Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes.
Speaker 2: So, as you know, my podcast Reality with the King is on tour and my next stop is live in New York City with the one the Only Queen of New Jersey, Teresa Judais. Yes, on Tuesday, June eighteenth at the City Winery, Teresa Judais and I will have a live conversation in front of a live audience.
Speaker 1: Make sure you get your tickets now.
Speaker 2: Log onto my website Kingdom raint dot com. That's Kingdom r E I G N e n T dot com. Or if you're on social media and follow me, click on the link of my bio to purchase your tickets. Once again, the website is Kingdom rainnt dot com. Hit the tab that says tour and me and to Lisa Judais, can I wait to see you on Tuesday, June eighteenth in New York City. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey, rain drops.
Speaker 2: On another episode of Reality with the King, I am joined by my good friend.
Speaker 1: She's one of my favorite blondes.
Speaker 2: She's also the host of this amazing podcast called Citizen McCain that is available on Apples, Spotify, wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the girl we are.
Speaker 2: Miss Seek on daytime television, right, drov give it off with my good friend Meghan McCain.
Speaker 3: Well, Carlos, thank you so much. But you're the king of podcasting. And every time you come on my show, which is probably more often than you like, because we always ask you, everybody loves it and we get a spike in listeners because you're so popular and everybody loves you, and even like I have so many friends who listen to you and follow you and just think you're the best. And you always pop up on like Juicy Scoop and all these places I also consume. So it's really my honor. I love I love going on air with you, and I love talking to you because I think we have the same interest.
Speaker 1: No, we do have the same interest, and that's why you know, we get a lot. We've been friends for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: He Look, you know, all you have to do is ask me to come in a podcasts.
Speaker 1: I would do it in a heartbeat. We have we have so much fun.
Speaker 2: And the beauty of you, Meghan is a fact that listen, the world sees you as this political commentator. You obviously know your shit when it comes to politics, but baby, my girl knows her shit when it comes to reality television. And we have to get into the state of the House of Boston, New Jersey. So have you mean keep it up with the show this season?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't watch last night's episode, which I should have knowing that I was coming on with you, But I just I was so bored with the episode before I told you on my podcast, the baseball episode, and like, look, I think it's nice to Lauries is doing charity work. I think all those things are wonderful. I just have been so bored this season. And I think that like any relationship in television, I don't care if it's a political show or the reality TV or Dancing with the Stars, you have to have relationships with people, and you have to film with people, and you have to get along, and trust me, when things stop getting along, it'll go to hell really fast if something isn't to fix it, and if that's like executive producers getting involved or you just like you know, putting the show over family matters or personal matters. And there's something about this like complete fracturization of the show that is simultaneously boring and hard to watch for me at least. And I get it, like I get that Melissa and Teresa had this like you know, explosive like legendary blow up fight between their families, but for me, it's just like tragic and also just not entertaining. Like I can watch tragedy if it's compelling and entertaining, but it's to me, it's just really boring. And there's some people on the show that I could like cut off quickly and I don't care about and I just think they're boring. And I know that sounds terrible, but you know, this is not a democracy. You're like, you're on TV because you're entertaining, and if you're boring. Markearet Josephs, you should leave.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: I find her so boring. So boring.
Speaker 2: Ladies jeltimate and they now you see why Being Megan are good friends because Jesus, it's like that US Weekly of.
Speaker 1: That segment because it's in print.
Speaker 2: But remember how US weeklys to have celebrities, they're just like us. Yes, so like Ray drops Megan, she's just like us.
Speaker 1: She she she says how she feels, and she means what she says.
Speaker 2: So you think Margaret Josephs is boring, tell me why Megan.
Speaker 3: It's like gives me nothing, Like she's just kind of like going along to get along. I don't really think she has any storyline in her in her like life right now that I'm I'm I like attached to or responding to. And I just think there's like a lot of people on the show that are like filler, Like they're like filling time, but they're not really giving me interesting drama. And then at the same time, there's other franchises, which I just saw the trailer for the new OC which it's gonna be amazing, And I was literally like I was in my kitchen, my friend Miranda that you know, texted to me, and I literally stopped everything I was doing. I like stopped what I was doing to watch out on my phone and I was like, oh my god, thank god, this like real television is coming back, because this is what I want at the end of my day. I want like compelling, insane drama and like the John Jansen of it all with a Shannon Badour and Alexis Bellino like inject it in my veins. I want everything about it. I want to hear everything, and like even like the image of Shannon Meador. I mean, it's not do you uys aren't funny? But her blowing in that like retalizer with the dog staring at her because she got an accident with her dog, Like it's just fantastic. So I'm again, do you uys aren't fantastic? But it's it looks like it's a funny image. So I just I don't know. I just feel like New Jersey needs. I don't know what they need. You're the EP, I mean, what do you say? But I don't like it anymore. And again I really like the women, like I'm I really likesa. I really like Melissa Gorgat Danielle I've told you I really like her. I like Jennifer like I do like them. It's just for whatever reason, sometimes like everything comes together and it doesn't make a good omelet. And I don't know why, And it's not making a good omelet right now.
Speaker 2: No, it's not because for a good omelet you need the right amount of cheet you need mazzralla.
Speaker 1: Is it chatter right?
Speaker 2: You need some green peppers or is it red pepper? Do you need black pepper or do you need like asian? You need the right mix. And I do agree with you in terms of like there's some people on the cast that are redeemable, but then you have some to wear. It's like this dark cloud that is hovering over the show. And it used to be something to where you understood the complexities of the family dynamics, which which made Jerseys separate from the other franchises. Right it was family unit, family drama, the Italian American in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: But Honey, nowadays it's sort.
Speaker 2: Of like literally the Godfather, you know, it's good Fellas of the show. It's it's sort of like somebody has a target on their back, somebody's being marked, somebody's a rat. It's like did freaking like Martin Square Sacy like direct.
Speaker 1: This season because it's giving.
Speaker 2: Mob wives teas and that's not what used to be enjoyable about the show because listen the old days of Jersey, because I did seasons one and two and I remember it was sort of like this call to action to like give this franchise something new and different, and Bravo, who's one of the best in the business. They were so brilliant in terms of like, let's kind of like poke fun at this a little bit by making it a family show, but kind of like.
Speaker 1: The Godfather too, and right, and we all thought we.
Speaker 2: All thought Caroline Manzo was sort of like the Godmother, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and even though she speaks, it's like a little lower and.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was sort of like your thin is the you know, who is this badass? And she was weirdly enough the voice of reason. And I think, what's happening this season? And I'll get into this recent episode. I cannot wait to update you, honeyway happened?
Speaker 3: Okay, but I feel bad I didn't watch.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, You're got It's better you didn't because I get to get your natural reaction. So no, it's something better. There's no voice of reason there. There isn't a voice of reason, and I think that's what's missing. And I think that's what's needed. And when you learned that the reunion was canceled, I know what message did that send for you as a viewer.
Speaker 3: Look, reunions from my understanding, which again you would know this is better than me. But they get paid a lot to do it. It's like a big paycheck for them.
Speaker 2: You get paid three two to three episode old in total for that one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And it's also like I really look forward to the reunions, like I normally like when there's a big reunion for a big show out, like I'll be like, make Ben take the girls so I can just like sit and watch in quiet and focus on it. I love reunions. He hates them, by the way. He's like, I'll never watch another reunion. I made him watch them during COVID. I'll never forget. But I just feel like having it canceled altogether, to me, sounds like reboot. It sounds like cancelation. It sounds like also punishment to the ladies that like, you didn't do your fucking jobs, so we're not We're now not going to give you a reunion. I think it's a very very bad sign. I would have watched it had it come out, Obviously, I do end up watching the episodes. I'm just not like it's not like Musty in the moment live viewing the way like OC will definitely be like on my Google calendar, like I have to watch in the night, like whatever. But I think it's a really bad sign and I think it's really disappointing. And I also think that, like, you know, for me, it's like we all have families. Everybody who has a family drama comes with families. I have six brothers and sisters. Somebody's always fighting, like there's always some kind of drama. It's normal. But I can't imagine being in a position where something happened where I just never spoke to my family again that I never like, life is so short. And I think there's something very like actually kind of dark and tragic about the Teresa Melissa Joe Louis situation. And I think that's also for me. I was trying to think about it, like why I don't like it so much, and I think part of it it's like it's just very dark. But I think it's a horror To go back for a question, I think it's a really horrible sign that their reunion was canceled.
Speaker 1: What about you, Yeah, now, listen it's honey.
Speaker 2: What is so interesting about all of this is the fact that we all said last season that something has to give.
Speaker 1: We all called out for it, we.
Speaker 2: Tweeted about it, we talk about it on each other respective podcast. It was something that was so obvious that this show cannot move forward with Melissa and Teresa being the same on the same show, especially when it was so obvious that this is the worst it's been and they're not going to talk to each other. And spoiler alert, Megan, you may not know this or you may know this, they do not speak to each other at all this season. Like finale, they do not say a word to each other. I felt like last season there should have been a reboot this season. What I think is happening is, look, nobody wants to sort of showcase that we're favoring one person or the other. If you choose Teresa, the Melissa fans will say, you, guys, favorite Teresa. If you choose Melissa, the tree huggers, which, by the way, Megan, I've already to go out at the jayl fans do not go after the Trea.
Speaker 3: I just on a side note, I'm in so much trouble for talking shit with you on my last podcast. It's like all over the internet, even like my friends who don't pay attention to stuff are like, why are you fighting with Jalo, And I'm like.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I just talked too much. As Carlos. I was like, I feel like I'm just talking shooting this ship with you, my son. Thousands of people are gonna listen. Oh wait, sorry, I mean, look, you're.
Speaker 1: Talking more, man, I mean, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: Oh no, but I feel bad now. I feel like I can probably ruined Jlo's date. I mean to or you know, maybe.
Speaker 1: I have said that on our podcast.
Speaker 2: Guys, if you haven't listened, go to Citnis in McCaine and then listen to the episode.
Speaker 1: I like to make sure people get the full story.
Speaker 2: You even said on our episode, though, Maggot, I don't want it to appear that I'm like yeah.
Speaker 3: But that being said, I think Jlo she could use some new, a new PR person. I do think like she could use a younger person help, or just a someone with a fresh vision of her career working with her right now.
Speaker 2: Do you think, Well, you were on the Watch What Happens Live recently with Melissa Gorgo?
Speaker 1: How was your experience with Melissa?
Speaker 2: Because the thing is this, I've never met Melissa in person. How is Melissa Gorgo like our audience really wants to know, like give us the tea, Sister.
Speaker 3: I've actually been on Watch What Happens Live with her more than once. She was Actually when I was on Watch Happens Live before the pandemic hit, she was like the person like that. The live show I did was with her as well, so it was funny. I haven't gone on in person since the pandemic, so I have to say, first of all, she is speaking of j Lo. I told her, you look like j Lo to me, like, she's just there's not a blemish on that woman's body. She's forty five, because she told me, And she's just, I mean, stunning. I don't know what these women are doing in New Jersey, but I don't look like Melissa.
Speaker 1: She's gorgeous. Yes.
Speaker 3: In fact, this is so funny. I'll tell you this. I put pictures on my Instagram up afterward, and my brother who is in the army and is deployed right now, who like hardly ever checks his phone and never messages me. They can only do it like at certain times. And he texted me and he goes who it said, she's so hot, and I told him Melissa. I went back because she demed her and I was like, just FYI, you made my brother's day.
Speaker 1: I love that for Melissa. So on the podcast, I call her Melissa Lopez. So this is good. This is good.
Speaker 3: She does look like they really do look like they could be sisters or something. But she's lovely. I mean, she's been beyond nice to me, like a very pleasant like kind like when I met her before, I had the same experience. She's really I really like her. I think she's really nice and really I had a very pleasant experience with her, not like because I said j Low, she's lovely, Like we didn't talk about anything like really with the show. It was just like her family. I think she was taking a trip to Greece or something right after that, and we talked about like kids stuff like boring mom stuff. But she's no. I really like her a lot. But I've also met Teresa and I really liked her a lot. So what are you what are you gonna do. I don't want to choose a fighter in this I want everybody to get along and make great TV. Like that's what I want, you know. Yeah, but she's a really nice person.
Speaker 1: Now that's good.
Speaker 2: No. I know people who know her too, and they all have said she's very nice. And listen, I have said in nausea, I'm on this show. I think she's a very, very beautiful woman. And she's a great mom. Yes, she's a really great mom, and she did a good job raising her children. So again, I think she's fantastic. What has happened in this season, though, Megan, is the fact that Jackie Goldschneider.
Speaker 1: Is she's back. By the way, did you think she was boring?
Speaker 3: You know? I again, I like these women seem nice. Yeah, I don't want to always and there's not against Melissa, but like I like crazy, you know, I like drama, Like I like eccentric people in life and on television, and Jackie seems like a girl. I'd go, like, you know whatever, have lunch with and like we go shopping and that's great. But I like a little bit of like a psycho bitch TV. And I'm really na gidding it with these people. And I say that like respectfully, but like, you know, like everybody's got a little bit of crazy, like the great reality stars, like the truly great ones. There's there's like a twang of crazy in it because you have to be crazy to have your life films in that way and like, you know, live your life in this fish bowl in this way. So again, I think she seems like a perfectly nice person. I'm just surprised she's back. It seems like bringing up drama for the show, like like what she kind of didn't really do when.
Speaker 2: She was on before, Well that was the thing so obviously when she was on the show full time because she's a friend of you know now, it was like Jackie versus Teresa. What's been happening this season though, Megan is Jackie and Teresa are friends, and Jackie, who used to be like close friends with Melissa and Margaret, she's sort of distancing herself away from that collective, and Melissa has caught her out recently saying this is on the show last week saying that why are you defending Teresa? Teresa also somebody who tried to bring your marriage and all these things and Jackie said, Melissa, I see.
Speaker 1: What you're doing.
Speaker 2: You're trying to take me backwards. Me and Teresa have moved on. I see what you're doing. I'm not falling for it. So it did appear to be this sort of like alliance that was forming with the show. Now it appears that Jackie is team Teresa and team Jennifer Aiden.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have said that.
Speaker 2: Jackie is doing this because she's trying to make herself relevant by doing the total opposite of what's expected of her in order to have staying power on the show.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, I think, and I think it's just her behavior switching. It's almost sometimes like reality stars when they're demoted, because I think like Countess Luanne was a friend of for she was. Yeah, Like there's definitely when you're demoted a friend of like sometimes you know, you're trying to get back on with the airtime and trying to like be a big look you and I know better than anybody like that red light and camera and being on TV is like it's heroin to some people. It's not to me, thank god, but like to some people it is. It is the thing that gets them going in the morning. It's the only thing that matters. And I think, once you've had it, and then you don't have it again. I know, even just like for me going from like being on TV every day for like almost eight years and including other shows I hosted before I coosed de View, and then coming off of it, there isn't a dream and like rush that you have to like go let go of. So I think, like maybe Jackie just misses it and wants to, like, you know, I don't know, be on the show again.
Speaker 2: You know what's so interesting is because I've always compared the View to the Real Housewives, right.
Speaker 3: I think, I think, yes, And you need villains.
Speaker 1: For the people at the bag.
Speaker 3: You need a foil Oh my god, kiss, Someone responded relate to like villains on Housewives. I'm always like, get up, break, somebody's gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Someone please Meghan Rosie Elizabeth Hasselback be pleased.
Speaker 1: I mean, is that too much for a girl to ask for? I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I've always said the View to me was like the Real Housewives in the sense, uh you had what we call the the archetype, the girl next door, Sarah Haynes Roy you know the book smart person. In this case, that would be Sunny Houston. And then at one point I was Starr Jones, you sort of and then.
Speaker 1: You have your Queen Bee.
Speaker 2: You know, it was Rosie one point Mayor de Vieira now woo be Goberg.
Speaker 1: And then you had your bill it Meggan.
Speaker 2: McKay, Elizabeth Assa back and again Rosie o'donald. So what was interesting is what I love about you because again I'm going someplace with this rain drop, so keep up.
Speaker 1: Is I'm making a point here.
Speaker 2: When a housewife either leaves the show or gets demoted, there is this sort of thirst of I missed the cameras, I missed the I missed the action.
Speaker 1: I want to get involved in it more.
Speaker 2: Even when they quit, they still have this this need to like get back there. What I appreciate about you is the moment you quit the view, you weren't thirsty to get back on TV, because I remember talking to you and You're like, I got so many offers for me and ban your husband to do a show. And I remember telling you, Megan, I would watch that like every fucking day, like that's my morning, Joe, Like you give me that girl.
Speaker 1: I would watch it.
Speaker 3: I still want us to do that, like to do like a and I like Joe and Meek. I'm friends with them on Morning Joe, but like they want us to do like the conservative version of that. And let me tell you, like An and Night's politics don't align completely and be like it would my marriage. I went roun my marriage because both of us are like workhorses, and I would be like we would fight so much, and then I have a hard time disconnecting and not making things personal. That's just me, like and like, don't be mean to me, like even on air, off air, so it would never work. But yeah, I don't. I don't really like it sounds. I'm doing this podcast it's film, but we only have to tape once a week all day, which is really nice. And I actually don't love being on TV the way a lot of people do. And I what saved me is having being the you know, Neppo baby, being around cameras my entire life in one way or another. It's not as special to me like it's It wasn't as exciting and I just I don't know, I don't. I don't miss it. Maybe I should, I don't know. I also just like hate all the like shit you have to do with bring you on camera, like the hair, the makeup of clothes, the like spanks, the bu But like I just I'm so trashy.
Speaker 4: I just like, like not hav anywear makeup, So I just don't want.
Speaker 3: To do it anymore.
Speaker 1: Crack me up.
Speaker 2: One thing I will say is we all miss the hairstyles you have fun with doing COVID.
Speaker 3: Hey, Carmen my amazing hair stylist by the way, who still does my hair today and she does my makeup too. She does both. She is like a true genius, like Diamond in the Rough hair in DC, and she's like the most creative person I ever worked with. And people gave her shit for working with me, and she never cared, which is really like, I applaud her that she never she has never cared at all, which is really nice.
Speaker 2: No, we love you, we love you, we love you. So what advice would you give? Because the thing is this what's happening on reality TV, especially as we're seeing with Jersey. Jackie liked you like you said, she seems so sweet. I kind of agree with you too, Like listen, I like Jackie a lot, But it does appear this switch and alliance is to get airtime, and a lot of people like Vicky Galveston, who is desperately trying to get back as a full time housewife on BOC. It's hard for someone to have the lights, camera action and then either walk away from it or they get pushed out of it. What did you What advice would you give someone who either walked away from a big reality show or was dismissed who may we miss it? But it doesn't mean you have to thirst four because you will then lose a sense of yourself.
Speaker 3: You know. It's it's interesting because for me, like I had to go really radio silent for a long time where I was just like not really talking to anybody like in like and I just been like in media circles because I was like, I just need time to myself. This sounds very dramatic, but when my dad ran for president and lost, he went to Sedona and then was like, you know, made us all be like grateful for the experience and grateful that even had you know, he's one of like whatever twenty people. I'm sorry, there's more than that, like one hundred something people in history that could have been president. And then he didn't feel sorry for himself and he focused on something else and moved on. And I actually use that model like I went to Sedona, I didn't feel sorry for myself. I focused on something else and I moved on, and what I focused on was kids, my kids. And then at the time I was writing for the Daily Mail and just start focusing like on strict politics again like my work that's just in like the meat and potatoes, clean cut political space. And I think you just have to focus on something else and trust your judgment that it wasn't right for you or things come and go for a reason. And I mean this sincerely, Like had I would never have survived this era of the view. Just like on a personal level, I love getting to work with people that I love and that I'm friends with and we have great connections with and like laughing through your work all day is what makes life so important. And I could never be in a space right now, especially because I'm a mother now where I'm not miserable all the time and you just feel like lonely, like life's too short. I'm almost forty. I'll be forty in October. Like I don't want to live like that, and you know, it just it's just not for me. Like I also feel like it'll never be like take try and take it as like a chapter in your life, like if you're a reality TV star and you move on, or you're on the view and you move on, like try and take it for what it is and then move on. And I don't know, but it's I know people who have left many different things and if that's like you know whatever, running for president and losing other candidates who never became the nominee, or people who had big jobs and got canceled or fired like yet you know, like me, they have a very hard time with life post camera. Like I've seen it a million times. And I actually talked to Brian Stilter, who is a CNN reporter about this when he came on my podcast about I love him. Yeah, he's great and he's very smart, and he was fired from CNN, and he talked about how he felt like he was worried he was addicted to the red light, that he was addicted to the camera, and he was addicted to being on TV and he had to sort of like wean himself off as well. So I think it's a true addiction, being addicted to being on TV.
Speaker 1: That is so fascinating.
Speaker 2: It really is, because it brings me to John Fuda, who I think is addicted.
Speaker 1: That man speaking of addiction.
Speaker 2: On television, John Fiuda, I like you save.
Speaker 1: Me the mean tweets. I'm teasing, no but all josephs igh.
Speaker 2: The alleged biggest truck dealer, wasn't it Burgen County?
Speaker 1: I think is hilarious by the way they were like.
Speaker 3: He just put like sold pot once or something. I don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: No see so SnO. So that's what he said.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this past episode backet John and his wife Rachel.
Speaker 1: They have a double date with Teresa and Louis.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Teresa, get this honey. To Teresa's credit, she apologized. She said, look, if you thought what I called you the biggest drug dealer in Bergen County that I was talking about currently, I'm sorry. I wasn't talking about currently. I was talking which is a which is kind of a back end compliment.
Speaker 1: I was not talking about currently.
Speaker 2: I was talking about things I was told that happened in the past, right, And he said.
Speaker 3: I interrupted about Teresa. I always feel like she's apologizing, but she shows shade row shade, remember, and she was like, you didn't call me, she didn't call you a raccoon face. She was talking about Kathy. Yeah. Where He's like, that's not.
Speaker 4: You're apologizing, Shane.
Speaker 3: Is someone else? This is like old school.
Speaker 4: And she called Kathy, I'm sorry, honey, it's Teresa isums you know.
Speaker 2: That's so she's like, call you walk currently It's like, well, Teresa, I don't think he's.
Speaker 1: Saying he was whatever, boo boo, but well we'll take it.
Speaker 3: So apology no.
Speaker 2: So this was the thing that was so fascinating Megan. So first of all, it was a i'll call a double day. It was a two men, two men, husband wife. The only two people talking the entire time was Teresa and John Fuda. Rachel could not get a word in edgewise because John is Jane. He is the real housewife in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: He took the purse strings from Joe Gorga and decided to like lay it on the table because he really wants to be like the star of the show.
Speaker 1: So he's like, I wasn't a drug dealer. I sold pot.
Speaker 2: And that was back in the day and he said, I'm not accepting your apology. You you need to continue apologizing, And it was sort of like John, Dear John Feuda, why are you feuding with this woman across from you when her husband is sitting next to you? And I don't know, call me old school Meggan mcambe, I would love to get your thoughts. I just think it's weird to have a ferocious conversation with a woman across from you when her husband is sitting next to her. And I feel like addressed the husband with that venom and not necessarily the wife.
Speaker 1: And I thought that John was trying to get a moment out of Teresa.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, and I would not come for Teresa. I think she's a reality TV legend and she's been on TV for what like almost twenty years? I mean, how long has she been beat like a I mean, I've been watching Teresa on television since I was like in college. I mean, and again I'm almost forty, Like, I mean, she's a I would go so far as to say Teresa's an American treasure. I love Teresa. I really they could film her until I'm eighty and I'll continue to watch it. I don't really know. I don't watch the fight, but I will. I don't know what John Fuda is doing. And I also do the de agree it's disrespectful with Louie sitting there and then probably uncomfortable for Rachel, but he does seem like he's loving being on TV and again like great love being on TV. Like know your rank too, you know you're going for the queen. I'm just saying she's Theresa is one of the greats ever, like not just housewives, but like great television people, like of all time. And I think her statements when she's like I've given birth, I've gone to jail, I've buried my children, or I'm sorry, I buried my parents, like all the things that she said she's done on TV, like she lays it out there. She does not hide some of these housewives that we've talked about in the past, like and Beverly Hills and whatever that I have to read on the seventy Bravo Instagram accounts I follow get my UNI and they're not being honest. Like I'm fucking over it. I am over it. Hear me. Now, Carlo is King, if you are not gonna be a reality TV star showing me your entire life. Don't be a reality TV star. What's the point. If you're gonna be like guarded and only want to show safe things, then I'm I don't think you deserve your your your what Jersey doesn't hold anything. I was gonna say, I don't know what you don't hold your I don't deserve her, but they don't hold the thing.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I could not agree with you more listening, and I yes, I'm biased because I worked with her before and she is a legend. She's an icon, but she's not mediocre. And if she was mediocre, I would like her and love her still, but I wouldn't be going hard for her as I do now. I think the issue that I have with John is, Look, I appreciated last week's episode where Rachel stood up to Teresa. I was like, no, you know, I mean she was throwing digs, which I was like, again, it's a sport, and I like a sport. I'm not too sure I want to see this sport between John and Teresa to this degree because John Fieuda then Megan McCain, he proceeds to do the housewife thing, which is he got up on the table and walked away.
Speaker 3: Don't shouldn't do that? No, no, I also grow up, you're a man. Come on, like not to be like whatever, but come on, ridiculous right No?
Speaker 2: He he got up from his chair, honey and stormed out of there and was calling her out of her name, like, but not out of her name. I want to be very clear. He was throwing digs at her as he. I just again, for me, it was the typical housewife playbook that I expect an actual housewife to do or a thirsty demoted friend of to do in order to get relevance back on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again, that's not really that. I mean, thank you for giving me the rundown, but that doesn't sound like the most compelling episode of New Jersey I've ever walked, Theresa, I always want prostitution wor nineteen times engaged like you know, the classic table flip crazy like that's how you gotta love this stuff. I mean, it's so wild, you know, I don't know. That's why I really want them to bring back real house Lives of DC. I still think that's like, I know, we have Potomaca. It looks wonderful, but like, I would love a DC reboot if it's possible.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Real Housewives of DC like fans that's in the universe of Bravo, because I would love to see a political adjacent right real Housewives show only because of the times that we're in. And I tell people this all the time. For the longest time, I got my political news from the View because it was met with entertainment and conversation and let's be real here at some arguments, so.
Speaker 1: It fed me everything.
Speaker 2: I would rather get my news from the View than watching Anderson Cooper talk about it on Andy three sixty like I was. I was way more into, like I need to know what they're talking about. So a Real Housewives of DC where it's political adjacent.
Speaker 1: I think will be dope.
Speaker 2: But I would need for you to be the first multiplier of Megan McCain and the Queen Bee of the show.
Speaker 1: Would you ever consider it?
Speaker 3: No, I told you, I haven't offered so many reality TVs stuff before, and I just like, I'm not. I'm not as crazy as people think, Like, just because I've bought a lot on the View about like politics, that's very different than throwing tables I'm actually like pretty mellow in person, but I know some people that are good and if they didn't do Real Housewives of DC, I do think I actually have, Like I pitched this and no one was interested, but a reality show about Hill staffers living together kind of like the real world, but they have to be like ones, you know whatever. Marjorie Tayler Green's like you know, interners. One is like you know whatever, Jamal Bowman like like anyone. So it's like left and right being forced to like co exist together. But I am told that politics people are like rejecting politics and only want to have much like me. I guess be like you know, messy drama that's more entertaining and less political. So I don't know, we'll see, but there's a lot of good franchises come back. I also think Real Housewmes of Scottsdale is an untapped like would be an on top market as well, because scott sails like lots of money, lots of like tech money, lots of athletes, lots of like musicians. There's a lot of like musicians that live there, and I think like there's like an un top show in that too.
Speaker 1: Did I ever tell you this. I think I told you this. I pitched a scott Stale show years ago. No, I didn't tell you this.
Speaker 2: No, so exclusive for the rain drops and Megan apparently Okay, this is Girl twoenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Okay, I found a group of high because Scottsdale.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of like rich people in Scottsdale, Arizona, and they're gorgeous and it's and it's different degrees of like professions there that I was like, Oh, I didn't know, like we had like a baseball why we had somebody in the tech industry.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was very much diverse in terms of like their profession.
Speaker 2: Long story short, found this amazing group of women friends as well, and pitched the show.
Speaker 1: No one bought it.
Speaker 3: That surprises me.
Speaker 2: I know now, granted this is twenty seventeen, but Girl, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm really actually shocked by that. I think you could revisit that. Honestly, there's a lot of money in Scottsdale, like a lot. It's like Beverly Hills in the desert. Trust me, that's always the one I wish that would come because I would love it. But you know, I guess we're just gonna have to stick with Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: And with no Monica.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I really like Monica. I like I really. When I went on watch Herabin's Life, I said it was a mistake to leave her, to have her not come back. I like her. I think she's really messy. She's what I want, a reality star again. Do I want her like, you know, like talking to me about the election?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't. Do I want her like you know, doing serious things.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Is she a perfect reality star? Yes? And I know that people are like, you know, how could they film with her? Whatever? I bet And I have nothing to back this up other than my own instincts. This upcoming season of Saltlic City will be disappointing without her.
Speaker 1: I can just feel it, Honey, call me the Jacksons. Can you feel it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Can you feel it in the air? Like I'm with you?
Speaker 2: And this has nothing to do with like this sort of you know where stands a Monica? Look, I'm somebody. I literally have this conversation recently with somebody. I am able to separate your bad behavior in terms of what you did versus like what's good television? Again, if I look at bad behavior about like, is it an offense that you can get arrested for?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? And spend time in jail?
Speaker 2: Like to that degree, it's like, Okay, that's a little too much pretending to be someone's friend and to extract information from them and to be a part of a blog.
Speaker 1: To me, Megan McCain is not the worst thing world.
Speaker 3: No, it's not Jen Shaw. She didn't steal from old elderly people and go to jail, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, no, precisely, precisely.
Speaker 2: So for me, it's sort of like, look, anyways, girl, I'm with you. I definitely think that the Real House Squatters saw Like City next season.
Speaker 1: It's going to be disappointing.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard too much about it, which may not be the greatest thing, because you at least want to hear something.
Speaker 3: I have to talk to you about this. Do you believe it's Kenya Moore stuff that just came out? But I don't know if your friends there or whatever, but that I'm definitely watching this new Atlanta. And I told you I had taken a beat for a few seasons, just like it was too much cash shake up. I love the ogs. I really wanted Phaeder to come back, like, you know, I want Needy to come back. I'm sure that's not possible given their legal stuff or whatever. But I love Kenya Moore. But I just read this thing that she apparently like did something with revenge porn or allegedly don't sue me. I don't know. It's just what people are chattering about on Instagram, and I was like, I don't know what that is, but it sounds insane and I'll certainly be watching when it airs well that thing.
Speaker 1: No, So again, I don't know much.
Speaker 2: I need to put on my Scooby Doo hat and cop in my Scooby Doo ban and get the tea girl. But it's one of those things where we want to know what's going on, we want to know what's happening. And I do think this this. I don't think anybody watches reality reality television to be the morality police, like it's it's sort of like when outlandish things occur, people watch.
Speaker 1: Again, I said this to you before, Megan. I stopped watching Down the Pump Rules years ago.
Speaker 2: I just stopped watching it until this scandalal thing happened. I'm like, wait, what the fuck is what and then I started watching it again. Even when you talk about the Real housewats of DC when when that I'm forgetting their last names, but thank you when they.
Speaker 1: Crash the White House Girl.
Speaker 3: So pictures with our President, That's.
Speaker 2: What I guess what I waited until, like that episode air to be like, that's the kind of stuff we want to see. It's sort of like this very entertaining mess on the worst of your good friend Erica Jane, a pretty mess.
Speaker 1: We like to see a pretty mess.
Speaker 2: We like to be able to see something that isn't so like dark and there is a fine line between darkness and like messy entertainment that we love to see. And again, no one's watching these shows to take notes on how to raise your families, Like.
Speaker 1: We're not We're good totally, We're good there.
Speaker 2: We have great parents, grandparents, and we have twenty five seasons of the Upper Winfrey Show to watch and learn something from those seasons. But we're watching reality televisionally gets a mess. So the thing with the Real House of Watching New Jersey. Final thought, Megan, sure, are you going to continue watching this season or it depends on your mood week by week.
Speaker 3: I will keep watching just because like I watch them, but like I said, it's not appointment television to me right now, which honestly makes me really sad because you know, we look as much as it's like, I think pop culture is really important, and I think it's really valuable, and I think entertainers and entertainment is extremely important, especially like in this moment in American life, which is very polarized and very dark and very heavy, and so I love good reality TV and I'm just really disappointed that the show isn't you know what I want. I love, like, you know, the New Jersey to me was like the one that really the force multiplier to use yours, like the one who really upped the ante. Like when it came in, it was like so strong for so long, so many seasons, so many iconic moments, and to see it turn into this is like not great. I do hope that everyone involved with the show can listen to the fans and just know, like, I don't know what the change should be. I'm not a reality TV producer, but I think that a change needs to happen. I don't know what that looks like. But it can't go on like this. It can't go on with Melissa and Teresa being the two giant stars of the show not speaking to each other ever. And also, like I said, there's a part of it that makes me uncomfortable, which it's okay to make me uncomfortable and like cringe, oh my god, like I need to text Carlos. Way, it's another to make me uncomfortable that it makes me just sad for their family. And I think it's the part with the kids, like when they did the baseball game and like the cousins they're like it was like Melissa was telling her son like say, hiding her aunt, and like it was just uncomfortable. And I don't like the watching that, So that's a big feeling. But of course I'll still watch. I always watch. I even fucking watch Dubai. I mean, I'll watch watch, and I don't like Dubai. It's terrible so far. Except for Chanel. She's the good one, right, Like I like her. She's the one that another Azba be basic one. I love her, but it's not Dubai really was not the you know, it's not really where I would like my reality television to be. I don't even remember some of the casts of hers name, So I'm gonna keep wanting New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I love me now, you see why me and Megan our friends, because she is my kind of mess. Megan, please let the world know about your podcast and and and talk to them though about what to expect from the podcast, because you definitely talk about different topics as like the politics, entertainment. And again, I'm not on her podcast, guys to talk about what's happening with Trump and Biden. I'm talking about the reality mess. So that's why her podcast is so great. But I have Megan talk to you guys about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called Citizen McCain and you come on because we talk about pop culture and reality TV a lot too, because we just talk about what I'm interested in. But it is political in some ways, well I guess in a lot of ways. But we have people from all sides come on and really just try and you know, like talk out, you know, all the craziness that's happening in the world and the crazy awful election that is the least popular election of my lifetime that I can remember, so you know, but I'm having fun doing it. Look, anybody you have a hit, amazing podcast. It's so successful. It is so much work. Never let anyone like ever undermine anyone doing a podcast. It is a grind and it's so much work. And I really respect what you've built now too, because you have like incredible guests, and I listen to your podcast all the time, and you know, you just make so much news with so many different people, and I love it. I mean, you know, you do such an incredible work, and everybody loves you, Carlos. I don't know what that feels like that everybody loves that love you. I may love your show, you.
Speaker 2: Know, there's a couple of small groups of people, you know, who are the opposite of that. But now listen, you know I endure you, I love you, and I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: Such a chapping for you and anytime I'm.
Speaker 2: Able to let the world know the Megan that I know like just fun and vibrant and silly and just like You're my type of girl.
Speaker 1: And I'm always happy when you have me on.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that you are on Reality with the King again and we will have many many more episodes together.
Speaker 3: Thank you and thank you. I love you and thank you for having me. And yeah, I'm just so happy to be back.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for listening to Reality but the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby my expressions yet and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby h