Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today. The subject is three years later, we're still friends.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that.
Speaker 1: In just a little bit, but right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call.
Speaker 2: What you got for his nephew?
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna go down to the church, y'all. We're gonna go down to the church. That's with these church people. And then the best one shirt they the best cussles church folks, is the best cussles. They cover it up.
Speaker 2: But they didn't they been, you know, they didn't.
Speaker 1: They didnet made it over and they they got a new life. But but they ain't forgot. But they ain't forgot their old life. And sometimes you can make them, you can make them slide back to it.
Speaker 2: This right here.
Speaker 1: Now you've seen the movie, but this is the prank. I'm gonna say that one more time. I don't think y'all heard me. Ah, you've seen the movie. Well, movie, but this.
Speaker 2: Is the prank.
Speaker 1: This is right here, is called the Preacher's Wife. I'm gonna say, but this is the prank that dog. If you would Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach a Sister Angela. Sister Angela, please, how you doing. My name is brother Clayton. I'm calling you from our greatest Baptist church. How you doing this morning?
Speaker 3: Oh I'm fine, I'm fine. Good year from your brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I know that your husband, Reverend Jonathan, is actually one of the candidates that we may be choosing to be our pastor since our past pastor has stepped down.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, I'm very proud of my husband. I think it makes a very good candidate.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, here at the church, we've been asking a lot of the deacons and and and assistant ministers here have been asking different questions, different things that they would be doing once they became pastor, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like your first one hundred days.
Speaker 1: What would you try and change here at the church or try and make better so to speak?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what my husband, he's not here right now. Do you need to speak to him?
Speaker 2: No, not right now.
Speaker 1: What we decided to do, sus Angela is actually call the wives and ask them a few questions.
Speaker 3: Oh. Okay, that's a little different.
Speaker 1: And we don't want to take up too much of your time, you know, a lot of times. If a pastor is stressed at home, nine times out of ten, he's likely to be stressed at the church. So I guess my biggest question to you is is your husband stressed at home?
Speaker 3: No, not that I know of. He eats regularly, he's on a good diet. You know, he gets goes to the doctor regularly. He gets his physical pretty good at home. I don't have a reason to believe it he stressed. He certainly hasn't brought anything to my attention.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't know. I don't think you follow me, sister, Sister Andrew. What I'm saying is he's stressed behind closed doors? Is he stressed in that fashion?
Speaker 3: I'm not too sure I follow you. You say behind closed doors? Is what exactly did you mean by that?
Speaker 2: Is he is he stressed in y'all's relations Is he stressed?
Speaker 3: Are you asking me about my personal business?
Speaker 1: Brother? Well, what I'm saying is if he's stressed at home, he'll be stressed at the church. And if he's stressed at the church, then the members are stressed, Then the congregation is stressed. So the stress starts with you. Excuse me, if you are making sure that he's all right at home, he's gonna be all right at the church.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, brother, what was your name? Brother Clayton, Brother Clayton. I appreciate you conducting whatever interviews you guys need to conduct with the candidates. Wise, I do think that's pretty much personal territory and I really don't want to answer those kind of questions.
Speaker 1: It's not personal since Angela, when is so many other people involved? See, that's why I'm asking you the question, is your man stressed behind?
Speaker 3: I could assure you, yes, that my husband is not stressed at home. If I get your drift, he is not stressed behind closed doors. Brother, And I would appreciate you if you don't call with these kind of questions. Are you asking other candidates why these kind of questions?
Speaker 1: Well, I was the one dedicated to call to give you a call, and that's the question that I decide to come up with because I want to know if a man is going to be stressed, because if he's gonna have tension at the church, then the congregations is gonna have tension. The church is going to have tension, and the church cannot move forward in the direction.
Speaker 3: With my gad. My husband and I have been married twenty to five years, and they've been twenty five good years. If you get my drift, Okay, he is not stressed at home, and whatever goes on at home, my husband has sense enough not to take it to the church. That is not something he's going to do. So you don't worry about anybody else being stressed at the congregation in the pulpit nowhere. Okay, we have together at home, and I appreciate if you don't ask me those kind of questions, but sometimes let's ask me.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes a woman does not realize that a husband is stressed. You understand that there's a possible way that you don't know that he's stressed.
Speaker 3: So how can you get Let me get your phone. Matter of fact, let me get your full name. What's your first name.
Speaker 1: Let's just go with brother Clayton right now. Could you please answer this question. How can you guarantee that he is fully not stressed?
Speaker 3: Brother Clayton, I call him the Lord real quick, hold on, Brother Clayton. I'm an honorable womans. I'm a woman who stands by my man. Okay, but you are asking me some questions that are very personal, very private, very confidential. You were asking me questions that that a a question of the sacety of my marriage. Okay, my husband is not stressed, and if I don't send him away from my home stressed.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you know?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: But what are you doing to make sure that it's less stressed?
Speaker 3: Clayton, I'm about to end this phone call. Okay, now, if you this.
Speaker 1: Phone call until that we know we I need to know that Reverend Jonathan is not stressed at home. They put they assigned me to talk to you, and that's what I'm going to do, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to leave.
Speaker 3: He is not stressed. I don't know who told you that the man is not stressed. He act to stressed around you.
Speaker 1: I bet you. I bet you he's stressed because you're stressed. Ain't me right now? Now we're both stressed out. How can we understand that that man is not stressed.
Speaker 3: That's the end of this conversation. Do you understand me? Give me your full name right now, give me.
Speaker 1: Some intimate details, and then I'll give you my number.
Speaker 3: Across to my husband gets here. If this is gonna cost him mc cannithy. This so be it. We'll find another church. I have some choice words for you right now. Oh, brother Clayton.
Speaker 2: I will give you my name right now.
Speaker 3: Do you have a mean yes, I'm gonna write it right now.
Speaker 1: The letter in in is in nancy E pe.
Speaker 3: What I know how to spell?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Talker fasten n E P H e W. Kind of name is that? Nephew, your name is Nephew Clayton.
Speaker 2: My name ain't nephew Clayton.
Speaker 1: My name is nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your husband, Reverend Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Hold On, you said, this is nephew Tommy.
Speaker 1: From the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your husband got me to prank phone call you.
Speaker 3: Oh Lord, I'm gonna kill it. Oh Lord, I'll be there. I don't mean that. Oh trust me me this morning. I can't believe I let him get me. You know, thanks before? Oh my god, Tommy, I will tell you if this was twenty five years ago, brother, I cussed up a storm. I'm so glad.
Speaker 1: I'm a saved woman.
Speaker 2: Well listen, listen. Can I ask you one more thing?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: What is the baddest radio show in the.
Speaker 3: Land, The Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I just, I just, I just I just don't know. Nobody bet at it.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm just at this point in time, just worried, like, have you ever thought about Hell? Have you thought about it? You know what you are? You fiberglass. You fiberglassed it with me. That's what you are, you fire. I just won't know, do you realize?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to make sure I'm up for great miss Junior.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 2: Are you not five?
Speaker 1: Are you not five?
Speaker 2: Or glass?
Speaker 1: Okay? That crazy coming up? Sext It is a strawberry letter and the subject is three years later, we're still friends. We'll get into it right after this, as you know last Yeah, you're listening to The Hardy Morning Show.