Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data right to the stock movers.
Speaker 2: And lifting on certain market here the Stock Movers a wonderful podcast and joining us John Tucker.
Speaker 3: Remember they used to be across the street. Now it's a blank space across the street from space for several years now. Yeah, it's a bigorious secret ticker symbol vs CEO. They actually well, yeah, they know. They set a new date for their first quarter earnings release. It's going to be next week, June eleven. Now, they had a big data breach back in May. I recall the information exposed in that incident included names, dates of birth, social security numbers, driver's license numbers, state ID numbers, passport numbers, and also a financial account information, digital signatures, you name it, medical information. It detected the breach May twenty fourth. The company. It shut down the company's website and also the corporate IT systems from May twenty six to twenty ninth in response, and they are continued. It says the incident's scope and impact. It impacted their earnings I mean they delay their earnings because of this.
Speaker 2: What I do here on this, folks, is I look at you know, pre pandemic and pre pandemic they're popping eight billion, and they're not doing that anymore. They're popping six point two ish billion.
Speaker 3: And the tenor of the company has changed dramatically in terms of like, remember they used to have that Runway show, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So no, I don't recall that. You don't would you like to move on to the next one? So av an HR violation.
Speaker 3: Avgoh Broadcom handle That share price has soared, catapulting the chip maker into the ranks of the world's most valuable companies. This is also ratchet up the pressure on its earnings report to try and sustain the momentum. I think we're going to get those after the close of regular trading. More than half the stocks five hundred and forty billion dollar rally since it's April low has come of the past month. There are signs that heavy spending on AI gear is poised.
Speaker 2: So this is Broadcom after the close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm learning every day it is today, right, Yeah, shares you'll recall they had tumbled forty one percent from the December record before staging a two month seventy eight percent rally. This is now made at the seventh most valuable company in the S and P five hundred the market cap one point two three trillion dollars.
Speaker 1: I never used to see those kinds of moves in cap stocks. I mean, you know, it's not trading like a it's not a penny stock.
Speaker 3: This is a one of the Yeah, indeed, one of the biggest beneficiaries of AI spending. Mother likes off some of the customers like Microsoft. I'll wrap up. This comes under the category of Jane Fraser kind of trying to write the ship City Group going to cut its technology employee workforce in China by thirty five hundred jobs, part of the global simplification efforts. At the same time they're saying we're still committed to China. Reductions are expanded to be completed by the start of the fourth order, according to the Bank. In a statement today, the firm declined to provide staffing numbers at those Chinese locations, though.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.