Speaker 1: Sunday Scaries are specially formulated CBD gummies with vitamins D three and B twelve that are super consumable and easy to take on the go. Especially formulated CBD products with vitamins can help out in all sorts of ways. Whether you're just chilling out on a Sunday afternoon watching TV or relaxing with friends, or maybe you need to keep your composure and concentrate on something that really does matter to you. Either way, Sunday Scaries can be good for you. Sunday Scaries has become a leading CBD brand for millennials. Last year's Sunday Scari CBD gummies and CBD oil one top accolades from Forbes Men's Health are Lure and Best Products. Sunday Scaries recently launched Cabin Scaries to promote social distancing and responsible isolation. A portion of sales will be donated to b EAP that's the Bartender Emergency Assistance Program to help displaced hospitality workers. Get twenty five percent off your first order with the code no dunks at Sunday scar dot com. That's twenty five percent off your first order at Sundayscaries dot com and enter code no dunks. Were it asks for a coupon on the checkout page, find out what product might be best for you.
Speaker 2: So go to.
Speaker 1: Sundayscaries dot com and use code no dunks. Lea us here and pop and open an old pack of basketball cards, as I do every week on Instagram Live, and today on Canada Day, I have a special Canadian guest. It's Cabby. That's right, my man Cabby from the Score Days. He's a big basketball fan and an even bigger personality. So I hope you enjoy this episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, invite said Cabby.
Speaker 1: Invite has been sent Connecting, connecting, connecting, connecting, connect.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start all that out again.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do that. Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in Calgary, you were saying, uh, and how long? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm here for a few weeks. I have to quarant because I flew in from Las Vegas. I have to quarantine for fourteen days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm enjoying my.
Speaker 4: Quarantine while I'm here in Canada, and then I'll be able to go Rome free for.
Speaker 3: A few weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh man, I'm so envious of someone being able to leave their own their own Vicinity their own area code. I think, you know, we're gonna be stuck here for a long time, so.
Speaker 3: You know the uh.
Speaker 4: I think I just saw something about like Houston running out of hospital beds right now. It's uh, coronavirus is running wild out.
Speaker 3: There in no streets.
Speaker 2: It sure is, man, it sure is actually all streets.
Speaker 3: We want to talk about both streets in all streets.
Speaker 2: Anyway, talking about running wild?
Speaker 1: Hell was it last year when the reptor Is finally broke through and won that championship?
Speaker 4: It was incredible, Lee I was. I was in the parade. I was on bus number four. There were five buses.
Speaker 3: I was on a bus with Pascal.
Speaker 4: Siakom ogn Andobi and Patrick McCaw and it was one of those double buses. And there were two point five million Canadians in the streets. There was a beautiful mosaic of faces and ages. It was really like all of it felt like all of Canada had descended into the downtown core. And on this five kilometer trek from the Biosteal perform or the Ovio Performance Center to Nathan Phillip Square, which is City Hall, it.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to be a two and a half hours.
Speaker 4: It took over five hours to complete this.
Speaker 3: Short course and it was like, you've never seen the streets so crazy, man, Yeah, unbelievable man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean like that's the thing because they celebrated obviously the crazy Kawhi Shotover of Philadelphia, and I think a lot of people thought that was maybe the championship for the year. Then the crazy comeback against Milwaukee, so everyone was celebrating that. So by the time they celebrated the championship, everyone had had a lot of practice out, you know, just going crazy in the streets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know that was They won on a Thursday, I think it was June thirteenth, I believe, And yeah, the images from downtown Toronto were just wild, like every you know.
Speaker 3: And I'm you know, it was.
Speaker 4: It was the biggest championship that maybe our country. Well you know what twenty ten yea when the Canadian men's hockey team won gold in Vancouver, that was a bigger celebration because there's the whole country.
Speaker 3: But this one felt yeah, it felt equal.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it probably wasn't the same as far as like numbers go, but it was it was still like magical.
Speaker 2: Did you get a championship ring.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 4: But normally Hottle porta an entire bottle of champagne over my head. So that was like my that was that was my way of Cellar his way of celebrating with me.
Speaker 3: I did not get a ring, though.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm not Drake, I'm not nov Batya.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Listen, You're not far below. Now I'm putting you.
Speaker 1: I'm putting like now there, and then I'm putting you right next to him.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you. But those two, those two cats are legends.
Speaker 3: And I think they they they made a list, they did an audit of the VIPs. Yeah, didn't make the list.
Speaker 4: But listen, if the Raptors repeat and they somehow pull off another magical feat in the Magical Disney Kingdom, then I'm going to demand ring this time. Even though i have zero affiliation with the team. I'm just a dude from Toronto that's been interviewing and bugging their players for over a decade.
Speaker 3: I'm still going to put in my request.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you joined me today so I can bug you because I got a I've got a little game.
Speaker 2: We play. I pop open a pack of old basketball.
Speaker 1: Cards from the early nineties. Okay, so I've had a couple of Canadian legends on. I've had skeets, of course, you know, I've had Ariel Hawani. He did an incrediblemazing we actually Muriel killed it.
Speaker 4: Oh he go due was like, I think he had like a nine ninety five percent clip correct, And I'm like two pacts. Listen, if I even get to if I get to fifty percent, that's a win for the fifty one percent.
Speaker 3: Because when I was in Universe, it was dper degree.
Speaker 2: So I get fifty all right to celebrate?
Speaker 1: Well where the ninety three ninety four fleer? Okay, so you should have been. You should have been, you know, like a big basketball fan. Then just before the raptors started, I think you'd be gonna go all right on these.
Speaker 4: Ninety three ninety four Okay. So this is this is Houston versus the Knicks. In Game seven, John Starts goes three for twenty two or three for eighteen, one of those two. This is the same day of the O. J. Chase and New York Rangers won the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, something like that. Well, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: First the first card I have here.
Speaker 1: You should get this because he hit the biggest shot of the ninety three finals that gave the Bulls the championship, the three peat.
Speaker 3: Oh John paxsonre you go, there you go. It's not okay, okay John.
Speaker 4: It was interesting seeing him in the last dance because he's bald and like you just and I haven't seen John Paxson since then, so I was like, oh, that's what John Jackson looks like.
Speaker 3: But shout out to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's Michael trusted him and he came through in the clutch.
Speaker 2: Well, he hit that in the last dance as well.
Speaker 1: He hit that shot against Indiana that sort of put them into the playoffs in Jordan's rookie season as well, so you.
Speaker 4: Know, I didn't realize he's like a bad away from It was like years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why he's been in the front office forever.
Speaker 1: I think he just got a lifetime contract there and didn't have to do much apparently.
Speaker 2: So good for him. Next guy. This next guy is a smaller guy.
Speaker 1: He was in a dunk contest once and he had some pretty explosive on court dunks. I think you're gonna remember him. No bigger than Spud, but like a small guy. I think he's an assistant coach Brown. No, he didn't win the dunk contest, but he was in it. But he had some big dun't you think of him? Probably mostly on the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 3: Okay, Denver Nuggets. Oh my gosh, I'm thinking of like Fat Lever. I'm thinking this guy, he's going to be Alex. Alex English wasn't small.
Speaker 1: Small guy from Yeah, and this guy, this guy has got a great nickname because it's his last name. And it's also a fantasmic Oh fantastic guy. No, no, no, it's it's a it's a massive arcade game from the eighties. I'm sure you played it.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Like I think I think of a video game rampage. Okay, hold on, hold on, Denver Nuggets ninety three, ninety four.
Speaker 3: So that was Jyalen Rose drafted that year or drafted the year after.
Speaker 2: I think he was. I think he was Jalen was drafted in ninety four. I think. So this guy played a season without him, but it.
Speaker 3: Can be might tumble. Hold On, I'm going to get this. It's not it's not mcmovement.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this guy so technically I didn't realize this.
Speaker 1: This guy was not drafted, but he came in and he had a big He had a big impact on the league.
Speaker 2: He had a big impact.
Speaker 3: I'm already one for two. A big impact on the league from the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Well, an impact, explosive little guy.
Speaker 3: He went.
Speaker 2: I don't know he played for Portland as well. Robert Pack, the pac Man man.
Speaker 4: I do not remember this cat at all, but I thank you for all the hints.
Speaker 3: He's going about seventy five years. I'm one of the dumbest humans alike. But in another Pack.
Speaker 1: He had he was one of those guys who had like two or three seasons where he was kind of explosive and then he kind of drifted around a bit and didn't sort of stick all that long in the league. But yeah, he's an assistant coach. I think in uh, I think in Charlotte right now. Actually, I think.
Speaker 2: So, okay, okay, moving on, moving.
Speaker 1: On this next one. Absolutely, I guarantee you're going to get this one. Because this guy was a huge, huge name coming out of UNLV. He was the number one pick in the ninety one.
Speaker 3: Oh shout out to shout out to Grandmama, Larry Joe. Oh, yeah, there he is.
Speaker 4: I think those were he had a pair of Conbras and he had that great marketing campaign his grandmama. And those were the first pair of sneakers that I bought with my own money. I had a job at one when I was in when I was thirteen and fourteen years old, and I bought a pair of Grandmama's and then I bought myself a pair of Tim Hardaway crossovers before I was like building up to a pair of Jordan's. But yeah, those are I remember that era fondly. I think there was like Converse React or.
Speaker 3: Something like that. But yeah, and he had like the little part like right up the middle. Shout out to Kate Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah. He was awesome, and his career kind of ended a little bit early. You know.
Speaker 1: I think he was just such a big, strong guy. You know, he took a bit of a pound.
Speaker 3: You know, he was playing before lead. Yeah, he was a six.
Speaker 4: Foot four power forward like Charles Barkley, just yokes and my guy. And then like he started to go, you know, shoot from the perimeter. Had like, you know, fill up the l like with the Knicks and that shortened season when they.
Speaker 3: Went to the finals against the Spurs. Part of that squad. But yeah, he did, Alo, you did have a short career. It was only ten eleven years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but yeah, I guess coming out of college though as well. I guess he was a four year guy out of UNLV. I'm thinking I guess that's right. So we know he was probably drafted when he was like twenty one or twenty two, you know, not not the.
Speaker 2: One and done guys I think anyway. But all right, this next one is a funny one because he is the Raptors beat writer since day one, and he's.
Speaker 3: Got a basketball card like Doug Smith.
Speaker 2: Doug Smith is correct. There you go, Doug.
Speaker 3: I did with Doug Smith. Thank you. Yeah, this guy's probably like six ten or six eleven.
Speaker 4: It looks like he's in the low post you're looking for someone to pass to.
Speaker 1: It's funny whenever we do this with the guys, it's it's incredible how often we get the Doug Smith.
Speaker 2: So it's a pretty easy clue when I give them. So I got that one as well. He's got a book coming out.
Speaker 3: Okay, three for four.
Speaker 4: Back at who the Toronto Stars, Doug Smith or that basketball.
Speaker 3: Player dud Smith?
Speaker 2: Maybe both.
Speaker 1: I do you know if Doug Smith from the Star got a championship ring?
Speaker 3: Oh, he must have. He's a Day one guy. Him, Paul Jones.
Speaker 4: Think those two guys in the media should have gotten And obviously Matt Devlin, Jack Armstrong, probably, Leo Routins probably, I mean Leo is a Day one guy as well. But I would imagine Doug Smith and Paul Jones got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack Jack Armstrong probably would have tried to purn his offer a couple of points of dinners somewhere.
Speaker 2: I think by now, would you No.
Speaker 4: He would have given his away because he's such a generous guy and he's so gregarious and a great storyteller, so he.
Speaker 3: Probably would have. He probably has had his replaced a few times, a few times because he just gives them to like ravid rappings fans all, anybody.
Speaker 1: You're doing pretty well here, three out of four, I'll say right now, and and I think you're gonna get this one too, because this guy was the I think he won the Dunk Contest in ninety two and he had the big blindfold dunk.
Speaker 4: You remember that, Oh, Cedric Sobalos from the Phoenix Suns.
Speaker 3: All right, I got you.
Speaker 4: Any And like the blindfold was like a little it wasn't completely over his eyes.
Speaker 3: He could see. He tilted his head back a little bit so he could like see the court and see where he was he stepping. Shout out to Cedric Sobalov's.
Speaker 2: Have you ever come across him? Have you ever met him in your travels?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Never did, Never did I when we went to the All Star Game in Phoenix that year. I think he was doing some MC duties, but we never never introduced myself or anything.
Speaker 1: Who's the sort of unlikeliest like guy you've interviewed, who you've had the most fun with, like any sport across any sport, like a guy you you.
Speaker 2: Know, I didn't think this guy was going to be all that entertaining, but he turned out to be great.
Speaker 4: The first person that comes to mind is Latress Freewell.
Speaker 3: Really he had sort of he had.
Speaker 4: An RBF of like forty five out of ten, arresting bitch face.
Speaker 3: But we went to we went to Latrelle's in La We went to his he had like an.
Speaker 4: Auto customer custom shot or detailing shop which would do custom rings rims. He was like the first in him or Chris Mills were like the first in the NBA in that era where custom rims were really big.
Speaker 3: And he was the nicest dude. He was like, he's like, you.
Speaker 4: Guys want any food? You guys wanted drinks? Like no, man, We came to shoot like an interview with you. And then later I think that night or the next day, we saw him. I was working for NBA Excel at the time. We saw him at a party in La and actually Kobe was at that party and I.
Speaker 3: Was too afraid to introduce myself to Kobe at that time. And I saw Kevin Gardner and wait, you saw s Freewell, like what's up? Fellas like our little.
Speaker 4: Crew and like, hey, what's up, Spree And we felt like so it almost it gave us like a charge because he's like, oh, you know, he acknowledged us and we're just a couple of like random Canadian dudes at this party. We had no business being I think Ludacrous performed and Snow performed. We were just like feeling the box anyway, La Troussprero was.
Speaker 3: The first person he was. He was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great because he does seem one of those guys. He's kind of you know, he doesn't seem all that fun and entertaining when you see him.
Speaker 2: But you know, I guess you did. He was like that when you saw him, which is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's he I guess with the meat. With some the media, he was a little bit ornery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was.
Speaker 3: Awesome, awesome with me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Next guy here, this guy was kind of he's got a he's got a famous nineties NBA name, Big White Guy. You probably remember him most from the Minnesota Timberwolves and Phoenix Suns, but he's on the Washington Bullets.
Speaker 2: It was a one time All Star and.
Speaker 3: Cherokee not Cherokee Parks, Turkey Parks had a.
Speaker 2: Nickname this guy.
Speaker 1: This guy averaged like you know, he must have. He must have averaged twenty a game a couple of years in the nineties. And yeah, he's just got a funny name. Like like his name is like a famous search engine, right now.
Speaker 3: A famous search engine. Okay, so there's if you search, there's Google, Yahoo.
Speaker 4: There was like Alta Vista, Yeah, there was there Wash you're.
Speaker 2: Right on track. You're right on track with the first one.
Speaker 3: There, there was next game. Okay, google.
Speaker 2: The big white guy.
Speaker 3: What college did you go to? Do you remember he.
Speaker 1: Went to He went to uh NC State and he was it was it was a number six pick in the ninety two draft state.
Speaker 4: I was thinking Eric Montross, but he didn't have a nickname, and that's probably too early for Eric Montrosse. Oh yeah, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: See go back to that search engine. You're right there. You just gotta you just gotta work that search engine.
Speaker 3: I don't know, bro, I'm lost. Do you do a lot of of course?
Speaker 4: And listen, if my Google history was revealed to the public, I would be morbidly embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Well, these are of.
Speaker 3: The things I google at like three or four o'clock in the morning. Go ahead, let me see it.
Speaker 2: Do you Google? Tom? Google?
Speaker 3: Tom? Google?
Speaker 4: If you had said, if you had said, he was like the main dude with like the Timberwolves, like the Garnet Timberwolves, Oh, Tom Googliata, because he was he was, like I think he was the lead scorer for that for most of Garnet's early career.
Speaker 3: Tom Googlia.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I think.
Speaker 3: That was a great That was a great hint.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's one of those guys that just, you know, like say whenever, whenever someone says someone from the nineties, like a kind of goofy name, like his name pops up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I'm four for six.
Speaker 1: I think, well, you're an absolute lucky to go five to seven because you're going to get this guy because I'm sure you must have spoken to him before.
Speaker 2: He was the only other man to win six championships with Michael.
Speaker 3: Oh, Scottie Pippett and there you go.
Speaker 2: That's an easy one.
Speaker 3: No, I've never met Scottie.
Speaker 4: And really I'm like, I'm so jealous of his Barrett's own voice, like he's got one of the deepest voices in the history of professional sports.
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I know, I never I've never even seen Scotty with my own eyes. I met Dennis and I've met Michael, but I've never met Scotty.
Speaker 2: How many times have you met Michael?
Speaker 3: Just twice? And I was and I hugged him both times and.
Speaker 4: Like chess like face to chess, or I could feel his heartbeat and he just didn't know, like nobody ever touches Michael Jordan like like not a fan, like maybe a handshake, but nobody puts their arms around Michael like I did. And both times I interviewed him, we were told explicitly.
Speaker 3: Michael is not doing any interviews. Both times are on a golf course.
Speaker 4: And I just kind of waited out, like camped out, and then I just found you know, a you.
Speaker 3: Know, a minute, like little slivers of.
Speaker 4: Time, and I just approached him and he was he was gracious with his time for as famous as he is, like he doesn't know me.
Speaker 3: I'm just a random dude, a random chubby reporter. But I made the most of it and just.
Speaker 4: I just he had to like peel me off with us like his elbow, like one of these eventually, because it was I think the first time I hugged him was a about seven one thousands if you count out one one thousand, yeah, two one thousand three.
Speaker 3: That's a long time.
Speaker 4: And to have like a two hundred and forty pound dude hugging you, it feels like an eternity I.
Speaker 2: Can imagine, you know, I'm pretty sure I've seen that.
Speaker 1: Certainly the first time you interviewed him, because maybe it was when you were at the Score and you gave him work and when he gave him a card and you said, thank you for making a fat kid believe he could fly?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you have a great memory. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because you know, I mean, Michael was obviously the pinnacle for anyone in you know, to try to get an interview.
Speaker 2: So when you sort of you know, ambushed.
Speaker 1: Him like that, and uh, you know, he said he knew who you were too, if I remember correctly, like or he recognized Ah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if he did. Maybe he was just being nice.
Speaker 4: And the second time I interviewed him, he said, oh, yeah, you're I can't vaguely remember you. Maybe it's because I did hug him, and that was like like commently stamped in his head like as someone to avoid in the future.
Speaker 3: And then I popped up again a few years later. But yeah, it was. It was awesome. Wow, man, that's a career highlight.
Speaker 2: That's it. Man, two more times than I've ever got a chance to harassment. It'll be worth It'll be worth maybe going to jail.
Speaker 1: For if I if I ever get a chance to see him, I'll just jump on him like you did, and I'll say.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. I'm with you as long as your approaching with love, with.
Speaker 1: Love, all right, Joe, all right, this next guy, you should get this guy too, because he's got Speaking of of Scottie Pippen having a baritone voice, this guy had a really sort of high pitched voice.
Speaker 2: And he was a coach.
Speaker 1: He coached the Mavericks, he won a championship with the Spurs, and uh, and he coached Avery Johnson.
Speaker 3: You go there, you go.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Abray Johnson and and do you remember that bit in The Kings of Comedy.
Speaker 3: I think it was the entertainer was doing impressions.
Speaker 4: They were like playing basketball and wanted outside, and someone was doing Phil Jackson scut scut and then I think someone.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was d l here that was like Avery and like.
Speaker 4: The most country accent imaginal that's the one.
Speaker 3: That he has. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Every time he gets interviewed after a game, it sounds like he's almost like just taking a suck of helium out of a balloon.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's well, but but he's also like so country. But you know, also in like the on the Mount rushmore of high pitch voices. Dave Stewart, the pitcher from the Oakland Athletics in the.
Speaker 3: Early late eighties, early nineties.
Speaker 4: And I think Tony Gwynn legend one of the greatest hitters in the history of baseball, also.
Speaker 3: Kind of a high pitch. The voice didn't match the face. One of those that's money.
Speaker 2: When that happens, it does happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you ever spoke to Brandon Roy, but anyway, he always had no Brandon Roy had had a voice that didn't really match his his look either.
Speaker 2: You know, he kind of had a heart. Yeah, shout out in Roy. He was a stunt man.
Speaker 3: He really was, really before Dame Lillard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, unfortunate is it two catastrophic knee injury that one or two.
Speaker 2: Are on both k these and yeah, well he was a chief.
Speaker 1: Yeah he lost them inniscus there and yeah that s all right. This next one you're gonna get to because this guy is an Internet sensation these days. He's the bluck or charge man.
Speaker 3: Oh shout out to Rex Chapman.
Speaker 1: Washington Wizards or Washington Bullets. Rex Chapman, I should say.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I've never seen that card before. I don't even remember him.
Speaker 4: I remember him it was Kentucky, right, I think I remember him in Kentucky, but not.
Speaker 3: I don't think I remember it. Oh No, as we had Larry Johnson earlier.
Speaker 4: I remember him with the Charlotte Hornets in their inaugural season or early, like Alonso morning Rex Chat.
Speaker 3: I think Chapman was in a dunk contest. Actually he was.
Speaker 4: He did like an under like he kind of tossed it up under his arm and then dunked it like baseline.
Speaker 3: That's what I remember Chat.
Speaker 2: He had hopes for a white guy. He was. He was. He sort of exploded onto the scene.
Speaker 1: There, and Charlotte was a big star and he be bamps around a bit, but he could still shoot.
Speaker 2: He had a game actually for Miami against the Bulls.
Speaker 1: I saw it recently on Twitter or somewhere where he lit up Jordan and he was talking trash to Jordan the whole time, and it was like, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jordan did not forget that. He probably dropped seventy points the next time they played.
Speaker 2: I think the Bulls actually won that game.
Speaker 1: But Rex was out there talking smacked to Jordan, so it was it was a great Listen. It's like la Bradford Smith Man, if you get a chance to talk a little trash at Jordan, it doesn't matter what it cost you.
Speaker 2: In the end, it's worth it.
Speaker 4: I've been so the Bradford Smith is now will now live an infamy. Even though MJ made up that story, we still know the name the Bradford Smith.
Speaker 1: That's the craziest thing, Like, why does Jordan need to make up a story about Le Bradford Smith of all people?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 4: But Listen kept him, kept him like iron Sharpon's iron, and kept him like the greatest competitor in the history of yeah sports, as far as we know.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I've lost track, but you've done pretty well.
Speaker 3: And I think I'm seven.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go eight to ten here, because this guy was a former raptor, former Laker, but he was probably most famous actually on the Sacramento Kings.
Speaker 3: Doug Christie easy, easy, shut up. He would always have the freak thiw lot you know, kiss, kisses his.
Speaker 4: Finger, his heart and then point to the stands because his wife Jackie Christie.
Speaker 3: Was in the stands watching and Jackie.
Speaker 4: Christie was one of the only wives that traveled with the team because she just wanted to make sure that Doug was always always stayed in line and like the blinders are always.
Speaker 3: Just looking at Jackie. There was like there were legendary.
Speaker 4: Stories about her and like just just like like basically owning that dude, Like he couldn't walk or go anywhere without permission. It seemed like me, I'm sure that stories were embarrassed, but she had that dude under control.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked that he was allowed, you know, like because others I'm sure would love to have their families and kids and stuff like that at times.
Speaker 4: But believe but also sometimes I'm sure Lee, there are sometimes where dudes just want to get away from them. Yeah, you know, you got like you got an eighteen month old that's crying, and maybe like a four month or a four year old. You're just like, we got eleven days on the West Coast swing. I'm just gonna take that little West Coast and just a little bit of a relief. All you gotta do is FaceTime a few you.
Speaker 3: Know, a few minutes a day or whatever, and then just take a little mini vacation.
Speaker 2: Have you ever traveled on a team plane for anyone?
Speaker 4: I have not know, And we had a we pitched an idea to travel my last year working at TSN to travel with the Raptors.
Speaker 3: It was like a Florida swing.
Speaker 4: We ended up doing a bit with Danny Green where we took them to a snake sanctuary because.
Speaker 3: He likes exotic pets. And I had a couple, like had.
Speaker 4: A snake on me, and Danny Green was like super chill. You know that dude is like so cool under any circumstance. But like there were snakes like just just like on our person. And but no, we we couldn't. We couldn't get on the plane. Jennifer Quinn, the director of The Raptors, politely the playing that request.
Speaker 2: Man, man, I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: Don't your communications for the Raptors they're not getting.
Speaker 1: Did they not get on the plane? I mean, come on, man, what's going on? I thought he had a bit more pull like that than that in the in the city of Toronto.
Speaker 3: Sadly, I don't have that much juice.
Speaker 1: Sadly, all right, well, this next guy, you're gonna get you. You're killing it here and you're gonna get another one. So I'll make this clue a little bit harder. He played for the Raptors. In fact, I think in their inaugural season he played. But this guy, this guy has picked up he's picked up championships with the Pistons.
Speaker 3: The Bulls, and Chancey Phillips say no more, no.
Speaker 2: Not Johnson.
Speaker 3: No, I was so cocky. This guy's this week with the Bulls, one with the Bulls.
Speaker 2: He got one with the Bulls.
Speaker 1: I mean by so he picked up his the two where he was prominent with the with the Pistons eighty nine to ninety, and then he moved.
Speaker 2: To the Raptors.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, hold on, Oh you're big guy. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's He's like one of the most charming and gregarious and lovable personalities. Yeah, NBA has ever seen talking about John Sally?
Speaker 1: John Sally, Yeah, he just opened I saw on on Instagram a vegan restaurant in La too.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was. He was ahead of the curve as far as diet goes.
Speaker 4: And he is also a big proponent of cannabis. I think he has either one or two cannabis companies. But yeah, he's that guy has the best stories and is the best storyteller.
Speaker 2: John Sally, Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was great. We saw the movie Eddie. We were watching it for our show and.
Speaker 3: You guys did like a rewatching it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah basically.
Speaker 1: And uh and he's in that and he is so natural as an actor, Like he's just like you know, most most sort of you know, athletes, basketball players struggle in that role.
Speaker 2: He was like, it was like, oh, this is nothing, I can do this and he was great.
Speaker 4: John Sally had his own talk show. Yeah, and he had a talk show in La because he was like he would just had the best personality. Yeah, for and could I could like do a cold host.
Speaker 3: I don't know how long it lasted.
Speaker 1: But a show, well hope I hope is that you can restaurant lasts a bit longer out there, because that's a great idea and I'd love to get out there one day.
Speaker 4: Also, shout out to the best damn sports show ever that that show was ahead of its ahead of its or was it was a was a pioneering show where different athletes are different sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm together and have like, yeah, have a lot of roundtable.
Speaker 2: We've got four more to go here, Let's let's see if you can knock.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm known for a loving.
Speaker 1: This is great, Okay, this man, this man is known as the iron Man for two reasons. Oh A Green there you.
Speaker 4: Go there, listen, I I stole that because you because you had an acy green card with Ariel and you used the same the same lead him.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that that was a lay up for me, all right, ten for twelve.
Speaker 1: Hell, he was able to resist his entire career is incredible and start I think it's going to start rating here.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we'll keep keep true. Okay. This guy was a big man for the Utah Jazz in the in the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 3: He was Mark Eaton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, Mark Eaton, Big Mark Eaton.
Speaker 3: That guy led the league Player of the Year, or led the league and or led the league in blocks. I think four or five games. He was a monster in the middle and.
Speaker 1: He averaged like four and a half a game or something like that at one point there in his career.
Speaker 3: Uh, he looks like he want of those bad guys in Superman.
Speaker 2: He was Nom. I think his name's Nom, isn't it. That guy that's the one you're thinking of the mine who didn't speak.
Speaker 1: That's right, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, Oh man to these last year. You're gonna clean up.
Speaker 2: Man, You're gonna clean You're gonna.
Speaker 1: Go top of the leaderboard here because this next let's go, this next go baby is the seven time cham.
Speaker 3: Oh Robert or here you go? Big shot, big shot rock Yeah, big shot Bob.
Speaker 2: He's another one. Is he pretty charismatic?
Speaker 3: He's a lout of the Hall of Fame? Right?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think he's gonna get in. I don't think he's going to.
Speaker 3: Get seven rings. Role player, Yeah, seven for seven w in the finals, I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think he ever lost in the finals.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I thought you meant like shooting from from ringe.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no. He I mean he had he had some huge moments.
Speaker 1: I mean we remember the big shots against the Kings and the Sixers in the finals, but he had for the Spurs Game five against Detroit in the two thousand and five finals, he had twenty one points and hit some huge threes. We hit that one big three at the end where they doubled off him, which was crazy. Decision, crazy decision he hit at they won, So he earned that nickname for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm I'm twelve for fourteen.
Speaker 2: All right, well this is this is incredible. You're going to be thirteen for fifteen because I'll make I'll try to make this one.
Speaker 1: A little bit harder for you, because it's pretty easy. This guy also has one of the greatest voices in NBA history. In fact, I've said I think he's got the best voice.
Speaker 2: He's another big, big big man Hall of Famer Kevi Matumba.
Speaker 3: I thought you're going the other way with it. You buy the best.
Speaker 1: You're on the right track there with the KENBA. He's a big guy. He's a big guy. He picked up a championship late in his career. And he's got the best biceps you've ever seen, probably two. He's got the best way biceps.
Speaker 3: Biceps. Oh okay, so Kevin Willis was chapped.
Speaker 2: Best arms. This guy's got the best. Dan Robinson, No, no, close, you're on. You're very close. It's the same sort of ballpark there. This guy came out of oh Alonzo morning. There you go. There it is big sarre yo.
Speaker 3: This guy was this there was seven feet tall, like three percent body.
Speaker 4: Fat, and then he looked like he was born in a lab like just just the Buttruvian man, like perfectly salted.
Speaker 3: Seven feet tall, good looking dude. I'm sure he had a lot of fun playing in the NBA early in his career.
Speaker 4: Like you're a seven fiz tall and you look like that, Like I mean, just you're just gonna be a You're just gonna be a lighthouse. You know.
Speaker 1: It's just he's still in great shape now, Like I saw something with the Miami Hate recently, and he looks like you could still go out there.
Speaker 2: And give you ten minutes. He's uh, I'm telling you, man, he's kept himself in shape.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, if them out of bio is unfortunately unfortunately comes down with the RONA, then maybe, uh, maybe Zelle can suit up for a for a quick ten day contract or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, thirteen out of fifteen, man, not bad at all, not bad. I don't have to have you versus Ariel one day and have like a battle, and you know, like I said.
Speaker 3: Ariel will kill me.
Speaker 4: Ariel is so knowledgeable in baseball, basketball and Mma, I might get him in football.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh that's about you. That's about it. That's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, it's been great though, Keabby, thanks so much for joining us, man.
Speaker 3: My pleasure lead. Thanks sit about the technical difference. All these off at the beginning, but it's.
Speaker 4: Awesome to see your face and why that you're still rocking the raptors read on Canada Day even though you're in the United States.
Speaker 3: Please get some shelter. I don't want you to get hit by lightning or get rained off.
Speaker 2: It is start.
Speaker 1: I think it is going to start pouring down right here. You know, Hey, Kebby, before we go, one quick thing. You know, I think it was I saw you at the finals like two years ago. I think it was out in Oakland, Yes, and I was so jealous of your access.
Speaker 3: You did a piece with you did oh you did a piece with Klay Thompson. Oh, no, Steph. You did a piece with Steph a couple of years before, And I was so jealous. I'm like, how did you get that much time with stuff? You're learning how to shoot all that stuff. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was great to see, but I was I was.
Speaker 3: Jealous of you for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny you bring up Klay Thompson because I had a feature lined up with Klay Thompson through NBA TV and I was all ready to go and I got bumped.
Speaker 2: And guess who I got bumped for.
Speaker 1: They said, I want you, they said, they said, they said a.
Speaker 2: Canadian network already had something pre arrangement play, so.
Speaker 1: He's not going to do both. And I'm like, all right, which one they said, TSN. I'm like, that's Cabby man, That's that's my man.
Speaker 3: Wait at the finals, at the finals, it was like, oh, and you know what, actually, Clay, we.
Speaker 4: Didn't end up getting Clay, so yeah, something with his ankle or whatever, so I ended up getting Steph Curry instead of Clay.
Speaker 3: Which was incredible. Either one is a grab.
Speaker 4: I interviewed Clay at the finals the following year when they played the Raptors.
Speaker 3: But I'm so sorry for that and we didn't even get Clay. That's how oh man, I'll make it up to you somehow.
Speaker 2: Well, it's all right, you did this for me today, so we'll call it even from now. Appreciate you, my brother, all right, Kebby, We're happy Canada.
Speaker 1: Day'd been great seeing you and hopefully we we meet again somewhere in the finals or you know sure rain a.
Speaker 2: Suit for sure.
Speaker 3: Please say what's up to task, skeats and trey for me.
Speaker 2: Please, I will, I will.
Speaker 3: The Summer is recognizing simmers.