Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: As far as conferences, we see some things that make absolutely no sense. When conferences like schools on the West Coast in the Big East and Big ten has thirteen schools, they getting paid. Yeah, but I say that to say it's all it's all. Everything is derived around football, and the conferences is just going crazy.
Speaker 2: No, they ain't they going money, the business going.
Speaker 3: So I say that to say, is there ever any way possible that you foresee Jackson State being in a power conference at some point?
Speaker 4: Tom, I would like to see that when we're ready. We gotta be ready now when you when you start jumping conferences, and I don't want to just jump through the baby conference. If I'm gonna jump, let's bunge a jump. Let's do the dog on thing. Okay, So I gotta get the traviss. I gotta get Travis's there too, Okay, up front on both sides, offensive defensive line with some depth, because that's how the big boys will get you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: They can't mess with you in a skill position, because we had a quarterback that could spend it.
Speaker 2: We got received that could go.
Speaker 4: Dbs that could go, linebackers that could bang and cover.
Speaker 2: Where they get you is right here in the trenches.
Speaker 4: Because now when they rotate, they rotate, and you they got eight heat seeking missiles coming and you.
Speaker 2: May have four so sooner later you're gonna wear down.
Speaker 4: So you got to beef that up if you want to compete with the big boys.
Speaker 2: But you you would like that. I want that. I mean I want what conference you want to be in. I know, it don't matter.
Speaker 4: Somebody a conference that is gonna make sure that we don't have a struggle no more, because everything is a struggle. Everything is not enough, everything is less than, everything is like thereof it's gonna be a conference that can put the whole school on that we.
Speaker 5: Straight I SEC would be big. It could be big, twelve two. I mean you see, it's like this the biggest. This is the biggest.
Speaker 2: When you start talking like that, you gotta answer the house. So that was I So you you got stadiums, you gotta have facilities. Yeah, ain't nobody. Come on, man, I want to get to if I want to talk easy coming here like this.
Speaker 5: You said playing the big boys, And I know one of the things you touched on recently was the money games true and the disperries and that can can you elaborate and explain to people because when we see a uh let's pick a pick up a random school. Uh, let's say you guys play Alabama.
Speaker 4: No, you just saw Alabama State right out there play against U c l A, Right, Okay, big dog, I don't mind that, but tell the kids what it is. I'm playing for money. I'm playing so that we can pay for this, pay for it. Don't act like you got a chance, because you know you don't. And then if you playing for money, do real business. So you getting five hundred thousand or five hundred and ninety thousand whatever was reported what you called, and check and see how much as charter flight is too charters because you got one for the team and one for the band. Okay, going that California. Now you've got hotels and all that, all those accommodations and probably two nights of food and all that. That's probably six meals. That's gonna be an upward of seven hundred, eight hundred to a million. But you're getting five ninety. So you took a l and took.
Speaker 2: A l going and getting beat done. Literally. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So to me, if I put my kids in a situation where there's no win and this is detrimental to their.
Speaker 2: Health, I'm selling them out.
Speaker 4: We big on that terminology in African Americans. I'm putting you in a situation where I no, you're not gonna win, and I'm not even getting handsomely compensated for it.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 4: But you have the same situation when another school goes to Nebraska in play and they get one point four to one point seven. Another school goes to Penn State and go to one of these other schools and they get one point five or they get one point three. They doing better business. To me, in't the value not in the school that could beat me. It's in the school that I'm gonna be.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association, member of the us I see erners, what's up you ever walk into a small business and everything just works like. The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash uyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates? Fast easy. Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Because I really just play the setup game just to beat you. Right. If I'm paying you, they mean I need to whoop you. Yeah. Right.
Speaker 4: When a boxer pays another boxer, they paying him to what whoop it? It may whether ain't gonna pay you if his purse is a twenty million and he paying you fifteen millions, But no, no, he's gonna pay you significantly less because he knows he gonna whoop you. Yeah, it don't make sense to me. Man, the numbers just don't add up to me. That's a problem for me.
Speaker 2: So who negotiates that from the sea. It has to be the ad, ad doesn't Yes, okay, yeah, because.
Speaker 3: I remember when I used to play basketball, and I remember he used to see like copp and State. They used to always the first fifteen games was on the road. They play Ohio State, Michigan.
Speaker 4: Beat downs pockets fat though he started to seize it off, like and ten over twelve.
Speaker 5: So we say the SEC has that one week every year, like this is fake city. Why are you playing UCL Monroe.
Speaker 4: Because it's to pay a game for them? Right, Yeah, but you got to make sure you get compensated enough. It's not worth my kids getting hurt. Then I got to go and talk them. You know what, we could do it next week. I know what happened last week. I'm sorry about that. We had to go get the bag. That's what the conversation should be. We had to go get the bag. Guess what we could do it this week? We could beat them.
Speaker 2: But I can't do it. I can't say I'm a kids.
Speaker 5: Let's I'm saying, even when you get the bag, it's still coming back to the school, not necessarily their program.
Speaker 4: And you ain't even bringing enough back because you got to make it back home, right, and you didn't even get enough to even make it back.
Speaker 2: Home with a bag.
Speaker 3: And at some point a conversation has to have It has to be had about funding for these schools, especially the state schools, because it's like, why a lot of Ohio states and state school like Florida State's and state school but why the black state schools never get any money.
Speaker 2: Enrollment.
Speaker 4: You got to talk about enrollment, and we got to quit a stop accepting whatever they give us. They can't just throw the money at you. You say, oh, thank you, No man, stop accepting the foolishness that they give you. If you accept peanuts, they gonna thank you monkey.
Speaker 2: Sooner.
Speaker 4: Lady, you got to stop dancing clapping for for a little dimes they're throwing in your plate, and you got to demand we deserve more.
Speaker 2: And this is why, and it's documented.
Speaker 5: So one of the things you talked about, obviously is the facilities that we're gonna grow and win win in comes. Success comes more money I know even like here when you can't hear this room we're sitting there, did not exist.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't, right, So these are practice field did not exist. Practice bill did not exist. None of this existed. And we're thankful that we have an ad that knows how to fight, and we partner and we communicate and we articulate to one another the needs and the thoughts and the process of getting them.
Speaker 2: And then I got partners right who helped.
Speaker 5: And one of the things that kind of got glossed over was like, even when this wasn't ready, Coach prop said, look, take half of whatever I'm making.
Speaker 2: Make it happen. Yeah, I had to finish, get it done.
Speaker 4: I had to get it done because I'm gonna I get tired of telling people this, this, this, this, this, assuming that you just made me do it. I'm gonna only tell you to cut the grass three times, Okay. After that, I'm gonna do it. Okay, So I'm not gonna sit up here and just cry, cry cry. I'm gonna give you opportunity to do what you've been handsomely paid to do your job.
Speaker 2: Then again, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: So you've become the most recognizable person in the state of Mississippi, and I don't even think it's closed, probably by a landslide. So with that, I'm assuming it. There's a lot on your plate that you probably necessarily didn't sign up for, so we just had.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say that no, everything that that's on my plate. I've been through the process at the youth level, at the high school level, or at some level. God has taken me through it in the dark. So when you hit the lights, I was ready. My graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop my drop, back drop drop