Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The roller coaster of an NFL season is moving by the long and it promises to be a month full of tricks, treats, and of course, touchdowns. And Draft Kings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NFL is the number one place to always bet touchdowns, running it in from the one or an eighty yard bomb. We don't care how they score them. We want to bet them. DraftKings hurt us and is delivering. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it simple. Bet on a player scoring a touchdown. Go to DraftKings dot com and DraftKings Sportsbooks app.
Speaker 1: Make your pick.
Speaker 2: Here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. Bet five that's it. Bet five bucks, get two hundred instantly in bonus bets. Draftking the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download their app takes ninety seconds. The code is Colin col I n use the code Colin. Bet five bucks get two hundred bonus bets instantly only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours gambling problem.
Speaker 3: Call one eight hundred Gambler in New York Call eight seven seven eight open wire text ope and WY four six, seven, three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction void and Ontario Bonus Betzkspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance four additional terms or responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash ft ball.
Speaker 2: All right, I predicted last week the league would have a separation. Best quarterbacks would win Week six going forward in most cases, and the best quarterbacks last week went fourteen and er I went three and one on my picks. I had the Jets with the points, but the Bills winning. I just needed the Jets to make an occasional field goal. Is that too much to ask? The Action Network CEO Chad Milman, my friend. All odds provided by DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always feel like defensive players get hurt statistically more often than offensive players. That's where more the violences. Defenses get weaker over time. Quarterbacks pull away from the league, and once again, I think this is the second strongest week I think I've seen so far this year, so I'm excited about this. I think there's clear distinction in some of these games, and as you know, I don't have to like a team to like them for a week. I don't like the Jaguars, but I think the staff is fighting for its life. It's also number five. You know I'm into number five. I'm sorry, I know sevens. The lucky number five is mine a team that regularly plays in London, a New England team that's limited and actually Trevor Lawrence has not played poorly the last couple of weeks. If it's five, I take the favorite. Last week four and five the Packers was my favorite bet. The game was over eight minutes in probably not sharp, but I love it. Sharper square.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're playing some kind of game of numerology and an astrolig and like I don't like don't I don't like bad quarterbacks. I like good quarterbacks. I like the number five. I don't sign don't like the number seven when the zodiac sign says mercury. Because in retrograde, I'm definitely going with the team from Jacksonville. If they're playing in London. Yes, this actually is the sharp side, and it's because some of what you said, but it's also the Jags have been in London favorite historically. Yeah, thirty five and ten in London, I mean the just winning outright, thirty five and ten in London, some like thirty and fifteen against the spread. It's like it's the right side. It's the nominally better team in a more desperate situation. So yes, it's I mean most wise, guys are like, I'm not really planning I even watching this game. I'm going to sleep in. But if they're gonna bet, they're gonna bet the Jaguars. You just the Jets. And it made me think of a funny story because that game was so disgusting. The night before the game, if you were betting the Giants at plus three and a half, was also terrible because they were winning. They had won that game like they were the better team. They had Stemy Joe Burrow, they missed field goals. At the end of the game. It was clear they were going to lose because something funky was going to happen. The Bengals weren't just going to lay down at ten to seven. They were going to do something that sort of recapped the Giants. I'm watching this game, and I feel like you'll appreciate this. It's eleven o'clock at night. I'm watching the game in bed. My wife is sent me, sleeping next to me, and she starts she says something to me, and I'm like, I can't understand what you're saying. What are you saying? And she starts talking to me about something that has nothing to do with anything, that is a total non sequit or to the day, the weekend, everything, And I go, I can we just not talk about this right now, like we don't need to have this conversation in this second. She goes, that's fine. I understand. My feeling right now is you're probably going to lose this game and you're going to wake up in the morning and people are on Twitter. I'm just going to tell you you're stupid. And then she rolled over and she went back to bed. That's what they do, by the way. She was right, Yeah, I felt like you would appreciate every single element to that.
Speaker 2: So that was one of my blazing five picks, and for the first or second time in my career, I pulled it off. The blazing five, when Malik Neighbors was not available, I pulled it out. I almost inserted the Bears. My staff knew I loved that game. I didn't, so I finished three and one. Here's my favorite pick of the week, and it again. You I have a rule. When a good team plays a perfect game and it's the game of the week and it's flawless pro college, you don't duplicate that. We've seen that multiple times this year. Minnesota off of by Detroit off the perfect football game, No thank you. I'll lay the points Vikings now minus one one and a half sharper square.
Speaker 1: So it's square. What's really interesting here is and you know me and me and my co host Salmon Hunter talked about this on the Favorites. He's a professional better and a lot of times what professional betters do, they will manipulate the market. So this game was at Minnesota minus one, minus one and a half or during the week it went up to two, it went up to two and a half, and then as soon as it got to two and a half, the professional betters started betting Detroit again. It went back down to two, it went back down to one and a half. So there's a philosophy. There's a theory right now that the professional betters early in the week were betting small amounts of money to bet this game up a little bit so they could come in later in the week when the books take bigger dollar amounts and bet the Detroit Lions much much heavier. Right, The Lions, to me, are the right side. I think there's a difference between teams that are playing perfect games and teams that are fundamentally as close to perf as you can get. And I like to bet looking inside out. I like to bet offensive line first, and the offensive line for the Detroit Lions is just dominant. They are. And I think the past few weeks, and we talked about this last week with the Lions and the Cowboys, they have figured out how to play physical, violent football. They've gotten out of the way of sort of trying to figure out if Jared Goff going to win its the game. No, the offensive line is going to wins the game. Running the ball is going to win us the game. Jared Goff will then perform off of those situations that we have set up for him. So offensively, I think this is a much better team. And I do think Jared Goff and Ben Johnson will know how to scheme against Brian Flores, whose defense has been great, and the offensive line will protect against the pass rush that Flores has been great at generating. The worst unit on this field is going to be the Vikings offense. So if there is any diminished performance from the Lions because of Aden Hutchinson, I do think it's somewhat mitigated by the fact they're not playing a lights out offense and we're all looking to sell the Vikings. We're trying to figure it out, right, when are we going to sell the Vikings? A lot of wise guys think this is the week.
Speaker 2: Okay, I on Monday on the Herd on FS one and iHeartRadio, I said I'm taking the Rams at five. The line will move up dramatically. It's the rare mistake by Vegas McVeigh Stafford off of buy. They're getting healthier. The Raiders made a true trade for getting rid of Devonte Adams, so it makes it even tastier. But I think Devonte Adams leaving sends a real message. The Max Crosby rumors don't help. They're saying he won't be traded. But it's not a great locker room right now, and the Raiders are not a team that needs to win because they're not going to. It's a distracted team with bad mojo. The Rams now need to go on a street. They're healthier, better coach, better quarterback. In fact, it's the biggest coach quarterback mismatch on the board this week. I have it at minus five sharper square.
Speaker 1: If you have it at five, that is incredible and it's sharp, and you should hold on to that like it's a cuddly teddy bear, because that line does not exist like it's at six and a half in most places. So if you can get a five, or if you have a five, if you can book a five, take the five at six and a half. It's not a number that I would want to really lean into for the Rams. The truth is, if at six and a half, I might even lean Raiders. I agree with you about Stafford and McVeigh. Nobody really trusts Aidan O'Connell. But the line bumped up for two reasons. One expectation that Cooper Cup might come back. They did think he could come back in week seven, and because the Raiders got blown out by the Steelers. But if you look at that box score, that game was close. It was seven to six at the end of the first half. It was twelve seven when and then three consecutive series is fluky. Things happened to give the Steelers a huge lead, and even then the Raiders had opportunities to come back, and they were called back for penalties. They fumbled on the one yard line after they had scored a touchdown that was called back. So the game was closer than the score of peer. So I think six and a half is too much. Seattle plus a field goal and Atlanta is interesting. The Seahawks are getting healthy. I know you have a luck rating, and the Saints were called unlucky. I do think Atlanta's had a few breaks go their way and they're a tad overvalued. I think they win their division, but I actually think even the game against Tampa Bay that they won in overtime, I kind of felt most of the game Tampa was better and has a higher ceiling. I kind of like Seattle in the spot. They've been a funky mess defensively and you think they're not very good. Now they're finally getting their best defenders back and Gino Smith. Atlanta has no pass rush. They have really good receivers. I like Seattle in the points sharper square ish at two and a half, the wise guys are playing the Falcons. At three, they might play Seattle, they won't play Atlanta. They were kind of hoping it would get to three and a half so they could play Atlanta if they like Seattle. It's because of everything you just said to getting a little bit healthier. Atlanta can generate a pass rush. The Falcons could just as easily be zero to six right now, right And we talked about this last week. The games they have won. Three games that they won, they had a five percent chance to win those games, sometimes with less than thirty seconds left, and they still won those games. So there has been a lot of sort of luck involved in their season so far. So that is due. They are due for aggression there, even last week against the Panthers, like until Andy Dalton threw that pick yes right into his territory and then the Falcons went on an e four yard drive. The Panthers were running all over them, and they had a chance to be very close in that game, if not win it out right, So it's a it's a This is a number play entirely two and a half Atlanta three or more Seattle Okay.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite bets of the week, and it was before Devonte Adams. I'll take the Jets minus one and a half. The Steelers are a mess. They don't even know who their quarterback is. I think the Jets are an excellent two and four team if they could kick field goals.
Speaker 1: Think about this.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for Taylor rap making two remarkable plays at safety jarring the ball loose, and if it wasn't for Tarron Johnson making honestly and ed Reid level interception like one of the great plays of the year, Jets win that game. Aaron played well, they ran the ball. They had seventy two percent motion twenty five percent with Mat Hackett the week before. I think the Jets are a really really un valued two four team. Their high profile the game is stand alone. You think they're no good. They really should have beaten the Bills. Sharper square totally sharp. They like it for everything you just said. The reason they really like it.
Speaker 1: Is because the indications are Russell Wilson will be the starting quarterback and you can't find anybody who really understands the logic in that call, unless it's just Mike Tomlin living up to a promise that he gave to Russell Wilson that he would be a starting quarterback, he really shouldn't be. And now you're getting Russell Wilson at a time where they've already lost their right guard, James Daniels, who was graded as the best guard in the NFL before his achilles was injured, and then last week they lost Zach Fraser, who was greater as the fourth best center according to Pro Football Focus in the NFL, which is one of the reasons why their running game had been so powerful and they could get away with justin fields not being very good. So now you're getting rid of two of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. That is the strength of your team, and you're putting in a quarterback who is not nearly as mobile, yet he's going to have more pressure because the strength of the Jets defense is the interior of their defensive line. So forget about Aaron Rodgers, forget about DeVante Adams. The reason why professional betters are leaning the Jets is because of those interior factors. And again those are the things that don't get as discussed in sort of the larger platforms. But that's what the betters are looking at. It's what's happening at the center of the Steelers line and who the quarterback is going to be much more than Devanta Adams. And you've seen this number go up even though the majority of the bets have actually come in on the Steelers, but the money the professionals have come in on the Jets.
Speaker 2: So I never bet against Lamar Jackson in the NFC, but at three and a half points, I do like Tampa at home. I think Tampa may be the most underrated team in the league. I mean Baker Mayfield, he'll give Little Wiggle fourteen of us fifteen touchdowns from the pocket. He and Chris Godwin are humming. They have a three pronged run game, Tucker, Bucky, Irving White like three legitimate running backs. And that is a team that even in games they've lost, you look up and think, oh, this this is probably the better team. If I get the hook, I'm taking Tampa here. Also, Ravens have been back to back very emotional games. I think you know they always beat the NFC, but sharper square, I'd go I'd go the hook in Tampa.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent sharp and this was this line opened at four and a half. What's really interesting is you talked about sort of the performance of the public last week by saying, betting on the better quarterback. Right, last week, the public went ten three and one. The public in the five weeks prior had had the worst start of the season it had ever had. And just for clarity, when I talk about the public, I mean amateur betters who tend to bet favorites and tend to bet the favorites to cover. Right, So you're talking about teams like the Ravens or the Chiefs or you know, in this case last week, the Lions. Normally the public does not win. So the public is all over the Ravens this week. And when that happens, bookmakers, when the public really cashes in, bookmakers know amateur betters are fat and happy. They're going to take the money they won the week before. They are going to go to the sports book. They are going to bet the favorites again because hey, I just want how hard can this be? I just won betting the Ravens to win by a touchdown against the Commanders, and they did it. So now they're going to come back and you can see, like the Bucks game, it opened at four and a half, it immediately got that down to three and a half. That's because the wise guys came in on the Bucks and they still like the Bucks. Baker's the key here. What Baker can do thrown across the middle to god Win and Mike Evans hope because he did have a little bit of a soft tissue injury and so there is some concern he might not play, but assuming he will, what Baker can do across the field in middle of the field against a coverage unit in the Ravens that is bottom third in the league and a pass defense that is giving up the second most passing yards per game in the NFL. The only team horse is the Jaguars. This is a recipe for Baker to keep this game close. Or Colin, it's a recipe for Baker to break our heart with an interception when the team is down by ten and we need him to score a touchdown to cover the back door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's done both. Let's talk about something really really important. If you're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan. It's America's largest injury law firm and they are there for you. Over one hundred offices nationwide. Think about that, more than one thousand lawyers with over twenty billion. That's a B twenty billion dollars recovered for over five hundred thousand clients. Things happen in life unexpectedly. Submitting an injury claim with Morgan and Morgan is really really easy. Like winning in the NFL is hard. We know that quarterbacking in the NFL is hard, submitting a claim is easy. You're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan. Their fee is free unless they win. For more information, go to for the people dot com, slash Colin or dial pound law from your cell phone. Pretty easy. That's for the people dot com slash Colin or pound law pound five to nine from your cell Morgan and Morgan has a proven track record of fighting for you to get a full and fair compensation if there's an unexpected accident in your life. This is a paid advertisement. There's always a game. I want your I feel mildly interested, but I want your conviction and your insight. The last the only time the Texans have really played this year was when they traveled north and face Minnesota and it was a lot of Brian Flores and c. J. Stroud acknowledging I don't even know what I saw. I like Green Bay, I've never loved their defense. Texans getting three. I've got Joe Mixon back a run component. I want your opinion on this, Like it's telling me to bet Texans, but I think Jordan Love is such a special player. But Demiko Ryans could do a Brian Flores to Jordan Love like Flores did to C. J. Stroud. Tell me that Texans is the right side.
Speaker 1: It's not. This is one of those number plays. There's plenty of places where you can get the Packers at minus two and a half, and the wise guys are betting the Packers at two and a half. And what really tells you the wise guys are betting the Packers at two and a half is the way the money is split. Again, public is all over the Texas. You can see that the money is coming in on the Packers, and that's what's fascinating here. So it's a really hard game, and there's been a huge debate in the professional betting community about which is the right side. But if you're getting the Packers at two and a half, people want to make that The professionals want to make that bet.
Speaker 2: What's the game I'm missing? It's usually egregiously uncomfortable to watch. It's a corner of a corner TV game. What is it?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a little surprised we didn't talk about the Chiefs and the Niners at all.
Speaker 2: I will not bet against Andy Reid off of bye. My heart tells me the Niners are eventually going to win one of these games. Brock Purty is actually today playing better than Mahomes, So my gut is the Niners are the side. But betting against Andy Reid off a bye is like these days betting against Otani with men on base. I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only that, betting against Patrick Mahomes as an underdog.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's like ten and three or something.
Speaker 1: It's it's ridiculous. So I'm glad. I'm glad because the answer would be the there is no answer, and it's what you just said. It's a heart and a head game. In your head, it's like the Super Bowl last year. In your head, the Niners have the better roster. The Niners should win this game outright, But Patrick Mahomes some like you make your own luck, right, even this year, they've been lucky in so many spots, and you have to say to yourself, of course this is going to end. It can't continue to be this way. But it's Patrick Mahomes who finds a way to get out of the pocket, find Travis Kelcey in his zone. When Travis Kelcey hasn't caught two passes the entire game. All of a sudden, the last drive they need a field goal, they're driving down the field, they get the field goal. Quirky things happen. So it's a really hard game, Like people don't want to really invest in this game. I mean I almost like I'm sick to my stomach telling you this. But the Wise guys are all over the browns now plum. Yeah, plus five and a half against the Bengals. Oh, I know, I know, Oh Crows. I mean they just traded to Marii Cooper. Well, look, so what happened was this line was at five and a half and the Wise guys were already trending towards the Brown.
Speaker 2: Now this is at Cleveland getting five and a half against Cincinnati and burrough.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so when Mark Cooper was traded Tuesday afternoon, this line immediately shot up to six and a half. Do you know who's not worth a point against the point spread? Amari Cooper. Do you know who else isn't worth a point against the point spread? Aiden Hutchinson. There is nobody in the NFL who is worth a point against this point spread unless it's a quarterback. Anyone else is a half a point. That's it, Amari Cooper. The Browns should get points back for trading Amari Cooper. That's how the wise guys look at this. So they bought the Browns at six and a half, they bought the Browns again at six. It's back down to five and a half. There's a lot of stuff that they like about betting the Browns. The Browns have not had an offensive line that was healthy this entire year. This weekend, they should be getting Jack Conklin back. That's huge for their offensive line. Nick Chubb should be back. I'm not saying Nick Chubb makes them a much more superior team, but it does give them an opportunity to start playing a little bit more like Kevin Stefanski wants to play these games and take the ball out of de Shaun Watson's hands. At the very least, maybe Deshaun Watson won't be staring at the pass rush because he won't be so afraid because Jack Conklin is playing again. So I do like that that is happening. There's some good health things on the offense side of the ball, and their defense is getting healthier too. And you got a top five pass rush defense, you got Miles Garrett in a divisional game. In this situation with the Bengals team, that still isn't that good, right? They shouldn't be a five and a half point favorite. It's terrible. You don't want to bet the bad quarterback against one of the best quarterbacks. I'm not asking you to do it. I'm just telling you what the professionals are doing.
Speaker 2: So are you saying the wise guys like Kansas City plus one and a half against San Francisco completely split?
Speaker 1: It is like you have the guys who are just like you who refuse to bet against Patrick Mahomes. In fact, they would rather take their shot and bet on Patrick Mahomes. They don't want to be watching the end of the game and seeing Patrick Mahomes have the ball and know they should have bet on him and have not bet on him. But but what's been interesting is the Chiefs are a very public road underdog that is not a great situation to be on the side of. If you're a professional, if you're a better right, you want to be against the public in most situations. This number has been kind of staying at one and a half, which tells you that the wise guys have been coming in in on the Niners. So if they're closing their eyes looking at rosters, looking at data, they're betting the Niners. If they're eyes wide open seeing who's on the field, they're betting the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Chad Millman, Sharper Square, CEO, Action Network. All odds provided by DraftKings. As always, my friend, thank you, great to see you buddy the volume. Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment, rate and review.