Speaker 1: Right before the cameras got there. That's when I realized that this affair was still going on.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: We'll get to my conversation with Melody Chie right after these quick ads.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 3: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: Hey, rain Drops.
Speaker 3: Today's guests on Reality with the King is my girl Melody Cherie from Love and Marriage Huntsville.
Speaker 2: As you all have been seeing on social.
Speaker 3: Media, a lot has been happening with Melody and her ex husband Martel, So we get in to a little bit of that in addition to how she found out that Martell was dating Charie Whitfield from the Real Housepots of Atlanta. But we also get into a very deep conversation about Melody being a force multiplier. How when I first met her, I knew she was a star honey, and what you all can expect from this season of Love and Marriage Huntsville. Without further ado, get in to my conversation with Melody Cherie. So today I have a very special guest. She is always booked and busy. She is one of the stars of our favorite show, Love and Marriage Huntsville. Is an R and B singer, She is an entrepreneur, she is a CEO. She is in the beauty business. She is one of my favorite people in the world. I've known her for so many years, and I am happy to report.
Speaker 2: She has not changed.
Speaker 3: She is still the same woman I met in the hotel lobby.
Speaker 2: Eight years ago, and she is.
Speaker 3: Winning in live and to my straight male listener, she's also seener. I'm talking about Melody be force multiplier. Melody Sureie, Hello Melody, let's talk about the first day we met. So back in the dayDay day, guys, I was living in Atlanta, and I am somebody who understands that there's so many great people in the world that you sometimes just don't walk up at the cafeteria or at the gas station and just meet them or even during a casting call. So long story short, I have this consulting side of the business to where people would come pay a fee and picture show IDEA long story short, this beautiful blonde woman with a short halle Berry cut and a Gucci dress emerged from the lobby at a hotel get your monath the gutter.
Speaker 2: Her husband was there too, and to have this meeting.
Speaker 3: And I've said this before and I'll say it again, it was love at first sight. I was like, this woman is a star and I need to get into business with her. I fell in love with you instantly, Melody. And whenever I meet people who want to be on reality television, I always give them the Melody effect. And what that means, my listeners, is Melody was herself. She was not trying to be anyone else but her, and that's what I fell in love with. And that's the reason why I left that hour long conversation in the lobby and said, I am going to be working with this woman.
Speaker 2: One day in a big capacity.
Speaker 3: But tell the listeners, Melody about that meeting from your perspective.
Speaker 1: Well, first, Carlos, I have to say thank you so much for those kind words. I really really appreciate it. Even though I've heard you say it multiple times. I just want you to know every time I hear it, Okay, I am very thankful and just so thankful for the friendship and relationship we've been able to build from all those years ago and then look where we are now. Right. But I remember, you know, meeting with you in the lobby. I'll be honest. At first, I was nervous because I never had a consultation with a producer before, so I didn't know what that was going to be like, right, But you were so I remember your smile. It was so big and bright, just like now, big and bright and just welcoming, you know what I mean. So I didn't feel shy, nervous, intimidated any of that. So when you talk about me being myself, you set the stage for me to, you know, feel comfortable talking to you and opening up and being myself and sharing you know, this idea that Martella and I had in terms of a reality show in Huntsville, Alabama. But I remember sitting with you, having a treatment prepared, sharing with you the idea and what we thought a show would be like coming from Huntsville. And I remember at the time you were like, let me ask you this, what you think about being on Real Housewives, right. I remember you asking that, and then my husband at the time was like, no, I don't want to do that. I don't want to lose my wife, right because at the time, everybody listen at the time, everybody is seen on how we're going through stuff for getting a divorce, and so I remember walking away from that meeting and feeling like just feeling good, you know, feeling like something is going to happen, something is going to come from this, and now here we have love and Mary chunstill on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Speaker 2: No, and the rest is history.
Speaker 3: And what I want my listeners to know, and I thank you too for that compliment, Melody, is the fact that it wasn't like you and I had this meeting and then the next day Love and Marriage Hunts Bell came out of it. So when Melan Martel met with me, they had this show I did called No Holds Barred, and I was like, Okay, I think it's a great idea. Let's keep in touch because at that time, guys, I was working on season six of the Real house Spots of Atlanta, So my mindset as a creative was that show. And I was like ooh, Melody and Nini and Phedra and Candy and Kenya.
Speaker 2: It could be very interesting.
Speaker 3: But something told me, no, Carlos, there's something bigger for her.
Speaker 2: So we kept in touch over the year.
Speaker 1: That's we did like three to four years.
Speaker 3: Melody wasn't these people that I encountered today where I have a meeting with them and they want to be on TV by Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, it doesn't work like that, guys, I promise it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't at all.
Speaker 3: And I will always give you the promise because you were patient, you were You're the opposite of thirsty.
Speaker 2: You weren't begging me. You would send me videos of you at Gala's and what you and Martell were doing with the homes, and we just kept in touch.
Speaker 3: And when I thought the time was right, so I left the Real Housewolves of Atlanta and I said, you know what, I really want to figure out something with Melody and Martel because I said, this woman, Melody Chari is a star and I want to put her on a big platform. And courtesy of just having these conversations over the years, when I called you and.
Speaker 2: Said, girl, I'm ready, what were you thinking.
Speaker 3: Did you think like Carlos child By, or did you think like, Okay, this may be it.
Speaker 1: You know what, I did not feel like Carlos By. I remember when you said, oh my gosh, I want to work with you guys, I'm going to send you a contract. I want to get you a show. I remember that phone call, you know. And for me, I think because if you've been someone who'd been none responsive when you know in the text thing, I might have felt like, oh whatever, he full of it. But you always responded, you know what I mean. You always responded when I communicated things with you, share with you how hunts fell as a city was growing and moving up. You were always responsive. So because of that, that built a certain level of kind of trust, a great level of communication. So then when you communicated to me, Hey, I'm going to work with you, I felt like that was real, you know, and so I was like, oh, oh, shoot, you know what I'm saying. Even after that, there was still a process, not very long, but a few months where it was still a process of shopping and all of that. So I will tell anyone who's interested in getting into television, particularly reality TV, you have to just trust God's timing, and you have to know that whenever it's time for whatever your creative idea is to happen, it's going to happen. And things don't happen overnight. Like Carlo said, you have to be patient. That still does mean being consistent and persistent, but also being patient. So I didn't just meet with him, sit back for years and not reach out to him at all and just feel like, oh, well, you know when it's meant to be at a ball in my lap. No. I stayed in contact with him, sending him pictures and information and putting in my part that I could. As a word, we even created a silver Real, Carlos. I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 2: I do you know?
Speaker 1: We even paid videographers and created a silver Real. So we still were working as we were still patiently waiting to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Oh one hundred percent. And the thing about this podcast is, yes, we spilled the tea and get tea and all that stuff, but this podcast is really an inspiration not just for fans of reality TV, but also people who just want to excel in life. And one thing I know about this generation that we're in a lot of them not all, so don't read me on Twitter. But a lot of people nowadays, Melody, they want it now and they want it fast. And you were patient because you and I both knew that God's timing overhauls everything. I had to leave the real house spots of Atlanta, and I tell people this all the time. There would be no Love and Marriage Huntsville for two reasons. A obviously if I never met Melody Martel, but also B I had to leave that big show that took so much of my time. I had to move to Atlanta to produce that show. When I left the show, moved to LA focused on my production company, Kingdomain Entertainment. The first idea I had was working with Melody of Martel. But before we get into the success of Love and Match hunts Bill, I need for my listeners to know this.
Speaker 2: As a little girl growing up in.
Speaker 3: The South, did you always know that you were a star? Because baby, I can spot a star in three seconds, and with you, it took point zero zero zero zero zero zero. I did the moment you said hey, I said, oh Lord Jesus, we have a forced multiplier here. But let me know, did you always know you were destined to be a star.
Speaker 1: You know what, absolutely I did. I You know, growing up, I was always performing, singing, playing the piano, pageantry, talent shows. You know, even though I come from a very small town, one with light Brunda Jaut. Unfortunately, I grew up in a community and with a family that was encouraging, that showed me so much love. So before I became an adult, I heard many people saying, Oh, you're going to be places, you are going to do great things. A matter of fact, what's so funny. I played community baseball for like a year or two, right, and I remember my coaches gave me a name, Hollywood. That was the name they gave me, Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I love hearing that.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because what your name as a kid or a teenager or young adult kind of shapes your destiny. And you've been called Hollywood, it is evident that you were destined for Hollywood, Honey.
Speaker 2: And that's nothing to cast me out.
Speaker 3: Yes, when when Love and Mage Huntsville first debuted, did you know that it would one day be the number one unscripted show on Oprah's network.
Speaker 1: Not at all. I did not. I had no idea because a lot of times it takes viewers a while to get into a new show, right. I feel like Carlos with Love and Marriage Huntsville. It came out the gate just like boom, you know what I mean. So I wasn't expecting, especially that quickly, for us to be a number one show, you know. But I think that what the viewers loved was they loved the transparency and the authenticity and seeing real life happening on the screens and on the television that's not scripted. You know, we can watch movies all day and those are roles, right, and we may relate to them. But whenever you're seeing reality TV, real people, their real lives, and you're like, wait a minute, I've been through that, or hey, I know somebody who's going through that right now. Wait my supposter going through this, and now let me watch this show, you know what I'm saying. And so it just it went through like a wildfire, I think, and viewers, once they got into it, they couldn't stop.
Speaker 3: No. It is so true because I produced and created shows before Love and Marriag hunts and like you said, sometimes it takes a minute for a show to hit. Sometimes child a show doesn't hit at all and it's canceled the first season. I'm not exempted that I've had a show I created, it was canceled the first season.
Speaker 2: Things happened. I don't believe in failures. I believe in God saying I'm repositioning your destiny. Girlfriend.
Speaker 3: When Love and Marriage Huntsville first debut, it felt like every week there was a different audience that was watching it, and the conversations of the show got bigger, and then it became a talk of the town word of mouth. And then obviously everybody was so invested in your marriage at the time with Martel, because in reality television, you have never seen a couple talk honestly about the turmoil.
Speaker 2: They were going through.
Speaker 3: Did you know going into shooting that first season that at the end of the day, I signed up for this and I'm going to put all on the table because that's what i signed up for.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, So going in I knew straight out the gate, if I'm going to do reality TV, I'm going to be real, and so that was my mindset out the gate. Now, I will tell you there was still an interesting twist for me because before we started filming season one, I thought my marriage was in a good place right before the cameras got there. That's when I realized that this affair was still going on. So that is why coming got the gate. Viewers got that real raw emotion from me. They saw me crying, they saw me upset, they thought me throwing, saw me throwing clothes across the room. They saw all of that because it was real. And I think that the audience can feel and can tell when something is authentic. And I can also tell when you put it on for the camera and looking for moments right.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that later.
Speaker 4: I'm serious.
Speaker 3: Because Melody brings that up on the new season of Love and Marriage Huntsville that debuts September tenth, ninety eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Continue.
Speaker 1: Now, people can tell and they can feel that. And I think a lot of times people are taught you hold stuff in, and this is what leads to traumatized adults. Even as children, you're told to hold things in. Don't speak on this, don't speak on that. What happens in behind my door stays behind my door. What happened in the household stays in the household. But being able to express myself and release those emotions was therapeutic for me in a sense right and eventually helped lead me to get to a place of my healing because I have an outlet, you know what I mean. So reality TV becomes is good for many different reasons. People are forced to have conversations that they may normally wouldn't have, discuss certain things that they may normally would push out for a year or two. So it is a good thing for sure.
Speaker 3: If there was no love in marriage hunts, Bill, do you think you and Martell would still be married?
Speaker 1: Us being divorce honestly has nothing to do with the love and marriage hunts. But I'll be quite frank with you. There were more people dming me, rooting for me to make my marriage work.
Speaker 2: There were more.
Speaker 1: People wanting me to stay like y'all have these beautiful children. There were more people for the marriage than against the marriage. They loved seeing this beautiful black young power couple. They loved seeing that, they loved seeing us with our kids and as a family unit. So more people didn't want me to leave than the ones that didn't want me to leave. So me leaving was solely me and God choice. It had nothing to do if I went with what more of the fans thought I would still be married.
Speaker 2: Truth be told, No, it's crazy and we need to talk about that.
Speaker 3: I have never been a part of a show where people were advocating for a marriage to stay when it was evident that this other person in this case, Martel, was still having the affair, got another woman pregnant. You would think that the world would say bitch, lee by close the door, like girls sell off.
Speaker 2: I remember being a target. Oh my god on the airplane.
Speaker 3: I've been stopped walking down the street by black women and men who have said to me, please tell Melody to take my tail back. And I was so shocked because I was like, oh, I thought it would be obvious of why she decided to leave in and listen.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be very honest Melody.
Speaker 3: A lot of people in the black community have said, well, he's a good father. Well, you know, at the end of the day, you know he didn't mean it, and she should give him another chance. And one thing that I'm gonna be very honest because I don't lie. Melody can tell you. I even have had moments with Melody and say.
Speaker 2: Girl, take him back. I met Shaw together and she said Carlos, if y'all get my phone so I understand it.
Speaker 3: Do you think a lot of it is because in the black community, especially when you're in the South, and I'm not going to talk about the things I've witnessed in my earlier years growing up in Detroit, a lot of women have stayed when their man has cheated or is still cheating, because a lot of women feel in our community, at the end of the day, it's better to know the devil you're in bed with versus a new devil. And what that means to my listeners is a lot of women stay in marriages where they know their man is cheating because they feel like, why would I leave him to risk dating or marrying another man who's going to do the same thing to me? Was that part of your process in deciding whether or not you wanted to leave him?
Speaker 1: Well, what I would say is, when you talk about taking a risk, right, I would say, instead of doing that, maybe I would want to bet on myself on finding someone or someone finding me who does treat me the way they should treat me and who doesn't do all the cheating and all the bullcrap. Right at the end of the day, it is still a chance and a risk so to speak, that you're taking. So sometimes you just got to be willing to bet on yourself. And guess what, for me in my situation, I got to a place where, you know, you know my song tell Tale Signs, I said, I don't rather be alone because you've got issues. That's what I meant. I'd rather be alone than settle see that one sit well with me going to sleep every night knowing that this joker is out here doing this, that, and the other. Because it goes back to your self worth and what you think about yourself. I think that's something that we have to work on also in the Black community, self love, self respect, What do you think your worth? What do you think you're worth? Is that all you think of yourself? And so I literally after leaving the marriage, worked on, hey, let me make sure that I love me to a point where I never sit in a situation like this again when I probably should have been left. You know what I'm saying. And so that goes back to learning yourself, spending time with yourself, facing any abandonment issues that you may have, which a lot of times people are suffering from abandonment issues. Where they've grown up. Women have grown up with their father maybe not being present in their life, so they're afraid of being alone. They're afraid of being without a man in their life, so they settle for any and everything. When it comes to that, it's different timing for everyone. May God bless people on their journey who are in situations like that. I get DMS all the time from women who are like, you have inspired me, You've given me strength. I'm about to leave my thirteen year marriage. I'm about to leave this twenty year marriage. And so I never thought or imagined that me publicly going through humilion, going through depression, divorce, that it would lead to just encouraging and inspiring so many women eventually to choose self. So that's when it becomes for me what I call purpose work, because it's bigger than me, and it's bigger than just being on a TV show. And I think that's why I have so many supporters and why I have been able to connect to so many people.
Speaker 3: You connect with people through the television screen because you're so authentic and you're so honest.
Speaker 2: And one thing I want to share with people is this show is not fake.
Speaker 3: And when you see Melody on the screen and she's strong, but you guys don't know that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to share and mal has no idea talk about this, Oh lod I'm going to some exclusest Honey on the podcast. I love it when Melody.
Speaker 3: Told Martell to keep his penis in The Household season one, that epic scene, that moment where people are like, this chick, Melody is the one to well, you guys don't know is I was there on set and Melody Melody left the doc. We were on a boat because Kimmy and Marie just got married, and they went to the top of the deck. She comes down, she rushes to me, and she breaks down in my arms. And I'm bringing this up to say, I can tell you guys that this woman's strength is so admired because it takes a strong woman to give all of that in front of the world.
Speaker 2: And to have these conversations.
Speaker 3: And I wanted to share that because I think a lot of people think, oh, mel thinks she's there, She's that, y'all have no idea. There's tons of conversations Melody and I have had in person.
Speaker 2: Over the phone. She's cried, I cried she's hugged.
Speaker 3: I hugged, and you're You're such this powerhouse that I think a lot of people think you're like, oh whatever, she's heartless, she's a tough cookie.
Speaker 2: But I really want people to know that what you have.
Speaker 3: Gone through on this show obviously is a huge part of the success of Huntsville.
Speaker 1: You gonna make me cry right now.
Speaker 2: I don't cry.
Speaker 1: No, well no, because you're bringing.
Speaker 4: Back you know.
Speaker 1: I just I don't even know if you remember this too, but you came to Huntsville to one of my mamosas with Melody events. To remember that.
Speaker 2: I know, I was about to say y'ah, And that.
Speaker 1: Was another moment when I literally broke down and I was charged because it was my event and part of again purpose work, you know, to go out and encourage all these women who traveled from all over the country to come to my event. You know, I don't know if you remember, but I made a decision that Martel wasn't invited. He could not be present. I had just found out maybe the day or a couple of days before, this joker was still cheating. When I thought we were good yet again, when I I thought we were good and I was heartbroken, and I was like, how do I go and encourage these women who are here? And I'm literally battling my own emotional breakdown right now, you know what I'm saying. And even in that moment, you were there. I remember you hugging me. I remember crying on your shoulder then too, and my whole team being there, them surrounding me, and we still went out there and we kept that they are the mostas with Melody, though we sure did. We sure did.
Speaker 3: No, you sure did, because you have to get in front of a crowd of women. And I'm not exaggerating when I say this. A woman said to you in front of a large audience. She said, Melody, you give us hope, and you're like the Harriet Tubman for women. You are the Angelo of women. And I was like, and again, this is still season one. People saw you in the first eight episodes. Deal with that, and as we were shooting this new season, the fact that you were able to impact these women, and that's when I knew, like, this woman is going to go place this and you have gone places so much so there's a place right now in your career where people are now putting your name in conversations of some of the greats in reality television, like Anini Leegs, a Tammy Realman, a Tiffany Pollard. How does it feel to know that people are really giving your props in terms of like you are on your way of becoming one of the greatest reality stars of all time?
Speaker 2: Do you receive that, you know what, I'm just.
Speaker 1: So thankful, you know, when you mentioned, like you said, those names of the greats, and the fact that my name is even brought up in conversation, I'll be honest, the fact that there are people who call me mail Yancey. Right, I'm a huge VUPSE fan and people literally call me mail Yancey. Those things and conversations sometimes feel surreal because it's like, wow, I still don't feel like, oh, I've made it. I probably will never feel like that, because that's just not how my mind works and things. But I am thankful and just you know, humble to be in those kind of conversations because there are so many women before me who have done amazing things, who have put reality TV, for example, out there, Tammy Roman and her you know, being very again transparent and authentic. You know, when she first came out with reality TV, and like you said, many leads, and you know, there are so many amazing, amazing women and we all one thing we all have in common is that we've all gone through things. We've all struggled with something, and we've all had to pull from deep within and pull that inner strength from our ancestors, from our creator and continue to push forward as women. And so I think it's beautiful. I'm just thankful.
Speaker 3: And these women that you mentioned, a lot of them follow you on Instagram.
Speaker 2: They love you.
Speaker 3: How does it feel to know that you got the blessings of these women? And I'm pretty sure you watched on TV before you started Huntsville Portia.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because when I see people coming, I'm like you probability too.
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, thankful, you know, Morris Kill Harper, like you said me me, Porsia. These are all people that I'm communicating with regularly via the phone. So in real life, you know, I just feel blessed. And what I do, Carlos, is in every one of those situations, I just continue to be me, you know, continue to be true to who I am. A lot of times people don't get to see the silly side of male, like to have fun side of mail because of you know, the reality series. But people who get to talk to me away from the camera, I'll be having them cracking up, like that's what I do, you know. So you know, I love to see people laugh. I love to see people in happy spaces. And so for me, anyway that my energy and my light that God has given me can pour that into others, that's how I move and that's what I do. So you know, I just I go into all those situations being male.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I say all the time when I post inspirational things on my story. You know, separation brings about elevation and seeing myself now getting to meet people who inspire me, people who you know I've watched as a little girl myself, and you know, now I'm being able to be in the rooms with them and have conversations and shake hands with these people. You know, it's an amazing feeling and it's an amazing moment. I don't take it for granted. I'm thankful to God every single day and my goal and desire is to represent Kingdom and you know, to continue to be the light that I was sitting here to.
Speaker 3: Be and it is shining. It's crazy. I feel like you're just getting started.
Speaker 2: Amen, who child, These.
Speaker 3: Are just getting spicy. But stay tuned for more of my conversation with Melody. Will be right back after this quick break. This is Reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into my chat with Melody. How do you feel, Melody? We're now four seasons and how do you feel when people say, oh, Melody, you change, You walk around like you're the star.
Speaker 2: Of the show. You are a mean girl now, blah blah blah. How does it feel to know that's what people say sometimes about you?
Speaker 1: Well, what I will say is is in for anyone and four years you haven't changed, then you need to evaluate yourself and four years you should have grown, You should have improved, You should have gotten to a place to where maybe you don't accept the same things you accepted four years ago, Maybe where you don't engage in conversations that you used to engauge in engaging four years ago. Maybe you don't you know, hang even sometimes with the same people that you hung with four years ago, Like this isn't anything uncoming we see it time and time again, where people grow evolved and if everyone everyone's not we said all the time, everybody's not meant to go with you on your journey. Your journey is your journey. And so for me, it's not that Ooh, I think I'm better than everybody, or ooh I'm looking down on anyone. I'm focused on my purpose and I'm focused on my journey. I'm focused on my healing. I have four beautiful babies that I'm responsible for. I literally did just go through a the divorce, and you guys have seen firsthand what that has been like. So me choosing to not want to engage in certain things or certain types of foolishness, for me, it's just what it is. If you don't like it, you don't like it, call me whatever you want to call me. That's okay too. It ain't stopping no coins in my pocket, so you know that's okay. I feel like I have a close enough relationship with God to where if I was moving in a way that was not pleasing to him, he would let me know. Because I'm a dreamer, Carlos and I have been since I was a kid. I've had times in the past few months where God has told me you need to do X, Y, and Z, and I've reached out to whoever that may have been, and I've said the apology that I may have need to say, to have need to say for whatever part I played in whatever right. So I have a decent spiritual relationship. You know what I'm saying in tune with myself that if there was something God didn't like, he let me know first before he told you, he'd tell me first.
Speaker 3: I thought that's right. Though I feel the same way. I'm like, y'all can stay what y'all want about me.
Speaker 2: I'm here to.
Speaker 3: Please God, not please man or woman. Yeah, care less about what y'all think about me. I know who I am and I know whose I am. And speaking of which, where were you when you found out that Martell was dating Charie?
Speaker 1: I don't remember where I was. It came across my timeline, like I don't, I don't, I promise I don't remember. I guess it wasn't that important, Like it's no staple in my mind. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, were you surprised at the pairing? Like the world was To be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I didn't even put much thought into it. I just said, oh, and I kept scrolling, like seriously, I was like, oh, kept scrolling. I didn't put much thought into it. Here's what I think. I think sometimes people forget that, first of all, me and Martel haven't been together since twenty twenty April of twenty twenty, and I think that people forget that I've already seen him dating people.
Speaker 4: So you have.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that Melody Holy he had a whole relationship in the marriage.
Speaker 4: Oh well, we knew about that outside of her, yeah, side of her even Yeah, I've seen so I this wasn't the first time I've seen him with a woman that's not me.
Speaker 1: So it didn't move me. It didn't ruffle any well, first of all, went anyway. I divorced him, But it didn't do anything to me. It didn't stir any emotions. It didn't make me feel any kind of way. It was literally a scroll, and I kept, you know, scrolling like I had people reach out to me girl and just see and I was just like, Okay, y'all, I don't care. You know, God bless you on your journey, Like that's how I am. God bless you on your journey.
Speaker 2: I could care less no, And that's one thing I know about you.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because one thing about you and I we're very close and we talk often, we text often, we email often, and.
Speaker 2: We zoom often.
Speaker 3: And what's funny is the world assumed that I set up Charaene Martell because obviously I did Housewives, I'm coolish, I'm Cooper Martell obviously, and a lot of people thought like, Okay, Carlos set this up.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people also say, like Sea Melody, don't trust Carlos.
Speaker 3: And what was so funny is you and I get a kick out of people's assumptions when it comes to our friendship and our relationship. And we'll get to that in a second too. But did you think like the world thought like, is this that Carlos King mash up?
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm so sorry, but I didn't think that because I ain't think nothing about it, Like it didn't even go through my mind to be on someding Carlos said this stuff like it was. I didn't think anything about it. I did not. I just did not, like not even to think who put it together or who did I didn't think nothing about it. I did it, I think because I'm so far removed for me. For me, it's been more so focusing on ensuring that my personal identity and my brand is no longer attached as much as possible attached to martl. That that's all I be focused on. You know what I'm saying, And I don't think nothing about it.
Speaker 2: That's interesting now I never looked at it that way.
Speaker 3: You're so focused on identifying Melody Cherie, which is why you drop Holtes.
Speaker 2: Now I get the reason for the last name drop because you want to.
Speaker 3: As much as you can disassociate yourself from that part of your life and to reintroduce yourself to the world as this woman.
Speaker 2: Like you guys met me Mary. You met me as this married woman who was going through this.
Speaker 3: And now that I have divorced this situation, not only did I divorce Martel, you divorce any attachment with that outside of the beautiful kids you guys have together, obviously, but your focus is on let me show the world who this new woman is perfect.
Speaker 2: That is outside of him.
Speaker 3: And that's how I feel when people try to say things like, oh, Carlos, you're messy, You talk about these Housewives because you're bitter, which is stupid to me, but for me, I get what you mean now about having to be at a place to where you leave a situation like when I left Housewives. I'm gonna be honest, it was hard for me to watch the show after that because I was trying hard to disassociate myself from the show, because when I left, I wanted to just focus on my new venture of the company and love and Match Huntsville. And now that it's been five years since I left, I now want to talk about the show, and I.
Speaker 2: Use this podcast to do it.
Speaker 3: But it's because I allow those five years for me to disassociate myself from that show. So now when people think of Carlos King, they think of loving marriage, and you want people when.
Speaker 2: They think of Melody should read to think of Melody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, you got it. I mean, you perfectly said, you know. And so that's the process of where I am, what I'm going through. So of course every now and then I still have questions come up, but a lot of times my answers are I have no convent, I have no thoughts because I don't even think about that, you know, perfectly.
Speaker 2: Said no, I know because no, it just hit me.
Speaker 3: So I got one more shady question though, do you think do you think it's a real relationship or PR stunt?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is that what they're saying. I don't know.
Speaker 3: The girls are saying it's a pr stunt girl, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: God bless everybody on their journey, Honey, that's a Southern woman for you.
Speaker 1: Got God bless everybody on their journey.
Speaker 2: So when it comes for your journey, are you dating anybody? Melody?
Speaker 4: I am not.
Speaker 1: I can honestly say that I'm not dating anyone. I have dated since you know, after I left Martella, I dated, but I'm not currently dating anyone. I haven't dated anyone in a while, actually, and I like it kind of this way. It's nice.
Speaker 2: Really, you don't miss the US.
Speaker 1: I hop up, I hop up and go where I want to go, when I want to go, how I want to go. I ain't got to ask no questions.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I just got back from Cancne. I hear Atlanta to day. I'm leaving for La in the morning. I ain't got to ask nobody if they think I should go, and they want to go, can I get promyan No, da da da, I do what I wanted to go where I want to go. Baby, this is living, honey, you got I mean, Carlos. You gotta keep in mind I got married at twenty two, twenty two, business teaching children, all of that for years. So now I'm single, and I'm enjoying being able to move how I want to move, like you know, and rediscovering me and traveling and all of vega stuff. Now, don't get me wrong, I have of course worked on myself to do the healing and self work I need to do should I decide to be in a relationship, but it's just not something that I'm just so antsy about, you know, and just like, ooh God, when you gonna see me somebody? Yeah, when you gonna see me somebody?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: And I believe you and I know you so well to know that that is the truth, because you have been, like you said, married since twenty two, and I think, looking back at it, that's a young age, yeah, to be married. Because I always tell women and don't laugh my say this melody, I feel like a woman in her twenties, she should be a whole.
Speaker 2: I feel like every woman should have a whole phase and men too, men too. I'm not going to exempt the men. I feel like in the twenties you have to be a whole. And by a whole, I.
Speaker 3: Mean explored, experiment, experience, date, use protection of course, cause we got monkey pops and laryngietis and Lethard whatever child. We have a lot of things happening in the sposter water. So AnyWho, I feel like, well, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to be a hole. I ain't never been a hole, and I don't want to be a home. Now, that didn't what I'm saying. No, I say I'm enjoying, traveling and enjoying life. But I ain't say nobody to be in the hole. No, no, I said, let me tell you. Let me tell you my favorite phrase. Hang out don't mean hook up. See people seeing you're hanging out with somebody, they think y'all hooking up.
Speaker 2: No nothing. Now, I just feel like not to be a hole. But I feel like saying that fact. I think I think people will get it. But I say it that way. When I say a hole, I mean hope for lee you're able.
Speaker 1: To trying to clean it up that the Lord.
Speaker 2: The Lord is working on me.
Speaker 3: When I say be a hole in your twenties, I mean hope believe you're able to just experience life before you settle down with just one person.
Speaker 1: Okay, you clean that up really well. I like that. You know what I will say is looking back at it now. First of all, I'm very thankful that I did get married at a young age, because I do feel like it costs me to avoid certain things that a lot of young twenty year olds go through and experience established very quickly, you know, two parent household with my kids, you know what I'm saying. So I am thankful for the experience that I had. But I will also say, when I look at I guess how quickly I got married because we've been dating for nine months and then he proposed and we got married like seven months later. Love bombing gets real, right, And when you're young, that looks cute, So to the young girls who watch your podcast, when you're young, that is cute. When someone is I'm not gonna say, smothering you, but always wanting to be up under you and trying to get all your time trying to get all your teachers called love is really what it is. It seems like, ooh they really into me, Oh they really care about me. But sometimes a person is love bombing you because they want to be able to control you and have you to themselves, not because they're necessarily the right person for you, but they see the light in you and they see who you are right, So you have to be careful. You have to be careful. It's best to take things at a slow pace, to grow into certain things, build friendship, and don't just you know, at twenty one, I was twenty one, don't be love bombed and then be married at twenty two.
Speaker 2: I couldnot agree more.
Speaker 3: So, are you twenty something, your old that's listening, or even your early thirties. Your twenty should be to experiment with life, your career and all those things. And to me, your thirties should be used to set things in place, find the husband or the wife, find the career in.
Speaker 2: Which you want to go to, so that when you're my age. I want to tell you all that much, but with your mind you know exactly.
Speaker 3: Thank you because I looked as good as black do on crack, so you're able to enjoy life, and that's been the biggest thing for me, and I can see that shining through with you. So before I let you go, we got to get into this new season that's coming on September tenth, eight o'clock on the Oprah Winpen Network Love and Match Hunts Bill. Without giving so much away, what can you say to us about this upcoming season?
Speaker 1: Well, I will say first, the most interesting piece I think is that the first part of the season due to me, you already know, refusing to film with my ex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was me, and I will call her and she would say Carlos, and I would say never.
Speaker 1: Mind, yep, So refusing to film with my ex. This second half, you guys will see us on camera together, So I know that's going to be a big thing, you know, just people seeing how we're gonna interact, what the dynamic is going to be like. Of course, seeing us come together in regards to protecting our kids from people who are old enough to be bullying them and stuff like that. So you guys are going to see that happen. And I think just more of the evolution, whether good or bad, friendships and marriages and even you know, businesses, what's going on and what's happening. I think you're going to see more business as well, business side side of things this second half, more so than you did the first half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you'll see more of the business side.
Speaker 3: Melody has a Skinker line that's doing very well. But like she said, you also get to see just what co parenting looks like. And one thing that I've learned working with Niini Leeks when she divorced Greg, May he rest in peace. One thing she said to me during season four was I need a break, Carlos, just just allow me to be at home and to be still.
Speaker 2: You know, I love this show.
Speaker 3: I would give you whatever you want. But when I say to you, I don't want to do this, just respect my wishes. And that's what you said to us. You said, Carlos, you know I love this show.
Speaker 2: YEP, I just can't do it right now. I can't fill with my ex right now. I just can't. I may wake up one day and say let's do it. As of right now, I cannot do it.
Speaker 3: And I'm happy to say we all of course supported you, and yeah, yeah, and the fact that you said I'm not gonna give too much away but it's very interesting what brings Melody and Martel together. We get to see something happen with Miss Wanda at this event, which, by the way, outside the episode and it is I mean, Melody was dressed as mister t and she was ready to rumble.
Speaker 2: But but outside of that, you still get some business. So let's be clear, y'all love the dripa eight away. I don't care how much y'all say, y'all don't y'all do. But anyways, it's a much balanced season.
Speaker 1: And but you know what, Carlos, can I say something back to it being real? Back to it being real? That was still very real for me, Meaning had cameras been present or not, had I had seen her at Target or Walmart, it would have been the same thing for me. It was just the reality of it, you know what I'm saying, Like it wouldn't. It didn't matter at that point where anything went down or what cameras were present. It was just what it was gonna be. So that's back again real. It was real.
Speaker 2: Oh it's real, and it gets real up in here.
Speaker 3: But the only thing I will say is the moment you think you figured out out, you haven't And this season. I will say this, this season has more twists and turns than every other season.
Speaker 2: Like the moment you think like okay, we're.
Speaker 3: Good, something happens and you're like, wow, we ain't good and then you're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wait. So it's it's a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: That we will be addressing at the reunion. So Melody, where can people find you? Follow you, support you and all those things?
Speaker 2: My love?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, so follow me Melody s hope, don't worry. My brand team is working on getting my user name change anyway, But melodys hopt Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and please, you know, support. My biggest thing that I'm running right now is my Seventh Avenue skincare line, which is super important to me. I actually, Carlos grew up on Seventh Avenue, and you know that is where I learned the orders of hygiene, taking care of myself, taking care of my body and my skin, and I suffer from a skin condition where my great grandmother, I actually posted a picture form my story today, she actually had given me something to help with that, so I got that incorporated in my skincare line. Working with a black female chemist, She's been a chemist for over eighteen years. Listen, I let me tell you what. It warms my heart when I place orders with her and she sends me an invoice. You know what I'm saying, Because it's that exchange, It's that black dollar. You know what I'm saying, Black creative. I'm supporting you, you supporting me. That is what it's all about, you know. So seventh Avenue skin care is dear to my heart, so make sure you guys check it out as well. But yes, follow me, Melody as hope. I love giving inspirational things as they come to my spirit and let me say something. It's not always about me or what I'm going through at the time. Sometimes God just drops things in my spirit. When he does, I share him. I don't know who is for. I don't know nothing. If it hits you, it he's you. If it don't it don't pass a collection plate, Tappy, then okay. But just you know, if you're wanting some positivity encouragement, then come and follow me. Yes.
Speaker 2: So thank you, Melody so much for hopping on Reality for the King.
Speaker 3: You were one of our most requested reality starts to join.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, well, thank you, my love. I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you too. A shout out to the melimeters, Honey, we can't forget them.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the yes and melimeters. Can y'all leave me alone? Now? Me and Melody are good. We do not have beep. Melody is such a super special.
Speaker 3: Human being, and I hope this conversation between her and I allowed you guys to really understand the woman behind love and marriage, hunts, Bill and all of the amazing stuff she has going on. She's so deep and so humble that I feel like people have this misconception that.
Speaker 2: She's like this diva.
Speaker 3: And I gotta tell you, guys, Melody has never once yelled at your boy.
Speaker 2: We never once got into an argument.
Speaker 3: Even when she disagrees with my opinions on things, she always does it with class and grace.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to her.
Speaker 3: Position on this show, I know that the stars are always going to aligne from Melody because she's such a good woman with such a good spirit. And I guarantee all of you you're going to see much more of Melody Charie throughout the years. Nine o'clock a Central on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Speaker 2: Here's a clip for.
Speaker 1: You guys, going, Oh, we just declaring a true sport today.
Speaker 2: Are you about a propose?
Speaker 1: It seems like they're hiding something shady.
Speaker 3: Vote they'll collect it.
Speaker 1: New episode Friday at nine eighth cent.
Speaker 3: Thoughts opinions, Email me at Reality with the King at stitcher dot com or leave me a voicemail at three one oh five ninety three eight one eight eight.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 3: New episodes drop every Wednesday and Friday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Realitywitheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram and Twitter. Reality with the King is a production of More Sauce by Stitcher. It is executive produced by Me, Carlos King, and Jasmine Heinley Brown. We are also produced by Lashik Lotus Lee and La Porsha Thomas. Additional production support by Corin Wallace, engineering and music by Marcus ham
Speaker 1: Us