Speaker 1: The balls are bad, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports books. It's me, Joey p Joe Pizzapia. That is Mike Mayer, and of course it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. Watching on our YouTube channel at Fantasy Pros MLB and listening to the podcast wherever you get your pods. And today we're gonna recrap the stat heroes and the stat zero's. We're gonna talk about a draft pick that was very high not that long ago. In the draft. It looks like me you might be pitching an independent league baseball. We shall see Chris Bassett's complaining about Baseball's a lot to unpack today, and yes, I'm still stone cold when it comes to home run calls. Mike Mayor, welcome to the show. It's good to have you back, my friend.
Speaker 2: It's great to be here. You know, we've talked a little bit before the show in the comments and everything. I've been under the weather for a little while, but you know, I'm one of Joe's tough guys, so I'm going to power through and you know, we'll see, we'll see how often I have to use the mute button to cough for the show.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know the over unders at two and a half, so we'll see if at MGM, if they've got that, and if you want to bet on that, use that promo code leading off, that's where you can. All right, let's kick things off here right at the top with our headlines, and we're gonna start here with some good news. We got good news for the headlines, which is nice thing for a change. Sometimes we start with the negative. But Williadamas four for five, two home runs, seven ribbies yesterday Mayor. This is one of the three guys I was trying to choose between. Did not pick Williadamas. I'm mad. Mike Trout blasts a two run homer. He is on fire to start the year. Patrick Sandobal pitching that game nine innings, excuse me, nine k's over seven Squirrels settings, pardon me. Wilmer Flores continues to be hot, three run homer for him in the middle of that Giant's order, and Carlos Rodin for the Giants strikes out nine in a win over the A's Carlos Rodin continues to make his pitch for cy Young. It feels like, right now, if you were smart, you would at least throw a little sprinkle, as they will maybe on the Carlos Rodan odds for Cy Young because I feel like it's worth it at this point. I understand the risk. I think we all do, but I think we also have to realize the reward is a certain point too, as long as he continues to be as dominant as been. So what do you make personally so far of Rodin's continued greatness to start the year.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I think not a lot has changed, right because, like we saw this at the beginning of last season too, the question is going to be and it's almost like the Byron Buxton question too, like we've seen the ceiling, but how is it going to look throughout the rest of the summer? And last year we saw like his shoulder fell off in the summer and then he came back and looked fine in the playoffs. But you know, the early success isn't what we were worried about. We kind of all assumed he could get back to that, especially with a little bit of like sprinkling in some giants magic on Carlos done, but like, what where's the longevity? That's you know, it's too early for the victory lap there because we have to see how he holds up.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you had to guess right now, what do you think is cy young odds are I'm looking at Fandel right now. What they are.
Speaker 2: Plus? Come on, eighteen plus eighteen hundred lower.
Speaker 1: You're not even close to how low they are right.
Speaker 2: Now, seventeen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Don't go all prices right on me lower, it's way lower.
Speaker 2: Plus twelve hundred five fifty.
Speaker 1: It's five to one already for Carls, we're done. I'm telling you, if you want in on this, then that you might be right. But what's fascinating is right now you got Burns, Sures or Carls were done all five and a half to one right now, that's your odds on FanDuel. I can look and see what they are a bit at GM's a couple other places. But I thought that was just fascinating because I had Fandel up right now. I clicked over on it. So I'm just terrified if actually, if the Shures are odds start to fall behind Rodin. That's when we start investing in sures or I just want to throw that out there. That would be the time to do that, for sure. Let's get to some more headlines. Let's talk about Anthony Rizzo first career three home run games. So Anthony Rizzo, that left handed bat that the Yankees so desperately need. It would have been nice if carlos standing in a home run. I would have appreciated that. Eric Hosmer homers and reaches base four times for the Reds and George Springer, congratulations, HiT's his two hundredth home run, a two run shot in the ninth. So what do you make of Eric Cosmer or another guy here Mayor that's got a relatively good start. Osmer, once upon a time was supposed to I feel like be more of the perennial All Star. I feel like Cosmer is a nice player. He's got a really good start this year. Do you take anything away from the hot April or do you think this is just a good Hosmer month and then he falls back to kind of being that barely above league average type hitter the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: The latter this is just a hot Hosmer month that I'm not really interested. I do have some thoughts on Anthony Rizzo's three home runs, though.
Speaker 1: Well please share. I'm with batd breath waiting.
Speaker 2: So I like our Kurk Krasmer, I like Anthony Rizzo, but like I could not be more unimpressed with those three home runs last night Byron Buxton hit a home run like five hundred feet, like a walk off home run five hundred feet the other day. I don't know that Rizzo's three home runs combined went five hundred feet last night. And that joke of a ballpark that just like popped up and like like that one Yankee Stadium is such a there's three three biggest jokes in baseball right now. Is Angel Hernandez whatever they're doing with the baseballs, and then Yankee Stadium. That right field porch in Yankee Stadium is so infuriating because even down the line it is this three hundred and fourteen feet. I don't even know that it's three hundred fourteen feet. I think it's like two hundred and seventy five feet.
Speaker 1: Though, all right, I see here we got a nice note from the Nikingses. I just want to sit at my kids' baseball games and place MLB wagers, and the Niking right now is doing pretty well. He was leading at the top of the whole run board going in to last night. But I don't know who had Rizzo. We'll find out later in the show. A couple of people I think did some injury notes to get to Mandacy left with a knee. He is out today, but they are I guess encouraged is the word that they're using. So it's not a surprise that he's not in the lineup. He's got some knee discomfort. We'll see how things go with him. And then also Philadelphia's Bryce Harper, you know, was trying to play catch. He's having some problem with the elbow. It doesn't hurt to hit. He's hitting just fine. He's hitting the ball everywhere. It's not great, but he did have a pretty good hit lot. I mean, I watched him taking that back yesterday. It looked great. But it seems to be over the top where he's having trouble throwing the ball, So I guess, you know, we'll keep an eye on that. But it's some things to certainly keep an eye on and be aware of because this is the beauty of the DH in the National League? Is hey Arper still in the lineup? You know, miss him? Hooray for the designated hitter? See all right, take the story.
Speaker 2: Is there, right, because if they didn't have a DHM, he's probably not in the lineup right now.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're one hundred percent right. So it's again another good reason and why the DH of the National League is a good thing. Let's talk about this. Can we talk about Chris Bassett and his thoughts after the game of why so many players are getting hit in the head? He said MLB and I'm quoting Chris Bassett. Now, MLB has a very big problem with the baseballs. They're bad. Everyone knows it. They don't care. So Chris Bassett does not care about your feelings, Major League Baseball, Rob Manford, Chris Bassett doesn't care. So obviously, the guys and the pictures know the pictures no more than anybody what the baseballs are every year. So what do you think you're gonna take out of this in terms of fantasy, mayor, because you know, from a fantasy perspective, we've seen, you know, a lot of guys getting hit. Getting hit leads to injuries. Potentially, it's a little dangerous situation. Also, lack of control leads to some guys who don't have a good feel for the baseball. Right now, we're struggling a little bit. We see Garrett Cole who's got the stuff back on his jersey now on his pants and he's wiping his hands on his pants to get better control and seems to be working. So I don't know, this is a tough situation. Why do the balls change every year? It seems like Mary, this doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the great question. And like the fact that Major League Baseball has just like not only like failed to address it, but it's just like pretended that the issue doesn't exist. Like they went so far as to like buy the company that was making the baseballs just to keep a secret. They're like, we're not changing the baseballs, and like, well maybe they changed a little bit by accident. And then like you know, they're super balls and like this year they're deadened and they're all they're slick, and like all these pictures are getting blisters and everyone's having trouble with control, like Chris bats It's right, this is a joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lack of acknowledgment, which is really stunning at the end of the day, Like that's that's the whole thing. It's the lack of acknowledgement. You're right where, you know. Not only do they not say anything about it. When they're pressed directly, they're like, what baseballs? What do you talk? We don't we use baseballs to play this game. I have no idea what's going on there, but uh, it's someone's gonna get hurt, and it's I hope it doesn't come to that. But obviously, you know, we've seen a lot of guys getting plunked already, and I understand that it's still early and guys are still finding their control and all these other things. But at the same time, I think what Bassett saying needs to be listened to, and Major League Baseball needs to figure this out. I know they're using the human doors and other things, so I don't know if that's just affecting the ball, But man, look, live baseballs are good for baseball. Please? Can we have home runs? Can we have baseballs that the pitchers feel good about and that the hitters feel good about. I don't think it's too much to ask for. Also, just be right, just be transparent, all right, this is a fun little note. So Kamar Rocker, remember him, prospect, big time prospect. The Mets of course drafted him just last year, right it was it was last year's draft, I believe, and he decided that he I should say, the medicals decided that the Mets really didn't want to be part of him. And then all went back and forth, and now he is going to play in the independent league apparently over the next couple of weeks. So if you're in a deep dynasty league, do you add Kamar Rocker because chances are in playofforms like fan tracks he's available, would you kind of stashed and see if he gets signed here this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, depending on like the size of your roster. I think in a lot of dynasty leagues that you might be like prevented from picking him up because he's you know, it's tricky because like I know, in like my dynasty leagues, you can't pick up rookies before the draft. But like he technically was drafted last year.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say he was draft. That's that's an interesting little wrinkle because Rocke was drafted last year by the Mets, did not sign, so technically he can't go back into the draft. Technically he's a free agent, so he should be a free agent in your dynasty league's by that logic, which I know everybody wants to throw the logic at. I think it's a sneaky thing. Now, keep this in mind. He never had surgery for the elbow. It was troublesome, so it's a risk. But if you can, might be an interesting stash. Just saying, let's get to some stat heroes from yesterday. Logan Gilbert, my dude, seven k's yesterday five and two thirds went over the Rays. His era's point four zero. Right now, that's stunning, and he's undefeated three and zero. We mentioned Sandoval's nine k's against the Guardians or else for Don nine k's and six innings. Chris Bassett was tremendous. What an addition he's been for that mexpvictation despite the balls he's I don't know, if I'm Chris Bassett, maybe I keep my mouth shut. He nowhere and runs six k's as era is what like to something right now? It's crazy. Chris Paddick had a good start, no decision six, k's one walk, five and two thirds. We've been waiting for Paddock for a long time. I know he's on a lot of waiver wires. Is he somebody you would pick up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, why because he's not too much of a bad oh well good?
Speaker 2: I just don't think. I think how much of the.
Speaker 1: Change of scenery mayor or maybe a new voice to his head. Maybe he could be because he was good once upon a time. Let's not pretend like he's never had success at major league level, because he has.
Speaker 2: He has. I think he's always been a little bit overrated, and I don't think that his ceiling, like potential ceiling, is worth the risk for him. I think there's better players with more's, you know, like strikeout upside.
Speaker 1: All right. Also, Walkie Penguin says that she wrote a an update about Kamar Rocker today, which is the first time she learned that he is not John Rocker's kid.
Speaker 2: So there, that was a fun time in baseball. That John Rocker era was a really fun time in basis.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, talk about batteries being thrown and stuff. That that lunatic, What a crazy guy that was. Max Freed four k's in a win over the cub six innings for him. Daniel Lynch seven k's and a win over the White Sox eleven shutout innings over the last two starts, but allowing six earned runs his first start. So Daniel Lynch might be another one of these guys floating around the waiver wire with a You know, the era's down to three three eight already, but that's a guy you might want to pick up if your need some helping some your pitching staff, potentially. Kevin Gossman nine ks, six innings for him, Josiah Gray ten k's and a huge performance there for him, ten k's just five and two thirds for the Marlin. Sandy al Contra five k's, three walks. Not the best start for him. You don't like to see the walks, but still is e race. It's at one seven eight, and Zach Efflin got w over the Rockies. Let's talk about Josiah Gray, mayor another one of these young pitchers. He was the guy who was acquired in that trade with the Dodgers last year. I have no shares of Gray. Do you have any investments in him? And how long do you think he can keep this up because you know, the four era for rookie is not a terrible number. It's a little inflated typically because they tend not to go six seven innings. So that's the only trick with this. I feel like it's better in points leagues than it is in rodo because of that that tempered innings limits always going to inflate artificially. The whip and era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a ton of shares. I have him in keeper and multiple dynasty leagues. And you mentioned like Daniel Lynch and then Josiah Gray. I'm way more in on Josiah Gray than Daniel Lynch in both keeper and redraft for this year. And the innings are gonna be a little a little bit of a concern, but I think he's gonna be fine innings wise. You know, I forget how many he threw last year, but he was you know, he was up at the end of last year too, and I had shares then, And I mean, like you said, he was in the tre Treya Turner deal. Like he's you know, he was like a top prospecting in a really good Dodgers farm system, right, and you know he's not a Noboddy He's a highly talented guy, and you know you're seeing the potential there, and I think this is the beginning of his potential. You know, you're seeing the big strikeout numbers, you're seeing some of the up and down kind of like earned run things. But like I'm I'm way in on Josiah Gray and I am pretty out on Daniel Lynch.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go out on Lynch, in on Gray, Mike Mahras. Spoken, ladies and gentlemen, here's some stat hero hitters besides Rizzo, Joey Gallo hit a home run first of the season. Congratulation Again, everybody hit home runs for the ach He's except my guy who I picked Gross two for four, Anthony Rendon the double, two doubles for him by Trout two for three with a bomb, Kyle Tucker home run three RBI, No kidding, duh, getting real hot. Notice that God. People lose their mind for no reason. Tommy Eve been over two but did have two steals. Max Kepler with a dinger hobby or Bias with a dinger. Also, Andrew Bennin Tendy two for five, leading the league in hitting three eighty nine. Andrew Bennett, Andy look at that also, George, Oh, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's leading the American League and hitting. Do you know who's leading the league overall and hitting?
Speaker 1: Uh is a jazz Chisholm. He's the answer for everything right now.
Speaker 2: I feel like it is not that he's another person on this sheet in the hitters section.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, who is it? Mike Mayer?
Speaker 2: You tease well, I tease it right beneath him in the list, Eric Cosmer. Eric Cosmer is leading baseball inting average, hitting three ninety.
Speaker 1: Eric Hosmer hitting three ninety three eighty nine to three ninety. Wow. Talk about And I had to pick up Eric Osmer because I had an injury in week one. I was like, well, I guess I got to kick up Eric Hosmer. He's the only guy out there that's even got a starting job.
Speaker 2: So I've been pleased. But we want to spoil that, Steven. He asked me about Hosmer earlier, so I pivoted.
Speaker 1: I know it's gonna spoil eventually.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: It's Eric Cosmer. It's just what happens.
Speaker 3: And you know, he's a puzzling case because I don't know why it spoils, Like I remember watching him as a young kid coming up with the Royals and thinking, yeah, this guy could you know, be a perennial All star type of player.
Speaker 1: And he's just never maintained a steady level of excellence. There's been peaks and valleys of excellence, but never a steady level, which is just odd. Stark factor.
Speaker 2: He never really found that, never did power stroke. Maybe he could just go to Yankee Stadium and he wouldn't even need to find it. It would just be there.
Speaker 1: That's where we all need to go, is Yankee Stadium to find that? All right, here's your stat. Zero's Herman Marquez seven runs giving up for earned, Brandon Woodruf four innings for earned. Not good? Uh, San Martin, who's got a boy? Talk about like a junkie delivery kind of guy. That guy is two k's. It's like a nine earned runs. It's like watching I don't know, like a semi professional guy pitch. I don't know how this guy's in the big leagues. Jordan Lyles finally happened. Six earned runs. There's the Jordan Lyles we all knew rear his ugly head. I'm not I don't know if he's ugly. He's probably a good Jeffer runs have multiple rotation. Was not gonna lead the League of the ra forever it was undeniable. How here's some hitters though, Matt Chapman over five three k's the for animal, golden sombrero, Oh for four with the four k's it in bucks sixty one. Go buy fran Milrayes everywhere. It's just a matter of time. Lindor Oh for five, big deal. He's been red hot, Connor Joe finally got an after being red hot two. Carlos Korea cold star for him, Oh for four to three k's batting a buck seventy nine. I don't want to buy Korea. Here's why new City, big contract. I tend to stay away from those guys in year one. What are your thoughts on Korea? Is he somebody you would go after an attack on principle of the slow start or stay away fromhim because of the track record we've seen with these guys in new places signing big deals struggling typically in year one.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he have an opt out? I think he can opt out and like go right.
Speaker 1: He's gonna opt out in the middle of this show. He's allowed to opt out of his contract. It's crazy, some kind of crazy opt out. I don't thin. Is it one year or two?
Speaker 2: I think I think it might be one year.
Speaker 1: I have to well, you better get I'll tell you what. If it's one year opt out, I'll buy him low. If it's two years, I'll wait. That's my answer. What's yours?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean the you know, the COPA answer is like what's the price. You know, I'm interested because if you know, if someone's really given up that I'm interested that Like, I'm not really necessarily buying because he's another guy that has like those injury concerns too. So even if you could buy low, he can get hot and then get hurt again. Then you know, what did you buy?
Speaker 1: It's true? What did you buy? Also, offense being down in general? Great notes here for Mike Mayor. Forty seven different players went over four or over five last night forty seven My Kingdom for Tony Gwynn and Wade Box. I just I just want contact, Stephen Quad, I just want more contact. Can't you change your approach with two strikes? I just it's it's bad for your team, it's bad for you as an individual. Like I'm sorry, it's just it's not good for baseball. And then eighteen of those guys went oh for four with two or more ks. That's a tremendous stat Where did you Where'd you rip that off from there? Because you didn't. You didn't do that research.
Speaker 2: I watched every game and I counted them. No, I got it from baseball.
Speaker 1: Okay, well done, good job there, All right, I didn't just like, sure you did. I won't tell anybody. Completely complete rip off right here, Mike Maher stealing other people's work. Where's the cliff and the what do they call that? The bottom where you have to reference? What's that called? You're a publishing guy, what do they call that? No citations? Thank you very much. Good see you're smart. I don't care what well shays. Let's go to the home run board and check out who's leading it up. It's the night King of the North, continuing to wreak havoc on all of wester oas he is up at the top at eight. Uh So, no change there. Now, did anybody have Rizzo yesterday? That is the question. So looking at r we lost. Oh noo, we're back. That's mine.
Speaker 2: You get my sweatshirt in the shot for a second. There my new fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are your property of what? I don't know?
Speaker 2: Fantasy pros. Oh okay, that's a nice one, even though I feel like I work for betting pros exclusively right now. Uh no, no one had Rizzo, but Florin Socks also had Mike Trout along with me. So he's up to five, I'm up to four. I'm coming for the top.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move gears here and talk about the prop bets of the night. And of course we always talk about the prop bets because betmgm is a sponsor of the show, The King of Sportsbooks. Special offer for all you new users bet ten dollars win two hundred when you bet on any game, regardless of the outcome. All you gotta do is just bet ten bucks and you get two hundred. You can win if you sign up today, you download the bet mgm app or go to betmgm dot com. Edge of that promo code leading off one word leading off, do it today. Much better day for props. In the last couple of days, you got Trout at the top over here on DK specifically, and again we're using our prop bet cheat sheet from bettingpros dot com, which you can check out. Just go to the MLB section there and drop down. You'll see the prop bets right there. Prop bet cheat sheet you can click Mike Trout one and a half on DK for total basis, he's projected over three. That's a smash for me. Jackson Profar has been very quietly good if he's in the lineup today. Point five on DK happened to be a lot of DK ones today, but again that's a good one on total basis. Schwarber's total basis at point five on DK, good matchup for him. Then you got a couple other ones here. I like sal Perez point five on DK, Wander Franco one and a half, but still against the Aattle, I think he can do what he's projected at two point eight and you're getting good money on this minus one oh five on the Wander Franco when I love that. Then he got even money on my boy vlat at one and a half. Yeah, it's a high number. So what it's against the Red Sox. If Vladdie's projected at two point eight one and a half, even money, let's go, Mayor, who you got for the betting pros props you like tonight.
Speaker 2: So I was playing around with the betting pros prop sheet this morning, and I've been enjoying, like you can click on the filter and mind like the better odds, and so I just like removed the negative odds. I was like, give me some positive, you know, some plus some plus odds there. And so I found Otani over six and a half strikeouts for plus one ten, which I like. Now, I don't know how I highlighted them in the sheet here, It's just like it has this like aura around it. And then of course Ryan Mountcastle over half an RBI against lefty Jordan Montgomery in that joke of the stadium plus two ten. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the joke of a stadium that John Carlo Stanton can't hit a home run off of this is a great We have to hit.
Speaker 2: The ball before for it to go out. That's the one cash you have to make contact.
Speaker 1: For it to go out of a good caveat you ain't lying. What would Joe's name be in Game of Thrones? I like this. I put this out to all the p nuts and cracker jacks or on Twitter at Joe piece of pu seventeen. Everybody knows I, you know, fought with swords for twenty years of my life, and I consider myself quite a sword craftsman. But I need a good time.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that. I think most people know that by now, but especially after I told that getting stab story last week on the show. So what would my Game of Thrones name be? I'd love to hear with the Peanuts and Crackerjacks. If you have the best one here live, We'll get a little publicity. I'll put it up here for Everybody's.
Speaker 2: The criteria there like like like an existing character or just like Joe.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's like like Joe of the something you know, like.
Speaker 2: You would be I think you would be broken finger, broken.
Speaker 1: Finger, but it never broke. It would be mallet finger, me and Russell Wilson. Yeah, that's that's you know, that's how I roll. But yeah, if you got a good one, I want to know what's uh what are the actual Joe Piezopia Game of Thrones names. Let's get to the DFS slate here, lots of choices here today for you. Uh you got Jordan Montgomery on DK just seven to five, Joe Ryan at nine to six. Christian Hovey are making a start. Remember last week and I told everybody pick up Christian Hobvier if he's floating around the way over wire because Odez is not long for this world. Well, I hope you did. Uh you got Paul Blackburn also eight point eight. I like Blackburn at eight point eight. I love Javier, but not tonight because he's not going to pitch very long. But Joe Ryan at nine point six good investment. Charlie Morton at eight point two is a steal on DK. Morton and Montgomery would be my pairing, very cost effective on Fandel where you get one shot at the pitcher. Montgomery at seven point eight nice investment. But at seven to seven I can have Charlie Morton. I think maybe you just do the same lineup and just switch each pitcher out. Get one Montgomery, one Morton. Play that. Joe Ryan's worth the investment as well. Otani's up to eight point two as well. He's pretty expensive there, but again you can make that investment. The Stacks tonight, the Yankees, the Angels, Houston at the atl and Toronto. Those are the ones I like tonight. And here's your lineup builders Trevor Larnick on DK two point four, Michael Brantley at three to seven, Arsilo Zunu continues to be underpriced on DK three point five. He's underpriced on Fandel as well. He's just three k tap of you at three point two on DK and Sanchez for the Marlins at three point six on Fandel Ozuna. As I mentioned Michael Brantley, there is cheap to two point seven. Get Brantley in your lineup. Corey Seegers is two point eight and Kyle Tucker two point seven. Get that Houston stack tonight, I get one of those pitchers I talked about. You should be pretty good, mayor any DFS notes you'd like to share with the boys and girls today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I like a lot of what you listened. Cole Calhoun is like is dirt cheap against Javier and he's four for five with two home runs in his career against Christian Xavier. No offense to your boy there. Trey Mancini again against Jordan Montgoverery, he has good numbers against him. Like you said, Charlie Morton, I'm definitely hammering him against the Cubs. That price is just too low for him on both sides. Paul Blackburn, who I think you might like. The only thing is he actually stinks. Stinks. No, he's terrible. No, he's thinks. So I'm stacking Jock Peterson and Brandon Belt in a stack attack against Paul Blackburn, and for like GPP plays, I'm going with Sam Long on the other side of that matchup.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm gonna defend the honor of Blackburn. I know he's pitching well above what he did in the minor leagues. I get that. However, stinks is harsh the fund.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's better than me. He's better than me at baseball.
Speaker 1: Well, that's it's better than you. That's that's easy to say. But I mean, right now, with what he's done so far, it's hard not to at least I don't know. I mean, give the guy some credit at the very least. Here, I'm gonna pull up the Blackburn stats in the year three games, fifteen innings, A one point eight R fourteen k's point eight whip, one point eight oh e r A. I don't understand. Where's the stink in that?
Speaker 2: I'll I'll smell sample size. That's where the stink is he's not good. It is Era last year five point eight seven, and the miners stinks. Stinks all right, So I gets strike out us last year thirty eight innings, twenty six strikeouts. Get out of here.
Speaker 1: Come on, No, you're right the strikeout number. And I mentioned this before. I think on the waiver Wire video last week that I did, which again, if you subscribe to Fancy Bros. MLB, you know when those videos drop. So every week I'm doing a waiver Wire ad video. But although the strikeout numbers were certainly lower K nine in the minor leagues, sometimes guys get a different pitch mix sometimes, Like I said, weird things happen in baseball. I agree with you. I'm not dying into it.
Speaker 2: It sound like he's young guy, isn't he old?
Speaker 1: So what us old guys can get it done? By the way, eight and a half, Yeah, twenty eight is not old for a pitcher, especially for freaking How old is fran mil Rays If you had to guess, uh, thirty one, he's like twenty seven. He's only twenty seven because he looks older. I think that's what he's been around A one.
Speaker 2: This morning, I was like, there's no way, he's under thirty years old.
Speaker 1: All right, here's here's JP might have the winner here the bald king. Perhaps that's not bad.
Speaker 2: You can do better.
Speaker 1: That's okay, and I think we could do better. Come on, what's my Game of Thrones name? Let's go Peanuts, a cracker Jacks. You're so creative all the time. This is your opportunity. You could take a shot at me if it's funny, or give me a really cool name. One of the two. I mean, you know it's or or Joe of it's a Joe of the Black Water, Joe of the Black Book.
Speaker 2: Perhaps there you go, that's a good one. Did you see that you have an emoji? And discordinate?
Speaker 1: I have an emoji?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Just me wearing the crowd.
Speaker 2: Just like a cropt version of your head?
Speaker 1: And what's my expression board to the point.
Speaker 2: I don't know it's a screenshot from the show. I think it's a normal emoji made it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know we could make emojis until recently.
Speaker 2: I just learned this me either. He made a whole bunch of them. He made like an Otani, an Altuve, lad Joe.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to our home run calls of the night. Don't listen to me. I'm going with Matt Olson tonight. It's a good matchup for him. He should go yard. That's There's no other rhyme or reason. Matt Olson. Please, I'm begging you, Matt Olson, please hit a home run for me tonight. I can't go into May with one and we're getting awfully close to May. Please, and you know what, let's it to Matt Olson. You give me two tomorrow. The whole show is a love letter to Matt Olsen. Mike Mayer, where are you going tonight for your home run?
Speaker 2: Well, real quick, I did want it would acknowledge a couple of good guest good names for you in the chat mister good okay, has varis Apia, which is which is pretty good. That's man four point four had Lord Pia of the Black Book, which.
Speaker 1: Lord Pia of the Yeah, I know that's all right. You know we had to do that thing once where it was you know, what's your Star Wars name? You ever do that where you take like the first letter of first few letters of your last name and something else of your mother's made name, some some crazy nonsense like that. Mine totally by the way when I did that sounded like a Star Wars name. It was piss Joe Lobro, which sounds exactly like I can't. He was like, well, look there's Han Solo and Pistol Labro there and all the like. Totally sounds like.
Speaker 2: I always hated those games because my my first and last initial is the same. So it's like, oh, like, flip this around and see what happens. Like, mine's the same. Let's keep moving. You're just me ma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like your grandma.
Speaker 2: The only good thing is right, flip mine around. I'm Echam Reham, which is which is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Stops and make it home.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going the mirror of your pick. I was trying to decide who to go with this morning. I saw you went Matt Olson. I looked at the Dodgers game win blowing out potentially, I'm going to go Freddie Freeman to your Matt Olson.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, once again trolling me as always, this time doing it live on the show, and once again for everybody. Make your home run calls in our Discord fantasypros dot Com slash chat. You just joined for free, but if you want to make home run calls, you got to be a premium member of Fancy Pros. Mike Marrit that's like nothing, right. I mean that done cost a lot to do. And if you really are, you know, trying to be competitive in fantasy, we have a lot we can offer you here with our tools at Fantasy pro So go check them out a fantasypros dot com and then go sign up for our discord at fantasypros dot com slash chat. Before I do my final thought, I just want to dedicate today's show to my good friend and neighbor who lost his battle with cancer this past weekend, my friend Chris File. I'm sick and tired of losing friends. Chris was a wonderful guy and Met fan, and he loved the Mets and simultaneously hated the Mets, which is how you know. He was a real Met fan. So I hope they win this year for him more than anyone. That would be nice to see. So, Chris, my thoughts are with you and your a wonderful family, and I certainly hope that we get some Met w's in October. That would be a nice change of pace in your memory. Mike Mayer, any final thoughts you want to share here on the program today, Let's end on a lighter note.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not going to try and top your final thoughts, but I will say that how you described his fandom of the Mets is how I feel about the Red Sox. No one loves or hates the Red Sox more than me.
Speaker 1: Well, you've gotten to see a lot more Red Sox championships in the last couple of years than I was eight years old last time the Mets won a championship, and stupid me, they want it in such a fashion. I was so optimistic. I was like, well, they can come back from anything. Of course, life's going to be great. No, not so much. Still waiting, although I do think Surezer Bassett, I like what these guys have brought. Buck Showalter is a nice intensity. Mets are looking pretty good there. Thank you all, Peanuts and Cracker Jacks. I appreciate you all. So go watch baseball today, Hug your kids have a good day, Go sit while they're watching while you're watching them play ball, and go make your wagers like the Niking and enjoy all the great content we have here Fantasy Pros, and make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel at Fantasy Pros MLB. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for Mike Mayor. I'm Joey P. We will see you next time. Kids,