Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte? We're back to Are You a Charlotte with an incredible guest, the one and only Jenny Becksia. Thank you for having me. It's my pleasure. We're gonna rewatch your very first episode that you wrote for Sex and the City. It is episode one oh eight three. Is a crowd an incredible episode written by you, directed by the also incredible Nicole Hall of Center. So I love this episode. I really didn't have a lot of memories of this episode. I was like, what on earth is happening? It's a bold first episode, Jenny. It's bold, it is.
Speaker 2: It was bold, and yet it was you know, it was of the time.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what so of the time. And I mean we did touch on this briefly amongst ourselves, but to me, it's the first time that the theme is really run through all the characters in such a great, great way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a magical thing when you find and kind of a sexual thing that also ties into exactly what your characters might be going through at the moment. And we had, you know, Carrie and Big were at this point in their relationship where they were getting more serious, and suddenly she learns about the ex wife, the other third person, and so we're dealing with that at the same time that Charlotte is dealing with the fact that the man that she's betting or he's betting her. We would never have used words like that. By the way, betting wants to have a threesome. That's a fantasy, right, and she's thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I know it that crazy shirlt Oh my god. And also just side note, we have Lisa Emory right, incredibly incredible. You all might know from Ozark, where she played a very terrifying character. Yes, and in our episode here, she's a sweet wife who gets cheated, all know, she gets cuckolded and you feel so bad for her. But she's very open and she's like, maybe if this would keep my husband happy, we can have a threesome. And Samantha is not having it. She's the guest star. She's the guest star. So that this is a big part of the theme that I want to talk about. We can go see by scene, but also just thematically. When I was watching it, because I didn't remember a lot of it, right, Like I told you, already, but when when Charlotte does seem like she might be going to have a threesome with these people in a very romantic and beautifully lit scene. I had a panic when I was watching this in my bed last night, thinking why don't I remember kissing these two people at the same time? Oh my god, am I about to see what are going to do? And it wasn't fact a dream it was. It wasn't just like, how could I have blocked that out or whatever, because I've never had that an you had your top off? I did? How about that? And I can one tell that I am in a panic because I stepped very gingerly forward, which I know I'm just trying to be right on my busk so that nobody cards are showing. And then I very gingerly reached my hands out like in a really odd way, and they take my hands. I can so feel the nerves radiating takes such guts well too, And I'm curious if you what your thoughts are. What I remember, especially from the very beginning, was that we all as a group, and I can't speak for everyone, but we didn't know what was right or wrong for us to show because we didn't really know what show we were on, right, And do you remember that show dream On that was on HBO where literally every episode some random woman just shows her breast, right, We didn't want to be that, right. We wanted to be like for women, like for women to watch from the female gaze, not like titillating. But also we are talking about sex, and we didn't want to be fake. I mean, it was a very awful it was.
Speaker 2: It was a fine line, yeah, And I think I think what's great is because because we didn't show a ton of nudity. Honestly, it was true to who what the show was, right, right, which was we're not we're not real sex on HBO. Now we're a show that we're we're talking about it, but you but showing a boob just for fun is not the reason people. People aren't watching it to hope to catch a sight of you know, full frontal nudity, right right, right, right, So if they were, they were disappointed, exactly.
Speaker 1: And so if it was appropriate for the scene, you know, it's been a little bit like like there was a scene in the last word I want to say where you see a little bit of my side boom and I'm like, oh my god, I didn't even remember this, right, Oh my god. I mean, of course, now you're like, it's like my thing people.
Speaker 2: Which was an episode I wrote you you did it.
Speaker 1: I know you owned it. Thank you. It was challenging. But I'll tell you what I liked about that, and I also have I mean, there are some times and I said something earlier in one of the clickbaity situation with the press these days is so stressful because you say things because it's so intimate. Right, of course, I did see something because there were some awkward times early on, you know, with directors, not with you guys, but like sometimes in the middle of the night when everyone would have gone home, who wasn't in the scene, you know, some director would want you to do something and like even you know, the other actresses weren't there. You could even go to them and be like help me. And I would go log myself in my dressing room and call my manager back in LA and be like, help me. What do I do? The Mick I remember because we had talked about it, you know, for some time, and it was obviously a very very integral part of the storyline. That was a very big important storyline, and because it wasn't sexual, it's much easier to have some nudity in a non sexual way than to in it like a spiritual way. But the thing that I remember about that is that the director and the DP and video village had been set up because the ad let it happen I'm not gonna name right now where I had to walk and they were smoking cigars what mm. And it was like hours because it was the wee wee hours because took forever to go down to that tie set that we'd built, right and I went to this a D and I was like, uh, I'm trying to do something here, like with our feeling self conscious, could you possibly move all those guys? My god, I'm so sorry. I know it's crazy back then what went on? Right, And this is a show where we had so much power, but we didn't have there were no intimacy exactly that those did not exist in our business. No, And even in a situation where you theoretically did have so much power that all that stuff was still able to happen, And then you had to be the bad guy and go and say like they can't smoke their cigars literally in my eye line when I did that. Anyone's smoking a cigar. I'm pretty sure that's ill exactly. No, back in the day, they remember on the Silver Cups soundstage, we'd be there all night Friday night, and like it would just be like a cloud of smoke. You know, Sarah was smoking because Carrie was supposed to smoke. McGan was smoking. I mean, so many people right, and you're smoking. I can't see my mark, you know, I know, the olden days, olden days. Anyway, back to the episode, but yeah, a lot of crazy stuff went on.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but also I will say it was a beautifully shot. That moment was beautifully shot.
Speaker 1: Because it's in Charlotte's mind, right, so it's perfection. But you had a romantic perfection. Looked beautiful. Thank you so much. I'm so happy that I did it, because of course at the time, you're like so stressed and stress and stressed. Now you're like, oh my god, I should have just been running through the town with my shirt. No, and that's what we call clickbait. I know, ladies sometimes think that. I do sometimes think that, but I remember having a lot of stress about it.
Speaker 2: No, but I do think the other thing and Michael talks about this a lot too, is that we always wanted the sex to be almost like we never wanted to be like like, oh, we're shooting a like a soft porn like Red Diary kind of situation, right. But I will say the music choices in my episode there was like this jazzy kind of sex and music when you're in bed with your boyfriend. I'm like, we would never have done that after season one, for sure, we would not. We would have counterpointed it more well.
Speaker 1: I think that's what was confusing about being an actress in season one too, was because we didn't really know, right. We weren't really sure what the tone was, right, so we weren't really sure in the acting of it also, and then sometimes we weren't around when the others were doing their sex scenes, right, so, or their romantic scenes or whatever it was, so we didn't know what they were doing what I'm saying, So there was like this kind of like checking in, like what what do you guys, what do you think? What do you what are you doing? Because like Cynthia, you know her, she's like I don't care, you know, but she still hasn't there's she hasn't shown much or whatever. And then Kim, I think at one point already has but it was like kind of a funny she like had a there's a humor kind of about it.
Speaker 2: I think as long as there's either like the michpho where you're in a situation is non sexual, right, or if it's happening, it's for really good reason and your counterpoint it with something so that it doesn't feel purient exactly.
Speaker 1: But that was the whole key to it, and we hadn't really fully gelled on.
Speaker 2: I don't think we knew yeah, because also.
Speaker 1: Not everyone was around all the time to discuss it kind of in a thorough way, you know what I mean. You were just like, what what did that one? Do? You know? No one really knew, right, But what I did watch the threesomething that I thought I was going to about to have, I didn't remember, and then I was like, oh, thank god, I've just dream But I could literally tell that I'm just like like frozen as an actress, Like I'm just going to take this tiny step and then nothing will show, you know what I mean, Like there won't be too much barand and they're alway side boom. I'm just like just enough stepping, yes exactly. But anyway, we digress. But I mean, there's the fun things to think about, because I think that the way that it developed and the fact that all of us were there and had the same goal is why it worked out and why we felt safe eventually, Like it took a little so that we felt unsafe in the me and we were just weren't sure right, like we were checking in.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know where the lines were exactly, and it depended on the director what they wanted to do, you know, and sometimes that wasn't necessarily in line with what Darren and Michael wanted, you know, and then you had to call people. Yeahs had to be made help hel yes, yes, okay, So I'm basically I'm basically oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm meeting the guy at the Benefits all the benefits of the diseases.
Speaker 1: His name is Jack. You know, he's one of many guys. In the beginning, Charlotte's just trying to figure out if she can go with what he wants, and pretty quick he seems like he brings up this threesome. I mean, I guess we have the montage, so it's like there's time has passed and I like, I really, this is the first time when I'm watching that I feel like Charlotte's storyline makes sense. Oh really yeah, Like before there's the artist who paints her, which everyone's like, uh, she agreed to this, and for me, I mean, I can only assume. I think at the time, I just really wanted someone to write a storyline for me, right, And I was like, I'm going to have to roll with this. And then I also think because it's about her gallery, it's about art. So she's like, I'm going to do what I have to do because she thinks she's landed him as a client and need a big deal, right and it's safe up in the woods, and his wife was there, you don't, I'm saying, And she likes art. She loves art because like when he asks her, one are your fantasies? Loved it myself so hard. I just authentically, well, I'd like to own my gallery. One It's like I didn't mean that exactly, but then I also said that I want a house in May, which you do have.
Speaker 2: I do have, which I love that yeah so much.
Speaker 1: So there you go. I love it. Did you want that at the time. You know what's interesting.
Speaker 2: So I had spent my summers growing up there, so my family had a house there. But I think I always imagined I would have my own house.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: I didn't then, but now I do. I'm so there you go, Just like Charlotte, I got certain.
Speaker 1: Things Charlotte le dream go somewhere. Maybe Harry didn't share it. We don't know. We don't know if well, I guess we do. I think we would would. I think it would come up. She found other Harry didn't. He probably didn't want to be in Maine. There's a lot of ticks. You know. He's got not like the bugs. He doesn't like the bugs. He really really doesn't. It's still going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, back to the show, way back, Okay, So I have I get to have the thematic storyline, which is fun, and I like that there's like a beginning, middle and an end, and then also that there's such a great discussion.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that discussion. And so I need some clarity though, because sometimes people say things that I'm not quite sure if I'm hearing correctly, Like basically sam is saying, Samantha saying that you don't want to be the guest star in the Three Cents. So you do want to be the guest you don't want to be the guest star because you don't want connections.
Speaker 2: You don't want connections. You don't want to do it with like a good friend. You want to be like you want to come in and out enjoy it and get the hell out of.
Speaker 1: Crazy that Charlotte's like, no, maybe I would want one of my friends. But that's so Charlotte.
Speaker 2: She's like she would feel safe that way. It was terrible.
Speaker 1: If she tried to converse. Terrible, okay, just terrible in so many ways, Like, oh my god. Anyway, I had a moment of fear then too, because I was like, I don't remember any of this. She's like, we did try to talk her into it. Oh my god. I was mortified. Thank god, I do not. But then poor Miranda. I know, I know, it's so adorable. I remember this at all.
Speaker 2: I know, and I love I really I love how Cynthia played it through the episode so brilliant, like I'm going to get to the bottom of this, and I'm upset and I'm sorry I wasn't chosen.
Speaker 1: I am not upsetting, I know, and she's got this therapist, which like, do you ever see this person again? I don't think we did. Oh my god, he's an older man and he's basically it's like, are you asking to have a THREESOMEE?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It's so weird and funny, and it's such a traditional looking therapy office where I'm just like, is this what a therapy would look like in nineteen ninety eight in Manhattan Knows?
Speaker 2: It was probably whatever set we had sat that we could put up two flats, some books and some.
Speaker 1: Books totally totally. And then I really love that scene what she finds we're out of order, but I don't care, Gus, we're following her story exactly. We're following Miranda. So when she finds the couple and they're like, no one really answers our ad who isn't and they don't want to say it. Those actors are so great, they are so great, They are so great, and they're so excited to have Miranda. They're so excited that it's Miranda. And Miranda looks just radiant right every way because she's been chosen.
Speaker 2: And the way Cynthia walks off at the end with that kind of Oh good, she launts it with her shoulders like.
Speaker 1: She's owning it. Powerful. I mean, she was powerful for the get go. She had to remind her she felt, you know, I mean, but like even when she's like her inner strength is so apparent. Oh yeah, and I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Well, do I remember that I always loved my Miranda, Oh which I was so upset when those quizzes would come out and everyone's like, I don't like Miranda.
Speaker 1: It's like you, but that's me. I felt kind of the same. Now.
Speaker 2: Well no, thank god, thank god, thank god. But that was a very hard you know, it's true.
Speaker 1: I mean, people also thought Charlotte was. They would say that I was boring and that it was a prude, which is hysterical when you watch it back.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, you were not having half the sex that Charlotte was.
Speaker 1: No, I was definitely no. I don't mean you, I mean nobody but including myself. We're working on big time working and I never was that, you know, she was like out there, wow, in beect Miranda. Love that storyline, really really love it so fun. But now help me understand. At the dinner where we discussed it, when Charlotte's like, this guy, once I have a threesome, what should I do? And so Samantha's saying it's great, but don't be involved. Be the guys start right, And then Carrie's saying, don't do it if you don't want to do.
Speaker 2: It right, and then being supportive and saying it's a thing, but you don't don't don't feel compelled to do it?
Speaker 1: Got it? And her storyline is more about the emotional baggage of Big being married before and her knowing it. Yes, now, can we discuss Big a little bit?
Speaker 2: Let's please, let's because I.
Speaker 1: You know, and some of these things made me laugh, because you know, Charlotte was always pro Big, as we know, yes, and I never questioned it. I feel that I also was pro big. I don't remember ever having a thought that wasn't pro big. I look back at it now and the I'm like, why were we pro big? Oh?
Speaker 2: It's a mess, yes, But in this I feel like I am like the original Big defender?
Speaker 1: Are you I do? Well?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why, because what we wanted to play was and we've all had this person in our lives at some point, this relationship where it's very the chemistry is there. You're drawn to this person and they're just unknowable and ungettable enough to keep you going towards them.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, you guys wrote that perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Big, I think had he wanted to get closer to her at certain times and he did right, And so I think what we did well was portray that kind of where you've got this banter, you've got this kind of chemical desire to be with each other. It's not necessarily the healthiest, but it wasn't as unhealthy as I think people.
Speaker 1: It was funny.
Speaker 2: I was talking to my niece who's twenty four, and she said, oh, Big, it's just a toxic bachelor, and I was like, wow, I think that too. When I look back, I guess maybe he was. And maybe I have a soft spot for the TX. I mean, certainly at the time I was dating that kind of we all were. So I think we were all playing and it was like dashing and ungettable, like you could almost get him and then you couldn't. Yeah, but it's funny. When Julia and Elisa came on, they were like, we don't get Big, we don't get it, we don't understand it. We like aiden, and I was like, this is great, this is why this works. Well, we can be and the writers are having that discussion the same way the audience will feel and Carrie will feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Well that's good. That's helpful. That's helpful. So that was your goal, and you guys really really did it. Because the other thing that I love about it though, is that you know, it's very much from the female perspective, right, Like we are with Carrie, right, so you know when Carrie's spinning, you know, I'm also spinning, like what is going on with him? And sometimes his actions don't match his words and she tries to get him to talk and he doesn't talk? Why doesn't talk? Mean?
Speaker 2: And such a good friend, like Charlotte was a really good friend.
Speaker 1: She still is, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean she she's there for these women at times where other people might not be.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's true for all four really when you think about it. I mean sometimes Miranda does actually say to Carrie like that dude is toxic, What are you doing? Why are you going back? Or whatever? You know, she's very's more blunt. She's like I'm going to tell her what no one else is going to tell her. And then Samantha is so non judgmental. Do you know what I mean when in you know, the best most powerful way, right, not like a lack of power, like accepting a power like I'm not going to judge you doing this exactly you do you? I want to do me, this is what I do. I'm going to do it. I'm not going to apologize, which is amazing. And then Charlotte, God love her.
Speaker 4: You know now that I'm looking back on it too, like, I don't know what I was thinking at the time other than that, you know, I want to make this work and I want to fit in right like, which is also what I think Charlotte was thinking.
Speaker 1: But me as an actor, right like, I'm like, I'm going to try to pull this off because I didn't inside feel like I could pull off what they the three of them who seem so powerful to me, you know, I didn't feel that powerful, and yet she was and it is yeah, really I do mean later maybe, but not yet.
Speaker 2: I think, like all of those characters, she went through an evolution, and I think she she does find these moments later on yeah, where she stands up and says, this is strong.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, You're right, right, for sure. For sure, it takes a while, it takes what takes a while, But I love the searching, and I do think that that is really important. And there was a like later on when she gets so didactic, right, and like tray is it? You know, she can get lost in her fantasy, you know, which I think is obviously so relatable. But my question in terms of Carrie and Big, because we've got Carrie, she's obviously so brilliant, so amazing, got so much going on, right, But then, like you know, even Valley of the twenty something guys, you know, she's just like, I don't know, I need to be kissed. You know, she goes that weird hole in the wall bar. You're just like, where are we going? What is? It?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 1: For sure a hole in the wall bar? Is I mean it's insane, Like I don't even think those places exist anymore? Right, And then she goes, I mean, who wouldn't want to kiss him at the elephant? He's adorable, right, And then she goes and then she wakes up there's no toilet paper, and you know what happens, And then Big is still there and the thing that I do see about Big, and definitely like the justin Throw character comes after that, and he's like, kind of ick, but he's just in Throw, so I kind of like it. But he's also kind of ick, right, But she's like, ah, he's got his arms around me and you're very weird and you went on a date with that woman that's the episode before this. But then she ends up giving Big another chance. Every time, right, she tries to get him to communicate. He doesn't really communicate, but he also tries, like he shows up to the park in the middle of the night and the last up yeah, and then this time he just very blithely says, you know, yeah, I was married before and you could see her just like huh, like to her, this kind of stuff is super important. Information, right, is very important. And the last episode two is when they go to that party and that girl kisses him. He's like, you've got my passport, and then the other guy introduces Carrie with by another name it must be Julia or whatever. She's like, you know how you know, and we Big never says what he's actually doing.
Speaker 2: I will say this though, tell me it was the nineties. It was a longish time ago now, and I think a lot has happened with how men communicate now.
Speaker 1: You do, I do.
Speaker 2: I think there's much more pressure, and I think men have risen. A lot of guys have risen to younger guys have risen to the occasion and know that they need to be communicative. Okay, But I would say back then, I didn't know that many men, certainly that I was dating, or that I knew who would want to have a like, have a real conversation about the relationship, got it, because that would been like, what why is you?
Speaker 1: Why do you want to talk?
Speaker 2: So like it was still a time where men saying less was sexy and not withholding.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Now we all learned that was withholding, But at the time, men weren't. You weren't having those kind of conversations.
Speaker 1: I never had any of the thoughts that I'm having now then, And so I helped explain that. Yeah, Like I was just like, of course she would one of you with him because he has so much going on and intelligent and successful, and she is intelligent and successful, and she could do the crossword puzzle. You know that he's doing. You know what I'm saying, Like there were certain things that I could definitely understand, right, And obviously the chemistry obviously, but I also feel like sir Justsica's chemistry was like every man that you know, you guys put in front of her, but he made her feel something different. For sure. It was different.
Speaker 2: She felt early and she felt off kilter, which I think for some women like that good point. They like that because it makes them feel like, oh, this is different. I don't know what is the right. I don't want to be in charge all the time. I want this guy to That's so good. Now that's not necessarily healthy, right, but that's a good But she did end up marrying him so later after many chapters.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they they also I feel too if I look at the whole thing, and I mean, we'll see as we go, right, but as much. And this was so funny looking back at the first season. She tries so hard to get into communicating, I mean so hard, and he doesn't not but he also doesn't fully communicate, like at the end of the episode before this, and she says, they just want to stand still with you, and he doesn't really answer her, but he puts his.
Speaker 2: Arm dunder and stay yes and That's what I think you have to look at is he's not a talker, right, He's a doer, right. And look, Aiden was there for her talk to her, and it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Right because he didn't really get her, right. And I remember the engagement ring, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that was such a great that was a great episode in it and kind of a great thematically like, oh my god, you didn't get me, You've never gotten me, right, And I do think that somebody's big daughter. Yes, he just wasn't communicating.
Speaker 1: Right, He wasn't He wasn't skilled in that, yeah, But he was a doer. That's this is good, Jenny.
Speaker 2: This is I'm not saying anyone should be with a mister pick.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you our thought process. And I mean, I do think it's important to think about the timing. And that's why it's interesting to do this rewatch now, right, because so many things have changed and so many things haven't changed, right. So, like even for myself, and obviously I was much much younger then, right, So I never had any of these thoughts. Then I would read the script. I would be just be like, of course she wants big, right. I never thought like he's withholding never entered my mind, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't even think we use that word in the writer's I think we just interesting knew that he was currently a little at arm's length with her, but she liked it. Yeah, and that's what we were We's what we were playing.
Speaker 1: That's important. That's important context. Thank you, Jenny, so weld of it. Okay, now here we go, we've got montage of threesomes. We also stopped doing montages soon. I mean, it's so kind of funny how the different things that we did, you know, and I do remember that. It's like production wise, that was a challenge, Yeah, because you had to get all these different people rounded up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And especially as time went on with the show and the show became more popular, when the people who blessed them would come and do.
Speaker 1: This, they were nervous.
Speaker 2: They were like, I'm on Sex and the City and I have one line and I have to get it right or I need to walk my dog from here to hear.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you feel for them, so so funny. Okay, we have this very kind of funny storyline of Samantha sleeping with the married guy, which I also feel now would not really happen like this in a show, no, because it would not really be like, oh haha, isn't that funny? Do you know what I mean? It would be like that's gross and he's just talking guy's wife just all the time, right off the bat. Yeah, like my wife won't do this.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's bizarre, but she doesn't care. No, I mean, you know, it's all fair game. I know it's super interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, was there any pause in the writer's room about Samantha in general?
Speaker 2: About Samantha, No, I mean not in any big way. I mean sometimes we would talk about storylines that weren't her, even if they were wild. You know, she still had her morals and she still had her ego. But no, you know, we knew she was the she was the id, right, Like she was the one just going out there and doing it and owning it, which and.
Speaker 1: You guys were just like, we're doing it and we don't care what anyone says.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there was definitely there was pushback and blowback, not not internally, but you know, once the show started airing, and of course everyone said, that's not a woman, that's a gay man. Right, which is so rude and and so of the time as well. Right, like a woman who owns her sexuality doesn't exist. Therefore, this is a man, and this is a gay man. Why is it a gay man? Why isn't it just a man? By the way?
Speaker 1: Rude on a bun. But no, we knew she was the.
Speaker 2: One we could rely on to go and and enjoy life and make mistakes along the way because of it, you know, fall on her face because of it. But she she wanted to enjoy everything that life had to offer, which.
Speaker 1: Is amazing to think about it. It's amazing that there just aren't I mean even still now, it's not a character that you see a lot. Now.
Speaker 2: I think that character would be judged more like in a weird way, right, Like it would be like, oh, what a slut? Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what the young people think.
Speaker 2: If they're not half as much sex as she did, they're not, this is what I hear.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I hear tell you to find out, Can you guys come on the Instagram and tell me? Yes, we will come on the Instagram.
Speaker 2: We will come on the machine and put it in there.
Speaker 1: Yes, because it is really interesting to think about. Like, on the one hand, I feel like at a certain point there was like do what you're into, feel free, But then I don't know if that really panned out.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think it made some changes. And I think certainly women own their sexuality more now you too, But I'm not sure that people are literally having as much sex male or female.
Speaker 1: I mean, what happened with the apps, wasn't the app weren't the apps supposed to help you if that's what you wanted to Yes.
Speaker 2: And I think they do, Okay, but I don't think people are are are so free, yeah, feeling so free, so free or so yeah, but this is something that we should investigate. I think we should investigate magnifying glass and walk around like her cute parole.
Speaker 1: It's like, how much sex are you? You have a question on a sexual around? I have questions? Right, And Kristin let her know. Should we ask esther perel? I love esther Perell? Ask her right?
Speaker 2: You should have her on the show.
Speaker 1: We should have her on the show.
Speaker 2: We should have done her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that would be amazing. Okay, cool, let's keep going with our with our rewatch. Okay, the therapy. We already touched on this. That guy is adorable. And also it's just very funny to me that Miranda, out of all of us, is the one in therapy. Yeah, it's hysterical.
Speaker 2: She was, you know, trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: We all were absolutely right. And then Carrie timid or bad exactly exactly. I mean, you know, in the beginning Charlotte's maybe she like, she just asked questions, should I do this? Should not do this?
Speaker 2: Carrie did go to therapy though, when she met Bonchovi. What you probably don't remember this episode? I wrote, games people play, games, people play? She went, she met him in the waiting room of her therapists.
Speaker 1: Why did she go to therapy?
Speaker 2: She needed some therapy, she needed to talk some stuff through.
Speaker 1: Well, for sure, I don't remember this too. And John Joey comes in season two.
Speaker 2: We have some wild guest stars along the way.
Speaker 1: Job but I would have said season six, no, I know on Earth, Oh my god, I can't wait till we get to let us morn. Oh my god?
Speaker 2: How about a Lettis Morris said, I know so much fun working with Like, how lucky was I I just remember coming to watch that day because Sarah was so nervous, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And I was like scared, but I don't think I talked to her. I was too scared, too scared. She was a very big choice for a big deal, I mean huge deal. Okay, let's talk about Big and the wife X wife. Yeah, let's talk about this because it's super interesting to me. And I did not really remember this so much.
Speaker 2: And it's something we you know, we introduced it and then we never bring our again.
Speaker 1: I know, just kind of fascinated. It's kind of nuts.
Speaker 2: And that also rewatching. I remember that not only did he not say it an ex wife, but the ex wife doesn't tell Carrie that she knows that Carrie's dating Big.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of secrecy, which was.
Speaker 2: Really interesting because she seems so kind of open.
Speaker 1: But she says to her at the lunch that they have after Carrie's pitched her book that she doesn't actually have right, She says, are you seeing anyone? And I did think that that actress Noel, I believe it is her game played it so well because I thought, does she know?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Does she know? And she did, but she played it off. Now, what do you think in terms of my producers were like, why is Big still friends with his ex wife? And I was like, why wouldn't they be? Right? They could be friends right also because he cheated on her, but he kind of is who he is and that way that we were talking about, right, I mean, it doesn't shock me, especially because they say it was a long time ago, so that means in his twenties or something, right, And then she's so beautiful and accomplished. I mean, it makes so much sense in so many ways, especially because we know.
Speaker 2: Him's also going to carry hung yes just special Olympics, Like what can't she do?
Speaker 1: And we know she he's going to marry another very beautiful brute, you know what I mean, So it makes it tracks right, right tracks. But I loved the inner play between Carrie and the ex wife in terms of they love each other, they have they hit it off, you know, and I love Carrie. I mean she does kind of have like a how to put it, it's like kind of manipulative. I don't know how to put it, but like it reminded me also and just like that after Big has died. Sorry if I'm giving anything away to sure, you know, but in case you don't. Later on Big Dies. But spoiler alert terrible. I'm really sorry. I'm really sorry we'll have to put like a spoiler alert. But do you remember when Carrie to go find Natasha BIG's other ex wife, Yes, and secretly goes down there and we're all with her to support her. It reminded me so much of that. It's so fascinating how specific the characters are. And I don't know if Michael Patrick was thinking back or not thinking back, like are they is it conscious decisions? Like it's like when I sleep with that hasidic Jewish artist.
Speaker 2: What a what a precursor, the total precursor, right, But did we know that?
Speaker 1: I don't think we.
Speaker 2: Thought of that as a precursor. Like I'd love to say we were that smart that we were like, hey, I.
Speaker 1: Don't, let's bring it back around. I just think the DNA. Yeah, with the characters were like specific and alive, do you know what I mean? And still are in a really odd way. It's fascinating to me. Anyway. I loved this this ex wife because I love the dynamic between the two women carry and the ex wife, and then I love that when Carrie goes back to him, she doesn't really tell him, and he's like, what's wrong, which is actually pretty topful of him, right, And then she says, you know, and then he he didn't know. She doesn't even say. He goes, I didn't say about my ex wife because it was a long time ago. No, no, and then she tries to get more info when he's like kind of halfway giving it as he does. And then they get in bed and the ex wife is there, and Carrie says her voiceover about you.
Speaker 2: Know, you're never alone in the bed because there's always something that's been there before you exactly, which.
Speaker 1: Is good, right, Jenny, Oh my god, is not brilliant? Right, yes, no, you know what.
Speaker 2: It was a theme that worked really well because it really was about how when you're in your thirties, it's not your first relationship, it's not your first time at the rodeo. They're gonna be people are coming with their baggage, and some of that baggage can be an ex wife or god knows what else, and you have to there's always going to be someone there before you.
Speaker 1: You're not the first in no, and I mean, thank god, really, thank god, thank god. You a lot of work.
Speaker 2: But then there's a lot of work to you know, take all.
Speaker 1: The out I mean, especially they're not working on it. Yeah, I think that's the thing. But she doesn't really say that because I mean she's obviously Carrie's also not that worked out. This I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I would argue too, maybe this is incendiary to say. I think Carrie is a little withholding herself, like, oh, I think with with with big Like, I don't think she wants to show how much she's falling for him.
Speaker 1: I don't think she wants.
Speaker 2: I think she's she's trying to be I'm cool, I'm here.
Speaker 1: That's what I see her do in the first couple, right, she like especially with the Justin Threaux character, you know, she doesn't she sees him on this date, which I think totally doesn't make sense. I'm with Carrie on that, Like, right, they've had this like incredible eight days together. She doesn't even talk to us her friends, and then she goes out with us on the first night she doesn't have him, and there he is with a woman I would be way mad and very convenient anfused. But then he does his big thing and she's like, oh, I'm going to a party, you know what I'm saying. And then she calls him from the party on the landline, which is also hysterical and just to throw She's like, he's wrapping his arms around me. I mean, she definitely plays.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, she had some learning to do as.
Speaker 1: We of course, which I get. I mean I get it in terms of she's doing the best that she can do, you know, and she's obviously drawn to him and doesn't really know what else to do. She does try, Yeah, you know, she'll try and he'll like evade, So then she does that. I get it, I get it. You know, what are you going to do? You know, you try your past. Yeah, they are kind of well matched in that way.
Speaker 2: And that way I think they are, and they grew together.
Speaker 1: I get. Well, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Speak of landlines. How about the flip phone that Ken the Mary guy has in that scene.
Speaker 1: History beyond is beyond.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a big deal that with flip phone. Oh my god, I think I had a flip phone that I had one.
Speaker 1: Hundred percent flip phone and we were so proud of them.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at these big they were size of bricks, they were massive.
Speaker 1: But we have flip phones. It was cool to own them. But you know, hey, Big has the car phone. It's the joy every time that thing out. Oh my god, I can't believe that.
Speaker 2: We never thought the show would be watched. Now, if we did, a lot of things might be different.
Speaker 1: But I mean, how could we.
Speaker 2: We couldn't have know. We didn't have the time, We didn't.
Speaker 1: That's the joy. That's the great thing about film, and also just it gives a record of like this, this is what we were you guys.
Speaker 2: There was no texting, there was no sexting, there was no no you had.
Speaker 1: To go find a landline at the club.
Speaker 2: That's why people could miss Carrie's birthday altogether.
Speaker 1: That's you know true, that's so true. Oh my god. Yes, Okay, back to this thing. What am I supposed to talk about that I haven't talked about. We didn't talk about the incredible Lisa Emory.
Speaker 2: Lisa Emory unbelievable. God, she is such an amazing actress. But what she did with that, I mean, and by the way, that's a very short like she has very little to get across who she is and what she wants and it's all there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she so brilliantly. She's gonna fight for her husband. It's so true. She's gonna have a three zomee Santha, that's what she has to I remember a few years later, we were still doing the show and we ran into her Sin and I ran into her downtown and she talked to us, but she had her regular blonde terror and I was like, oho is that person? And so he was like, she's on the show. You don't remember, and I'm like, no, I don't know that. So Miranda Red interesting. And then when Ozark came out, of course I had just such a joy watching her and getting her to really have just such an amazing and terrifying role.
Speaker 2: It's a terri terrifying role. And by the way, it's kind of terrifying as the wife.
Speaker 1: She was a little terrible. I don't want it. Also sad, sad, she's so good, and I think she'd done a play with Sin by that time in between there. Anyway, she's been in our lives in a lovely way. One of those people where they're just such a great actor that you're glad that they get a part that they can actually like all their stuff. Yeah, totally, But it's so funny to see her back in the day with us in a red in a which I know, but she really she makes that whole thing live. But that husband, I'm just like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was the least interesting of any of them.
Speaker 1: I mean, they all should have just said forget you, let's go, Like you're like, why does anyone want to fight with this dude? So sorry if I'm offending anybody right now. Okay, then we get to the crazy masquerade ball. What on wow? I mean so much to unpacked there, I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 2: Also, I like, it's a masquerade ball, but like really, they're just little masks that you.
Speaker 1: Pick off and put on your face. As the budgetacase you're just on a staircase. There's a staircase, and then like a weird.
Speaker 2: Coat room and again then suddenly there's a little janky bedroom upstairs.
Speaker 1: I know it like that does not have a budget. No, it's sad, but I'm gonna I'm gonna apparently have a threesome.
Speaker 2: In that you were gonna have a threesome and then you don't, and you do rewatching it. What you did in that moment is I I would like to say one of the first moments where I knew you could really do comedy was the moment where you sit down between them and they shove you slowly off the bed. Not only do you land on the floor, you make a decision to grab your mask and walk out.
Speaker 1: It's not just it's like I.
Speaker 2: Have some dignity and I am taking my mask and leaving it.
Speaker 1: And then that's how you perceive that. I am so confused when I was rewatching that because A don't remember it right, B What is actually happening, Like like I don't understand exactly, Like is it the idea that people say they want threems but they really just want to have sex with someone else?
Speaker 2: Well that's what we were playing in Okay, okay, okay, that is I'm not no judgment on those who have three sums.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're thinking.
Speaker 2: But in that case, it was this gal comes up and then is kind of like I want to get screwed by this guy?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Or And I don't even know if it's that much. As much as she leans and start kissing him, it gets more, it gets stronger, right, and then suddenly you are in this case, Miranda, you are shoved to the floor which is just so Charlotte relatable, so funny, the way the choices you made to make it.
Speaker 1: It was I'm like, are my shoes still on my feet? That's what I'm thinking one of them, and they actually were, because I was like, how am I going to get up? I'm thinking just as an actress. Because also I think I was worried about my skirt pulling up. There was a lot going on thoughts when I rewatched myself right, like is my skirt gonna pull up? Are you gonna see my spanks? Like what's happening? Spanks? And bended yet? I I don't even know, but I have panny hose on week. Pat had not eradicated the panty hose yet, which is very funny because that's coming like there's certainly I think about it's the nineties, but like Pat, you know, I remember when Pat was like no one will wear hoes? Were like, what, it's a very Pat. I know it was close. It wasn't fully close, but I remember there was like strange elements and this is probably something I shouldn't say. There were strange cult type elements about being in that cast right right, where like well, no scrunches some rules. No scrunchies, no banana clips.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget. I'll never I still can't when people wear banana clips.
Speaker 1: I have one at home in my bathroom, and every.
Speaker 2: Time you reach, every time you reach, even though you're alone, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, no banana clips, no one's gonna see me, turn my back through. But also like like the little things and they come slowly. They weren't all in the beginning, right, But like no scrunchies, no bana clips, no hose unless they were fish nets. You went through a whole fish net phase. And if you could find double fishnets, that was great, great, and if you could find nude double fish nets even better, even better. Right, And then there was a heel height situation, which it definitely takes me a while to get on board with, all the way to the Widower episode when she got me my first pair of like one hundred and five milimeters manolos, But it took that long for me to be able to like functionally walk well things.
Speaker 2: And guess what I can't walk in now? All of those minolas, all of them, listen, I mean, bless all of us, so trying, we're doing it, but it's not easy now.
Speaker 1: Now, it's true, But then they escalated after that to the so case. I just did a whole episode Jenny and the so caates. Oh my god, why like why, I'm barely able to walk.
Speaker 2: But they you know they are, they're sexy shoes, they are, but just not to wage right now.
Speaker 1: But also, I'm trying to do this crazy stunt. You'll see it, and just like that stunt?
Speaker 2: What what what part of the problems You can blame your co star, Miss Sarah Jessica. But because she could run in those things.
Speaker 1: She's still can't. She made it look so easy, right, I know. So that was the thing you were trying to live up to, Sara Juska. So the other rules were that you always had to return borrow clothes, yes, because we were so worried once did finally get anyone to lend us clothes for personal or for the show. If you didn't return, no one was going to lend him again. And we really relied on that once we got it going. Oh yeah, so, like I know, other actors were like, what do you mean, you know, just keep it. I'm like, oh no, you don't do that, you don't. I mean, there's other rules I can't think of right now, but like slowly the rules and oh you only wore coast of Elogy strings, right, like so many rules? Right? Don't we make a joke in one of these episodes about Miranda doesn't even want to wear a thong or something? I was like, oh my god, yes, it goes about is it not taken.
Speaker 2: Over in the in the coffee shop scene, right, she said, you can't beat a three, so you won't even wear a thong exactly.
Speaker 1: And you know what's funny is hearing that again? I thought? Were we even wearing thoughts back? Guys?
Speaker 2: We were, like, I guess the beginning of it. It was the beginning Darren. Darren gave us all thongs. This is going to come out wrong again. Oh boy, I can't I do it? Darn and Christmas Darren all not. We did not give Michael thong, but all that ladies which were actually would have only been at that time, because I don't think it was this. It was season two. Cindy and I were gift gifted. Yeah, Cosabella thongs.
Speaker 1: That was the thing, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to you know, they were expensive, I mean they were. It might have been Lapela very expense very nice, very nice.
Speaker 1: That's what we would wear if we had like a fancy you know, like yeah, I mean we could go down the list of like the approved brand and then not approved and you know what I mean, Like it was a lot.
Speaker 2: It was a lot man.
Speaker 1: You couldn't wear you know, you couldn't didn't matter how cold you were, there's not going to be a functional coat.
Speaker 2: It was eternal spring. It was a turnal spring, no matter. And you gals went through it. I mean that it was a couple of seas seemed so far like and you could see you, but.
Speaker 1: You had to somehow make it work.
Speaker 2: It's before we could afford to take it out. We see you, you know, you're seeing people's breath and you're standing there in a cute sun dress.
Speaker 1: I know, it's so crazy, so crazy the weird things about acting, you know, I mean, it's the most incredible job in so many ways, in the just weird technical practical things. Sure, like you're up all night and you're having to somehow talk really fast and be funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you're on camera, this is not off camera.
Speaker 1: And you're walking five blocks down the village streets trying to walk and talk while people are shouting at you from cars. Well, you know, radio Man is over here.
Speaker 2: My god, Steve the paparazzi.
Speaker 1: God name Steve. Yes, don't say his last name. We still deal with him, Jenny. We just put radio Man in the show I saw, and no one told me. Can I just tell you that no one told me that they had hired radio Man to act in our show? He should tell you that. So I come out, I'm acting in the scene, and I'm like, radio Man's in the shot. I start that, I'm like, wait, can't you guys see him? The cameras across the street and they were like, he's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Do you want to explain to Radio Man is real quick?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, of course, Thank you, Jenny, Welcome Voice of the viewers. Radio Man is a very sweet man who originally back in the day, rode his bike all over Manhattan into the different burrows and looked at all of the production notices in New York when you get a permit to shoot any kind of film or television show, they have to put up a production notice so people don't park on the street. Because we have to bring all of our equipment and trailers and whatnot, and theoretically even film on that street, right, so there would be like our show cars they call them, We bring in cars to put there so that we don't bump into someone's car or whatever. So Radiman would go all over town on his bike. I do not believe that he had a home. And he would make it his personal business to know where all the products were going to be the next morning, and then he would come back and say hello. And when he came by to say hello, he would also tell you all the other productions filming that day and where they were. Why did we call him radio man because he also had a massive radio. He had like a boom box. We would call it that that traveled with him on the bike.
Speaker 2: And then he still does it on a string around his Oh my god, he had a string.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't think he does that anymore because he's a little bit older.
Speaker 2: It's true, it's true.
Speaker 1: But the radio is in the shot of and just like but he has a grocery cart. We gave him a grocery card because the bike. I don't think, no, I think see him on his bike.
Speaker 2: I think he's aged that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we do still see him. I think possibly maybe he is in a better living situation. Now we don't. He's not all the time there, which is actually good. That's a little older, and he is a fixture. He's a New York City intersture.
Speaker 2: Yes, And that's where you have to love New York. That some things don't change so much changes.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Sounds like the beginning of a voiceover it.
Speaker 1: I wonder which things change.
Speaker 2: Everything in New York changes, but some things always stay the same.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 2: There we were in the meatpacking district where it used to smell like meat. I mean, how about that the opening of that episode where when the meatpacking district changed and it really did.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's nuts. Now every time I go, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like what Brooklyn? I mean now everyone lives in Brooklyn. No one lives in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: No one believes me.
Speaker 2: That's one of those the people are like, why did you have a storyline about how no one lives at Miranda in Brooklyn?
Speaker 1: In Brooklyn, can I tell you something funny? Second season of And just like that, we were all in airbea Well, I'm in airbnbs now, right, and not all of us, just me and I rented one in Dumbo And I was picturing Dumbo when we filmed there, right, and I was like, what is this small? It's Disneyland. There's lights that say Dumbo. I was like, I'm still in shock, you know, I did not know. I was like, where you are? Tell me where the warehouses?
Speaker 2: They're back on our show. Yes, you can watch our show and remember and see these things.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, wait the end scene of carrying big oh and the wife is in the.
Speaker 2: Back, and the wife is in the back the specter of the wife.
Speaker 1: I love that scene too. That seems beautiful and we pretty we love about that scene. It's it's on a village street, but we haven't seen her stupid yet. No, we have not, no, which is super interesting.
Speaker 2: It's very confusing where you all lived. And I mean, I know we've you know, we always talk about this, but this is one of those talk about lack of continuity. But yeah, we're on the village street and it's the village the way I remember that, like the way the village was, and that street is still back.
Speaker 1: I mean, it still looks at me except for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: We all have cupcakes, right, and buses exactly.
Speaker 2: And things like that, But that scene for me, I loved I loved how in some ways open big was that's right. He's the one who says, we just went through this dinner and we talked like strangers.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Right? Good p calls her on it.
Speaker 2: She would have just said well, good night and been annoyed, but he says, what's going on? And then she she comes clean very quickly, right, And he comes clean pretty quickly, right, and makes a joke which an offhand joke about you know, being friends with all his ex wives, but I do think and then they come back together, which I know might be infuriating to people.
Speaker 1: Now, I didn't feel that way. No, No, I didn't feel that way. I felt more like, that's like saying, you know, these are my faults, yeah, which everyone's going to have, right, like, but I like you now widely, he was more I felt like he was more present and the veil was dropped a little bit. I don't know if that's the right phrase to use for such a dude, but you know, like the wall was down a bit, and he seemed kind of more like making an effort and a little bit more vulnerable. And I love the ex wife being behind him and then disappearing.
Speaker 2: And again, what a beautiful shot. Like on network TV, you never could have done that moment where Nicole starts to walk away and you and then you know, we we we come up on it and she keeps walking. It's like we're on it for a couple seconds longer than we need to be and we just get to do that to have that moment and not cut because you have a commercial, right right, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never think beautiful so true. Yeah, I mean it's funny because now obviously with streaming, the structure of television has gone our way. But it's hard even for myself to remember what the structure of TV proper was before us and before HBS.
Speaker 2: Not that it was not being able to spend that and then we had like just freedom and to get like specific shots right on her tree torns in this moment, and you know, we got to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It was that's a beautiful well Nicole, she did a great job directing that.
Speaker 1: We really did a beautiful job. She all did a great job too.
Speaker 2: Every week it was a good episode. It really was lovely, what a great, great episode. I was so lucky I was so lucky to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Lucky. Yeah, I know all of us are so lucky, and it's so beautiful to look back on. And for me obviously, like I said, I mean, I really just remember being feeling like the first season was like a mess, because I think I felt a mess, you know, and just like trying so hard, like I was trying so hard to fit in. I was trying so hard to pull off these things and trying to figure out how Pat wanted to dress me and could I do it? And you're not saying like so many actor anxieties, right, and like how is the sex being presented? And what we're we doing? But also it was fun and it was fun because we were together, and the relationship with all of us off camera was also growing because we were together going through this thing and we knew that it was special. We didn't know what we didn't know what it was, but it was just a special, special experience.
Speaker 2: And you say all these things, and what's amazing about you as a performer is it didn't come through that way. Really you might have been feeling that way, but what it became for Charlotte was just this desire to figure things out.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true, and I mean some of it too. I think, you know, like you can't always really even separate yourself from the character you're playing, you know, and the experience that you have on a set, because as much as you are, of course a separate individual, you're working so hard to figure that character out. And because Charlotte was really very minimal in the beginning of the show, right, and we had to find her all together. And Michael Patrick was like, I didn't know how I was going to write for that character. I was like, oh, no, I'm gonna have that character. And obviously he's done a bang up Jo turns out, but you.
Speaker 2: Know he on the face of it, he didn't absolutely because I actually think and that's where I think I helped a little bit, was that was my world that I had grown up on the Upper East Side.
Speaker 1: I knew Charlotte's. I wasn't necessarily.
Speaker 2: Exactly I saved the day. It's really what I'm trying to say. I absolutely did not in this part.
Speaker 1: Not putting those pieces together. That's the first time that her storyline makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's I mean, maybe that was also just a bit of luck of the draw. But I do think I was able to shine a light on that world a little bit so that it didn't just feel like a satire exactly because it could be, and we do satirize it in that episode to some extent, But she's not there to be satirized, right, She's living, breathing with a set of rules that she thought would work for her that ultimately didn't.
Speaker 1: All the best rules were not that they were crazy, No, they were like, she's so open in a way that I didn't even remember, Like I'm like, what am I going to do? Oh my god, Oh my god. You know, it's entertaining, it's entertaining and interesting to watch. But I do think you're right and that all the characters were much more formed than I even realized, you know what I'm saying, Like you look back and you're like, oh, yeah, we are all there.
Speaker 2: We just but none of us knew in some ways, like they were there and sitting there at that coffee shop.
Speaker 1: You can see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all doing exactly they you as, these characters were all living those characters, right, animatedly living those characters. Right. We wouldn't for a little bit, right, until we look back and go there they were right.
Speaker 1: It hadn't like gelled hard where we were like, yes, this is what we're doing and this is how we're doing it. But it was coming. It's coming, super interesting things. Joy is it's so much fun. You're a joke.
Speaker 2: I could talk forever about that magic time.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we're going to have you back. You've got so many episodes coming. Oh my god, how are we going to choose which ones to happen? I don't know what enjoy though, because you have I mean, of course incredible insights into what it was like to create the show.
Speaker 2: It was such I hope everyone gets the chance in their lives to be part of something from from the beginning, to see something grow.
Speaker 1: It's so hard, so hard, it's so rare. It's so worth it. It is so worth it. But I mean, sometimes you know, you you might and I'm sure you might have had this experience. You know, you try stuff out in our business, right, because of course we're just so you know, lucky to be able to work in our business. Obviously it's a hard business, and people can seem awesome and have great idea and you're like, this could be good and then no, it just does not so much. You don't know why. You know, I've had that since then, never anything that I felt the way that I felt about us, you know what I'm saying. And it's hard. You also feel really bad, like you know that nothing's really good to live up to it. I'm sorry for everybody I'm involved with but or have ever been involved with professionally. But you're hoping, you know, it could be fun in a different way or whatever. It will always be.
Speaker 2: It'll be different, but it will never live up to what that was. And I think we all in retrospect really know that now. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I think living it, we even do it.
Speaker 1: I think we might know that we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now you really know.
Speaker 1: It now, we really really And how lucky were we? So lucky?
Speaker 2: And still so I was gonna say, you get to still, I know Charlotte is in you.
Speaker 1: I know, I know she's still kicking around there. It's awesome hav mind at this point, but that would be fun. I don't know. You never know what, Michael do you not know? So get ready. I think the kids are more likely to be having a three I think so I now have to deal with that. But that's okay. I mean, yeah, it is a dream. It's a dream in so many ways. And it's a dream to get to talk to our fans, yeah on the podcast.
Speaker 2: What a joy to get to hear from people and know that the show still lives on I know, right, So thank you all for still watching. Yeah, thank you watching again and watching for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, we love all of.
Speaker 2: You guys, and we're sorry about the flip phones.
Speaker 1: But it's funny, but it's funny to look at, and even I think in the pilot there's an even bigger one, like it's hysterical to be an evolution of phones. That could be like a subplot of the whole series, the evolution of the phones. Yeah, all right, thank you, Jenny,