Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, My goodness, that is loud in my headphone? Not for me? Is it louder? Now?
Speaker 2: It's good? Yeah, it's nice. Now good.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Welcome to bull Chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome. Thank you for coming to another episode of bull Chat. It's so exciting. We're so happy to have you here. It's so cool to spend time with my really good friend. Today must be a Wednesday, Yeah, which means that it's bo bull chats, the cold chat chat chat, boat chat, the boat to chat chat chat, oh, boat chat, bowl to chat, to chat, everything together in one bit. Bull. I love that that's not bad. Also, I love that you went when I played it, we need a new one though. It wasn't that bad. But meanwhile, the mind I played it.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, July twentieth. Welcome to boll Chat, the sister podcast to Serial Killers. That's the podcast where we eat cereal. And this is not but you probably already knew that. It's the same thing. It's on the same thing.
Speaker 1: You probably already knew that, fellow listeners, So we thank you for being here. If you came here for cereal, come back Monday, Okay, and again I'm sure listeners know that. Thank you guys, there might be a new one or two, don't you think? Do you think that every week we have new listeners? I was going to be at least one, right, I would hope, I think. But again, it's clearly marked on the page that it's bull chat. So what all right?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get into it because I love you and I'm not going to argue with it.
Speaker 1: Every time you brought this up to someone, they always say that you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Tot's cool, Andy, That's right. I just said it. It's fine. What Tot's cool? Why would you say that? Totally cool? It's fine?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Right? Can I have a straw, a paper straw? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, it's gonna upset by that. Yeah, it's going to disintegrate momentarily, you know. Okay, So I just went to pick up these ice teas for us because I had to feed the meter sixty seven dollars later.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't the sixty seven dollars. It was just I walked in, I said two iced teas please, and the girl like she almost snorted at me, as if I don't even know what she would say, but she I walked up and her face was like, was.
Speaker 1: It the girl with glasses. Yeah, kind of tall. Yes, she's new.
Speaker 2: Oh, she didn't care that I ordered anything.
Speaker 1: She is so only because I go there every day. The really nice shorter woman who has a kiky delivery. You don't know it, but it's an animate Kikys delivery. Okay, okay, I love it. We've bonded over it before with right, But she was training her and she was like, all right, so it's time for one of you to go on break, Like, are one of you ready to go on break? And the girl's like, I guess I'll go. And it's like you're in for all these people and you're gonna sound like that that's the thing.
Speaker 2: And of course after I ordered n page, she flipped the screen over and it said tip, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know what, flip the screen you haven't in front.
Speaker 2: Of that's right, Okay. So I tapped the screen and it said tip, and I was like, really, normally i'd give a dollar or two or whatever, and I did. I gave a dollar just because it was there. And I feel like hitting no tip sets off an alarm in the back and the pee and your stuff, So I don't I always give something? Okay, you know, but I felt like I didn't. I didn't want to. But then again, I was giving it to the shorter girl.
Speaker 1: It's so hot in here, it's actually okay, So I was giving it to the girl in the back. I hope they don't split their tips, because it wasn't for her, it was for her. Yeah. That whole staff is really nice, except that new one. She's not very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she needs to be trained better.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, but it must be hard to work in customer service like that these days. I feel like, especially now, it's hard. Oh of course, and it's hard to get people, so they'll take whatever they can. Yeah, miserable or not. Oh, so many people yelling at you? Who has intolerances? Who's coming up to you being like I asked for oat milk and this is amand which would be bad if you're alder nuts, But you get the point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then as I walked back into the building, there was a sign that said all actions on elevator and in lobby are captured on closed circuit TV.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, but that's old. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Closed circuit TV is like what banks had in the seventies with that giant box camera that would rotate back and forth. They called that closed circuit television. Now it's just you're monitored by video surveillance. That's really all it is. The last time I heard the term closed circuit television is during WrestleMania, the very first one, when you couldn't watch it on TV and it was only available on closed circuit television. And I don't even know what that was. You had to go to like arenas or something and watch it on a closed circuit wasn't a pay per view.
Speaker 1: That was pre pay per view?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it was a year before pay per view, because I think the next year was on pay per view. But yeah, closed circuit TV. Interesting, damn. I mean, it's not an open circuit.
Speaker 1: He's closed for only people that are you know whatever, shocked exactly, Color me shocked. Let me tell you someth empt in the p dance in that elevator many a time.
Speaker 2: Why we only go up three floors?
Speaker 1: No? Well, sometimes if I go, well, if I go up to four. Sometimes if I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, and do you think they're actually watching?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: There are times where I'll be picking my nose and I'll be like, oh, and I'll see the camera right.
Speaker 1: There and you'll make sure to look at it.
Speaker 2: But do you think that they only look at it if something goes wrong and they go back and look at footage, or do you think the guy at the front desk is like, yeah, I'm gonna watch him in the elevator.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure he probably has his favorites. If I worked at a desk and I knew that, like, oh man, this one, this one doesn't know I'm watching, but he like, I don't start dancing in the elevator or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think there are very few people that actually realize that they're being watched constantly, Like like when you get into an elevator, you don't think that there's a camera on. So that's where you do your private stuff. Yeah, I don't mean like that stuff. I mean like picking nose and picking your ear, Yeah, stuff like that. And you know you're out in the street walking around there's cameras everywhere. Yeah, and you don't know, yeah, until you do something wrong.
Speaker 1: Do you ever think about, like, that's the last time someone would have seen you on video and then I died, Like if it was a frontline or dateline, yeah, dateline special and they found the where walking into the T mobile store.
Speaker 2: And that's the last time I was seen walking.
Speaker 1: Do you see that girl? Well, it's not funny and I'm not laughing either. Byes had to preface it. The girl who walked out of her house with the ring camera. No, yeah, but you do a fall. It was a mom and she just like left her. The last thing they have on her is leaving the house on the ring camera, and they have no idea where she went. She left without her phone because she said she was in a rush. That to me, I know this is not a true crime podcast, but I'm finding it a little suspicious, is all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: That's a forty eight hours mystery it is I've ever heard one.
Speaker 1: Because she just left and she's vanished and nobody knows where she is now.
Speaker 2: I think it's very rare that people go anywhere without their phone. And she lost her Apple watch. She didn't bring her Apple watch because she was she was late to work. Well, she probably didn't want to be tracked. That's why she left everything behind.
Speaker 1: This is what I said. Huh, we could be detectives. Yeah, I don't know if i'd be good at that. No, my super sleuth thing might be a little poor.
Speaker 2: I could see you like sitting in an old Dodge diplomat with a with a big hat and sunglasses and a big long cigarette and cups of coffee and newspapers on the dashboard. You're you're in the big long camera lens. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh? Perfect, you're a private dick. You'll have to watch the YouTube to see Andy in disguise.
Speaker 2: Yep. But yeah, every once in a while you have to peak over your glasses every once in a while. M hm, with the binoculars.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. That one. That one freaks me out a little bit, that they went missing. There's so much stuff like that that happens that you don't hear about. And I always watched them before I go to bed, and that's not good.
Speaker 2: No, don't do that. Just watch the news, because it's always good. It's great to fall asleep to the news.
Speaker 1: I guess you're right. Shark bites and murders and all coming up at eleven. What your kids don't know is in their school meet.
Speaker 2: That's too late for me. I watched the nine o'clock. There are very few markets that have nine o'clock news, true, and we do. It's on kind of a local issue station that most people can't get even though it's CBS affiliate. It's not the CBS affiliate, but they still do the CBS local news at nine o'clock and then they rerun it at nine thirty, which is kind of weird. Yeah, but I like that because I fall asleep to the nine o'clock. Ten o'clock is just too late. I can't stay up till ten. It's too much. At eleven forget about it, you know, unless it's a Friday night. Maybe yeah, maybe, Well I work Saturday mornings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. But sometimes I stay up late on a Friday because I can wake up an extra hour later on Saturday because I work from home on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Don't tell anyone. I don't know if I'm supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: He just exposed it whatever. Yeah, I don't. I will say, are you more of a morning person or a night person? Well, I mean I get up at three fifty whatever in the morning, so I guess you're more of a morning I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I'll ever actually be a morning person, you know. I mean, yeah, I get up, and yeah, I don't like. I never I've never hit my snooze ever my alarm goes off or I get up before it. I get up and I get ready and I leave. Yeah, so I'm not like a just five more minutes. I've never been like that, So I just get up. So I guess I'm a morning person. Yeah, and I like to like.
Speaker 1: I think I'm more of a morning person. I mean, I'm here at I wake up at four fifty. That's my first alarm. You got an hour on me, I said, a second alarm for five. It's going to be four thirty when we move. I am not.
Speaker 2: It's further for everybody. It sucks.
Speaker 1: Do you want to play this crazy game? No, it's called absurd trolley problems, I ask you, and it tells you things I don't understand. Oh hey, Nate, Oh hi, Nate.
Speaker 2: You know that's not a hallway. You know, I know, have a great day in eleven, bye bye, take care. Okay, this says that dorney's oil. I know, we get some WD forty in this bitch. I wish.
Speaker 1: Oh no, a trolley's heading towards five people. You can pull a lever to divert it to the other track, killing one person, and said, what would you do?
Speaker 2: Depends on who the five people are.
Speaker 1: You have to pick one, pull a lever or do nothing. Is it going to kill the one person or kill five people? I'll pull the lever, of course, who are the five people?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Seventy eight percent of people agree with you.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's the nice thing to do, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's pulling towards five people. The other track has four people. Do you pull the lever and make it kill four? Or kill five? Still?
Speaker 2: Four kill always less?
Speaker 1: And if you're seven percent of people agree with you. But if you pull the lever, there's a chance if you pull the lever really quick while the train's moving, there's a chance that'll go off the tracks and won't kill anybody. Is gonna will what? Oh? No, a trolley's heading towards five people. You can pull the lever to divert it to the other track. But then your life savings are destroyed. Well, I don't have any of those, so I'll pull the lever all right. Your life savings are destroyed.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Only seventy percent of people agree with you. Okay, ooh, you're a real asshole if you would kill five people just to for your life saving and keep your money? Yeah, like, how much could you really have?
Speaker 2: It depends on how old you are and what your job is true and what your expensive is.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk would definitely pull the if not pull the lever, might not. A trolley's heading towards five people. You could pull it to divert it to the other track, sacrificing yourself instead. Ooh, that's a tough one. It is a tough thing. That is a tough one, very tough one. I would not pull the lever, do nothing. I would so you kill them. Sixty percent of people agree with you.
Speaker 2: Wait did they have kids?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, this one's easy. You pull it to divert to the other track. But then the original copy of the Mona Lisa is destroyed, So five people die or the Mona Lisa screw.
Speaker 2: The Mona Lisa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steve is say, ooh, I pressed do nothing by accident. Oh come on, well, it doesn't really affect anything. It's just games. Oh no, a trolley's heading towards a rich man. The rich man offers you five hundred thousand to pull the lever, which would divert the trolley and kill someone else.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll do that, you would. It's one person either way, so what's the difference. That's that is good thinking, right, and now I got money. Thirty eight percent of people agree with you. Yeah, wow, I would expect more. But yeah, well think hard about that. You're gonna kill one person no matter what. Yeah so, but but maybe the other person's not a jerk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: A trolley's heading towards five lobsters. You could pull it or runs over a cat instead, say the lobsters or kill the cat.
Speaker 2: Well, someone's going to eat the lobsters anyway, so screw the lobsters. The cat has many many. Oh but then again, the cat has like eight more lives. That's not real. Oh, it's just a food.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If a cat gets run over by a trolley, the cat's dead. I kill the lobsters and then we could eat them anyway, and they'll be cooked already, So good. Perfect trolley lobsters. Ooh, this one's really hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's heading towards five people who are sleeping and won't feel pain. You can pull it to divert it to the other track, running over someone who's wide awake.
Speaker 2: Instead, still have to divert it kill the one person. There's still five lives.
Speaker 1: But they are sleeping and they won't feel pain versus the one person who's gonna be screaming. The whole matter, it's still five families that are gonna be missing. They're so you're pulling it?
Speaker 2: Pulling it?
Speaker 1: Ah? Sixty six percent of people agree, Well, you have to think is logical? Oh oh, this one's hard. It's heading towards five people who tied themselves to the track. You can pull it to divert it to the other track, getting rid of one person who accidentally tripped.
Speaker 2: I that's difficut. But you know what, they tied themselves there, so they're looking for the trolley to come. So I just let it go.
Speaker 1: Do nothing? Okay? How many percent eighty eight percent of people? Okay, Because you have to think. These are thinking questions, Oh no, what this one? A trolley's heading towards five people. The lever just speeds up the trolley, which might make it less painful. Do you do five or one? One? What it goes faster.
Speaker 2: Faster to kill the five or regular speed to kill the one? Is it less painful or no?
Speaker 1: Still one?
Speaker 2: I'm still gonna kill the one, right, Yeah, it doesn't matter how fast it's going.
Speaker 1: I hurt? Would you do I press the wrong one? Oh? Come on, Andy, but it doesn't matter it might Wait are we going to do this the whole show? Now? Can we stop? Now? One? I'm trying to see if there's a funnier one.
Speaker 2: None of these are funny. You're killing people.
Speaker 1: Trolley's heading towards your best friend. You can it's me, I'm on the track. Okay, you can pull the lever to divert it to the other track, killing five strangers instead?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: So who what are you gonna do? Scott? I'm loyal to you, so I would I guess i'd kill the five people you're pulling the lever?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Could I have another friend in that group?
Speaker 1: Though? No? Are you strangers? Strangers? Sixty two percent of people agreed with you.
Speaker 2: Will I never know who they are or who their families are. Yeah, they're not going to come to you and be.
Speaker 1: Like, that's the lever trolley guy. What he did.
Speaker 2: I'll keep you and let them go. Love you, Andy, Thank you all right, Are we done?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, this person forgot their glasses.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When's the last time that your parents asked you to do something technological that is so simple to you that you were like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I can tell you that really easy.
Speaker 2: It happens frequently, doesn't.
Speaker 1: It very frequently. It's always funny when my mom asks to she wanted what was it? What was it? She doesn't like the new Firefox window. Okay, she doesn't realize that the browser updated. Okay, she's con vinced it looked another way, which she's correct, But you cannot go back to get it to be that way. So I'm trying to teach her this is the new way the window works.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I can understand how somebody you know what it must get?
Speaker 1: It does go in a USB flash drive. That was the other one.
Speaker 2: Well, my dad asked me for one of those yesterday. I have to go pick him up one. He's like, wait, you can delete things that are on it? Like yes, And then he was on his desktop on his PC and he said, I have all these things on my desktop. Can I put them in a folder? Somehow? How do I make. I said, I can make you a folder. You can make a folder and a new folder. Yes, So I just new folder real quick, titled it and just dragged them all and he's liked, wait, whoa. But see that's the thing, and that's why, you know, children get frustrated with their parents and they just do it. They don't show them how to do it. And that's a problem because then they're going to continuously have to ask you for stuff if you don't show them how to do things. So I said, okay, right click, drag and drop, yeah, or was it left click? I forget if it's right click, whatever the hell it was. And so I showed him and then I went in the pool, and thirty seconds later he came out, Wait a minute, can you show me that again. I deleted something by mistake, and I don't know where I put it. So I had to go back in and show him again. And then my mom the little the phone on the iPhone, the icon to make phone calls, yeah, disappeared, so she's like, I can't make.
Speaker 1: Phones place by accident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I had to go back there and put that.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, it's things that are really simple to us that are like world ending to people over sixty. Yeah, and I try and be as patient as I can.
Speaker 2: Me too, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Well, I am because you know, like you always say, one day, I'm going to be in that position. You're right, So I'm only going to hope that someone shows that patience with me. Plus, you really don't when it comes to teaching. I think I'm a very patient person. I don't mind explaining it to you. I just need to know that you're engaged and listening.
Speaker 2: Paying attention.
Speaker 1: If I find that you're not paying attention, or if I'm trying to explain something to you and you're on your phone, I will get very very annoyed.
Speaker 2: It's just very hard for our elders to follow along because these are these are devices that they did not grow up with. You know, this was all thrust upon them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, relatively quickly insane, you know, I mean even for you know me, Yes, you call me whatever, I'm a boomer, but I'm not. No, I mean I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't have phones when I was growing up until I was probably late middle school exactly, you know, and those were not these kind of phones. Yeah, those would just make a phone call good luck, yes, and beepers and that was it. But so I mean this, so this stuff came up pretty fast and hard for me too.
Speaker 1: And you know, watching film and Louise Yesterday, okay, and that movie, the whole movie is them calling on payphones the landlines, yes, making stops. And that's in the nineties, right, So this is you think nowadays they'd be on their phones the whole time. They'd be tracked for their entire runaway trip.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, unless they use what burner phones? I guess can you track those two?
Speaker 1: Uh? They can? Ping? Cell cell towers.
Speaker 2: Got and you just buy those at seven eleven like that? You so you could just go into a store and just buy a cell phone, use it for a little bit, and throw it away.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's the concept of a burner phone. That's so.
Speaker 2: That's so strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the track phones okay, yeah, and they come in the like hard shell plastic that you need scissors to open.
Speaker 2: Oh so you don't steal them?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, they're sealed up tight. That's like even in the target they have those two.
Speaker 2: Okay, it just burped. Hey can we take a break real quick? Oh sure, thanks? I got to cough this out.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold please, okay, hurry ready, and we'll be back right after this. See I muted it, Edward, but I never saw that before. Yeah, you put the red buttons on. Yeah that's cool. Yeah, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It is very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If I get annoyed with you, I could just Hey, no, when you went to where do you think.
Speaker 2: I really state?
Speaker 1: Is that maybe you would want to live in one day?
Speaker 2: And that's it?
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 2: You cut that whole thing out. Yep, that's so messed up. Hey, can we talk about real quick. When's the last time you did a thon?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was actually bikes Walkathon, bikeathon.
Speaker 1: I do I do everyone I do it. I'm a person who runs on Thanksgiving. I know. I know people hate people like that. I've always seen memes where it's like, make sure you never are friends with someone who like wakes up early and runs on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Well, you're a loner, a rebel.
Speaker 1: I like it. What movie The Outsiders? No?
Speaker 2: No, what is it? Pony Boy?
Speaker 1: What is it? Pee Wee's Big Adventure? Oh, I'm a loaner. Hal that's when his bike got stolen. Yeah, that's not the big top Adventure.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that was that was he was Paul Rubens was just on a celebrity family feud. It was really weird. Yeah, and Drew Carrey was on his team.
Speaker 1: It was this.
Speaker 2: It was a really strange combination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is very odd.
Speaker 2: Yeah but anyway, So back to Athon's. So, I mean when I was younger, I we do walkathons and fine, you know, I don't know if I ever what what Oh are you going home with Skary?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, no, he's not gonna go home with you. Sorry, Bye, guys, take care. Oh his calfs are so big. Yeah, I wonder like, so I feel my calf.
Speaker 2: Well, that's muscle, right, I think I think his is M and m's peanut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say they hurt. If you those are tight, I know, wow, dude, you can beat someone up with them with my calf Seriously, mine get tight when I do a Thon's.
Speaker 2: So you know I'm a I'm a big bike rider.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love riding my bike. I'll take my bike out, I'll ride to the beach, I'll go twenty twenty miles. You know, I love to ride.
Speaker 1: Ye to ride my bike.
Speaker 2: So I'm doing the Empire State ride this Saturday. Cool, and you know who's doing it with me?
Speaker 1: Nate.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying to get Nate to do it if he can come down for Westchester.
Speaker 1: I was really hoping I could have done this.
Speaker 2: I know I was trying to get you to do it, but you're like, oh, sorry, I'm gonna be in the beach house with Tommy and Gina.
Speaker 1: Yep, So you know I could have done this bull chat from there. Yeah, but it's more I'm bringing all my equipment.
Speaker 2: It's more fun together. And it's always a mess. You got drunk people screaming in the back, and this one's passed out on the couch and this one's got a smoking weed on. Oh, speaking of smoking weed, I brought you something.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we you should finish your no, no.
Speaker 2: No, I'm all over the place. Let me give you this first, but remind me bicycle.
Speaker 1: Bicycle, bicycle, bike bike bicycle. I ordered this for you. This is limited edition. Okay, it's it's the first day issue. Check it out. Nancy Reagan stamp.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's first day issue. That's that's gonna be worth something one day. If that's not, you can't use that stamp. It's on an envelope. It's the first day release issue.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, that's a collector's item. Just say no, yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're very welcome. I thought of you and I ordered that for you.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate that. I like when you think of me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what you're gonna do with it. I'm gonna keep it.
Speaker 1: The problem is, I'm a hoarder, so I'm now gonna now that you said that this could mean something in the future, I'm gonna hold on to this and then when I'm like eighty five, I'm gonna go back through my chatchkes and be like, this is worth something.
Speaker 2: I mean, chances are it'll be worth less. Yeah, but you know, just keep it in the plastic. Okay, and you know, good thing.
Speaker 1: I almost opened it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't keep it in the plastic and just hang on to it.
Speaker 1: Thanks Nancy.
Speaker 2: See here's the thing, like if you if you really want it to be cool, you take it to the post office, like in the city that it was issued, and they'll stamp it with the stamper and that's really cool. Like you see those every once in a while, Like there were some two dollar bills from nineteen seventy six. There's a special stamp on it and they stamp it from the from the date of issue and that that's really cool and that's worth some stuff. Anyway, back to the bike thing.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you whatever Tavern's making right now, I want it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to repeat Peta. So the Empire State Ride, it's this Saturday morning bike July twenty third bike. It is a cancer ride. So it is to stamp out cancer.
Speaker 1: That's really nice of you.
Speaker 2: And so I'm trying to get Nate to do it, but I'll already Matt, you know, the one who always texts and says how much this podcast sucks. Yep, he is. He's riding it with me. And you know what, you know what Our team is called.
Speaker 1: Cerealssly Cereal Lesslee Nuts because we are for riding twenty five miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to say that I'm very proud of you.
Speaker 2: And if any of our serial Killers of bull Chat fans would like to donate a little bit, maybe a dollar or two, or maybe a two dollar bill, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: We'll post the link.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll put the link on our serial Killer's website.
Speaker 1: Website. Oh yeah, just the website.
Speaker 2: No, we can put it where. I don't know how, what's what's the ball assist? Hey, hey, Sonny, can you teach me how to post something?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Dad, Okay, So we'll find it somewhere. Oh, Queen.
Speaker 1: If this was a radio show, I'd play this is your bed while you talk about it. Scotty Me has a bikeathon coming up. Tell us a little bit about your bike ride.
Speaker 2: That is, queen right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's going to be twenty five miles along the majestic roads of the north shore of Long Island. Love it. It starts at Roosevelt Park in Oyster Bay and travels along whatever the hell road that is over there up near Brookville and whatever up there on Long Island.
Speaker 2: Is that the Gold Coast? I don't even know. But it's twenty five miles and it's like on the regular roads, Like the auxiliary cop is there, like blocking off the side of the road, and you know he's gonna say to us, hurry up, let's go cos you're trailing bikes.
Speaker 1: Scare me. Like to ride a bike on a road like that? Yeah, I hate it because I just think if I fall rocks. I'm gonna fall into traffic.
Speaker 2: I have to wear my helmet. Of course, I'm gonna wear the cool bike gloves too, with no fingers. What that's official. I kind of have to, yeah, because when you change gears, it starts, you know it rubs a lot. Yeah, speaking of rubs a lot, you have to wear the right underwear, like, yeah, you have to wear it to run too or else that chafing is real on Saturday. You could call me sir rubs a lot. But I might wear like the closest thing to tidy whities because they kind of hold it in all the way. Look, if you ride twenty five miles and you're just wearing loose fitting things, it feels like you're vibrating the whole time and you got punch in the balls and by the time you're done, they're numb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that ain't fun.
Speaker 2: Speaking of I mean, this is probably t m I. But they dipped in the water here at the radio station, so either they're sagging or the water is coming up to a higher level. Usually it's only Terminal five at JFK, the Jet Blue terminal. But hello, the other day here, that's just weird, right, cool?
Speaker 1: Okay. Cool.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so if you want to come out and watch, you can it'll or you know, make signs, Yeah, make signs, go cereal lessly, Lessie, you.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't do a tough mutter.
Speaker 2: You said, I could not do a tough mutter. I just can't. That's a lot of training.
Speaker 1: I think. It's not. I gotta you swim the electric eels or something get electrocuted. No, they got rid of that part. It's like mattress springs that are hooked up to battery eas No, no, no, I can't stop that.
Speaker 2: I can't. You gotta go over that wall.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, it's really easy. I'd be like kicking on the wall. I would be able to go over, and some would be pushing my butt up and fall. But if it has slots like slats slots, what's it between the slat and a slot?
Speaker 2: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well to continue aarn O's that's the difference. Cool. So you couldn't like walk or climb over it. You'd be afraid. Is there anything? It's not like a ladder, It almost is, because there's places for your feet to go. You just have to like climb over it.
Speaker 2: But it's muddy and slippery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's a part of the fine.
Speaker 2: And then you keep falling off and you hurt yourself. Yeah, I did not fall off the one I did it. You did a tough mutter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done a tough mutter. I did another one, like a extreme champion one. Yeah, so you really would be good on the Amazing Race. I could do Amazing Race or Survivor. I could huh, let me tell you something something these calves. Yeah, I could do a lot. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm really still annoyed that they never called us back for Lingo. That's just such bs, such bs, and you want to know, I think I ruined it. I apologize because they asked what other shows that we've been on, and I said Rachel Ray. And when I said Rachel Ray, they like, what was it about?
Speaker 1: And how long were you on? But you know, and I was like, it was like three minutes and it was about, you know, me being a slob. It's fine, so but they I don't think they liked that for some reason. Yeah, but it sucks. We would have got a trip to London we to do the Amazing Race. We need to just make a casting video and submit it.
Speaker 2: I think we're better off on just a regular straight up game show. We'll stand there and answer questions.
Speaker 1: Amazing race. The opportunities you get from that are way better, Okay, because then you get invited to now they have that new CBS challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just it's it's too much for me. I'm not I'm not okay in a situation like that, you'd be fine. I'm as much as you say that I am. I told you that I'm really not good under pressure. I'm not. Yeah, but that's why here I am with this because I'm familiar with this, and I know, like when we're about to go off the air, I can stick like ten seconds and real quick and I can figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when we're on like in some foreign country and like a you know, I'm about to like I don't know, miss a train or something, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: It's less about the race and more about the challenges though, right what I've watched years ago, I know, putting things together, like hustles and going places and figuring out things.
Speaker 2: Like I'm afraid i'd look like an idiot. Well, I mean I know I.
Speaker 1: Do that in my own No. I was gonna say everybody runs that risk when they put themselves out there on television.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, that's I just want to stand at a podium and hit the buzzer and go uh six.
Speaker 1: See. I'd be more afraid of that one. If I'm just being completely honest, I would hate to do that. And then it's like me standing there like a me going Andrew, you idiot, Yeah, that would be the entire show. Yeah, me walking around being like.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's the entertainment, and then you just being like like the typewriter guy from Sesame Street. Yes, now you remember, yes, right?
Speaker 1: X no X ray no no no, x no no.
Speaker 2: We just did the whole bit.
Speaker 1: You know, I need to make a new casting tape for Survivor. You do, yeah, long ago. Guess who what happened? Nobody? They contacted me. You just made one though, Yeah, and you're like, hey, Scotty, why do you think I should be on Survivor? Well, no, that was I made that one in January. This one. Here's the thing. I usually wait and then I watch it like seventeen thousand times to make sure it's like perfect. But you know what, I've realized doing that makes it bad.
Speaker 2: You just have to do it the first time. Yes, I just send it. Yes, that's the most organic natural take is the first one when we made.
Speaker 1: The lingo casting video, that was a one shot and we both got calls.
Speaker 2: That's right, you're right.
Speaker 1: So I'm done with the whole produced thing. I'm just gonna do one take. I'm just gonna say, you know what, boom boom bam.
Speaker 2: And you know what, every time, every time we record a promo for Serial Killers, the first one always sucks and we just say.
Speaker 1: Nope, we should just do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, let's record one right now. Okay, okay, all right. Hey I'm Scott and I'm Andrew and we do a podcast called serial Killers.
Speaker 1: We also have an episode every Wednesday called bull Chat. No, we're not promoting this whatever.
Speaker 2: It's serial Killers where we eat cereal and we try cereal and let you know whether it's good or crappy.
Speaker 1: We've had over seven hundred cereals.
Speaker 2: Isn't that insane?
Speaker 1: Absolutely insane?
Speaker 2: Listen wherever you find your podcast, it's serial Killers.
Speaker 1: With a C. Find it on your iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to podcasts. Duh said that.
Speaker 2: Clink, clink, crunch crunch. Okay, so I mean whatever, but you just put all kinds of fun sound effects in the background and it'll work.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, or we could do what the Brooklyn Boys do and take out like a SoundBite.
Speaker 2: That's from the show. But yeah, that's a lot of work. You have to remember when you said something funny.
Speaker 1: We have to have a memorable sound bite. I still think that the the what was it the dinner party? When do we have the fire? Oh?
Speaker 2: That was the Spoonies. Yeah, the Spoonies fire was one of my favorite things I've heard.
Speaker 1: We they set like the date for it and everything, like for twenty twenty two Spoonies. Yeah, it's huge. There's a lot of cereals.
Speaker 2: In contention, if you bowl chatters don't know what the Spoonies are. On the Serial Killers podcast, at the end of the year, we you know, we rank and give awards to all the serials of the year. Yeah, so it's always a war show of the year. It's almost time to vote. We got to get rolled. No, it's actually still midyear. We're good for a bit. November is usually when we do it. That's only did it last time.
Speaker 1: That was the cutoff.
Speaker 2: Oh that's for votes? Well yeah, is it televised this year? Oh, it's going to be on.
Speaker 1: YouTube or maybe we'll live stream it on Twitch. Yeah, that could be fine.
Speaker 2: What's the other one that's sounds like a bad thing? That's not Maybe you have to pay for it this year. Maybe you have to pay to watch it Patreon? Yeah that one. I don't like the way that sounds. Okay, it just it sounds like a group of people that are protesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, doesn't it? Maybe I don't know. I don't know either.
Speaker 2: Whatever. What else?
Speaker 1: Did the bike thing? Did the old person technology thing? We have fifteen minutes before I have to end this.
Speaker 2: All I gave you Nancy Reagan?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Are you a philatalist? What a philatalist? No? I don't know what that is?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 1: Now? What is it? It's a person that collects staffs. Oh, that's fine.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, every year there would be a book of stamps. It would be like an album of all the stamps that were released that year, and there would be one stamp in a little sheet and would be pasted in this book. And I had them for years. And then when I was a dumb teenager, probably like twelve or thirteen. I started using them to mail letters, you know, because you know, back back in the eighties and early nineties, you still put things in the mail. And now I'm like, what an.
Speaker 1: Idiot you are?
Speaker 2: You took all you had, all those books of stamps from the eighties and you use them just like if they were regular stamps.
Speaker 1: You stupid idiot. Not great. It annoys me. You know, I mailed things, you do I mailed, Yeah, I'm well, I mean you asked me to mail. Well, I've mailed things in the past too. And in the nineties, Stick Sticky on Nickelodeon. Do you remember stick Sticky? I don't you probably I was a little too old at that point. I'm stick Sticky and he had like little eyes and it was a popsicle stick and he asked you to write him. So I wrote to him. I swear to this day I saw my letter in the background of one of the shots. Really, I'm convinced never have. If I can go back and find all old stick Stickley videos on YouTube, somebody had to have recorded every single one of him, I'm sure, but I am convinced that my letter was there, and I saw it and I to this. I believe I saw it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Gave me the biggest smile.
Speaker 2: I don't know if any of my letters were ever read on TV.
Speaker 1: He didn't read it. It was just he was a popsicle stick. So it's super thin and he's standing in the back with all these letters.
Speaker 2: It's super imposed on a green screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was never that important where they would read my letter. I've said it in the past. I've sent letters to everyone everywhere. When I was a kid, I loved writing letters because I loved getting mail. Yeah, so I would just wait by them. I would be the kid that waited by the mailbox to get the mail. I was like, hey, hey, what was his name? Not Gus, not Bert Buck. My mailman's name was Buck. Nice And back then they were mailmen. Now they're letter carriers. Oh you know, you can't say mailman anymore, not allowed. I don't know who barred that, but it's.
Speaker 2: A letter carrier now. Even says on their little jacket letter carrier sense legit. It does like letter carrier sends way more bad ass. But it also makes me think you can only carry letters. They deliver packages as well.
Speaker 1: True, right, and who writes letters anymar Well, they're all bills anyway, sud you say bill deliverer is what it should say, letter carrier.
Speaker 2: We just carry them. We don't put them in your box. And did you know that when I was a kid, Andrew, you had a lick a stamp. Yes, there was no like sticking it on. Yeah, lick Okay, there were calories in those stamps, so like if you they it tasted like sugary. No it didn't or is that just the envelope? Some of them gross. Some of them were like bitter and gross, like the publisher's clearing house stamps. Those taste bitter and gross. So you want to win ten million, you have to lick ass. It's disgusting. So yeah, although a lot of those are peel and stick now too, I still enter that.
Speaker 1: The Price Water Cooper House, Publishers clearing House, that one. Yes, who wins that?
Speaker 2: People do?
Speaker 1: Andrew?
Speaker 2: I used to work there. I know that people see I'm probably not supposed to be allowed to enter anymore because I did work there at one point. Yeah, I'm sure it's like you're way over your time, don't They don't even know that I worked there? It's just stupid.
Speaker 1: It's like the contesting here, you're not supposed to win for another, what thirty forty days?
Speaker 2: They changed it. It's actually like three days now. I'm not even kidding. They changed the contest rules here and didn't tell anybody. Really, you can win like after two days here. It's not thirty days anymore. Seriously, that's insane. It is insane. Yeah, so that's encouraging prize pigginess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sure you've seen your fair share of price pigs.
Speaker 2: I have. I used to be one, Yeah, and then I started working here and I hated them. But then I realized, you know what that was me? Yeah, so I welcome it, you know. But yeah, No, I was always the kid that entered everything, and even as an adult, I told you I won that trip to Iceland by cutting out the little thing in the daily News and pasting down the barcodes and sending an entry for him in and I want.
Speaker 1: A trip to Iceland. I believe that some of the things that I entered when I was a kid weren't real. Half of these ones where it was like would you win a chance to be on set, win this cruise, win this, They didn't do anything. What kid actually won that? Well?
Speaker 2: You at the bottom of the contest form, there's something that says, for a complete winners list, send a self address damp envelope to blah blah blah blah blah blah, and then they would send you back the winner's list.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: They have to buy law what?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And there's always like alternate ways of entry, Like you don't ever have to buy anything. That's why they say no purchase necessary. But sometimes they'll make you jump through hoops to enter, like you know, it has to be a four x six card and you have to write like that. It's very specific, so if you don't follow the directions exactly, your entry goes in the garbage.
Speaker 1: I think that I'm gonna cut that part out and make it a TikTok.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: The fact that you can mail like a contest, like a mailing contest, Yes, to find out the complete winners list. I had no idea that was a thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, it has to be by law.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean nowadays you can probably do it online. But if you look at a contest form, it'll say for a complete list of winners, send as you know, how to put a stamp on an envelope because you have to you know what a self addressed stamped envelope is. Yes, that's an envelope with your address on it and a stamp. Yes, and then they send you something. Yes. That's also the way that you can get extra contest entries for some contests. Also the way you could do a copyright.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you do a self addressed envelope and you send it to yourself, you put in or a patent. I should say, you self address it to yourself. That's like a part. Do you own any patents? I don't. I would like a patent for what. I want to patent your shopping cart, shower cab. I should I should cat shopping card, shower cap cap. Yes, I would like a patent for something, maybe for a non sleppable drink.
Speaker 2: I'll patent that. There's gotta be some straw that will do you need that? Not me? Oh andy, we should have a contest with what. I don't know. What can we give away?
Speaker 1: Come and beyond stereal? Kill us? Just gidding? Okay, that actually a complete list. I think that a lot of people would enter that. Oh my godness, you need to stretch. You stretch my arm, you're look at you need to take your shirt off more? Can you stretch? No, you have such a farmer's town. I know you really need to, like, sit on a beach for a minute. It's alabaster white. You live like ten minutes from a beach. Go sit on a beach. Not in Jersey City. Yeah, you know, goodness, I would never in my life there the people. Okay, here's the thing, and this is what I'll say about TikTok Okay, they romanticize these places. If I'm in the like, that are gross, without a doubt. Everybody's trying to make it seem like, oh, New York and the semin is fine. No it's not. It's swampy. It's disgusting New York City. Yes, the beaches are not close. You go all the way to Coney Island and for what Yeah, no, you have to hit a little further out east Andrew to swimming in the Hudson River. No, no, I don't think you can listen. The people want.
Speaker 2: To go yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not jail, immediate jail.
Speaker 2: No, just death.
Speaker 1: Ugh.
Speaker 2: Ugh Long Island has some fine beaches, Andrew. You should come on out, I would scuba dot. My dad scuba dives in the pool. That's it. His big claim to fame is he went to Bone Air one time and went scuba diving and took pictures of fish. And now if you come to his house, there is a scuba tank with a little vest sitting at the side of the pool. And every once in a while I'll go in the backyard, he'll be under the water scuba dive. Well, he vacuums scuba diving scooba. Do you know what scuba stands for?
Speaker 1: See nope, sound nope, nope, self contained underwater apparatus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. But yeah, so he's scuba dives in the pool just to vacuum it. You know what, It's smart, I guess, But I just I'm nervous that one of these days he's gonna run out of water under there, I run out of air.
Speaker 1: Well, has he gotten refills on his tank?
Speaker 2: He has, but I think his gauge is broken.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's scary.
Speaker 2: He just actually got it refilled.
Speaker 1: Well, then he could just swim up it's in a pool.
Speaker 2: No, but he's wearing a weight belt, so unless he can like quickly take the weight belt off, he'll.
Speaker 1: Just be I think he'll be able to get up just fine, I hope. So yeah, yeah, well there is a whistle on the vest, so he could just blow the whistle for underwater.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's an underwater whistle. You just blow it for help.
Speaker 1: That's a thing. Uh huh. I had no idea. I mean, no one I'll hear it. Yeah, but he could blow it. That movie Open Water has always scared me. Never saw it with the scuba divers and then they get like abandoned by the ship and then they're just floating.
Speaker 2: Do you have to leave?
Speaker 1: What time is it is?
Speaker 2: It's that time?
Speaker 1: I could do three more minutes, Okay, I will go to ten fifty.
Speaker 2: See, I don't think of that. I ever want a scuba dive. I've been to.
Speaker 1: I want a scuba dive. I don't get a looser education so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want. I'm not interested. And mostly because I don't want to put that gross thing in my mouth. Okay, other people have used it. Unless I have my own regulator. That's what it's called a regulator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went scuba diving. You did in Puerto Rico? Was it scary? No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And they taught you, like, if the mask comes out, how to put it back on. And that happened to me while I was swimming, and my dad said, I was never He was like shocked, how calm I was. I heard that if you have to vomit, that you're supposed to keep it in your mouth and not take it off and vomit in it, or just tell us that that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just heard that somewhere and it made sense because otherwise the water, like, I don't know, I don't know much about scuba diving. I just watched my dad's scuba dive in the pool. That's it. I like snorkeling, but I don't think I want a scuba dive.
Speaker 1: The thing came out and it was like, oh no. And then what you're supposed to do is gently put your hand over and then press the little by night like it goes out, and then you would just put it back on.
Speaker 2: I think pushing the button squirts the water out of it that's in the line, and then there's air again yep or oxygen whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And you can't go up too fast otherwise you get the bens.
Speaker 2: That's right, you get that thing. Yeah. Oh, we'll be back right after this. Okay, with the Bens Sorry, what is the Benz? Is that diarrhea news vomiting?
Speaker 1: So your brain as you go under, you have to think like if you took like like pressure, yes, the pressure of this, it would squeeze and it would get smaller, explodes, implodes, explodes, So what is the what do you have to think? You're going from shrinking shrinking, shrinking, shrinking, so then all of a sudden if you don't do it right. That's why you have to go up gradually, gradually, very slowly, because if you just go up really fast, think about it, you just are taking your brain, your body and just all of a sudden pushing it up.
Speaker 2: And is it like b E N D S Or is it like Mercedes Benz? What is it?
Speaker 1: I think it's the Benz the benz ds.
Speaker 2: See I always thought that was diarrhea.
Speaker 1: No, it's way worse. And they have the.
Speaker 2: People die from it. Yes, Oh they have decompression tanks.
Speaker 1: Yes, for that reason alone, because you don't realize if you go up too fat, haven't you know you probably haven't. But that's why. Also with like the deep subs that go under, Yeah, they can't just go up because then the thing will like.
Speaker 2: Now, what about going back too high? Like what if you're on Can you get that on the airplane?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: You just get pressure and you have to pop your ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't know if that is the same thing with flying.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I think it's unique to the water because you're going down pressure. Yeah, under pressure. No no, no, no, no. London, very good. The famous Vanilla Ice quote. Yeah, it's that little bitty ting dune dun dun du da dun dun dun dunt dun dun dunda, dun dune.
Speaker 2: Mine is dun dun dunda the dun dun. Yeah, got it. That's right, Yeah, that's right. I went to see him in Boston on a bus. I won a radio contest. Oh god, yeah, it was the Vanilla Ice bus Tour.
Speaker 1: How fun.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's great. I saw him at the Orpheum in Boston.
Speaker 1: Love that for you.
Speaker 2: Good times, all right. It's weird though I was a young kid. I was probably thirteen, and I was on a bus with a friend of mine from high school, just the two of us on a bus to Boston alone.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yep, it was different. Back then. Yeah that was the late eighties.
Speaker 1: All good, all right, anyway, well time to go, okay pal, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here, Thank you for listening to bowl Chat. Please follow us on all social platforms at serial Killers PC.
Speaker 1: Oh that's okay, clink, we're done. Oh have a say clink Andrew, say clink, clink clink.
Speaker 2: All right, by, where's the ball?
Speaker 1: I don't we don't need the ball cleague. Wow, that was anti claiming Monday with all new serial Killers. Kay, let me bye bye