Speaker 1: When I got there, dancing was not a part of the plan. She was basically like, dancing, ain't it. If you want to see some real money, you gotta you know, you're gonna have to sell that thing. And so my choir member from my church was like, yeah, we're not dancing.
Speaker 2: We're from the be Hoes.
Speaker 1: We had sex one time and I got pregnant at thirteen by the twenty seven year old pimp. I hid my pregnancy until I was six and a half months pregnant and my water broke. I went from school to the ambulance to the hospital, where I gave birth to my first son, who died in my arms because he was premature.
Speaker 2: And that's when things kind of took aod turn.
Speaker 3: Thirteen go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the decisions, decisions, all right.
Speaker 2: I know this is funny, but let me just preg real quick before we do it. No, no, because we're gonna have fun, but we will no.
Speaker 3: No, okay, no, this is how we started.
Speaker 2: So let's pray.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay. Let me tell you. We haven't held hands in whoa if ever whoa.
Speaker 1: Wow, Lord, we thank you, we honor you, we give your name, glory, thank you.
Speaker 2: For this platform. Thank you for this opportunity.
Speaker 1: We come against any distractions, we come against any flaws, and we just asked God that you would just give us the right answers and the right responses. We pray for the viewers that somebody will laugh, but they will also be transformed, healed, and delivered through this as well. Bless these hosts as they continue to bring laughter, information, entertainment in Jesus name.
Speaker 3: Amen, hallello, you amen.
Speaker 5: But also I heard hoes no host, I heard said host.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, we both hold on. We both hold on. I heard hose by the way, hello host, hold on the audience.
Speaker 5: By the way, we hold a his you said Hose. We both looked at you.
Speaker 1: All the fight.
Speaker 3: We both looked at each other like, h we need to I mean, but okay.
Speaker 6: First of all, right, heel Now, I know y'all are looking at your phone, looking at the TV screen, looking at your laptop like, did I tune into the correct podcast this week?
Speaker 3: Y'all, welcome hallelujah to another episode Decisions.
Speaker 5: By the way, they say, I sound like a black past all the time, so welcome air.
Speaker 3: About it to Decisions. Decisions. I'm your girl, Mandy b.
Speaker 1: We.
Speaker 5: I'm her co host Wheezy, And before we start this week's episode, I do want to give a trigger warning only because we are going to be talking about some deep topics that may trigger the listeners. So anyone who may be triggered from any conversations around sexual assault, sexual harassment, survival, sex, sex trafficking, please just proceed with the episode with caution. All right, now, I do have a little introduction for who our host is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I use my husband to help me with this, so if he forgot something, let me know.
Speaker 3: My husband is chet Chipet. I know.
Speaker 5: Don't judge me, dang, ain't no judging in the pole pit. Okay, So today y'all we are a joel pit. That's see, look at you the pink keep going.
Speaker 3: Get you all right, y'all?
Speaker 5: Today today Baby, we all joined by Apostle Danielle Williams Record, a dynamic voice in faith leadership and spiritual empowerment. Apostle Danielle is known for her unwavering commitment to God's truth, her passion for healing and restoration, and her heart for people, especially women, walking into wholeness and purpose through her ministry, teaching, and prophetic insights. She challenges believers to grow deeper in faith while living.
Speaker 3: Authentically and boldly.
Speaker 5: She is also the author of From Pouring to the Pulpit, which is most recently been turned into a stage play and is traveling the country.
Speaker 3: I book listen.
Speaker 5: Because even just flipping through the pages, I was like, this is juice juicey, just like your story.
Speaker 3: Welcome, can we okay? Thank you?
Speaker 5: I'll tell her husband he did a good child girl, because he liked words of information that crosses.
Speaker 3: In the ear. It is you have those and you shouldn't even be wearing them. You know what. I am a child of God. He is here for me all the time.
Speaker 5: Now let's get into a little bit about you. So, y'all, this is a whole episode. We listen and we do not judge. Now, Me and Weezy judge our friends all the time. But we're gonna come in not judging because I think that your story is different.
Speaker 3: It should be told.
Speaker 5: And I think being a woman from a religious background and from the church, where there is a lot of shame in truth, there is a lot of shame in life experience, especially for women. I love the you are so brave in sharing it.
Speaker 3: And being like, this is me. I can't imagine just sharing it, getting to a point where you felt comfortable to share it, because I know that you must have said the title of this book to somebody and they were like, are you insane? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Ultimately, it took a long time to get bold enough to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Who wakes up and says, hey, how you doing? My name Danielle used to be a whole you know, like, you know.
Speaker 3: Have we introduced ourselves like alpha? You know, I feel like that's an alcoholic anonymous like.
Speaker 1: Especially in church and in the combinements of empowerment groups and things like that. It took a minute for me to be able to get to the point that I'm at now.
Speaker 3: Oh but you really don't introduce yourself like that, do you.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's straight to the point, from Poorn to the Pool, but I wanted it to be self explanatory, right to the point.
Speaker 2: I don't want to come with those saved title.
Speaker 1: No church type people just look at that and put that down from Poorn to the Pool, It's gonna catch your attention and it's literally my did you have?
Speaker 3: Like okay? Because it seems now even being a pastor like you're still fun, You're still sexy, So like there's still some of that personality when you were doing porn. Did you give church you girl? Not at all?
Speaker 5: Okay, so that personality now I ain't giving you you feel like you Okay. Now I do want to start off then with your backstory, like how early did you were you raised in the church, Like what what is your early relationship with the church?
Speaker 1: Specifically, I do not have any recollection of my parents taking me to church. Mother or my father did not take me to church. It was my grandparents. They gave me God. Okay, they gave me God.
Speaker 3: And so what did that look like?
Speaker 5: At what age did you start start going to the church, because that's where this all started.
Speaker 3: By the way, y'all are going to be surprised that baby, it was really from the pulpit to port to the pulpit.
Speaker 1: H uh huh.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about it. Okay.
Speaker 2: So prior to me in church, I had started in the strip club.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, literally, Okay.
Speaker 1: So before I got with my grandparents and really got rooted and grounded into the church, I was out of control team straight out of Compton, you know, all of the things. But I had been molested and raped at a very young age, eight years old. It started with the molestation by my babysitter son. Our black community, our brown and black community, they don't really talk about mental health stuff. But my father was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, and he tried to kill me when I was ten. He tried to drown me in a bathtub. He beat me halfway to death and then tried to draw me in a bathtub. I kind of bounced from family member to family member and.
Speaker 3: He was having an episode when it happened.
Speaker 1: Ended up in LA with my mom, and we had a neighbor, you know that family friend who ended up invited me into his home and he raped me when I was twelve.
Speaker 3: You're at eight ten and twelve.
Speaker 5: Eight ten and twelve, and also you spoke with no one at this age about any of this that had happened.
Speaker 3: Like because you led with It's really hard.
Speaker 5: Within the black community to speak about mental health things that we go through, and a lot of that stuff is brushed under the rug. Unfortunately for so many women and boys, right or girls and boys. So eight ten and twelve, no one kind of came to your rescue during these things taking place.
Speaker 1: No, So, at eight and at twelve, an abuser's objective is to instill fear. So the babysitter son, So I was eight, he was like fourteen when I was twelve. This was like a forty plus yr old neighbor. So their their jobs to instill fear, make you feel like nobody's gonna believe you, or if you tell I'm gonna do this or I'm gonna do that. So I had I was scared to say something, so I didn't say anything. Even when my dad trying to kill me. I think I went to They took me to like therapy once or twice and then it was like, Okay, it's over with.
Speaker 2: So I didn't.
Speaker 1: I never got the proper helpe that I really should have got through the eight, ten, and twelve.
Speaker 3: So when you were going through these experiences and you said you ended up going to was it another family member's house? That's when God was introduced to you.
Speaker 1: No, wow, So much trauma happened before I finally found my piece. Okay, Yeah, So twelve thirteen in La standing at the bus stop waiting for my bus to come on fig on figure roller.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I know what happens on Figeah.
Speaker 1: And this guy pulled up and he was the finest thing I ever seen in my life. He pulled up in like this gold LEXI said, I was like eugh, and he got.
Speaker 2: Off the car.
Speaker 1: He tried to talk to me whatever, and I'm young and dumb at thirteen years old. He's twenty seven, twenty seven. Found out he was a pimp trying to pimp me. I didn't know that at that wasn't the introduction. I'm just thinking, I'm a young girl. This cute older guy is interested. We had sex one time and I got pregnant at thirteen by the twenty seven year old pimp. I hid my pregnancy until I was six and a half months pregnant and my water broke. I went from school to the ambulance to the hospital, where I gave birth to my first son, who died in my arms because he was premature. And that's when things kind of took a turn. When you say birth, I gave birth, had to push him.
Speaker 3: Eg topic pregnancy no no, no no, So.
Speaker 5: What is it when it's still still no?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: He was alive, just premature and then and didn't make it.
Speaker 2: Pass didn't make it past. There you go, can make it pass.
Speaker 1: And going back to what you said thirteen, Yeah, going back, wow said eight, ten, twelve, now thirteen, trauma after trauma after trauma with no proper therapy or help or anybody older to try to mentor me and help me through that.
Speaker 2: So my mind just kind of.
Speaker 3: Who did you hide your pregnancy from? Who are you living with? My mom? Wow?
Speaker 5: So she after leaving your dad, you also felt like wasn't someone that you could speak to.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, And I want to touch on that because I think a lot of young girls we go through this thing with our moms sometimes.
Speaker 2: And now she's my bestie, Now that's my I mean.
Speaker 5: I hid my period for a year from my mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's weird because I also don't know how, especially like with so many of my friends now being mothers. It's almost like there is no teaching or right way or blueprint for you to gain that trust and safety net with your daughter all the time.
Speaker 3: It's very difficult. Yes, it is, it is.
Speaker 5: And so just at thirteen, there still wasn't that you didn't feel like you could go to your mom.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell her, Hey, I'm pregnant, Like I just couldn't it.
Speaker 2: The words could never come.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could have a mom that cool at thirteen to even be like it's hard to when you know what I want to go back to, like just thinking and I'm curious now, especially in the era of like the fsceine file, like I love Deepak Choufe and just found out he was making poems about his lust for little girls. So it's like all of our faiths are just going away, right, I mean, for example, it could be something like I think jay Z is on a list because he was on the list for a party, right, everybody has a different type of party, or mom Donnie the mayor of New York because Mom went to a film screening of something, so like anybody could be connected. And then there's the ones who were actually having sex with little girls. What were some of the things that you remember him saying to you, like the pimp? Yeah, OK. Are there any things that when you were in the car or when you guys met that acknowledged maybe your age or he knew your age, or was there something that he was.
Speaker 5: Saying you did me talking about this twenty seven year old knew she.
Speaker 2: Was underage, of course, a thirteen year old.
Speaker 3: I just want to know what he said to you, specifically to where you knew he knew you were thirteen.
Speaker 1: I don't think he knew I was thirteen. He knew I was underage, like sixteen. I think I'm gonna said I'm sixteen, fifteen, sixteen. Either way, he knew I was a minor. Yeah, I just don't think he knew that I was that young until I got pregnant. When I got pregnant, the first thing was I told him and he the first option was abortion. So I think that's when the conversation about my age came up, because he's like, well, six if you're sixteen, you can go to here by your son, California. I get sixteen by yourself. And I think that's when it came out, well, I'm not sixteen, I'm thirteen. And then I said so he was like thirteen.
Speaker 2: I'm like yeah. So he was like, I said, so you have to take me.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to play the brother, the uncle, you like to do something, and he said okay, but he never showed up. And so at that point I was still early in the pregnancy. But when he didn't show up. I just thirteen. I thought out of sight.
Speaker 2: Out of mind. If I don't acknowledge it, it's gonna go away.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we're so dumb? Are we dumb? Literally?
Speaker 5: Like, we're so dumb? So then, at what point was your mom aware of your pregnancy.
Speaker 2: When they called her and when I was in labor?
Speaker 5: Your mom found out when you were in labor?
Speaker 1: Mother and my grandparents because I tried to leave the hospital while I was in labor because the time was going.
Speaker 2: Mind you, my water broke at school.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, all right, I've been here a couple hours, it's getting late that the street lights are coming on.
Speaker 3: With that man in your head when the water broke, did you knew you were going to the labor? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think I knew the severity because I was trying to go home, Like I literally.
Speaker 3: In your head, what were you thinking, like, I'm gonna give it up for adoption.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna leave it at the hospital, go home, and then come back the next day and figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yep, that sounds like, yeah, I'm gonna go home. Not crashed the car, but I hit my parents' car. When I took it out at thirteen, I'm ever thinking it's okay, it's on the right side. My mom enters from the left side. By the time I find somebody, I'm gonna take my dad's check with sun the way.
Speaker 5: You it's the process get to cortex is not even there.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she found that out.
Speaker 5: You have the baby, Do you remain in this relationship with the pimp? Because now also your mom is a ha is your mom now aware clearly of the baby, but the relationship and who.
Speaker 3: You have it with.
Speaker 1: I think I concealed his age, Okay I did. I don't think I told how old he was, nor that he was a pimp.
Speaker 3: Were y'all sleeping together while you're pre I.
Speaker 2: Had sex with this man?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: All of this because when I got pregnant, he was like, let's get the abortion. Then when he didn't show up, he said, well, just have the baby. I'll take care of you while you're pregnant. But once you had a baby, you're gonna have to get on the blade.
Speaker 3: What is on the trail?
Speaker 1: Yes, you go, I'm gonna take care of you while you pregnant. You had a baby, and then you're gonna have to get the.
Speaker 3: Work because you you a bottom bitch.
Speaker 1: Now at this point, yeah, yeah, I said no, no, no, I said no, And it was funny that I said. I had enough sense to say no to him, but not to the girl that introduced me to that.
Speaker 4: So you.
Speaker 3: Or or we also tie, we don't. We don't.
Speaker 5: A lot of times tie harm to women as a woman, especially young, especially if they become friends, Like you don't think a friend is gonna put you into some shit, so the baby doesn't make it.
Speaker 3: You're thirteen.
Speaker 5: Let's fast forward a little bit too, this introduction and who it was, where it was, because it was in the church, absolutely, So yeah, let's get to you are a.
Speaker 3: Stripper when you started strip?
Speaker 1: So I ran away after the baby. I just ran away. Rebellion kicked in. My mom is like, how did you have all these questions? I don't want to talk.
Speaker 2: I'm mad. I run away, get a fake ID, run away with another pimp.
Speaker 3: Did you know he was?
Speaker 2: I didn't at first.
Speaker 1: But the difference between him and the baby dad was he didn't force me or try to get me to do it.
Speaker 2: He offered.
Speaker 3: I was like, no.
Speaker 1: The problem with him was this is where the strip club came in, he was like, mister what they said, doctor Jeko, mister high. He was really nice when he was sober, but when he would get high on koke, he would beat the crap out of me.
Speaker 2: And he was a dope dealer.
Speaker 1: So one of his customers was a stripper, so when she would buy her little stuff from him, she see me all beat up and she's like, hey, you ain't got to deal with this. You can come to the club with me and make some money. So in her mind she was helping me.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, she innocent, innocent, and how old are you now?
Speaker 2: I'm almost forty now.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: I'm almost okay. But in the time of the story, I was fourteen at this time.
Speaker 3: Whoa okay?
Speaker 1: So it started dancing, but what a fake id with a fake ID. But it was some grown people's stuff going on in the strip club that a fourteen year old wasn't ready for, and so I was like, nah, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Does that strip club still exist today?
Speaker 1: That was the after hours in La Okay, So I don't know if they're still open, but it was the after hours and it was a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 5: And now fourteen, what were some of the things that, like at that age you saw and were wild by, Like being in that type of environment.
Speaker 1: Sex in the champagne room, girls getting beat up by their pimps because the money wasn't enough, people doing drugs in the corner. What Ebney from Players Club said, I just came to dance for y'all. I just came to dance, but they wanted they was like, nah, at that time.
Speaker 3: How much do you remember sex being in the club, in the champagne room.
Speaker 1: I don't know when they offered me. I was so, I was so, I felt so disrespected. I was so like, how dare you ask me to do that? Cause I'm fourteen. So when I hear strip club, I hear dancing dancing, I'm thinking dancing, naked, dancing in sexy clothes, not prostitution, because there is a difference. There's some clubs that they allow you to dance. If you do anything else, they will put you out. So that's what I'm thinking, But not over here. It's like, yeah, you dance, that's the appetizer. But you know, after that we go back there we fucking yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And at fourteen, I wasn't ready for that.
Speaker 3: You know, I actually don't know if in my lifetime I've been in a private room and not been offered. More like there's a place somewhere I don't know if it still exists in New Orleans called the passion Pit. And I was only eighteen or nineteen went to the back room because my friend bought me a dance and the girl literally said to me, Okay, do you want me at your pussy or you want have you ever had fingers in your pussy? Like how much do you want to spend? And I remember thinking to myself, my god, I'm thinking, like these people brought me to dance because they knew I was coming back here to do this shit. And it's not really to me something that I don't know what's common knowledge we think just like you said, stripping is dancing. Yeah, I'm sure you had no idea that later in your life you'd be at the point. I feel like any stripper we meet that started at stripping then it became to port it's like no one ever saw that trajectory absolutely, But when did you start to see it.
Speaker 2: Happen in the strip? Like right away was starting for yourself.
Speaker 1: I mean, so when I left the strip club, I went to Compton with my grandparents. In order to be in their house, you had to go to church. And this is what age now fifteen. Okay, you didn't last very long.
Speaker 3: You said.
Speaker 1: I was in there a year. Okay, I don't think I was. I was at my grandparents for a while. But when the institution started it was fifteen.
Speaker 3: Where were you staying? Like? Where was your home? Like when you were fourteen?
Speaker 1: I was living with the drug dealing pen and then I left started stripping. Was staying with the strip with with the stripper who introduced me to that, and then I went to Saint Gonna work.
Speaker 5: So in your grandparents' home, the rule was that you had to go to church.
Speaker 2: I gotta go to church.
Speaker 5: Okay, so by fifteen, church is introduced. Yes, at this point, did you feel like church would be like now this new reawakening or.
Speaker 3: Rebirth or you felt safe? Yes?
Speaker 5: Their church was okay, yeah, let's get into Then you you getting into church?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got into I got into stability with my grandparents. It was stability. I got into got back into school because then I dropped out of school.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: So I got back into school, Okay, got me a little summer job, and then they had me in church all day, every day, all day. Oh my gosh, Oh you had those type of I had those type of godparents. It was something every day. And so I was like, you know what, I'm gonna be here. I'm min as, We'll do something, find something I enjoyed. At that time, I wanted to sing, and so I joined the youth choir and so I was singing for Jesus and I befriended this young lady in the choir. You know, my my grandparents knew her mom, and I knew her from visiting the church, and then when I joined the choir, we really got.
Speaker 3: The same pitch. No.
Speaker 1: She was eighteen fifteen, and one day she pulled me to the side after choir rehearsal, pulled me to the side, and she was like, I know you used to dance.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, how do you know that?
Speaker 3: How you know I used to grandparents your grandparents end.
Speaker 2: Dang, yeah doing good. Now she was out in the street club, but she over here with that.
Speaker 1: And so she was like, I know you used to dance, And I was like she was like, but don't trip. I danced too present, tense, and so I'm like okay. And so she was like, you don't have to stay with your your grandparents. I got my own place. She was like, look outside, you see my car. She was like, I'm dancing and you can come stay with me and we'll dance together. So I'm like, you know, okay, you know this is my friend, this is my girl. So I'm like, okay, cool. So I run away from stability, run away from my safe place to go move in with my friend to dance. However, when I got there, dancing was not a part of the plan.
Speaker 2: She was basically like, dancing, ain't it.
Speaker 1: If you want to see some real money, you gotta you know, you're gonna have to sell that thing. So my choir member from my church was like, yeah, we're not dancing, We're finla be hoes.
Speaker 3: Did she want some of your money? No?
Speaker 1: I later found out she was with a pimp. It was a scheme that Tad set up. She didn't tell me at first.
Speaker 2: I didn't know at first, but.
Speaker 3: I knew she did. She not here. No. No, Todd is Candy her ex husband, Todd. That's his name. Candy's husband. What's Todd? What you be? She is? She is a girl. Okay, you bring on fat white lady, and.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna help her while she's coming down to Atlanta. She needs to know Housewives of Atlanta. Okay, Bron, it's embarrassing. Okay, well because even my baby daddy know. Pat, I'm like, but that's mama Joyce said that anyway. Anyway, so it was a scheme that she probably set up with her pimp to bring you into the pault.
Speaker 3: What transpired from there? How long will you do this? Because I ain't gonna hold you. God, damn, this is once every year.
Speaker 5: It's like trauma trauma.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I can't say that. I said God. You gotta say God.
Speaker 5: That was God.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: Oops, y'all are watching this on the video we came in our church fit.
Speaker 3: You know, church fit. Ain't no cleav it. Sorry, fellas, ain't no the cherries give hord for you. They messed the shirt. She said to these hoes today.
Speaker 5: You know what, I would like to play it back, And we had the subtitle it I bet you in here the I didn't hear the but okay, so what ended up happening during this time that you're with this friend and her pimp.
Speaker 1: I wasn't with the pimps. Okay, yeah, so just with her. She basically got me ready for the first date. You know, we went literally went from singing for Jesus at our church to now she dressing me up?
Speaker 3: How does she find? What were you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I was saying to Jesus the coming on ball that no, I can't say that. Sorry y'all.
Speaker 5: Sorry, okay here, well you ain't you ain't wrong, ain't wrong.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so she just got me ready for the first day.
Speaker 3: What were how are you feeling? Like, do you remember like told like, yeah, what did she tell you? How did she prepare you? Like did she tell you about condoms or maybe like what to put on? Like what was that first experience?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, it was a whole rundown, and I think it just was like have you ever just sat there just you hear them? But it's like an outer body experience, like I'm really getting ready for this. And then she was like, well, I got something to calm you down. So not only did the choir member introduce me to the prostitution, she introduced me to drugs. So I started with the cocaine and the X and all that hold on coke.
Speaker 3: Calms you down, or maybe she just wanted you out your head. Yeah, I mean you would know what That's what I said. I don't know what she was talking about.
Speaker 1: I thought, turno, No it was I don't know if she was just trying to calm you know, get you out your your sobriety, get into the place.
Speaker 2: So it was just oh, you know what, confidence, here you go.
Speaker 3: There you go cocaine confidence. Yeah. So wow.
Speaker 2: I don't think you ever forget your first your first client.
Speaker 3: What was he like? Was he white? Was he black? Was young? A black? Fat?
Speaker 1: Was They always say you don't do black, don't go black because he's either a pimp or a police.
Speaker 2: Oh, Armenian. It was in the valley in La.
Speaker 5: I've never heard that. I always hear don't go black. There they got big dicks, That's.
Speaker 3: What I heard. Wait, because if you look for those of you that may not know we talk about, if you were ever on a site or you're ever seeing women talk about who they're looking for, they'll list out that they won't take black men. A lot of sex workers black women won't take black men.
Speaker 5: Well, my homegirl that used to be on arrows. She told me she didn't take black men because her cap was six men a day. She did out calls, but they either went too long or too big or and I hate that she said this was her words, or aggressive. So because of that, she steered clear of black men as clients.
Speaker 2: I was just told it was either a pimp or the police.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, interesting, Okay, So your first client was Armeni Armenian.
Speaker 2: That's very la, very much so in the valley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it was an Honting honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what was your name? What was my name? I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I know they used to call me a little bit before I changed my name to queen. Okay, So I think I was just going by that because I always was short and I was smaller than the in statue.
Speaker 2: So I just went by that.
Speaker 3: And were you in a car?
Speaker 2: Were you was in the car?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She took me straight to the Blade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were on the Blade at fifteen, fifteen years old?
Speaker 3: Where's the Blade? Because I've heard about fig Maybe we could if you could get.
Speaker 5: Didn't they do a documentary about Yeah, this particular strip.
Speaker 3: I thought you've talked about it. Yeah, I didn't know about fig Okay, I've never heard a blade.
Speaker 1: So in the valley you got Sherman Oaks, Sherman Way, you have places in like.
Speaker 2: Where are some other ones?
Speaker 1: Obviously a sunset, you know, Hollywood Boulevard, things of that nature.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, yeah, so this is still today then a place where.
Speaker 5: You can get Okay, so you're fifteen, you've had your first john. Does it get easier harder? Do you disconnect? And then we're gonna get to you going back to the place that brought you this. But how long were you were you doing prostitution.
Speaker 3: And then it? Did it go to porn from there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, you did all all the times. I'd like to ask you a question that might be uncomfortable, but I'm curious. A lot of my friends that do sex work, we may laugh about the fun moments together or something silly like girl he could get over he wanted this. What was the scariest moment for you?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna get there. Okay, so it got real bad. I think that was the turning point. The scariest moment was my tur was your turning However, before I got there, I went through things like pimps trying to kidnap me, and you know, tricks pulling out guns and knives.
Speaker 2: I've been robbed on a blade on the track or whatever they call it, because.
Speaker 3: You weren't giving the money away, so you had the money on you.
Speaker 1: Well, some people go out there to rob the prostitutes because they know they're getting cash. It was way before cash apps and squares and Benmo and PayPal, you know, it was it was a cash transaction, so.
Speaker 3: You had to go to the public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so for the most part, a lot of men and women know that that's an easy lick, go out there with the women are a little bit more less vulnerable than me, and you know, they're less of a threat than a man. So an easy hit is to go on the track and hit a prostitute, get her money or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I went through a lot of that.
Speaker 3: What percentage of men were trying to do things without condoms?
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't really run into that a lot. I mean, you have a few, but I didn't really run.
Speaker 2: Into that a lot.
Speaker 1: I think I started seeing that more so on the porn industry when my clientele changed.
Speaker 3: Wow, now that's what I to get to. Yeah, so you.
Speaker 5: Go from prostitution on the blade to porn, so doing it on video. Now you talk about your clientele, uh huh. And it brought you kind of back to the church just a little bit, kind of sort of well I need to know about your clientele.
Speaker 3: That was God fear men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so even before I think, before porn, a lot of my clients were pastors.
Speaker 3: Now this is interesting being in church. Yeah. Do you you said you just left Orlando. Do you remember hearing a story about New Destiny? M M. There was a church I went to growing up in Orlando, and the pastor of the church died in New York and hotel room they set up a cocaine overdose and he was with a sex worker his wife and now I think with a new husband now runs that church. Maybe she named it something else, But I had heard my whole life that like the highest pain customers, or like the most frequent or sexy to talk about just crazy in a story where it was pastors and policemen, they told you they was pastors.
Speaker 5: Some of them did they have kicks where they was like, ooh, call me pastor away, like I didn't know the.
Speaker 1: Like some of them were well known, so I just gotta knew. Oh yeah, some of them were well known. I ran into some in church because so this is the thing I would have paid to see their face on you. So it was times where, like I said, prostituting before I got into the porn industry, I still went to church Like it didn't matter what I did. I was on drugs at this point, I was prostituting, stripping, selling dope in and out of jail, do it. But I still went to church. And I thank god that my grandparents gave me that because even though I was living wild, I was wild, but I still had that relationship with God.
Speaker 2: People say you're a hypocreator whatever, you know, Like.
Speaker 3: For those of us, I feel like I'm someone that casually goes when it's a holiday, or a friend drags me, right, when a friend dragged me, and when it happens, there's something I want to change that day. How did that never happen?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Or it did happen?
Speaker 2: It happened. But then when the money gets low, that flesh rises again.
Speaker 3: So when you go to church, you'd be like, I'm doing the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, especially if that message is right, that song is right, and then it's like, dang, I'm gonna go to the club, or I just left a married man, or I just left doing this. You know it would hit, but you know, you have to make a decision, and sometimes we're just not ready to make that decision. And so I would be in church and then I see the dude that I was just with the other night, and that's how I will find out a lot of them have positions in church. They were pastors, deacon's ministers, or whatever. Just by trying to go worship. I had times where I was literally in worship crying. It's not an ugly crying and want to tap me on my shoulder and it'll be one of my clients. Wow, yeah, yeah, what yeah, Okay, it was very with their family, with their families.
Speaker 3: What about I'm something I'm curious to, Like, you're almost forty, this is happening to you as a teenager. Do we think sex work is so moral and bad? Now? Dude? What is your opinion in comparison? You were basically saying that at the time, you felt like you were doing the wrong thing.
Speaker 5: I mean back then, I remember when I was in high school, one of my close friends, her sister was a dancer at Magic City, And back then being a stripper was so taboo, you didn't They weren't proud, but they made money and they were the girls in the strip club.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: But now with OnlyFans and with you know, the like ig models, we know what some of them are doing on the trips that they go to. It's a lot more normalized sex work now than it was back.
Speaker 3: Normal more than today. No, I'm like direct question, do you think it's wrong?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh you do? Yeah, And so knowing that one somebody could be happy and doing legal sex work, and even if it's something like a virtual a sexual relationship just sharing nude photos, you feel like it's wrong or you believe that it is wrong because the Bible. Where does that come from.
Speaker 1: I've never met a happy prostitute. Oh, will we know how to pretend. There's no woman that likes to be degraded. We like the money and the lifestyle. There's no woman who will sit down. They'll tell you, oh yeah, I'm getting money, I'm getting and all of that.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: We're gonna portray that, especially if you have celebrity clientele, especially if you're buying bags and you're living a luxurious lifestyle, but internally you're not happy.
Speaker 3: Now, that's why sex for money? What about if it's porn and it's or it's stripping, or even if they're making money off their feet. Horn's right, but she said prostitute, So I want to know in prostitution it's just legal. Is there any kind of sex work that you think is moral?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, m hmm No. Does that come from experience or because because you're a pastor now you know so much more and maybe have such a close relationship to God. I want to know if it's because your experience pushed it away or if your relationship but God is telling you that.
Speaker 1: Both my experience and then obviously my relationship with God, but even before I was really rooted into that as a woman who did it, it is no. We know how to make it look good, especially when I got into porn. Shout out to my best friend Shaanna, our mutual friend. I met her on the porn set. Oh wow, So we literally met when I was eighteen years old. On the porn set. We were doing an orgy scene.
Speaker 2: That's how we met.
Speaker 1: That's how me and my best friend met I was eighteen years old, and we just hit it off and we became really good friends, and we're friends to this day. I'm the godmother to her child. She introduced me because I was hood.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I was wanted them.
Speaker 1: I was hood. Okay, I was recompted. I was one of them hood strippers of fighting in the clubs and all that. When I got with Shawna, it was like, you can't do that because we have a different crowd. I hang out with a different type of people, and that's when I was introduced to the celebrities, the rappers, the ball players, the Hollywood lifestyle. And so even in that, with the money and the clientele of the celebrities and high profile people, you still you're still not fulfilled.
Speaker 3: You're miserable.
Speaker 2: I don't care how they portray it.
Speaker 1: I've never met even the women that I work with today that are because I work my ministry is different. I always out from that other church. I'm not super religious. It's not I don't fit anywhere the church. I don't fit in the church because they say I'm too worldly, and I don't fit in the world.
Speaker 2: They say I'm too churchy. So you know, I'm in my own lane.
Speaker 1: But I deal with a lot of women who are sex workers, even men who have prostituted themselves. I never sat with a happy prostitute, porn star, orstriper.
Speaker 3: Now do you feel like out of the women you know and men, I will I will say in my twenties, they.
Speaker 5: Made it seem like they did it because they enjoyed it or they liked it. I will say at thirty five now the people who have either had to go back to resort to it, or the women that at their lowest right now would rather ask me or someone for help before laying on their back. Because that's my thing too. I mean, they've all laid on their back. A lot of my friends have laid on their back from me, And so I even be like bro at some point though, in your big age, just go do it again.
Speaker 3: In the way how they.
Speaker 5: Feel about themselves now and how they've worked through traumas or childhood things or their self worth, they physically cannot imagine doing it again.
Speaker 3: You know, like I find up going back to an office job for you well, no no, no, no, no no no no not even cloth, not no no, no, let tell and I'm going to die on this sword O. Nobody wants to go back to something that they had to do before they elevated. And a lot of the times when we talk about sex work because everybody else congratulates you when you're done. That's why I think people don't want to go back.
Speaker 5: Do you think you know the image of doing it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: If I, if I, if I think about going back to a job, you literally said on the break, I'll never never go back to office.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go no, no, no.
Speaker 5: But night and day from me saying literally, I wouldn't even know today what my price would be like because of there was pride in actually working at Goldman Sachs and things like that at this big age.
Speaker 3: And in the book.
Speaker 5: That we talk about survival sex, there's no pride that I have in having to sleep with men that I didn't like to pay a bill.
Speaker 3: But this time you don't get rich guys to give you cash. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: There's a big difference from also dating men who give me money than me having to date.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have sex.
Speaker 5: A man for my line with sugaring, and I'm not I'm not sugared.
Speaker 3: By any men in my life talking about you. I'm talking about thin line between cash for money. Say, if you are a sugar baby, you are a sect work. That's a prostitution.
Speaker 5: I'm saying a woman dealing with a man with money who gets her money and she likes the man, and they're in a relationship.
Speaker 3: That's different. That's way different. In a relationship is also different from women dating somebody. They'd be like, oh, girl, you know he'd be giving me x y Z. This is all just subjective to me. All of it is sex work. This whole hierarchy of.
Speaker 5: It can't But if a woman, if a woman can make the money to live on her own and not have to depend on a man, I highly think that ninety nine point nine percent of women, if they had the skills, the degrees, the ability to make money without having to lay on their back to not having to depend on a man.
Speaker 3: I think some of these girls that wouldn't do that would also date a rich dude that was fucking them, didn't care about them and giving them money. They will, But I would say that's all of the same, and we act like prostitutes that are on the blade or fig are different from a lot of the I'm not saying that.
Speaker 5: She's saying though, that none of them are genuinely happy with having to do that to live.
Speaker 3: So this is they wouldn't choose.
Speaker 1: A woman who is dating a man because he has money or she likes him, or he's taking care of her is different from a woman who has to wake up and go online or pick up her phone and sleep with strangers to fend for her life. I agree with that that's different. So if I meet a guy, If I'm single and I meet a guy and he has money, and he's not super attractive, but I know he has money, and I'm gonna give him a chance because he has money, and as time goes on, I start to like him. Did you get to know a person sometimes you start to like him the ugly day that like they say, if he got another one that feel big grow on you. But me having to wake up and go and sleep with different men so that I can have a roof over my head so that I can feed my kids, but I can pay my bills. I've never met a woman, whether she's on OnlyFans, whether she's on the track or in the strip club, who is genuinely happy with this decision.
Speaker 3: I think that it is different from the level of sex work. And I only say this because I have ten women in my phone that are fucking ball players that don't care about them that they're sharing around with different friends X Y Z, and I bet they would do it again and again and again because the money looks different. It's less of a risk. And I also believe that the luxury lifestyle is a high that I don't think a lot of women would get off of. But what I'm saying that to me is happy prostituting now, whether it's short lived or not, I don't think. I think this is all of this.
Speaker 5: You've talked about these same girls though, that deal with these ballers that then cry because they're not being seen more. Of course, I agree with talking about that, but I agree with what you said. I've not met one you saying that you have not met one woman that is happy being degraded. And I think that again, when you reach a level of self worth, which is what I talk about too. So for a lot of women, they don't know they're unhappy because they don't see themselves as someone that is deserving. And I talk about that in my journey with even men. Now casual sex is different from me now like there, I finally feel like I'm deserving of a man caring about what I'm doing in life, considering me my feelings, talking about that, like caring about what's happening with my family.
Speaker 3: I deserve that.
Speaker 5: And so now the idea of being with a man who doesn't propulses me.
Speaker 3: And I think that that's the thing too.
Speaker 5: There's so many women that haven't gotten to that place yet, absolutely of valuing.
Speaker 3: Themselves, So the PM don't know that they are in the place. I agree. I think that's really what I'm talking about here. So then I'm curious for you, when was the turning point?
Speaker 5: Because you you thought it was all for a while, the lifestyle, hanging with the ballers, the actors, the celebrities, going on the trips, the yachts, the was fine.
Speaker 3: But what happened?
Speaker 5: What was the turning point of you saying this, this ain't right.
Speaker 1: Well, going back to what Weezie says, she said, luxury is fun. It is right, but what you have to do for it is what changes the dynamics. And so even though like you said, all of those things were great, right, but my drug intake increased. I overdose three times because I could not be sober doing that.
Speaker 2: I had to be high. I had to be drunk.
Speaker 1: I had to I literally would wake up and take a shot of Jose Quavo before I brushed my teeth and got out of the bed so that I can function in the lifestyle. To have the luxury stuff, I had to sniff a line of coke and pop almost three pills of ecstasy just to be able to get through a weekend of sleeping with strangers for money.
Speaker 2: And so yes, I had all of these things, but I was dying. There's a scripture. I know we don't go to churches.
Speaker 1: There is a scripture that says, what profit is it to a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul? Which means you can have everything given to you, all the luxuries in the world, and still.
Speaker 2: Be dying on the inside.
Speaker 1: And I think that's where a lot of us, that's where we misconstrue the image of sex work because it looks like they're bawling, it looks like they're having a great time, and they are in that moment, but when the hide comes down and when the sobriety kicks back in.
Speaker 2: Now you got to deal with you.
Speaker 1: Now you got to look yourself in the mirror and say, I got this bag because of all the men I just slept with. I got this house and I'm living in this penthouse in this high rise.
Speaker 2: But this is what I have to continue to do to keep it. That's where it starts.
Speaker 5: Do you ever, you're about to cry?
Speaker 3: It's so literally, Yes.
Speaker 2: What you're willing to do for it is with changing.
Speaker 5: But also are what you have to do because you need a your head, you need to eat or like and I taught it like that was my hardest chapter in this book, because yeah, it doesn't feel good. And when you get into therapy and you realize that, when you have to hold that mirror up and realize what you thought was fun, the trips and all that, and it's like wow, Like you look at yourself and it's like, wow, you didn't think nothing of yourself.
Speaker 1: Nothing nothing, because you said something earlier. Women who could get it on their own. It if we could get on our own, it's so much more satisfying and so much more rewarding versus standing in the mirror knowing I got this if you did it because you built a platform and you built businesses versus I did it because I sucked the a million penises.
Speaker 2: You understand what I'm saying. We got the same thing, but what it costs me more?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you understand even when it costs you, the cost wasn't there.
Speaker 3: But inside, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's my morals, my soul. It wasn't hard work if you built it. Because the hard work versus I built it on my back. It doesn't equal out this And then it goes back to self worth. What do you think of yourself to let multiple strangers do whatever they want to you. You don't get to pick and choose because once, I mean, you can say no. But once you're in that room and they didn't gave you that money, they can do what they want. They can say what they want to say to you. They can come where they want to come, they can call you what they want to call you. They can do whatever. And once you're in the moment, what you're gonna do as a woman.
Speaker 3: You know what's hard about this conversation For me? Many people have heard me tell the story, But I do a TV show called sex Cells, and we explore businesses and how they make money from sex. I was brought a TV show called Sexit, and they initially wanted me to Hope and I've done sex Sell Now my four season and Sexit. They wanted me to cover people that were leaving the sex industry, and I was like, well, I can't do that on this platform or where. I celebrate sex and I celebrate autonomy. And there's a big part of me, as much as I can feel this moment and be empathic, that still stands on wanting women to be able to have the right to do what they.
Speaker 5: Know, and I want to be clear my journey, her journey. We can I'm still pro sex.
Speaker 3: But no why I'm saying this though. I think it's because I refuse to believe all of it is bad, but by the notion that nobody is happy, it's hard to then celebrate something if I think people are going to be in a dark place. I want anybody that wants to make money safely to not hate that they have to do this or feel like they're lower down and out. And that's what makes it hard, because I've felt like that. I've also had sex for money. I've been there, and then I wasn't. I've had ups and downs and lows like we all have. But it's hard because I don't intrinsically, intrinsically believe that every single sex worker can be unhappy. I think that circumstantial sex, which is what both of you are talking about, is what makes us unhappy. I need to have sex for my rent, and that's tough. I need to have sex or else this is my last option.
Speaker 2: But there are.
Speaker 3: Other sex workers in the world that let's look at the highest paid porn star or whatever. How come they haven't pulled out yet? There is just said it.
Speaker 2: They're the highest paid.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying, right, I think, And that's the circumstance versus choice. So when someone is making the choice to do it because they're either enjoying they're celebrated, et cetera lifestyle, but also being celebrated, I don't know, and I know that this is a hard convo to have, but I can't be who I am for the last ten years and believe that everyone is unhappy.
Speaker 1: Let me say this, and even with the show and gear to those who want to do you know, like you said, choice versus circumstance, you have a platform where you celebrate it. So of course, if I'm still in the porn industry, I'm a come on here and talk about the great things about the porn industry and the money that it brings. And I'm going to act like I'm so happy and this is so wonderful because that's the platform that I'm in. But half those people that have been on your show, send them to me and let me have a conversation with them. I guarantee you the conversation is going to be different. The same people you have had on your platform that celebrate sex work and they love it and it's this, that and the third.
Speaker 2: Let me sit down and talk to them.
Speaker 3: But I'm in this conversation too, and I've sold myself right, And I think, how did you feel? Well? I never had it because I needed to. It was sugar daddy is. It was things like that. It was never for food. It was a different story, which is probably why I'm able to have this conversation. Like, I know I didn't feel that way, and why said, I can be empathic, but at any point I could have stopped. I did that with a corporate job, right, like because it was this, Oh well, he can give me this at a bigger apartment or et cetera. And that's what I at least my choice. That's what I hope every story i'd hear is it was a girl who was safe. And I've had sexual assault happened, but it wasn't from any of those transactional moments, right, So it's it's a different and it's it's not me trying to say this the latest and that never happened to me. I know why. I can tell that story in a different way, but I but.
Speaker 2: You never had a sugar daddy.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I had a sugar daddy that we could beleeve the South. I have a question for you. We can bleep it up. You felt that way. It was not a sugar daddy, was a sugar daddy. I didn't love it, but I also at the same time, you got to remember I didn't need to do it in that moment. So I believe that because I've never been pushed to this is it or die? I think that's why I hadn't had those super super low moments.
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 3: I mean my chapter that's not true. Please don't speak for me. My chapter is very different.
Speaker 5: And I wouldn't say, no, I'm talking I'm talking about that.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm talking about you.
Speaker 3: I think I hate my job. Sometimes I love my job. But what I will tell you is there were ninety percent highs for me in this. And also I had a lot of business acumen while I was sleeping with someone for money right like mine is called. I think it's like why buy persons when you could buy stocks? There's a lot of and maybe because also I always my next question to you before we started talking about this was actually, did you ever have an exit plan? And what was your job or business you wanted to start? Because I think everybody wanted that I did it. Maybe every woman did not write or get their chance to write. We're always saying I'm gonna do X y Z, this is gonna be over, I'm gonna stop selling drugs. I'm gonna start doing this right. So that's where I'm in this crossroad of this conversation because while I feel like God called you to be a pastlor leader in your life and having these experience and helping people out of that lifestyle, I don't know if it's all one hundred percent bad. The only thing I think is one hundred sent bad is drug use or being abusive to other people. But having autonomy of your own body and making money on it.
Speaker 1: I don't know calling an autonomy and making money off your body whatever. Whatever it takes to make it sound good for a lot of people, they say, whatever it takes for you to sleep at night. It still doesn't take away the fact that we let people degrade us for a dollar.
Speaker 3: Do you think it should be illegal? I think it.
Speaker 2: Is illegal, isn't it. Prostitution is illegal, right, I.
Speaker 3: Guess all across the board, Like there's brothels, like, oh, like escort websites are legal, but you can't have some Like do you think it should all be out so that women don't have this option?
Speaker 5: I think it should be legal to be safer. It being illegal creates a lot more agree, Yeah, Like if you legalize it the same way now you legalize weed, you can get it on a like it's more regulated. If prostitution was legal, there would the more ways that you could see the johns or you could that.
Speaker 3: You could hear information. Agreed, everything is dark well because of it being illegal for the safety of the women actually over anybody else.
Speaker 5: I mean just just from a safety standpoint. But I mean, we talk about it being the oldest profession, you know, and we can all have different ways of how we view happy one hundred percent unhappy whatever. But wait, let me say this.
Speaker 2: Don't get it twisted.
Speaker 1: I had moments where I had good times, yeah, but they were short lived once the high wore down, once the high WARLF wants to drink in all of that, and I had to deal with the reality of what I was doing.
Speaker 3: The start of your story answers at all, I don't even know how. I think even your high times a're just better than the last. Like, to me, it's very painful to be a teenager and go through that. You know, I'm not centing adult at the time that this is happening for me right and hearing you talk about that, it's just like it's terrifying because I want to have children, imagineing them just on the internet. It's like, you never know. One of my close friends she told me her sister was sex trafficked, and the first thing out of my mouth was, didn't you all grow up with money? Like, because that was really where my brain went. I'm like, didn't y'all live in this big a, like, what the fuck are you talking about? And she's like, guy on the internet, boom took my sister. But you know, that's what we assume. We think that these stories come from some kind of poverished living or like you couldn't have had a good family. Like it's really a kid just being a kid and ended up in the wrong place.
Speaker 5: And I'm kind of scared to hear now hearing everything. What was your turning point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, holy like all.
Speaker 5: Of this sounds scary, but what was the turning point that you were like, this is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So a guy flew me to New York.
Speaker 1: I was in LA and it was nothing unusual because men flew me out. You know, this is back in craigslist days, back page days, so my Space, things of that nature. So contacted me online, said he wanted me to come to New York. Nothing out of the norm you know, long story short. He flew me from LA to New York on a one way ticket. So it was a disaster from the beginning. But I'm high out of my mind, you know, I'm going to New York.
Speaker 2: Going to New York, go get this money, and I'm coming back.
Speaker 1: He got me everything he said to me online was a lie from where he lived, where he drove all of the things. But the first three days he winded on me. He took me to get drugs, He took me shopping, he took meat to eat. You know, he gave me money. We end up going to a club in Manhattan. I'm there to work.
Speaker 2: I'm there.
Speaker 1: You know, this is not a girlfriend boyfriend thing. You paid for a prostitute. So when he went to the bathroom, I started trying to work, you know, I was talking to other guys, and he saw me, got really really upset, and he dragged me out of the club and he fought me until we got into the cart. Now I'm hood, I'm an fight back a little bit. But he looked at me with such a devious look in his eyes, and he said, I'm going to kill you. You are not going to leave here. And like I said, as a prostitute, I went through a lot of things on the streets, but this was different. He ended up taking me to this old, abandoned house and took me into a basement and it looked like something out of a horror movie. It was a big basement, but it had a small room. In the room was an old TV. It was a boarded up window, a small closet and a mattress on the floor with like a sheet on it. And he threw me in his basement and he raped me and he beat me. He was a Haitian man, so he chanted voodoo over me. He tried to do rituals, and he told me over and over again, you're going to die. I'm going to kill you. And when they say you have near death experiences and like your life flashes before your eyes, it is true.
Speaker 2: I knew that. I knew that he was going to kill me.
Speaker 1: It was like after he got done with his torturing and whatever he would get off one. He was very statistic, so I felt like once he got done doing whatever he needed to do to please him, he was going to.
Speaker 2: Kill me again. I told y'all, I stayed in church.
Speaker 1: No matter what I did, no matter how I lived, I still went to church. I still had a prayer life. It was very low, but I had one. He would leave me in that basement for hours at a time, and it was one particular day because I felt like the time was coming. I was only supposed to be in New York for like three days. I was in there for almost three weeks in his basement. What yeah, I was supposed to be there three days?
Speaker 3: How are you counting time?
Speaker 2: I watched the sun go up and down? Wow, watch the sun go up and down.
Speaker 3: It's almost like hearing about a movie. Literally literally literally there's a Kennedy Ryan books where she has the same story. Yes, because this is a movie.
Speaker 1: It is speaking girl. I wanted to be play now, but thank you. And so he would leave me in that basement. And it was one particular day I said he gonna kill me. I just knew, I felt it. I was nineteen years old. Were you like, how could you not escape? Were you like changers? Or you were just scared? I so the door that he had me, the room he had me, and it locked from the outside. Okay, so he would have to unlock the lover movie this is the house Maid. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And his mom he would let me go.
Speaker 5: If I need to pick up my mouth because I'm just like his mom was an house No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one time he let me go upstairs to take a shower. And I'm assuming that was his mom. He was an older lady, but she spoke no English. They were Haitian, so she only spoke creole French. So I was trying to get her attention. He was watching me though the whole time, and I'm trying to get her attention. She she was like, I'm a mine my business. And plus she didn't speak English, so it was because I heard how he's talked to her.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I don't know if everybody in the house is crazy. It's like that he all have to have eyes in this house. I don't know what's going on. But she didn't help me. She didn't even look at me like she knew. The setup of the basement was as if he's done this before.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, of course he has been, because if that night went well, yeah, maybe he would have let you go yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Or he was just waiting to be triggered to yeah.
Speaker 2: Because he brought me on a one way ticket.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, maybe you already had your plan, you just didn't think it was gonna go that way. But yeah, So he would leave me in the basement, and this one particular day, I just knew that the end was coming, and something in me said.
Speaker 3: Pray, you knew the end for your life, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, the end for him to kill me, right, And so something in me said pray and I prayed, and I said, Lord, if you get me out of this, I'll change my life. You just don't let me die. Don't let me die like this. I'm in New York by myself. My family wouldn't even know where to find me. They wuldn't even know where to put my body for my funeral because all my parents, my mom and my grandparents just knew Danielle just met me and with money. Nobody knew I was stripping, Nobody knew I was prostituting. They sure didn't know about porn at that time. All they knew was because I was dating football players, I was dating rappers.
Speaker 2: I was in magazine. So they're like, she meets me and with money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so they wouldn't even know where to find And I was just like, God, please don't let me.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell this story. So how many times I don't know why I'm getting to.
Speaker 1: Ask because it's so real, and it's just it takes me back to a place. That's how nobody can tell me God is not real. And I just I called on him and I said, please, just don't let me die, not like this.
Speaker 2: A few days.
Speaker 1: Later, his friend, for whatever reason, came to that house and I'm scared. I'm thinking he's a part of it. It's his turn now for whatever reason. And I know it was God because he came down there to that basement and opened that door, and he looked just as horrified as I did, like what's going on? And I'm telling him, like, your friend had me locked down here because he remember he was in the club with us, so he remembered me.
Speaker 2: He was like, you're still here. He didn't know I was still in You're.
Speaker 3: In the bathroom in the basement. Every ding is that? Why?
Speaker 1: Like he could what did that room look like that? He was like, what's going on? So the basement looked like a regular basement. It was a room in the basement, like a little room that I was kept in. I don't know why that man came downstairs for whatever reason, but I thank God that he did. And he heard me, or I guess he was calling the dude and he was like, hey, where are you at?
Speaker 2: And I was like huh.
Speaker 1: And he opened the door and he's like, because mind you, I'm beat up. I look all disarrayed. I'm all jacked up, right, So he's like, this ain't the same girl that came out and you know, I was beautiful and I look great, and now I'm all disoriented and he's like, what's going on? Tell him your friend is psycho. He's trying to kill me. Please help me out of here. He was like, come on, come on, come on. He helped me out, and he was like, do you have anywhere to go? I knew somebody in New Jersey. He took me to the train station. I got on the train and went to New Jersey and somebody bought me a flight back to LA and I.
Speaker 2: Never looked back.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, wait, you almost left the house too quick in the story for me when he took you out, Where was the God?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: So he came here.
Speaker 1: It was nothing but God he was not at the house, so I believe he was supposed to meet him there. So the friend got there before he did and came in the.
Speaker 5: House and came downstairs.
Speaker 1: He not upstairs, so let me go downstairs see if he's in the basement or whatever, and end up finding me down there.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard from the guy again? The friend?
Speaker 2: No, the friend who helped you. I didn't want to talk to nothing.
Speaker 3: In my head, like did he ever say like, are you okay?
Speaker 1: Try to like find like I think he was so everybody was. We were all like what's happening? He probably like what the what's up with homeboy? I'm still like, are you a part of the craziness? But when he took me to the train station, that's when it was like a wait, like, oh, he really did come to help me, he really is helping me, and he got me out.
Speaker 2: I took that train to Jersey.
Speaker 1: I got back to la He never never went back, never ever, ever ever.
Speaker 3: That's terrifye.
Speaker 5: And then what led you to a life of ministry and getting back into this church after the church was also a part of this becoming your life.
Speaker 3: Right way right?
Speaker 2: So ministry was never part of the plan, Okay.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to live for God because I think a lot of times people think being a Christian or being whatever you are, you have to have a title or a position.
Speaker 2: You don't, you can you can serve God.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like whenever I make a post, like hey, y'all, look out for ice, go be a mayor. You want to make a change like Ice out like I.
Speaker 1: Can be, you know, for good things without having to really be fully involved.
Speaker 2: And so I just I remember the vow that I made it. It made to God. Now, don't get it twisted.
Speaker 1: It was hard because that's all I knew since I was fourteen years old. So it was absolutely hard to stay on that on that path. But I knew that I knew if I went back, I wasn't gonna make it out, you know, And so I just wanted to be saved and live by the Bible and get it into church.
Speaker 3: And what was your like, how did you get normal? What was your normal?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 3: Normal? How did you get normal? How did you get normal? Normal?
Speaker 1: I wanted to be normal. I didn't want ministry, and so I did. I end up getting a job at the post office where I met my husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was my boss. My husband was my boss.
Speaker 3: This is the story all.
Speaker 2: No, I wrote that before I met him.
Speaker 5: No, now we need a part.
Speaker 3: When I saw your wedding ring, I was so curious, like.
Speaker 5: Oh, go on, this sounds like the American dream from prostitution to the post office.
Speaker 3: Right, that was my first job.
Speaker 2: That was my normality. That's all I wow.
Speaker 1: But in the midst of me being normal, God said, no, you have too powerful of a story and you didn't go a lot of times we don't go through it. We go through for ourselves, we go through it for somebody else's That's what I feel about this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is me sharing my.
Speaker 5: Story and us writing this book.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's it's for whoever.
Speaker 2: It's for somebody else.
Speaker 3: To me. When I saw your ring earlier, I think to myself, because it's a question people always have for me. What is your boyfriend think of your show? Or how do you date with a podcast? We've heard that that for years. And when I was looking at your ring and you're telling the story, I'm like, I wonder if he learned to be comfortable or if he just knows people need to hear it to go through their own journey this. People need to hear this.
Speaker 5: How does yet So, how does your husband feel about you sharing this story?
Speaker 3: Was it a conversation?
Speaker 5: How's he gotten comfortable with everyone else knowing that this was your your truth?
Speaker 2: Well, when he met me, he knew the story.
Speaker 1: So now he met me, Like I said, he was my boss and when we became friends, and he's older than me, so he had daughters, all girls, and he was like, my daughters need to hear your story, you know, they need they need to sit down to hear your story and see what what life could be like. So he bought a book and Wrottin read the book and came back to work and was like, I want to show you that all men are not bad and clock out what's going to there might be a little too much hope for the hose. That it's hope for the hose because I hear that. No, they need to hear that, because it's a lot of times where we hear once a whole, always a hole. Ain't nobody gonna wife you? Who's gonna marry you? Knowing you didn't just do your strip or just prostitute, but you are on a film, you know, and so what man would marry you?
Speaker 2: And they need to know that.
Speaker 1: Listen that kain't nobody when God what they say, When God say yeah, can't nobody say no? And if that's if you have a desire, I don't care what you done in your past.
Speaker 2: If you have a desire for a monogamous relationship.
Speaker 1: If you have a desire for marriage, who in the helicopter is is somebody to tell you that you can't have that because of your past.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie who in the helicopters?
Speaker 3: That's my safe We're before we get out of here, what are your alternate cuss words? Do you say? Frick helicopter?
Speaker 2: And what in the ben diesel is going on?
Speaker 3: What is? And shut the faith up?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 3: Shut the faith? This is hilarious now now real quick.
Speaker 5: Also before we get out of here, just because I think it is important. Not only where can people get your book, but when are you bringing it.
Speaker 3: Back to the stage? What's happening? Because from Porn to the Pulpit is also now a stage play the play. Yeah I can support.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the book is on Amazon.
Speaker 3: Okay, the play.
Speaker 5: Published it is Okay, y'all support, y'all support a self published black woman.
Speaker 3: All ferd. They definitely find this book. I don't know. I'm excited you ever.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to tell the book no, no, to know that it's I need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I gave you snippets. It gets raw in the books. So anybody that's overly religious and sensitive. They probably gonna be like she's a minister. She wrote, like, I'm very real, I'm very transparent. God told me to continue to be me. Would you know what you're human?
Speaker 3: That part you're human.
Speaker 1: But sometimes the church makes you feel like you cannot be in church, people make you feel like you cannot be human.
Speaker 2: But that's okay. You know I'm gonna be her.
Speaker 1: And so the book was written and it saw Amazon. I did the stage play. I prayed that I could take this worldwide. We did a few shows. We did a couple of shows in Atlanta with Young Jock. We've had.
Speaker 3: Who else? You went to Charlotte.
Speaker 1: I went to Charlotte, went to Real car So I went to bat and Rouge with Darren Henson. We came back to Atlanta with Mama d and Willie Taylor from day twenty six And so the goal is.
Speaker 3: How what's the play?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I remember Mama see I know some show now? Yeah? It hip hop girl. You know I want to call something for you because since I've been doing the show, I've had so many opportunities working from any TV show, any network. And what I've learned is so many people listen to the show. So if you work anywhere where, it could be in writing, you could be freelancing. If you are somebody that can produce films, or you just know someone and can send the email, please do.
Speaker 1: If you are an angel, investor, a sensor, you just want you just got money and don't know what to do with and give it to me so I can take your show around and then make a film. Obviously, that's that's the go So.
Speaker 3: I've given a twenty four. It's because listen, you gotta think Zola, and this is way more interesting in Sola. Sola came from tweets, and I think what we kind of forget when we're sharing our story is to ask. So I ask all the time, like do you know X, Y Z and people I've given jobs to people to ask me for stuff. Yeah you know. So you might be watching this and may be connected in a way that you don't even realize. But it's always very very helpful when you're thinking of something.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Why else? I say that too, whenever I hear a good idea from somebody, I want to make money on the idea. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all are. Girl. I think you have all these different actors.
Speaker 5: I'm acting that yeah, yeah, yeah, no, this is this is great and you guys supported us and helped us become New York Times bestsellers. So if you're looking for a book, this is non fiction, okay.
Speaker 3: And so was our book.
Speaker 5: So make sure that you again support this independent book. And and whenever you get it back to back on.
Speaker 3: The road, let us know.
Speaker 5: We would love to let our audience know where they can come and find you online.
Speaker 1: Oh I am on what all the platforms? Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, is that anything else?
Speaker 5: You give your name and we'll put minister Danny and and it'll be in the description of this episode as well. And thank you so much for coming on and sharing your story.
Speaker 3: Be too churchy.
Speaker 1: So if y'all let the past, thank y'all listen.
Speaker 3: I know, y'all, he wants to stay the happiness. But you know what, I find that it's good to have conversations that gets sticky because the thought is still there. Yeah you know what I mean, Like now I gave the trigger one and I'm over here. Yeah, not everything here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always say you don't have to have done porn or been a prostitute to relate to some aspect of my story, whether it's self work, self worth, I'm sorry, whether it's drugs, alcohol, whether it's molestation, essay, things of that nature, or just you know the relationship with your mother or your You are going to see something about yourself within my story without having to tram It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you anything, you went there before I's in that book. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Thank friend, Well, thank you so so much for joining us.
Speaker 3: This was wow different.
Speaker 5: You know, I know we've been doing the solo pods, but hopefully you like the direction.
Speaker 3: But this was it had to be beyond saving them to be happy. But they're gonna be real happy.
Speaker 5: No, this was great, and I hope that you'all see our improvement on our interview skills.
Speaker 2: You know you did very well, y'all, didn't y'all changed.
Speaker 3: Look at Wazzy dressed. I'm I ain't never seen weazy little wholesome. She looked like a wholesome point like she just did my choir.
Speaker 5: I was telling me, I said, this was the outfit when I go to my boyfriend's people.
Speaker 3: So that's what I consider a church. Bi Barri and I just knew I want you know they church too. They do a Happy Birthday for like, there's a bunch of nieces and nephews and after they sing Happy Birthday, they start singing Jay you I'm not joking, singing for Jesus too. Yeah, have birthday and then I'd be like I I way to a threesome. Baby. Oh my godness.
Speaker 5: Well, guys, hope you enjoyed this episode. Make sure again you purchased from Porn to the Pulpit. Make sure you also purchased no holds bar to doing manifesto Sexual Exploration and Power, and make sure if you want the sex and raws and the X rated ship, head on over to ship Can I say ship ship? If you want the X rayed shit off the stop, head on over to the Patreon that's patreon dot com backslash Horrible Decisions Baby, hallelujah. Y'all, so much for tuning in to another episode of Decisions.
Speaker 3: Decisions should ask for donations? Yeah, passed off Patreon. Bye, y'all.