Speaker 1: This is the almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio. Welcome back to kind of Famous with me Deanna Pappas and producer Heather. We had so much fun a couple of months ago breaking down Hulu's Love Overboard, and now we're back to break down another Alex Cooper unwell dating show, Let's Marry Harry on Netflix. We did have a lot of fun on the last show, A lot of fun. I think that I was just telling you I still follow those kids on social media.
Speaker 2: I've got to let it go. I think why, I think I need the breakup. I can't tell you everything. Remember we were texting a couple of weeks about it's something I'm working on. I can't tell anybody, but I mean, if you go on my socials you'd see it. But I have something to tell you, maybe on down the line connected back to that. No, that's just a tease. You can't tell me today right now.
Speaker 1: No, maybe off Mike, I'll tell you. I'm out right now. God, it's got to be Bella or I can't. I know.
Speaker 2: We know Bella is going to be on another Hulu show. It's rumored, so we'll keep an eye out for that one. We are Bella fans. But before we get too deep into this recap, which the whole reason that we're recapping this show is because Bachelor Nation alum Lauren Hollinger is a cast member on this show.
Speaker 1: Let's marry Harry. Do you remember her? She was on Joey's season. I didn't. I Actually, to be honest, I had to look her up. I did not remember her. I didn't even remember what she looked like. And I watched the episode and had to rewind it and go back. I'm so sorry if she just didn't stand out to me.
Speaker 2: A lot of girls to get through, twenty girls starting out on night one, it was a lot to cover. And I think typically a Bachelor episode on night one would be an hour and a half two hours long.
Speaker 1: This is not that long.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot of We got to set up what the show is because it's a new show. Then we have to introduce twenty girls, and we'll get to it. But at some point they just started skipping and like not doing the intros and just letting them all start walk in. But even in this show, you almost miss her. If you blink, you're almost missed.
Speaker 1: So we'll get to it. But there is one that I missed.
Speaker 2: I literally wrote her name down and never wrote anything else about her in the notes because I was like, did this girl speak? But I do want to know what your kind of knowledge is about our lead Harry Jowsey before we got before you saw this show or anything, what did you know about him?
Speaker 1: Okay? I have been looking forward to this, to sitting down with you because I don't know who he is. Okay, I had no clue who he was, and I did myself you know a solid here. I did not google him before I got here today. Okay, I didn't look up a single photo of him. I wanted to be able to because you've got it like reality is your thing. I needed to hear the shocker people that I do know who he is. Well, that's why I was like, I'm just gonna let Heather fill me in and school me on this guy right now, because what I get starting the show is I feel like I got to know this kid. Yeah, I can see by the way he talks and some of the things that he says. I'm like he had to have been on some sort of just like boys show just by the way he talks. Yeah, he's cute, he's attractive, he's a cutie for sure.
Speaker 2: So we all got to know Harry Jouc back in twenty twenty or twenty twenty one, somewhere around there. He was on the first season of Netflix's Too Hot to Handle.
Speaker 1: Now, if you don't know what that show.
Speaker 2: Is, it's where they basically trick a bunch of hot people. They think that they're going on a dating show, and then once they get to the location, they say, actually, you're on Too Hot to Handle, and you're not allowed to touch each other or it will affect the cash prize.
Speaker 1: So they're basically.
Speaker 2: Told that they can't hook up, get physical, get intimate, because it's about building a connection first. And there's like a group prize pot that they're all playing with.
Speaker 1: It's a cash prize, cash prize.
Speaker 2: And anytime somebody breaks the rules and makes out or does something else other than making out, the money depletes. And that's what the funniness of that show is.
Speaker 1: Now. Do I know anybody watching Too Hot to Handle anymore? I do not.
Speaker 2: I think we kind of all got over a little bit of it after season three.
Speaker 1: I know I did.
Speaker 2: But Harry was on season one. He had a strong connection with Francesca, who he dated on and off, you know, during filming. After filming, he then went on Netflix's Perfect Match, which we have recapped as well on this show, so our audience kind of knows what that is.
Speaker 1: It's basically a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of people from Netflix dating shows coming to date again.
Speaker 1: It's like their version of paradise. Essentially, Harry has made his rounds.
Speaker 2: It feels like, yes, Harry is not a stranger, and he's now got a podcast on the Unwell Network and he's twenty eight.
Speaker 1: And some of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Lore though recently about Harry is who he's dated or rumored to have dated outside of TV. So the big rumor was never like fully confirmed, like they weren't spotted out together.
Speaker 1: But he was supposedly dating Lucy Hale as of last year. Drop it, I know which is She's She's too good for him. It's actually crazy. That was it. That was a crazy one.
Speaker 2: The other was that he was rumored to be dating Cia the singer chandelier singer, what the one with the who always has her face? Yes, yes, but she's fifty, he's twenty eight. And if you google it you will see Sia and Harry Jousey holding hands photos. But it was kind of debunked that it was just to garner up press for this show that we're about to recap, because she then reposted the casting notice for this show. So how they know each other, how they're even friends, that is actually surprising to me. But Harry has crossed over from reality TV and is hanging out with people like a Star Lucy Star Sea. So yeah, so he has come a long way.
Speaker 1: He sure has.
Speaker 2: And so that is the whole premise of this show show right, is that he's done with hookup culture, he's done with being called a.
Speaker 1: Boy, and now he's ready to get married in a month. That's the premise of this show. So many thoughts on this, Heather, I have so from and from an old gal, I have a lot of thoughts.
Speaker 2: It's a lot and I'm I'm intrigued, I'm I am hooked. I will say that in these first two episodes that I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed the pacing, I liked the girls.
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll get into these, you know, spy mentors that you know are a part of the show, because you and I think have differing opinions on that but let's let's just dive into the first episode.
Speaker 1: So it opens with Harry talking.
Speaker 2: About how he's getting married in one month and how he grew up basically on TV in front of us. So there's twenty women that have signed up for this show. Harry knows that if it were up to him, he would pick somebody toxic, so he's enlisted the help of you know, these are the titles that they give them, the honorary Brother, the best friend, and the ex girlfriend to kind of, you know, help make these decisions. The episode opened with him driving in that convertible down pch in Malibu, and I went, what a bachelor open if I've ever seen one.
Speaker 1: I had such a field day with this. Yeah, I thought it was my gut, Like my gut reaction was like, oh oh, But if you remember the last show that we followed, they take a little bit from every single dating show and put it in one, and I feel that with this one too. It feels very bacheloresque.
Speaker 2: To me, Well, it's got to be the most bachelor like show that we've covered, because I've said this a couple of times, but nobody's really sticking to that. One lead kind of mold anymore one person twenty people vying. It's not really something that lends to a lot of people finding love. You're only gonna to see like one or two love connections on the entire season, whereas these other dating shows have everybody's trying to find love and everybody can hook up, you know, on Love Island or something like that. So I don't know, it's it's it is a bit of a throwback to see just one guy being the focus, and it does bring me back to, you know, those early two thousands dating shows that we had, you know, Flavor of Love, Rock of Love.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, just talking about this. So those were my shows, and I was on reality TV a long time ago, So what I had were you were gone at the same time as those, just y they were airing at the same time. But that's what I had reality TV to base off of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, first we meet the women and then we'll get into kind of what each of the mentor's roles are.
Speaker 1: But so I was very.
Speaker 2: Happy when I saw this because just like Love Overboard, ghere I said, I knew a familiar face on the cast.
Speaker 1: I did as well.
Speaker 2: The first girl who walks out is Emily twenty seven. She is a medspa botox injector, and I know her because I put her on a dating show four years ago.
Speaker 1: Stop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Emily is amazing. She's so sweet, she's so adorable. I cast her for CBS's The Real Love Boat, which is hosted by Jerry O'Connell and his wife Rebecca Romain, and I don't think anybody watched it, so that's okay. And Emily ended up winning that dating show, so I can't tell you how that show went because I didn't even watch it. But she's a sweetheart and so I love seeing her on this. But I don't want to spoil what we're going to get to in episode two about her just yet for anybody listening who maybe hasn't watched. But the second I saw her walk out, I went, well, that is the most polar opposite to who Harry is and like hookup culture, Like I I already know her story, so that was like kind of funny to me.
Speaker 1: Did she catch your attention right away? Not really? But I'm surprised now that I know this, that she comes back for another go at reality television, but for this show in particular, in particular.
Speaker 2: I am surprised that this is the show that she was down to do. But I'm rooting for her and I adore her. She's a very sweet girl. We're gonna not go through all twenty girls because we were talking off Mike, but not all twenty get a shining moment. So we'll pick a couple here that kind of stood out. Faith twenty four nursing student. She says she's a hopeless romantic looking for her Prince Charming, calls herself a Mexican Rapunzel and grew up in a strict.
Speaker 1: How I love her, I love very cute.
Speaker 2: I love very very cute. She's not cute, she is gorgeous. She is smoking hot. She's smoking when we see her later in that bathing suit. I had some things I have written next to my note for her. In that bathing suit, I was like whoa. And I'm straight, and I was like whoa.
Speaker 1: I thought this, where are they finding these girls? I know you work in tow are they just like hanging out on Instagram all day? Because even still, I know a lot of the women didn't stand out, but they are all so beautiful, They're so gorgeous. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: You know, in my experience.
Speaker 1: Hot people know hot people.
Speaker 2: So it's not like one hot girl runs around with a bunch of uggos. She runs around with other hot people, and so you find one and then you start.
Speaker 1: Just digging through.
Speaker 2: Oh, this person's cute, this one's cute, this one's her cousin. Da da da da, and you just kind of like make your way through. If you're good at your job, this is what we do. They run in herds, yes, and it's not hard to find people that are kind of connected or if they can't do it, they have a hot friend who might be interested to do it. So that's one way that we kind of find people. But it sounds like they also did very big. I mean, Asia is posting.
Speaker 1: The casting notice for this.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they got a lot of really great submissions for this show. Sammy twenty nine, she's a pilates instructor. She's a single mom to a seven year old boy, and she says that she's doing this for both of them.
Speaker 1: I love that they put her in there. I love that their following suit.
Speaker 2: With some of the successful parts of other shows The Bachelor obviously, because also Love Island last season Hudda was a single mom, right and this season on Love Island they had Officer Hotpants, the cop and he was a single dad.
Speaker 1: So the single parent on the dating show is on the rise. It pulls at your heart strings. You cannot help you don't see it yet, but further in the episode, when she's talking about missing her child, it pulls on the heart strings of all of the other mothers that are watching. This is her fairy tale ending. Who doesn't like a good love story. I don't know about it, but but I will say I was.
Speaker 2: I was kind of intrigued when overall in this cast, I'm hearing single mom, her divorced a handful of times from girls, and I was like, yeah, like this is cool, Like we're bringing in like not just typical.
Speaker 1: Girl next door, a little rough around the edges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we had you know, we have some bottle service girls in there, but it's like bottle service, but I'm also a nurse, you know, so.
Speaker 1: You know that I make money, but I'm also super intelligent. Yeah, I mean, listen there.
Speaker 2: It was a nice mixture, I thought when I was hearing kind of all of these girls, you know, talking and introducing themselves, A lot of them have similar names, though, which was very distracting, very distracted.
Speaker 1: There's a Maya A, there's a Maya B. There's a Sammy, There's Samantha, Sammy Samantha. Then there's also Dabbrielly.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that name before. But anyways, Juliana is thirty. She's a corporate healthcare recruiter. She got divorced three years ago from her high school sweetheart. She is not going to settle again. She's not our only divorced girl. We do hear from another one later on. She doesn't use it in her opening package. She kind of slips it in with Harry on their first little one on one.
Speaker 1: But again, I thought that was cool. I'm down for the fact that she's thirty two. So they put our young girls in here, which is what they typically do in casting. There's a lot of young girls who are if I'm ready for our prince charge, like twenty two. They just barely moved out of mom's house because Harry's twenty eight. But is he yes, physically he is. I think mentally he might be too. I will say this, you know.
Speaker 2: Harry kind of does open up in this first episode about that he lost his dad last year when he was twenty seven, and I was twenty seven.
Speaker 1: When I lost my mom, and I know.
Speaker 2: That that is is a very pivotal life change for any you know, young person, and it does really put some things into perspective. I won't go into a lot of details, but there is a recent podcast interview that Harry did and it's a really moving interview.
Speaker 1: That I watched just on my own.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think I was even anticipating us recapping this show, and I just watched.
Speaker 1: It, and.
Speaker 2: It really did make me kind of look at Harry in a different way, in a more mature way. And so I do have a feel I have a feeling like now when I when I watch this, I do feel a little bit more connected to him at this point that we've gone through a similar experience in life.
Speaker 1: That I am rooting for him. I am.
Speaker 2: I'm there are glimmers of still the boy in him when I'm watching this, but I really do think that he is starting to change and mature. And I say that because you kind of can't not mature when you experience something like that in life. And so I think all of this kind of happening around this time, and him putting a different focus on how he approaches love and dating and relationships.
Speaker 1: I think is really interesting and I'm rooting for him. Can we also be frank that there's probably a part of him is like mine need some image help here.
Speaker 2: I don't think I don't think he I don't think he suffers from a bad image.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: That girls are out there calling him toxic or horrible. I just think he's kind of a playboy and he's how they're having fun. But I don't think he's mean, you know, and I don't think he's like I don't think he's like gross. Now we'll get into it because I did do a little dig on Georgia, the ex girlfriend who's a part of this show, because I kind of was like, I want to know why they broke up, and so I looked into that.
Speaker 1: We got Lauren.
Speaker 2: She's thirty, she's a nurse, and uh, that's the one, like we said earlier, that were you know, got us into this show because she's from Joey's season.
Speaker 1: Now, did she get a lot of camera time in this first episode? No, she didn't remember her from Joey's season. I can't say I do because I actually didn't watch Joey sees. I didn't watch Joey.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I am a big Bachelor fan. But there have definitely been seasons that I dipped out on, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and that was one of them.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: I wasn't walking on Almost Famous then, so I didn't really have a need to watch it. I she didn't stand out, unfortunately, but if you blinked, you saw her come out and you saw her leave, well, might be the same this time around.
Speaker 2: So Harry ends up pulling up to me his friends, the three people that are going to kind of be mentor bring him through this process. And that's when we get to meet Amanda Klutes. She's his friend who has helped him through grief. Now do you know who Amanda is?
Speaker 1: I don't now. She is the only person that I googled and that I did a deep dive because I had to know where they're really friends or did they just put these three people in here to just kind of shake up the show? But apparently they are friends, and she also had a stint on Dancing with the Stars. It sounds like she has a recognizable name. That's about as far as I got.
Speaker 2: So she was a talk show host on the Talk The Chat, I can't remember what it was called then it was a round table, so she was a host of that. She's very well known for being a widow. She lost her husband Nick a handful of years ago. She is a single mom and I think she's wonderful. I've actually worked with her twice just this year, and I think she's incredible. She's just so amazing in how she conveys and talks about grief and loss, and that's probably something that they've really connected on.
Speaker 1: That is actually how I recognized her. It was from her sharing much of her story on social media when her husband died. I didn't recognize her from anything else, but that's how I knew who she was. Yeah, that's I think that kind of vulnerability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's actually and she was married before him, and she was divorced.
Speaker 1: She was on Broadway.
Speaker 2: She's had like a very very interesting life. And I know that she also just launched a podcast about grief this last week or two weeks ago. So we are big fans of Amanda Clutes. I adore her. And then the next is Georgia, his ex girlfriend. They broke up four years ago, and he trusts her guidance. Now, I don't know about friends people who stay friends with an ex.
Speaker 1: That's just me personally. I'm not really into that.
Speaker 2: But I've always thought because Georgia is from season three of Too Hot to Hate Mandel, so I already knew who she was. But I always thought, even then when I saw her on that show, like, oh, she is Margot Robbie Doupe, Like she sounds like her, she looks like her, except for she's brunette.
Speaker 1: And she has massive boobs.
Speaker 2: I mean, Margot Robbie does not sure she's adorable. I did want to know, like I said, why they broke up? I looked at did they really date? Yes, he did date her for a year. He dated Georgia for a year and they broke up, and then Harry went on call her daddy and said, like, she kind of cheated on me, and then she came after him and it was like a whole thing. And then somehow they were able to mend things and now they're, you know, friends.
Speaker 1: You don't think that they just put her on the show because she has a recognizable name and it could help push numbers. It it very.
Speaker 2: Well could be that she's in the network already, she's a familiar face.
Speaker 1: You know, sure that very well could be because I have a hard time too with people who stay really close with X. But you know who stays who? You know who stays friends with X's boys. So it actually tracks. So I totally think that's the truth right on point.
Speaker 2: Sonny, he's one I've never seen, and I actually didn't do a deep dive on him. He Harry calls his honorary brother, and Harry says he aspires to have a life like his, and Harry is the godfather to Sonny's son, and so they reveal kind of what the twist is. And what makes this show different is that these three are gonna have like a secret spy room and they will be watching everything and all the interactions of what's happening with the girls with each other, the girls with Harry, like they're gonna watch it all, and so that's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: I think we'll get your take on it.
Speaker 2: I think it's kind of fun because it gives a little bit of the fly on the wall element that we get from watching Love Island, which is all filmed with hidden cameras and there's no host and there's no lead, So it gives me a little bit of that because it's kind of like you're never safe, like everybody's watching everything and like whatever you say, and we see how that kind of gets used against girls in you know, the taping of the show. What it was your take on these three being involved. I kind of feel like they're unnecessary. I really do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get the whole Why not bring them in and out in different episodes, or not tell anyone at all that they're watching.
Speaker 2: Why not allow that to be a whole other piece of the show that we never know they're there.
Speaker 1: I kind of like.
Speaker 2: That, I will say, because they're handing the elimination power over to them.
Speaker 1: But I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I know we haven't beaten there yet. No, I actually don't like that either. I hate it.
Speaker 2: I actually don't like that element. But I think that's why there has to be the setup of we will be watching you, because if they just come out and start eliminating them, these girls would be like.
Speaker 1: Who are you? Why are you eliminating? I don't like it that. You see it in a lot of dating shows where they're close loved ones or close loved ones come in, give them their opinion, talk about who they like, and share.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still let the lead make his own decisions. I don't like the concept of like these three are in charge.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I could do without it. I don't hate it. Tell us what you think eight four four or five almost.
Speaker 2: Harry and the women then kind of tour the house that they're going to be living.
Speaker 1: In, and that's when you.
Speaker 2: Know they already start kind of watching them behind the scenes, and they're saying things like, whoever dates Harry has to be secure in the fact that he has a lot of female friends.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. I don't know Harry.
Speaker 2: But again, hot people hang with hot people, and Harry's a hot guy, so he's hanging out with hot women.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it.
Speaker 2: I think he's still very much in the scene, the La West Hollywood kind of scene. So anyways, then we start to get, you know, some one on one time with the girls and Harry.
Speaker 1: So first up is Faith my girl. I love her, I love her. I'm putting all of my chips in this basket.
Speaker 2: She says she got into pediatrics because she's really into Gray's anatomy.
Speaker 1: It's listen, She's not wrong. It could be a solid choice. Yeah, we liked the name and Addison from Gray's Anatomy, and now I have a daughter named Addison.
Speaker 2: Harry talks about being over the hookup culture and we're going to you know, really drive a nail in this one. And he's gets set all over and over again in this first episode, and Faith says she wants to be married in five years and Harry likes that sexy confidence that she has.
Speaker 1: Harry likes her brunette hair and her big eyes and her.
Speaker 2: Big Harry wants a brunette is actually the other title that they were choosing between for this show, because there is hardly a blonde insight not.
Speaker 1: To be not to be on this show.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Harry and Samantha they're both geminis and she thinks that they have a lot in common because this is really hard hitting stuff guys on this dating show.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was cute, Like nothing bumped me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe because it's an Alex Cooper show. I just don't have like in depth. But then there were there were some conversations with death and depth. You know that that got me a little bit, but overall, this is a flirty, fun hook up adjacent show.
Speaker 1: This is not I'm not on board yet that Harry is going to be this like sole person on this new life and family and kids. I think he does eventually want it. I think that is probably the goal, the ten year goal, I would think, because if you.
Speaker 2: Noted twenty eight, I don't. I gotta keep reminding myself he's twenty eighty.
Speaker 1: Just a baby. Don't think he's ready. Just a baby.
Speaker 2: But he did like to tell us that he's got like twelve nieces and nephews, be a lot.
Speaker 1: He is definitely selling the like, look at me, I can be the family man. I can do it. Yeah, he's definitely trying to put it out there, and I bet it's probably in there somewhere, but it's deep. Still, he's got some he's got some playing still to do, and some of these conversations when he sits down with these ladies, he looks genuinely not interested. Well.
Speaker 2: With Samantha, she does say that she doesn't think she was born to be a mother, and immediately Harry's like, like, well, I want a family, and so like then she later says her hidden talent is that she can clap her tongue.
Speaker 1: Why didn't we see that? I needed to see that. We did see it. She showed it to the girls. Oh later, not in that Yeah, I'm not yeah, not with Harry.
Speaker 2: She didn't say like, oh, I don't want to be a mom, but I can clap my tongue.
Speaker 1: Watch.
Speaker 2: They should have let her show Harry that he's into seeing all of the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe that would have swayed him.
Speaker 2: Come on, then, it's Harry and Deborah le and I just wrote down love her accent.
Speaker 1: It is just so cute.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, as a California girl, I have the problem, right, I say, like too much, and it's a problem. It's a problem, But I don't have a cute Southern accent.
Speaker 1: And I just think it's endearing and it works seat and us girls benefit. You just bat your eyes and say, oh baby, you are so cute. It's come on in here and let me get you some sweet tea bag. It's so cute.
Speaker 2: You guys really like it.
Speaker 1: Again. Harry says he'll be a good dad to her.
Speaker 2: He says, I've not been good at a lot of things, but he knows he'll be a good dad. Okay, Harry, we're really laying this family thing on really thick. Harry and Maya A. She was a professional dancer for most of her life, and Harry feels like she.
Speaker 1: Just wants to be on TV, which turns him off. This is the one.
Speaker 2: This is the one where he says I'm done talking to her. In his interview, He's like, I'm done with her. I don't want that. And then behind the scenes, the spies are watching this too, and they already are like not interested in her for the same reason.
Speaker 1: But I didn't think she was that bad. I mean, they're all there for a reason, you know what I mean, And maybe they'll look out and find love with Harry and they'll all run off into the sunset. But like, I didn't actually think she was that bad.
Speaker 2: I just think he's got to make five They've got to make five cuts in this first episode.
Speaker 1: And not all of these girls fit the housewife.
Speaker 2: Not all of these girls are popping maybe in their little chats, and so they've got to start getting just like really stern, like cause I don't think he'd be that crazy on night one, right, I think if you ask any bachelor or any lead night one is kind of stressful, right, you're not, but you're also not really like you don't.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. It's based on attraction because you don't really know anybody unless they made that first impression. Unless it's somebody and major first impression. He literally know from experience. I was like, I don't care. I want these three to stay. You can call the rest. That's how this works. Peep, Sorry, Harry and Charlie.
Speaker 2: He opens up about the loss of his father to her, and then in the interview he talks about the rocky relationship between his parents and how his dad was reflecting on that before he passed away, and Herry gets really emotional talking about this. So basically, his parents were divorced and then not on good terms, and then his dad was talking a lot about that in his final days. This is our first moment, Heather, this is this is the emotional Yeah, this is the first real emotional moment we get from Harry. And again, I've lost my parents were divorced, I've lost a parent, and I've my parents were on very good terms. But there was a lot of conversations like that happening towards the end, and it's.
Speaker 1: Heavy and.
Speaker 2: When you go through I think he mentions this, right, when you go through grief like that and you're alone and you don't have anybody to lean on and come home to, it's really really hard and.
Speaker 1: Lonely.
Speaker 2: And I think that that's a lot of what Harry's kind of expressing in these early episodes is just that feeling of loneliness. And I can't imagine as a man what it must feel like to lose a father. And I think he's the only boy in his family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he talks about her sisters, So get a lot of that in this whole in this whole episode up until this point of him saying I want to get married, I want to have children, I want to do this, and it looked just like words to me. For me, this was the first moment that we saw a little crack, we saw just a little break into who Harry really is. For me as a viewer, this was the first time where I was like, oh, maybe maybe he could do the whole marriage and kid thing. You get to see just the slightest bit of vulnerability with him right here where he shows just a little bit of humanity. I'm going to say something maybe controversial.
Speaker 2: Do you think that sometimes the playboy or the playgirl doesn't actually settle down until an oopsie happens, and that's when stuff gets real.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, Yes, I would agree.
Speaker 2: I would agree with people where it's like they're almost forced into it, the party comes to a screeching halt because life happens, and they rise to the occasion, not you know, not saying it's easy. And I think I'm not a parent, but I've heard a lot of parents say you're never fully ready to be a parent.
Speaker 1: You know, you learn as you go, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's also kind of Harry's future, where it's like he's open to it happening at this point, and like maybe he's not putting it technically into motion, but if it happened, he would rise to the occasion.
Speaker 1: I think there's a path, right, I think there's a path, and maybe he's just starting to head down that path. I think he has many years of gury still to go, but I do think that he is just starting to get down the path. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charlie opens back up to him and says that you know she hasn't lost a parent, but that her mom has multiple multiple sclerosis, and they kind of hug and have that emotional connection. I wrote later on because I think, you know, a little moment with him and Charlie is sweet. But then fast forward she goes onto the group date and I will.
Speaker 1: I had high home after this conversation. I had high hopes for this girl. I really did. Yeah, that not good.
Speaker 2: So then Harry lets all the other girls know that he's been keeping a secret. He's got these spies behind, you know, the scenes, helping him out. And they come out and they say that they will be putting the women in Harry through a series a compatibility test. If they are compatible, they will go on dates. If they don't think they are compatible with Harry, they will be sent home. And so they just ride away pick five girls that they want to go on a group date with Harry the next day, and that's Charlie, Deborah, Lee, Maya Bee, Sam and Faith and everybody's like Sam.
Speaker 1: Nobody Sam.
Speaker 2: Everybody's like Sam, you didn't even talk to him, what's happening? And all of them then have to justify why they've chosen Sam, and they are all like, well, that's his type.
Speaker 1: You're going on the date because you fit.
Speaker 2: Harry's the mold of like what he's interested in physically, and so that's kind of funny that they're all like, I actually spoke.
Speaker 1: To him and he didn't choose me.
Speaker 2: You didn't even talk to him and he chose you. So yes, ladies, the first night is based on looks. That is what happens. So the next day they go on this boat date and they talk about that everybody is a brunette, so clearly that Harry has a type.
Speaker 1: Did you see him stumble though there's no blondes are great too, I'm watching him like Harry, Why why even the girl see it too? It's funny.
Speaker 2: If I had to be really deep, i'd also notice that there's not maybe a wide range of diversity on this show. But that's that's just the way things are tending to go now on shows.
Speaker 1: Charlie, like I said, I.
Speaker 2: Wrote, seems so serious on this date, I guess wrote, uh.
Speaker 1: And when they're going around in the circle and they're talking about their type, right, everybody's a little funny. And then and then Faith is like, well, I'm in my rat boy era. And then it gets to Charlie and she's like I date for personality, so part of me is like, yeah, girl, me too. Go ahead. You're also on a show with a guy who has a past of like too hot to handle. She also just talks so slow that I.
Speaker 2: Was just like, wake up a shot. You are on a boat with Harry jouson what.
Speaker 1: Are you doing?
Speaker 2: I was just like, I just really wrote in the note so serious. And then back at the house, Sammy, like we said, our single mom, she is feeling a lot of guilt being away from her son, and she gets very emotional. It's funny because later on then she's outside chatting with somebody else and she's like, oh, blah blah blah, I just you know, I miss my son. And the girl goes, what and she goes, yeah, I'm a mom. Didn't she know that? And the girl goes, I just met you?
Speaker 1: Why would I know that? She was like, why would I know that? I just met you? And then she goes, you're a mom. That's cool. Also, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Lauren talks about in the real world how she probably wouldn't like the idea of dating someone who's best friends with their ex. Hey, Lauren, me me, you were on that one especially when and his ex is Georgia and she's hot and she looks like Margot Robbie. Yeah, wouldn't want that.
Speaker 1: Girl judging me. Harry and Maya then they go down the oyster.
Speaker 2: So they have these like little mini dates on the boat, and so Maya Bee tries oysters with him for the first time.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if you caught this. How many times he told her are we gonna gag?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And I'm not even a filthy human being. At least I think twice, if not three times he said, Okay, are we gagging? And then they cheers the oysters. He's like, we're gagging and they shoot the oyster.
Speaker 2: Is he saying gagging or going gagging?
Speaker 1: Gagging?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a because these people don't like oysters, that.
Speaker 1: The texture of them. Maybe it's an Australian thing like slang.
Speaker 2: The only time I've ever heard a man talk about gagging, it was a very sexual innu window.
Speaker 1: First of all, I love oyster? Do you like oysters?
Speaker 2: My god, Heather, I almost just fell off this couch and thought you were gonna tell me you love gagging.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, Oh I learned something new that you want that. I love oysters. I love oysters. I'm a foodie. I love food, but I like them with all the accouterments. I want the cracker, I want the horse radish, I want the hot sauce. I want the whole thing. I'm lemon juice and down it really yeap? Do you chew it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Swallow? He didn't. He tell her we're gagging. He cheers the oysters and said we're gagging. And Heather's like, I'm down. I swallow, stop stop.
Speaker 2: I will say I love oysters. I went to New Orleans and I had oysters and I did gag. Have you ever had uh not on Pacific Ocean oysters?
Speaker 1: No? But I am very well traveled and I only have certain places in the world that I will eat, like sushi, oysters, things like that. I'm not going to Lexington and eating sushi. I well, you're on you're near water, No New Orleans, mock. Do you have you smelled New Orleans when you're flying It was my first time And I'm just gonna say, Heather, everything when you're flying in smells oysters.
Speaker 2: Right. The best ones are from Washington and they're like this big right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So We're.
Speaker 2: Walking around in New Orleans and we see a sign that says oysters and it's happy hour, so we go in there, we order oysters.
Speaker 1: They are like the size of a softball or something.
Speaker 2: There were massive, so right away we were shocked by how big you have to swallow that. Yes, I'm and I'm shocked at how big it is.
Speaker 1: Clip it. This is so awful. So I were both single. By the way, we're doing really well. We're doing really well, so I ate it.
Speaker 2: And the taste was nothing like a Pacific Ocean oyster. I had oysters when I was in Australia this last year. Fantastic. Those were great. This this was.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to go into the details. I actually I like almost I almost vomited. They bury their dead under in sea level and you are eating those oysters, Heather, have you not when you were landing there were you not like, hmmm, I don't use windows sell what is that smell?
Speaker 2: But when you were walking around said happy hour, you weren't like, huh, it smells like death.
Speaker 1: Here, let's go in here and try oysters. It was it was a choice. It was really bad.
Speaker 2: But then we were there for a wedding, and then so we went to the wedding the next day and they had an oyster bar at the wedding.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of oyster talk. We're actually an oyster podcast now. And they did.
Speaker 2: Fried oysters at their wedding oyster bar, and I went, well, I guess I will try it.
Speaker 1: Did you like it? Yes? Anything Friday?
Speaker 2: So it was actually, yeah, it was like breaded and something totally fine to eat the regular the raw not good. So I learned a lesson the hard way. But they eat oysters on the bat and.
Speaker 1: It's my asphrodisia. Yeah, I don't know about that. You didn't feel all goosey when you were done?
Speaker 2: No, And also the last time I ate them, I was alone. Wasn't feeling goosey by myself, and I.
Speaker 1: Ate them in the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: I actually just had some last I actually just went walked down by the beach and had some by myself.
Speaker 1: I just loved it, mister Fiel goosey. After that, No, I did not. Oh my god, so Harry wasn't. It wasn't working out work for them either.
Speaker 2: But you know, I wouldn't ever want to do oysters. But this This is kind of the point. This is why they don't kiss on a first date. I always on a first date and then want to kiss somebody, So they don't kiss. After this, but he says he wants to spend more time with her, and then Harry and Deborah Lee. She likes his confidence, and Harry says he's never had a cavity. Now I bolded this for a reason, and that's because Harry. I have not had a cavity either in my life. I think that's a flex. How old are you thirty eight? Oh, you're just a young spring chicken.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: If I've never had a cavity at this point in my life, my dentist has told me, I am never going.
Speaker 1: To have a very impressive When you go on like any date and you lead with like, tell me something that I don't know about you, it should be that I'm a superhero and I've never had a cavity.
Speaker 2: Guess how many teeth I've had removed though from my mouth? Why overcrowding?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah, but you have a beautiful smile, Thank you, I have had.
Speaker 2: Did you have braces, yes, because they're perfect and in vizzile line as you did get a Look at her perfect teeth.
Speaker 1: She has a perfect smile.
Speaker 2: I had three teeth removed before I had braces, and then I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed before I did in visil Line. So I've had seven teeth removed. I don't have canines on my top.
Speaker 1: I don't have them. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's so funny when I look at really old pictures of myself, and that's the first thing I noticed is I go, oh, my gosh, those little fangs.
Speaker 1: I don't have those anymore.
Speaker 2: How old were you, uh, fourteen when I got those removed?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And I only had three wisdom teeth. I didn't have all four. It was a gnarly day to get them all out. Say that. Yeah, okay, So then Harry and Charlie. I'm glad they put them on a jet ski Heather because I couldn't take another painful conversation, and she is not happy about having to ride the jet ski. We take the only black girl on the show and make her get on a jet ski.
Speaker 2: She's not the only one, but yes, uh, I believe Amber.
Speaker 1: Oh you're right, I forgot about her. Yeah, we'll get to her. She's a pistol. She's a pistol.
Speaker 2: That she's doing something I think the kids call nagging, and I'll tell you all about that. But yeah, he even says, we're on a jet ski and even I can tell she's too serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says in his interview, like too serious and sometimes Harry just wants to have a laugh. Yeah, I don't blame you, Harry. She is Dolesville.
Speaker 2: Then he gets to move on to my girl Faith. Well wait no, then we go to Sam. Oh, come on, this is big.
Speaker 1: This is a big.
Speaker 2: First one because Harry rubs suntan lotion on her legs and then she says like, I'll rub it on you. Harry is roasting in roasting. He is first of all cut. This is actually something I didn't like about this show, and this is just me being really nitpicky. I can tell that the show is a little bit low budge in the sense that Harry's covering his eyes in a shot because the sun is just beaming straight into his eyes. And before that, when the experts were out on the driveway meeting the women, Amanda Klutes is also getting the sun in her eyes, and guys, on a normal set, you have somebody with a visor blocking the sun so it's not in the talent's eyes and they're all squinting like this. But if it's a low budge, shoot, you don't have somebody to do that.
Speaker 1: So that's what makes me think it's a little low budge. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But so she starts rubbing suntan lotion on him, and then Harry goes in for the first kiss of the show.
Speaker 1: This is like the same goal for me because the show is perfect. You're watching them kiss and all the girls are in the background watching.
Speaker 2: Of course, all of them in the same they're also all in the same frame. They're all sitting literally pressed up against the glass watching.
Speaker 1: He's gotta know they're watching. Yes, he knows that they're watching.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care because he's Harry Jowsey and he's been on multiple dating shows and he probably doesn't even realize cameras are there anymore. He kisses so much on television. Okay, so that's the end of episode one. We get the preview for the next episode, which is that there will be an elimination ceremony Harry kissing a bunch of girls, women being Hattie and jealous, and then episode two kicks off. We're still on the boat. We're on this group day. And this is when Faith says, oh.
Speaker 1: She's getting a first kiss. I'm gonna go in.
Speaker 2: And get an even longer kiss or something. What does she say to the other girls. You can just see how young Faith is here. I'm all for it. I mean, I like her. She's so beautiful, she's so hot. Harry's into it too, he is, well, tell me what, Harry says. Okay, So they get on and their mini date is massages. Now they're supposed to be each getting massaged by professionals, and Faith goes, I'll give you a massage, and Harry's like, oh really and yeah, So she shoes the massuse away in her bathing suit.
Speaker 1: Straddles Harry bikini too. She is crazy, what did I put here in all caps? Her body is great, it is gorgeous.
Speaker 2: And so she straddles him, and Harry says he likes that Faith made a move by giving him a massage.
Speaker 1: The massage looked painful to me, the way she was really man handling him. He seemed to like it, but it looked painful. He looked uncomfortable. His face was like scrunched and squinting. I mean, I think he liked that she was straddling him for sure. Maybe she was just showing him what she's into.
Speaker 2: They kiss, And do you notice how whenever I write that they kiss in the notes, I put lots of exclamation marks. Yeah, I do that because that's actually how I watched the show. Like, when I'm writing and watching at the same time, I go, they kiss, and I say it out loud as I'm typing it. They kiss with a lot of exclamation marks. Harry says the sexual energy between them is electric, and her ass is the size of a small planet, and he wants to put his face in it.
Speaker 1: I was so here for that moment. We're getting all sides of Harry. We're getting playboy, we're getting settled down Harry, We're getting boy Harry. We're getting all the pieces, and in this moment, he says exactly what is on his mind, and he wants to eat her literally like a little snack.
Speaker 2: And they give some nice shots of her ass and faith I'm gonna just say that probably ten years from now, twenty years from now, you're gonna be glad that that lives on television, on the internet, you're gonna be like, look at my ass, Look how hot I was or still am. Back at the house, the girls filled the rest in on their group date because now that it's over, in their back and Faith tells some of the girls that she made out with Harry the whole time.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk, we just made out. And they don't like that. Nobody likes it. They do not like hearing that at all. And just remember people are watching you.
Speaker 2: So then Harry and Sammy chat and Sammy says that the first day was overwhelming for her and fills in Harry that she's a single mom of a seven year old, and she gets emotional even just like saying her kid's name, and Harry's like, that's cool, congrats.
Speaker 1: This is another moment that I wondered. I was dying to text you if you saw it too. He's like, oh wow, congratulations, congrats that you have a child.
Speaker 2: He even responds and makes a joke and says, oh, yeah, well he's seven, congratulations he was birds seven years ago. She says she wants to find a man who wants kids because she wants more, and Harry says he wants kids too, and he says, you know that he's got twelve nieces and nephews, and then Harry goes in for the kiss. Lots of tongue in this kiss, and I wrote, eeke because it just keeps showing we're like morphing into the same person. Because I had the exact same thought right that I could see his tongue coming in and out of his mouth into her mouth, and I was like, it's just unnecessary.
Speaker 1: It's it made me want to ask you how you feel about first kiss tongue? Oh, I like it?
Speaker 2: Well, I think a little bit if the chemistry is there not not like Harry was eating her like he was having her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I don't need that. That's saved for like the bedroom, the passionate part of things. He was having his way with her in that moment and she was all, no, no, I have a child.
Speaker 2: Literally the conversation was I'm a mommy, and then he was like, come here, mommy, and like like but they caught the angle from the side and he could literally see his tongue.
Speaker 1: There was a lot and I will just.
Speaker 2: My feeling on tongue is similar to like they say in the wedding singer Church tongue not porno tongue. That's what I think is appropriate. So then the ladies are getting ready and Faith again fills in some of the women about how she offered to give Harry the massage.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh, you guys.
Speaker 2: Weren't you weren't supposed to do that, And She's like, no, I just like took control.
Speaker 1: The women are like, not happy with that, my poor girl.
Speaker 2: Later, the other women on the boat talk about watching all the boat kissing. Harry's feeling overwhelmed by who his friends are going to choose for him and who they will eliminate. He says he cannot make this choice for himself. So then Jade interesting one Jade. She jokingly asks him if he's getting married for a green card.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, I loved it, and uh he says no, And he says that. He starts talking about his mom has a farm full of animals.
Speaker 2: They connect, They talk a lot about pigs and horses, and then again Jade wants to get married. She thinks that they're vibing, and the next day, Samantha, she talks with the girls about being from a very Catholic family but that she was encouraged to come and do this experience.
Speaker 1: And then she says she quit her job for this, and I was like, oh, Samantha did not take Reality TV one oh one before she did this? Whoa girl?
Speaker 2: And I would I would have been like, hey, Harry, I quit my job for you. Look, I would have probably dropped that knowledge like early on, especially.
Speaker 1: When you know there's eliminations. I just had to double check for a second there on how old Samantha is in twenty ten, So maybe your job. She's probably working at Little Lemon. So hold on, Samantha is Remember I said we weren't going to go through them all. Samantha.
Speaker 2: I wrote down her name and never wrote anything else about her because I was like.
Speaker 1: She didn't speak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So I don't actually look at all of them.
Speaker 1: I have their jobs except for her. I don't even have her job, okay, Samantha. So yeah, we don't know what to you.
Speaker 2: It's just blank, yeah twenty three, the twenty three and no job because I didn't catch that, And so we don't know what job you quit. Maybe you're a rocket scientist and you quit that right to be with Harry. Right, we'll never know, or maybe we will know if you come on the pod. Harry goes and meets with his mentors and says he can feel the sexual chemistry with Faith obviously, obviously. But his mentors fill him in that she's been bragging about the kissing and all of that since she got home, and Harry thinks that this is a red flag.
Speaker 1: This is exaggerated. I have to defend Faith here, I have to. I didn't feel like it was bragging. I thought she was just telling her friends, her friends about her date. No, why didn't feels calculating. It was calculating.
Speaker 2: Listen, she saw that other girl kiss and she went, I'm gonna go kiss even longer, like that was the first thing she said in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: She knew what she was doing.
Speaker 2: She was flexing, and listen, this is the thing with these shows is the cast is not made up of a bunch of wallflowers. The cast is made up with alpha females for a reason. It's like, these are the girls who take charge, who don't like sit back and wait for the guy.
Speaker 1: They go full force.
Speaker 2: And that's where the competition comes in, because this is competition elimination people. And she knows what she's doing, So Harry thinks that's a red flag.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Harry if you should think it's a red flag.
Speaker 2: But whatever, Harry thinks he has sexual chemistry with Sammy and jokes he wants to see her boobs, and then they scold him for saying this.
Speaker 1: The mentors, and then the mentors straight up.
Speaker 2: Say we want to send Jade home. They don't like her energy. Well, I was like, WHOA. I wasn't expecting them to say right then who they wanted to go home? I thought they were going to tiptoe around it. Let me go to our elimination ceremony, which doesn't even have a name. I think we should call it the ring ceremony because we kind of skipped over this. But they all get a fake engagement ring when they walk into the show. They're all proudly wearing and they all proudly have to wear it, and then when they get eliminated.
Speaker 1: They have to put it back in the box. And you do notice that when they're walking in, they're walking into a wedding ceremony. It's a wedding venue essentially, is what it looks like. Yours are set up on either side.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is at the altar yes, they all walk to like some sort of gazebo huppah in this yard and they.
Speaker 1: Sit him out.
Speaker 2: The best man and his best woman are up there exactly, and I wrote, I wrote, side note, Harry looks hot in this outfit. He is wearing a black sweater and slacks, and that sweater was hugging in all the right places. And I really do think men, if any of you are listening, I don't think you are. I think it's all women.
Speaker 1: There's not enough sweater wearing with men.
Speaker 2: Not on the West Coast anyways, I'm not seeing it. And we got to bring back the men wearing sweaters because Harry.
Speaker 1: Was working it.
Speaker 2: As long as it's not a turtleneck. I actually don't hate a turtleneck. No heather on a grown man. It is a huge ic for me. No grown men in turtlenecks. Not even like a mocked turtleneck, not even like a T shirt with a mockneck. I'm not having it.
Speaker 1: Not even a sweatshirt with a mockneck. No, it needs to be a normal like crew neck. No, I'm into all of that. Diana, we disagree. Uh.
Speaker 2: The mentors say that they're sending five people home today. There are five ring boxes out on the table. Harry doesn't know who the mentors are sending home. Harry will open the ring box and read the eliminated person's name.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 2: And then Harry will get the chance to save one woman he thinks he could have a future with. If he uses the save, he has to send someone else home.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 2: And so they eliminate Samantha, Lauren, Maya, A, Lindsey, and Jade and the ladies are all coming up one at a time to give back their rings, and Lauren says she felt it coming.
Speaker 1: Lauren, we watched this whole show because of you.
Speaker 2: You felt it coming, and I just so tell us. She goes, uh, she didn't think they were a match, but she does think that her fit is fire that she's exiting in for you.
Speaker 1: I honestly was like, I wish every girl when they get kicked off on the Bachelor on Night one, I wish they could all do this instead of being so sad intereio there was I think it was Samantha.
Speaker 2: It was just full blown bawling during her exit interview and even says, stop filming me right now. And the thing is is that it's not about the strong connection with Harry. It's about the embarrassment of being in the first of the girls to go home. I could never for many reasons were.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, we were just easting it and I were just having this conversation that there is almost like this piece of you when you get onto the show that turns into well, like I have to be the last one there. I have to make it to the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, there is this piece that just happens a you cannot go home night one, You cannot be a night one girl?
Speaker 1: What does that say about you? And then you just turn into whether you like the guy or not, you turn into I have to make it to the end. I love him. I love him. I have to make it to the end.
Speaker 2: This is why they break up when cameras are done filming for seasons, because the chase is.
Speaker 1: Over and now reality.
Speaker 2: Is set, and then you realize he's a cry baby. Harry chooses to use his save on Jade and he wants to get to know her better. She agrees to stay, so then Harry has to immediately eliminate someone, and he chooses to eliminate Faith. And I wrote the way I gasped when he said this. They did this whole setup setup of you know, talking smack about faith. But I actually did not see this. I see this coming. I am just as stunned as she is. She looks, hormoustated, horrified. She's just like gas like gape mouth gaped open cameras on her. By the way, why does she look like she just stepped out of Downton Abbey with the necklace.
Speaker 1: She's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm just just questioning the Victorian pearl necklace with the hair.
Speaker 1: It was a look. It was a choice faith. We didn't see it coming, No, not coming. We did not think.
Speaker 2: After that hot makeout session where he said he wanted to stick his face in your ass, that you were going to be going home in the first round of eliminations.
Speaker 1: They have to bring her back. I'm convinced that they will do at least me a solid and bring her back. I don't know the chemistry is there between the two of them, if they could just give her another solid choice, their solid chance. They have to bring her back. We'll have to see.
Speaker 2: Later that night, Harry and Maya Bee talk and Harry says he wished he told her how much funny he had with her on the boat group date, and she opens up about how it felt seeing him kiss on the group date.
Speaker 1: She says it was shocking to her.
Speaker 2: She keeps going on and on, being like, I thought you were going to do things differently, and then you were like kissing on the first date and then they kiss.
Speaker 1: Like you you what you're like?
Speaker 2: I thought you were different. I thought you were like gonna be different this time. I thought you were dropping that boy thing. And then it's like can we kiss?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Then they kiss, and then they cut to her talking about how it wasn't her best work.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, that was She leaves it all up to this moment and then she's like, oh, I need a second go at it. That is not my best My lips, my teeth, everything.
Speaker 2: Was squatting why because she went in and he didn't like move his body, so she had to shift her body off of that lounge chair and she had to hold a squat while she was kissing him. And I would have been girl. First of all, the hottest thing about Harry is how tall he is. Yeah, yeah, chef's kiss. He's at least six three sixty four. I think he's six y five.
Speaker 1: The girls talk about it in the episode I craky six fide yummy, yummy, yummy, great great great.
Speaker 2: So that is the best part about kissing a very tall man is that you don't do it where you're both awkwardly sitting face to face and your tippy toes. You raised him up and then you go in for the kiss. But anyways, she said it wasn't her best work, and I guess she was right. So the next day, the mentors are putting the remaining fifteen women through a compatibility test. They are testing their core values and if they align with Harry's and the winners, they say the winner will get a date with Harry, but it ends up being another group day because more than one girl wins. So they ask a bunch questions, like their timeline on having kids, what they find attractive, favorite sex position. Emily does not give an answer because she's a virgin. And this is where we all find out that my girl is a virgin and she is waiting till marriage. She's on the wrong reality show. That's where when I'm telling you. When I saw that she was announced for this, I was like, girl, really, I knew that nothing had changed in that department. So they talk about what the biggest priority is sexual frequency and most important quality in marriage. Four women end up going on this group date with Harry. Well they will be in this next episode because we don't see it. It's Sammy, Juliana, Jade, and Shane. And then back at the house Harry and amberchat. Now this is when Amber gets into the conversation. She points out that they don't have may not a lot of answers in common, and.
Speaker 1: She tells him that this whole experience is not really who's she is.
Speaker 2: Yep, Harry finds Amber intriguing because she's giving him the chase.
Speaker 1: This to me is not good. I'm just like, this.
Speaker 2: Is gameplay and this to me is furry. And that's why I don't like it. I don't like this whole like, you don't have a lot in common. I actually would to.
Speaker 1: Actually do that. Yes, hook line and hook line and sinker.
Speaker 2: He was like, oh man, like a bit like a little puppy, and they like this I did.
Speaker 1: She treated him like a little puppy. He was all over it. She's being bitch. She was slopping up from her feet up.
Speaker 2: After that, it doesn't catch my vibe. I'm not this kind of girl. But anyways, Amber, you do you. Emily tells a few of the other girls that she's a virgin. They're all kind of shocked by this, and she's like, I've waited this long. I'm gonna keep waiting. And then we go back to Amber. We're still talking. He actually picks her up and carries her outside for a one on one chat in front of everybody, and she's like, yeah, this is more like it. And he thinks she's mysterious.
Speaker 1: Again. To me, this equals dismissive, avoidant. It's fine written on it. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: But then she says that she was married ten years ago, and I go, okay, I'm listening. She says she grew up Mormon, and she married because it was like basically ingrained in the culture, and her parents wanted her, you know, to do this, and she wanted to have her parents be proud of her, and so she does it. And then she says that she doesn't connect with organized religion anymore. So again we're getting a little bit of a deep conversation here, because then he's talking about his feelings on religion.
Speaker 1: Then Harry and Danell. It's a weird name.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Danelluh, it's her birthday. We're about to get into something spicy, guys. So they bring her out a cake and then they see nothing about her before this point.
Speaker 1: Literally nothing. When this happens. As I'm watching the show, I have to go back and say, who is this person? When did she get there? Exactly? So then they go into the kitchen to cut the cake and they go.
Speaker 2: He goes, we don't have to keep cutting the cake for those girls out there.
Speaker 1: We'll do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: And they kiss, but it felt like an awkward kiss, like it felt like, oh, it's your birthday, so I'm going to kiss.
Speaker 1: You it would you lie? It was giving a little.
Speaker 2: Pick me energy, like pick me, give me a kiss, it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: I wasn't into it.
Speaker 2: And then somebody suggests they go upstairs, so they just literally leave all the girls in the living room as the girls are munching on the birthday cake.
Speaker 1: They're all housing this.
Speaker 2: Cake, and they go upstairs and they lay down on Harry's bed and he can't stop looking at her boobs.
Speaker 1: She calls him out for.
Speaker 2: Sarah, And I literally was writing that in the notes like his eyes, you see it, you see it.
Speaker 1: He's not being quite a bit. She looks him dead in the face and says, are you looking at my boobs? He's like no, as he's looking at her boobs.
Speaker 2: Then they kiss again, and then they go into the closet and they like, it's right still. It wasn't the bathroom. It was the closet because they go there aren't any cameras in here.
Speaker 1: This is what they say as they're walking in.
Speaker 2: There aren't any cameras in here, and then all we hear is audio with a shot on the closet. I'm not going to reenact the audio, but it was it was raunchy, okay.
Speaker 1: Because we're doing this together and we did the last show together. It took me right back to that steamy shower scene and love Overboard. Yes, it took me right back to that.
Speaker 2: Yes, And we ended on a perfect cliffhanger because then we see two of the women go upstairs and they're going, Harry, where are you, Harry, And it's like they're just about to turn into the room and that's where the episode ends. So personally, I think, Danelle, your days are numbered.
Speaker 1: If our girl faith can even have a little makeout session.
Speaker 2: What makes you what makes you think you're gonna get the full enchilada and you're gonna stick around.
Speaker 1: I think that the mentors are going to send you home for that. I don't know. I feel like they need to let him have a little fun. They're letting him have fun. He's doing it. He's not like adjusting his shirt. He's like, oh, girls, girls, girls.
Speaker 2: The problem is is my producer brain goes on and it says that that's actually not what's happening in the room.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to reality TV. I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: The audio is such like a pickup from something else we don't know where.
Speaker 1: But I'm hooked. I'm hooked. I'm hooked.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna keep watching the show. It's all out, I think now, and then later on a finale episode will air a couple of days after this first batch that's been released, so we're gonna be following it. Obviously, we're gonna try and get some of the girlies to come on the show.
Speaker 1: God, I hope so got to talk to my girl Emily. What if they get married, What if they get married? What if we get We're.
Speaker 2: Gonna end on this. Who do you think is going to be our winner? Let's place the bet now we're only two episodes in and then we're going to go. As much as I love my girl, Emily, I don't think it's you, bab.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be Emily. It's not going to be Emily. I actually want you to answer because I saw a spoiler. Unfortunately, no, I can't because I really had all my cards on faith.
Speaker 2: I really did have some faith in faith. Maybe she'll be back, I really hope.
Speaker 1: But from the second she got out, I was like, oh my god, she's She looks right up as Allie. I also, I don't know why, but I think Debora Lee is going to be a high contender.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Yeah, Deborah, we're rooting for you, all right. I've been Heather, I've been Gianna. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.