Speaker 1: The most unique NBA podcast is out on Odyssey. Peak Check with Trista Creek is funnier, edgier, and more insightful than wherever you're getting your NBA entertainment from.
Speaker 2: Fire, Absolute fire. Anyone who can put four carrot diamonds all around his suit, plastered on and so on. This man knew he was going number one.
Speaker 1: Hilario's insights, incredible interview and opinions. Others don't have the courage to say. Peak Check with Trista Criik can be found on the Odyssey and wherever you get your favorite podcast.
Speaker 2: So this question was out of left field, no segue, there was no connection to him or the Clippers or anything. I just wanted to know it. How do you build a roster around Lebron James? If it's you, Jerry West, and all you have is Lebron, what do you do? How do you best set him up for success? How do you build around him in a way that makes your team more likely to win a championship but also accentuates what makes Lebron's so great? Pretty simple? Awesome stuff from Jerry. I'm curious about Lebron and him as a style of player, obviously dominant.
Speaker 3: That's been said.
Speaker 4: But if you have Lebron on your team and no one else, what do you think is the best way to build a roster around someone like him or him specifically.
Speaker 5: Again, yeah, if you look at him, if it makes him to even more, he's already missed his game to call them he's one of the smartest players have never player in that game.
Speaker 3: I think he's better with an open court. I would try to have a team that shooting. If you run, people can run, and that's flames that you play. It's he can attack and.
Speaker 5: Rail and he's going to pick out people.
Speaker 3: On the run. That's beams really dominant.
Speaker 5: And sometimes when you get involved down in a half foot, if you have another player playing with him and you know, let's say you're because he's so worthily.
Speaker 3: The movie on other players.
Speaker 5: You're playing up front when you win, I think that's coach him a little bit.
Speaker 2: You think you would be better in the block?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, yes, right now, heats fates and say because the size and he passes ability.
Speaker 3: He's one of the three greatest players in the player. He's gonna have frontal figures.
Speaker 5: He's gonna break every record in this layer and he's someone that greatly.
Speaker 3: Am pachure I do. Uh, it's hard to do what he's done. But he cares about the winning, cares about winning.
Speaker 5: Who's rhythm to take care of himself when you ever hear anything bad about him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, him is a constant.
Speaker 2: But it's guys not necessarily point guards because he plays that, but combo guards that can shoot the three and also.
Speaker 4: Handle and pass and kind of kind.
Speaker 2: Of that's that long, versatile defender that you guys like that the Toronto likes somebody challenge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a challenge because the problem is with the team of him, they're usually.
Speaker 3: Drafting very low.
Speaker 5: Yes, right, they don't get in an area that they can find on him players.
Speaker 3: If it doesn't have to be in the top ten.
Speaker 5: There can be little bit later than the half or any second round they might find a player like that.
Speaker 3: Uh and hopefully that will that will happen because it's just a dif roy there. Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Rosters with him on it look different than other rosters that people construct just because of all the unique things that he can do.
Speaker 5: Well, you put you know, you put him with players that are where he didn't Every night just has it, doesn't have it a scoring row.
Speaker 3: He knows a lot better than well. And people don't realize how wearing and how dependent the people that come and go. They just take him granted. And so he does it every night and he's you need but some might some heights. How hard you try to screw it some nights you just can't. You can't make the shots if you normally make. And he's only been to score because he's gonna dwell files and get into three fo mine.
Speaker 5: But he's a player that he really breted me and he's been brilliant and.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Christi, he's had he's had to say, he's been breaking all the records.
Speaker 5: He's been there for a number of Yeargan, that's amazing tribut if to notts played, but.
Speaker 3: You're doing willing.
Speaker 2: The thing about this clip that was so interesting, not only in the fact that the Clippers weakness was passing last year and that was the admission, is that when describing John Wall, Jerry says that John Wall is a great guy, but his reputation around those who cover the league is not that he has been known to be someone that pundits take shots at for being too self focused or who knows. So I wanted to get at why John Wall was such a polarizing figure. And another thing that came out of this process though, was a little nugget and what the Clippers vetting process was like in acquiring a player like john and how he also thinks the Clippers are the deepest team in the league and he wouldn't trade it for anybody else. John Wall one of the biggest I would say pickups, one of the most interesting pickups that took forever in the day to actually come to fruition. A lot of people, I think thought that deal would get done or that move would get made last year.
Speaker 4: What does he bring to the team, Well, he.
Speaker 5: Fans another guy that looked like to play basketball. He can get into the lane you find our three point shooters.
Speaker 3: It's called the weakness in our team last year.
Speaker 5: Passing he would give us in that grade and being able to attack with the basket.
Speaker 3: And he's a good guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, he loves to play and we're just hoping that he can stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Watching him work out, he looked fantastic. Great Jay he's.
Speaker 5: Bringing who's been looking out out a year. That would be a pretty good vacation to make that.
Speaker 3: Kind of money and not get a chance to play. I would have liked it much. It would have been probably forty four thousand.
Speaker 2: You mentioned great guy, and he's a polarizing figure too. There's been people who have said things about him and I don't know that they necessarily know him. Well, why do you think there's this, like, I don't know, disparity in terms of the opinion on him as a as a guy.
Speaker 5: You know what, I don't see it any people the same thing and what you got and maybe not been clear the rumor from.
Speaker 3: An unknown silists we see all the found it. I always they would identify the Solson. Sometimes it just has not. That's not who he is. Who we've seen that Slayers really like him. A lot of our players know him.
Speaker 5: And so with a player comes somewhere, you know, you re checked the players and protect he wanted to know him and h.
Speaker 6: While we've heard of the good things and all I can go and say, just what your I see that that moment is how you know know about and who's just and then you're really good.
Speaker 3: For us right now. So it's not the start of the season. We will we will see one twenty games starts because this is a powerful thing. The flipper is a powerful thing. The note from one to threent thing.
Speaker 5: I did not play just it's the team for anything that they That doesn't mean we're the best team, but I would not play for anything.
Speaker 2: You think they're the deepest team.
Speaker 3: That's why I say one three third thing, Ye, yes, yeah,