Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists At Comedy Central, It's America's only sorts for news. This here's The Daily Show with your host Michael cos Oh.
Speaker 1: Welcome to show. I'm Michael Coska.
Speaker 3: We've got so much to talk about the night Trump and Elon go from BFFs to enemies for life, Republicans get caught not doing their summer reading, and Chuck Schumer finally learning how to be charismatic.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he's not.
Speaker 3: But first Congress is busy wheeling and dealing over Donald Trump's legislative agenda. So let's get into it with our ongoing coverage of the big beautiful Bill.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I Sleep with That, I wrapping I Kiss It at night.
Speaker 3: Washington is a lot like high school, and not just because all the politicians are trying to date high schoolers. It's also because when a friendship ends, it explodes, and right now we are drenched in the.
Speaker 5: Fallout breaking news war of words between Elon Musk and the GOP lawmakers. This comes after the tech bogul is speaking out again on the President's sprawling spending bill.
Speaker 6: He says, I'm sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore.
Speaker 7: This massive, outrageous, pork filled congressional spending bill is a disgusting abomination.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, you can't just call this bill a pork filled abomination that's reserved for the new Tgi Friday's appetizer, n for a whole fried pig. I'm there, But this rift between Musk and Trump presents a credible opportunity for Democrats to go on the attack.
Speaker 1: Hit him with everything you got. Let's go Dems.
Speaker 8: I hear something happened while we were at lunch which led me to make some news here today and say something I didn't think was imaginable. I agree with Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so lame, man. I feel so inspired when I hear Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 3: I just want to hit the streets and then keep walking and go a little farther until eventually I come to a body of water and then, you know, give up on democracy. Nice try Chuck Schumer any other Democrat want to take a shot breaking news?
Speaker 1: Elon Musk and I agree with each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Schumer already did that. That's the first rule they teach you in comedy college. A joke always gets funnier when you have to repeat it.
Speaker 1: And that's the first.
Speaker 3: Rule they teach you in comedy college. And jocos gets funnier when you have to repeat it. And even if Democrats can't take advantage of it, it's still shocking for Elon to turn on Trump like this?
Speaker 1: Why did he do it?
Speaker 3: The source and Trump World claiming that Elon was quote but hurt in part because the.
Speaker 9: Bill didn't include giveaways to his companies.
Speaker 10: Musk is upset that the spending bill cuts the electric vehicle tax credit. The White House denied his request to have the Federal Aviation Administration use his Starlink satellite system.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? He's upset about that.
Speaker 3: Let's review all that Elon Musk has gained from his two hundred and eighty eight million dollar investment into this presidency, one hundred million in NASA contracts, he got to freeze forty federal investigations against his companies, fired anybody who could regulate or tax him, and he got the President of the United States to plug his car company and Trump almost pronounced its name correctly.
Speaker 1: I love Tessler, but he's.
Speaker 3: Still pissed because he couldn't skim every last dollar from the treasury.
Speaker 1: There's got to be a better reason.
Speaker 11: Plus, we're learning Musk could hope to stay on with the White House as a special government employee beyond one hundred and thirty days, but apparently the White House didn't accommodate that.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, the White House couldn't accommodate that.
Speaker 1: That does sound like bullshit.
Speaker 3: You know, Donald Trump is literally defying court orders as we speak, but with this, he's like, sorry, Elon, rules or rules you know, if I break Regulation four to six C of the Federal Employee Hnbook, what separates us from animals? No, Elon Musk got fired. Now I get why he's mad. It doesn't matter how rich you are, getting fired sucks. You never totally get over being fired. I got fired from Chuck E. Cheese in nineteen ninety nine, and I still have dreams about going up to the manager and saying, no, Bruce, you're the one that ate pizza scraps instead of throwing them out.
Speaker 1: I hope you're watching, Bruce. But whatever the.
Speaker 3: Reason for Elon's butt pain, it seems to have opened the floodgates, and now it's giving life to a growing Republican backlash against the bill. What I'm concerned about is they didn't cut enough spending.
Speaker 1: We've got to have sim fiscal sanity here.
Speaker 12: We're running two trillion dollar deficits.
Speaker 13: We need to try to reduce spending as much as we possibly can.
Speaker 1: It's hugely concerning to me.
Speaker 5: This is immoral what us old farts are doing to our young people.
Speaker 1: This is grotesque. What we're doing.
Speaker 3: Yes, this bill is doing to young people is grotesque. Now, it's not as bad as what this bill is doing to young people, but it's still pretty gross.
Speaker 1: You didn't see that one coming, did you.
Speaker 3: In fact, the bill is getting so big that even Republicans who already voted for are.
Speaker 14: Backlashing Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Green. Even though the congresswoman voted for the bill in the House, she now says in full transparency that she wasn't aware of a section that would strict states of their ability to regulate artificial intelligence for the next decade.
Speaker 6: Here's a lesson for us all. No matter what political party holds office and is in charge, we should all watch carefully the bills that we passed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no shit, I mean.
Speaker 1: Smart, I mean congrats.
Speaker 3: I'm coming out against a crazy thing in this bill, but you weren't aware of what was in it.
Speaker 1: That's your job. This isn't Book Club.
Speaker 3: You can't just read the first seven pages and then be like, I love it, Linda more Rose. And here's what's really unbelievable about this story. We can shit on MTG, and we will because it's so fun too. But she isn't even the only Republican who's admitting she didn't read the whole bill before voting for it.
Speaker 9: Some voters in Nebraska confronted their congressman, Republican Mike Flood, and he admitted that he voted in favor of the bill without reading a provision that would make it harder for judges to whole parties and contempt for defying court orders.
Speaker 13: I do not agree with that section that was added to that bill. This provision was unknown to me when I voted for the bill.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, why are you guys booing me? I'm just telling you I didn't do the bare minimum of my job. Feels like you should be applauding me for my honesty. Come on, I know reading a one thousand page bill is boring.
Speaker 1: I get it. Reading sucks.
Speaker 3: I can't even get through the birthday cards my kids give me.
Speaker 1: I love you so much, blah blah blah. Wrap it up already. But you got to read these bills.
Speaker 3: It's not like a twenty three and meters terms of service agreement where you can just blindly sign it.
Speaker 1: And now there's a clone.
Speaker 3: Of you who's a sex slave for an Uzbek Oligard.
Speaker 1: Unlike that. These bills are important anyway.
Speaker 3: At this point, there's basically an open revolt against the bill, and this must really piss off House speaker Mike Johnson. He's busted his balls for months putting this thing together, and after one tweet from Elon Musk, everybody's churning on it. Don't take that shit, Mike, all right, tell that pasty South African belly flash and sperm fountain, absent baby daddy, friendless ziploc bag full of.
Speaker 1: Jizz, ketamine.
Speaker 15: Rap ketamine, rasputant, dead eyed, deadbeat doge, donkey hitler waving semn and distributor where he can shove his tweets come up.
Speaker 2: With all due respect, my friend Elon is terribly wrong about the one big beautiful bill.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my God, none of them are good at this.
Speaker 3: For more on the Republicans backing away from their own big Beautiful Bill, we go live to Washington with the actual big beautiful bill.
Speaker 1: Bill Bill.
Speaker 3: Wow, these Republicans have some pretty harsh words for you.
Speaker 7: Well, I have some harsh words for them, Michael, how rude. First of all, they were gassing me up, calling me beautiful. They spent all night passing me. But after they ran me through the house, now they act like they weren't into it.
Speaker 3: Please, Well, to be fair, they're finding out a lot about you.
Speaker 1: You ban regulations on AI, you allow the presidents to ignore court orders. You kick millions of people off their healthcare.
Speaker 7: They passed me, okay, they're the ones who voted for me without getting to know me.
Speaker 16: They say they regret it now, but you should have seen them on the house floor. It was wild.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: They're trying to stuff their amendments into me, all two hundred and twenty of them.
Speaker 16: They're screaming, screaming.
Speaker 11: Iye aye, I thought nothing favor say I.
Speaker 1: What a bunch of pervs.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, but Ryana, but a lot of your amendments were at it at the last minute.
Speaker 1: Not everyone got to read them, like Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 16: You say that like she can read Marjorie.
Speaker 7: Marjorie, you sweet sweet girl. Uh you think you lowered yourself for me? I am so far above you. I can see the Jewish space lasers you love so much. Okay, sorry if I'm being too honest, but you know me the BBB.
Speaker 16: I tell it like it is. I can't really snap, but you get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well what now? All right? You're gonna have to face these people again. You want to become law I know I have to.
Speaker 16: Be the bigger bill.
Speaker 7: I'm just done with these boys in the house, you know. I think I'm going to take some time to do some self care, do some light reading, light reading of myself, and then I'll be ready. I'll be ready to go to the Senate, where the mature politicians are.
Speaker 1: I don't think senators are really any more mature.
Speaker 16: Yeah they will, They're all like ninety five.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I don't know if senators are going to read all of you either. Politicians just don't take their job seriously.
Speaker 7: I know, Michael, they're not responsible like you journalists are. I'm sure you've read all of me, right.
Speaker 1: Of course, I mean I'm a professional.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have talked about the bill for the whole headline without reading it, of course.
Speaker 7: Like okay, yeah, okay, then what's your favorite provision? Yeah, without looking at me.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, the big beautiful bill. Everyone.
Speaker 17: When we come back, we find out the next generation of So don't go round, I don't.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Hallow show.
Speaker 3: Every year there's more and more reporters in the news media. So to find out who some of them are, we go to Jordan Klepper in our segment news to Meet You.
Speaker 18: Ever since President Trump took office, he's been attacking the establishment press harder than Elon's face by his own kids.
Speaker 1: And now the.
Speaker 18: Trump administration is welcoming a crop of new media reporters to the White House. In fact, they're not just replacing old media, they're great replacing them.
Speaker 19: Starting today, this seat in the one of the room, which is usually occupied by the Press Secretary's staff.
Speaker 12: Will be called the new Media seat.
Speaker 16: We have an individual in our new media seat today. His name is Tim Poole.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, lovely to meet you.
Speaker 18: Tim Poole a YouTuber and I'm assuming former Game Stop employee. Now his head might be cold, but he's in the hot seats. Let's hear him. Hold this administration's feet to the fire.
Speaker 20: Many of the news organizations that are represented in this room have Martin lockstep on false narratives such as the very Fine people hopes, the Covington smear, and now what's being called the Maryland Man hoax. I'm wondering if you comment on that on professional behavior?
Speaker 18: Wow, Wow, that's a great question.
Speaker 1: Everyone in this room sucks. Do you care to comment?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 18: Okay, So the Trump administration has brought in the perfect weapon, someone who can attack the media from within the media. He's like a wolf in sheep's clothing. If that clothing came from hot topic, you know what, you know what looks can be deceiving. If he has White House credentials, I'm sure he brings the dignified, well sourced positions that we expect from qualified journalists.
Speaker 19: You've got stories of migrants drilling cats and slaughtering mammals in the street.
Speaker 1: The laughter like.
Speaker 4: Women only get paid seventy three cents on the dollar for what a man makes by At the same time, you have been a friend of ladies' nights where at bars women get discounts when they buy drinks, so spare me toot.
Speaker 19: Because of trans issues, we must refer to the vagina as the front hole.
Speaker 18: Wow, what I can't believe, But my upper side holes are hearing.
Speaker 1: My middle face hole is a game. My hole is clinched. We all caught up here on how we're doing. You know what.
Speaker 18: This is just how new media talks. If you're offended by that, you're stuck in the old legacy media world and don't understand what an alpha this guy is. He's cool, tough, and you know what, the ladies love him.
Speaker 19: We're gonna end up with a generation of women who view almost all men as inadequate. I think it's crazy that I'm about to be thirty four and I have no family. You know what, you know what the problem is, though it's definitely not me. I think it's to everybody else.
Speaker 18: I'm gonna I'm gonna play this hand blind and say it's definitely you, Tim Hello. In fairness, I'm sure it's hard out there for guys who look like Joe Peshi's home alone, stunt, double fair, fine, Fine, He's not great at analyzing his love life. But that doesn't mean he isn't great at analysing the political landscape and telling us not just what's happening, but what's going to happen next, Like the predictions he made about January sixth, two days.
Speaker 19: Prior, Newsweek says exclusive threat of pro Trump violence in Washington overshadows inauguration security plans. Oh, I just love the depravity of these news outlets. When did Trump tweet go get violence and instigate violence? Trump said, be there, it'll be wild. What does it mean, I'm having to party everybody about if you gotta be that's gonna be wild.
Speaker 16: What does that mean.
Speaker 19: Does it mean we're gonna bring guns and it's gonna be violent. No, it means we're gonna have a party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, bro.
Speaker 18: You know what they say, It ain't a party until somebody drops aduce at Nancy Pelosi's desk. Fine, Fine, So New Media's Timpoole was wrong about January sixth. He's not a mind reader, even though he dresses like a street magician. Still still Tim can promise you this. He brings you the unbiased and unfiltered truth.
Speaker 19: The news you're getting comes straight from me and straight from the source. I don't have a political agenda, bringing real news and not narrative to all of you.
Speaker 18: Exactly. It's truth to table journalism, immune to propaganda and outside influence. Tim Poole is an honest man who cannot be bought.
Speaker 11: Popular far right American influencer Tim Poole, unwinningly paid by Russian state media company RT, is part of an operation to influence American politics.
Speaker 7: POOL promoting pro Russian narratives on a host of issues.
Speaker 18: Are you saying I shouldn't trust a man who dresses like a divorce ghost hunter?
Speaker 1: What whoa whoa no know what?
Speaker 18: These these these news reports can say whatever they want to say. But I'm sure he's not blatantly shilling for Russia.
Speaker 19: Ukraine is the enemy of this country. Ukraine is our enemy being funded by the Democrats. I will stress again one of the greatest enemies of our nation right now is Ukraine. We should rescind all funding and financing, plot all military support, and we should apologize to Russia.
Speaker 18: Wow, now that is customer service. I mean, come on, Tim, You're better than this. These allegations are true.
Speaker 1: I'm outraged.
Speaker 18: You can't be pushing Russian propaganda. It doesn't matter how much they're paying you.
Speaker 16: A new report claims that during the twenty twenty four campaign, Russian state media fineled one hundred thousand dollars per episode to Timpoole one hundred thousand dollars for me in my front goal.
Speaker 18: Whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 1: All right, all right? So what have we learned here today?
Speaker 18: We learned that Tempoole has been compromised by Russian interests. However, the good news is I have not give me a call of lad for the right price. This facehole can be all yours.
Speaker 1: Dots, Verdonia, comrades. I'm Jordan Klapper.
Speaker 16: Good night and seriously, good clock.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jordan.
Speaker 17: Let me come back. Leahiptman will be joining me on the show. Don't Go Away Dot, Welcome back to show.
Speaker 15: My guest tonight was a University of Michigan law professor, co host of the.
Speaker 3: Strict Scrutiny podcast, and author of the New York Times bestseller Lawless.
Speaker 1: Please welcome Leah Lippman.
Speaker 3: Some of these people are so excited about constitutional law.
Speaker 1: Thank you for coming on the show.
Speaker 3: Your book How the Supreme Court runs on conservative grievance, fringe theories, and bad vibes.
Speaker 1: Explain vibes to me, Okay.
Speaker 21: So by vibes, I kind of mean feelings and the political talking points of the Republican Party that the justices are laundering into the law or sometimes just declaring to be the law. So when they invalidated Joe Biden's student debt relief plan, they announced foot indeed, they announced they didn't exactly have to follow the law like what Congress enacted, because student debt relief raised questions that were personal and emotionally charged, i e.
Speaker 12: It triggered them, and so that just became the law.
Speaker 3: Are you saying the Supreme Court is can have feelings and is acting on those feelings.
Speaker 12: I'm saying they are a bunch of snowflakes.
Speaker 22: Oh there's a lot of that in this and it is very refreshing to read.
Speaker 3: And here on your podcast Strict Scrutiny. Here here people just talk about the Supreme Court, And uh, is that okay to do that?
Speaker 12: I think it's more than okay.
Speaker 21: So one is I wanted to put this in a language that even Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsich could understand. So I needed to make it accessible and whatnot. But second is, I think the Supreme Court is this incredibly powerful and not well understood institution, and I wanted to make information about the Supreme Court accessible. I wanted to energize people to get involved in learning more about the Supreme Court and wanting to do something about it.
Speaker 3: This audience seems to know a lot about the Supreme Court. But let's assume let's assume that our viewing audience and maybe even the host, needs a refresher on what's actually.
Speaker 1: Happening right now in the Supreme Court. And talk to me, not like a child, talk to me like a blob.
Speaker 21: Okay, okay, So here's the basic rule of Supreme Court fight Club right now.
Speaker 1: That's a movie. I understand that reference. There you go.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 21: So the basic rule is there is no discrimination against women, racial minorities, gays and lesbians.
Speaker 12: And trans people.
Speaker 21: But there is discrimination against white wingers or white right wingers. And that kind of discrimination is everywhere, and it's so prevalent that gives them the right to discriminate against everyone else. But you're not allowed to call it discrimination because that's to mean to them.
Speaker 1: Right, that's that's basic vibe. Yes, well, look Roe v. Wade was overturned, and we're all reacting. We're all we're all reacting to that.
Speaker 3: But I wonder, besides just reacting that, should we be looking forward?
Speaker 1: And what else could they do?
Speaker 12: They could do so much?
Speaker 21: I mean, I worry that the next several decades might look like a hunger games for liberal constitutional democracy. So after abortion, I think they are likely to come after contraception. I think they're likely to come after what remains of the Voting Rights Act. I think they are likely to come after what remains of campaign finance regulation. And so I think that they are in a position to really undo a lot of what is foundational and important about our current democracy.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about what we can do eventually, but I want to keep digging into this and some of the bleakness that.
Speaker 1: Exists, and you talk about that in the book.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's maybe a struggle you've had as an author, is like I have to share with you the bleak shit, and we'll talk about later maybe what we can do. Let's talk a little bit about the three zero three creative case. And that was something that you illuminate really well. And I think all of us could use a resummary of what exactly happened there and how that case was almost manufactured to get a result that they wanted.
Speaker 21: Yes, so this is a super wild case where the justices basically feel entitled to create a bunch of rules and indeed to make up cases. So the case really went back to Obergefell versus Hodges, which was the marriage equality decision that invalidated laws that prohibited marriage licenses for same sex cups. And in that case, Justices Alito and Thomas and the other Republican appointees throw a hissy fit about how marriage equality was so unfair to people who didn't think that gays and lesbians should be able to get married. You know. Justice Alito said it would facilitate the marginalization of people with traditional views about marriage and even said it called to mind the harsh treatment of gays and lesbians in the past, as if marriage equality was like the same thing as not allowing gays and lesbians to get married. But anyways, so in that case, they said, marriage equality is going to facilitate First Amendment violations of those with traditional views about marriage. And so when the justices announced that they are basically inviting people to file First Amendment challenges to civil rights protections for the LGBT community. And that's what happened in three or three creative there you had this organization, the Alliance Defending Freedom, get involved in this case where they found a website designer that became a wedding website designer that then became a religious wedding website designer who then all of a sudden was very afraid she was going to have to make a wedding website celebrating same sex weddings. And so that was the case that kind of was sort of before the Supreme Court, even though she hadn't actually been asked to design a website for a same sex couple. But why decide the case and in front of you when you can just play a little fantasy football. And so in that case, the justices just declared that well, obviously, refusing to make a wedding website for a same sex couple, that's not discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Speaker 12: Right, Okay, I can explain that if you want explain.
Speaker 1: But I stopped listening like six minutes ago. No, No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: That's not true, well not, but I mean this is the challenge of the subject you're in. Yes, we as Americans can't tune out, right, we have to be paying attention.
Speaker 1: And you said fantasy football, and I thought, today may my trades?
Speaker 21: Well, if we could trade some Supreme Court justices, that would be great.
Speaker 12: So yeah, let's do them.
Speaker 3: What level of justice do we lose if we're artificially manufacturing cases.
Speaker 21: I think we lose all justice whatsoever, because in that case, the justice is just declared that some set of people have a right to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. But we don't know what set of people that is because the case involved an imaginary wedding website designer, and so we don't know exactly what group of people now has you know, all of their prejudices protected by the Constitution. And so that case has created this spillover where now a bunch of people are asserting the right to discriminate.
Speaker 3: Right, let's switch gears for a sec and talk about the code of ethics that either does or does not exist within the Supreme Court. I mean, some crazy stuff coming out with Clarence Thomas flying on private jets and yachts, and having an RV A nineteen thousand dollars Bible owned by Frederick Douglas. Gorsich and Kavanaugh were paid thirty thousand dollars to teach a two week course.
Speaker 1: Over and over. There's all of these things.
Speaker 3: What exactly is the code of ethics for the Supreme Court?
Speaker 1: Do they have one?
Speaker 21: It's a code of like non ethics, So they don't really have an actual code of ethics.
Speaker 1: They wrote something.
Speaker 21: They wrote the binding guidance document and then wanted a big party to be thrown for them because they fixed the entire problem. But then not all of them even a bide by that non binding set of principles. So basically they just kind of do whatever they want and they feel pretty entitled to be kept men.
Speaker 12: And so this is like what I said.
Speaker 1: In high school that Mom and Dad, I think I should be in charge of my.
Speaker 21: Curfew, right, get to make up the rules that apply to themselves as they go along.
Speaker 3: Are the are the courts underneath the Supreme Court?
Speaker 1: Is it the same for those courts?
Speaker 21: No, those courts actually have some rules that can be enforced against them. But you know, when you're a Supreme Court justice They just apparently let you do it.
Speaker 12: As someone once said.
Speaker 1: Kind of you.
Speaker 3: You you were a clerk at the Supreme Court.
Speaker 21: I was.
Speaker 3: I always assumed as an American that this was kind They were the adults in the room, that this is where things finally ended and.
Speaker 1: Justice was served right or wrong.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's alike in there. So I think I know how you're going to answer.
Speaker 21: Part of the goal the book is to socialize people in a different picture of the Supreme Court. And you know, we have a guy taking a literal chainsaw to the federal government and electoral politics.
Speaker 1: He's not the Supreme Court.
Speaker 21: Well, but here's the thing he's allegedly doing so on like bladder damaging levels of ketamine.
Speaker 12: They're doing its stone cold sober.
Speaker 1: They are just.
Speaker 21: Saying, you can't have the Clean Power Plan because there's a debate about climate regulation. You can't have student debt relief because that would be like the French Revolution, and it triggers me. You can't have the Voting Rights Act because that's too popular. And so they're doing the same thing. It's just not getting the same kind of attention.
Speaker 3: I mean, are it almost sounds like we as a society have gotten soft, but also so is our Supreme Court.
Speaker 12: I think they have gotten soft.
Speaker 21: They've also just gotten kind of lazy, like they're not even trying.
Speaker 12: They're not even trying anymore, you know. They just declare things to be the law.
Speaker 21: They make up new made up theories with new made up exceptions, because why not, you know, with six Republican justices on the Court, I think they feel like they have to try a little bit less, especially with Donald Trump taking so much of the attention away from them.
Speaker 3: I respond really well to your passion, in your enthusiasm and your drive, and I wonder where that comes from.
Speaker 21: Inner rage and inner pettiness is some of it.
Speaker 1: But there's something, there's something behind that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, So I had a candas Parker WNBA basketball Champion on yesterday and I feel the same energy, and I ask her the same question, But I'm curious where it comes from.
Speaker 20: You.
Speaker 21: Yes, So, I grew up in a family where the women in my family spoke very openly about what it was like to grow up in a world where women didn't have control over their own bodies, experienced sexual violence, had to drop out of school, and so seeing that world come back is very makes me filled with incandescent rage, you know, to hear that I don't get to have rights because apparently it's really hard for some men to live in a world with feminism and women's rights, which is basically what Justice Alito said when he overruled ROVERSUS way. He said, well, that case declared a losing side and a winning side. And it's like, my guy, you literally just described how cases are decided.
Speaker 12: There is a winning side and a losing side. But I guess it's illegal when women win.
Speaker 3: Well, one of it's really fun watching you talk shit to Justice Alito and listen to it.
Speaker 1: And read about all right, all right, hey damn.
Speaker 3: I want to try to steer this in a positive and somewhat.
Speaker 1: Solution based conclusion. What can we do?
Speaker 3: I mean, one of the things you talk about in the conclusion is just start talking about this when you go to the dog park. Don't be afraid to share with people that you think the Supreme Court isn't working right now?
Speaker 1: What else can we do?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 21: So, I do think public information and education is a big part of this. I don't think that the Democratic already is going to lead on this, So I think we need to build a movement of people who understand what the Supreme Court is and how it has changed and how it is changing the country. More concretely, you know, I actually believe in the power of talking shit and memes.
Speaker 12: That's part of why I'm here.
Speaker 21: But no, like, seriously, these guys are so triggered when they're criticized. And Elon Musk was basically shamed and name called out of the federal government. So sometimes that stuff works, and I feel like we should try it here too, right.
Speaker 1: Well, Si Leo Littman.
Speaker 17: They'll look likely like.
Speaker 1: I not shut it.
Speaker 16: But then here it is.
Speaker 1: You're let's go back to this Musk Trump the thing. This is a bromance that appears to perhaps be buckling a bit.
Speaker 12: This romance seems to be coming to a bit of an end.
Speaker 1: Could it be?
Speaker 10: Could the bromance be over?
Speaker 1: A bromance turned a bro off? Is the bromance over now? Politically speaking?
Speaker 18: I think the probably the fun candlelight dinner part of the bromance is over, but they're still friends.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 16: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 2: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 8: Plus Paramount Podcasts