speaker 3: How is he thirteen?
Speaker 2: He's thirteen? Yes, I love he looks ten. Yeah, I mean he's just he doesn't look ten. He just looks I don't want to say free. He's skinny.
Speaker 3: He's thin, Yeah, yes, he's thin. Okay. So Carter has a knee injury.
Speaker 1: So we got an MRI the week before, and on the MRI it says he has a cartilage defect. So that occurred probably because when he was playing basketball he banged his knee really hard against maybe someone else's knee or another another kid, and so technically so really so there's a piece of cartilage that has broken off in his knee and it's and so it's in his knee.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, this is terrible piece of cartilage that's floating around in his knee. I'm getting a yeah.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, so we go on Monday. The doctor's like, yeah, you he has to have surgery, Like okay, so there's no way to like you can't just like rehabit. You can't rest it, like this cartilage is floating in his knee. So you have to have surgery to get the cartilage out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm freaked out right now, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then then you also have to repair the area where the missing cartilage is.
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay.
Speaker 1: So in order to do that though, that actually is the part of the surgery that is a little more intense because you gotta like drill holes in the Oh okay, you.
Speaker 2: Don't skip this part, Okay, can you get to the point here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you got to drill holes and everything, Okay, all that so to help like regenerate, and I can't okay, all right. So anyway, so the doctor's like, great news someone I have a cancelation and a slot opened up on Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, great, let's do this. Oh and he said the surgery, he's probably gonna be have to be on crutches for like six weeks. He's gotta you know, stay off of it, no pressure on it off six weeks, he said, you know, worst case scenario, I probably wouldn't clear him to run again and for like four months and stuff. So I'm like, okay, great, Friday, Great, let's do it because you still got like, you know, three weeks before school starts. That will help you get acclimated and you know, just used to the situation and you know I can take care of you.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So Friday, so you know, he scheduled it, gave him my insurance information boom.
Speaker 3: Later on that day, I was like.
Speaker 2: Why why are you upset?
Speaker 1: Because as I was sitting on my deck listening to music and Beyonce, a song from Beyonce's Renaissance album came on.
Speaker 3: I was like, the Beyonce con sir A right, no, he won't.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so he'll be home Saturday, right, Well, sargers on Friday, it's in and out.
Speaker 1: Searchers on Friday. He wants to go to the Beyonce consos. No, we cannot, but he has to go.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna get a wheelchair?
Speaker 3: No? So I rescheduled the surgery.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I literally called this morning and I was like, yeah, Beyonce concerts the next day. We have to reschedule this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And what they say, like, just told me the next day that was available, which is when the eighteenth of what August?
Speaker 2: So right before school? Yep? So where are you? Okay?
Speaker 3: So two parts.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, Okay, he wants to go to Beyonce. So I don't want to rob him of that, because what is rob him of Beyonce that? Okay, I need thirteen. I know that I hate it on the album. Okay, I acknowledge that. I take it back. The album is great, But I cannot deny that a Beyonce concert is a whole experience. It's a thing that even if you aren't a Beyonce fan, you must see to appreciate.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm with you, all right.
Speaker 3: So and what if this is Beyonce's last.
Speaker 2: It's not tour. It's not She's got blue already primed and red. Okay, she's gonna be touring for a very long time. Okay, So you're not You're not a shady mother. You are a mom that this is what I would have done. I'd been like Carter, so sad, too bad, and I would have taken his ticket and stood outside and sold it. You could have got a good two thousand dollars for that ticket, at least two thousand. So, yeah, Carter, you be all right, I know.
Speaker 1: But I just feel like it's just a couple of things, like I'm not putting this health but not making it a priority because the doctor's like, you know, there's a chance that the cartilage, the cartilage is moving around his knee and it could end up in a place in his knee that's like not comfortable or not, you know what I'm saying, Like it could cause a little more damage. So the longer that we hold this off, the longer he's walking around with cardivag Yes, and that's when Robin is shady. Right, Yes, if you asked the question, I'm answering, yes, you're shavy.
Speaker 3: I'm shady.
Speaker 1: But then I also thought, like, okay, even if he doesn't go to the Beyonce concert, Yeah, I don't really know how he's going to respond to this surgery, and I don't want to have to be playing mother nurse on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, now that I can understand, right, But I feel like he will be okay for the three to four hours that you are gone. But I get it. So it's on the eighteenth. Yes, lovely, yes, lovely, So cartilage is gonna be moving around his knee as he's dancing around to Cozy and Energy and all of those songs. Okay, lovely, yes, lovely, lovely, Yes, I'm gonna talk about you, okay to your face as a matter of fact, y'all right in it's Robin being shady right now, and she a shady mom.
Speaker 1: Look I am a shady mot Sometimes I'm like, no one, nobody.
Speaker 3: Told us that we'd have to be doing all this shit.
Speaker 2: As being a mother.
Speaker 1: Yes, like yo, I literally go to these orthopedic doctor's offices and they're like, oh you're back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like what do you and y'all have?
Speaker 2: I'm sure you'll have a good one, yes, yes, yes, very good one. Okay, Well, moving on to my shady moment. So I was on my daily Saturday morning walk and outside outside and my nigh my neighbor's like two houses over. They like stop me and they were like, hey, just want you to know. See that tree over there. It's dead and it's on your neighbor's yard, not mine. Okay, Right, So I like walked over and I was like, oh my god, it's so big and there's not one leaf on this tree. Wow, is like forty feet in the air. It's jumongus. And any given moment, you know, all this rain, any given moment, just thinking it won't it won't hurt my house, but it will pull down every wire under the sun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I see my name Edica, block the roads or whatever, right, and it'll be know, it'll block me in it. It'll be on my driveway.
Speaker 2: So I see my neighbor. They have been out of town for four weeks. I came back. I was so excited. I'm like, Hi, guys, guess what have y'all seen this tree? Oh my gosh, it's dead. And they were like, yes, we're we're very well aware. And because it's so close to the power line. It's pepko's responsibility. Oh, I said, I'll give damn whose responsibility it is. It need to be gone right quick. Have they contacted PEPCO? They said they did and they was waiting for a response. So in the meantime, we just gonna sit around and pray that this thing doesn't it doesn't fall over. Yes, So I said, how long are we gonna wait for PEPCO? And they were like, I don't think I got a respond. Okay, I don't know, but let's be clear, if y'all remember, for all of our shadsters, if they all remember, a couple of months ago, I had another tree on the other side that neighbor on though, and they took it down the next day, right because I said to her, I'm having nightmares about this tree. She was like, oh, just that, I don't want you to have nightmares. Immediately the tree was gone, and I was like, yes, my neighbors are amazing. Well the other side of my house they are shady. Yeah, because this tree is still there.
Speaker 3: They're shady and they're being cheap.
Speaker 2: They're being cheapest f yeah, yeah, being cheap. So we're gonna need to I don't know what what I can do, But I'm just hoping and praying that they will get this handled. A SAP A SAP.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of shady neighbors, Yeah, when you come to my house, and I always I run the risk, like I don't know, you know that my neighbors might listen to the podcast or someone that did I talk about that? No, no, no, no, okay, I'm got to talk about them. I mean, your neighbors might listen to the back We don't they do? So you know what's like really cool about this podcast? Yeah, Like the most random people come up to me and are like, I love the podcast all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, dude, like you listen to the podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean it'll literally be like, you know, no no offense to anybody, but literally like you know, a fifty plus year old white man, yes, yes, who's like at his daughter's basketball tournament And I'm like.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you listen to my podcast? Like are you sure you're talking about reasonably shady right listening?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So it's really cool.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm like, you know, I'm talking shit, just you know, I don't know somebody might be listening. Do you notice the plethora of weeds at the interest at the entrance of our road.
Speaker 2: No, but let me tell you what I do notice. Okay, So Robin has a beautiful like entryway. The door is like she's got these planters out, all that good st stuff. Your neighbor has copied all your planters. They have the same planters and like the little the little flowers that go in all that.
Speaker 3: They are like the word they.
Speaker 2: Copy everything you do. I'm like, can you have some originality, next door, neighbor. I actually want them to come out and so I can just like slow my car down and like look at them, like I see you, I see you.
Speaker 1: Think they're gathering inspiration.
Speaker 2: Every time I come over here they've done something else that's just like Robins.
Speaker 3: It's another one at the top of the hill. They have like the.
Speaker 2: Same, same, same, And say, yes, so well, at least you're like you're setting the standard for your street.
Speaker 3: I'm trying, trying, but you have to look. Can you see it at this?
Speaker 1: So you know we have these rain gardens? Yes, so they So my neighbors in the front have this like really big rain garden and there is a plethora of weeds that are just growing out of control, and so like Wan is like, I'm gonna ask them when do they plan on cutting them?
Speaker 2: Good? Good, let's get okay because Wine has not cleaned out the garage, so at least Wine will go and take care of the weed situation. Okay, because I pulled up and your car is still outside, I'm like, w can you please clean the garage?
Speaker 3: So I had to tell him.
Speaker 1: So the other day I had to do a little like I don't know, reverse psychology type of karma type of situation.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 1: I said, you know, the garage became cluttered or or you know, like unusable when you lost your job, right, so if you clean up your clean up the garage, then you'll get a job.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's not how that works.
Speaker 3: But I feel like we should try Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like we should try it too. So what did he say?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it. So yesterday he was supposed to be cleaning the garage.
Speaker 2: And because the weather's nicer, so he's not who he won't be so hot.
Speaker 1: I'll be super hot. So he said he was gonna do it yesterday. Yeah, he's on a plane right now.
Speaker 2: He's not even in town, but he's the interviewing for a job. Is that what this playing, right?
Speaker 1: He's he's going to coach at like a high level basketball camp.
Speaker 3: Now they'll be like other people their stuff that hopefully can.
Speaker 2: Be very nice.
Speaker 1: But additionally, yesterday, so instead of doing the garage, yeah, he like hooked up his gaming space. So downstairs, downstairs, lovely Juan Antonio, he is, he has you know, created what I would do is I would I would hide all that and be like you can get it back when you clean the garage.
Speaker 2: Robert, You're not You're not handling this right.
Speaker 1: Well, so yes, so he has like married. So he asked me to like put this green screen thing together yesterday because like I'm more handy, like I can like figure stuff out.
Speaker 3: He's like, I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so he has this green screen because he wants to be like you might see one on YouTube streaming video games.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, that is so high tech that I'm nervous, right, Actually I might start sweating. What is happening? Yes, I cannot.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's just doing the most So he's like oh, can you come help me while I do this? Blah blah, I said, I'll help. I'll happily help you after you clean the garage.
Speaker 2: Yes, you should withhold sex. You should think that'll be next. Yes, withholding sex, definitely. BJ's and you know, start like threatening divorce. Yeah, yeah, the threat is always kind of nice if.
Speaker 1: You don't clean. I mean it's like it's four and a half months, yes, right, four three?
Speaker 2: Wait, it's too long, four and a half months. Yes, no, it's very much too long. Yeah, Okay. On another note, I do want to say thank you so much to the world because my dad did pass away, and you guys have like poured out all kinds of love and support and prayers and I can feel them. Yes, I can feel all the prayers, all the love. Yeah, And so I'll be talking about my dad all the time. He was one of the coolest guys I know, and he was amazing, and he loved this podcast and he loved Robin for the Records Graves. I know, he was amazing. But yeah, we I'll be talking about him more later, not now.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's too fresh, of course, it's too fresh, of course. So we all we all love I love you love, mister Grave.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It was very beautiful to see the support that you received.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was like, I thought y'all hated me, right, I was like Twitter troll No, But I mean y'all really showed up and shout out. And I'm you know, beyond grateful obviously, but you just never know how people really genuinely feel about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know that they're watching, they're they're receiving that they're you know, and your father really it's so beautiful that he had those moments on the show that he did.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you know, he really made an impression on a lot of people.
Speaker 2: He did, and he loved the show. He loved when he would be like because he would tell me all the time, and he'd be like walking around the street, especially in the airport, and people be like, I know you are you just sales dad and he'd be like yes, I well, yes, yes, and he's so proud, excited, so proud.
Speaker 3: So he's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's a huge void and he will definitely be missed, but we will, we move on, and I want to I just want to say thank you. Speaking of Twitter trolls, yes, I thought my phone was hacked? Was your phone hacked?
Speaker 3: Well, you know I'm not on Twitter. No, the because of the logo, Yes, I said, what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: I thought the bots got me, right, the bots got me worried?
Speaker 3: What is that? And why?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Is it not called the Twitter anymore? Because I call it the Twitter? Is it not called that? I think it's still Twitter? But for whatever reason, he changed the logo to an X. And you know he put the a huge X on top of the building. Oh he did, yes, And because the building is the building here in Alexander, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would guess they're in California and California, Okay, I'm gonna guess that.
Speaker 2: And so it's an X on the top. It's this is all very strange.
Speaker 4: To rebrand the social media company Twitter as X. A giant flashing letter X has been removed from the roof of the company of San Francisco headquarters three days after it was installed. The brightly illuminated sign triggered a flood of complaints from people in that neighborhood who couldn't sleep. Building's department officials say the structure was not inspected or approved.
Speaker 1: It's very weird and so it's very weird, something really strange that Twitter is going on. So people, why are you still there? I want to know why people are still there?
Speaker 2: Well, I well they need they need to pay their bills, Robin. So there's that.
Speaker 1: And then I think the people who are on, like the users of Twitter. People are still using Twitter, yes, because because this is just weird.
Speaker 2: There's people that want to troll us. The trollers want to troll us, so they have they need an outlet to trash us. And okay, there's I.
Speaker 1: Think the world is telling you people something like this is not good. It's not good for your brain, your mental Literally, it.
Speaker 2: Was like, is this a Malcolm xx right? I was so confused on this, so a couple of things. I was thinking, this is my theory that he doesn't want to pay any more Twitter bills. So if you change the name and file bankruptcy, if Twitter files bankruptcy and it's no longer Twitter, okay, do you have to pay the bills? Exactly?
Speaker 3: But I don't think he changed the name. Did he change it to X?
Speaker 2: It was exit the top. I just pulled it up. It says ex at the top. It doesn't say Twitter, but.
Speaker 3: It never says Twitter, it would say it would just be that little bird.
Speaker 2: Would just be the bird.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's trying to avoid payments to people I don't know who, and he has us to keep up with zuck the duck because Zuckerberg changed Facebook to meta meta, so he's got to keep up. It definitely looks more.
Speaker 1: It definitely looks goth number one. Yeah, looks very gothic. But it does look a little more like the Twitter bird. That blue Twitter bird looks cheesy, right, I.
Speaker 3: Thought I was cute.
Speaker 1: I mean like Twitter, like tweet tweet, Yeah, tweet tweet, right, I mean I understood. I understood that. But I guess maybe they just are trying to keep up with all this like advanced technology.
Speaker 3: And the AI and all that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a little weird. It's a little weird.
Speaker 3: It is. It's weird. It's creepy.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of weird couple of things. So I did a deep dive into the alien world, and I know that I did. I know that We've discussed this before because Rob and I both believe that there are some extraterrestrial terrestrial lives out there. The government has declassified one day, Oh my god, y'all. So I was stressed out. My da, I was sick. Cal calls me. He's like, just all we got to talk about the aliens. I'm like, what are you? I have no clue as to what you're talking about. And so he was not to explain it to me, so I had to do my own little deep dive. So the government has declassified all of those videos and everything that they know about the alien situation. Okay, so yes, there have been some non human beings right walking around.
Speaker 1: They said that that walking around.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say walking around. I want to say they've been sighted, okay. And their ship situation, yeah, guys, it's a situation like their technology is way far advanced than us because their.
Speaker 1: Ships can go pirol and they're gone. I know. I heard it with my wance saw it and I heard it right, Yes, so you know what it is. Yes, it's still so weird to me, though.
Speaker 2: It's not weird to me. Why are we the only human beings?
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no, okay, that's not weird that we are the only like life out here period, that's not weird. But where they came from is super duper far away. Yes, yeah, So my thing is like, how long did it take them to get here?
Speaker 3: How old are they?
Speaker 1: Okay, like what kind of technology do they have that they can just that they found us?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like, there's just so those questions.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, Okay, that's the stuff that I can't wrap my head around.
Speaker 2: All Right. There's this documentary that I watched, and I'm not necessarily telling people to watch it because it was very slow, Like it was an hour and a half. It could have ended in forty minutes. But it's called alien something I can't it's called alien.
Speaker 3: That's really helpful.
Speaker 2: It's called alien phenomenon. Okay, it's on YouTube. Okay, you have to pay for it, like three dollars or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, people it you have a lot of free time on your hand, Well, you watched a lot of shit.
Speaker 2: I did this deep dive for this podcast.
Speaker 3: You did some research. You wouldn't just be making yeah, because you always say I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what the hell I'm talking about, and everyone's like, I was just out do your research. So I did my goddamn research. Good, all right, Okay, let's get so. A ship landed in Zimbabwe, in nineteen ninety four. Okay, children were playing outside. It was outside of a school children fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh graders. They were playing outside. They were playing football and they see this thing come from the sky and land boom, and they were like, what the hell is that? They said, it was all shiny. They go over there and two beings men came out and one was running really fast in slow motion. I don't know how you do that. I don't know how you do that. What the one was running really fast in slow motion.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a dream.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not done. I'm not done. And the other one was just like standing on the on the spaceship. Okay, okay, so how do you know as a man? Though they're not like it was.
Speaker 1: It was a being that looked masculine or came back.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, finished on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the kids all go and they they make the teachers make them because it was a teacher conference, so another teachers were out. There was just the kids playing around. So teachers were like, draw it. Every kid do the same thing. They've interviewed these kids twenty years later and they still say the same thing and they still have the same drawing.
Speaker 3: So on the documentary they're interviewing those people.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yes, so then this is this is the kicker. They were like, did they speak to you? And the kids were like yes, they said, well how do they communicate? They said through their eyes? Oh, so it was like they looked at them and you know stuff. You know, it's communication. No mouth, okay, right, and you know what they said. The aliens said to these kids, Robbie, are laughing these aliens two of them said, now mind you, the kids were not together when they were answering these questions.
Speaker 3: All that they were interrogated like a police interrogation with.
Speaker 2: This scientist from Harvard came down to ac if they were lying or whether it was like a dream. The guy said, they're not lying. It's not a dream. This really happened. And they the aliens wanted us to stop our technology and because we're ruining No, they said, we're ruining our earth. Oh and pollution, oh, pollution is now it's these are the kids talking. So the kids were trying to you know, this.
Speaker 1: Is how are they interpreting what they're saying with their eyes? No, Robin, So they were communicator, I know, Robin. They communicated with the house. Have you and one had a conversation with your eyes?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: You have not to wear you can?
Speaker 2: You and one should be able to have an entire conversation with your eyes, because I know I can, and when not with one, but with some people, I can communicate with my eyes. I can have a conversation with my kids with my eyes, an entire conversation, not a conversation, an entire conversation.
Speaker 1: You can like that, you could, that can be like cut it out, what the hell is wrong with you? I don't want to hear no more. Shut the fuck up, Like, yes, you can have those conversations, okay, right, yeah, But as far as understanding that the aliens were saying with their eyes, I'm gonna use my eyes to say this, Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 3: I believe with the technology.
Speaker 2: Listen, guys, I'm telling y'all now, I believe it. Robinses not the end, and I've done my research.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I don't believe it. I'm just saying it's it's it's so mind boggling to me. Right.
Speaker 3: But because they came from really they came from a very very very very very very very far away. Please yeah, I'm talking like millions of miles.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they landed, they had the conversation, and then they rolled, they got into their spaceship and they was zoom out out of here. They said the whole thing was like fifteen to twenty minutes. Really, yes, and I believe it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just sort of put this out there in the universe. Yep, can aliens? Can y'all pick me up one day? No, I want to go for a ride.
Speaker 2: Well if they okay, they let's say they pick you up, they're gonna bring you back? Yeah, okay, Yeah, I just would like for them to come down and we have a conversation with our eyeballs.
Speaker 3: Okay. And that's it.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Speaking of the Twitter, I wanted this is what I want to talk about before we moved on from Twitter. So it has been reported that Tina Knowles is getting a divorce right from what's his name? I can't even remember his name, Robert Downey Jr. What was Richard Lawson? There we go and Richard last It clearly didn't know how Twitter worked because Richard the Lasson was liking porn video after porn video after porn video after big Dick Willie video, like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Did you actually see what he was liking? I didn't see it. I just saw the reports that he was liking.
Speaker 2: Somebody called me to tell me that, like somebody had like cause it's all it's all gone now that they screenshot like everything that, like all the videos were like popping up. Okay, sir, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: He's bored while his wife is following was following Beyonce in on a European World tour.
Speaker 2: Why won't he go with her?
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to be bored, go with her? Because Tina didn't want him to go. Tina didn't say that.
Speaker 2: Tina did not say, first of all, how are you y'all just got married, y'all shoud still be in the honeymoon phase and Tina knows is Tina knows? She will respect Tina.
Speaker 3: No Mary cheers, ish was it?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. It probably probably, but like you married the Tina knows and you couldn't do right by her, sir. I was like angry with him.
Speaker 3: I was like, how do you fumble that? How do you fumble that?
Speaker 1: Do you know you're marrying Beyonce's mother, Like what make it work? Do whatever, sir, make you're like living your best life.
Speaker 3: This is not just and this is crazy.
Speaker 1: This is not just Beyonce's mother, Like, this is the woman that like literally helped Beyonce be who she is.
Speaker 3: Thank you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, So this is not some just regular old This ain't my mama, No, no, this is this ain't regular Oh nobody's mama. This is Tina knows and you will do right by her. The end, I was so angry with him. I was just like, oh my gosh, okay, speaking of of housewives, Yeah, did you see that Lisa from from Miami so on the Real Housewives Me Lisa who's getting she's in the process of getting divorced. Yes, but her a strange husband because that's what he is right now. Yes, has gotten engaged.
Speaker 1: He's got engaged to These people are nuts, like they are off their rocker, right the Barbie doll number four.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably his fourth is fourth marriage four? Oh I'm being up. I don't know, this is what I say. Anyway, So Lisa's like she was she she was all in her full right to congratulate him by saying.
Speaker 3: What is she saying?
Speaker 1: She said, congratulations to my ex husband. No, no, congratulations to my current husband on his engagement to his mistress.
Speaker 2: Yes, I said, yes, Lisa, get them, Lisa. I was so tickled by that.
Speaker 3: That was funny. That was great, That was funny. That is a mess.
Speaker 1: That is a whole mess. What First of all, Lenny Hockstein, whatever your name.
Speaker 3: Is, what is the rush? What's the rush? What is rushed to get engaged?
Speaker 2: The girls going nowhere?
Speaker 3: Home wrecker? Because it's the same woman, right, yes, yes, what is the rush?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: She's going nowhere?
Speaker 2: So why would you need to do that?
Speaker 3: He is extremely pussy whipped?
Speaker 2: Is it that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: He just he's yeah, he's extremely pussy whipped. And she's like, oh my god, baby, you need to let them know that I am yet number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I thought we already knew that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, that wasn't good enough for her, so she could because think about it, the mistress is tired of being called a mistress. Oh you know what I'm saying. So she's like, nah, you need to make me legitimate. You need to let the world know like you're for real. I'm not some floozy. I'm not I'm not a mistress like you really want to be with me. I'm telling you he's pussy whipped and she forced him to do that.
Speaker 2: But what man gets engaged before they get divorced.
Speaker 3: A pussy whipped man.
Speaker 2: I want you to say it one more time. What man buys a ring, even goes into the store to look for a ring before he gets divorced?
Speaker 3: A pussy whipped man.
Speaker 2: Okay, how quickly do you think that ship will be? Oh my gosh, I give them, I give them three years and he will be onto the next Does.
Speaker 3: She not know that I give them eight months? That shit is toxic.
Speaker 1: It's just like I feel like when you're in that situation and you're like, you know you're going through this a public breakup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you're cheating on your wife and all that.
Speaker 1: It's all these emotions, Yes, you know, you're all this in this crazy, stupid honeymoon phase because you're just like infatuated with the person. Like that ship is going to die down and he's gonna yeah, it'll be over.
Speaker 2: I think he is maybe addicted to that beginning. I'm so in love. I have to be with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his new sex.
Speaker 2: He might be addicted to that.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, maybe yeah, probably because if I mean, are you did you really make it up that this would be his fourth wife or do you have some sort of.
Speaker 2: He was married prior to Lisa, so this this would at least be third. I just threw in another one for you know who's counting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably won.
Speaker 1: He probably likes that whole like infatuation phase, the honeymoon phase when you're just all over each other.
Speaker 2: Well, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby baby baby, oh baby. But and this, this just confirms to Lisa that she's doing the right thing.
Speaker 3: She should not be with the shoot.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, now I can, I can. I we were switching gears for a minute. So I was so for Cardi b throwing a microphone at the girl that threw a drink at her. I was so for that, even though I'm not for violence, but I thought that that was like utterly rude for somebody to throw a drink on Cardi or because it's like happening all the time, like people throwing stuff, people throwing stuff. I guess this is a new trend. It ain't a good trend, but whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, But until.
Speaker 2: Cardy you were asking people right to throw like, to throw water on you.
Speaker 3: It's hot out here.
Speaker 1: Yes, you literally bended your ass over so that people could throw water at you. Yes.
Speaker 3: Did you forget that fast? I think she did.
Speaker 2: I was thinking maybe she got hit by ice and then that triggered her.
Speaker 3: She forgot that fast. No, she was like, what the fun way is water come from? Why?
Speaker 2: That was because seven minutes ago you asked you asked for it, Cardi girl, and I love these to Cardi B. But that was weird.
Speaker 3: I know, that was really weird.
Speaker 1: Right, So when I first saw it, I was like, oh, yeah, I understand because this is happening too often now people just think they can just throw shit up at performers.
Speaker 3: That's not okay. And it was so funny.
Speaker 1: One got a trip out of the fact that Cardi B must be left handed because she had the microphone in her right hand that water hit her face, she switched hands, she put the microphone in the left.
Speaker 3: Hand and then and then yes, okay, Win, it's very detailed.
Speaker 2: But he will not clean the garage. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: But you know why he won't clean the garage because she's left handed no, because for him, cleaning the garage is not just like cleaning the garage so that I can put my car back in.
Speaker 3: It is not just like moving ship to the side.
Speaker 1: And moving it elsewhere. For him, it's like, oh, I have to get rid of stuff. I have to organize, I have to get new shelves. I have to do so it's like a whole production. It's like a whole thing. You can't just like you just can't make it simple and just like push it to the side so my car can fit.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I got you that.
Speaker 3: It's annoying.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yes, she literally had she switched hands and then whiz that ship like she did.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't think I don't did it hit her?
Speaker 3: Did it hit the lady?
Speaker 1: It hit From what I read, it hit the person, but like ricocheted off that person and hit another person.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, And then I did you see the lady that was like yeah, one me, it was this one right here, like she was pointing to lay light. Don't come for me because security was on it quick.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not. I'm not mad.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy. I really want to know.
Speaker 1: I was trying to find out how much time passed between Cardi B's and it is hot out here.
Speaker 3: Throw water on me.
Speaker 1: To the person throwing water on her and Cardi B wizzing her microphone at them, like how much time passed? She likes really bad memory, like my memory is really bad. But Cardi BS she got you beats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I did see she was performing at somewhere else and the DJ cut her song oh this other part of yes before she she was still rapping, but the DJ cut you know, so she she was rapping off no music right. That pissed her off, so she threw the mic out the DJ, oh really yeah, and said you or something?
Speaker 1: I mean, it was like this happened when like this is prior okay but recent yes?
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she likes to throw mic her microphones, but can we also talk about the whole track was playing too? Like, so she she's when she whizzits the microphone, she stops rapping, but Cardi B Is still rapping.
Speaker 3: Because she's pulling a Millie Vanilly. She's over here rapping like.
Speaker 2: What okay, but people don't even know I like people understand Milli Vanilly because that's such an old story. But they all do that, Robin.
Speaker 1: But to that decree, it was literally like the entire like it was almost like they were just in a club playing her music. It wasn't like it was just like like her vocals weren't even low on the.
Speaker 3: Track, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think for those times, because that was like a rolling loud or like that was like one of those concerts where like.
Speaker 3: A no, I think that was like a day club in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Oh it was. She should not have been. That was so hot, that's what she needed. That's why she needed water. Yes, and she asked for water to be thrown on her. I think she just got hip by of ice and that just triggered her.
Speaker 1: It did, But clearly she that is not just just her rapping on performances. No, she's yeah, well, or at least not her just live. Well.
Speaker 2: Her live is accompanied by memory X, it's accompanied by her song that they play, so she just just wraps over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I don't mean that's kind.
Speaker 2: I always say, what would Beyonce do? Not that?
Speaker 1: Not that?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, jay Z wouldn't do it either.
Speaker 2: No Japs that my constant.
Speaker 1: He goes for yes and he spits, yes, and he doesn't need his memory XL. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember when Kanye and jay Z did a tour together. Yes, that was I went to Yes, that was like, yeah, that was great, the great Kanye. Nothing, he's not great today, I know, but that was great Kanye.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, it's crazy. My kids love Kanye like we do that. Yeah. They they played Kanye all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, one last thing I want to talk about before we get out of here. Two things actually, one Coppin, Oh, yes, can we talk about that?
Speaker 3: Sure? I mean it's public information.
Speaker 2: Yes. So I was, you know, mining my business and people started sending me on the article that said that Coppen dismissed the case.
Speaker 1: No, the law the judge dismissed wand and Coppin. Yes, yes, so it's public information. So I'll speak just as much as I can on that.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So the lawsuit, some of the parties in the lawsuit that one is a part of have been dismissed. Wan Coppin, State University, the State of Maryland. Okay, they all have the same lawyer, so they're all represented by the Maryland States Attorney and they filed emotion to dismiss the judge granted the motion to dismiss Boom boom. However, we're not out of the woods yet because they allowed they are allowing the plaintiff thirty days to amend the complaint.
Speaker 2: That's that's by law in that like standard, and that's I think that's standard.
Speaker 3: I don't maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen judgments where it's like it's over, like yeah, it's over. So anyway, so we have thirty days from July twenty fourth for them to amend their complaint, so we'll see what happens. Okay, I don't want to speak too much one just you know, my opinions and stuff until it's like completely over. But it will be good one day when it is completely over, and want'll be happy to talk about you know.
Speaker 2: Just everything everything. But is this before after he cleans the garage, like which one?
Speaker 3: This would be so thirty so technically.
Speaker 2: He's gonna speak on it as soon as he.
Speaker 1: Cleans es if in the soon this possible date that would be August twenty fourth, that garage better be clean by August twenty four, yes, yes, boom.
Speaker 2: Okay, otherwise you can't talk about it, right, Yes, that's what you should tell him. There we go, no sex, get a divorce, and you cannot talk about the copycake right.
Speaker 1: Because he wants to. He wants to talk about he wants to talk about it, he wants to share.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Just I'm the truth.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna be the garage police if it's not clean.
Speaker 3: I'm be like, why not talking about it?
Speaker 1: I can't talk about it. We still think you did it. He's still such a horrible man because you did it. Yeah, but I just I mean, I can't wait. I'm like, let me not get my opinion. Yes, no opinion for Robin. And actually that is our episode. We love you guys so much. Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable or Shade or both.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, y'all, this is Robin and I cannot believe that we went this entire episode without ignor and celebrating the fact that this was the one hundredth episode of Reasonably Shady. So I want to say thank you to you all. I'm so sired we didn't do something monumental to celebrate the occasion. But as you know, there's been a lot going on in our lives specifically Justelle's personal life, and so we weren't able to devote the time to really make a big deal out of that celebration. But when I tell you that is a big deal. That is a huge deal for us. The fact that we have just recorded our one hundredth episode of Reasonably Shady, The fact that you have just listened to the one hundredth episode of Reasonably Shady, It means so much to us. Your ears, your attention, your love, your comments, your emails, your participation, whether you've been to a live show or you want to go to a live show, or just listening to us every week, and you know, on your way to work or while you're walking down the street, exercising, or whatever it might be. It means so much to us that you want to listen to us talk about, sometimes a bunch of nonsense, sometimes some interesting stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, our crazy.
Speaker 1: Lives, our opinions, whether they're controversial or not, or reasonable or.
Speaker 3: Shady or not.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you so much. You really just can't imagine how much we appreciate you all. So one hundred episodes a Reasonably Shady is a huge deal for us. We appreciate y'all so much. We love you so much, and here's to another one hundred more.
Speaker 3: All right bye.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.