Speaker 1: It's leg with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Oh okay, what did you just say? I want everybody to hear?
Speaker 2: I said, are you ready to break down what I personally feel might be the most boring episode in nine O two and OHO history. I'm not hosting to.
Speaker 1: Say it boring. I mean, yeah, everything was boring until the Oh my gosh, yes, okay, yes, yeah, I mean I don't want to give it away. I mean it's okay, someone oh D's in the pea pad?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, And I don't want to minimalize that.
Speaker 1: And that is no.
Speaker 2: No, of course a proper storyline. But going between Dick dying and you doing a Russian accent impersonating a dance, true, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wow, what where did this storyline come from? Claire and Kelly go to the Palm Desert, I pretend to be Ukrainian dancers? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We always like a good episode of nine on two and zero in the desert. So I was like, oh, in Palm Springs History, this is gonna be good because I didn't remember that storyline either.
Speaker 1: Wait, we should tell everybody Amy's not with us today and she's feeling better. The shoulders feeling better. I'm pretty sure that's not why she's not here. She just had some conflict today.
Speaker 2: So it's just me and Tory. I know. So you're not gonna have your super fan here, so you go, but.
Speaker 1: I'll be I'll represent really well. Well okay, I mean remembering anything that ever happened. Can I still be a superman? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. No, and you don't have a look in your eyes, So no, you're not a superman. Nailed it. Okay, let's go. Wait. So I got to say when I saw the name of this episode, I got nervous again because there's been so many episodes this season that are sports related.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I knew.
Speaker 2: So I got to say, when I saw a street shooter, I thought it was gonna be about Pool.
Speaker 1: You're sting Pool. They were shooting a different kind of ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which I still got upset about because we've had so many, like I feel, boy themed episodes.
Speaker 1: Oh right, we've had baseball, We've had.
Speaker 2: I got nothing waiting.
Speaker 1: I feel like there were a lot run No that you've been thinking of football football? Oh right, I don't remember that one. Oh my god, I don't remember what happened in season seven? Already, you guys, this is bad hockey hockey. We did hot we had hockey.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now this is our fourth sports related episode.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you don't want the boys to do boy things.
Speaker 2: No, I encourage them to do boy things. I feel like it's not an a storyline for nine O two and.
Speaker 1: Oher So okay. So in your opinion, the basketball stuff with Brandon and Steve and Dick was the acetoiling. Yeah, definitely right.
Speaker 2: And I know the reason they had it there so we could get to the whole Dick storyline. But I feel like, I don't know. I love the relationships on nine on two and zero, like that's what I want to see. Teen angst, Well, twenty something angst.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Season seven episode twenty one People Star Right Shooter aired February twenty sixth, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Synopsis r Ip Dick Harrison. Steve is grief stricken when his buddies drug use turns lethal. David and Donna deliver a magical onscreen moment at the Marina right after she dives off for Cliff.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get dives off the cliff.
Speaker 2: Dives off, but for yeah, I dive off the cliff, the cliff, the yeah him, Oh I'm so upset.
Speaker 1: About that, but cliff.
Speaker 2: Okay. Meanwhile, did Clara and Kelly go upon Springs to rejuvenate or impersonate Ah?
Speaker 1: Directed by Chip Chalmers, written by Larry Mullen, So there you go. Larry Mullen pretty much sums it up that it's you know, he of course he's gonna be a little bit more nuanced guys storylines, right or is that generalization?
Speaker 2: I understand that, But he's not the only one with a say in this. Why didn't anyone say? But we got to really lean into like the relationships and what people started here for Like season one, would there have been all of these, like a sports related storylines?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Maybe not so heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it wasn't all basketball, which you wanted to just talk about that storyline first? Or oh, do you want to talk about trivia first?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That sounds more fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just a little interesting tidbits. The Palm Springs episodes were filmed at multiple locations, including the Hyatt Westlake Plaza not in Palm Springs, and the Marriott's Rancho Las Palmas Resort in Rancho Madrage. So we did go to you you got to go. I got to go somewhere and I have no recollection.
Speaker 2: But why why did they need to Well, we had.
Speaker 1: That big lobby scene that was one.
Speaker 2: But that that huge lobby, I feel like we'd been in that lobby that was.
Speaker 1: That was probably the west Lake Plaza Hyatt.
Speaker 2: I feel like that plaza that Clausa that yeah, that was used when we did the Spa one that we all went to. No.
Speaker 1: And also this was just two gals. It was like odd the donna wasn't with them because they're like the Three Musketeers. So I was a little nervous personally going on a solo trip with Claire. Like as I was watching and I was like, oh, okay, well, I hope that they are, you know, close enough to have a good time, because we've never really seen them, yes, have anything other than a roomy kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: I had the same feeling. So you know, when you're younger and you have like a group of friends, there's always one you're closer with, and then there's that one in your group that you're not as close with, but you guys do everything as a group.
Speaker 1: I don't. I feel like, no, I can't relate. But yeah, I'm listening okay, vicariously through your early friendships right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I see my teens go through it too, so yeah, I feel like the two of you never do anything alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ever, so I was really nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: I was. But I thought you guys were really funny together.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, it was just like so easy. I thought we were.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought it seemed like we were in the beach apartment, like it was very natural and easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, considering the circumstances that weren't natural and easy.
Speaker 1: Do you mean the impersonations?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I just the whole situation, like they just Okay, so are we doing the storyline? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think we are perfect.
Speaker 2: So I love so. Right, like from jump, they're in the lobby and the two guys are like finding them, and I was.
Speaker 1: Thinking of two guys. Sorry to interrupt you, wait, huh rich Rouculo Rucolo. I always say Rucculo Rucolo. Right, what were their names? Okay, I'm Roger and Dean. Yeah. Richard Ruglo played Dean and Joe Michael Burke played Roger Burnett.
Speaker 2: And Richard Ruclo. Funny, you say, two guys, two guys in a pizza place, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you were talking about, let's start beginning. Was he at this time dating Tiffany Amberthieson?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Is this where they met? I wanted to ask you this.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but I know that they ended up like living together basically. I'm pretty sure they were engaged. Oh right, well that's the living together. They were engaged, yes, and they didn't get married.
Speaker 2: They didn't get married.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so sad. He's adorable.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was always very nice. But is this where they met?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know, but either did. And then to your point, did he or had he already done two girls? Or did that come after?
Speaker 2: Don't say that again, I said, had he.
Speaker 1: Already done two girls? Or did that come after his shining moment as Dean who had like five words to say?
Speaker 2: But he was really good at five year old. Yeah, I would assume he hadn't done it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he looks really young.
Speaker 2: He looks super young. And the show we're talking about two guys, a girl, and a pizza Parlor.
Speaker 1: Two Guys and a Pizza Girl.
Speaker 2: Later they dropped the pizza name and it just was two guys and a girl. I believe it was on CBS and it was with Ryan Reynolds, right, and who was the girl?
Speaker 1: Who was the blonde fun girl? Oh gosh, trailer Howard Taylor, Howard. That's so right. I thought that show was really fun to watch, cute.
Speaker 2: That was a really good show.
Speaker 1: And Ryan were really great together. They're timing. They're both really good at comedy.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Yeah, that show was really really good. I but why do I want to say that Tiffany guest starred on that show and that's how they met. I don't know. How do we look this up, Lorraine? Where did Tiffany and Retheesen and Richard Ruculo meet?
Speaker 1: WHOA? You can just ask your phone.
Speaker 2: That stop it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna google.
Speaker 2: I'm not even being modern, going to chatchipoutite.
Speaker 1: Wait, how does Google come on?
Speaker 2: Tiffany and Richard met on the set of Two Guys a Girl in a Pizza Place. Sorry it wasn't Pizza Parlor. Decent Guest starred in the show and they were engaged from two thousand and one to two thousand and three. Wait, so then when was he on our show? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This is maybe seven. Yeah, so then she did an episode of two You Guys and a Pizza girl the girl. Two guys and a girl. I can't what two girls.
Speaker 2: In a cup?
Speaker 1: Two guys in a pie?
Speaker 2: Do you know that? Do you know that video?
Speaker 1: No? Is it devous? Okay, then I didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: It's like two girls pretending sexual like to poop in a cup, but it's not real.
Speaker 1: That's disgusting. Wait can we cut that out? Who cares? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Everyone, it's it's like viral. It's the stupidest thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, I'm so glad I'm not viral.
Speaker 2: So but I guess they wouldn't have met here because all the scenes were on location.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they didn't meet here, and he didn't work with her, Right to your point, he didn't. He wasn't at the peapad ever, so they never worked together. Maybe they saw each other in the makeup trailer, but I don't know. You'd have to get rich on to get the four to one one on all this, we would.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you guys meet and they think that you guys are Ukrainian.
Speaker 1: Also immediately upon trek in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like those guys were sitting there kind of just like waiting to just go about the girls coming in. Yeah, they got Lucky Palm desert like in February, in February. Like, it's not like, no, it's not like a huge place.
Speaker 1: It's like a more of an older scene. I think, like older couples gals who want to go to the spa. But these two gals want to go to the spa. So we could call this episode two gals and a spare good. Do you like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, okay, So they meet you guys and immediately think that you're part of a Ukrainian cultural dance group, and Claire goes right into it. I feel like we've seen the scene in like John Hughes movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've seen this in a million places like Miss under Miss Mistaken for somebody else. And then they go with it, and they even have to have an accent, which Kelly, by the way, was not very good at. I thought Clara was really good at it.
Speaker 2: The whole scene where she's like teaching you and she's like, you're like, I don't know Russian and she's like, say, doctor, and then when you did it, I was so cute. Oh my gosh, it was adorable. And then she goes and say I laughed how loud?
Speaker 1: And that storyline went absolutely nowhere. And then they left Palm Desert and went back to comfort. Steve, Yeah, it went nowhere. Would you call that the C storyline? No, it was a B storyline.
Speaker 2: It was a big.
Speaker 1: There was too much. It was just unfulfilling because you know, like I wanted to see more of a caper. I was into it, like I was like, ooh, a caper. I like capers. It didn't go anywhere. I really liked the Donna and David and Cliff storyline because too, Wow, I love Cliff.
Speaker 2: I'm liking him more now too. You guys are right. I feel like this time around they have more chemistry or either writing him better or although you know what, not even he could pull off a male turtleneck.
Speaker 1: I thought he looked good.
Speaker 2: Really, I have something maybe Steve Sanders ruined that look, like I can't ever see a man in a turtleneck, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, I kind of agree with you, but he I don't think there's nothing he could wear that would make me say.
Speaker 2: Eh, fair, fair because you're not looking at the neck, But like, would you be okay if Dave or a turtleneck maybe.
Speaker 1: For like a photo, like not just around town?
Speaker 2: No, what do you mean, like a Christmas post like photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh wait, I have a picture of David and turtleneck. Oh my god, I gotta find it. One year we did we did like a spoof Christmas picture. Was the first year we were together, and we did it with all our dogs. We took all our dogs to like whatever it was J C. Penne's or Sears or something, and we got our and he had a red turtleneck on, if I'm not mistaken, and a mustache, and it was me and we were dressed alike, and then our dogs all had the same color sweaters on, and we were playing like professional ice skaters or something like that, like we were pretending to be someone else. I gotta find the picture. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: You were in a red turtle neck and a mustache.
Speaker 1: I feel like he was in the red turtle neck.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were dressed tolike. No. I had like really boofy hair and a terrible fake smile on. It was hilarious. I really got to see this. Okay, I'll find it. Oh my gosh, AnyWho, turtlenicks. I One thing really embarrassing happened to me once was having a conversation with some guy that I was at a like a cast dinner, right, And we were the guy and I were sitting there and we were kind of talking to each other and not the whole table for a minute, and we were talking about like the wardrobe had tried to put him in a turtleneck and and I was like, oh, no, you can't wear a turtlenck. And he goes, I know who wears turtlenecks. And I was like, oh, turtlenecks are so gross, And look to the left, man in turtleneck, like the director he was hearing right there, and I felt like he absolutely heard that. Oops.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that is so funny. Those things always happen.
Speaker 1: So bad. You should just not talk about I guess anything around other people.
Speaker 2: Right, because you never know, ever know, he must love turtlenecks.
Speaker 1: AnyWho, Let's talk more about Non and David, because you're very conflicted in this episode.
Speaker 2: Well, at least we got a mention of the hostage situation.
Speaker 1: Finally, Yeah, and you you kind of say, like, it's been a rough couple of weeks. So that was just a couple of weeks ago. What and your hair looks amazing?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I missed the last episode, so I wanted to ask you would not ask you? Was my hair dark and last episode? No, I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Care Lorraine? Was her hair dark in the last episode?
Speaker 2: Or is this the first episode of dark hair?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know he was dark already, he went a little on the red side a few episodes ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was gorgeous the way it was like, it was like smooth and sleek and pretty and no flippy uppies. Yeah, I thought you no poofy, no ponytails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aka, it's growing out. These guys. We did not have extent back then.
Speaker 1: We didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't wait, hold on, hold the ford, Wait a second.
Speaker 1: No, we had extensions. You remember the little paper, little little slivers of hair and they would clamp it on with glue and like twist. It was that in then, What the heck? Remember those kind of I.
Speaker 2: Absolutely do ones, like just for on set.
Speaker 1: Because I remember I got my first extensions from a guy named Penny and he was like the only guy doing extensions at that time, whatever era was. I think I had to get say, extensions for a movie, and I went to Penny and he put those extensions in me.
Speaker 2: His name was spelled. It was like not Penny, like the n N why like Penny, like it had the gut.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, they were like glued in.
Speaker 2: I think I went to him for you have no now mine work.
Speaker 1: If you if you got extensions, you had to go to him.
Speaker 2: I got my first extensions right after nine of two and zero for a magazine shoot. But they were the sown in ones like the full on tracks. But I know who you're talking about. I know.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was very extravagant. He was a character.
Speaker 2: He was the extension, like the jose Ebar of the extension world.
Speaker 1: Like very yes, but you didn't need extensions. Your hair looked good on this episode.
Speaker 2: Imagine if we had like just clippings like fast extensions back then, our hair would have been changing all the time.
Speaker 1: And our hair would have not been so damaged from the gluin once.
Speaker 2: I don't know, my hair was never the same after my first extensions. Like I feel like, once you go, you can't go back because it's not just length. It feels thicker, and you're just like, oh, the ponytails are so nice.
Speaker 1: It's just like a psychological thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So like I feel like once I did that, my natural hair never grew out again.
Speaker 1: That a lot. I took my extensions out a long time ago, and I just used clipping sometimes. But when when my hair is my hair, it feels so healthy now, like it bounced back.
Speaker 2: You have good hair. I don't know I had good hair. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: You have to brush it one hundred times in the mirror.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that's not gonna happen. Brush myself, creepy, full on.
Speaker 1: We got to talk about cliffmore cuz fine, is this his last episode?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, no, he said, I'll don't be surprised if I come back, show up again.
Speaker 1: I'm praying he comes back. But I also love the boat scene with mom and dad. Okay, so I didn't understand why was Cliff at the dock and your dad was at the dock.
Speaker 2: Because my parents have either a boat or a slip. What do they call it a slip at the marina? It's with the fancy people say, I have slipped there and Cliff was there because of front of his boat or something, and then.
Speaker 1: They just they saw each other and he bumped into my dad at the ice or coffee or something. Yeah, okay, so then he and he gets invited to the family brunch flipping burgers. M hmm.
Speaker 2: Because my parents like anybody that's not not Sam, I like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anybody that's not David. Basically, well, no, they didn't like Ray, well nobody, they were right about that one.
Speaker 2: But wasn't there someone else in like anyway? David?
Speaker 1: But why well, they just don't think he's the best partner for their precious, perfect daughter.
Speaker 2: I guess. So it's not even like she doesn't even like me. Who is she? What does she care who I'm with? Okay? Oh, but going back to David in the beginning, so they say, it's honest, it's been a rough couple of weeks or a few weeks. And he says, I know, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you for the hostage situation, but I've been there for you so many other times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true he has.
Speaker 2: He has, but that he's also cheated on me several other times. He's also there's that.
Speaker 1: But he didn't cheat on you with what's her but Chloe, Chloe, No, she tried, but he said now.
Speaker 2: Finally, Yeah, it's on season seven. I feel like he's going to say yes to some mothers though before season ten.
Speaker 1: Oh no, really, we have till season ten until the deal is sealed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, because she loses her virginity to him in season eight.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I think it's in season seven at the end.
Speaker 2: It is. I believe it's season eight.
Speaker 1: You can absolutely ask google man woman, when did Donna Martin lose her virginity? Oh my god, this is fascinating.
Speaker 2: What season in nine? On two? And oh did Donna Martin lose her virginity?
Speaker 1: This is where we get all our facts people.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you remembered for one I did? You're right? Yeah, the seventh.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense. It's a coming.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you nailed it twice. It's the finale. I'm so proud of you. Thank you. I think I actually read that some point in time where everything comes back to you.
Speaker 1: I would love that.
Speaker 2: Oh there's some things you wouldn't want to remember, but other than that, yeah, wow, okay, okay, so which makes sense? Because Jason directed and Jason now he's daystys a night. I'm so confused now anyway, I know, yeah, there's two more boys. I think she goes out.
Speaker 1: With Oh okay, excited. I like it that doctor Martin shuts Fleas down on the two. Finally control that woman or do something. Get her out of that, get her away from Donna.
Speaker 2: She's just.
Speaker 1: Toxic and toxic and judgy.
Speaker 2: Poor Donna, but at least was making decisions for herself, right. I didn't like when she tells Cliff though I'm going. He goes, You're going back to David and she goes, I have to.
Speaker 1: Well, you said I have to because I love him.
Speaker 2: I know. I just didn't like that choice of words because to me, like immediately I have to felt like an obligation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like you were trapped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I got a bad feeling inside when she said I have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a little weird. It did bump me a little bit. But then you said because I love him, and then he leaves and I cried. And then David standing there in his big baggy outfit, I'm like, I choose the guy that's a better dresser. First of all, oh, how dare you? Well, I don't know. I just that image of him standing on the dock was hands in his pockets and his outfit it looked like something off of South Park, like it's so baggy, but his face looked super were cute look on his face. And then you ran up down and at first I could totally tell he was trying to give you like a TV kiss, like a little lake just like you know, a TV kiss, fake kiss, and you dove in you went to town. I loved it. It was such a good kick.
Speaker 2: It must have been like around the time when we weren't like offscreen, like into each other at all.
Speaker 1: Well maybe maybe yeah, because at first he tried to be like a little bit pulled back.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what do you need. We've been doing this for seven seasons now, this is a big moment.
Speaker 1: We got to wake in.
Speaker 2: Your mouth you're mine?
Speaker 1: What so you made it? You forced your way, forced him. Oh my god, that's funny. He didn't say no though, So.
Speaker 2: No, no, he can't say no to me. Wait, we're being told by the powers that be that this scene was inspired by let's go back to our trivia which I didn't know this scene from Officer and a Gentleman with Deborah Winger and Richard Gear.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that and an Officer and a Gentleman. I can't remember. I should watch that again.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been compared to Lorraine explained this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like reminiscent of that scene and like fan.
Speaker 2: Blogs have talked about it.
Speaker 3: How at the end of that movie he kind of like, you know, kisses her and shows up but were away kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so can we also compare it to Pretty Woman?
Speaker 1: Then no, that's a different movie. I guess we'll see if you if you were a hooker?
Speaker 2: And wait, was it really was inspired by that scene?
Speaker 1: I've got to watch that movie to know.
Speaker 2: We gotta ask Larry.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna find keep going and I'm going to find you the article about it.
Speaker 1: You guys, can you tell everybody that we would be nothing without Lorraine helping us.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be more.
Speaker 3: But thanks any I mean with our our facts, like we really try to remember things, and tours usually really good about it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's not that exactly, It's just we watch it from either a R memory or B being fans now watching it with fresh eyes. But it was a show that was thirty years ago. So it's if it is like factual stuff about things that were happening in real life. We might not remember exactly.
Speaker 1: We just just start to call the lady on the phone, Lorraine, like I never did hey theory to say hey the rain. Okay, uh, you end up making out with him. So now we are back together.
Speaker 2: Fall on, back together, full on, back together. They were falling back together before.
Speaker 1: So and you weren't in real life at this time?
Speaker 2: He said, No, I'm just saying like we were still like on and off, like hooking up throughout the years that I was just wondering. I think there's some moments so you could be like, wow, look at them like all over each other on camera. Perhaps there was like in real life off camera stuff, that's all. And when you see a scene where he I have to pry his mouth open, maybe he was into somebody else. Maybe I'm saying it like we were dating. We were never dating.
Speaker 1: So wait you yeah, you think you were dating, but he doesn't think you were dating.
Speaker 2: That's been the fight for what for years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so good. Do you want to talk about Dick.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I guess we got we got too.
Speaker 1: Now you know what I would like to talk about, Okay, I would like to talk about embracing myself.
Speaker 2: No, it's okay. The food props that are made in the Walsh House one and so it's a waste of food. And two it's just I'm sorry, but the breakfast scenes. People in their young twenties, early twenties. They're in and out. There's three people that live in the wallshouse. There's a stack of seven pieces of toast, huge bowl of eggs.
Speaker 1: Wait, you counted the seven pieces of toast.
Speaker 2: There was only six, but it sounded for dramatic effect. Seven sounded a little better. Okay, but I did. Wow, who made all that? Well, I guess they made it.
Speaker 1: They can cook. They have to cook. They have no buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh so okay, so it's Brandon and Steve val Is like popping in and out. She's going, yeah, so they decided let's make a full on breakfast. I'm sorry, people don't do.
Speaker 1: That game coming up. They really do need to like load up on their carbs and protein.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was the only thing that saved it for me. When they were like, we have a big game. I was like, okay, but they still didn't eat it. No one touched that toast. No, or maybe I'm wrong. There were ten pieces and then they three. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wait, can we just rewind for one second so I can tell you that Lorraine has told us that according to television lower No television of your dot com, Donna wishes Cliff luck in Florida, kisses his cheek, then gets up and strides toward David with the same level of determination and purpose that Richard Gear demonstrated when he strode through the factory to claim Deborah Winger. So you actually being compared to Richard Gear, which I'll take by the way, because.
Speaker 2: Richard Gear emphasis on the man. Are we saying that Donna's the alpha in the scene.
Speaker 1: In this scene, Yeah, like she's the don Yep, you're the You're the Oh okay for sure, Richard, You're the dick Who I like that?
Speaker 2: Wait, I just put it together. Yeah. Girls are always like waiting for the guy to choose them, and he's waiting for the girl to choose him.
Speaker 1: Wow, you had a moment in there when you said I don't remember exactly, but you said the same thing as Kelly said, you said I choose and then I don't know what. I can't remember what it was to you. No, when you started to say it, I was like, oh my god, well, she's not in the position to be choosing herself right now, but what if you did. What if you had said I choose me too?
Speaker 2: I am getting chills right now because when I heard that, I was like, oh my god, I don't remember this happening, but how beautiful that her friend started this whole movement and she's going to choose herself now too. Yes, go dumbn it. I thought that's absolutely what they were going to do. Yeah, which I wouldn't have been mad at.
Speaker 1: No, but he's yeah, you really, you're really indep on David.
Speaker 2: So okay, So now knowing this, do you want to retract that he tried to give me just a peckish kiss and I pride his mouth over.
Speaker 1: No, I can't retract that because.
Speaker 2: He was being the like girl being coy and like choosing me, okay, and then the guy's all eating her face like aka Brandon.
Speaker 1: No, it just felt like he was being like gentle and sweet.
Speaker 2: And I was being domineering, and perhaps we were directed that way. Maybe, Oh, we're on to Dick.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Dick. Okay, Dick dies of an overdose. First that we start out with Steven Brandon doing and Dick doing your favorite thing, playing a sport. They're in a big tournament. I fast forward it. I'm sorry, Oh my gosh, I watched it all unfortunately, and Brandon, of course, Tracy's there on the sidelines reading her book and Brandon, Tracy says she smells something smoke, and Brandon says, uh, that is marijuana. And then cute Dick and Steve coming out of the locker room having smoked pot in the locker room of their college.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. They could smoke anywhere, like why.
Speaker 1: Right there, and also go outside, like go out in the air, so it's not lingering in there for hours. These guys are dumb, not that I know anything about that, but you should probably go outside, agreed, Yes, yeah, So Brandon, being the fatherly figure to all that he is, it's like, hey, guys, that's not cool. I don't want to play with guys that are high. And then he has the same role when he goes in to visit Steve later in the show, he's so dad.
Speaker 2: Like I know, but his eyes were so crystal blue in this episode, he could have said anything to me and I wouldn't, just and steering, and then it made me think, I mean, I don't know if this is true. I mean, you have blue eyes, So do you think it's easier for men and women on screen with blue eyes? Mesmerizing blue eyes? His are different like his are like unnatural, like no, they are piercing blue eyes you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And his kids have those eyes. Ways so lucky.
Speaker 2: But do you think Brandon Walsh would have been as intoxicating if he had brown eyes?
Speaker 1: Well, Luke had brown eyes, green eyes, brown green eyes, and he was pretty intoxicating.
Speaker 2: A different human though a different personality Brandon.
Speaker 1: If Jason Priestley had brown eyes.
Speaker 2: I didn't say Jason Priestley. I'm choosing my words carefully here, and I said Brandon Walsh.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, I'm going too deep. Okay, if Brandon Walsh have brown I have to believe that he would have been as appealing with brown he would have been appealing with purple eyes.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: It was just his It was just his his demeanor and his intensity when he goes there with that with the this you know what that look is?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it stealth or is it what's the word that he told us to do in the photoshoot? Old was it? Was it stealth or was it smolder? In that moment felt more like stealth?
Speaker 2: Like agree, But I'm trying to picture him doing that scene with dark brown eyes. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We should do an interesting thing. We could have our AI friend help us with this, you know, the one that did the babies. We'd have him change the eye color of some of the characters in a scene and see if it affects us differently. That would be such a cool experiment, I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean not that I'm not saying like, obviously Jason's a great actor, but it's just some of his I think at times, Brandon Walsh, at least the way it was written depended a lot on his external features like he they wrote for him, like those dead pan like looks that he would give. And I don't know, the dad stuff I don't think would have come across as sexy with brown eyes. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: As zaddy like.
Speaker 2: Not daddy like work.
Speaker 1: What's a zaddy?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What is a zaddy?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is that like a milf?
Speaker 2: I'm freezing. I don't know that, Lorraine.
Speaker 1: What does when somebody calls the guy a zaddy.
Speaker 3: A sexually attractive man, especially an older one who was fashionable or charismatic.
Speaker 2: But why is he? Why zaddy? I don't know the word saddy come from? Why is this start with a Z? No one knows. Saying the same thing Lorraine said, but why is z.
Speaker 1: Hmm, well like sassy, like he's got ras or I don't know. No, that's where it didn't exist.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you guys know, if anybody knows that's listening, why the Z is added to daddy and it makes him a sexy guy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hmm?
Speaker 2: Oh that's stretching it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, I just want to know who came up with zaddy? Like who started that?
Speaker 2: Because technically they want to use an s, right.
Speaker 1: Because that would be sexy daddy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Haughty? You could be haughty? Wait hattie hattie. Then that's just too weird. I don't know. Let's to move on. If anybody knows this is a mystery to us, please please write in and tell us.
Speaker 2: Oh and why are they smoking? They've done this before. But I just don't understand the concept of smoking marijuana before like an aggressive like boy game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't that doesn't track.
Speaker 2: Because marijuana is supposed to mel you out and like.
Speaker 1: Always, maybe he's smoking the gonge that makes you go up.
Speaker 2: Was that a thing back then? Yeah, there's different then.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm pretty sure. I mean because marijuana had been around a while, right, I just can't believe Steve's partaking. That doesn't seem like his character would do that, honestly.
Speaker 2: Wait, so does this make you believe when Dick was rowing the boat? Wait? What was that crewing?
Speaker 1: Rowing? Yeah, it's like we're playing rowing. He was on the boat, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like working out for Okay, was he smoking marijuana then? Well we don't know or is this just a new thing. Well, it's a new thing just so that they can kill him off, I think, and make a lasting effect on Steve an.
Speaker 1: Impact on the audience too, because when I was watching him in that bathroom, oh my god, that scene where he was dying, I cannot see it. I was very traumatized, like I've just startled. Yeah, and it looks so real. And if I was a young person watching the show back then live on TV and you you know, as a as a fan, you're like, this is really happening. You think this is really happening. You kind of lose the perspective of these are actors, and I would have been I would have never gotten anywhere near drugs like that would have been like the say no to drugs that I needed forever.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Other than that, it was very after school special, like the whole thing, the vigil the vigual and all that. But that so it was very uncharacteristic. We've had people die in nine on two and zero before and they never show it like that. That I'm wondering was that a choice of his? Was that a choice of the director? Like it was beyond disturbing. It was straight out of like a horror film.
Speaker 1: I feel like they really leaned into hammering that message to the audience. It was like it was wasn't it then? That whole just say No to drugs was massive? Yeah, that messaging, Loraine, When did just say no to drugs? That could camp?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about like in the commercial where this is and this is yeah an egg in the cracking egg, this is your brain on drugs and fry the egg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, dare I.
Speaker 2: Mean, kudos to the makeup department, the makeup. It looked so oh my god.
Speaker 1: His eyes, his eyes, the choice with his eyes. Oh my gosh. It was really traumatizing, you guys. I hope nobody else is traumatized by it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was brutal and then thank god, well I guess not. Cliff tried to save him, but he said he was already dead when he got in there. And what did you think about, like the pans to the people watching him die, I dalry David.
Speaker 2: It was disturbing because everyone it's like you're just standing there. I don't know. If I would have watched, I would have turned away. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It felt it felt like they were watching like a plant grow or something. They were all just staring at him and doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, it makes right, but what can they do in that? Like you have to let I mean, the whole thing is Steve with him at first, and Steve I felt like Steve thought if he just kept yelling at him, he would stay with him. But I guess if you don't know what to do in that moment, that's what you do. Oh.
Speaker 1: That was just awful.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the off camera was for all of us when we did our on camera of watching him on the ground. I wonder if he came in and laid there, I think, or if they just put like, you know something they put like a see stand put an X, here's your eye line.
Speaker 1: It looks I mean, it kind of looks like that from the acting that was done. Yes, I have to believe that that was just it was his close up. And then they turned around and he laid down on the floor right next to the camera and they shot the peanut gal there.
Speaker 2: All I know is I don't believe we were there because they had to get the crew in there to phone him as he was dying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we weren't there for that part, right.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that our reactions would have been the same if we had seen what the audience saw of him dying.
Speaker 1: You'd be freaking I would have been freaking out, like oh my god, or pet and like yelling at him or trying to do pinch him.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I do something, And they were all just kind of staring.
Speaker 1: Or going out to get somebody else to help, like I guess they had already called nine one one, So I don't know, it was just that was a lot. I think that because of that scene, I would have to rate this episode pretty high.
Speaker 2: Wow, is that your way of wrapping this up? Yeah? God, you're good, your son.
Speaker 1: You know me so well. But what about there's this that one he said I don't want to die? Oh heartbreaking? Oh twenty two year old kid.
Speaker 2: And then okay, let's talk about Steve's monologue at the vigil. Yeah, go ahead. I thought it was really good. We see so much like I feel like Steve gets thrown the comedy bone a lot that character, So I feel like, knowing Ian, he really does like to do dramatic scenes and storylines, so I'm sure he was really happy that they interested him in his character to follow this through. And I thought he did a really great job. But this was coming off of me already have this new like thing watching Brandon with his eyes. I had just started this whole thing in my head like if Brandon Walsh didn't have those crystal blue eyes, would he be as like intoxicating and like would you believe him as much? And then it was the whole monologue of Steve Sanders, who also has blue eyes, and I didn't feel the same way. So that was in my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wasn't smoldering or right, Yeah he.
Speaker 2: Was so Jason Priestley just has a rare breed of eyeballs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bottom line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he could never have done anything else besides being actor. Like, with eyes like that, you have to be an actor. It's like in your DNA.
Speaker 1: I feel like he could have been like a hot contractor or something. Because you remember his hands. He's got strong Do I remember his hands? Stupid question? We don't remember we remember that. That sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: He's no, Here's what I mean.
Speaker 1: He had big, strong manly hands, like big hands.
Speaker 2: Stop saying had has Oh.
Speaker 1: He still does, yes, Sorry, we just don't get We don't feel him very often anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh he has a handshake that when he shakes your hand, you're like, whoa, that's presence. He's a very strong man, smoldering blue eyes. It's sure, okay, I'll bite. He could be a contractor and he would just be like, oh my gosh, of course you could do anything to my house whatever you want.
Speaker 1: He'd be like, Grant Show, the contractor, Yeah, oh, Grant Show. What was his name? On TV Jake Hanson, good job, Wow, nice. Nice. This is really actually probably very good for our mental health and our brain function because we push ourselves to remember things.
Speaker 2: Like when you push yourself to remember something, don't you feel your brain doing like push ups inside your head?
Speaker 1: It's really searching in there. Yeah, like I can feel it. Come on, go you got this?
Speaker 2: What more you could do it? Yes?
Speaker 1: Sit up? What are you talk about?
Speaker 2: Push up?
Speaker 1: Sure? But do you do sit ups?
Speaker 2: No? I was just looking for words I remember from the workout regime. Words words I remember from your workout video.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would love to see you doing body and progress. Oh can we do it together? That's the workout video.
Speaker 2: That's the name of your work out. Its called it Jenny Garth workout video. Wait, I'll do it with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That was you can laugh the whole time. Uh huh, Oh my god. Let's do it. Let's re enact it. You teach it. I'll be the person in the back.
Speaker 1: I love this idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, an Aim, you'll be the other person. Did you have two girls?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Do you have two girls in a cup?
Speaker 1: I have some pizza, not a cup.
Speaker 2: When we send this to you before I forget.
Speaker 1: Oh god, anyway, So I give it a ten. What do you give it?
Speaker 2: I don't put me on the spot. Okay, I give it an eight. And that's just for the dick yeah storyline, the dick of it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well I feel like it was a really impactful episode, and I know you know that there was a message on screen that was like, if you need help, if you have an addiction or know somebody who does. This was absolutely one of those episodes that was meant specifically to be impactful to help save people's lives, which is a pretty cool thing.
Speaker 2: We forgot one of the storylines.
Speaker 1: Wait what oh Valerie Valerie? Oh no, summarize Valerie gets to be they're watching her. Something's going to happen because of that, don't you think?
Speaker 2: For sure? Valerie's invited by Gg Crane from All On magazine to be one of the fifty coolest people in LA You've Never heard.
Speaker 1: Of piece, which I think could have happened. Yeah, yeah, sure, And then this happened.
Speaker 2: This happened when they were there and they took photos and stuff.
Speaker 1: So they're going to try to what are they going to do make this a completely not cool episode.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so David and Valerie went in for questioning because they run the beach pit after dark to be bad and own it. And now this woman's going to put out some piece and try to ruin Valerie next week? Correct? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Next episode, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And I feel like for next episode, something's going to happen with Steve, because I hope so he can't go from like seeing all this and going through all this and be okay the next episode.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what? Is that the catalyst that breaks Steve and Claire up? Like if this would be like what it would be like in the writer's room, if we had been in there, we would be talking about these things and the storylines would go, you know.
Speaker 2: But we're always fun in a writer's room. No, can't stay on track, but very fun.
Speaker 1: Next episode, y'all is season seven, episode twenty two, A ripe young age.
Speaker 2: Oh. Now Loraine's telling us Steve is going to have another school scandal? What next episode, Lorraine?
Speaker 1: How much more can this guy take?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They've they've got to start growing apart because we're already an episode twenty one.
Speaker 2: Wheat is ripe young age where David and Donna go back in time and her grandmother in June Lockhart is that ripe young age.
Speaker 1: David and Donna go back in time.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you're gonna love this. We go back in time to like I think the nineteen twenties is it, I'm not sure. And her grandmother the love story of her grandmother and grandfather. You see, David and Donna kind of as they learn her grandmother tells the story and they read the letters they show them as the two fall in love back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, June Lockhart is one hundred years old. She still so great and that is wow, wow wow.
Speaker 2: I loved working with her so much. My favorite guest cast ever was June Lockhart. I have a polaroid somewhere the two of us.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, gotta find it. This is so exciting. Hopefully this will be a lighter more. I don't know. It'll be a diversion from no Sports.
Speaker 2: Knock on Wood's hope not. Yeah. I think it's like reminiscent of the Notebook before the Notebook.
Speaker 1: Oh I like that. Well, okay, that's your homework. Guys, watch episode twenty two, a rip Young Age, then we will chat about it next.
Speaker 2: Week and to tell us what Zaddy means. And for Jen to watch Two Girls in a Cup, which I'm sending to her right now.
Speaker 3: O