Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, work, dating, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 2: We could be reading your letter live on the.
Speaker 1: Air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 3: You could be yours.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: It is time for the Strawberry Letter with my good friend, Shirley Strawberry.
Speaker 1: Thank you my good friend junior. Subject why is he blaming it on me? Dear Stephen, Shirley, I'm thirty seven and my husband is thirty eight. He's not a muscular man, but back in the day he used to fight everyone in school and he eventually got expelled from school for fighting. He and I started dating ten years after we graduated. I got pregnant, so we got married. While I was pregnant, he assaulted a guy that gave me a compliment and he ended up spending almost three years in jail because he was already on probation. While he was gone, I had the baby and I started dating that man that he beat up for complimenting me. I got pregnant by that man and had a son, and while my husband was still in All while my husband was still in jail. When he got out of jail, I did not ever tell him about the rendezvous with the other man and my son that the other man is raising. My husband's attitude was a lot better and we barely argued. Our marriage was great until two months ago when my husband ran into my other child's father and my son was with him. My son is my twin and everyone can see it, but no one has ever mentioned it. It was a rumor around town, but I guess everyone was too scared of my husband to mention it to him. My husband came home and asked me about the boy, so I admitted everything to him.
Speaker 2: He was unusually calm, and he left the house.
Speaker 1: I called to see where he went, and he said he was outside of the man's house. I got scared, so I so I dialed nine one one and rushed to the man's house. My husband wasn't there. I went home and he was back sitting in the driveway crying. He said he didn't want to go back to jail, so it was best to leave me alone. Then he filed for divorce and moved out. He said, I'm the reason our marriage ended. He was in jail, So what did he expect me to do? Why is he blaming it on me? You know, I get your husband was in jail and life goes on for you. I get that, But did you have to get with the man your husband beat up and went to jail four and did you have to have his baby too? I'm just not understanding why you went back to that particular guy.
Speaker 2: Did you have did you leave something.
Speaker 1: Out of this letter? Do you guys have history? Because you just casually say some guy gave you a compliment and your husband beat him up and went to jail because he was already on probation. Then, to make matters worse, you never even told your husband about the baby you had with the guy.
Speaker 2: The father may be.
Speaker 1: Raising the child, but don't you ever see your son.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he spend time with you ever? I mean, you're his mom.
Speaker 1: How did you think your husband wouldn't find out that you had another baby while he was locked up?
Speaker 2: I mean, thank god he didn't get.
Speaker 1: Violent with your baby daddy again for fear of going back to jail.
Speaker 2: Why is your husband blaming you.
Speaker 1: You ask because you should have told him what was up and not let him find out this way. You knew he was going to get out of jail someday. I mean, how did you think you could keep a whole baby from him?
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: You said your husband has changed for the better, but obviously you haven't, and that's why he's divorcing you and saying it's all your fault.
Speaker 4: Steve, this letter amazes me because the writer of the letter, who is this woman? She don't see nothing she did in this whole letter. She And the question is why is he blaming it on me? Did you read what you typed? Why is he let's keep that theme running? Why is he blaming it on me? I'm thirty seven. My husband is thirty eight. He's not a muscular man, but back in the day, he used to fight everybody in school. Eventually got expelled for fighting. He and I started dating ten years after we graduated. I got pregnant and we got married.
Speaker 3: Listen to me. We got pregnant and we got married.
Speaker 4: While I was pregnant, he assaulted a guy that gave me a compliment that and he ended up spending almost three years in jail because he was already on probation. All right, now, these are the facts. All these are facts. They're married, they got a child, he got a temper, he fight all the time. Guy complimented you while you was pregnant. He assaulted the guy and went to jail for almost three years because he was on probation. After this, this is where the letter takes a turn to where we just don't know why she stopped understanding while he was gone. I had the baby and I started dating that man that he beat up for complimenting you. What compliment did he give you.
Speaker 3: That made you go?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Soon as he go to jail, I got to see what he was talking about. Now, I had the baby and I started dating that man that he beat up for compliment me. Then listen to this, yaw, I got pregnant by that man and had a son, all while my husband us in jail. Subject of the letter. Why is he blaming it on me? The last line in the letter is he said, I'm the reason our marriage ended. He was in jail, So what did he expect me to do? Why is he blaming it on me? Because while he was in jail serving time you got with the guy that complimented you. You had a son by this man all while he was in jail.
Speaker 3: You don't see that.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Steve, hang on, ain't nobody clear?
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of your response coming up in twenty three minutes after today's strawberry letter subject why is he blaming it on me?
Speaker 2: We'll get back into it right after this. You're listening to the Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: Morning Shown Time Outdoors and let's talk about skin cancer. Non melanoma skin cancers, or nmscs, including basal cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, are the most common cancers in the US and can become harder to treat if left undetected. That's why sun protection and timely detection matter. Our sponsor, Regeneron, is raising awareness about advanced nmscs. Learn more and take the pledge to see a dermatologists annually at Let's get real about skin cancer dot com. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is why is he blaming it on me?
Speaker 3: This is a.
Speaker 4: Letter that's written by a delusional woman who does not want to take responsibility for her actions. The name of the letters, why is he blaming on me? Well, let's go, let's keep that theme in his letter. You thirty seven, your husband thirty eight. Y'all knew each other in high school. He's not a muscular guy, but he's fight all the time. He has a tempered problem. Ten years after y'all graduate, y'all get together, y'all get married. You get pregnant, so y'all get married. While you was pregnant, he assaulted a guy that complimented you while you was in full pregnancy, and he went to jail for almost three years because he was on probation. Now, just these are the only facts in the letter. After this, the letter just takes a noseedie. Now, while he was gone, I had the baby. They baby, and then she started dating the man that he beat up for complimenting you.
Speaker 3: I got pregnant by that man that had a son.
Speaker 4: You had a busy three years a girl because you just got the baby, got pregnant, had another one. I got pregnant by that man and had a son, all while my husband was in jail. The name of this letter is, why is he blaming on me? You don't see none of that. You don't see what happened while he was in jail. When he got out of jail, I did not ever tell him about the rendezvous with the other man and my son that the other man is raising. Surely made the best point. You don't see your son, you don't visit your son. You're just letting him raise him. What's happening here. My husband's attitude was a lot better, and we barely argue.
Speaker 3: Is that what jail do? A lot of time? Jail worked for some people, some people that don't.
Speaker 4: But most people I know that have been to jail, in prison, it worked rehabilitated. Now, is it a good system in prison? Absolutely not. Is it fair and absolutely not. It's an over abuse, yes it is. But some guys get out and sweat it. Ain't never going back. Now, you've got a high retention high.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that word right there, they got that high. People go back. Yeah, they gonna do that recidivisible. I call it revisitism, and they come back. So uh. Our marriage was great until two months ago when my husband ran into the other.
Speaker 3: Child's father and son was with him.
Speaker 4: My son is my twin and everybody can see it, but no one has ever mentioned it. It was a roomor around town, but I guess everybody was too scared of my husband to mention it to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just got out of jail.
Speaker 4: Fuck whipping somebody there made the people you want to try to see if the rehab has kicked in. My husband came home and asked me about the boy. Who's this little boy? He got he looked just like you, So I admitted everything to him. He was unusually calm, and he left the house. I called to see where he went. He said he was outside the man's house. Now he's sitting out there he thinking about it. I got scared. I down nine one one and rushed to the man's house. My husband wasn't there. I went home and he was sitting in the driveway crying. He said he ain't want to go back to jail, so it was best to leave me alone. So then your husband filed for divorce, moved out, and he said, you're the reason our marriage ended. He was in jail. What did you expect me to do? Why is he blaming it on me? This woman is so delusional.
Speaker 3: You are the reason that the marriage ended.
Speaker 4: He was in jail. But what did he expect you to do? Let me tell you what he didn't expect. He didn't expect you to start dating the man that he beat up. He didn't expect you to start dating him. He didn't expect you to get pregnant by the man that he beat up. He didn't expect you to have a baby by the man he beat up. He didn't expect to run up into the man outside after he had been home for two months. And then the boy looked just like you, So he come on and ask you about it. You at me to everything. Now all of a sudden, why is he blaming it on me? Did you know what you admitted to? Were you in the presence of your brain when you told him your baby while you was away for three years? We knew it was three years. But what you want me to do? I can't wait no three years and don't get no action. I got to get touched up. Can't sit up in here and wait no three years on you and without getting touched up. Then it got crazy one night and we ain't had nothing on and then I'm pregnant. You know how much I love kids. You're gonna sit up and ask me how this mond fault? I love kids, so I went on to had this other baby, but I gave him to the daddy because I knew you was coming home. Why you run up into him somewhere? Where was you at? Were you run it all up into people?
Speaker 1: But Steve, huh, why this guy though?
Speaker 2: The guy that got in the reason because.
Speaker 4: Of the compliment he gave Hawa she was pregnant. I don't know what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what could he have said?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 3: Girl? Girl? What's under all left stomach?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: I don't know what you could say to a pregnant woman to turn him off? Girl, girl, girl? What is under all that stomach?
Speaker 2: What's your comment on today?
Speaker 1: Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app for he never sounded so good?
Speaker 2: You can download it today now.
Speaker 1: Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, we got Junior with Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: Right after this. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.