Speaker 1: Coming off find a Get Loud podcast. We're talking about a dub against the Giant.
Speaker 2: Yes, a win at Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 1: We'll start, Oh, good vibes in Northwest.
Speaker 2: Stadium and great vibes in Northwest State.
Speaker 1: We'll start talking about the defense at RAM Weinstein is gonna be here. We're talking about the voice. Yes, I'm gonna watch the Commanders. And then.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk to Mississippians, famous Mississippians.
Speaker 1: And a certain city by the name. Hey, no, guys, it is to Get Loud podcasts, smooth jigs.
Speaker 3: Finally, yeah, finally got that win of a new era, the first win of a new era.
Speaker 1: And it felt good at Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 3: If the sun was shiningulating it, I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: The fans was there, the energy was there, and.
Speaker 3: It just feels like just truly good omens over there right now.
Speaker 1: And you know what when I say that, you know they put millions of dollars into the stadium. They really have put millions of the scene. And you can see it from driving up to especially being inside. I was walking around like that's a new coat of paint. Yeah, that new food. You know what I mean? It does I understand the facility is the facility, but it does look a lot.
Speaker 3: But come on, all of us then had a house that was like this house still got good bones. I am going to redo this house and updated. That's what happened to the stadium, man, like you got self checkouts, like they heard what the fans said, like this is too long, this is too long.
Speaker 1: I don't like this parking lot.
Speaker 3: And they're trying, and that's all you can act, Like that's all you can act. Somebody tried. The house looks a lot better. I thought the team looked better. First game we went on the road, played against the playoff team, it looked like it you came back home and you handle business and you beat the team and you got over aka the giant hump.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, how nice is And I understand it's a Giants.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, don't be little in there. Don't be little that because when they whooping us, it ain't no.
Speaker 1: We just went there. Coming into this game, Daniel Jones was completing seventy percent of his past yes, he had thrown ten touchdowns and three picks, so for some reason he felt good here against the Burgundy and gold. He just always showed out. So it was good to get a dub over this crew whatever was going on. Finally to get over that huge just get the elephant out the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like, no matter how good y'all are, how bad we are here in the New York Giants, here in Manhattan, we can beat y'all up anytime we.
Speaker 1: Feel like it. I voice for you by thank you. I was tired of it.
Speaker 3: And then me, myself a guy this had traumatic dreams of playing in this rivalry. I never forget just looking on the sideline and across the sideline I would see Michael's gray hand on my teeth, Tuss just sitting there smiling at me.
Speaker 2: They like destroy us, Like I.
Speaker 3: Have this pitch of sword in my head of just Michael's gray hand continuously smiling.
Speaker 1: He went smiling Sunday. Was he was he? Or was there ever a team that just like got in your head and was no reason for it. It's like we should be killing these dudes, you know what.
Speaker 3: It's just this giant battle like me and Plexico head battles on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Uh, Danny'll just run Brandon Jacobs at you. And then you got shock head and.
Speaker 3: Then on defense they had OCU and your resin tug Michael Scrahan. It was even I saw Jesse Lmstead on the sideline. You know, Jessic Carey play here, but he's fair of a giant.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's just with these guys.
Speaker 3: They they they take on the Manhattan persona of we're in New York, We're bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're better.
Speaker 1: Not Sunday You was well coming up on the show, we're gonna bringing Bram Winstein voice Commanders in his fifth season. We'll talk all about Jadon Daniels, Cliff Kingsbury, talk about b Rob and everything that went into that offensive performance. Before we get into that, I wanted to ask you just how huge it is just to get a dub. And I know it was ugly, right, but in the NFL you see a lot of ugly games. You take the dub however you can get it.
Speaker 3: Ugly steaks get eight too. Nobody cares A win is a win. Yes, ain't no such things an ugly win invision, man, Ain't no such thing.
Speaker 1: As an ugly win.
Speaker 3: We did it on the toe of our kicker. He didn't know he was going to be x to kick seven field goals. Come on the last time that happened, I think Dustin Hopkins had six, and I think Chip Low Miller, Oh, Chip Low Miller. Low Miller had five, all from fifty plus. Oh wow, So that was a day of all days. But come on your first day there and you score twenty one points.
Speaker 2: Who had him on fantasy? Probably nobody?
Speaker 1: All right, missed all those points. Clue.
Speaker 2: Now I'm saying, is I thought ugly or not?
Speaker 1: It's a win.
Speaker 3: We don't care about that. We are not into the fantasy football league. We're here for wins and losses.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: We beat a team that we hadn't beaten in three four years. That matters. Right now, we're one to oh in the division. We hadn't been one to oh in this division probably in four or five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, and you know it's crazy. It was a very odd game. Yeah, right where Austin Cybert was signed on Monday. Monday, he'd been there less than a week, and when he went to the post kam press conference, he was like, here's how you pronounce my name. Yeah it's not Siebert, Yeah it's Cyber. That's how you know. You just got there. Yeah, don't forget this.
Speaker 2: Norh Brown just got here two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: That true. He comes in in the fourth corner, makes that big play.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, that's the great thing about the NFL. You don't know when and where your numbers gonna get called. We always told this be ready. And guess what our kicker was ready. Uh, the wide receiver was ready. Title be oddish.
Speaker 2: I want to call him something so bad.
Speaker 3: Bad ass, That's what I want to call him, because when you play against Dexter Lawns, you a bad ass. Dexter Lawnce has yet to get a second of this dude when he was in the Cowboys and when he here.
Speaker 1: It's something about that battle.
Speaker 3: We finally won the battle with Dexter Lawrence and it got everything to do with title be oddish.
Speaker 1: When we found out Graham being on, we foud out early would be out for the Giants. So it clearly changed the calculus for the Giants on offense. How did it change if you're the defensive coordinator, how are you playing different?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Now I'm finna play being but don't bring defense now. I don't care about how far they drive. They can't get points after the punter tried to kick their field up.
Speaker 2: Not great, not that they was like, you know what, we have to go for two.
Speaker 3: Now it's a defensive coordinat I'm like, now fourth down matters, Like now we gotta play being but don't break. I don't need to be as aggressive because I don't want to give up the big play. I want to keep everything in front of me. And I'm telling my team we're gonna stop then when they get to the red zone. Don't you worry about nothing else. We're gonna stop them. When they get to the red zone. It changes everything. Like it's a couple times they did drive and if they had just an average kicker they getting those points. That nine points is the difference between this game. I'm sorry it changed everything.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, if all of a sudden they have a kicker, they're not playing nearly as much them. But don't break, there'll be more great.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go after them because now we need players, Like because every time you drive past the forty you got a chance for points. Now now they could drive close sh the three yard line and have to go for it on fourth Like that tells you that that's a lose lose situation. You just touched down a bus YEP touchdown a bus. How many time do people drive eighty five plus yards? Don't happen? Don't happen a lot? Touch down a bus? That now is a coordinator. I'm in a whole different phase everything.
Speaker 1: And when you talk about being aggressive on defense, that one play for Frankie Luvu and that is hit. He led them in. Leak neighbors. Who's gonna be very good? Yes, he is gonna be very good. I'm gonna give him leak neighbors.
Speaker 3: This he showed me his athletic ability is top notch. Yesterday he showed me he can get physical. He showed me he has that right wide receiver arrogance to play in this league. But I gotta say this, he had eighteen targets Sunday.
Speaker 1: I forget the record. It was like a record for rookie targets or in like his rookie season, like they looked to him constantly.
Speaker 3: Terry has never had a game with eighteen targets. I don't even think Santana has had a game with eighteen targets, targets, ten catches, one hundred and twenty two yards. It looked good on paper, the ten catches one twenty two. But as an offense, you've been right at fifty fifty percent getting the ball to him.
Speaker 1: That ain't good.
Speaker 3: Like everybody looking say, Saint Juice lost their battle, Saint Jews had three PBUs and a forced fall.
Speaker 1: Was gonna ask you about his performance because started and rough, But but Saint Juwics actually had a pretty good game. Like there were a lot yes, ye, it was a battlem back and forth, but there were times when he'd have a breakup in a critical spot.
Speaker 3: Yes, And just what I'm saying, making the play when you need to play to be made. That's a good thing about it. The other guy get paid to when you get in the boxing ring. Have you ever seen a match that the other guy never got touched? Like, yeah, you're gonna take blows, that's the thing about it. Saint Saint Juice sitting there, he took those blows and he threw some blows back, all right. Saint Juice has never been a very good intercept of the ball, but he knows how to force fumbles. There's always been his thing. And the turnover was the difference in his game. We didn't turn the ball over, Yep, they did.
Speaker 1: I think there's a real possibility that the defensive line can improve in a big way because there were times where Devin Singletary got to the second level. And we know this defensive line is better, is better than.
Speaker 3: That most And it's just like everybody else playing theirself into shape, understanding situations, understanding Joe Witt's defense. They only played eight quarters in it so far, so they don't even really know everything they coordinator want them to do. And how I know what he wants me to do, but I'm learning how he wants me to go about doing it. And there's the process we in right now. And that's why I say my whole Montre on my post game show was let grandma cook, because grandma takes patience to cook.
Speaker 1: I love what you said. I'm like, what does Fred mean here?
Speaker 2: Let grandma cook?
Speaker 3: You know how your cousin, how your brother keep running in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Is it finished yet?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Grandma? Like, go sit down. I don't tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you when it's finished with this. That's what we're doing, all right. Let the coaches tell you when we're not a finished product.
Speaker 2: But we cooking.
Speaker 1: We're getting there. We're baking.
Speaker 3: We're trying to get it the ries, get to cake, the rise. But no, you need to be patient as a fan base before.
Speaker 1: We get to brand. And again we're gonna talk about the offense. But one thing that absolutely has to be addressed, Yeah, getting in the red zone and converting, because it was it was almost comical when they get there and there was a penalty. What six times.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna hate to say this to you because you my cast mate, you're my team overreacting.
Speaker 2: Let grandma cook.
Speaker 1: Oh again, let grandma cook. Don't you just have to cut down just like that's you gotta play clean, you gotta.
Speaker 3: Play clean football. True that, but we're marching the ball up and down the field. The next level to that, it's capitalizing on every time we get in the red zone. That's the next level. All right, that's the third hour of cooking right there. You're jumping ahead of everything like everyt else.
Speaker 2: Let Grandma cooked, hashtag, Let grandma cook.
Speaker 1: You just say, like, let the process play, let.
Speaker 3: It, let it play out because everybody wanted last week, why would you do this?
Speaker 1: Why would you do this?
Speaker 3: Because we cannot do everything at one time. We cannot fix everything at one time. It's a process. As long as you know where we're at in the process, accept what you'll be coming from net, not from what you want us to be, not what we're going to be.
Speaker 1: What we are today and what today is. We are not infancy.
Speaker 2: So you heard the work you see, Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: We're not in our infants, or we are in our inf we are in our inf trying to get out of that.
Speaker 3: No, try to be into a full work. No, but we have to grow. It takes time, Yes, it takes time.
Speaker 1: Nobody goes from a baby to a man. Well, you know, a teenage spot between.
Speaker 3: The only thing I know in this world that's true is that I used to be a baby and I'm a future ghost.
Speaker 1: It's true that I like, look, I was like, what is his reaction? That's here? Go that's this candle. That this candle is like life all of us. I used to be a baby. Don't remember that much. Okay, future ghosts, future ghosts, So what is it? I understand when you're in the red zone, educate me here. So when you're obviously the field is shortened, it changes how you operate your reference. But when thows are smaller, yes, But when it comes to jumping off sides or whatever, it may be, like, what is it about the read? Is it nerves? Is it being anxious? What is it about the red zone and penalties in that particular part of the field that makes it different from the rest of them.
Speaker 3: I think we got a little too cute on a couple of those play calls, okay, But I also seen where the Giants fans were sitting, and they were sitting in their end zone. So it makes me think that maybe at home, they weren't expecting them to be so loud in that section of the field, and they were loud. And I think communication and HICCO the thing that I think people don't understand. I was listening to Joe Thaisman talk about this. When you're in shotgun, it's harder for the office alignments to hear the quarterback checks, okay, compared to when you're on a center. When you're on the center, everybody is at your attention. They can hear everything you say. So if you're in the red zone and you the shotgun, you need it to be very quiet because then that my tackle can.
Speaker 1: Hear my check.
Speaker 3: My senter can hear my check, and everybody else can. So I think it has a lot to do with logistics of where the quarterback lines up at and what was going on at Northwest Field the other day.
Speaker 1: Are there nerves that are ever a part of it when you're talking about guys who are still learning the offense, guys who are learning to play together, guys who are under pressure, like, hey, we keep doing this, let's not do it again. And then you know, you keep sort of making the same mistake, not necessarily out of habit, because it's almost like you're trying too hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I used to. My mama used to take me the piece of hut when I was young.
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm listen.
Speaker 2: You remember piece of hut used to be a dying in spot.
Speaker 1: Pizza hut used to be the bomb, the bomb, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So every Sunday we would go, okay, and I don't know if I was just so excited because all this piece and just the smells the salad bar, but every Sunday I would reach for a slice of piece and knock over my drinking okay, to the point that my mama said, you know what, I'm just gonna move this drink over here. And she was like, what's wrong with you? And I was like, I don't know if I'm sighted anxious. I just don't care that the drink is there. But every week so you can make mistakes without trying, and I think they was making those mistakes without trying, because it never was the same person.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. They were kind of all over them.
Speaker 3: They were all over the place, and you can't get excited at that time.
Speaker 1: But I think it was just one of the things. Mistakes were made.
Speaker 3: And once you start to go backwards in the red zone, you don't usually get that back.
Speaker 2: You usually a force to kick field.
Speaker 1: Goal coming up. Bran Weinstein, Voice of the Commanders, will be here talk about the Commanders offense. But first we got to pay those bait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we sure do.
Speaker 1: To get loud.
Speaker 3: Podcasts brought to you by bet three six five Official sport and been partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with the bet three six five apps, craft your own personalized bet, slip with LA's excess thousands of games with live screaming, place your bet before the match or doing the game it's up to you.
Speaker 2: Download the BET three sixty five app today.
Speaker 3: And enjoin eighty million members world wide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem called text one eight hundred gamb below and m w aa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. Hope you know what that means. We dream any place in the world and in the blink of eye, we're there.
Speaker 1: That's the one to a flight.
Speaker 3: All you had to do is decide where to Dulles International Airport. Let your imagination sore, book your adventure today at flight Dullis dot com slash NonStop.
Speaker 1: As promised, we always bring you great guests here on the show. BROD Weinstein, Voice of the Washington Command the voice.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about that Whyle Wyley was performing, because every pro franchise got this one entertainer that they attached to, and I was like, if it wasn't Wiley, who would it be?
Speaker 4: Yo? Yes?
Speaker 1: What he be?
Speaker 5: So back in the day, this is like a go go act like Chuck Brown.
Speaker 3: Like today, if it wasn't why Leah who represents d c C New.
Speaker 5: York City, somebody who's sitting here watching this going he forgot about.
Speaker 3: Me, Sla Glizzie or somebody.
Speaker 1: It's a couple of but he's not a musical guy.
Speaker 3: I've been say, like when it comes to entertainment and you say D C, D and V, it's one guy that comes and it's Hyla.
Speaker 1: But if you're gonna say d M V, it could have been for real. Uh, could have been for real.
Speaker 5: Dave Grohl is from the area, so the food fighters technically could be Missy Elliott.
Speaker 1: Oh she from here, She from VA Virginia Beach. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 3: Yes, it could have been Missy Elliott. All right, so we got a couple of people that it's gonna been. And I'm sure Baltimore has some guy out there. Oh yeah, yeah, I'm gonna say Baltimore got somebody out there. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, we got a dub last Sunday, Yes we did, by any means necessary. So Brim, you're right there. And I listen to your call as I was driving home, getting ready for more stuff to do, and and it was. It was such a bizarre game the way things started, where the efficient is kind of all over the place and there's red zone penalties and that kind of continued throughout and the Giants kicker. I mean, this game had a little bit of everything, and it wasn't pretty as we talk about. But a dubb was a w taket then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this one is just chapter eight of the Book of Weird between the Commanders and the Giants, and the second gram Goodo went down and wasn't able to kick, it obviously changed literally everything for them. Ye played out at the end, and then I didn't have in the you know.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I never really prepared for a we're gonna kick seven field goals and win situation. That's a new one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, he'll to think about it.
Speaker 3: What really did it for me was even though that the kickoff return with Ekla was Kyle Beck, it was determining factor of this game.
Speaker 1: Once the kicker went down, it changed everything.
Speaker 3: So I asked myself, I would rather keep that seven would I read a Graham goodno stay down? And this Graham Good no stay down because it affected at the end of the game. Like think about they had three drives at the end of the game that they got inside the teen and fifteen, and they didn't have a kicker, So that's four down territory for the you with me as a defensive coordinator. I note that also, I just got to keep you at the end zone. I think it will have determined in fact that the game, Oddley I thought it was.
Speaker 1: So when you look back at this, I'm trying to figure out the template for this team. And what I mean by that is, Okay, we know Jaden's going to develop, but as he develops, is the right template to feed b Rob who was awesome in this game and then let that sort of be the foundation and let Jayden go from there or is it something else?
Speaker 5: So I think it's a few things really, Like the red zones is probably just its own conversation in itself that they were you know, penalties derailed a few of the drives to talk about maybe why, you know, some of these things happened because it was unusual, like they weren't all the same things. Sometimes you see like the same thing were up.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 5: Actually, they were all very different circumstances by which they were backed up and hurt themselves. I have felt through the profile of this team that they had spent some money to try to upgrade the middle of their offensive line by bringing in Allegretty the odist, you know, resigning Sam Cosmy, you know, and you have b Rob and you bringing Austin Eckler. And look at the profile the receivers on the team. I don't think you're going to see a bunch of players that scare people down the field, but they're actually very physical players that this is logical to me that this was going to head into a direction where this team runs the ball more than I think people outside you know, the area thought and with these two particular players and be Rob and I've been waiting for this for a year, ever since he got healthy after the incident his rookie year last year. What was really infuriating to me about the offense was here you have this bellcal physical running back that you could lean on who wants it so bad. And the only time we ever saw this was a couple of years ago in Philadelphia orre They just leaned on him and they went and knocked off the Eagles. They can be this with him. I'm glad we saw this, and like I hope we get more of it. And frankly against Cincinnati, who's got a passing game, that it's frightening. I think they ought to be running the ball up the middle and leaning on b Robbin.
Speaker 1: And also he's one of those guys where he will wear you out if you feed him.
Speaker 3: I would just about to say that Jenks. I'm not saying they I ain't back, but I played against I played with this guy when I first got his a rookie Steven Davis.
Speaker 1: He would leave defensive backs in his weight.
Speaker 3: And when I say in his wake, I mean if you watch these first two games, how many defensive backs have you seen walk off the field after collision with Brian Robinson.
Speaker 1: It takes a toll on you. And that's what we say.
Speaker 3: It's a couple of backs in this league that leave bodies in their weight, and he is one of those guys. He could physically bend you to his wheeling. Then you bringing Ekoler. As much as people think Echolers is just shifted back, he's one of the strongest dudes on his team. Like so even he wears you down. We had two hundred plus yards rushing yesterday and that's the best defense for a quarterback. If I want to stop Joe Burrow, Robinson and Eckoler stopped Joe Burrow by keeping him on the sideline by running the ball. Uh we let in in time like we had time of possession.
Speaker 1: We won that.
Speaker 3: If you win that with a with a quarterback like Joe Burrow on the other sideline, you got a chance to win that game.
Speaker 5: Robinson said, this the k prescottage. He goes, I've been waiting to get seventeen carries again. It's been a long time. You know what, he gets better as the game they go along, like he's the last person the defense wants to see in a close game the third and fourth quarter getting the ball. You know, he's just a physical running back. When was the last time you saw him go backwards on a play like never noways finishes a run, he falls out like he reminds me Stephen Davis two. I'll even go further back, Gerald Riggs, George Rogers, type of tough running backs that were kind of the core of the Washington football team back then the Hogs led or a physical team. He totally fits the personality of what dan Quinn talks about. So I'm not surprised that eventually they found him, And I don't think this is a one off. I mean, I think we're heading in this direction where he's a feature of the offense.
Speaker 3: Higgo thing too. Nobody's talking about has played against Lawrence I think seven times, eight times, including his time with the Cowboys. He hasn't given up one sack against He didn't give up one sack against him. I mean this, this Sunday, This, This is a matchup nobody talks about because offensive line, defensive line, not sixty. But Beyaddish is one of those guys that I think set the temple because how many times have we watched Dexter Lawrence record game here?
Speaker 1: Oh all right, but I didn't see him yesterday.
Speaker 3: I've seen a couple of plays he made, but I thought Beads is one of those guys that should get their checkbox.
Speaker 1: You did your job, how about.
Speaker 5: Two weeks in a row? And he was a captain yesterday because the way he handled Vita Vel two weeks in a row, Vita vea Dexter Lawrence the heck of a start.
Speaker 1: That's what you want, no doubt about that. So as a game went on, too, we saw a couple of plays from Jayden late where all of a sudden he's going through his progressions that completion. The Noel Brown is absolutely huge played in the game. So when you talk about a quarterback developing, sometimes it's just baby steps. It's over these leaps and bounds. And I feel like throughout the game on Sunday we saw a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of that, a little bit better than yesterday. Yeah, that's all I want my quarterback to do. And watching him his second game, his seventh quarter his career, for him to be going through progressions the way he did and make it to his third progression, knowing he has these wheels. That says everything they're saying he said last week. Yeah, I did it, But it's a couple of these plays. I should have got outside the pocket, not to run. I should have got outside the pocket to throw. And that's what people need to understand. He's a duel threat. Now he becomes a triple threat when he gets outside the pocket and not just to run but still looking downfield for wide receives. Now you're a triple threat like Pat Mahomes. And like you said it, that takes development.
Speaker 5: This is two weeks in a row, same thing happened. I thought his internal clock in Week one against Tampa was very sped up. In the first game, vacated the pocket a little early on some of those. I think that's why the rush total was so high at this Initially when you got to the second half, they did do some design runs, but things really slowed down for him there. That's against an exotic team that brings a lot of blitzes. This one is not one of those teams. Yes Sunday when they took on the Giants. Still at the same time, to your point, as the game progressed, it slowed down again for him. He's going through progressions, he's throwing dime passes over the middle to a guy who's been here for two.
Speaker 1: Two weeks, Yeah, for two weeks. Right.
Speaker 5: The call to Eckler on the roll out throwback or I thought was just a perfectly timed call. He executed that perfectly great call by Cliff Kingsbury as well to throw to Ertz where he ripped the ball away from Jason Finlock. They didn't have an intermediate passing game in week one and he did in week two. So to your point, it's growing very fact if this is the base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I got alled.
Speaker 3: I had to take the callers after the postgame show out to take a week of people, well, won't Cliff kings been running certain office out like do you think week one on the road he put the whole playbook in the rookie quarterbacks left right because they like, we ain't doing any emotion. I were like, but how you know that ain't gonna happen in the future. We came out this game sixty five percent of the plays with motion. So what I'm telling you this is layer cake that we're singing. We're seeing progression. We're not gonna get the whole feast right now. He's gonna layer these things and add these things. Every week is gonna be a different wrinkle with this guy. And that's what's gonna have defensive coordinators up all night. When it comes to Jane Daniels, he is a different type. He's actually a pass first quarterback that happens to run. And that's why when I think about him, it just it compares to how he glides when he runs. In his own emotion, I see Randall cutting him. I see tons of Randall when it comes to their smoothness.
Speaker 1: And we never knew how fast Randa was because he gleedd.
Speaker 3: He glides across the field I think Jane has the same aspect.
Speaker 5: You know what, no one has ever won the super Bowl in September. It's never has never happened. And in this case too, this is their second game. Everybody here is new. I don't know what any of the nit picking would be when they haven't turned the ball over yet. Yes, completing seventy five percent of his passes, you're angry he got the win knocked out of him.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, what is.
Speaker 5: Exactly the issue here that you haven't seen? Go watch Killer Williams in his first couple of games. You'll feel differently about where is.
Speaker 1: Go watch Bonette. They look like rookies.
Speaker 5: They look like rookies. This guy hasn't in a day. Whies look like a rookie at any point in time. And he'll have bad moments, of course he will to the NFL. But to this point, if you're finding anything particularly wrong with what they're doing or how they're doing it, or what he's doing, boy, you are looking for problems because all I see is a massive upside.
Speaker 3: I think it's because post traumatic script. Oh, I was gonna say it's I keep trying to tell people the team is not on your clock, all right, their clock is, oh, it's been twenty five years chance badness. By the way, the Browns had had one hundred twenty five years of bad football.
Speaker 1: We need it, we need it now.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, they're not on your clock. New head coach, new owner, new new gym, new quarterback.
Speaker 1: This is ground zero. This is the worst it's gonna be for the next ten years.
Speaker 3: If you ain't excited about this and you still trying to find ways, I don't want to go because I just think they're gonna let me down. Come on, relationships are up and down.
Speaker 5: Or even like with the Giants game that you go to the locker room last week and you're like, Daniel Jones is five and one against you guys, and they're like.
Speaker 1: We weren't here. We want what are you talking about? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: And by the way, did Northwest Stadium and give us a good omen the first player at Northwest Stadium one hundred yard kick return the first game a New York Giants win. We got over that giant hump? Uh the coaches first win at Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Oh, the entire staff outside the stadium in apology because I was right across the stadium. I got nice parking, you know, because it worked for the team now. But when I was leaving, I had to leave early to get ready for my other show, and so I didn't realize it was one way. I just take a left, going against traffic. And as soon as I there was nobody coming around the quarter thankfully, and there's a dude in the golf car going.
Speaker 2: I was like, wrong way, right, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go this way. And even then, I was like, you know, what could have been bad here? No? No, no, no, no, no. Everything was just like nowhere.
Speaker 2: I loved and I was like, look at that.
Speaker 1: God is like, you know, I haven't been over this this way for a while. I've been busy, thank you.
Speaker 3: But it was just and just the fans energy.
Speaker 1: The fans energy was there.
Speaker 3: I was talking so much trash, the giant fans, and the giant fans they had this looking their face up. We got Dan Jees as a quarterback, right, so we don't even really care. We just hit it enjoy ourselves and it felt very good to me for us not to be where they is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it's important to take that long term view. It's like being a freshman again. And remember Jane Daniels started his career where at Arizona, say, and then when he left, his teammates were making fun of him. Remember, like, this guy's out of here, he's not that good. He got a little more experience, he goes elsewhere, he builds up his resume, he gets those reps, and then he becomes the guy that he knew he could be. And it's for the same thing. It takes time to learn the pro game. We're sitting there with other rookie quarterbacks. Like we've talked about, you just have to take a deep breath and realize this is a long gamer play. So when we see those throws out of the flat, Kingsbury's building confidence and building out the playbook. It doesn't all happen in week two.
Speaker 3: Well, I got so many calls yesterday why we ain't throwing the ball down the field.
Speaker 1: I was like, we're doing what's in the best interest for.
Speaker 3: Jaden Daniels, not for your fantasy football league.
Speaker 1: We're doing We're watching this like like I think about it. People that are not used to things.
Speaker 5: It's not my fault, but if.
Speaker 1: You started JK. Dobbins. People.
Speaker 3: You know, then why I tell people this NFL It's no rhyme of reason to fantasy football, like Jeff, because somebody was good last year, don't make them good this year. Every year is a new year. If I told you at the beginning of the year the Saints will be two in oh.
Speaker 1: And they look great.
Speaker 3: No, not not just winning by three points, blowing people out, you'd been like, Nah, that's not gonna happen. That's not gonna happen at all. Nobody in the Texas Division gotta win, but the Texas and I thought the coach was gonna be a good team. Person I did too, and I still think they're gonna be a good team. But the NFL is just not predictable. Not tell people that.
Speaker 5: I'll just not predict Can I give you one quick aside on fantasy football? Since we're all in the league. Here, did you know I played Anna's team in fantasy football this week?
Speaker 1: How did you fare?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I'll tell you why I won. She started, Christian McCaffrey put on she sted, she started. Another player didn't play, Keenan Allen didn't play.
Speaker 1: Starting.
Speaker 5: Here's the best ones did not play a defense or a kicker, no need.
Speaker 1: Neither.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I had a bizarre bye week.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's not I have no way to explain myself, but basically I knew it was bad when I, like the first week I was going up against Santana and I was with some of my other like Commander's friends, and we're sitting there and they're like, did you not draft a kicker a defense. I've never played fantasy football before.
Speaker 5: You you could have picked them up there readily available.
Speaker 6: One that made I'm gonna blame it on interface design.
Speaker 1: It's really it's not me. It's the interface design and Fantasy I wasn't supposed to make these changes when they interce like.
Speaker 6: Literally the worst fantasy football player in the history of fantasy football.
Speaker 5: I've never seen anyone quit in week one, because that's what it felt like. And there was part of me that goes, do I text her and tell her she doesn't have a kicker or a defense, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like, you know, I just really want to give her a hits up. We actually have a game tomorrow, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, its just pick everybody.
Speaker 6: Defense is better than I'm just gonna make everybody.
Speaker 1: Figure I grabbed the Panthers. Why you can't.
Speaker 3: Nobody has.
Speaker 1: Fantasy with your dream scenario against the Bengals. I mean, this is a bad spot to catch Cincinnati because they're down, because they're wounded, and they are not gonna go over.
Speaker 3: We're not afraid of that. We're not afraid of that. I told you our caleider. Our clock is not on their clock. We're trying to get better every week. All right, Now, here go to think about when you're playing against a Cincinnati team. It's so funny, how me when I studied them, Cincinnati has no trouble out of Kansas City and they have all the trouble out of the world from the Ravens.
Speaker 2: So I was like why. I wonder why, And it's because.
Speaker 3: Lamar is a true running quarterback, and running quarterbacks get Cincinnati's defense prime trouble. They do a good job of keeping Pat Mahomes inside of the pocket, where they can't do that with Lamar. Our guys more like Lamar. Right, So you're saying, I like, well, let me watch you some more. Well, Lamar gets three to four or five cheap first downs when plays break down against the Cincinnati Bengals. That Pat is not getting all right, well, Daniel, I mean, Jane Daniels has that same ability. So I'm wondering how they gonna have the same game plan they had for Lamar Jackson, for Jaye Daniels, and we got a lot of unknown Like I said, the reason we jumped out on that Giants defense is because they studied us out week and said they don't motion. Okay, he didn't motion with the Cardinals. He ain't gonna motion. Now we came out and we motioned, all right, So there go. It's some unpredictability with this offense that I think give us a head up on the Cincinnati defense.
Speaker 1: To question is can we slow down? I didn't say stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Burrow, Chase and T Higgins don't seem to be planning to he get his money.
Speaker 1: So that works than that faith. So can we slow that offense down?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't be the biggest concern. I would hope actually that they can control the clock again. So I think leaning on b Robin Eckler and Daniel's extending plays and getting long drives and keeping Burrow off the field is probably the best game plan here. Off of what we saw from Malik Neighbors who now seeing him in person, looks like Jamar Chase me in a lot of ways, in the way that his acceleration after the catch is really extraordinary. That's where Chase has to I'll turn to you like they're dealing with an extraordinary quarterback and very very very good receivers. If both Higgins and Chase play.
Speaker 3: Relationships with visual relationships, and that's what it's a tough Now, it's a tough matchup when your quarterback can come to the line and glance at you and change the play. That's what type relationship him and Chase has steaming back from college. So it's gonna be a challenge for the defensive backfield. I think the lineback and corep is going to determine this because the best way to stop wide receive from catching balls is do what Frankie Louvu did to me. Leak neighbors, yes, and give him the business. All right, You've seen him slow down after that, right, So that's what I'm saying, Like, when I look at great defenses, I look at the San Francisco defense, the strength of it is the middle of the defense. I look at the Raves, the strength of it is the middle of the defense. All the good defense, this is just the middle of the defense, right, Well, we got better in that part. That's going to allow us to play against high powered offenses. And the great part we ever did was playing against Baker Mayfield and Tampa Bay in the first game on the road. I think they learned a lot of things that they can do and a lot of stuff that they cannot do.
Speaker 1: I think that was the great lesson.
Speaker 3: And now that Tempa went up to Detroit and beat them, that Tampa Bay loss ain't so bad, now, is it.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, how difficult is it to face a good and desperate football team because the Bengals are that they start off slow. It seems like every year they do every single year.
Speaker 3: But this is a best A wounded animal will eat you alive. And we know this now. The thing about football players, we all want to win. But when I back against the wall, now it's that need to we have to win, not we need to win.
Speaker 1: We have to win because if.
Speaker 3: You start zero to three, your chance to get into the playoffs are not that high. Matter of fact, it's below thirty. So at the end of the day, it's a must.
Speaker 1: Win for them. I love it because out the pressure is on you, the pressure is not on us. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, like a couple of years ago when Washington went up and beat Philadelphia or nine to zero, and they went up and did it well, they weren't feeling it like this. They were getting a completely different kind of media narrative. What really bothers me about this is it's gonna be the loan game on the schedule that day. It's impossible to tune everything out. You know, it's gonna be said about them all day long. And the pressure on them. What is that locker room to look like if they were to lose? They don't even want to answer those questions. Yeah, So this is this tough spot for Washington just from a just living in the media narrative space, knowing what's gonna be said about them all week leading into this and then being the only thing on the schedule and Steven Ason screaming about you about let's find out if you're whatever this or whatever that. Yeah, and that's gonna be the whole day ye where they kick off. It's a tough spot.
Speaker 3: But I like I like this putting their pressure on a young team like this pressure makes you who you are putting Jane Days in these situations, it's only gonna make him better and nobody likes to see it. We love sar I mean Sundays and Thursday we love them too, But that Monday night, if you the only show in town, you own the media skyway, they belong to you. Everybody wants to bring their a game on the game like that. So it's just as much as Cincinnati Bengals want to come and win their first game, our team is wanna gonna wanna earn some respect that day too also, So it's gonna be one of those games you.
Speaker 1: Never know it's gonna happen. Bram's gonna be You're gonna be there, gonna be here, I know, no, most deathly I be here. You know.
Speaker 3: They like to leave me while they go on the road so I can do the postgame show, so I can read the fans back in win lose a drive. I had to mentally wheel them back into the orbit that were in. Even not to win last night, I had to.
Speaker 1: Cause say, Bram, go with the team, do the show.
Speaker 3: You can't do anything, Just stay back and clean the house up, make sure the backyard.
Speaker 2: Taking that We're gonna take Bram on the road.
Speaker 1: Do what we gotta do. He's a voice of Commanders. Bram Weinstein, appreciate it. Brand faces. Great to have Bram on the show as always. Time to pay some bills and then you're gonna geek out. Yes, we geeking out? And why do we geek out? Because the pot is presented by Sea Geek, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. It's official. Yep, see Geek. The deal is finalized. They're the newest member of the Commander's family. Get used to the name. You will hear it all season long. Doesn't matter if you're buying tickets selling tickets to Commanders games, in fact, any event in the DMV area. Download the app, go to the website. It is seek geek, the new official ticketing partner all the Washington Commanders. So Commanders fans can fan, yes, get your fan on. What are you geeking out on?
Speaker 2: This is what I'm geeking out on. I did not know.
Speaker 3: September thirteenth, three days ago. Okay with National Bond is Beauty Day next one? Y'all are gonna love this one.
Speaker 1: Like, do you have a list here? Right here? A London.
Speaker 3: One who married herself a year ago divorced herself three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Even a woman.
Speaker 2: Could take herself for a year. She had to leave herself.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering, did her other head of herself take the rest of the money?
Speaker 2: How was things broken off?
Speaker 3: First of all, I didn't even know it was legal to marry yourself. She married herself and divorced herself. If I'm her lawyer, I'm like, should I feel bad from taking your money?
Speaker 1: You go to James, I get a question for you. Yeah, you ever get tired of yourself? I'm serious. I get tired of myself. I'm like, why did I do that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: You know how you know people are built a certain way, like you're wired a certain way. I can try to change your behavior for sure, sometimes like I always like obsessed about things. I think the worst. I'm like, I am tired of myself. I'm tired of my brain. I'm tired I think in this way like Anna shan't. I'm like, I need a break from me. So if I married myself, I'm like, I need a break for me sometime. You know what, what was you thinking? Like something I have to check myself, Like do what is wrong?
Speaker 6: Is it for like benefits?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: I don't know how else you justify that.
Speaker 1: Will her married herself?
Speaker 3: Yeah I have, Like I said, I didn't even think that was possible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna have to do something because she's.
Speaker 1: One entity, like you can't.
Speaker 3: It has to be two entities to two souls. Was she like she wasn't formally No, she was married to No, she's legally married to herself. It says it on her marriage license, her name and her name.
Speaker 1: Maybe is that's the ultimate form of selfishness, because if you're going to love someone and spend the rest of your life with someone, you have to be self less. Right, yes, always recount and she's looking at her like, you know what, love me more than anybody me, I mean myself.
Speaker 3: If she did marry herself and she divorced herself, I hope she finds loved. That's all I can say. So No, this one, right, y'all gonna love you know? Since I be reporting on time? I mean towns with great names, Oh yes, I have to. It's a town in Norway named Hell all right, Norway, and it freezes over mm hmm every year it freezes over Hell. So imagine if I tell my mom, I'm going to go out of town.
Speaker 1: Where are you going? Son? Hell? Hell Norway? I mean it has to freeze over. It's Norway's people. Do you think take a picture next to the Hell sign in Norway? Every year every one of it doesn't get stole like the Shitterton sign. That's true. One does this because if I.
Speaker 3: Feel like, yeah, man, now, if like somebody get to argue with you, like I hate your Fred God, Hell, all right, I'm going to Norway.
Speaker 1: Just has to be. You have a whole listener, No, no, just three for the.
Speaker 3: Day three because I like to really geek out. That's that's my thing. That's my thing, right there, Anna, what would you got over that? Well?
Speaker 6: I have a voicemail.
Speaker 1: We need to get people that number. I'm sorry to interrupt.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, yes, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Don't have it here too.
Speaker 6: I haven't memorized seven o three seven six seven four one nine seven o three seven two six seven four one nine. Guys, do not forget to leave your voicemails. We really appreciate your game predictions. However, our show is on Mondays.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, no, no game predictions. Tell me have you been to some of these cities that I'm bringing up.
Speaker 1: How about that? Where in America is our guy traveling? Is he still traveling?
Speaker 6: He is? We did hear from him last week? Oh yeah, he was in Detroit.
Speaker 1: The Motus city, like the Motive city.
Speaker 3: Hey, people forget that Detroit is sitting on water over there, and Kennedy is like literally about Detroit.
Speaker 1: It's mass like spread out, it's huge, goes on forever. It's it's huge.
Speaker 2: But I like going through right across the great great city.
Speaker 6: Sounds like he's having a great time.
Speaker 1: You just want to make sure he's safe. All right, check in with us, Please.
Speaker 6: Keep checking in. We'll get you. We'll get you next week hopefully. All right, Should I kick this off with those first? All right? This is our first and only voicemail for the week, by the way, but I want to please guys, keep leaving your voicemails. Love it. They flood my inbox, so it's awesome. But I just have one this week because you all left a lot of game predictions. So no game predictions.
Speaker 4: Okay, yo, man, great show. What do you think about our tight end group? Sanat and uh Er it's doing their thing. Possibly have some more to tighten tight schemes going on to where we can confuse some people and possibly get one of these guys over. Yo, man, see geek.
Speaker 1: Out to do your thinking.
Speaker 4: My friend, you have a good one.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, man, you've got some appreciate Listen.
Speaker 2: He gave loud everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what.
Speaker 3: I think Sene is gonna be one of those guys that's gonna shock people once he really gets his feet on the ground. But I think erthk got a lot left. I think people are looking at Erthay.
Speaker 2: As a band aid. I think er don't want to be a band aid.
Speaker 3: I think Erston I want to sten my career here and I want to I want to grow with Jade Daniels. But two tight ends is always dangerouscause you can go flat across the line. You can get one and displace him and move him to the slot. You can move him back in, you can run at us. There's so much you can do with tight ends. But do not forget baits Motel. Don't forget John Bates because John Bates is one of the better blocking tight ends in the league. So you gotta have one of those guys too. So I think the tight end room is looking good for the future. The question is always gonna be how long how much Ertz got left in the table.
Speaker 1: I love this tight end room and I think a few things. Say I think number one, as the season goes on, I know a lot of people want to see Cliff throw it down the field. That's gonna happen. It's gonna have time when that happened. Zach Erch is in great shape. We saw that during the preseason, during offseason. He's gonna be that guy. And also, if this team builds an identity, yeah, as far as being more physical at the line of scrimmage, I love it when offensive coordinators will build off certain Yeah. And so if they have a two tight end set and they're being physical, you might see all of a sudden, everybody thinks, oh they're being physically it's gonna go to be rob Yeah, play action. You see a tight end and they build off what they think it's want to be a handoff. You will see something like that later on this I send that tight end right up that scene.
Speaker 3: I send that tight end for a tight end scream because you think b Robb is getting the bolt like it's just so much you can do out of those plays, especially when you got versat the tight ends, and that's what we got.
Speaker 2: Send it to me. It could be the most versative one.
Speaker 3: Because he's a good blocker, he's a good route runner, and he get good yack after the catch. So he's one of those guys. Once he learns the game and the game really slows down to him, he's gonna lead people in his way, similar to what b Robin and he.
Speaker 1: Gets to learn from Zach Kirkz. That's the perfect That's the perfect marriage right there.
Speaker 3: Like, if you want to have a successful marriage, only call the people that you know still marriage to their spouses. I'm tired of people calling their friend is single getting advice on how to stay with They make no call the people that battle tested.
Speaker 1: They gonna lead you in the right direction. Okay, yep. Now the Emmys were on Sunday. I didn't watch the Emmys, but I cut up a little bit lack luster.
Speaker 2: They done lost the live fire right there. The Bear, the Bear?
Speaker 1: Do you here's the thing?
Speaker 3: The Bear?
Speaker 1: My bear? So season three for the Bear. The first two seasons incredible. I am midway through the third season. It's stressing me out. But there's this big debate online is The Bear a comedy? And I think that is ridiculous. It is not a comedy. It has comedic moments, but do you think it's a comedy's supposed to drama? No?
Speaker 2: This is what I hate.
Speaker 3: Okay, when you come to these shows, they act like comedies in hero superhero movies are not real acting in real movies. First of all, to me, if it takes a lot to cry, it takes even more to make me laugh. So I think when it comes to comedians that cross over into really acting, they are the actors because they have such a range. They can go and be siders, but they can also play off the script and make you laugh with stuff that's not written.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they don't want The Emmys don't like to take comedies and say, here go the best show of the year, especially the Oscars.
Speaker 3: Like they hate Adam Sandler like I'm talking about hates him, Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 2: They hate comedy dudes that require But all they movies do is.
Speaker 3: Make money, money, money, money, money, But they do not want to give them no respects.
Speaker 2: So guess what I'm gonna do. We're giving out get loud.
Speaker 3: Emmys Oh, Adam Sandler, you get ed me eded Ed Murphy, Will Farrell, everybody, everybody that makes me laugh, It makes me happy. Key and Peel everybody, David pill A get loud.
Speaker 2: Emmy goes to y'all.
Speaker 1: Byay. We were watching some stuff before we came on. Watch the Key and Pill bloopers. Even watch those old lot because those guys are so funny. And the bloopers kill me even more because they're so close, like they're such close friends. Yeah, did the comedy and sort of watch the interaction. I love that.
Speaker 3: No, No, And it's just it's something body skitch comedy that allows you to detect every aspect of what's going.
Speaker 1: On in the human world right now.
Speaker 3: Like I love it. I love the substitute teacher. How many of us didn't have substitute teacher that come in and say everybody's name wrong, everybody blocke, No, it's blak wrong, like everybody's had that substitute teacher, mister Garnet.
Speaker 1: So they touch on things that really touch on you put on your heart screen.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what people need to be more prone to do, more prone to laugh at our failures instead of dwelling.
Speaker 1: Them when you were in school. Yeah, I bet I'm not gonna say teachers, pat, But did you have teachers who know I said right, No.
Speaker 3: I said right by the desk, because they knew I could control the classroom. They knew if they don't control me, I am about to turn this thing out because I'm not quiet, and I was also smart. Yeah, so they would ask me questions thinking they were gonna put me in the buying I'm like, no, I just blurke to answer. I'll go back to talking because I didn't understand what you're saying. But so they're like, nah, let me correll him. Let me get him over here, because if I don't, he's not gonna let me teach this class. So I had plenty of teachers.
Speaker 1: Get me.
Speaker 3: You want to teacher class, you come on up here and teach the class, no problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come mister Cody time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I had one teacher in high school and it was a small town, so yeah, we'd all know each other forever, right, and I was always like straight a's but I always get excessive talking.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: And my teacher is just Hayward. I would always go at it with this girl Tanya in class because Tani was just always on my nerves. My boyfriend Randy, I was like, oh, Randy, we went to the movies this week. It's like okay, except we go to the theater, but then we want to see things that are different. So he'll go to one movie and I'll go to the other. I'm like, what are.
Speaker 2: Y'all a couple?
Speaker 1: I was like, so you go to the movies together, but you don't go see the same movie. I go, why do you even go? And so my teacher would just sit back and like let this happen and let me go on for about five or six months and be like, all right, Jenquins, let's wrap this up now. But I was finking with the class like this is the dumbest thing.
Speaker 3: I like, come on, if we going to the movies to get there, right, But I think the movie is a date that you if you're gonna do it, y'all always have to be like know each other and be close because.
Speaker 2: That's a very quiet date. Oh yeah, Like, if.
Speaker 3: You're trying to get to know somebody, I can't do it in a movie theater where people are gonna be shithing me every time I want to ask you a question. I think dinner, walk by the monuments with the Watch Them Monument in the background, my iPhone playing cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And just enjoying it.
Speaker 2: But movies, I think you already need to be close to take that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's something to be set for being comfortable in silence with someone. Yeah. Because if you just got to know someone that's.
Speaker 3: Like and then we just hear I'm like coming home, but yeah, we ain't saying a word.
Speaker 2: To each other, then no, all the popcorn?
Speaker 1: Am I friend? I don't know an.
Speaker 6: Darens. Daren's first date was to the movies, wasn't in their first The movie that they were showing was pulp Fiction. Imagine that for your first date they saw Jackson and my dad's ex girlfriend was at the same movie.
Speaker 1: That's what happened. When you live in the village your dad twitter time, When you live in.
Speaker 3: The same village, you're gonna run past people that you dated, right.
Speaker 6: I always say that it was downtown Chicago. It was downtown Chicago.
Speaker 3: Your dad got reached, all right, because you're a Colorado, just a Chicago.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is if.
Speaker 3: You live in a village, you're gonna you're gonna cross path for people that this this understandable in the dating world. All I'm saying people, let's learn to laugh through our flaws and laugh through our embarrassing and I think they'll make that'll make the world of the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that's good advice. Heisman Trophy. Who's gonna win the Heisman? I know, and and listen, it's fair Travis Hunter. That's why she's so happy. That's why she's so happy.
Speaker 3: But we know Heisman Trophy winners usually come from the winning teams.
Speaker 6: Hold on, though, I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 1: She lost it when we talk about Colorado.
Speaker 6: Travis Hunter, he's amazing. He might be the best player, best wide receiver, best player on the offense.
Speaker 3: Luther Burden for the Missouri Tigers is the best wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Nicks, he also might be the best college No, that's.
Speaker 3: Will Johnson, the cornerback for the Michigan Wolverines.
Speaker 1: Is very good.
Speaker 6: And when's the last time we have had a non quarterback win Heisman?
Speaker 1: Charles Watson.
Speaker 6: I just think it's overdue.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're right about that. And what's gonna help him? Car and be for George is not just blowing away with the numbers. Schadure good numbers, but just not blowing it away.
Speaker 1: Now, watch out for Quinn Ewers if he gets healthy.
Speaker 3: No Arch Man, But what I'm saying is, you know, the Heisman is about hype, and if Yours mixes three four games because he's injured, now.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying what Arch did listen to me. I'm just saying, I know when they trying to put you on their urn and guess what. I'm sorry with the back end of Texas and a manning. All I'm saying is anything is possible in this world.
Speaker 1: Oh it's listen. Arch is going to be great. Yeah, but this is Quinn Yours's team, and Quinn is week to week. I know for a factor. Look, he's the QB one because I understand why people get hyped about Arch.
Speaker 2: But lost me with the mohawk. Quinns lost me with the mohawk.
Speaker 1: That was two years ago. I can't get it out of my head, the mohawk less Quin you Weres went into Tuscaloosa and beat Bama. Last year he went into ann Arbor and beat Michigan this year and put on a passing clinic. This guy going into last week's game was the Heisman Trophy favorite. And then Manny comes in Arch just gonna be great against UTSA who got drilled by Texas State the week before, and they're like, oh my god, he's amazing. He is amazing. If Quinn yours misses a couple of games because he is he has who do we have Louisiana enroll? And then Mississippi State. You guys lost to Toledo last week? Right, No, we didn't. We beat Toledo, and I can we look that up? I think you guys lost to Teledo. We lost to an Arizona State. Okay, I don't know, man, no, no, not how many points you need? I need the lease because we come to y'all right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Toledo like beat Mississippi State by a lot. It was forty one to seventeen, forty one seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's do it done, all right now, says you want to go there, talk about my team's dead in the SEC right now, because we basically are. I understand it's coach Libby's first year there. Like from liberty, give him chance to make it grow. Let Grandmama cook. That's what I'm talking about. But now it's it's a less sad times. I have to bring up we lost a great man, James Errol Jones. Oh yes, the great James Errol Jones, the great Mississippian James Erol Jones. And if you had to say one line that makes you think of James Errol Jones, what line is?
Speaker 1: That's who to choose from? I know the one you're thinking of, Luke, I I am your father?
Speaker 2: Who am I?
Speaker 1: Or the other one is what he's knowing for is this is seeing that damn one.
Speaker 2: But he also got my son works.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about my son works, Like, well, what are you talking about? No, No, James Earl Jones, great Mississippian, a voice from jes Heaven, great man, like I had to really look up some of his moves. I think we forget about all the moves he did in the sixth the seventies, Oh my gosh, like he was all over the place. This is certain people we look at him and we only see an old version of them, like Morgan Freeman, Oh yeah, yeah, Like nobody sees young pictures of young Morgan.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I read about James Earl Jones, which I think you'll appreciate this urim. First of all, one of the few people that has the egot, which is the Emmy, the Grammy, the Oscar and the Tony, the egod. Yes, he loved acting on stage, but when he was a child in Mississippi he stuttered yeah, and so his so did Samuel L. Jackson. And the teacher said, Okay, I want you to write this home, whatever it is, I want to teach you how to articulate or how to express yourself.
Speaker 2: In the right way.
Speaker 1: And so the poem was so good the teacher accused him on purpose of plagiarism, that oh, he didn't write that, and so he was what So he went up there and performed it in front of the classroom to sort of prove his teacher wrong. And in that moment he had not talked to hardly anyone for years because he was so yeah he was, And in that moment it gave him confidence, like I'm speaking and people are listening to my voice, and I'm getting over this fear. And it helped him become who he was.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, all great stories start with some setback, like some sit back. So thinking about showing love to James Earl Jones, may he rest in peace, it made me think about what other great Mississippians.
Speaker 1: Do people not know? Because did you know he was from Missippi?
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go through a list of people and I want you to say, yay, nay, did you think I even know.
Speaker 2: That they was from Mississippi?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's start it here. First, the Great Robin Roberts. No, you didn't think she was from Mississippi. No, And man, she used to the Sports Center. Now she does Good Morning.
Speaker 3: Another one from Mississippi. That's how we do is make great people. Two Jimmy Buffett.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Buffets from Mississippi. He come on now, cause don't don't do that, like, oh no, I just didn't know.
Speaker 2: Did somebody drive through Misissippi leave.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Buffett assumed he was from Florida somewhere. Yeah, No, he's Mississippi. All right.
Speaker 2: Miss the Great Oprah Winfrey.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Oprah was fro Mississippi. I know it.
Speaker 3: She's just been there that you knew. Elvis, the Elvis Presley because everybody thinks he's from uh, everybody thinks he's from Memphiplands. He's from Mississippi. The Golden Triangle, North, Mississippi, not.
Speaker 2: Too far from Mississippi State two below.
Speaker 1: That's where he from. Elvis Presley.
Speaker 3: We just talked about this man, the voice of Jesus Morgan freed Men.
Speaker 1: Yes, I didn't know he was Mississippi.
Speaker 3: So is it somebody voice chors in Mississippi that we got going? Because Whoper voice is distinct, James zero, Johnes know what there is? American freemans is distinct.
Speaker 2: Let me continue to go. Snoop dog we called him Snoop Beagle.
Speaker 1: I thought he's from the l b C. No, he's from the m I Croocket letter, cricket letter. By the way, how did that sound what I said? I thought Snoopers from the lb C.
Speaker 3: You sound like we get your MTV voices out like Snoopers from the like I.
Speaker 2: Thought you get up. I don't know coffee.
Speaker 1: All right, Yes, most people don't know Snoop Dogg is from there. I don't know that. Guess what Rick Ross Boss Mississippi. Oh, by the way, did you see that LL has a new album out. It's Fire. T is Fire's Fire. I got that song with Rick Ross and Pittbull. Hey, It's fire. Listen.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it's gonna be cool to be listening to l all cool J.
Speaker 3: New album in twenty twenty four, got one on which is hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got another one. Okay, missus Britney Spears.
Speaker 1: I think I didn't know that. She seems like she's coming. Come on, it's two phases to Britney Spears. Stop all that hate. That's not hate. But also, don't you think we're Britney? Like at first you're like, let's you know, we need to end this conservatorship, and now you're like, maybe we need to put that back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need we have That's what we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want you to be okay, Brittany Okay.
Speaker 3: William Faulkner, Oh really yes? Mississippi Yeah, because nobody likes to do this. I have those sports in here too, you know the goat Jerry.
Speaker 1: Rice is Mississippi Valley State.
Speaker 2: Who is his quarterback?
Speaker 1: Really? Totten?
Speaker 2: Let me ask that, really, Todden, did you know faith Heal?
Speaker 3: This is a long list. I know we got breaks breaks. I got two more football players, Okay.
Speaker 1: Walter Payton aka Sweet Weetness.
Speaker 3: Jackson State Universities from Jackson, most definitely, and the great Jackie Slaters another yellow Jackie Slader. Yeah, most definitely. So I just want to give y'all some of the greatness. And I left out so many people.
Speaker 1: And you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If I left any Mississippians out, leave it in avorcemail and I'll give you a shot out. And I get that person a shot out next week. But Mississippians are great, all to you. Mister James L. Jones, Rest in peace. Also, Tito Jackson rest in peace.
Speaker 1: Yes, amen. That man had a great career with his brothers. Was always dedicated to his family. So and by the way, I'd forgotten that his sons were three t at one time. Remember that that group three t Were they all Tito song Tito sons?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not know that.
Speaker 1: I had forgotten about that. I remember that for back in the day because it was a while back, but I was really that the smart I was like, oh, yeah, I forgot about those guys. You learn new stuff every day. Rest in peace, my brother, I ain't end to that. All right. That's it for together. Our podcast. That's why I got smood on jinks Man. That state is gonna be good. What the views and opinion is expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives