Speaker 1: Hey, that folks, Welcome to the latest episode Amy and TJ. What's going on with me? I had to look over at the wall and read the name of our podcast. Wow, it's just our name.
Speaker 2: It's a great start. Yeah, I thought you were the good starter.
Speaker 1: No, you told everybody I was a good starter. You know how bad of a starter you have to be if you think I do a better job this one.
Speaker 2: Wow, you found a way to insult me right off the top.
Speaker 1: No, I was insulting me. I was saying that was so terrible.
Speaker 2: No, you're saying that I'm even worse than you.
Speaker 1: No, you're saying you're worse than me. Wow, this is a good start. This is how you start a podcast. Hello and welcome everybody. We are on a pretty good We're on a pretty good high right now because the weather just turned here in New York so nice, and we've been through, oh my goodness, months, it seems like we haven't had a break of any kind, and today it hit what.
Speaker 3: Sixty sixty two and we pretty much thought it was eighty eighty.
Speaker 2: I had a tank top on and I was skipping it. I really was skipping.
Speaker 1: This was typical. Though the weather has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: I had an extra spring in my step because I was listening to Beyonce and I was walking down the street, and I just thought, life doesn't get.
Speaker 2: Better than this.
Speaker 3: It is funny, though, how the weather can change everything. So we're going to enjoy this stretch this week here in New York City because it is long overdue. Although March is usually my least favorite weather month of New York because I think because I grew up in the South, you expect it to be warmer in March and it never is. But this week is the exception. So anyway, we're just I'm very happy today, very joyful today.
Speaker 1: You are clearly very happy I am. I have an entire weather.
Speaker 3: Cast and we're looking at really good weather for the half marathon, the New York City Marathon on Sunday, perfect running weather, starting out in the forties ending right at sixty.
Speaker 2: I couldn't have handpicked about.
Speaker 1: You are giving a full weather report.
Speaker 3: Right now, this my calling.
Speaker 2: I actually have to admit I am one of those people.
Speaker 1: Anytime you say, I have to admit bracef so has any.
Speaker 3: Is anyone else out there, anyone who's listening addicted to watching the weather, channel, or I think I look at my weather app ten times a day.
Speaker 2: There's something about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Emma is A is A is a weather channel junkie. So TJ will know that this happened when we were traveling this summer overseas. We were in France and we were walking down the street and who did we see.
Speaker 2: An I kind of fangirled my.
Speaker 1: Man, Paul goodloaw. Yeah, I got so excited.
Speaker 2: I was like, I've been watching you for years.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yes, well, Paul, I hope you were supposed to be there because we just out as you now, Oh no, we saw.
Speaker 2: He was there with his wife.
Speaker 3: We got to meet the Oh yeah, no, it was his wife and we had a fun chat. But it was I was kind of embarrassed at how much how excited I was to meet him, because that's how much I watch.
Speaker 2: The Weather channel.
Speaker 1: That's embarrassed. I was in France with the woman I love, who's geeking out over another dude because he gives her the weather. Oh well, it was a rough it was a rough vacation and was a rough vacation.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, also back in the day when I covered hurricanes and all of that, when you saw Jim Canty where you were, you knew.
Speaker 2: Run No, I was excited. I was like, I'm going to be a ground zero. We're going to watch the eye of the hurricane come over.
Speaker 3: So yes, I'm a big no, no, no, no, I'm a big Weather Channel junkie. Although I've never I wouldn't. I've never done it, and that was my feeble attempt at it. But yes, weather makes me happy.
Speaker 1: Cantory. If I show upon seen, I see Canty or al Roker, y'all fly me out of I give me out now.
Speaker 2: The last the last plane out before story.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't want to be anywhere near those two dudes, my goodness during a storm. So see like that, you're worried about how we're going to start, and look at how we started.
Speaker 3: It's better for us not to plant it. We used to do this all the time where we would just see what happens.
Speaker 1: And it still works for us. But we're here on a little bit of a high because we had a bit of a concert. Yeah before we came a serenade, that's the right way to put it. Yes, your daughter Ava is in Berlin, as we've talked about here, but she's very much a songstress. She is a songwriter, she's a singer, and she is so excited to tell mommy everything she's got going on.
Speaker 3: Yes, she does, and she loves. She's been performing since she was oh my gosh, since she could speak. So I have these hilarious videos of her singing Somewhere over the Rainbow when she didn't even fully know the words, and she would add this vibrato even though she clearly could not.
Speaker 2: She be like.
Speaker 3: Somewhere, you know, she would see I don't know, Judy Garland or somebody singing it, and she was trying to imitate her.
Speaker 2: So we have these videos and they're hilarious.
Speaker 1: Can you post them later?
Speaker 2: Possibly?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think she'd be okay with it. They're so cute. And she just loved performing. Before she even knew how to sing, she was singing and sometimes well, you know, she's my daughter, so it was always it was always wonderful. But you know, she had a lot of learning, a lot of growing to do. And I asked her, actually, if I could talk about this, because she started taking her love of singing onto stages and I didn't even have anything to do with it. She would go and book herself, find someone who would put her on a stage, and she ended up creating a rock band and performing at the Bitter End, which is a famed kind of divy but again famous music divy bar.
Speaker 2: I don't even how to describe it. You've been there. It's just kind of hole in the wall.
Speaker 3: But people like you know, Lady Gaga have seen there, sung there. Taylor Swift has sung there. So she got her start when she was fifteen, and I think tej you saw an early concert right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I she was raring to go by the time I saw her, because she was going through.
Speaker 3: Her she'd been doing it for a couple of years. But she would write all of her own songs. She did a couple covers, and as a you know, you're just you're holding your breath because you know that they're putting themselves out there, anyone who is a performer, anyone who was a singer or an actor.
Speaker 2: When you get up there, you are you are laying it all out.
Speaker 3: You are exposing yourself to anyone who wants to say anything. But if you love what you're doing, when you're watching somebody perform, who loves what they're doing to me, that's the joy, that's the beauty. So we were talking because she didn't even know we were going to have this next guest who will introduce in just a second on the podcast. But she called me, facetimed me from Berlin to show me this new rendition, a new cover she came up with. She was so excited and she sounded fantastic. Maybe she'll even let me post that, because then she sent me a recording that she made of her singing this cover. So it was it was beautiful and it was fun and I said, you're never gonna believe it's so funny. You're facetiming me with this because we are. I said, did you happen to catch that cute girl eight years old who sang the national anthem? She's like yes, And so she had seen it on TikTok. I think millions of you have seen it and watched it and rewatched it, and she was so excited that we were talking to Kinsley and her dad, and she wanted me to tell her to keep performing and to keep knocking it out of the ballpark and to keep putting yourself out there because you're only going to grow and get better when you do that. So let's introduce our next guest. It's Kinsley Murray and her dad Schaeffer Murray. Thank you all for joining us and we're so excited to have you on the podcast. How are you doing?
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: So all right? Kinsley? How famous are you?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 2: So humble? So humble?
Speaker 3: Were you surprised at how many people watched you perform at that Pacers game on TikTok when they so the ras put your performance at the National Anthem up on TikTok? And do you know how many views you're up to right now?
Speaker 4: I don't really look at it, so I don't know how many views they are.
Speaker 1: Now, Kinsley, are you of age that you have a cell phone or access to an iPad and are able to scan the internet or you're not old enough for that yet? Okay, that's okay, that's not a bad thing. I think it's right around good. Yes, I think that's probably right around the age. I finally let My daughter is eleven, so I think it was around eight nine ten before she got her hands on devices. Now, a lot of people have been have seen you over the past couple of weeks. But you have been singing the national anthem in front of crowds for a while. Can you give me an idea of how long you've been doing that and just maybe even how many times and how many places you've had the honor of doing that.
Speaker 4: Well, Oh, when I was when I say, yeah, my dad's choir, and then I told my dad, oh that I wanted to start singing like national anthem. So then I started doing that, And when that was fine, I started singing at like Major League Baseball and NBA basketball. And when I think what really inspires me is when France Scott he wrote the national anthem on the War of eighteen twelve and he looked at a sales company saw that the flag was still there and that and it really inspires me. And oh the crowd inspires me also.
Speaker 3: Wow. And so I know the national anthem is your thing. You're very patriotic, you love our country, you love singing the national anthem.
Speaker 2: What is it like?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's nerve wracking to sing in front of anyone. You're singing in front of thousands of people, and now millions and million and millions of people. I believe the last count was somewhere around twenty three million views on TikTok have seen you sing? What is it like to sing in front of audiences that big and hear people cheering?
Speaker 2: Do you get nervous?
Speaker 4: No, not at all, especially at the Duke game.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: The crowd inspires me because they're like whoah. Even at the beginning, when before I even sing the national anthem, they're like whoo, and somebody's like I want a Sephie and so, and then on rockets, the crowd is just like cheering as loud as they can. And it makes me really happy and and it just gets me really excited and passionate and I'm free. They just they're just like whoa.
Speaker 2: And then I, oh, you bring it home?
Speaker 1: Okay Dad? Where does this come from? Well, I mean, I assume she's got to be some kind of a chip off the old block. But the patriotism, the enthusiasm, the excitement about performing and singing, even, where does this come from?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like she said a little choir at my fourth grade teacher. So I had a little choir that's saying the anthem for local events, and you know, she started singing it with them. I realized when she was just turned a little after one years old, and so it started going. But the patriotism, I mean patriotism, she just yeah, I mean she got the red, white and blue thing, you know, fourth of July, and she just she wants to look as fabulous as possible. So I try to try to help her in that way I can, and you know she likes to. She keeps coming up with new things, and she wants the jewelry, she wants the fancy dresses, she wants the nails painted. She wants to hit. So I have to make my own bows and ribbons and all that. So just try to help her look as good as she can so she can go out there and perform.
Speaker 1: Why is this one, though, Dad? I mean, you've seen her perform plenty of times, I mean maybe every single time she's ever saying the national anthem. You were probably right there. Why is it that this performance has resonated and gotten so much attention? Do you think?
Speaker 5: I think it's just who who posted it? I imagine real. And she's went viral one other time, not quite this many views, and I even close this many views. But when she was just turned sick, she she went viral at a Gonzega game. You know, h it's kind of like the old iceberg. You know, you have that whole body of work underneath the water and then you know they're just seeing the tip of it. But she's like you said, been for a while, and I just yeah, you know, cop fired this one. And you know what's crazy to me is that I from what I heard, I think like twenty eight million views is the last time, my last thing I heard, and that makes for a third of the pacers total TikTok talk views, which is insanity.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, that is insane.
Speaker 3: That's got to feel good as a dad to see the impact she's having. What do you hear from the fans? I mean she's talking about the roar of the crowds. I mean you're seeing all the attention she's getting. Are you concerned about it at all? Are you excited for her? How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: As her father, all he.
Speaker 5: Can continue to do is, you know, keep trying to get harder. And we've worked on keys, and she works with her singing coach on keys, and you know she's eight, so sometimes she may go off, but we've talked about it and we continue to work and get better and that's all we can really do is work and get better. But when you I mean I got pictures of her, you know, performing in the kitchen, and I mean it's every day she just wants even at the same song. You know, she knows for four months that we're seeing the Pacers game, and she works for Tailoff to actually do it. When can we practice? When we can we go on it and she you know, I'm not done practicing. It's it's it's constant. So she has the drive and so I just want to, you know, support her as much as I can.
Speaker 1: And Dack and I asked it, I asked Kinsley, But you might have a better account. How many times has she performed the national anthem in front of a I guess an official audience and an official event? And how how do they get in touch? Do you do? You get constant calls for her?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm like her agent in a way, and I send, I send out what I can. You know what I can because you know, just because once she started doing professional events, we're probably doing about fifteenth to twenty years, so she's over one hundred. She was doing more when we're doing a bunch of minor league stuff around town. But we don't have a lot of professional events in eastern Washington, so we have to go out. Wow, But it's just you know, we're just emailing out and if they like her, they take her and Schaeffer.
Speaker 3: This was of note to me. You're funding this whole thing. These aren't paid gigs. You're doing this to support your daughter and her passion. This has got to be an expensive endeavor.
Speaker 5: We go to. You know, I have lots of people that we know and keep in touch with high school and and just other things and friends and whatnot and family, so so we try to keep it at least this last time, we keep it to people that we know in family, so we have a place to stay, so you know, for purchase food and food and flight, you know, try to get a good flight, cheap price out of it. But yeah, I'm funding the whole thing, and so we save up and try to try to have some extra for summer vacation fund.
Speaker 1: Kinsley, do you fully grasp the idea of what it means to be going viral? And secondly, given that, do you have friends or anybody at school or are they are they kind of loving it and giving you a giving you a hard time about being so famous right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like, you're really famous. I saw it on DV or like you with viral.
Speaker 2: You know what's so cute?
Speaker 3: I know our listeners you at home can't see Kinsley's face, but she has not want stop smiling. You can tell the joy she has in doing this and performing. Kinsley, what do you want to do next? Do you have a performance already set up? Or is there something that you really want to do that you haven't done yet? Tell us what's next?
Speaker 4: Do the Dodgers? Are they Yankees? Because I just think it would be really cool because the Dodgers are like one of my favorite baseball teams, well my favorite baseball team ever, and the Yankees are just really big, So I think so I think if get into those two teams, I'll get bigger.
Speaker 5: I think the Yankees is because she's really wants to go to New York.
Speaker 3: I mean, so you wouldn't be nervous singing at Yankee Stadium the national anthem.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Nervous, not at all. I just the gradually gives me a lot of confidence, inspires me, and some people say inspire them and so it really so. I think it's really I think I really like it, and I would not be scared at all. I would I would be probably living the life.
Speaker 1: You're living the life now, Kidsley, What what's the biggest crowd so far that you have had the plat Dad you're thinking there as well, Like, what would have been the biggest crowd performed in front of?
Speaker 4: I think it's the Pacers game, Pacers and Sacramento.
Speaker 5: King's about twenty. Tell them what the wildest one was?
Speaker 4: The wildest one I've ever done was Duke. They're like so crazy. Even before the game, they were like, I'm your biggest There so many pictures with me and oh and after the game and it was just so cool how they were like, oh crazy about me.
Speaker 5: I told her before she's Duke, I says, tell everybody.
Speaker 1: She just know nothing about Duke, but she will the craziest. Yes, the Cameron crazy.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, Kinsley.
Speaker 3: Do you have a favorite singer, an idol, someone who you aspire to be? Like?
Speaker 4: My inspirations are Kelly Clarkson, Fergie Christina AA, Jennifer Hudson, Taylor Swift, and Whitney Houston.
Speaker 2: There's some pretty good singers there.
Speaker 1: Those are all my inspirations as well. To be quite honest with you, how do you so the performance that so many people did see at the Pacers game? Take me, take us all Kinsley into what goes into that performance? First of all, is that a typical performance for you for those who hadn't seen you before? But also what goes into that? How you picked what you were wearing, how you go about performing. Maybe you mixed it up a bit on this, and maybe you keep evolving. I don't know, because most of us just saw the one. So tell us, Oh.
Speaker 4: Well, I just won under my country and I think Green wat and Blue who is the best. So I just like to look and so I get all these glamorous stuff and sparkly dresses, and I just kind of look as pretty and just let's seeing glamy as I can. This was probably one of my favorite dresses. I like how they had the sleeve bog and then the sparkles at the bottom. I really like that dress.
Speaker 2: And and Shaeffer, am I correct that. Dad.
Speaker 3: You're responsible for the dresses, even her hairstyles, everything you do at all.
Speaker 5: I'd like to say I made the dress, but I'm not that good. But we found some lady in Ireland who's you know, very reasonable price considering, and she actually drew a picture design send it over. I'm like, that's it. And so she did four different ones for the for the Midwest trip that we did and they're all just incredible. Yeah, just the detail and all that. And she told me what to do for the most part, because I'm not savvy on on girl dresses, but she had me get the forget what they call that, the under thing, the poof underneath.
Speaker 1: Of course, and I know it's exactly No, it's the under thing, it's the underpoof. That's that's what we call it. Exactly what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, now you talk both of you all talked when I when I asked about what goes into the performance, you talked about the attire. But I have to ask Kinsley, you put you put some stink on your performance there. I mean you you made it your own. You you weren't. You didn't just get up there and sing. You made that a performance and you really got into Now what goes into that? I'm asking where does that come from? Do you look at any other inspirations. Is that all yours? Tell me what that was?
Speaker 4: Well, I like you to, Oh, look at my inspirations, like Kelly Clarkson or went in Houston, or like Fergy, or like any other ones. And I just had to put put them together to make one full anthem, and I just and then I just go out there and do my best.
Speaker 2: Do you mix it up? Do you always sing it the same way? Kinsley? Or do you do you do? Every performance is different?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, usually I like have one performance and then like when I was little, I had one performance and then I started switching it up, and I keep and then I keep switching it up and until I like it. And then sometimes we switch it up after the other anthems, so we switch it up a lot.
Speaker 3: I'll admit I actually told our producers two times in my life, much much younger, I sang the national anthem, not in front of a crowd anywhere near as big as yours, but I was so nervous and it was overwhelming, like I lost my breath support. You know, I practiced, I had a pitch pipe.
Speaker 2: And still it's the scariest.
Speaker 3: Song and it's one of the hardest songs to sing. You mentioned how you get excited when you hit the free, which is the highest note. You don't ever get nervous about hitting that note free. Has your voice ever cracked? If you ever had anything go wrong where the next time you're thinking, please don't let that happen again. You've done it so many times it's I'm amazed.
Speaker 1: Well, I have.
Speaker 4: This off key in my free a couple times. You just gotta get that note really.
Speaker 2: High, And you know what I noticed? You just go for it.
Speaker 3: You don't hold back, and even if you are off, you're still sing it with every ounce of your being.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes it so special.
Speaker 3: You can tell you have such a passion for what you do, and it's a beautiful thing to witness. I am curious, though, Schaeffer, because yes, you want to support your daughter and her passion. I understand that as a mom as I talked about my own daughter.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get worried?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: I can't imagine thinking we're singing at these games, which is cool enough, But now with the advent of social media and having so many people not only watch her but comment on her good and bad. Do you are you afraid it's getting or it's gotten out of control in any way.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 5: I just try to support her passion, but like nerves, I'm a wreck. Before she got she's loving live, She's I got video, She's for the game. She's out dancing. Actually before that game, her biggest thing was Terse Halliburton and talking. She regretting that she didn't get a selfie with them. But yeah, I'm the one that with the nerves, and yeah, I care about it. You know. I try not to expose her to too much of that stuff, but I tell her, you know, I mean, you're out in the public spotlight. If you get off note, they're going to they're going to get you. So she knows that, and she, you know, she just continues, like I said, to try and be your best. And we work with her myself as long, with a couple of other coaches that she she talks to, just to make her as best as possible and do things, you know, in warm ups and and things to build that course that maybe that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Shaff you told her you put yourself out there in the spotlight, and you know the good and the bad will come. What what have you told her? How far have you gone in telling her about what's happened with this latest round of going viral.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I was told there's just you know, we talked. We talked to my auntie as well, and she was the first one to say, Auntie, Timmy, she's the first one to say it. You know, you ain't got haters until you made it. Maybe you made it so amen.
Speaker 2: I love I love that. I love that.
Speaker 3: And look, these are lessons that people learn the hard way and all the time now these days. I mean, this is something that kids no matter if they're putting themselves out there or not. You know, this is one of the evils of social media is that people get to say whatever they want, they get to be anonymous. And and so the fact that she's taking this in stride and she's doing something that she loves, that she's passionate about that, you know, I think it's remarkable that that she's got that big old smile on her face and she's ready for more. I think these are important life lessons that unfortunately we're all having to teach young kids at an earlier age than we should about social media in general. But to see someone following their dream, I don't I don't. I don't see how anyone could say anything negative about a beautiful child who is following her dreams, following her heart and and listening to all of the noise and still undeterred, going for it each every time.
Speaker 2: Do you have the next gig set up? By the way, Schaeffer, Uh, working on a couple.
Speaker 5: We're working on some major league events. But yeah, no one's actually reaching out unfortunately, So I'm hoping, you know, you know, some of these major league once stuff dies down, some people will reach out. I will say that, you know, with all the the stuff and people saying things like the people at the events, and if you listen to especially the Duke game, if you absolutely like I've heard anything like it. Yes, it's it's evil the noise that I hear, there foreign anthem. I've seen Super Bowl, I've been to Super Bowls, I've been to World Series. I've never heard anything close to the type of reaction she gets. And she likes to. She likes to do her parade at halftime around the concourse. And she could because she gets stopped by hundreds for selfies and and every goes out of their way to tell her how amazing she did, so you know, I get that, but but there's, yeah, the amount of good stuff when she's at the game, it's crazy, it's crazy, and everybody talks about how, especially the Duke game, you inspired the team. I mean, can any of that. I mean they went up forty to twelve or whatever it was in the first half, and I mean that credit. They just got into it and they all attributed it to her, which obviously it's not all her, but I mean, you get a crowd going and that no.
Speaker 1: Take credit, Fine, it's fine, take credit. It's okay, Jeffy, all take credit. I had. But I want to go back to something you just said, like I was assuming the phone was ringing off the hook. To be honest with you, you said the calls aren't coming, and then you said that maybe they're waiting for some of this stuff to die down. Do you think this is having some impact on whether or not people would want to welcome her into their arena.
Speaker 5: I think it definitely is. And it's it's sad because, I mean, you've never heard a response like this. For maybe you have, but not very many times have you heard this kind of twenty eight million views on it an anthem couldn't bad. I mean, you have to have the the bad to go with the good, and the good to go with the bad that to make it go like it is. I mean, I mean her thing was she wanted to be different, She wanted to make it different. She wanted to make it her own so that she can get noticed, you know, and now that she's noticed, so we can adapt her little things here and there. But yeah, I mean, that's all she wants to do is sing at events. So yeah, like it does surprise me, but I'm hoping someone will reach out and she obviously, you know, the big fear of you know, of an eight year old is that they're going to buckle and stop in the middle of the song. But I mean clearly she's never done that, so at least the worries. But yeah, just trying to go out there and get some events and make some people smile. She does.
Speaker 3: I've been smiling the whole time, just watching watching Kinsley smile. Kinsley, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Speaker 4: When I grow up, I want to be a singer or an actress. But if that doesn't work out, I'll just be a teacher because I really want to teach kids and I want to and I've been planning it out in my mind, like you can decorate your own classroom, Like how hard could it be? A?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dad, how hard could it be? That is fantastic?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I want I want to ask about you all have done these so many times and we're talking about this last performance, but there have been so many other performances. Do you all do a kind of a debrief after a performance and say, this is what went well and this is what didn't go well? Is there a critique? Is there? Do you all do those?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We talk about it when I do bad and want to do good and like on the big notes, like the notes that get everybody cheering. Yeah, yeah, we talked about it a lot.
Speaker 1: So what were the notes? I guess what were the what was the debrief?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: After the Pacers performance, did you know you nailed it? Did you think you had something special? Did you all think? What was you all's critique of that performance?
Speaker 5: We talked about there's just some off keys there, and you know with the runs that she does, you know that's where a lot of it is. But I mean she feeds off the crowd, so so in the moment, I don't think she notices. But we listened to it after and go over it here and there. Okay, this was off, this was off. You know. I think on that that particular one, she went off key with a couple of spots. Oh say it as a star spangle.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 5: She likes that.
Speaker 2: Oh, he likes to do that.
Speaker 5: The new game, we switched it a little bit just so she could be on key on a little more spots.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I think it is the hardest song to sing, and you're singing at a cappella so you don't have a musical accompaniment. I mean, it's all you and everyone's looking at you, and those are not easy notes to hit at all in any way, And even the greats get off key every now and then. But what I'm impressed by and to me, this is the sign of someone who can make it in this industry. In a performance industry, you have to be able to take the critiques and you have to be able to say, I'm going to take what you said and I'm going to do better, and I'm gonna get better and I'm going to work harder. And not many people can do that. So the fact that Kinsley can do that is remarkable at that age because most people's egos much older than eight can't handle that. So the fact that she can, I think is an awesome, awesome start to a very very potentially amazing career. I'm curious, Kinsley. When I first started out performing in any way, the hardest thing to do was to listen or to watch myself.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to. I I are you do you watch yourself back? And is it hard for you at all?
Speaker 4: Uh? No, not really. Oh. I like how that crowd comes up to me. There is one person that was like, I'm a veteran and it made me cheer up a little. Well, it made me have tears and then like everyone was like you made them cry and there and there's another lady that that was like, uh, my birthday is on the point of July and it and it feels really special when you're just all red, white and blue.
Speaker 3: That is the absolute joy of being a performer, when you get that kind of feedback from people who you made happy for that moment. So that's an awesome thing to be able to do and to be able to share, and you know, we wish you.
Speaker 2: The best of success.
Speaker 3: We were so happy to be able to talk to you, to see that beautiful smile, to see your dad who's right there with you. And I love the attire. Even today we've got red white and blue? Do you always wear red white and blue?
Speaker 4: Like? Usually? Am? I? God? Singing weekends are like oh, when it's like the singing time. So usually when it's like singing, when it's like the singing week or something.
Speaker 3: Well, that makes a lot of sense. So before we let you go, I have a question, one last question for you. Do you have a favorite line in the star Spangled Banner.
Speaker 4: And the rockets red glare?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. A lot of power behind that. Can you sing it? Or no? If you don't want to, that's fine.
Speaker 4: My singing couchet probably killed me. Can you sing? Can you sing? A little?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 2: Can you see how about that? I gave it a go. My singing coach is gonna be really mad too.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Showed your boyfriend when you sing him that lullaby? Later, she can do banter for you your way great. She's a performer. She's a performer. I love it you're you're a performer, and I applaud you and look, I'm the I have a little one that's eleven years old. And look, I read about you actually before I saw the video and read about you and saw the video before I actually got to meet you. But after seeing the video, after reading some of the stuff that's out there, I just wanted to give you a hug. Look, I'm a parent, Robot here is a parent, and I just don't understand sometimes some of the foolishness that's out there, and how anybody could could anyway, shape or form, pick up their phone and have the energy to compose a message on social media to criticize an eight year old child who's doing what she loves is beyond my comprehension. So you have full support in this studio here in New York. You ever come up here, we expect to hear from you because we want to see you. So you Kinsley, do your thing. Don't you ever stop and please don't ever stop smiling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, step on that, because the Tamer Show, Tammer Hall Show did say they want her on in the near future, so.
Speaker 2: All right, we are looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I to echo what TJ said, never let your critics silence you. And I have a feeling they won't because I can see that energy and you've got a great guy right by your side, your dad.
Speaker 2: So thank you both for sharing your story, for bringing some.
Speaker 3: Joy into the iHeart Studio, and we look forward to your next big event.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. I'll tell you that I said we will.
Speaker 2: I will tell her that you said hi.
Speaker 3: Thank you both, Thank you, and thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Here Amy and TJ.
Speaker 3: We are signing off, but you of course can check us on Instagram. We've got our personal ones, We've got Amy and TJ podcast, and of course we're on TikTok as well, so we will see you all later. Thanks for listening.