Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour.
Speaker 2: Two on this Meet Friday. Come on in stay a while. We'll talk to the man who signed Michael Jordan to the historical, historic Nike contract. He also signed Kobe to his first contract that was with Adidas, and he thought he had a deal with Lebron James when Lebron was going to sign with Adidas. And when you think about it, what would have happened to Nike if Michael Jordan didn't go there? They were a running shoe company. Imagine that if Mike didn't go there and he went to Adidas, and the fact that Kobe was at Adidas and Lebron would have gone to Adidas as well, what that would have meant for Nike, What that would have meant for Adidas, what it would have meant for the global shoe market as well. And Michael Jordan is Michael Michael Jordan the businessman if he went to Adidas as opposed to Nike. All right? Eight seven to seven three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. You know that the stat of the Day is brought to you by Panini America Official trading cards of the show. Six WWE superstars face off inside a giant steel chamber. I don't know why I need to go to this dramatic voice, but six WWE superstars face off inside a giant steel chamber for a championship match at WrestleMania. Watch Elimination Chamber live Saturday at seven eastern four Pacific. Countdown at five eastern, two Pacific on Peacock.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin, that's the only way to read it, or you can read a life miss McMahon back in the day the hockey talk man. Wheresus the Ultimate Warrior?
Speaker 2: It's Survivors? Yeah, I like the trail off there eight seven seven three DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle at DP show. Spend a lot of time first hour talking about the greatness of Steph Curry. At fifty six points twelve three pointers last night, he single handedly out scored Orlando in the third quarter twenty two to twenty one. And it was the subtle reminder night from Steph Curry, who spoke about his legacy after the game.
Speaker 4: I was just somebody that people felt inspired by when they watched. We've created a live memories now for myself, I know for fans who've watched the whole career, So no matter if you've been watching since nine or beforehead or recently, just somebody that brings.
Speaker 5: Joy to the game.
Speaker 4: Is inspiring to not only just play basketball, but to find your best self and whatever you decide to do. And we talked about just having joy and having a smile on my face because I'm blessed.
Speaker 2: That's great answer. And where he was, you know, he was a curiosity at Davidson and that's when we were first introduced to him. That we had him on. I don't know if it was his sophomore or junior year, and then I thought he was going to get drafted by Minnesota. They took two point guards, they just didn't take the right point guard. Who is it? Ricky Rubio and Johnny Flynn.
Speaker 6: That was a deep discussion back then.
Speaker 2: And I remember the GM David Kahn, I think that was his name, and we had him on and I remember telling him to take Steph Curry, and then we had him on after when they didn't take Steph Curry, and I think we continue to have him on to remind him that he didn't have take Steph Curry, and I think he eventually got fired, but Steph was there. We just didn't know if Steph would be a role player. I think you know, there was probably a consensus he was going to be a role player. Oh, he would never be able to hold up, you know, to the physicality of the NBA. He's not going to get that shot off against these other athletes. And you had the ankle injury, and that's where you wondered if Golden State really made a big mistake, and then all of a sudden, we haven't talked about that ankle, feels like in a long long time, but we continue to talk about Steph Curry.
Speaker 6: Yes, Bowie, I went back and look, Steph Curry didn't make an All Star team un till his fifth year in the NBA. His fifth year, he was twenty fourteen. Twenty fifteen, he averaged twenty four points per game. And we had him on the show August of twenty fifteen, before the year he scored thirty a game and won the MVP. He said to you, you asked who's the best offensive player in basketball? And he said me, And it got a lot of blowback towards Curry, and then he went out that year and average thirty and won the MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because people think or thought, you know, Lebron is the most dominating force offensive fource or Kevin Durant if you want to put him in there. But this is you know, Steph saying, no, I am now can you say that he He's right? No, I mean what Lebron is doing? Lebron. Oh, by the way, what did you do last night? I mean they deep Minnesota. Did he have thirty three and seventeen rebounds? Does that sound right, Marvin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, something that range.
Speaker 2: It's incredible what he does every single night. Nobody, nobody, You don't want to say nobody's going to do this, but that the amount of mileage on his leg, on his body, it's just I'm fascinated. I still think he's one of the top ten players in the game and he's forty.
Speaker 3: Yeahes marn I suggest everybody who watches basketball or who loves basketball, who was really into it, watch Court of Gold on Netflix and you'll see the competitive spirit of guys like Steph Curry, Lebron James, and Kevin Durant. These guys are as as accomplished as anybody who's ever played, and they were trying to jokij watch the guys from France wenby Nicholas Patoum. He's serious, people like, oh, they don't care about the game. Oh they care. They just don't care about the All Star Game in the middle of February during the NBA season.
Speaker 2: All right, so our poll question for the first hour is you could be sho Heyo Tani, Steph Curry or Patrick Mahomes their entire career.
Speaker 7: Obviously, this is the results here a recency bias. Whose career would you want past in future? Show Hao Tani Right now he's come down to fifty percent of the vote for fifty five. Steph has twenty nine percent, Patrick Mahomes ticking up to about twenty two percent.
Speaker 2: Dish. Actually, it's not recency bias.
Speaker 7: It's a depcency bias, since they're going along with what you want depiecency.
Speaker 2: There's not a wrong answer. There isn't. Uh Lebron against the Timberwolves had thirty three, seventeen and six assists. It's it's mind boggling, it really is. It's every single night, you know, Steph gives us those remind we haven't had one of these reminder games in a little while, but Golden State is playing a whole lot better since they got Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler didn't play well last night, but you know you've reached a whole different stratosphere when the opposing team's fan base gives you a standing ovation. Not many guys get that opportunity where the opposing team appreciates what they saw in Orlando last night. They appreciated what they saw. They only get to see him once a year. They showed out to see him, and he showed up with fifty six points. This was in from Diana Rassini from the Athletic Matthew Stafford is going to meet today with the Rams at the Rams team facility to discuss his future. You apparently reportedly have two deals on the table. The Raiders and Giants have disc two year contracts for Stafford that are probably ninety to one hundred million guaranteed. This according to sources telling Diana Rassini, the Rams gave Stafford's agent permission to talk to other teams, and now you're going to be able to go back and go, okay, are you going to match this or are we going to come up with a trade scenario here. I don't know what the Giants or Raiders would give up for Matthew Stafford. If Jimmy Garoppolo is the answer, I probably don't like the question. If I'm a Rams fan. He's a good backup. But you're going to replace Matthew Stafford with Jimmy Garoppolo with a team that is winning now, not prepared to win now, they've already won now two years Matthew Stafford. That gives you an opportunity, you know. That's what I don't understand the timeline here that Albert Breer, the Monday Morning Quarterback, talked about yesterday five year window as opposed to a two year window. And I just I've been around this a long long time and understanding the wait till next year usually doesn't come. Just asked the forty nine ers they were in line to win a couple. They should win a couple. Now they did go to a super Bowl, but you know the goal is to win. The Rams won one. I see no reason why they can't compete to win another with Matthew Stafford. The next two years, young team defense got some skilled position players. You got Puka Nakua, I just and you got Sean mcvayh. I know it's not my money, but if the goal is to win a super Bowl, the next two years with Matthew Stafford certainly seemed like a whole lot more attainable than the next three or four years with Jimmy Garoppolo or Sam Darnold or Aaron Rodgers or whoever you want to throw into in the mix. There, Travis Kelce is coming back for another year and falling into the same trap that we hear from athletes all the time. I can't go out this way. Well, it might not get any better. In fact, it might get worse that you won't get to a super Bowl. But Travis Kelce is coming back for one more season. Miles Garrett doesn't want to sign a contract extension at one At some point, the Browns have to go, Okay, what can we get for Miles Garrett? What makes the most sense for us? Do we trade down? You trade Miles Garrett? You get picks. You know you got the second pick on the draft. Do you trade down from that? Are you sold on cam Ward? Are you sold on Shradoor Sanders? Because if you're not, and you're sold on Travis Hunter, or you're sold on somebody else there. If not, get out of there. Because the Browns have been bad at drafting. When they had all those picks, they were bad. It's one thing to have them, it's another thing to utilize them and make sure that those guys stick with your team. But Miles Garrett doesn't want to be there and won't sign a contract extension. The combine is rolling along on field activities all weekend, and you have teams that are meeting with Travis Hunter. And the question is, Travis, you want to play both ways? You want to play full time defense, full time offense. Will teams allow him to do that? Teams are bringing him in as a wide receiver, interviewing him as a wide receiver, which I find interesting, others as a defensive back. But here is Travis Hunter, the Heisman Trophy winner. On playing both ways.
Speaker 8: I mean, nobody has done it, but I feel like I'll put my body through a lot.
Speaker 2: I do a lot of treatment.
Speaker 8: People that get to see that part what I do for my body to make show them one hundred percent easy game. But I feel like they can do the don't nobody have done it? And I know I could do I did at college level, which the game is, you know, we really get we rarely get breaks in There's a lot more breaks in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't understand that. And Dion brought that up to me at the Super Bowl, that you get more breaks in the college game. That he they used the expression the game is slowed down. Now, it's not the game, you know, on the field speed, it's the actual game that commercial breaks. I'm guessing that's what he's talking about. I can't imagine he's saying that college that you know, the sport is faster on the field. You know, college games take four hours. But can I see him playing sixty plays on defense and forty on offense. Maybe if I'm drafting him, I'm using him. I'm going to use him the best way I can. If he's one of the best players on my team. I don't want him on the sidelines when he would give us some kind of a benefit by putting him out there. And he's not a structured wide receiver. He's just an athletic guy. Once he understands running rounds, I mean, that's what they talk. His scouts have already brought this up you know, you got to be more structured and running your past patterns here. He knows all of these things, but he's already a great defensive back. I got to have him out there full time there and then you just have to say, be honest with me when you want to come out of the game. But I would go all in. If I'm drafting him, I'm using him. Yeah, Paul, I didn't understand the thing with breaks either. Dean brought it up to us and Travis. The average over the past ten years, the average NFL game is three hours and twelve minutes. The average college football game is three hours and twenty four minutes. The halftime in college is eight minutes longer, so halftime rest and you get one extra commercial break per half in college compared to the NFL. You know, So, what's he mean? I don't know. The NFL's quicker. I mean they want to get it done in a three hour ish window. A lot of college college games feel like they go four hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marvin, do you think a lot of teams in the Big twelve are maybe running a no huddle offense. That's the only thing I can possibly think of, Because you guys are right about the time. So I don't know, Colorado didn't run a no huddle offense, but I just met more so he was saying about taking breaks on defense.
Speaker 2: So what pole question? We're going to stay with this pole question seating for hour two.
Speaker 7: I think we're gonna let this one ride for a little bit, mostly because I want to see if I can get that show hey number down?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, you're lobbying. You're lobbying behind my back. I don't want to make sure that by the end we by the time we take it down.
Speaker 7: Is that quite as much of a landslide as all?
Speaker 2: Did I mention it's a meat Friday? Did I mention? What's on the menu? We have smoke, baby back, ribs, mac and cheese, coleslaw. Who has it better.
Speaker 1: Than we do?
Speaker 2: No body? Nobody? All right? A couple of phone calls in here, Donovan in Iowa, Hi Donovan, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey Dan?
Speaker 10: One six' two?
Speaker 9: Softed Hey?
Speaker 10: Dan, yeah your full question? HERE i gotta go With. Curry he is so much. BETTER i, mean the devil Name curry is haunting us for The. OLYMPICS i, mean can't get you better than? That his whole life really has been. GREAT i mean he's got his, dad HIS nba, player his. BROTHERS i, mean he's just living the. Life He's curry. Man so that's my, opinion all.
Speaker 2: Right AS i, said there's no wrong answer if you, said, hey you're gonna Be Patrick mahomes', career, okay or you're gonna Be Steph curry or Shoeyo. TANI i mean IF i, go would you rather have The? Porsche would you rather have The maserati or The. Ferrari that's really what this. Is let's See dave In. Washington, Hi, dave what's on your?
Speaker 5: Mind?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 9: Worrying six one semi hard Hard, Anyways i'm rallying behind seat and on this whole stat of The day song. THING i think we don't want it to be like The Meat friday songs where everybody's sending them. In let's keep it.
Speaker 2: Real, no The Meat friday songs were. AWESOME i love that what?
Speaker 7: Seed just to, CLARIFY i thought The Meat friday songs were. Awesome, YEAH i thought whose stats do you?
Speaker 2: Want was.
Speaker 7: Wonderful i'm a little more territorial over stat of The day and just the what we've carved out there was was pretty.
Speaker 2: Great, okay that's all all, right but we might strike. Gold yeah, MAYBE i mean who stats see that was. Great that was a lot of. Fun, yea we might stumble upon something great. Again tell, me tell.
Speaker 7: Me we Have Darius rutgers submitted a stat of the day Song josta and Heat Redd twittle The great Hot Water. Music they sent one. In we have great people have sent these. In we need even more people sending them. In but it'd be cool if there were people, who uh can, sink.
Speaker 2: Well Will ferrell Ron Burgundy Ron burgundy sent one in. EXACTLY i need to Get Steven Wilson junior to do. One maybe maybe we can reach out to his reps and ask him if he could do a stat of the.
Speaker 7: Day yes, see we only use that for like the downer stat of the, days like the ones that kind of kind of make you cry.
Speaker 2: Where you're like to try as it once his when all, right we'll take a. Break he is, uh he's the man who revolutionized the shoe. INDUSTRY i think he should be in The Basketball hall Of fame as a. Contributor and he Signed Michael jordan to that Landmark nike. Deal Sonny butkaro's got a new. Book we'll talk to him coming up right after This Dan patrick.
Speaker 1: Show Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 12: Live, Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich david and together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports. Radio you could catch us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio. App why should you listen To covino And. Rich we talk about everything, life, sports, relationships what's going on in the. World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to. Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work.
Speaker 2: TOGETHER i mean that says, something.
Speaker 12: Right so check us. Out we like to get you involved, too take your phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 2: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 12: I'd say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on.
Speaker 12: Planetar be sure to check Out covino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four, pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search kovin On rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social media That's covino And.
Speaker 2: Rich Sonny vacaro has a. Book it's Called legends And, souls The memoir of An American. Original it's just been released available online wherever books are. SOLD a little background here On. SONNY i THINK i Met sonny in nineteen eighty. THREE i covered his basketball camp when it was In New jersey and it was also part of A tv show AT cnn With. Sonny we did a college basketball show and he was a great resource for me over the. Years WHENEVER i needed something set, straight or there was a rumor about a coaching, change somebody getting hired, FIRED i always went To, sonny And sonny would always if he knew something then he would tell me he'd set me. Straight and we've stayed in touch for whatever forty years, now and SO i knew that story about when he was Getting Michael. Jordan Michael jordan Was Mike jordan At North carolina and hit the shot that won the national title Against. Georgetown Now sonny's, Job sonny was trying to Grow. Nike nike was a running shoe, company And sonny went all. In Bob knight Saw Michael jordan and, said that guy's going to be the greatest basketball player of all. Time and you Had adidas And, converse who were the big shoe companies at the. Time adidas big shoe, company And converse had been established for quite some time prior to. That But sonny realized that they had a budget and he was, saying use the entire budget On Michael. Jordan so he goes To Phil, knight THE ceo Of, nike, says put all the money here on that. Guy i'm betting on that. Guy, Well sonny's had a lot of different lives in this. Business he got fired By, nike he went To, adidas he Signed kobe to his first shoe. Deal sonny, was you, know friends With kobe's, Dad, joe who played In, italy and then he went TO. Uh he was trying to Get. Lebron he thought he Had lebron and there's a great chapter in the book where their meeting In malibu and he thinks he's going to Sign Lebron james to his first, deal And sonny Tells lebron's mother it's going to be one hundred million dollar. Deal it's going to be a ten, year one hundred million dollar. Deal she starts crying like this is and then they go into the. Meeting sonny thinks he has one hundred million dollars to play with With Lebron, james and all of a sudden realizes That adidas is giving a certainly a lot less than that with some incentives in, there and you, know And sonny even, said you, know go go To. NIKE i can't help you. Here go get the better. Deal and he's also the guy who helped bring about, name image and likeness for athletes The ed O'Bannon, case And sonny was very integral in years trying to get that case heard against THE ncaa so players could get. Paid it's been a, long long, career crazy. Career sonny vccaro joins us on the. Program, sonny congratulations on the. Book really well.
Speaker 11: Done it's been SOMETHING i wanted to do all my life and postponed it because my life KEPT i was doing something. Else and then After obannon that really gave me the. Impetus how much more COULD i? Do AND i want to say. It i'm proud of. It i'm not afraid of, It, dan not afraid of. It all everything we said in, THERE i can back up with facts not.
Speaker 2: Fiction what's the story you say for the?
Speaker 11: BOOK i think the ending of my relationship With michael is much more powerful than the, beginning because the ending shows we just come back From europe on a ten day you, know travel, trip you, know Publicizing, michael you Know pam And, auer you know you saw the pictures and. Everything we come. Home they asked me to do one more thing for the signing With, michael you, know the autographs for THE nba and all that With Mijic, johnson THAT i go in for that, meeting and then three days, later after all, that that last you, know month of my life With, NIKE i get. BETRAYED i think that had to be. Told there was never told. Before they didn't, know you, know they didn't know that the story was already written for, me even WHEN i went To, europe even WHEN i did the last most important things THAT i could have done With.
Speaker 2: Jordan here's Where i'm, Confused, Sonny Phil, KNIGHT ceo Of, nike comes off really petty in the, book and it feels Like Mychael jordan turned his back on what was, real the real, story and you signing. Him but you do say in the book That michael said he doesn't have a problem with, you but he still could have spoken up and told the. Truth how much does it hurt with what feels Like Phil knight was trying to rewrite history.
Speaker 11: HERE i knew what was going to happen when he stoked his memoir in nineteen eighty, seven when he still he's still. Living that was a long time, ago and he stopped WHERE i got really involved With michael for all the things you'll read in a book that, hurt the lives that were, perpetrated you know by you, know you Know michael had no reason to do this except he had ONCE i was let. GO i, Mean michael AND i were closer THAN i am to anyone in that. World you know that the world would know that all the Athletes i've been, around and Including kobe and, whatever we we were actually together for seven years traveling the. World when you read the, book you know the opening Things michael hurt me because he didn't have to do. It and when you read when the chapter where he almost, left he almost, Left so it was that close THAT i was still involved With. Michael that Hurt raveling's just a bad human being who was my biggest you know hurt in the world because it was so, personal you, know it was personal and it turned out as life, continued you, KNOW i am able to say WHAT i said about, him you, know in a special chapter because he was. Deceitful he didn't Hurt Sonny. Vako he hurt the world that he lived in as far as dealing with athletes and being honest and being portrayed in other situations as being an honest. Person those three guys all had a different. Hurt But michael always had this affinity for because other than you, Know Levant, knight Olviously Levant, Raveling, nike you, Know nike was just a part of me And. Michael there were personal things in there that that you, know that airplane ride or he played gin for ten. HOURS i had MANY i. HAD i arranged his birthday party In Las. VEGAS i opened up the gates for him In Las, vegas you, know because he liked the golf and you, know do whatever else he, did but that was. Personal that one's still. PERSONAL i don't have the same you, know feelings For michael THAT i do For raveling And, night that's for. SURE i still you, know he he did great. Things it's a shame that he forgot where he.
Speaker 2: Started, Yeah George traveling was best man at your wedding and a friend for a long time former college, coach and went to work For. Nike uh after you were let go so uh and you wait till the very end of the, book and even there's some trepidation where we're even going to write About George raveling and your. Relationship but let me go back To Michael. Jordan we're talking To Sonny. Vicaro the book Is legends And, souls the memoir of An american, original available wherever books are. Sold what happens To nike If michael doesn't sign With, Nike jame.
Speaker 11: Said match, OVER i honestly believe. It there's no reason to be other than pretend That mike The nike would have been. Successful there was nothing on the agenda that was. Successful we were. There this was the last role of the, Dice, Dan this was they were going all in and they didn't know, It.
Speaker 2: But adidas would They what Would Mikey michael have done To.
Speaker 11: ADIDAS i don't think it ever would have happened the way it. Happened he still would have Been, michael but he's still with the other. Guys he'd have been camouflaged by. Them he never would have gotten this. Opportunity they're signing With nike and then us promoting, him and then we were the only show for. Him otherwise all the things From nike went right To. Jordan it wouldn't have happened to the. Dus they had great, players and so Did conference to defend him in some. Way they were stupid, now but they weren't that stupid in nineteen eighty. Four it was a business. Decision no, one Including SONNY i just knew he was the only one to bet the money on the other guys weren't worth it for whatever. Reason you, KNOW i go into. THAT i JUST i don't think And i'll look foolish baby to your. Audience and this isn't the. GRIEF i, mean it's just. Fact if you look at the, books you'll see that there was no money. Left that's. All what the hell are they going to? Do?
Speaker 2: YEAH i wonder what it would have done to the global shoe industry as.
Speaker 11: Well, well that's the best QUESTION i think we're to saw because none of the signings after that by the, athletes you, know getting, right the Seth curry to where we are today and all the girls now getting. That it would have taken time because no one was betting on one. Person there was no person that crossed over that, line not the financial, line the, black the white, line the media. Line we found a hero that was. Unbelievable then the commercials were. PERFECT i doubt if anybody Else Spike lee doesn't generate Towards michael the other guys like he would have he Did Michael Jordan's all the things happened like right in a, sequence like it was a story already written and it's at so fail. Pros none of, these none of these other companies would have done. IT i, MEAN i don't.
Speaker 2: Believe did you know That Nike michael was going to get fined when he wore the black and red shoes and he was told that he COULDN'T i KNEW i was a marketing ploy By. Nike, no, YEAH i.
Speaker 11: Knew, it you, know as quickly as anyway Except Robin. Peter they they've told me everything about, it AND i was. Erwin you Know rob's said we'll pay the. Fines, yeah that was that was a kick him. In he asked thing By Rob. Strausser they, said all, right we'll pay the dang, thing you, know the five thousand whatever it. Was and that to him and his personality, Said we're not, Stopping we're going all. In that's we did that all in thing a few times that you didn't see the. Movie and where you Know rob And, peter you know where the brains behind. THIS i, WAS i was the glue maybe.
Speaker 2: Whatever did you have the same feeling About lebron that you Did michael when you first saw, Him.
Speaker 11: No it was a whole. DIFFERENT i Saw lebron three years earlier Than. MICHAEL i knew him as a fifteen year. OLD i watched him WHEN i traveled To San francisco to see him personally when he. INVITED i was in his house as a, youngster not as a grown man in his. Twenties So, No, Lebron lebron And kobe were totally. Different and you know my. APPROACH i knew. Them kobe's going back to his parents And lebron going back to the, origins SO i knew these two kids were pretty. Good and mcgrady's the only other one THAT i had a sense of, appealing you, know because now the kids are, seventeen eighteen and, Nineteen i've got to make a. Decision michael was still twenty, two you. Know he was an older guy and played in The National, championship so he was a known. Commodity these kids.
Speaker 2: Weren't we're talking To Sonny. Vacera the new Book legends And, souls available wherever you buy your, books AND i want people to understand. This i've known you for a long, time over forty. Years your best accomplishment is Marrying. Pam but after, that you Signed, michael you Signed, kobe you nearly Signed. Lebron but then what you did With edobannon and taking on THE ncaa is really your legacy and should be your legacy because you paved the way with the help Of ed, O'Bannon FORMER ucla great to allow players to get. Paid you help usher in, name image and, likeness and not without a long. Fight, man you should be commended that you went to bat for him and that Ed ed trusted, you that you would represent him correctly so that that is a there's a lot of time devoted in the, book and rightfully, so because that is a landmark decision on your part and because of, THAT i DON'T i know. You i've known you a long long. Time you should be in The Basketball hall Of fame as a. Contributor you should be.
Speaker 13: Yeah and should never did. Anything what AM i going to tell? YOU i can't Control, OKAY i. WOULD i would love. To i'd like to go to work on. It i'd like to be able to just tell The i'd like to remind people of contributions to the, game global. Impact, coaches coaches got, paid players are now getting, paid high school, kids high schoo coaches like all of. That this is When Michael jordan should step, up And i'm being serious and write a letter to The Basketball hall Of fame saying that you should be in.
Speaker 11: THERE i appreciate what you're saying and what other people have. Said you, know it's hard for the person you're talking about the. Situation you're.
Speaker 2: Humble you don't have to say, anything But i'll leave it at. THAT i hope that there's some representation who can help you get in good to talk to. You congrats some on the.
Speaker 11: Book thank you, Sir thank you very, much And god bless you in the. Family AND i hope we have dinner and a Good italian dinner In New.
Speaker 2: York Sonny Vicaro legends And, souls the memoir of An american. Original it's just released inovailable online wherever books are. Sold imagine all of these coaches and players if they got together and signed a petition what he meant for them. CHANGE i, Mean michael alone wrote a letter and just Said sonny should be in The Basketball Basketball hall Of. Fame contributions to the. Game he changed college, basketball he Changed, nike he changed the shoe. Business now you might, say you, know it's THE cd, underworld and you know all of That i've heard from. People, LOOK i love the. Man i've known him for forty years and his Wife. Pam so when you think about contributions to the, game to the game of, basketball his name is front and. Center it really.
Speaker 5: Is all.
Speaker 2: Right we'll take a. Break some phone calls coming. Up the great Actor Woody. Harrelson his new Movie Last breath comes out. Today he'll join us coming up in about forty five minutes from. Now we're back after.
Speaker 1: This be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App getting towards spring time to start thinking about your, lawn and when you think about your, lawn you Think True. Green they'll take care of your. Lawn it's, affordable ensuring a satisfaction with their, guarantee and they'll match any competitors'. Price don't. Wait go to truegreen dot com. Today let the pros do all the. Work you get to sit back and enjoy the. Results exclusions. Apply seetruegreen dot com for. DETAILS i brought this up at the start of the week as we were heading into the combine with Cam ward And Shador sanders opting knock to. THROW i, said this is a great opportunity For Jackson dart out Of mississippi to be the. Star Peter schrager OF Nfl network just sent out a Tweet Jackson dart aced his media session as he has every interview this. Week he's got a real chance to stand out On. Saturday. YEAH i think he's first round, talent and in a draft like this where it's top heavy with Cam Warden Shador. Sanders Jackson dart might be a late first round, pick or at least that's the feeling THAT i. Get, Yes, paul possible red.
Speaker 6: FLAG i just watched The Jackson Dart combine interview at his podium hat. Backwards oh my, GOSH i think that's a. Bonus, ACTUALLY i don't. Know Matthew stafford was a hat backwards.
Speaker 2: GUY i, KNOW i. Know don't Let Colin cowherd see. This colin will probably spend a segment on at back. Backwards great hair, Though, YES i wouldn't wear a hat by a hair like. That he's got some moss in the back. FLOWING i like. It we have a bonus filling the blank today that has to do With Steph. Curry so Bonus Steph. Curry is it All Steph? Curry or is it other filling the? BLANKERS a couple of other topics just that are a little. Timely oh, OH i can't wait for next? Week, okay all, right you? Ready Steph curry is Blank todd ridiculous seatan Elite marvin got what does that? Mean like the greatest shoot, ever greatest of all, time gates of all. Time this week but it's he's not the greatest of. All he's the greatest shooter of all. Time he's the goat at. Something so he used to go go, shot go, shot don't go. Shot There's Steph, curry go. Shot, Uh Steph curry is, Blank paul. Underrated the most entertaining sports athlete in the last twenty years Is Blank. Todd i'm gonna Go steph recency, bias, Seating.
Speaker 14: Christiano, Ronaldo, Oh, Marvin Mike, Trout, oh will you, stop, guys Stop Paul steph by a.
Speaker 2: Mile, Yeah Travis kelcey returning to The chiefs for another, year Is Blank todd? Understandable seatan? Cool? Marvin, Sorry paul a. Mistake i'm gonna say. ADORABLE i. Don't it's the first word that came to. Mine it's. Adorable The Cleveland browns Should Blank todd, Rebuild seatan trade He marvin. Quit, no they can't quit as a.
Speaker 3: Franchise quit just.
Speaker 2: Quit they, Did paul trade? Everything, yeah, WELL i would Trade Miles garrett.
Speaker 14: All.
Speaker 2: Right it Was august of twenty. Fourteen Steph curry was on the. Show we talked about a variety of, things including who is a better offensive, player You Steph curry Or Lebron james.
Speaker 5: Better offensive? Player me Or. Lebron that's the first Time i've ever been asked that. Question, Me, okay you gotta be.
Speaker 2: Right, WELL i don't. KNOW i would assume you would think that you're you're a pure. Shooter he can, score you can, Too BUT i, think if you know what the correct answer, is Probably lebron is a better. Scorer BUT i think you're the better. Shooter so if how's, That, YEAH i don't, know.
Speaker 5: Because he, uh you, know he obviously demands a lot of attention on the. Floor BUT i like to SAY i can, distribute you, know get get my teammates.
Speaker 2: Involved and what about just putting points out as? Well what about? Points what IF i, said you go out and score as many as you want in the, game And lebron goes, out who scores?
Speaker 5: MORE i like to say myself would help me that. Situation IF i get a double, TEAM i can hopefully shoot from farther. Out and.
Speaker 2: That got a lot of reaction at the. Time now that's before his FIRST mvp or HIS, mvp and you, know that's almost eleven years ago that he said, that and he's, saying, HEY i might be known as a. Shooter i'm a. SCORER i Think lebron is the, Score steph is the. SHOOTER i mean that that's. Obvious but to DO i mean it's really really rarefied air what they, do both of. Them lebron's still doing it at a very high. Level and what is he four years older Than steph and he's asked to do more all around with his team Than steph. Is but just to Watch, steph you, know that's one of those where you should have A steph cam where you just have maybe ground, level where you just have the camera on him all, time because you'll realize how much energy it takes to do what he. Does and if you have the camera on, him you'll see how he's moving, about constantly. Moving it's really easy to guard somebody when they. Stand how ABOUT i put a camera On Steph curry and you just get an idea of what it's like changing. Lanes you, know he's on a highway just changing. Lanes, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 3: And the difference between him and the other great shooters is he just wasn't a catch and shoot. Guy his handle is completely. Underrated he can shoot it off the. Dribble he can shoot it any way you want.
Speaker 2: It, YEAH i. Agree two hours in the, books it's a Meat. Friday Woody, Harrelson, yes his first name Is woody Woodrow. Hill john is coming, up his new movie coming. Out more Of Your Phone calls is well final hour right after this