Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR Pre Show. Today is Tuesday, April fifteenth. I'm Billy Rutlach along with Shannon the Dude. You can give a call on the Clark's Pumpin' Shot phone line. That's eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven text us at five O two two sixty five six six five six and is always the case. Our pre show is brought to you by ital X Fine Italian Dining in Lexington, Kentucky, where Shannon ital X just gave me a new script I need to read for a new commercial. I'm struggling to pronounce a lot of the words the the Italian.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got you.
Speaker 3: We tried to, you know, pronounce the Croatian player's name yesterday and I feel like I just crushed it. So what do you need help with? If you need any health pronunciating thing, do you just let me know I got you?
Speaker 1: That went so poorly in the feedback we got by that that I'm a little worried about this ad that I need to read. I mean, I don't even know where to begin with some of this stuff.
Speaker 3: We'll just so let's start at the beginning. That would be a good place to begin. They gave you a script. Start the top sentence.
Speaker 1: Kids will love our cheesy gnucci quatro form a ghee, and adults can savor our fresh seafood dishes like bu kanie di gamboree with shrimp and sun dried tomato pestosh.
Speaker 2: It nailed it.
Speaker 1: I think that nailed enough, right?
Speaker 2: Can they put that in English?
Speaker 3: See that's what I'm asking, Like, Well, maybe you should have learned Italian. You know, if you really were committed to your endorsements and commit it to the bit, you would just learn Italian.
Speaker 2: It would be easy for you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I had Tom Lee Chahan and he talked about how he spells things out phonetically right. Even the best at their crafts can sometimes stumble over words. But I am going to struggle recording this shit.
Speaker 3: Take those words and type those into like Google Translate or you know, like or like sound out the word for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what I'm doing and see what it says. And then I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Put it into YouTube and see what the automated voice says so I can pronounce it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know, if it's wrong, then blame the Internet. I mean, not everybody knows more than the Internet. Some people might, but not everybody.
Speaker 1: You know, in the past, we've kept commercials where somebody's coughing in the background because people notice it more. Right, do you think they would notice it more if I completely butchered the Italian I think they would want to get that.
Speaker 3: Right, You're on to my philosophy that I've had for about commercials forever, like if you screw it.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. If you're gonna make a commercial.
Speaker 3: And you need to make it either really really really good or really bad in between, you do it in the middle of bad. It's just gonna fit right into the mix. It's gonna sound like every other commercial. But if you make it really bad, people are gonna make fun of that and laugh at it. And you know what, when people make fun of it, guess what they're doing. They're talking about it, paying attention. They're giving you more attention. They're talking about the ad. The more you talk about the ad, the better it's gonna work. It's not hard, it's very simple.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I have ones that have just been imprinted into my brain now, like the Hey, Big Biscuit Nation, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Oh' that's what they I must only hear that in the UK games. Yeah, and then of course know, buckle up, put your phone back.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great one.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, put your phone down. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've got a new I've got a new advertisement. Advertisement. We'll talk about later on. We'll see if I.
Speaker 1: Can today debuting a new advertiser. Okay, good, Try not to butcher the copy like I will a little later.
Speaker 2: Try to We'll try.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I am excited for this possible pick a ball match between me and you versus Ryan and Drew. We have been, I guess, mockers of pickle ball in the past. You know, are got WEBBA calls in.
Speaker 2: Never mocked pickleball.
Speaker 1: Oh please, you've turned to the dark side in the recent months. But we started mocking pickleball. No, no, no, no, I think you're confusing me for Matt. Matt has always hated on pickleball. I've liked it since day one.
Speaker 3: I think I was the first person of the KSR group to play pickleball, so I'm sort of like the flag bearer of pickleball for KSR.
Speaker 1: Well, it was Rachel mopped the floor with you that one time, and you were hooked.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean I let her come back and beat me, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't want to feel bad about beating a girl, so I let her beat me, let her you, okay, get her bragging rights in and that's how it went down. But yeah, you say it's possible, I mean, yeah, we're gonna It's not just possible, We're going to make it happen. As long as you can find yourself another rocket. I've got two. That's not a rocket at the paddle. You get yourself a paddle, we'll find a court.
Speaker 2: We'll make it happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll check my t mobile app a little later today. Maybe they'll have some rewards like free pickleball paddles. You joke they did that. Remember that's how you got your first paddle, right, yeah, and then it broke exactly to go rolling. Well, I mean it was free, so I guess see, you get what you paid for. You had to expect that. Today's tax day Shannon April fifteenth, But Kentucky is one of nine states where the federal and state tax day has been pushed back to November third, and this is specifically due to the flooding that has ravaged our commonwealth people still recovering from that. Obviously the right move, I think to push back the deadline. But this is always a nerve racking day, right, Shannon. I mean, on a normal tax day, you don't have that done. You're you're calling turbo tax. You're doing everything in your power to try to get that thing out.
Speaker 3: You might remember a couple of weeks ago, I told you I was going in to do my taxes that day. I didn't follow up with you to tell you that. As I was about to go in to file my taxes that day, we were having storms and it knocked the power out at the UH the tax place that countent had her electricity knocked out, and they go, we need to reschedule with you. So I rescheduled for yesterday, and yesterday I went and filed my taxes. Oh you got it done. I felt like a grown up man. I did so many grown up things yesterday. I got up early and went to work, brought my lunch pail. I mean, that's normal, filed my taxes, and then, for the first time this year, had to mow my grass.
Speaker 1: So I was doing all kinds of adultools the grass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awful. I hate it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, tax Day, So get your taxes in or not. Like you said, it's been extended for a while, So have you followed yours?
Speaker 2: You're good to go.
Speaker 1: I have a tax attorney in the family. Oh that's right, you said. I just kind of push things off to him. And I'm very grateful that he does that because it's in a foreign language, shan. And what a concept and what a system that we have where the government knows how much money that we owe them. They ask us to guess how much money that we need to owe them, and then when we're wrong, they'll tell us, or when we're right, they'll they'll give us a refund. It's just just a strange thing that I don't know much about, but that doesn't stop us from talking about it here on this show.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I got lucky, so I'm not paying anybody they're paying me. I feel like I pay enough taxes in everyday life. I mean, you know, walk in a door, I got to pay taxes. Doesn't matter where you go or what you're doing, you always got to pay taxes. Across a bridge, Uncle Sam's always going to get his You know, the thing that got me the most is when you know we mentioned the fifty mile walk yesterday, when I did the fifty mile walk, Billy, uncle Sam had to get his cut of my money. What And I don't remember Uncle Sam walking even a step in that fifty mile walk, So why does he deserve any.
Speaker 2: Of my money?
Speaker 1: They paved those roads and sidewalks he walked on, Shannon, and brother walk out.
Speaker 2: I'd brother walk in the grass, and I have to pay any taxes.
Speaker 1: You gotta pay the tax. Yeah, yeah, I mean I mentioned the bridges nowadays. You know, back in my day, Shannon, you'd stop and throw coins into a little bucket. Nowadays they just take a picture of your license plate and they billion the mail.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's what I joke.
Speaker 3: That is, there's always a When I was out to eat in Florida, man, there's a tax for everything. Here's the here's the kicker. They even have a tax when you go to tourist towns. You'll love this.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember exactly how they put it. It was like.
Speaker 3: A E and P tax AEP. Yeah you know what that stands for? Now, what artwork entertainment and parking tax that is on your bill.
Speaker 2: No, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: Had to look it up cause I'm going, Okay, here's a city tax and a tourist tax and an AE and P tax, Like what is that? So why I google it? It's artwork, entertainment and parking. So you're not being charge for parking when you show up to eat, but then you're paying for it at the end. Entertainment be you know, if somebody is up there playing a guitar and singing you a song, in which case I looked around there was no entertainment that day.
Speaker 1: And artwork.
Speaker 3: They're actually charging you for artwork that is up on the wall.
Speaker 1: What the ambiance? I gotta pay for the picture, James and the art You think I'm joking?
Speaker 2: Google A.
Speaker 3: I think it's a E and P tax that they charge in some restaurants. They will charge you for the picture hanging on the wall. Now, if that's not the craziest thing I've ever So when I, you know, go to file my taxes and I get money back from the IRS, I'm going, hell, yeah, I mean I just paid for artwork up on the wall. I think you deserve to pay me back. This is ridiculous. It's crazy. That is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to dive into that topic a little bit more and do some research. I mean, I can understand a gratuity when you have a party of like eight or more people, right, I mean the waiter, a waitress is going to be working hard taking care of everybody. I'll work that into my bill. But you're telling me I got to pay for the parking and I'm doing two, you know, the entertainment.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with.
Speaker 3: You know, like if you know, it's the same as going up and dropping a dollar in the bucket, and it's not a big tax. It's not like it's they're charging you ten dollars for it. It's just it's the point. It's the principle. Right, you're charging me for artwork up on the wall. I've never heard of anything like that before. It's insane.
Speaker 1: Just just raise your prices. Don't tell me you're charging me for the parking and the artwork on the wall. Just make your ganoch a little little more share.
Speaker 2: Here you go, Here you go.
Speaker 3: The A and E fee in Florida specifically, this is what it says. Lake Nona is a one percent surcharge on the sales of taxable goods and services within select commercial areas.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 3: That may not be exactly what I'm talking about, but what I mean is though they charge you in certain places literally for the picture hanging on the wall. So just look out for that next time you're in a tourist town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tourist towns. Next time I'm in Pigeon Forde r Gatlinburger, I'm gonna have to be on the lookout show. Maybe that's just a Florida thing. I'm not sure it's your state. You're from there, I am, maybe I should know that. Eight five nine two, I know two two eight seven. Another thing that I thought was a joke was the Blue Origin space flight yesterday where six females made it into space for a total of four minute. Shannon, the entire flight took eleven minutes. I'm sure you watch the Today Show this morning so you're up to date on this.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm not because I actually have to be in here at seven o'clock. I haven't watched the Today Show in six months because I got to be in.
Speaker 2: Here at wark at that time.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry, So you're saying they went up into space for four minutes.
Speaker 1: Katy Perry, Gail King, Lauren Sanchez, Bezos's Woman, They all went up into space. The entire flight was only eleven minutes. They went into space for four minutes, and as soon as they got into space, Katy Perry started singing What a Wonderful World, talking about a way to ruin the trip, Katy Perry singing, as soon as we get into space, want.
Speaker 3: Your trip to space to be serenaded by a live rendition of no Katy Perry song.
Speaker 1: No I'm probably I've got white knuckles clenching my fist in fear of us going into the outer atmosphere, and Katy Perry's trying to promo her new album, Shannon Yeah. Probably my favorite part of all this was Gail King. I guess if you're not up to date on this. They ring a bell before they get on the airplane or the rocket, and Gail was stressing shaded. She had already man she was You could tell on her face that she was worried, and she had already mentioned that. I believe that she had a fear of flying. So why she was doing this in the first place, I don't know, But I totally related with Gail King, just having some some scaries before getting up in the flight yesterday.
Speaker 3: I mean, once you get up into space, I mean you're you're up there for four minutes?
Speaker 2: How long do you need to be there?
Speaker 3: You look around, there's a lot of stars, a lot of black space.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, what else do you need to see more than four minutes?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: And that seems like a lot of work and prep for four minutes. I prefer to look at space from the ground. Me up there for an hour, We're gonna do some tumbling and no, because then at my I'm thinking, okay, now we're we're never going back to Earth.
Speaker 2: We're never gonna never outer atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Yep, that would be my worst nightmare. So I'm telling you, man, pay me a million dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would go to space.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, what a just a what a waste of resources, you know what I mean, just a waste of time and money of these elite rich people going into space, not to do any research saying, and not for any explorations, not to go to the moon, just to touch the outer atmosphere for four minutes.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's right, It's like Ryan Lemon when we go on these road trips, you go up and touch the monument just to make sure it's real.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can understand.
Speaker 2: This is not a Truman Show situation where it's like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It's not a TV show just testing reality. I mean I had understand, you know, traveling from point A to point B and and the cost of jet fuel in those instances. But what's the purpose of this, Shannon, Like, I just I don't get it. And I feel like in a decade this is going to be a much more normal thing where you can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and like a tourist track. I don't know if you're going to be paying the AEP tax if you're up in space, but it'll be something more and more people will do.
Speaker 2: So you say you would go to space if you had the chance.
Speaker 1: I think I would, yeah, but I'm not paying, Like you can sponsor I got John Franklin to be on there.
Speaker 3: Let's say space in the future when trips to space are very common that Allegiant and Spirit airlines say.
Speaker 2: They will take you to space. Oh no, are you going to trust Allegiance or Spirit spirits trip into space.
Speaker 3: Billy, you can go there for only one hundred dollars. We'll take you to space one eleven. It's a one way trip. They forgot to tell you that, Oh.
Speaker 1: One way trip. You've got a parachute down too.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna know?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Are they like pressing me for like a checked bag and like the whole It's like I'm getting the whole nine yards. I've got one hundred and twenty people in the flight with me in.
Speaker 2: Pay seventy nine ninety nine. Don't recline your seat.
Speaker 1: There's a screaming baby oh close by.
Speaker 3: All the things that Allegiant will give you, but for a cheaper price to go to space.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think I'd like a much more private flight shannel, like a much more Lauren Sanchez, Katy Perry, please don't sing while we're up there type of flight. If we're going commercial up into space, I think this that'd just be lame. But I don't know. It kind of appeals to me, unlike you where you say you're keeping your feet on the ground.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting though you say, like, if I'm going to space, I've got to have the best.
Speaker 2: Of the best.
Speaker 1: I want the best of the best because.
Speaker 3: You may not come back. You might die up there, right, we're in the outer atmosphere. Yeah, but you totally trust Allegiant for thirty two dollars that will fly you to Dustin. And I believe when you're that high in the air, if that plane goes down, you're gonna die. Whether you're in space or not, you're still you know, forty seven thousand feet in the air.
Speaker 2: That's enough to kill you.
Speaker 1: We've worked out the kinks. It's like decades of aviation has evolved to these commercial airliners where Allegiance, you know, I trust these.
Speaker 3: Pilots trust seven thousand feet. You don't trust them at space. That's right, That's there's a definite cutoff line there. Yeah, Okay, that's my logic here, Shannon is trying to figure you out. You may never build the logic, is that out?
Speaker 1: I mean, we're three years into the show, right and you know, may never do that, But I don't know. That's what we'll be talking about on summer shows like this. There is some Kentucky sports to talk to, including or talk about, including Lamar Wilkerson, who has cut his list down to just two teams. Georgia Aymore, who was drafted in the WNBA draft last night with a cool story involving Russell Westbrook and have you ever wanted to forget a bad memory?
Speaker 2: Sham I saw the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we are getting closer and closer to be able to wipe people's memory. Maybe not men in black look into my device style, but I'll give you some details a little later in the show. It's Shannon the Dude and Billy Rutledge here on the show. Before the show, it is the CaSR pre Show. Welcome back, It's the ksrpre Show. Shoot me up into space. Just make sure nobody's singing while we're up there, Shannon, that'd be my crying baby when we get up into space. The four minutes, I think the baby gets to go to space. You'd be surprised where people ring their toddlers or their infants nick.
Speaker 2: It into your carry on.
Speaker 1: I mean people bring infants to concerts, Shannon. They'll put these big headphones on their ears, like what a what a joke?
Speaker 2: Louder than life.
Speaker 3: I'll see babies going around like this is a metal festival for four straight days with a bunch of drunken idiots, and you're bringing your toddler along with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you couldn't find a babysitter. Maybe that's the uh, that's the problem there, but probably not the right place for it. One person on the text line five h two two six five six six five six says it could always be worse, and they sent a photo of a car getting a speeding ticket while it was being towed across the toll bridge. Shannon, Oh, just not just so, or maybe it's not even across a toll bridge, it's just while it's getting towed. Maybe it went through a light. They were speeding and they ended up getting a ticket when their car was being towed. Talk about bad luck. But I bet you, I bet you can contest that though, right.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, if you want to go through all the hoops that you got to jump through the other thing, man, I mean, one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: You get it ticket. It's sometimes not even worth the time to do that, right, Just pay the like I got a.
Speaker 3: Random tax from like California one time. I mean I didn't go through the hole that I remember.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the scam, that's the new scam. Oh yeah, so I almost fell for a scam. Okay, yeah, that's the new one. They like, text it to you. You've got unpaid toll charges. You know, type this U R L into your browser and pay.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: It almost got me. Maybe next time.
Speaker 1: They're getting trickier. I mean me and you can identify that. But I do feel for our our older generation that sometimes you're just waiting for one phone call to make your day and then somebody calls like.
Speaker 3: That my thing is spam, scam or no scam. I wasn't gonna pay it regardless. I was ignoring it. I think I'll blocked the number, so you know, I thought it was a legit and still blocked it.
Speaker 1: I think that was Matt's philosophy with parking tickets in other states, right, like if you just ignore it long enough, it goes away. And then there was one state that like really took it to them, and I think he had to pay that one, Shannon. Before we get to Kentucky Sports, I do want to give a salute to the Kentucky fan that threw L's down at the Masters. He ended up calling in KSR yesterday. It was Carter. Carter, Yeah, Shannon. Sometimes the obsession can get to the Louisville Cardinal fans and maybe Kentucky fans do it too much. But talk about prime time to do the l's down, right, I mean, everybody and their mother's watching Rory win the Masters, and he sneaks that in there.
Speaker 2: Not all he rows where capes.
Speaker 3: And that's true because Carter was there with a double l's down at the Masters, and I think, you know, has there ever been We talked about this yesterday. I don't think there's ever been a bigger like platform to throw.
Speaker 1: The l's down, because.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you know, right there going to the playoff at the end. I mean, I think that might have been the greatest l's down in the history of l's down.
Speaker 1: I was the greatest one of all the time.
Speaker 2: Think dam me a better one?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I think of you know, Scott Saderfield getting butt hurt, meeting at you know, meeting at center field at the end of the game and he's throwing l's down, complaining to Stoops about all the players that have been doing it, and then everybody just continues to throw l's down. That was probably my favorite moment in that hand gestures history, but.
Speaker 3: More people watching that though the masters No why if cards was the greatest of all time because probably the most people saw it.
Speaker 1: Just bang for your butt, yeah, talking about getting your money's worth of your l's down. Carter probably did the best of anybody. And then also another salute to Brian the Intern. Last week he wrote his fine final column for KSR. Shannon, he's been an intern since December of two thousand and seven. You thought you were an intern at iHeart for a long time. It's a long time to SUCKTI sucks Brian the Intern saying goodbye to KSR. Before he left, he posted the five headlines that he got the most feedback back over the years, and I'll give you two of them, Shannon. The first one is the unforgettables should not be in the rafters and number five baseball players are barely athletes. Those are two of the many stories Brian the Internet that got the most traction during his time at KAZAR.
Speaker 3: Well, he was definitely good at getting people to click the article right. Some people would call that trolling, other people would call that intelligent, because either way you're getting people to go read the article, whether they like it or not. You know, it's kind of like the Howard Stern effect. The people who hated Howard Stern the most would listen to him just because they wanted to know what he's going to say next.
Speaker 2: So BTI, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Saying BTS the Howard Stern of Kentucky Sports Radio dot Com, but I say that he was He was very good at what he did. And I loved Brian. You know, I worked with him for years at iHeart I guess back when it was Clear Channel back in the day, and always a good dude. And you know, he's moving on on his own, by his own choice, I'm assuming, so wish him the best and whatever he decides to do in the future.
Speaker 1: Yep, solute best of luck to Brian the intern. Whether you liked him or hate him, you watched or you read or you listened, and that is that's the effect that we're talking about. Just right there, Shannon, tell me about DraftKings. If I'd like to make a sports wager here in the next.
Speaker 3: Billy, did you realize that the NBA Playoffs start tonight?
Speaker 1: I did not, And I've got Billy our sport. Sports is in my name Shannon didn't know the NBA playffs.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's the case. The eighty two game grind is done, and we're all ready for the playoffs. At least Billy is ready now that I told him five seconds ago that the playoffs start. And you can get out on all the acts in a Draft Kings sportsbook promo code KSR. You bet five dollars, you get two hundred in bonus bets. All right, that's on Draft Kings with promo code KSR. Super easy for first timers to get started. Just try betting on something simple like picking a team to win. Make your pick, and it's that simple. Of course, you can do so many of it. You can really dig deep into the weeds if you want to. With player props over unders so much. They're fast and easy payouts all with promo code KSR. For new customers, bet five, get two hundred bonus bets only on Draft Kings. The Crown is Yours gambling problem call wait e T one Hunred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligiblity restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance for additional two responsible gaming resources to se DKNG dot co slash.
Speaker 1: Audio, and we got two seven eight matchups. Tonight, the Magic will take on the Hawks and the Warriors will take on the Grizzlies. And congratulations to Shay Gil just Alexander who had won the NBA scoring title this season. How about that MVP on the way possibly for SGA. We'll see. Jokich is another one in that conversation. You'll take a break.
Speaker 2: You got the playoffs? Now that you know the playoffs are starting tonight.
Speaker 1: Well, probably the Calves are the thunder I've heard they've had a good year. Uh huh, all right, we'll take a break. Be right back here on the case. I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Mmmm ah, is that Billy r Sports singing a little Sinatra?
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be my karaoke choice, Shannon, but there's some appeal to this music for sure. To me, what about you? I mean, could you.
Speaker 2: I like friends Sonatra? I'm more of a Being Crosbie guy person.
Speaker 1: Oh you love White Chriss Well, I just love.
Speaker 3: Being Crosby's music. He's a one of the I think the greatest crooner of all time.
Speaker 1: One person said would you rather go into space next to Katy Perry singing or a screaming baby. And I think that's a close race. Actually, I mean, come on, you know you'd want Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: You'd be filming her, you'd be tweeting about it. And look at me.
Speaker 3: I'm next to Katy Perry. Nobody's tweeting. Look at me, I'm next to a screaming baby.
Speaker 1: Oh please, it's not Jennifer Lawrence up there. It's not like you know, we need to document this moment.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: One person also says on the text line, Billy speaks the foreign language of the country Shannon gets money from. Would be a great segment, but the name needs workshopping. You still getting foreign money still, am yep? And when they can't find me now they just send it to Ryan. Then Ryan gives it to me, so it funnels its way to me somehow.
Speaker 2: That is man.
Speaker 3: I've said it a million times, but it just blows my mind that five years later, I'm still getting foreign money from random people. Never even gave out my address, never even asked for people to do it. They just thought, oh, let's just keep this practical joke going for five straight years.
Speaker 1: So are you still enjoying the bit or is it like you know, no.
Speaker 2: I mean it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's just like, oh, okay, here's an envelope with some really bad handwriting.
Speaker 2: That must be some foreign money in there. I kind of know what's in it before I even open it.
Speaker 1: And you just moved. I mean they got they had your address, talked your address pretty soon right after you moved.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 2: So it's like the Redhead and wedding crashers. I'll find you finally. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Vince Vaughn is like, what have I done? What have I gotten myself into? Shannon? There seems to be a misconception online about elite level athletes and what they should be during what they should be doing during competition. Rory McRoy won the Masters over the weekend, but there was a lot of talk online about what's something that Bryce and d Chambeau said after the match he played with Rory. Bryson said Rory did not talk to him during the entire golf round, and people are like, wow, well, Roy's a dick. I mean, you could at least talk to the guy while you're during your golf round, And I think of the complete opposite. Shannon these guys are elite level ath leets playing in the Sunday round of the Masters. They're locked in, they're ready to go. They don't need to be exchanging pleasant trees and talking to each other. You know, Bryce said, I don't think he was complaining about it, but it was mentioned that Rory did not talk to him during the match. Let's not act like that's some strange thing that athletes shouldn't do, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like if you and I going out, go out and play a round of golf, I'll talk to you, of course, but you know, you and I aren't competing for millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: If if we were, I would not be talking to you at all.
Speaker 3: You would not be my friend, at least in those hours that were out there on the golf course.
Speaker 2: And always. I mean I see it in baseball all the time.
Speaker 3: You know, guy gets on first base and you look over and the camera pans over and they're sitting.
Speaker 2: There laughing and giggling to each other.
Speaker 3: You know, I guess it doesn't bother me that much, but it kind of rubs me the wrong way a little bit. I mean, I know these guys are traded around and you know, former players end up having conversations while they're on first base. But I just don't love it as a fan because I'm like, come on, man, I mean, I know they're still taking it seriously, but I just don't like the idea of them sitting there just you know, cutting it up while they're out there competing with each other.
Speaker 1: I think there's an argument there. I mean, even to a degree when they swap jerseys and everybody's friendly and talking about they're going to meet up afterwards with their wives for dinner. I you know, it kind of you lose that sense of these guys should hate each other, right, But maybe that's just from a lost era and that just doesn't happen and as much any world as the world is connected through social media. But you know, I thought there were some soft takes online about how Rory should have talked to Bryson during the round. Give me a break.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't think they should talk at all. Rory was too busy eating.
Speaker 2: He hits his mouth full of he's like eating protein bars and apples and bananas. I mean, the guy was. He was well fed, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Out choked on it too, several times the banana until you go out, that would be it'd be a rough way to go. We got some UK sports to talk about. But let's get to the phones first. Eight five nine, two two two eight seven. Who we going to first?
Speaker 2: Let's go Peanut? What's up?
Speaker 4: Peanut?
Speaker 5: You guys good man? You're talking about that guy. I got a ticket for a car being toad. I got a ticket in my own driveway overnight when I woke up, I had a ticket on my windshields.
Speaker 1: For what parking?
Speaker 5: Parking over the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: Oh, you parked on the sidewalk on us up physically on the sidewalk.
Speaker 5: Well, it was in the driveway, but the beat of the truck like that, the ball hitch was blocking the drive the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: They didn't pull up enough in the driveway, so part of your truck was.
Speaker 2: To me, Peanut, it sounds like you deserved that ticket at.
Speaker 4: OOO.
Speaker 5: That is yeah, you're right anyway, I didn't know that was the rule. I was fresh fresh lead the spot in my house. I didn't know that was a rule that you got me. There's only thirty one.
Speaker 6: Fight Yeah, okay, well put you're you're getting a little windy on us there, Shan, and I would hate to walk out of my house and see a parking ticket on my car in my own driveway.
Speaker 1: But Shannon, the dude's a police officer. He's patrolling the streets. Ye, he's a truck with its butt a little too far into the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna ride a ticket? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I am a police Well I was for one night anyway, I was a police officer.
Speaker 2: In that movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you can't just have part of your car sticking out blocking people's driveway.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you just do that, then everybody would do it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's blocking the sidewalk, so theoretically, I mean, if you were trying to walk or maybe ride a bike on the sidewalk, you couldn't get by your peanuts. You know, truck is in the way.
Speaker 2: And thirty dollars ticket sounds about right.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, Shannon, you're gonna you're gonna call Peanut on that one. You're not gonna let that go.
Speaker 3: I can't get in the car and move it for them, So the next best thing is write them a ticket.
Speaker 2: Then he won't do it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, knock on the door, give him a warning. I guess it's better than walking outside and seeing your car has been on for the last ten hours. I bet John Short would write him a ticket, putting you John, John, sure would you write him a ticket?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't write a ticket.
Speaker 1: Oh, John's too nice. He wouldn't write him. He's like Andy Griffith. He doesn't go by the books. He's a he's a nice cop. What's going on, John?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: I was second? And it's good that George mood got six ticket w b ran.
Speaker 2: Yes, she did six picks.
Speaker 1: John, we'll talk more about that. She was a lot of fun here at Kentucky for her one year, wasn't she.
Speaker 4: It's indeedy, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, and we sorry, John. I was gonna say, we got a baseball game tonight, John.
Speaker 4: It's for Kentucky against Maama. Is the seventh of soccer. I wish pre game earlyer than a quarter to seven that because but his quarter to seven is that game televise? Because I ain't able to here. Dan Hendrick on w l E P is also tell Avis.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not sure, but I bet you you could find it on ESPN. Plus the SEC Network plus if you have that option, John, but yep, six forty five pregame start? Would you like to host the pregame shows? If you're going to do an hour pregame show before baseball?
Speaker 4: John? The good? Would it?
Speaker 5: What it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Should we give John an audition right now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 1: How would you set up the game? What do you know about the baseball team?
Speaker 4: So we can take you playing as Matamaha? I can take his work dad out for him. Their taken takeing recor is is nineteen fourteen. I don't know what their record is, but I told me say what the record is, and it would be a great game for Kentucky. That's what I was saying. And the great game game with both of them.
Speaker 2: That's great. Yeah, I know you got you only have fifty nine minutes and twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yea fifty eight more minutes. We got to talk about more, John.
Speaker 3: You just you just proved why the pregame show is only fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: There's only so much you can say about it.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a good game. Did me play Tennessee this weekend? Six thirty Friday night? I love to play Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: That's right, John, another tough SEC series for the Cats. Hopefully they can pull that one. They only won one against Texas. But I'm looking forward to more John pregame shows. I really enjoyed that. You have to give something to you.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 3: If you did an hour pregame show, I would you would have one fan, at least you would have a lot of fans, but I would be your first fan.
Speaker 2: I would definitely listen to you. So, John, you're a great.
Speaker 4: America, great American. I early even talking about taxes, fist and dud is eliminating them already around. That's what that's what you do. This is eliminating them. Don't raise them, don't.
Speaker 2: Lord my lips. No more taxes, says John Short.
Speaker 4: That's that's right. That's that's that's best thing to do is that. And I hope that the cud Man is listening. I hope everybody is listening. So there we go. That's they handle that.
Speaker 2: All right, Johnny good He all right, buddy, thanks for the call.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 1: See yeah, that's that's a harsh reality of radio. You learn quick. You get through your list of topics and you've realized only six minutes have past and you've got thirty eight more to fill.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not easy. There's no script.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about a couple of things that John brought up. First, the baseball team they'd take on Miami of Ohio tonight at seven pm. John was right there, nineteen and fourteen on the year, Shannon, don't know if you saw. They went to the fifteenth inning on Saturday against Texas. They got the win on a walk off sack bunt. Devin Berg scored from first all the way to home after a bunt was laid down and there was a ball overthrown to first base all the way down to home. I don't think I've ever seen that, Shan. A lot of things I've seen in baseball, a sack bun and a runner scoring from first to home in the fifteenth inning. You could hear the joy and Darren's voice. I was actually listening to the game. Just thank god the game was over at that point, right.
Speaker 3: I think I've seen it before, but only in little league. I don't think I've ever seen it beyond high school. So that's kind of crazy that it ended that way. And that's the game that Mene got thrown out and had to sit there and watch it.
Speaker 1: I love a good manager argument with the umps and baseball Shannon, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I've never seen menji o and go off on or up like that.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 3: He was going off on the guy umpire turns his back, Men's runs to the umpire circles around.
Speaker 2: To get back in his face. That was an all timer right there. I loved it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's one of those things you don't really see anymore too, just because of instant replay. You just don't see a whole lot of manager slash umpire arguments.
Speaker 2: You know, Bobby Cox was the best.
Speaker 3: Bobby Cox, I believe still holds the record for manager thrown out of the most ball games in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's he's got the record for hosts. Yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's got to be I'm sure there is somewhere on YouTube, like a compilation of all the times that Bobby Cox got thrown out of a game.
Speaker 2: I gotta go back and watch that. Later.
Speaker 1: My mind went to Loopanella and that he throwing bases.
Speaker 3: And then there was the other guy that was like a double a manager for the Braves. I think I've talked about this one before. He he lost his mind. He actually went crazy. He started crawling around on the ground like an army man, grabbed the rosen bag and launched it like.
Speaker 1: A like a grenade. You say that you shared that video maybe once in the past, Yeah, because I remember then he stole he literally stole the bass.
Speaker 2: He took the base out of the ground and walked off with.
Speaker 1: Just the show that they put on when they're getting ejected. You're right, it's it is a dying art in the sport of baseball, something we should definitely bring back. Now, you don't know which base to stake. There's two bases at first.
Speaker 2: BET's right.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And also, congratulations to Georgia Amore, drafted sixth to the Washington Mystic. She had a really cool moment last night. Her outfit was designed by Russell Westbrook and they were showing it off during the broadcast. They also have combined to make some T shirts and some of the funds will be going to the Play Like a Girl nonprofit. This T shirt collection, entitled Honored Women, is inspired by Georgia Amore's relentless pursuit to reach the WNBA. So some cool moments in the draft coverage last night. Really excited for George Amore, who Shannon was first team All SEC, has the UK single season all time assist record at two hundred and thirteen, tied a program record with forty three points against Oklahoma earlier this year, and she did it all at five foot six. An amazing year for Georgia.
Speaker 2: She was awesome.
Speaker 3: She was everything for this Kentucky team and I just don't know how far they would have gone without her.
Speaker 2: Very happy for her. Hope it works out for her.
Speaker 3: With the Mystics and Westbrook, I believe he had some I believe Drew Franklin had some beef with Russell Westbrook once upon a time.
Speaker 1: The triple double man, Russell Westbrook. Hyeah, What was Drew so mad about?
Speaker 3: I got to remember, but I think we were at like a Thunder game and after the game, we were hanging around and Russell Westbrook went out there with like his buddy, trying to get like a picture for Instagram or Twitter or something. I remember this, and I remember the losing and he stood there for like twenty minutes, and the guy must have taken a hundred pictures of Russell Westbrook trying to get the perfect I guess angle or whatever it was, and Drew tweeted out, you know the fact that he had set there and tried to take this picture for two twenty minutes. And then I think Russell Westbrook like retweeted it or replied or something this has been like ten years ago, replied to it, and there was like some back and forth going on between Drew and Russell west Drew, Baby could talk about that when we start KSR in about ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully he shares that story. Good memory, Shannon, I mean, if it's not Greg Marshall's wife and the NCAA telling Drew to delete tweets and be escorted out of the aregas to prop's Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 3: Here's a problem everywhere he goes getting thrown out of Blue Jays games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll have to hear more from Drew. He's gonna have to report more in this story. But cool moments with George Amore and Russell Westbrook last night. Shannon tell us about one of our sponsors before we take a break.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm gonna say we should go ahead and take a break now, But let me tell you if we need to silk velvet whiskey. I took some of this along with me. You know, some people take Margarita's to the beach. I took some bourbon with me to the beach. This is a great bourbon. Just tried it for the first time last week. Even if I wasn't endorsing this, I would drink solk velvet whiskey. It has a great story as well, Billy, this is a bourbon that was really popular back in the eighteen hundreds, all right, oh wow, And then prohibition came along, and of course it was illegal to sell bourbon. And for over one hundred for like one hundred years, silk velvet whiskey didn't exist. And now just last year they brought it back. The Harkess family brought back silk velvet whiskey and it is just top notch bourbon. We're talking about here, Jacob call He's an award winning master distiller with multiple whiskeys ranked in the Whiskey Advocates Top twenty in the world. And you can get this bourbon at Silk Velvet Whiskey dot Com. Distribution continues to grow, so make sure you keep an eye out for that it's a forgotten legend, reborn for bourbon lovers today, handpicked award winning master distiller, over a century in the making. Every sip tells a story. It's Silk Velvet Whiskey dot Com and you can pick some up and follow them on social media too. Because people have asked where can I find this, they have tweeted out and posted on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter the link to where you can find Silk.
Speaker 2: Velvet Whiskey at a liquor store near you. It's good stuff. Definitely try it out.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to try it. We'll take a break. One more segment left here on this Tuesday edition of The Case, our pre show, Welcome back. It's our final segment of The Case, Our pre show. Billy and the Dude just talking about drinking some of that bourbon maybe at our pickleball match Ryan and so that's the plan.
Speaker 3: We'll get Ryan and Drew a little tipsy, then we'll smoke them in pickleball.
Speaker 2: Although I don't think we really need any sort of advantage.
Speaker 3: Drew's never played before, Ryan's only played once, so I think you and I would naturally beat them stone cold, sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not with me. On your team, Shannon, I mean you just became the heavy favorite.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh please, I could beat both of them by myself. I don't even need you, Oh please. You could just see over there on the side and sip some silk velvet whiskey. You wouldn't even need to go out there and play.
Speaker 1: Sit there and look good. That'll be my job. I guess we're gonna have to save the erase your memories topic for another day, Shoes, because I love that. Yes, we've got a very good headline when it comes to that, But I do want to mention the Cats and Lamar Wilkerson, the sam Houston State Guard, looks to be could be the next shooting threat for Kentucky. He has narrowed his list down to two between Kentucky and Indiana. He will no longer visit Auburn. He averaged twenty points a game at sam Houston State shot over forty seven percent from the field. Mark Pope took him to Keenland. Shannon, I think that's a good sign. But this could be maybe the final piece for Mark Pope's roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guy, that you know, we said we need one more good shooter. He's considered the best shooter in Conference USA and a guy that I think can come in and contribute immediately. So, you know, Mark Pope's doing pretty good with bringing recruits down to the winner circle. I feel like everybody he's brought in so far, which has been like two or three other players, they've all committed here. So let's keep doing that, Wilks. Let's keep going.
Speaker 1: Wilkerson the number seven player in the portal available, so that could be a big get for Mark Pope, but he is. Pope's already killed it in the portal man. Some of the talent that he's brought in. I'm really excited about. One name we have not heard from is Otega Oway, and I feel like he is a huge part of what Kentucky wants to do next year. You think he's just feeling this process out, Shannon, do you think we should expect an announcement soon or how do you feel about otega I.
Speaker 3: Would think we would have an announcement soon one way or another. I mean, he's just putting his name in the draft, right and just kind of see him, what the uh he has to put his name in the draft, right?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I don't know if I've seen still it would be smart for him to get that feedback.
Speaker 3: I just ascided that he has, because why wouldn't you. You can withdraw your.
Speaker 1: Name exactly, why not test the waters, get that feedback from the evaluators and then come back. So maybe it's a it. We'll be waiting a little bit long.
Speaker 3: So my answer would be, if he's not going to go into the draft and stay in the draft, and I would expect him one hundred percent to come back to Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Well, another year of otega Oway, a second year Travis Perry, a second year Trent Noah, a second year Colin Chandler could be an exciting proposition. You can bet on all those guys on draft.
Speaker 3: Gives Yeah promo code KSR for new customers. Bet five dollars, get two hundred in bonus bets. You got the NBA Playoffs starting tonight, get the playing games coming up. You can do player props, same game parlays, live betting. It's all there for you with DraftKings, promo code KSR. Gambling problem called one hundre Gabler eighteen plus Kentucky only elegi butter restrictions applying your customers only bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance for additional turns. Responsible Gaming Resources dkng CO slash Audio.
Speaker 1: Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the Pope press conference at rapp Aerna. Man, what a surreal moment that was.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it's already been a year.
Speaker 3: But I feel like at that moment, you know, a lot of people, including myself, were like, really is this good hire? But that Sunday when everybody was hanging from the rafters at Rapperina and Mark Pope shows up and he comes off that bus and all the former players.
Speaker 2: Come out bus, that's right. I feel like he captured the hearts of Big Blue Nation in that moment that Sunday.
Speaker 1: Nostalgia had a little to do with that, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: For Shannon the Dude, I'm Billy Rutlis. This has been the show before the show. We'll talk to tomorrow