Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to I've never said this before with me Tommy Di Dario. Today I have pop Music Royalty on my show. Yes I Do You are in for a treat. J C. Chase is widely known as being a lead vocalist in the multi platinum selling group in Sync. My fellow millennials, when I say that n SYNC was a pivotal part in our adolescent years, I know you get me. InSync has sold over fifty million records, and Jac was responsible for writing and producing many of the songs on the n Sync albums. Now. What's amazing about in Sync is their music is beloved by all age groups and all generations, and it even popped up in Deadpool this summer with their song Bye Bye Bye exploding once again in one of the top films of the year. JAC is now jumping into the theatrical world and he's teaming up with producer and composer Jimmy Harry on their new musical theater concept album called Playing with Fire, and it is literally fire. It is inspired by the timeless novel Frankenstein. Everybody knows that story and Jac is a feature vocalist on the album and the songs are so sexy, so dramatic, and oh my god, they're so good. I need to see this on stage immediately. So between celebrating his iconic contributions to pop music and then diving into this new exciting chapter, Jac and I we cover it all. So let's see if today we can get Jac to say something that he has never said before. Jace Shouse, How you doing, mom? Man?
Speaker 2: I'm good. How are you?
Speaker 1: I am fantastic. I'm so excited to be chatting with you today. I am such a big theater and musical theater fan. I mean, I'm not gonna say I'm an expert, but I have seen many shows, and I live in New York and it's a huge part of my life. So ah, I'm just so excited to dive into playing with fire. But before we dive into that, we're going to celebrate you a little bit in some amazing moments in your life. If you're cool with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure. I was about to say we're on the same page in terms of being very excited about theater. The only difference is I'm in LA and New York. Everything else you said, I'm like, oh, so we're the same great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. I think I was looking at my November December calendar and it's like five shows on and I'm like, yes, yes, this is what I love. I love the art of it all. So it's awesome. I can't wait to dive into that. But I feel like, here we are. It's beginning of November. The holiday season has officially kicked off, and for me, it's not quite the holidays without the Instant Christmas album.
Speaker 2: Hey that's a good one, And I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Go on record, and this is a pretty bold statement, but I am going to go on record right now JC and say that that album is one of the greatest albums of all time, of all time.
Speaker 2: I think it stacks up well as a good Christmas record of all times. As a wild statement, a music that's out there, but I will definitely appreciate the sentiment. I think it's a I think it's a solid Christmas record for sure.
Speaker 1: So you busted out during the holidays.
Speaker 2: I so I always go family, family first, So it's always, you know, as soon as as soon as the holidays kick in, I go into family mode.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, Well, like I said, it's a great one. It's it's it's something that brings joy, which we all need in this world more than ever. So I think that to have a collection of work like that out there is just so cool and it always keeps a life of its own. Now, you can't say that about a lot of art. That's why I'm saying it's one of the most iconic albums ever, because not all albums live up to the years that come, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for sure. Look, it's it's a fun thing, you know, and it's it's it's always kind of a bit of a giggle and a nod to you know, the moments when you're walking through the grocery store and you're like, oh okay, or wherever you're walking and you hear the tune. It's it's flattering, you know, because certainly people make new Christmas music every year, so for people to go back to ours is it again, it's a huge compliment.
Speaker 1: You probably can't ever escape Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, can you? It just pops up.
Speaker 2: I think it's fun though, I think it served. It's like when we were writing it, it ended up being exactly what we wanted. We just knew we wanted something that was joyful, and we wanted something that had energy, and we didn't want it to feel like you had to I don't know, just almost feel overthink it. You just have a bit of fun. It's a fun Christmas song and that's what we were trying to make and when we were writing it, and I think that is translated in when we were making it, the purpose translated.
Speaker 1: And do that video pops up on my YouTube the other day with like the Big Sled and the cgi Snow, it's pure camp, it's pure fun.
Speaker 2: Well you know, it's also like, hey man, we don't have a lot of money to make Christmas videos, so this is gonna be what it is. And we owned it right. It was just like again, silliness, fun. You don't have to make the most elaborate thing to enjoy yourself when you're watching it or or when you're listening.
Speaker 1: So yeah, for sure, for sure. Well I'm going to go on record again and say it's safe to say that the world will be ready for a follow up Christmas album whenever you guys are ready, We're ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a wild idea.
Speaker 1: Actually, ooh, your interest is peaked.
Speaker 2: I've never thought of that.
Speaker 1: Wait. Really, Yeah, that's okay. Come on, there's so many songs to cover and as a writer you can write so many new ones.
Speaker 2: That's wild. Okay.
Speaker 1: No, I may need producing credit on it. Nast to the idea.
Speaker 2: It's like I want to be the EP.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll talk about that later. We'll talk about that later. Jason, you had some amazing moments over the last couple of years with the guys. I mean, twenty twenty three, you reunited for the VMA's, you did the one night only showing La for Justin. These moments are are bringing so much happiness enjoy to people. Like I said earlier, it's a theme I guess of this conversation given the day we're on today, which everybody listening. We're recording this on the election day, which just has the world upside down. So for you, what was it like sharing those moments again with the guys?
Speaker 2: It was fun. Look, anytime we get together, it's always there's always something special, you know, because we had such a great run and we have such a great history with one another. Because it really, look, it made our lives wonderful. The opportunity to create things that you literally dream about and and for us to be able to come together and make those things for all those years, it made everything else in our life moving forward possible. And so whenever we're with each other, it's like, you can't It's like, I love those guys, and I can't thank them enough for you know, for our chemistry and for the opportunities that we shared together and and and because those opportunities still provide opportunities for us and so and and and Yeah, when we're together making things, it's also very exciting, especially after not doing it for a long time. You're just curious, and that aspect is very fun. You know. There's almost like you know, we know, you know where we each rest in the in the world of harmony and things like that, because we've done it so much over time. But you know, given that everyone has gone in different directions exploring, when you come back together, you go, hey, what's changed, you know, because everything that you learn along the way changes your perception and how you listen to things and how you sing things, and and so it's fun to get together with those guys now and just kind of experiment a little bit and play a little bit, and uh, and so it was certainly fun on the two songs that we did. Look, the troll sing is a blast. You know, we got to to live out a cartoon, you know, dream and and and Justin made that possible bringing us into his Trolls world. But I also think it was a lot of fun singing the song Paradise for his record. You know, it was it was kind of like it was something that he had written and you know, and he had an idea for and all of a sudden, you know, he heard it in a different way one day because when we were originally talking about doing something after we did the Trolls song, Justin and I were talking about it and we were kind of going back and forth between two songs. Actually he played me two records and then and then all of a sudden, it was like I was like, all right, well, you know, I was listening to them, and it was just like, let's figure it out, you know. And then all of a sudden, it was like, you know, down down the road when we started talking, he was no, no, no, it's this, this is us. This is like, this is the love letter that we you know, this is our appreciation and love letter to the fans that have been kind enough all the years. So that was the purpose of that and it was totally fun to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Are you a sentimental man? Like do you get nostalgic and have these moments where you're like, oh my god, I can't believe I get to this still with my best buddies and here I am, and there's an appetite for it, Like, do you feel that.
Speaker 2: I I'll say, there are others in the band that are probably more sentimental than me. But I'm appreciative, I think because I always like, you know, I certainly love you know what we've done, but I always get excited about the future. You know, even when you say the election and so on, I'm I'm positive about the future. Whatever happens, you know, today, the goal will be that every day that I step forward, I'm going to be trying to be my best self and have the best effect that I can on others around me. And so I look at every day as an opportunity to do that. And so I think, while I'm I can be slightly sentimental, I'm always excited about the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, it's a good way to live, right. You appreciate the present, but you live in the past. No, you can't live in the past. You can't. You have to celebrate. Like you said, you celebrate the unexpected things.
Speaker 2: Celebrate the past, but you know, you live in the next out and you try and create the best now you can by looking forward and doing doing the right things moving forwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well it's evident you have the mentality because you created something brilliant, which we're going to get to in a minute. But I do want to celebrate the past one more time because this summer, y'all were in one of the hottest movies of the year, Deadpool, and that song Bye Bye Bye had a life of its own again. I remember driving in an uber in New York and hearing that on the radio again, and I'm like, wait a minute, I'm a millennial, Like this is on the radio. Why this is so cool?
Speaker 2: Like for you, we never like, we never saw it coming, man. You know, we just thought it was really really cool that somebody wanted to use or not somebody, but obviously Ryan wanted to use the song in the film. And when we first you know, got to look at us like, hey, you know, the Deadpool film wants to put your song in the movie. You're like, Oh, that's cool. I wonder how they're going to use it, like what you know, but look, they're create over there, and they they like to have fun. And that worked out perfect because you know, we're like that as well. We'd like to have fun. And so when we first got wind of it, and when we first signed off, it was only for X amount of time. And then down the road in the project, they reached out again. They were like, we need to use more of the song. You guys good and we were like, yeah, have fun, do your thing. And then and then ultimately Ryan reached out and texted all of us and he was just like, so it's taking on a life of its own and we think you guys are going to love it. And and that's when he invited us to come to the premiere and things like that to see it, because he was genuinely, really really sweet and he expressed some wonderful enthusiasm about it. And we love the way it turned out. I mean, like again, funny wins.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and the guy who danced in that suit was great. But I do have to say I'm a little disappointed you didn't pop out of the suit after that dance number.
Speaker 2: Oh no, man, Look, he got stunted. I don't know what I'm gonna do with like a sword, and I don't know if I have the comornation at this at this stage in life, I'm gonna leave that, like the swords and the fighting choreo to the experts. And yeah, I'm happy to share the dance and we'll keep it at that.
Speaker 1: And to put a button on this instinct portion of this interview, you know, knowing the impact that all of these amazing moments have had, and you know, from the VMA's to the show in La it's a deadpool, its a trolls and so on and so on, how do you see the momentum continuing with the guys.
Speaker 2: Look, the fun thing is we're always talking to one another, you know, and so you never know what idea could pop. Right now, everybody's focused on projects, you know. Justin's literally on tour and you know, and I'm gearing up this project right now, so my focus is playing with fire. But we're always talking in the background, and it only takes like one idea, so anything's possible, you know. And that's the fun part about us. It's just we're one text, one phone call, from something.
Speaker 1: Anything is possible, including perhaps one day watching your show on the Broadway stage, which I certainly certainly hope is the case. Playing with Fire is your musical theater concept album. I was listening to it in the gym and I was like, oh my god, these songs are brilliant, they are so good, and you can't listen to everything, every musical theater album in the gym, but this, oh my god, it maybe the ballad.
Speaker 2: Maybe the ballads. You might you're allowed to skip the bout in the gym, but then you know you have If you want to listen to the baut later at home while you're stipping a glass of wine or something, you can do that.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what. The ballads have so much heart and like soul that you you do want to hear them, you don't want to skip it. So let's start with share with everybody what exactly is Playing with Fire.
Speaker 2: So Playing with Fire is a remake of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. It was inspired by my writing partner, My writing partner, Jimmy Harry. His mother was a playwright and she wrote a play call Playing with Fire, and she framed Mary Shelley's story in a way that was unique to other versions of Frankenstein that I had read or seen, and that she made the focus really about a conversation between the creature and the creator, Victor Frankenstein, and everything pops from that conversation. Everything happens because of that conversation between these two characters. And by framing things that way, I was emotionally affected in a way that I wasn't, you know, maybe reading the original, because I felt like the original I was always like a third party, just reading an adventure in a way. And the way that this is framed, every time you hear the Creature or Frankenstein speak, you're hearing it from their perspective, the character's perspective, so you're living through an experience through their emotion and their feeling. And that excited me. And so after reading that, you know, Jimmy and I started talking. You know, Hey, let's just start with one song and see what happens. If there's magic there, we'll we'll continue to walk down that road. And if there's not, hey, you know, we tried to do something totally different because I don't know if anybody would think about a musical for Frankenstein, and that also excited me, is you know, I just thought it was a different, fun, exciting thing to do. And we we wrote music for it, not all the music, but some of the music, and then we did a thing where we went up to the Playwright Center and Anneapolis and a guy named Jeremy Cohen opened the doors to the Playwright Center so graciously for us and brought in some actors and we got to hear some of Barbara's book, Jimmy's mother, Barbara's book against the music, because we didn't know if it was going to work, and what we learned was there's something there right. The music is doing something to the material. And that's when we got really excited. And then we noticed some flaws in what we were doing, obviously, but that's the exciting thing, you know. We go, oh, this gives me an idea. This makes me believe that we can do this. But this also gives me another idea. And that's when Jimmy and I went back in and started rewriting our version of the book because the music had changed the material as well, and so now all of a sudden, we're developing something where we can really make our mark and feel like we have something valuable to offer the story in the theater community by musicalizing a classic tale like Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: And there really is so much depth and soul to the lyrics and the music and all of the singers who are on this, including yourself of course, and you feel everything that you guys are trying to convey in the story. What about this made you so invested? Like why did you connect with this work in the way that you did? Well?
Speaker 2: The initial thought was even just hearing that, you know Frankenstein, you automatically, at least I automatically went Wow, we're living in a day and age now where the story is more relevant than ever we're up. You know, humanity and technology are really you know, at this crossroads where it's like, hey, the thought of AI and how we have to be responsible for this thing that we've created, and we're having these conversations now about that. That's really interesting to me. And the more we started writing, as much as it's a part of the story, it's not the heart of the story. The heart of the story that we've developed is humanity. It's like, it doesn't matter what happens, it doesn't matter how much technology is developed, It doesn't matter all of these What matters is that nothing can take you know, the humanity from anyone and so we focused on that aspect and what we ended up with was not just you know, a humanity and technology story, but a story about a father and a son working through some very difficult, heart wrenching, serious issues. And that was beautiful to me. It was like, oh, we've tapped into something special. You know, you go into it thinking you know, people in robots, and then you come out the other side you go, oh, this is all This is a story about humanity, and it's all about humanity, and it's being in the The center stage is you know, a father and a son and someone's great love and so having a perspective that felt like it was fresh. I got really excited about that as well.
Speaker 1: So innovative, it's so creative, which I think is probably as an artist, one of the most exciting things for you. The songs. I feel like the songs could be on the radio some of them. They're so good. What was the one I loved? Oh you used to touch me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, Jayson, this is fiery. Oh my God.
Speaker 2: The surprising thing about that record is, look, we wrote it as an up tempo and because we wanted to have energy and really to drive it. It's a taunt, you know. It's the creature kind of poking at his creator, like, Hey, you're calling me hideous, you're calling me a monster, you're calling me all of these things. Guess what. And it's almost like an you're talking to an ex. It's like, yeah, you know what, you used to put your hands all over me. Think about that for a second. I'm so ugly. Huh, you used to love me, you know, think about that when you say all these horrible things. And and so it's it's a great way for the creature to kind of kind of put it in the scientist Frank Stien's face. The thing that really surprised us was, you know, we wrote it as an up tempo, and we sang it as an up tempo. But one day we were just kind of messing around and we decided to just kind of play it in the air, like you know, on the piano over here and on the guitar o we're here, And we realized how interesting the song was. Stripped bear as well. So that's when you know that, you know there's a little bit more there. You know, you go, okay, this could literally be you know, a big, you know, bounce around, you know, energetic piece, but it can also like cut you. When you play it broken down, it hurts. And so that's when we knew that that song was was special.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well there's a lot of special songs on this man. And I think it's it's so cool that you're evolving your artist thry to tap into musical theater, which is a completely different art form. But I guess, at the end of the day, a writer as a writer, And maybe I'm wrong here, but did you feel like it was a pretty easy transition for you writing songs for so many years and in sync and as a solo artist and then writing songs for this or was it a very different thing for you?
Speaker 2: It was very different, But I was also excited by that. The thing is again, as people and as artists, we want to continue to evolve, we want to continue to grow, And I liked the idea of taking on a project that was a bigger picture project. And I also felt like because of my background in all of the years of learning and being on stage and being in studios and writing and reading and seeing films and stories and seeing how people connect to their audiences emotionally. I felt like all of those years of information prepared me for this moment in a way and made maybe ready when Jimmy and I started talking and saying why don't we write a musical? And it was like, you know, when it came out of my mouth, it was like am I crazy? Or am I ready? And it was once we started the process, I just fell in love with it. And so I think, if anything, all of those years doing all of those other things prepared me for this moment and has given me a unique voice to share because I don't want to write the same musical that another musical writer is going to make. I think that's the exciting thing. If you go see a sign Hom piece, you know you're going to get that. When you see a Weber piece, you're going to get that. And so I think it's exciting to have a different kind of voice enter the space and we'll see how how audiences react to it.
Speaker 1: So well, it's very evident you're you're so passionate about this, shining so brightly, and I can feel it through the screen, which is always such a rewarding thing when you're talking to an art is there's genuine love and passion for what you're doing. And I know a few of your peers have tapped into this, right like Duncan Chic with Spring Awakening, and I think some of their shows and projects Max Martin with a Juliet. Have you gotten any advice from peers in the business about maybe bringing this to the stage and what that entails.
Speaker 2: You know who. I had a great conversation actually recently, just days ago with Nicole Sharesinger, right, So she's doing Sunset Boulevard.
Speaker 1: I saw it three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, So she she called me up and you know, and brought me backstage and stuff like that because I told her I was going to be in town and I was like, I'd love to see it, man. I love supporting you. You know. She's always great whenever I'm working on something, she wants to hear it, and she wants she always is a great person to bounce ideas off, because again, an experienced, intelligent, talented, you know entertainer. It's like, hey, when somebody's willing to share their point of view with you, you take it, and so she's been incredibly kind about that stuff over the years. So I went and saw the shit and I just told her. I told her obviously that she's absolutely amazing in the show, because she is. But then we just started talking about different things and what her run up to it was like, you know, and how it was something that she had always wanted to do. She's like, I always knew that I wanted to do something in theater. I just always knew. I just never knew, like, you know, what's the project, what's the time in my life? What is it? You know? And this project came along for her and it's literally it's one of the most incredible things I've ever seen on stage, you know. But talking to her, she was like, this is what I went through in the early parts of it, and this is what I was inspired by. And she goes, you know, think about this, think about that, think about this, and and so it was really fun talking to her, and I think, you know what, what she shared with me has excited me even more to move forward, you know, because again I'm excited about the subject matter. But I think seeing her on stage and going, you know know what, we've kind of walked in identical shoes. She came from a band. I came from a band, you know, and she makes music all the time. And now she's up there and she's found a way to use all the things that she's learned over the years to connect with the with those audience, you know, with her talents, and to connect with the audience with her performance. And I'm and I'm hoping that same kind of knowledge base gives me an opportunity to create those connections.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I love the parallels between the two of you, and how cool to have that support system. And what's so interesting to me is, you know, pussy Katzel's in sync. You guys created music very different from musical theater. Right when I was listening to you, I thought, oh my god, has he been in intense vocal training for the last decade because he sounded amazing then, But now it's like, you're stretching your voice so much in a way that I think only musical theater can allow you to. Same thing with Nicole. When you hear her on that Sunset Boulevard album Are Live, You're like, oh my god, how you know? And your sounds in these projects are very different than the sounds in the band. It's still great, but very different.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, because they're also you're also thinking about the room. You're thinking of Look when you're I guess it's just a different approach. But when you say, you're singing different notes in a different way, and that's purposeful, you know. It's like when I approach some of these these bits, when I'm singing them, you know, they have to be kind of laid bare, let loose, you know, because you're playing a creature, you know, so if you're getting into character and that character has been through hell and back, you have to kind of strip away a bit of that armor and let yourself go with a bit of reckless abandon And that's how we approach some of the singing parts, and in some of the writing as well. It's like, these aren't things that I would say maybe in a pop record, right, but this character has put me in this position, and I have to honor that and I have to push myself. And so you're hearing a bit of that, and so that's again part of the process. And I think that's one of the great things about theater is it gives everybody an opportunity to push themselves because you want these characters to come to life. You want these characters to be the fullest realization that you can make them, and so in order to do that, you have to push.
Speaker 1: So through creating, playing with fire, and through seeing people like Nicole doing her thing in Sunset Boulevard. Do you have the stage bug? Like, do you want to be on the stage? We see you on the stage.
Speaker 2: When I started this project, I didn't think about it. I just was like, I was so just focused on making it. I just was like in my mind, I'm like, I have to make this thing. I literally I turned into Victor Frankenstein in terms of being obsessed. Jimmy and I we would just go in the studio and we were so determined to make this, and we're determined right now. You know, this is only step one in a long process and we know that, but you know, we just looked at it as an opportunity to share the journey with the audience instead of just kind of throwing everything at them at once. Go Hey, this is where we're going. Do you want to be a part of this? Come to the next thing that we do. And I think it's great to build your audience, and that's what we're doing through this process. In terms of being on stage, though again I've started to think about it now. I actually didn't think about it in the beginning. I just wanted to, you know, make this thing, but I would be open to it. The only problem you have to deal with with me is is that I'm going to want to make something else. So because while you know, the time you spend on stage is the time that you're not in the studio. And actually, to be perfectly honest with you, I have Jimmy and I are already talking about more ideas, which is kind of insane, but you know that's just the kind of creators we are, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, I feel like if you were to be on stage, you have to now keep kind of in theme to the project you're working on. So it would have to be like a jeckal and Hyde reboot on stage or like a Phantom bring Phantom back. You know, I could see you in that vibe.
Speaker 2: Well, I think anything that I would be on stage with for like a run of something would probably be something that I would want to have been a part of creating. That being said, we do have one that we've already written aside from this, and that would be a fun one and it's nothing like this, because why not. But but I think the connective tissue in terms of me being in something or be being a creator and something, I think it more boils down to because I don't see Phantom as a Jesus Christ superstar, you know. I think they're two very different shows created by Weber, and so I think that you're allowed. I think you're allowed to have range when you're being creative in the theater space as well. Now, well, some of the melodies you know live in the same family, probably just because it's you're talking about the same writer. But I don't necessarily think that you have to be to be kind of boxed into a genre. You have to I have to go where my heart takes me and where I'm inspired, because I think the best product that I make is from truth, and so so when I when I'm out there and I'm truly believing in what I'm doing, That's when I'm at my best. And I think people can kind of sniff that out.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why you've had such longevity, right, and that's why you're continuing to do amazing things, and it's scary to take on something like this. It's a big leap of faith. You're putting your blood, sweat, and tears in it. It's a different thing for you and your fan base, but you have such a burning passion for it that you said, I got to do it and I got to see this. It's that you like what I did. There burning passion, but it's it's seriously, it's an amazing thing that you're creating, and I imagine that you must be very proud. And when you look back at your whole career and everything you've accomplished, what do you feel the most proud about.
Speaker 2: I think I'm proud of the relationships that I've created. I don't think it's like any one project that I'm super proud of. I think I'm more proud of the people that I've met along the way and been able to work with and the impression that we've left on one another. Very rarely, you know, knock on wood, but very rarely do I have a bad experience, because I am a bit picky fair. But the thing that I'm proud of is the friends that I've made along the way. When I think back to the to the mouse Club, and I think, Wow, I've made some lifelong friendships there. And even if I don't talk to those people for years at a time, ten years at a time, I'm appreciative of them and I can tell them that I love them because again, they're part of me. And everything about that situation, it came in on a high note and it left on a high note, and it was a beautiful situation. And the same thing with the guys. It's like, when we came together, we had a genuine enthusiasm about what we were doing, and when we came in together, we were pushing for everything the right way. And when we decided we had made the run that we had aimed to make, we went out on a high as well. We were thankful for everything and we felt like, you know, we were doing the right thing and and so and that's that's I think what I'm most proud of is I'm thankful that all the experiences that I've had have been experiences that I'll look back on and say, I've made a friend along the way, and I feel like I did it the right way.
Speaker 1: Jason. The name of the show is called I've never said this before and as we wrap up, I finish every interview by asking my guests, what is something that you've never said before? And that question can mean anything you wanted to mean. So take the floor, my friend, what would you like to say today?
Speaker 2: I've never said I'll be a monster before? Whether maybe, just maybe. I think that's probably the best thing I can come up with it right now because it's such Again, that's a deep well of a question. That's a great that's a great question to pose to people.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You know it came from I cover a lot of you know, movie premieres and press junkets where you got three minutes or five minutes with someone and I'm like, like, man, you can't have a real conversation here, and I always see people wanting to share a different side to them. So that's where it was born. But you know what that that answer is very on brand for this conversation, So I like it. I like it a lot. JC Before we go, I'm going to share one thing that my friend shared with me. My friend Lisa, when I was telling her about this interview today, was so excited. She's a huge fan of your work, always has been, loves this new concept album supports.
Speaker 2: All you know, it's a weird but yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she but she thinks it's genius. And I think that's what's cool is a lot of your eurog fans are now coming with you onto this journey and it's a pretty magical thing, you know. And she said to me, an in sync reunion of any kind would heal the millennial generation. When you hear that, well, what do you feel? Because that is an amazing statement.
Speaker 2: It's incredibly humbling, that's for sure. You know, when you are yourself, I don't know you. You just think you're going through life being you, and and sometimes you know, really it's the kindness of strangers that is going to put things into perspective. When someone that you never met before, that you don't know, shares an act of kindness, it's humbling and then I look, I appreciate it to the moon. So but it's also hilarious that that would be the context you could heal the millennials.
Speaker 1: You of the power, You of the power, My man, jac Thank you. This was such a blast. I loved you know, hearing you celebrate, hearing us celebrate some of your past work, but really diving into this new project. Like I said earlier, I am such a fan of theater and musical theater and that creative space. And I hope you keep going with this. I hope you have massive success with this. I hope that I see you down the block in New York City doing the show on stage. And I believe in it, So keep going. I think it's a really special thing you have.
Speaker 2: Thank you man. Again, I think I think it's it's inspired me in a way that I haven't been inspired in a long time. And so I'm thankful just to be feeling this way about working on a project. And I hope that the voice that Jimmy and I are bringing to the theater world is something that people find interesting on some levels.
Speaker 1: And how can we continue to support.
Speaker 2: PWF Musical dot com. You know, you connect you with all the music, all the socials and everything like that, and hopefully you can you know, if you go check that stuff out, you can follow the journey of this whole thing, because again, we just released a record. This is the beginning, right so you know, next thing, you know, we're going to be in a building, so we're singing these songs live on a stage and addressing the book. We're thinking about a concert first and then going from concerts into workshops and then all these other things. But again, this is the beginning of the process and where it goes will be up to anybody who is reaching out, who is curious about it. It'll the project will literally be in everyone else's hands.
Speaker 1: Well, rock on, keep it going, and in the meantime, keep healing a generation.
Speaker 2: That's the goal.
Speaker 1: Jay Z, Thank you so much, my man, thank you. I've never said this before. It is hosted by me Tommy Diderio. This podcast is executive produced by Andrew Piglisi at iHeartRadio and by Me Tommy, with editing by Josh Shua Colaudney. I've Never Said This Before is part of the Elvis Duran podcast network on iHeart Podcasts. For more rate review and subscribe to our show and if you liked this episode, tell your friends. Until next time, I'm Tommy Diderio.