Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some of the individual stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: We can do that with Judy la Group from Bloomberg News.
Speaker 2: She joins us here in studio.
Speaker 1: Judy, what are you looking at?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Paul. I heard that you have never heard of Wayfair.
Speaker 1: I have never heard of the I.
Speaker 2: Always had to google.
Speaker 1: Dude, Yeah, I know, now I know.
Speaker 2: Well, the first story we're checking, or first company rather is Wayfair. Tick er w shares are staring as much as twenty eight percent and shares are on track for its biggest increase were their biggest increase since April twenty twenty five. This is coming after better than expected third quarter sales outlook from the company. They beat expectations for revenue, EPs and repeat customer orders, and the company also mentioned that sales are growing in the US at their fastest clip in five years, and the CFO on the earnings call this morning said that US revenue growth is really being driven by larger volumes, specifically with strength from high income consumers, and the CFO called out their luxury segment called Paragold, which grew second quarter sales by over a third. So Bloomberg Intelligence analysts also wrote that the company's results reflect improving execution despite sort of a challenged housing backdrop. So definitely a good day for with their today.
Speaker 1: And Paul now knows about wayfare now, you know, all right, nice up on your list.
Speaker 2: Sure, Palenteers next on our list. The data analysis software company ticker PLTR is rallying as much as twenty one percent and it is on track for its biggest increase since February twenty twenty five. So certainly it's in the news that the company boosted its revenue guidance for the full year that beat Wall Street estimates. We also are seeing, certainly sales expected to top eight billion for the year, and the revenue beat as well, at one point nine to four billion versus estimates of one point eight billion. But I want to call attention to the CEO's words. So we're talking about the term otherworldly that was used, but I want to put it in context very quickly. So the entire quote as that follows this quarter was otherworldly, such an achievement would be caused for astonishment in any business, but for one of our size, scale and consequence, it is simply staggering. So not only is it sort of otherworldly generally, but also for the company. The results were really blowing away, certainly management on the call. And I'd also like to note too, there is certainly a fear among bears for the sort of AI the er case, so just the worry that AI would really replace the business. But analysts are really sort of understanding that this is really not a big issue. So Morgan Stanley analysts specifically writing quote the faircase on AI native competition is overstated, and Karp also saying that the risks of letting models loose within their homes for AI companies is also something that calendar has an edge over. So interesting space to watch, all right. One more Spotify. Yes, Spotify, the world's largest music streaming service ticker spot So shares are now flat. They were they had fallen as much as five percent earlier in trading today, and they were on track for their worst day nearly three months. What we're looking at too is certainly the earnings results from the company. The third quarter active monthly monthly active users and operating income forecasts really miss estimates. Monthly active users came in at seven hundred and eighty eight million this quarter, down from the seven hundred and ninety three point five million that analysts expected, and so while Spotify is traditionally focused on growing subscribers, there looks like they're trying to increase prices and hoping that their more ardent users will really pay more for the service. Bloomberg Intelligence analysts specifically wrote that software than expected operating income might signal higher AI spending by the company, which was cous for investor concern and may have explained the stock movement earlier today in.
Speaker 1: Trading the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.