Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 2: At the Star.
Speaker 3: Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Players Lounge on a Friday. Let's ride. Danny McCrae is here, Heckma Harrison is here, Barry Church is here. I knew he scrugs going into the weekend. It is time to get into it. Lose Cowboys Eagles. It's what the Cowboys have wanted, their three point favorites in this football game here courting Vegas and everything they want to finish the season strong. To answer the questions of people had it's all right here and it starts on NBC's Sunday Night Football. So I thought heck had a good topic point today. Biggest impact for this game offensive defense.
Speaker 4: Why you gotta look at me like, all right, I'll tell you what. I'm gonna go out on the limb. I know I'm gonna go out on the limb, and I'm gonna go with on offense. I'm gonna go with your man, Brandon Cooks. I think Brandon Cooks is the guy on offense that has the biggest impact because I think Ceedee Lamb, they gotta do something about me torched them the last time he saw him. Okay, On defense, I'm going with Tank. You have to be that guy. Tank has to be that guy. I think they already know what Mike is gonna bring to the table. They know the rush is gonna be on where daed Quayne puts him, I don't know, But in order to stop that run, you're gonna need a big, big game for number nine.
Speaker 5: I'm okay with those picks. Okay, but offensively for me.
Speaker 6: So this is who we think is gonna ball or who we think they gotta play well in order for them to get a dub.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, I got you. Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dak Prescott has to make sure he takes care of the football all right. He's been doing it great for the last we actually this season, he's been great at it right. And then also he has to be the playmaker, the extending the plays type of guy putting the game on his shoulders because our run game just hasn't been what we expected to be. So I'm like, that needs three three touchdowns, maybe one rushing, like somewhere in there. Total three touchdowns. I got to see him do that on offense and on defense.
Speaker 2: For me, I want to.
Speaker 5: Pick one person, but I can't because it's the cornerbacks.
Speaker 4: To me, the cornerbacks have to be able to hold up against the slim Raper and aj Brown, right, because if you don't, then this offense has two ways of kicking.
Speaker 5: Your butt up and down.
Speaker 4: The facts, all right, and what we saw the last what we saw last week with Geno Smith coming out of coming to Dallas, that was uncharacteristic of our of our secondary and I think that.
Speaker 5: We got to button that up or it's gonna be a long day for us.
Speaker 4: Because if you can't, if you can't stop them two dudes man and Philly's already running team, then they just just.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it kind of becomes a rap. Then it becomes a rap for me. Offensively, I'm going with Ferguson. You know, I feel like Ferguson's has got to have a big time game and he has the capabilities of doing so. I mean, he's gonna be lined up against either you know, two linebackers one in in Leonard that's just got there. So he's gonna be you know, scrambling trying to figure out the playbook. And he also has to go against one of them safeties. And Bayer was a guy, you know a couple of weeks ago where I'm like, man, that's a big time improvement.
Speaker 2: That's a up grade. He's gonna help your team out.
Speaker 6: And he made a couple of players early on, but lately I'm talking about these last two three games. My man's been looking lost out there. Whether it's in coverage coming up to make tackles. He's missing a lot of tackles. Coverage is not as good as it once was. So to me, ferg He's gonna be that security blanket in my opinion, to get those you know, five yard catches maybe turned into some yack. He has the capabilities of doing so to so to me, offensively, if fergus going out there and having a good game, and then it also opens up a lot of other things. Defensively, I gotta go with Marqui's bell on this one. He's got to have a huge game in that on that second level one, he's gonna be tasked with that RPO and we all understand how hard that is, you know, to to bundle up right there. So he's gonna have to be either spying on Hurts with that when it comes to that limiting the run game, but also I think he's gonna be tasked with You talk about Swift and you talk about game well coming out of the backfield as receivers.
Speaker 2: I think he's done a great job.
Speaker 6: You know, we talked about Eckler and then Chargers of how he was able to limit those guys. I think if he has a big time game as far as limiting yards after cats, because they're gonna get they' gonna get their grabs, they're gonna get their catches. If you can limit those guys and be a great open field tackleer, I think it'll be great for this defense. But that second level is gonna be under attack, you know, whether it's from Goddard, whether it's from the running backs out of the backfield, or whether it's you know, quarterback draw power with Hurts, it's gonna be under attacks. So I think both of those guys in the middle have got to have a big one.
Speaker 2: Everything you said about defensively, I'm with you right there. I mean, I'm right behind you there. One You've got to make sure you take away there run and Jalen Hurts wants to get out of the pocket, You've got to make you checking on him. And who knows how good that Goddard is back from the injury. But this is where if I'm Philadelphia, I'm looking to make I'm looking to make some hay right there in that area of the football field. And I go back to what you said, it's Dak Prescott on the offense. I mean, this thing is all about offense, and it's all about the quarterback. And if this quarterback is out here getting it done, and we know they can win. But if he's out here, you're throwing a pick and you're not seeing a guy across the way and he steps in and undercuts it, it's going to be a problem. This is not a football game which you can give away the football. You've got to win the turnover battle here. You got to win the turnover battle. And you cannot have nine ten penalties in this football game. The pre snat penalties have to stop. And I don't know what guys are saying in the room to each other, but dog on it this week. It's on them. It is on them to make sure did you report to the referee? Do you stay onside? Do you not all the stuff we've seen? Man, kick off return? Don't sit around here face mass personal foul? I mean never heard of it? Right? You know, these these kinds of mistakes that you just cannot have in a magnitude game like this, that you must have at the end of the day. I cannot emphasize this enough. Guys, all your hopes and dreams are right here, and if you don't win this game, they're there. You now put yourself into eight ball. You're into wild card spot and you go you're gonna be digging. You could still be there, but you got to do this part. And what people said all year long, you can't beat anybody good. Even though they beat a winning a team in Seattle, it doesn't count. I heard on the radio, like, you can't win against San Francisco? Did anybody? Was I the only one who was there at Tampa when they want to playoff game because that nobody brings out it is act like they did not beat Tom Brady and put it in cinema time. I mean, that's like didn't happen. So people are saying this is a quote unquote big game. You know, I feel about that phrase, but this is what they've got to do. You gotta roll.
Speaker 4: So people saying that the Seattle Seahawks game didn't count, that is that to me? That was a good football team, a good defensively. They have a sound quarterback and Geno Smith who has made improvement after improvement. DK Metcalf is a big time receiver. Tyler Lockett, he is a big time receiver Bentering Lee for a long time. Like they that is a good football team, and they came in here against a good defense, and they put up some numbers on a really good Dallas Cowboys defensive. We went up there Middleston numbers on a really good Seattle Seahawks offense.
Speaker 5: So I don't like it counts now.
Speaker 4: I think that one counts more than the Tom Brady one because they underfives.
Speaker 2: Listen to NBC Sports Radio all the way over here, Peter King and Mike Florid we are talking, and Peter King, they have to prove that they can go out and beat good teams and actually win in that big game that the Cowboys the last few years have not won a big games. McCarthy put it on dak Is and and then then he went on to say, you know, if they're the team that Jerry Jones thinks they are, they got to win. And then he referenced the to San Francisco losses in the playoffs. And as I said, I'm listening to this, and what I've listened to for so many times is that Tampa Bay playoff game does not exist in the minds of it's as though it did not happen.
Speaker 5: It happened. That's that's what you can't say.
Speaker 4: It happened that that Tampa Bay team was not as you know, they crawled off into the playoffs.
Speaker 5: They had to put somebody from the South in this. I'm not saying, do.
Speaker 2: You know, if you lost it, you can't even the bad so it was going it was going to get used against you, but you've got no credit for it. And yes, hey go beat a team with any record. They did it, and there's no credit for it had you lost it. See, you can't even be the middling team. You can't mean you know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying this is this is what champion anyway to undermine the Dallas Cowboys. You know the media is gonna take it, man, and we don't care nothing about that. I mean, this is a game where the Cowboys have to have it. And I want to ask y'all, man, do y'all feel like from all the noise on the outside as it's being stated that this is a career defining game for that, do you feel that? Noah, don't, don't. It's still the regular season. But I'm saying in the grand scheme of where you're going to go into the playoffs and grand scheme of actually getting to where nowies just talked about how everyone's saying, well, you ain't beat anybody. Finally you get an opportunity to go head to head versus your nemesis in your division.
Speaker 5: How could this not be? I don't think it's career defining.
Speaker 4: I think it's a huge game and a huge opportunity, especially when you're looking at the MVP race, and then Dak could put itself as the front runner if he goes out and beats Philadelphia. But he played really well against Philadelphia last last time and we still lost the game, right, so there still could be an opportunity for us to go out there and Dak Prescott have four or five touchdowns and we figure out the way to lose it. And I don't think it would be on Dak. I think that has done a lot in his career. But I think the thing that's going to be career defining is how he plays when he gets into big games in the play How far can you make it in the playoffs when you run into a Philly or San Francisco or whoever it is who's rolling at that moment. I think that is going to define your career as a Dallas Cowboy player, just like Tony Romo is defined that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with y'all on that one.
Speaker 6: When you talk about, you know, career defining, you know, we all understand when you were to start, it's what happens in the playoffs. You know, that's that's what's going to you know, grant your legacy or doing your legacy. Because if we look at it last last year in San Francisco when he had a bad playoff game, you know that that wasn't to me career defining. I mean, it was a bad game, I understand it, and it was in a big situation. But look how he's been able to bounce back this year. He's an MVP discussion. So to me, I don't think this game is career defining. I do, however, think this game is a must win when you talk about being able to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, because we all understand this team is a different team on the road. I mean, I think we can we can put it that way. When you look at him at home, I think they're what fourteen and zero shifts. I mean, that's ridiculous. So to me, if you want to get that home field advantage and you want to be that team that that host playoffs games and you're gonna get your best shot to make it to the to the s Bob, but to the Super Bowl, then you gotta win this game because if you lose this, I think they're what down two two games in the division, and you look at the rest of the Eagle schedule. They got the Commanders I think, and the Giants, you know, a couple of games that they should win easily. So if you want to get that home field avantage, you want to, you know, take that next step. This is to me a must win game because you got to you can't go too far back in that division.
Speaker 4: No, if you win, if you come away from a situation, come away from this game Sunday, you win.
Speaker 5: That's ten.
Speaker 4: That's double jedgit wins for Mike McCarthy in three seasons, and that puts him in a rare class as a Dallas Cowboy coach.
Speaker 5: And a lot of people ain't talking about that.
Speaker 4: You know, say, no news, good news, nah man, you got to talk about some of the good things that you see this team doing. And all you hearing is what new he's talking about. Guys like Peter King saying, well, now you ain't beat anybody. You saw that game you were just talking about Seattle. Seattle is a bona fide team and San Francisco has that work cut out for them this Sunday against Seattle because they go in the sleepwalking they can get beat by Geno and DK mex.
Speaker 2: Ain't even got to be sleepwalking.
Speaker 4: The NFC West is always like that is always a division of conference where you sit over there and you say, no, matter the record of any four of those teams, you can get beat.
Speaker 5: And that's from Arizona Cardinals all the way up.
Speaker 4: To the San Francisco forty nine Ers and the Rams, even when they were winning the Super Bowl, they would go into those division games. You'll be like, hold on, what happened to me a last week? Right, because because he's in the NFC West, So yeah, like it was all good. Just how many times they rode onf Matthew Stafford them in the NFC West before they want a super Bowl? They were like, now, I don't know, man, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Ain't got and he I look at Eli Manning and you're talking about your career defining game. Eli Manning's career defining games where in the playoffs and it was the two Super Bowl wins over the Patriots. I mean for Eli's career, his record, he finished one hundred and seventeen wins, one hundred and seventeen losses, have a great record. And they talked about putting this guy in the Hall of Fame. Okay, talk about puting this guy in the Hall of Fame at the end. So from twenty eleven to twenty nineteen, he did that. He had one double digit win season from from twenty eleven he was nine and seven, nine and seven, seven and nine, six and ten, six and ten, eleven and five, three and twelve, five and eleven, one and three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is this is how he finished his career. He had was it one, two, three, four, five, five double digit win seasons, But his career was made the playoffs. So when you needed to have it the most, you did it, and you did it against arguably the best head coaching quarterback of all time. He won twice, didn't and you know one of them was when they were undefeated. Know the the Patriots were undefeated. So to me, heckma, the it's the playoffs. That's where you that's where you lay it down and where we're going to remember everything about you. But this this game is going to set a tone. If they win, we will talk about them in terms of being a true contender. And oh, by the way, look at what's on the schedule for them the rest of December. All your hopes and dream is here. They lose. You know what's coming. Can't get it done. Here comes to measuring stick. You look, you can't meet it. It's at your house. You had to win the street. You couldn't do it. Jalen Hurst. Not is that fair?
Speaker 5: But is that is that a fair criticism?
Speaker 2: It comes with the meals. Jason Garrett used to say, so, I'll say yes. From the from the standpoint of this is, you know who you play for, you know what's expected. Well, you play for the Yankees, you play for the Lakers. You know people are here for championships. They're not here for the excuses and the bull nine nine. That's why you gotta get this one done. The old NFL films. Heck, you remember Lou Savis. You can get it done. You can get it done. What's more, you gotta get it done.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: Listen, it'll be fair criticism if they go out here and they don't win this football game. It'll be fair criticism of saying, when you come up against the upper echelona football teams in the NFL, you haven't been able to show that you belong in that category based off the last couple of years.
Speaker 5: I think that's fair game for the game.
Speaker 2: And I worry about that. I worry about that.
Speaker 4: I worry about that because the scenario as it continues to play out of my in my head, it's like, if they lose forty two to ten, what does that do to the psyche of this team?
Speaker 2: Like you hurt?
Speaker 5: What does that do.
Speaker 4: I mean you're talking about what does that dude that set them back mentally? Does that put them in a situation amongst them in the media types to say, oh, you don't belong here. Here's another measuring stick game and you fail to meet expectations and a team that has been hearing the noise, I don't care. There's no way they can get away from it. You play, you ain't played nobody, You ain't beat nobody. Then you come up against a team that has the record, that has all the firepower, how do you mean up and you don't even you don't even come close.
Speaker 2: That's gonna hurt.
Speaker 4: That's gonna hurt. And so that's that's that's what I'm looking for. I want to see for all the expectation that's been placed on them, if they don't live up to it. Man, how many times can you go see them headline the headline at some point, at some point, we're gonna come here and we're gonna say, all right, y'all, just the headline is right, like at some point, it's not like they just beating up.
Speaker 5: On the cowboys.
Speaker 4: At some point you're gonna look at it and say, all right, going back to the last two years.
Speaker 5: How many times they beat these beating these teams.
Speaker 4: Okay, we saw Philly get stomped out by San Francisco last last week. Now if they go out there and lay in forty two to ten, now you're gonna say, hold on, hold on, y'all, ain't sniffing the top of the rise. It's not it's not even there. Especially you know how close the game was last last time we played Phild like you've left that game feeling like, hey man, if we've made a few more plays. Although Philly didn't play their best game, they have right, So you say, okay, this game ship a close, competitive game and it was not home to somebody. Oh yeah, right, the whole playoffs, I will couch this.
Speaker 2: Going back to covering the Rangers when they were trying to win the division, the Astros came into Arlington and they put up historic numbers against them. It was a beatdown and beat down. Run scored the series and hold I mean the Astro just I mean laid it to and everybody was, man, can can't win, ain't gonna get it done. And then they had a lead in the last last four games they couldn't hold on ASHS Division. People rode them all. You gotta let it play out, no matter what happens, you have to let this player. Gotta let it play out. It may not be pretty in terms of Okay, you could get beaten and we're like, oh my gosh, but you do have to let it play out.
Speaker 6: I mean, look at the forty nine, the forty Downers, the Rams when they won that s Who Bowl two years ago. They got spanked twice by the forty nine ers, Yes, in their own division, spank twice.
Speaker 2: Met up in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: I believe, was it the NFC Championship one of those games and they put it on them and it got the W.
Speaker 4: I think we're talking about. Yeah, that's you know, I think it's I think they got that boys o the pick for the tag. Let's get a break in here. Let's get a break in here.
Speaker 2: Mike McCarthy is uh back in the building. Let's talk about the Cowboys head coaches. He gets ready to coach on the sidelines, get the Philadelphia Eagles. After having his appendix removed, This is players lined by you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot comray It's.
Speaker 3: The official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 4: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our SMOOTHI bows into two new, decadent flavors. Dig into a cool III or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowl unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: There is no eye in Dallas.
Speaker 1: There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, and there's no eye in how about them Cowboys? Smeirenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home or away.
Speaker 1: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players.
Speaker 4: Lounge experience the magic of the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at Christmas time. Available through the holiday season on select dates only. Christmas Tours of the Star get you VIP viewing at Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza, a holiday themed guided tour of the Star and festive takeaways including a limited edition ornament and a Santa hat. Space is limited. Book your visit at the Star in Frisco dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Heck Maherrison players. Now it's about to you by Tostito's. You's got Barry Church, Heckmharrison, Danny Cray, I'm new he scruggs. Mike McCarthy back at the Star said, caught him feeling great. Anticipate everything staying normal. Come Sunday night. He will be on the sidelines. He will be calling plays. And he said, you don't have to worry about him getting into any players like you know security. Mcdam's, uh, you know, Mike's not trying to run the mess round get hurt here. So I expect Cable will be right next to Mike McCarthy to fend off everybody that gets near him in this football game. So the head coach says, he's good. All right, how you feeling about that, Danny, Man, I feel good.
Speaker 4: I'm glad he's gonna be on the sideline. I think I think he makes the difference for Dak in that offense when he's calling plays and then I assume him played offense, that having him on the sideline, Dak being over to go talk to him face to faces. Also, that also has a huge impact on what you can see in the game and the adjustments they're able to make. So I'm glad it's gonna be on the sideline. He is your play caller. You need this, dude, and this is in the biggest game. Dak needs that voice in his head to be telling him what to you know, what to do. These guys are on the same page, and I think at the beginning of the season you had your questions about the way that he was using Dak the offense. But man, over these last couple of games, you've seen them role. You've seen the creativity for Mike. You've seen Mike bring out the best in players like Brandon Cooks. You've seen guys like Purposing Down starting to take the league. And I'm not saying that Dak couldn't as a veteran in this league. Obviously he can call his own place, but I think that having that brain trust of Mike McCarthy down there on the field does a lot for that. Now's big time because like all you guys said this whole year, McCarthy, you know he's been doing his thing. I gotta admit that Man has been doing this thing with creativity, moving Ceedee Lamb around. So it's hard not to get a double team on him using turp and using all these guys out there has weapons. His creativity has been awesome so far this season, and I'm glad that he's on the sidelines to be able to be that voice in Dak's ear or whatever.
Speaker 2: The case may be. But when I look at it, I'm sitting there like man as a head coach.
Speaker 6: Usually if you're the offensive coordinator, once the offense comes to the sideline, you guys are all over there on the sideline on the bench kind of working things out, making these adjustments as a head coach, And I could be wrong. I don't really see him like once the offense is done, he's still like right on the sideline with the defense as well. So is it you know, Shottenheimer that goes in there and it makes those adjustments with the with the guys, and he's just you know, playing calling the plays. Like I just he's doing a heck of a job. Don't get me wrong, He's a heck of a job. That was that would make it hard for me to look at it like, all right, offense is dying. I'm back up, like I'm.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's probably some type of communication to where if he sees something that he's gonna he would go over there and you know, shot him. And his communication probably is mainly with Dak Prescott. That's a that's a hell of a dynamic that you're talking about because most offensive play college do that. Everybody so and and I think it's the same for like dan Quinn. Dan Quinn's not on the sideline. Dan Quinn's up in the box.
Speaker 5: So and I don't know how that.
Speaker 4: Is for all NFL teams, if the DC is always up in the how it is you know basically, but but I think that the way that they have their communication set up it works. But I think this is for me, having Mike on the sideline is more of a dack thing than it is for anybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says he's ready to go. All I can do is believe that at this point in time, you've had the Danny, you had the surgery, you said you were good to go, So he can call some place.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be all right, Big Mike the Irish, Yes, he gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be from Pittsburgh. And Michael, big dude too. Man, Mike, ain't no little cat.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that Dak Prescott has made it a lot easier on Big Mic this season. I think once Big Mike saw that Dak was comfortable using his legs, I think that opened up a whole different dynamic for this offense.
Speaker 2: So I just like they were in quarterback lead last week, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying, Taylor, And they ran quarterback lead last week, you know what I'm saying. So, so that's how comfortable back is right now. And I think I think this guy's the limit as long as he's able to do stuff like that. Can we put something on this defense? Though, y'all come on now, y'all know this is a big game for the defense. I know my impact player, I mean quarterbacks as y'all been watching, as y'all been watching all week, watching field all week, y'all realize that you talk about those two wide receivers, but come on now that that this this running back group game wells with these guys they have, they have a lot that that could.
Speaker 5: Really cause trouble for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And defensively, if we're not on point, I just go back to that San Francisco game. Bro, they literally got down in the red zone and did score twice in that first quarter on a on the forty nine ers defense that everybody, I mean, I think they're one of the best in the league, and they were not. I mean, and Philly is really good in the red zone. So to me, I think that there's such a challenge on this defense. Man, this is it is.
Speaker 6: And you know, like we talked about a little bit earlier this week, that's why I think, I know everybody else you know y'all talking about we gotta stop that run. But that's why I think, man, man, i'd rather kind of see a bend but don't break style defense, like in between the twenties from twenty to twenty. They might be able to march up, but I feel like if we put a stopper on the big time plays.
Speaker 2: I mean, because if we look.
Speaker 6: At this season so far, outside of that Arizona game, you know, which game did.
Speaker 2: The run really affect this defense?
Speaker 6: Like like was like, man, it's like, man, we can't stop up with a noose, believe yeah you know yea. So I feel like the running game last year was a huge problem this year. You know, I don't think it's been that big of a deal. But when you look at it, what's been hurting this team, it's big plays. When you look at the defense, what's been hurting it's big, big plays. Especially last week with Seattle, we didn't make them earn it to get into the red zone. G you know what's throwing fifty ard bombs for touchdowns and getting them right in that area. So to me, you know, that's why I'm like, man, twenty to twenty, y'all have to earn it. Like if y'all getting first downs, it's third and five, third and six, and y'all converting those things, all right, But I'd rather see that and draw out the game.
Speaker 2: Then man, we stop at.
Speaker 6: Them three and out three and out three out there it goes a big bomb. Man, they done got seven. You look up at the halftime thinking, man, we got time.
Speaker 2: And possession, we got all that.
Speaker 4: But man, they you know, it's still twenty one, twenty one, you know, in that same vein though, like but like if you don't trust your secondary getting them in twenty to twenty, like they're still gonna you still got to cover it easier. You know, things happen the way the way we was getting beat last week. That bad he using the red zone between the twenties, it was, it was just some bad football being played in the second dary it was. It was true that that played to DK Metcap that was bad football. That looked like he was at practice and he was like like the score didn't even matter, like it was I went for and then it just it just didn't look like a like a like a real rep. That was some bad football being played. So I hope you won't see it this week, but you know he did get a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Want to help you defense get a lead. That's make make them have to keep up with you. And one thing about this Eagles team, in my opinion, I don't think they're as good a team when they have to play catch up because they want to run the ball. That's what they want to do. But if you're sitting up here like the Niners, they got him down, well, guess what you gotta do. You gotta throw now. You gotta stay in the pocket, you know. And that wasn't a good thing. That was not a good thing. So that's my thing. Get get the ball, get a lead, and as you said, earn the right to pass.
Speaker 5: Rush that to me.
Speaker 2: If I'm trying to figure how do I beat this team, Guys, keep scoring on them, take away this run, make them have to match you.
Speaker 4: But your freight brother been winning games from behind for the last five weeks.
Speaker 5: People have been trying to figure out how to beat them.
Speaker 4: He've been down in half and still figuring out ways to win games.
Speaker 2: Well, when Josh Allen decides to throw pick, you know right there on that, oh for sure. I mean all those you beat, right, But do you seen teams like that go ahead and help them out? You know, Washington, you got them, and then you go ahead and stick your foot into me. You got to go take it. But the Niners last week, they got up on them and they didn't make those kind of mistakes that the other teams did you had to beat the Eagles Kansas City. You didn't finish and do what you needed to do. Go oh by the way, win that turnover battle as well. But they can get got you know, you just have to be on point. And I said, grab that nine and tastes look at him just But I just think the Cowboys, oh by the way too, how they won games. They've won games, have been at their best when they've got to lead.
Speaker 4: San Francisco has some explosive plays last week, you know, like when we look at how they were able to build that lead debo taking the tunnel screen for fifty sixty yard, like, they had some really big explosive plays that really stretched the lead out for them last last week. So can we get those type of explosive plays is the question? Like, can can Tony Pollard be one of those guys who can take a screen sixty to seventy yards and have that type of explosive impact on the game.
Speaker 5: Can Seedee Lamb do that?
Speaker 4: Are we going to toss the ball deep to Brandon Cooks to see if he has the opportunity to do that?
Speaker 2: If not, are we going to.
Speaker 4: Be one of those big and dunk teams like, how do we come out and play this week?
Speaker 5: Like how do we do it?
Speaker 4: Because the recipe for successful San Francisco was explosive, explosive plays all down the field and stay aggressive no matter what happened. And they kept their foot on the neck and they and they blew him out. So are we going to be able to do that? I hope? So, I sure hope, So I hope. So KOA, Now we need I mean we need to and and I think the way that we've been winning, and you go back over the last couple of games, man Dak has been He's played it slow, played it fast. If he's needed a big play from CD, the way the teams have played him, CD still had im packed in the red zone. We saw that last week with a touchdown graph that he had in the back of the end zone, a dot from from Dak. I'm saying, Brandon Cooks man has to be that dude that can extend plays, move the change. He may not just be here, you know, fadeball or your big play guy. He may have to be a position receiver of some some instances. Because we haven't gotten that from from MG. We haven't gotten that the only thing I'm the only thing I worried about with Brandon Cooks. I'm not. I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The only thing that works be about the Brandon Cooks being the impact players We've seen, you know, times where you know, they won't even look the guy's way.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 2: That's all there.
Speaker 4: We thought it was over with the next game against that was the Giants. The next game, I was like.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 5: Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: You don't even look at the guy?
Speaker 4: You know again and you know every time you throwing the ball that he makes an impact play. So are we able to then be consistent and make sure that he is our number to a number three depending on Ferguson and how he's having a game. If not him, then what what you just said about Tony Pollard? Tony Pollard, be that that part of your offense that can extend.
Speaker 2: They let him let Pollard uh Cavant Turpin. Yeah, but guys like that the whole bundle.
Speaker 4: We gotta have a great game from here, right, sound like I'm just everybody gotta play great right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, just get our final break in here. Of course you got the predictions. Got the prediction.
Speaker 4: May you should have started with that because I want to know who everybody with right now? He there was Cowboys shirt and him heavy a damn shake. He boy, tell you all right, we wait who you w.
Speaker 2: That's why I tried to get this area, so we got enough time to go ahead and get everything in here with that Maharrison, Bury Church, Daniel Cradlers Lounge brought to you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you what's that sound. That's the sad one of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 2: The fresh guy who looks right. It's not there pee escape slap perstyle.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Get the comfort you need this football season with Dallas Cowboy cole Weather Gear. Visit the nearest pro shop. We'll log onto Shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com a fanatics experience and score knit hats, hoodies, jackets and more.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Hackma Harrison. You are in the Players Lounge, brought to you by Tostitos. Get plenty of those toastitos as you get ready to watch the Cowboys and Eagles Sunday Night Football on NBC. UH Jason Garrett is going to sit down with Dak Prescott for an interview in Football lain in America, So make sure you and into that. Craig Melvin to the Today Show hit his story with Dak Prescott as Dak starts a new campaign talking about colon cancer and getting other people to make sure they understand it. This this is a real His mother passed away from it. Craig Melvin's brother passed away from it. So if you haven't seen it, just check it out on social media. Good stuff. Uh, Danny mcray, Barry Church, you guys are former players, So I'm gonna go to you guys first for your for your cowboy predictions. Cowboys, cowboys are at.
Speaker 6: Home, at home, Sir at home, man in at home. But it got that be a tough one, a tough on. I think it hurt's getting healthier. I think he getting healthier. I think that ain't as bad as it once was. It's a tough pig, it's a tough big but I gotta go. I gotta go with cowboys on this one. I mean you at home fourteen straight. McCarthy back on the sidelines. You're healthy for the most part. Give me the Cowboys twenty eight, Philly twenty one. They gotta tell you, Okay, they're gonna get that.
Speaker 2: I'm found. Are you sure I'm fine.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you that's what I see. I would not explain. I did not expect that on this day.
Speaker 5: Look, I had to.
Speaker 2: Split, right, I had to splip for the season. Yeah, I don't know. Adam getting swept I think, yeah, you know I had to right about right, crag what you got?
Speaker 4: You're yeah, I had the play Listen, this is this is easy for me. This is easy for me. I've seen that play better. I've seen him be comfortable using his legs. I've seen how close they were to beating him last year. I do think that this spread oh three and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I'm coming, but you.
Speaker 5: Know, I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: I'm going thirty to twenty nine Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Dan Queen getting torched again, So you don't have covering Quint getting torched again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It didn't look good last week, and I think these weapons are better than the weapons that they came into the house on last Thursday.
Speaker 5: So I'm going thirty two twenty nine. Think it's gonna be a shootout.
Speaker 4: Y'all made me spend all of the podcast season, you know, defending the Cowboys. You talk about your other boys, talk about the m v P. You throwing up your you know, go on throw it up one more time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been throwing it up. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I just feel like, you know, it's it's crazy how a few get put putting some wins together, then all of a sudden, everybody start coming over this way. You know, I'm the only one had to eat a taste cake in here last year. You know, you were talking crazy.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: I wasn't talking. I was just telling you. I was telling you that they were the same thing I saw this this year. I seen in them last year. They were giltable. But you said that a few weeks ago too when we played, and like you said, just a second ago.
Speaker 1: But that.
Speaker 5: Close, that's our close.
Speaker 4: But dog, I think it's amazing to hear y'all come over on my side like this, and I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: I'm loving it. But I gotta find a way to get.
Speaker 4: Y'all a former Dallas somebody side like it would I've been in here with you. Don't play that, Do not play that card right now. You ain't about to do that, okay. So they said twenty off the plane last year, hey man, and they had to take us out there because it.
Speaker 5: Was so long.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, The twenty off the plane had nothing to do with how you got to the knife. You got to the knife because I said they was gonna win the NFC's that's.
Speaker 2: How you got them.
Speaker 5: But I'm stopped us from winning the NFCS.
Speaker 4: He but listen, here's the deal talking about here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 4: Okay, I need to find a way to get this tasty cake back over on somebody.
Speaker 5: Hey, ain't no way are you picking the Eagles?
Speaker 2: Hey man?
Speaker 4: Which one of y'all listens? Which one of y'all taking the Eagles? You the last one? Are you taking them? Somebody eating the tasty cake on?
Speaker 5: Not the cake? Somebody eating the tasty cake.
Speaker 2: Up in, No, bro, we can't take that out for So how do we do a cake on the division? No? I ain't try to y'all.
Speaker 5: Who are you picking? Knowing who you picking?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Dallas thirty one twenty.
Speaker 5: But I'm telling you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You got Dallas, Chris.
Speaker 4: Do you see this, Chris Bean Chris beanf come on, man, come on, man, somebody get in. That's what I need because I can't believe this. Y'all boys had me eat tasty cakes and you had y'all come in and y'all gonna be on divisions. I tried to say, can we can get one for the division?
Speaker 2: Boy? That song?
Speaker 5: Listen, man Church.
Speaker 2: Before the season, you saw what it was Philadelphia. Every everybody had us winning this game. They had the Cowboys it in this game, except this one.
Speaker 5: He switched. He switched out. As I said, I watched the games. I watched it. I saw what happened last week.
Speaker 2: This perfect.
Speaker 5: It's a decision wager.
Speaker 2: I'm consistent.
Speaker 4: Man, we want us to pick Philadelphia, So you gotta wins up what you gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Man, we got the Cowboys winning.
Speaker 4: Man, I got this one right here. We're gonna put thirty We're gonna put a thirty burg on him. Man, I'm going, uh, let's go thirty eight thirty eight. Yeah, we're gonna put thirty eight on them. Uh, thirty eight, twenty four, thirty eight, twenty four at the Mecca.
Speaker 2: So they getting them garbage yards and garbage points.
Speaker 5: Then we're gonna drill them poundtown. I put put put on that score.
Speaker 4: No man putting the head out. He wants to head up now. But want to say now is gonna win by fourteen? You see how they playing me. If that's the taste, I'll take that thing and I ate the tasty cake. I'll take that mission. If you think they're gonna win by fourteen, I take that bet.
Speaker 5: You seat it. What other games we got CV?
Speaker 2: What that's cold work. That's cold work. I can't believe you guys ready for the other Yeah, man, I'm good. I'm let you get our first game out of the buckets. And Indianapolis at Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Was getting drilled.
Speaker 2: Should be drilling a lot, we said, Cincinnati at the Coats, Indy at since India, Indy is on a four game winning street.
Speaker 6: Give me the Colts though, or now give me the Bengals, my bag, give me the Bangles.
Speaker 2: Browning. That his name, Browning. You believe he showed you he did.
Speaker 6: We can say, let me get Browning out here. Cincinnati twenty four coats seventeen.
Speaker 4: Joe Burrow's not playing, so I don't have to pick the Bengals this week. I'm going with the Colts. The Coat twenty four to seventeen, about the exact Moss have a big time game anyway, So well, yeah, I'm going I'm going with the Coats.
Speaker 2: Give me Indy twenty three, twenty faith in brown Man, I'm going Browning too.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna Gonaty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm.
Speaker 5: Mixing out there.
Speaker 2: Let's go split decisions.
Speaker 5: Let's go twenty twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: All right, Next up, we're gonna go Minnesota at.
Speaker 6: Vegas, be back, back back.
Speaker 2: Did they get how? What's the name? Play is playing?
Speaker 6: Give me Minnesota, Me Minnesota with Jeff's I need a big one Jeffson twenty four, seventeen games in Vegas. Yes, in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Man, it's a lot popping in Vegas right now. Give me, give me the give me, give me the Raiders. Man, I'm going with the Raiders on this one. Man, I'm gonna go Raiders. It's an ugly game. I'm gonna go eighteen eighteen fifteen, so ugly. Give me the Vikings twenty four turn the tv U, Yeah, twenty four to twenty one. Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 2: Twenty six, twenty four. Minnesota got a lone wolf. I need that took the Patriots last night. Sure, shout out to Z by the way, I know z Z. I'm gonna have a backpack of last night.
Speaker 3: Uh Seattle at San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Oh, Man, don't jump out the window, d man, I'm going. I'm going first. Ye Oh, I got san Fran. I got san Fran, But I actually haven't been a really really close game with thirty one twenty seven is eleven point spread. I don't think that's gonna be a thing. Eleven eleven, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me san Fran to witness one. Give me uh twenty eight to twenty Yeah, I'm with you on that, san Fran. Thirty one twenty one.
Speaker 4: Hmm, san Fran, I need to see out of the wines though, I need to see out of the win. I'm gonna go thirty thirty twenty one.
Speaker 2: All right, one up. We got Buffalo at Kansas City. Buffalo.
Speaker 8: If they lose, they're under five hundreds city cominguf for loss.
Speaker 2: Give me dust in this one. Give me the dust man.
Speaker 5: Why do you dust man?
Speaker 2: Chiefs ain't looking good?
Speaker 6: Give me the dust twenty eight, twenty eight, twenty four.
Speaker 4: I'm going opposite of that same score though, twenty eight twenty four, give me the Chiefs and Patrick mahone, boy.
Speaker 2: They ain't been looking good.
Speaker 5: I'm going.
Speaker 4: I'm going to hey, man, I'm going Chiefs to twenty seven twenty one.
Speaker 2: Ain't messing with the dust.
Speaker 5: No wait, now we got we got one more messing with dust.
Speaker 2: Give me a nineteen sixteen Kansas City win. Give me, give me a close game here, I got one more for you, all right, Denver, at.
Speaker 4: You boys, you know what you're picking. What's the score? Go ahead, stick with your team, doog.
Speaker 2: Somebody else?
Speaker 5: Go first. I figured let's ride. Let's ride.
Speaker 4: Let's ride twenty four to twenty twenty seven twenty four.
Speaker 5: Let's ride.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Now I'm gonna go with Denver too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Last week versus Houston, they came close, man, but it looked like Peyton has turned that thing around. Man, So I'm going with Denver. I'm gonna go who twenty eight twenty four?
Speaker 6: Yeah, give me, give me, give me killing in the boys, man, Why they need They don't have to know this victory?
Speaker 2: Is it at La? Or is that La which is not at home?
Speaker 5: But it's okay.
Speaker 2: Denver turfed a little faster on turf. Give me the Chargers twenty four twenty one.
Speaker 5: I mean, keenan all have a good game, so I know you need courting up and a sudden.
Speaker 2: Good for the one one little type of game. Ain't good charge twenty six to seventeen. There we go, There we go. What are you fighting, moors baby?
Speaker 5: At least saying about this ship.
Speaker 2: Let's go, we need it bail exactly. Man, You know, anything can happen any given Sunday. I have a coaching staff.
Speaker 4: But this might be the last week I had this for this year. So I just wanted to bring him up here because I might. I mean, Jeopardy are not making the playoffs. Last year's champion of twenty twenty two, Danny and Craig we the North. You know, I did win the championship last season. But yeah, he might be leaving.
Speaker 2: Because you switched the name.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah he might. He might be leaving this season. But it's all right, though, It's all right.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm about the good fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah he'suto. It's not over, but it was just just in case, just in case. By Sunday, I might, I might be going right through the window. I can't have it Nobody.
Speaker 2: Trophy, changing the name to what you change the name?
Speaker 5: I forgot?
Speaker 2: Forget that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a darking Balls reference on your right. The super saim four. We're not one year.
Speaker 2: I want should should have went to the Philly Champion said every week playing.
Speaker 4: This, that's good good If I if I, if I squeak out of this one, then that might be my name from next yeak.
Speaker 2: You go, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 5: Where y'all get that at this? This is on Amazon.
Speaker 2: We get anything you won't you like it?
Speaker 9: No, looked like Amazons chase the cakes bro put the tasty cake on the fourteen point leader.
Speaker 4: Doing none of that? You don't really want to do it. I ain't doing none of that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm a shamed. I'm a shine dog all that. I have waited a whole year for this, the whole year I had to wait fix But that's all right, your team win.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Y