Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go. Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Break on.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought Us, Nick Harris, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 6: It is Friday, November twenty second, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number seventy three. Welcome to the latest edition All of the Break. We're live from that SWBC Mortgage studios at the start. We're presented by LG. LG is the world's number one o leed TV brand for eleven years and counting. See why at LG dot com for slash o Ledevo.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show. How's the right doing today?
Speaker 2: Excellent? Is a Friday?
Speaker 6: We get you guys ready for Cowboys Versus Commanders. We will be heading to Washington tomorrow. It is currently snowing in Washington, d C. Yes so, but it won't be about tomorrow. It'll just be nice and cool. Get a nice brisk today, about fifty degrees so it'll be perfect, perfect football.
Speaker 7: Hate that stadium.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the worst I know, I know, and they're actually good this time. Like we used to go in there and they're not very good. They're actually they're actually pretty good.
Speaker 4: And we have to go deal with that stadium.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it'll be an interesting game. Lots of interesting things that we'll expect to see this Sunday, Cowboys versus Commanders.
Speaker 2: It would be really fun. I grew up in an era where the Cowboys and the Commanders were good at the same time. It's really kind of cool when that happens because both teams there was always a battle. And now you're dealing with the Eagles, and you know, we'll see what the giants. Giants make a big move today with Daniel Jones being.
Speaker 6: Crazy that they would do that right now, but I understand it's.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's really you know, you could see yesterday they were filming. It looked uncomfortable. He looked uncomfortable. He's doing what he has to do, but you know, trying to be respectful. And the Giants did the right thing by moving on that way. But if the Commanders and the Cowboys could be really good together. There were some times like in the seventies that this rivalry was a lot of fun. Yeah, a lot of fun. And this is before social media and the back I mean this was reporter asking, you know, player. Then it got back to Dallas and they got you know, there was that constant back and forth between these teams really didn't like each other.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys had Crazy Raid. They had a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, do you know what his name was.
Speaker 6: It was like he always wore liked the full Indian regula.
Speaker 2: He had the feathers, the headdress and all that, and yeah, Crazy Ray and Crazy Ray my favorite thing was. And I have all those pennants from the seventies, Like I actually bought pennants from Crazy Ray. But he started off selling pennants and then he became like the unofficial kind of the cheerleader. You know, we had the cheerleaders on the sidelines, but in the stand and Crazy had this this device that he he could whistle like it was you put on your tongue and you can make these sounds, these chirping sounds and stuff. So you could always hear him in the stadium where he was and stuff. But yeah, the the Commanders had a full, full decked out guy and and and it's funny he always to take like their pennant and like wipe it under his arms and wipe his face. And I mean it was it was kind of a it was but these two cities did not like each other at that time, and in neither of the football teams. And but you had a guy like a George Allen, who you know, he would he he had a veteran team, and the Cowboys were kind of a veteran team. And Tom Landry wasn't always as outspoken as George Allen was, but they're you know, Hall of Fame coaches and players and made the rivalry really really cool. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was an interesting time.
Speaker 6: And there's just certain franchises that it just feels right when they're good. I think that happens in college sports too. Yeah, and it does feel right, you know when you experience those years and both the Commanders and the Cowboys are good.
Speaker 2: You know, I miss I miss well. You know, this is really the first year with Dallas and their situation, you know, and you know, we've they've had some problems here this year, of course, but there's just teams that are when they're good, it's it makes the league better. The Raiders are one of those teams. The Bears are another one of those teams. When when when they're going along good, it makes the league good. You know, the Cowboys, of course, it just kind of when the when, the when the all these those teams are going at their best, it just makes for a better, better league overall. And I mean everybody loves the National Football League, don't get me wrong, but there's certain teams when they're going along well that it just makes the league. Like I said, I miss the Raiders being good. Yeah, you know, because in the seventies when the Raiders with Al Davis and all that was, you know, the Cowboys never matched up with the Raiders and the Super They're always dealing with the Steelers. The Steelers were hard out. I mean, you guys went up there, you saw that fan base and all that's hard in the seventies that you know, they had like they had just as many Hall of Fame players as you did, you know, and it was tough. I mean, it was a tough, tough deal to have to deal with those guys. Yep.
Speaker 6: All right, let's talk about the some of the injuries that are on the injury report for the Cowboys yesterday, Ceede Lamb pops up as it did not participate. He limited the day before but did not participate yesterday with a back and foot anything.
Speaker 4: We're hearing on that one.
Speaker 2: Just still kind of waiting it out and we'll see what happens, what happens today and then you know, but ceed has proven in the past that he'll be willing to fight through some things, so they're they're just taking a wait and see approach on this one. You know, last week they had the extra day because of the Monday night game. They don't have that. They don't have that luxury now. But my gut feeling is that Ceede Lamb will play on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Tyler Smith Zach Martin also did not participate either one. Zach, we've heard it's probably not likely he plays Tyler. We were thinking it's quite likely he does at this point. Here's what I'd like to hear.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 6: What do you project right now? Will be the starting offensive a line for the Cowboys on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Guidon Smith BB bass and steel bass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, Nick said the other day, he Hoffman, Yeah, what are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: You know what, I you know, I think Nick might be on something. I know. They really really love Hoffman and how smart he is. They love that aspect of them. They love how he battles and stuff. You know, he could very well be right about that. You know, that's I could do a little bit more research on that because I've got my pregame show to be able to have to do on Sunday morning, and so that is a good that is a good place to start. But Mike, well, what.
Speaker 8: Would you say is the main difference between the two in the way that they play?
Speaker 2: I think that to me, I think that that bass plays with more power, and I mean more power, more upper body strength, more ability with the leverage and things like that. You're dealing it. There used to be a time with these, with the commanders that you had to deal with the Ron Pain, you know, and then you had to deal with Jonathan Allen. It's a little bit different with Newton, the rookie from Illinois starting. But Pain and Newton are I mean Pain especially is a bigger, stronger type of a guy. They get they get really good push and mil me personally, give me my strongest guys to play in the middle dealing with this team if there were athletic guys, I mean, it's still I think you're at a little bit of a disadvantage too, with either with Hoffman or Bass. I don't know if necessarily either one of them are these you know, you would say that they were like what you know, you get with Smith and all that, with movement and stuff. I just kind of feel like, to me, you need your stronger guys. I think that Bass physically is stronger than Hoffman, But they'll tell you that that Hoffman is super smart, and you're gonna get a lot of likely some blitz coming through the middle of that. So you're gonna have to be able to identify. You gotta We call him a rookie center, but he's played eleven games. Now, I wouldn't consider him a rookie anymore. I would consider him he's he's seen a lot already, and so eleven games in him making these starts. You know, they've got to be able to handle the middle. They can't. They can't allow this thing to turn into Frankie Luvu the linebacker and Doron Pain and those guys. Everybody are pushing the middle of the pocket it's hard enough for it's hard enough for Cooper Rush to have to deal with, you know, the outside pressure, you know, potentially from what they're going to see with foulor and then also Armstrong. So man, you got to keep the front of that pocket clean if you can. I just keep thinking about here are the commanders, and they struggle to stop the run, they really do, and then all of a sudden, now you're going to turn this into potentially having to throw the ball in this game. I'd love to see. I'd love to see, you know, Trey Lance play quarterback and this thing turns into RPO football, handoffs, handoffs, runs, quarterback pull, design run, quarterback draw. You know, just make Dan Quinn and Joe Witt have to defend the field defending the run because you you play into the strength when it turns into throwing the ball. And they've struggled somebodys we've talked about with their secondary, but their secondary has has improved because their pass rushes improved, but they blitzed more. Now can Dallas handle the blitzeres. That's going to be the key for this one.
Speaker 4: You know, it's interesting.
Speaker 6: Last night's the game between the Browns and the Steelers. I thought had a couple of different things that jumped out to me that I think irrelevant for this weekend Cowboys versus Commanders. Number one, anything can happen in division games.
Speaker 4: You saw it last night.
Speaker 6: You saw two teams that were on opposite ends of the spectrums from the standpoint.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you know that's the thing about division games, and there have been time when Dallas was rolling along really well and went to go play a bad Commander's team or whatever their name was at the time, underdogs.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what That's exactly right. And so that's the one thing.
Speaker 6: But the second thing that jumped out to me was you saw Pittsburgh doing a little bit of that two quarterback thing. They had a package for Justin Fields, and Justin Fields ended up with three I thought, consequential runs and got them twenty six yards. And I'm looking at this game and I'm saying a similar thing for Dallas in the way that if they can use even if they don't use him all the time, I'm not saying you necessarily got to start him, but just there are moments in games where it's critical downs, critical moments in games where you just throw something a little different at the defense, and I think Trey Lance can provide that for you if you're.
Speaker 2: Willing to do it. Amberg's gonna get her old tired offense out there again this week. Get ready.
Speaker 7: I'm excited about it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm looking at the injury report and I'm excited for their own blend full practice two days in a row, so we'll see what happens today. Is just trending the right direction, and I'm that's something exciting.
Speaker 7: To look forward to.
Speaker 8: And Cooks he's the other one that I thought it was backwards, but it right now it seems like maybe he might not play this weekend.
Speaker 6: I'm really interested in seeing what happens when they get Bland back to full health and they get and they get Jordan Lewis back and digs on the injury, get Kneeland back, hunh.
Speaker 2: Yes, digs up. He's limited. He's limited. You cannot get both these guys at the same time.
Speaker 6: But I just want to I want to see if Zimmer has his full contingent of guys, what he can do with this defense and uh and and that'll just be regardless of the outcome of the game. I just want to see what happens there, because I had bigger hopes and dreams for this defense under my Tampa second last right here, right, and then all of a sudden, it's like it's they are they are a great defense, right uh for two games. But yeah, that'll be interesting. We're going to take our first break when we come back. We've got a little yetti time with ag amberscot a Game Force.
Speaker 4: We'll be back. Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure five.
Speaker 10: G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 11: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Get Jack Blow slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas.
Speaker 12: Take five Oil change, a proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take fives, stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area, and remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 14: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, Each pair offers unmatched comfort and style, staan tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey Store at the Star Frisco or online at Lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 15: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the break.
Speaker 7: At and T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 4: Welcome back.
Speaker 6: It is the second segment of the Break Life in SWBC Mortgage Studios at the Stars.
Speaker 4: Time for a little Yetti time, Remember what you got?
Speaker 8: This segment is presented by YETI, officially licensed YETI Cowboy Year is now available at AT and T Stadium, Pro Shop, Concessions and on Yetti dot Com. So for today's game, basically, I'm just giving you a term, and you guys gotta guess if it is a sports term or not. Okay, And if it is, what sport is it from?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: We both we both just guess. I mean together, is it a together? Gamers? It back?
Speaker 7: We can go back and forth.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a hard one.
Speaker 6: I'm not a big sports I'm a big football fan and I'm kind of a basketball fan.
Speaker 4: I think other than that, I don't really watch sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's some things. She's probably gonna hit us with bad health.
Speaker 8: So you Chris, if Chris, if you you gotta come over here and sit in here, you're.
Speaker 11: More than who's gonna run this boarding.
Speaker 10: I am.
Speaker 8: Before we go to break no prod it in one of our games that we did one time. Yes, he did well, he was back there.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't trust he got a Google bike there. But I can stop you.
Speaker 6: From cheating in the game if you're not.
Speaker 7: Okay, Uh, we'll start off. Penny lane.
Speaker 2: Is it a sports term?
Speaker 7: Is it a sports penny lane?
Speaker 4: P e n and why?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, it seems like and and why would that be something in marbles?
Speaker 4: I was thinking bowling, but.
Speaker 2: Lane, but penny lane was the song? Is was that Beatles song?
Speaker 7: Point for Brian?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: For what marbles?
Speaker 7: It's a Beatles So.
Speaker 2: It's not sports okay, because I was thinking something, you know, like.
Speaker 6: With marbles, like, okay, these are not all sports terms.
Speaker 4: I thought we're saying, tell us the sport that they're.
Speaker 2: That's what's trying to figure out.
Speaker 7: Said, if it is, I yeah, if it is a sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Beatles, Beetles, Beetles song.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, okay, I'm old enough to know that.
Speaker 7: Full court press, that's.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 7: I'll give you both a point. Okay. Drop shot, wait.
Speaker 4: Drop shot in that hockey drop shot.
Speaker 2: I'll say this amber and there's you can fish with lures and it's called drop shots. There's way to do that. I'm gonna say that is not a fishing term. Drop shots, drop shots.
Speaker 4: Hockey jumped to my mind. I don't know if that's right.
Speaker 2: What is it? What is it?
Speaker 7: Tennis?
Speaker 2: Tennis? Oh drop shot? You just gotta cut it. You cut it, you cut it.
Speaker 8: Okay, checkmate, that's chess, not a sport, not a sport. But yes, you guys both got that one hat hat trick.
Speaker 2: That's hockey, hockey three goals.
Speaker 3: Yes, do we all go to a hockey We all went to a hockey game one time. Did we went to do we sit up at? But it was fun, drank going to hockey games. I'm not a big hockey fan, but it was it's fun to go.
Speaker 2: I think Nick Experiences. Nick even organized that trip. Well, you took us all on dot com and I think me Helmett got way too hammered up there. But the banners were like right, we.
Speaker 4: Were at the time.
Speaker 2: We could turn around, touch the wall. Triple crown that's horse racing, or or wait, triple crown could be tennis? Is that triple crown in tennis? Like the French Open? There just four for that? Okay, then that's more it's horse racing. Let's call a grand slam accident slam. There you go, my bad, there you go, grandson half pipe. That's surfing. Surfing half pipe could be snowboarding.
Speaker 7: Snowboarding, skateboarding. I'll give you there enough, Okay. Mongolian chop.
Speaker 2: Mongolian chop is like, okay, this sounds like wrestling. It's a wrestling like he gave him the Mongolian jo. I think I think this is a I think this is a professional. To me, I don't know it, but yeah, we're having Mongolian today. Mongolian chop is a wrestling.
Speaker 7: Term, martial arts mar art.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've heard like, oh he got it with the Mongolian cho. That's a w w.
Speaker 7: Rolling in the.
Speaker 6: Deep song Tina Turner and I Turner of you big wheels, Keep on.
Speaker 2: That's Proud Mary though, isn't it?
Speaker 16: It was.
Speaker 6: Rolling in but I was thinking I was thinking Proud Mary, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Rolling on the river, Yeah, rolling stone, rolling stone is it's actually a lyric, it's the rolling stone is is A wait a minute. This sounds like something they might have done in Ireland. This might be something that they do an actual stone. Yeah, Like it's a sport like, oh, we're going to roll the throw those telephone poles. You know what I'm saying. Have you seen that thing, that thing hurling. Yeah, all the people in in our overseas fans are losing, right, Like a rolling Stone is a Bob Dylan song? Like a rolling Stone?
Speaker 4: But the rolling Stone is.
Speaker 7: It a sport or not?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 8: Finally answer, okay, it's a famous band, The Stones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Stones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were saying, like I thought there was a distinction you're making between Rolling Stone and Rolling Stones.
Speaker 7: No, it was long together.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm saying the.
Speaker 6: S on the If you s it rolling Stones, I'll be like, okay, man, yeah, distinction, that was my point.
Speaker 4: But anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 2: That was good though, because that gives it a way too easy. The no s made me thinking, but it's right what I mean.
Speaker 7: Alright, moving on space jam move movie.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, well they have had two that. They had another one with lebron ron cross crossbar.
Speaker 2: Crossbar soccer football.
Speaker 16: Yes, yeah, yes, lay up basketball, sixth man basketball, open mic.
Speaker 6: Karaoke that's like comedy, come on singing or yes, yeah, backstage.
Speaker 4: Pass concert it's concerts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm trying to trick your guys.
Speaker 4: Some of them are pretty common. Yeah, I gotta trick us with those.
Speaker 7: Rock what rock rock are U c K?
Speaker 2: I think this is pronounced rook maybe, and I think it's pool. I think it's a pool like the rook, or it might be carts.
Speaker 7: Are you c k?
Speaker 2: Are you this is pool?
Speaker 9: Pool?
Speaker 2: Rook? The rook?
Speaker 4: I think remember when Now, no, there's no no not.
Speaker 2: I thought this was the thing when you when you have a difficult shot and you bring it out and you have the brace. Is that called the rook? Or is that the bridge? I know it's.
Speaker 7: Derek using his computer right now.
Speaker 6: Well, the only reason I am is because I thought I thought i'd heard the term rock sack. But I don't know if it's the same thing as rug but.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's a sport rugby.
Speaker 2: Oh is that like pick the dude up and catch the ball kind of thing?
Speaker 4: They picked the dude up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they pick each other up when they throw it in. They sometimes hoist the guy up and they go elevation to get the instead of him jumping. Yeah, they pick him up. They pick him up. Yeah, I've heard about this one term. Is this a sports term or not? Hooker?
Speaker 8: Hooker because there's no way you're just throwing on you're a hooker.
Speaker 2: So it's a rugby term.
Speaker 7: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: Yea hooker.
Speaker 4: What does it mean?
Speaker 2: What it's like a It's a position, one of the positions. Yeah, you're a hooker. Yeah yeah, all right? Bag something every day bagger.
Speaker 7: B A G G E R.
Speaker 13: Bagger.
Speaker 2: That's that's gotta be. That's a sports term. That's something to do. Maybe it's something to do with golf.
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking. Kind of golf is that is that?
Speaker 2: That's a movie. By the way, baggar Van's a good movie. Anyway, you didn't see it.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 7: We'll tackle box, come.
Speaker 2: On there, that's a band. Everybody knows that the tackle box is a band. Tackle Boxes also could be fishing, yeah, gear or where the tackle boxes inside the tackle box?
Speaker 7: Fly fly half, fly half boy.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a move that you would do in skateboarding. He hit the fly half right, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: Skateboarding fly half, I'm gonna say not a sport.
Speaker 7: Both are wrong. What this is from rugby?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 17: You're killing us with rugby half that's probably that's probably might be we could throw the guy in the I think a fly half sounds like a guy that's like on I bet you that's turpin like a dude, fly go like a half back.
Speaker 4: You could go, yeah, like I beg session almost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's probably terping. Fly half. Okay, guy that can go sounds good to me.
Speaker 4: Let's roll with it.
Speaker 7: Let's see.
Speaker 8: The fly half is often considered the playmaker of the team, and their primary role is to direct the attack and make the key decisions in both offense and defense.
Speaker 4: Is that the quarterback?
Speaker 2: That's a quarterback? Yeah, fly half?
Speaker 7: Yeah. See, we're learning some things today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watch rugby, all right.
Speaker 7: I don't know how you pronounced this one.
Speaker 8: De deck it's spelled d e k e de.
Speaker 2: That's a move. That's a that's a move you like. You many scores that kind of thing. Hockey turn hockey, Chris?
Speaker 4: Is this hockey, guys, Blackhawks?
Speaker 7: It iss stunt jump stunt?
Speaker 4: Is that like like stunts when they're jumping off that's.
Speaker 2: A cheerly wait wait oh, cheerleading, yes, cheerleading truly stunt jump cheerleading sport.
Speaker 8: I'm sure there's a stunt jump term and cheerleading. But this was motocross.
Speaker 4: Oh when they jumped.
Speaker 2: Okay, like you put the back in. Is that how it sounds. It's never got that close. If you go out to a TV we have, we do, we have.
Speaker 4: It's have you ever?
Speaker 2: Have you ever?
Speaker 4: Did you ever take Bennet when he was little?
Speaker 2: No, I never did. He wanted to go to the monster trucks. That's another thing. You go to those.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 7: I just buy the first time. I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Your son's gonna love it.
Speaker 2: My kids loved it. Make sure we're protection, yeah, for sure, bear protection, but it's a lot of ones.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of fun. The first time went, both my kids were really excited. They had a good time with it.
Speaker 7: Of course we got pit passes.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 17: There.
Speaker 2: Oh, they had a great time. They were in a box and they're eating chicken. Not true.
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, we're sitting at the very top again, like literally we were sitting at the top of It.
Speaker 4: Wasn't at stadium just it was at ANDD Stittum.
Speaker 2: They had the monster truck things for if you ever walk by, if you're going to like the locker room, you know they have that room at at and T with all like the field turf and stuff like that, and they have all the but they have pieces of those monster trucks up there, like the sheet metal. They have really, yeah, everything every event that they've ever had there they have like a piece of what they did. And so they have pieces of the monster truck. When you walk by, you can see like Bigfoot, you know, the side of the truck up there.
Speaker 4: It's gonna it's a fun event.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you guys for playing. It was a random little game, but something to do.
Speaker 6: We learned some stuff today. We learned lots of things. All right, we're gonna take our final break. We will come back. I got some question for you guys about the Washington versus Dallas matchup, and we'll see if we have a chance for a question or two from the fans, we'll be back. Dallas Cowboys ComRadio.
Speaker 18: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an Lgoldevo TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike. Every play, every hit. I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 4: That's how clear it is.
Speaker 18: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 2: No one comes close.
Speaker 18: Lgoled Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 19: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipments. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold doctor pepper for everyone. The wins will be even taste here.
Speaker 2: It's a pepper thing and we're going to overtime.
Speaker 18: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 5: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual Financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash ericap by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required dowloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. You chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a FDIC.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast reliable, Secure five G.
Speaker 10: Requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: Back to the break.
Speaker 8: This segment, Oh, that was the wrong segment was going.
Speaker 6: LG.
Speaker 8: This is LG oh led evo is the best TV in the game, but don't take her word for it. Digital Trends said that LG led G four has the best spature quality they've ever seen. See it for yourself at LG dot com slash oh let evo.
Speaker 6: You know what, yesterday I had the opportunity to figure out how good I had to change up some of my internet service, and I started to see how great my LGTV really is because I didn't have the kind of like bandwidth to really be able to see it.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's a beautiful time.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what that is.
Speaker 6: A when you have when you get the bandwidth you need, like it is a beautiful TV.
Speaker 2: I've taken three extra jobs just to buy more internet bandwidth. Yeah, it's worth it. I figured out that, like because I do stuff with you know, podcasts and stuff at home, and I don't want it to drop. There's nothing worse than doing a podcast and it drops or you freeze and all that, and so I totally I sually I took three extra three jobs just to make sure that I have Okay, what's the most powerful I could have in my house? Yeah, and I got it.
Speaker 6: And by the way, there's so much you can, like I don't want to get too far to talk about. There's so much that affects all that, Like if you're using a streaming service, which kind of streaming service you're using, what kind of boxer do you have?
Speaker 2: All that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: Will factor into what your TV actually is gonna look like, are you getting out of it what it really was meant to do?
Speaker 2: Very evident in the in the Netflix thing with the Tyson fight. Yeah, that you know, if you're if you're kind of lagging you kind of like my buddy's like, oh man, I can't see I'm like watching every year. Like I'm like, I'm there. I'm not having a problem at all. What's your deal?
Speaker 4: Get your LG say it is a beautiful TV.
Speaker 6: You need to get it all right, Let's let's go ahead and jump into some some thoughts or actually some questions I have for you guys about the Washington Dallas matchup. Let's start first on the Washington offense. What do you think is the scariest thing about this Washington offense.
Speaker 2: It's got to be the quarterback and is he getting healthy enough to run? That's the thing you worry about the last several weeks, he hasn't really been healthy enough, and this team hasn't played as well, uh offensively. You know, he's had to throw the ball more. His passer rating went from where the rating where the accuracy went from. And he's still deadly accurate, don't get me wrong, but he was like, you know, seventy five to seventy nine percent, you know, completion percente. Now he's more like in the fifty nine to sixty range. Those last several weeks, I think a lot of it has they've played better defenses, but they've also he was banged up. And if he's getting healthy, then is he going to be more confident? He has to be looking at the tape and saying, Dallas is going to give me some opportunities to run the ball here, and will I be able to take those opportunities? Can I run out that right side? Can I gain fifteen sixteen yards and then get out of bounce or get down? By the way, this kid, he doesn't always know how to get down when he runs or get out of bounce. He will take some wicked hits. He took some wicked hits in college and he pops back up. But dealing with the side, the ribs, the problems that he's had, I don't know how willing he's going to be run. But hell, everybody it's played Dallas this year that's banged up has kind of figured it out and the next thing, and it looked like all pro players worried about the quarterback rounding the ball.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I mean he's the main target here because, like you said, his ability to run, and I think he will.
Speaker 7: I think he will find.
Speaker 8: Those moments where he will despite the injury and all of that. I think he will find those moments where he sees the opportunity and go for it.
Speaker 7: But that's the.
Speaker 8: Problem that we've seen in previous games with this Cowboys defense, where they do struggle with mobile quarterbacks, and that's something that you have to take into account that in the running game that we've talked about it NonStop here and I think, yeah, that's a challenge. It's going to be a challenge for this defense.
Speaker 2: Terry McLaurin going vertically too will be a problem for them as well. I mean if they don't, if well the struggles yeah yeah, I mean to me, it's it's you know, it ends up being it ends up being a long completion or pass interference and it's a forty yard play, you know it. You just because they this this quarterback is really accurate throwing the deep ball, and Terry McLaren is really good at catching the deep ball. So that would be my worry right there with that offense, the quarterback, his ability to run and this ability to throw the deep. But Terry McLaurin, he's he's had some really off games against the Cowboys digs and those guys have done a good job against them over the years. Just worry about the one time he finally has a quarterback and he lights you up a little bit.
Speaker 6: What do you look at as far as the opposite side of that from the Cowboys standpoint, if there's an opportunity that you see going against this commander's offense, what would it be.
Speaker 2: I think the left tackle is clearly they You know, Brandon Coleman is a rookie from TCU, him Cornelius Lucas, they've kind of split time there at the left tackle spot. If I'm Mike Zimmer, I am going to do everything in my part. Now. They've had some trouble struggles too. Sam cos Me the University of Texas the right guard, he's played at a very high level. There was a time where he wasn't, but he's playing much better and so there he's given up more pressures. Andrew Wiley the right tackles given up pressures. The weakest player I believe on this offensive line is there, Like I said, the left tackle, Brandon Coleman. And what I would do would be I would take Micah Parsons and sell Coleman on the fact, rush him outside, rush him outside, and then hammer him on the inside. You know, kind of set him up because he's a little bit like Steel in the fact that he's long, he's rangy, but he doesn't play inside power all that well, that's where you need to if you can, you know, get inside quickest path to the quarterback, maybe not around Coleman, through Coleman to the inside, and Ali Gretti, the guard who plays next to him, you kind of cover him up or you know that's maybe that's uh, you know, maybe that's Osa. And now Osa's with inside rush with Aligretti, he's got him taken down. And now you've got this, you know, you've got maybe this space where you take him. You take the guard inside and then the tackle think he's having to go wide to deal with with Parsons creates a little bit of a seam there, and that kid's just not strong enough right now to be able to stop you from doing that. I could see Michael Parsons getting home or somebody on that right side because it's hard to it's hard to help the chip if inside rush, and if it's inside rush, Mike is strong enough to where he could just run over Brian Robinson or run over Austin Eckler, and Austin Eckler's had some problems with some blitz pick up stuff as well.
Speaker 6: All right, let's talk about the other side of the ball, Washington's defense. What's the scariest thing about that defense.
Speaker 2: I think that to me, there it's a couple of different things. It's it's they they figured out now that their way, their best way of creating pressure is to blitz and nobody. You go and look at the metrics. You go and watch the tape the first you watch the first few games, and you watch the sacks and how they were getting them, and it wasn't so much it was more about the defensive line the pressure. Nobody splitz more. Well take that back, Lions of blitz more. But that's the only other team that splits more than what we've had here with the with the with the Commanders, they're they're one of the top blitzing teams now since week five. And a lot of it has to do with with Frankie Luvu he's number five for him, Bobby Wagner, the two inside linebackers. And so what's happened is they figured out and and Dan Quinn and Joe Witt are using Frankie Louvo as as like Michael Parsons, their their their stand up. They brush him through the middle, they rush him on the outside. I mean, he's not a hand down guy like we see with Parsons, but they move him around and he's got a really good feel for how to make himself small and get around blockers. It's gonna be a problem too, I think with with the Ron Pain, and especially if there's no Zach Martin starting at right guard, you know the power who who over there can handle the Doron Pain power at the tackle spot, and so Frankie Louvu, the Ron Pain, those are guys I think you're gonna have to deal with on this this front seven with the commanders right well.
Speaker 8: Also I would mention to Fowler, he's another guy that he's gone.
Speaker 7: He's amount of sacks and.
Speaker 8: With this offensive line that the Cowboys are working with right now, I mean we got a glance of that last week, so you know there's gonna be a lot of chances for these guys to get to the quarterback, get to Cooper rush if they don't get creative. And he's a guy that I think there's always something to it when you're facing your previous team that you play differently with a different kind of passion and aggressiveness. So I think I could see a game with him where he has a really great day against this Cowboys offensive line.
Speaker 6: Where's the opportunity against his defense?
Speaker 2: The secondary. I kind of feel like with Benjamin Saint Juice the left corner and a little bit they're struggling right now. Mike standers still, he's the rookie corner from Michigan. Teams have had some success throwing the ball on these guys when you look at quarterback ratings and stuff like that, completion numbers, target numbers, all these things. They went out and got Marshawn Lattimore because of some of the struggles that they have. They know when they get into the playoffs, they're going to have to be better at They're gonna have to be better in the secondary. Uh. You know, we'll see what happens with the nickel here. And you're getting eleven personnel, they try and match you up. But they've had some problems with some completions. This team. This team though, if you could run the ball, yeah I keep saying this, but if you run the ball, you can keep the Commander's offense off the field. How committed will Dallas be to run in the ball? And you know that's that's going to be if all of a sudden it turns into Okay, they they they they they win the toss. They elected to for now the Commanders are up seven to nothing and now and then you go out, say you go three and out, Commanders get the ball back. It's ten to nothing. Now you're now it turns into okay, we're not gonna run the ball anymore. You know how patient will Mike McCarthy be, because that's to me, anything to keep the Commander's offense off the field. Their defense is the one that struggles that when if the Commanders don't do well in the playoffs or win the division, it'll be because of their defense. It won't be because their offense. They're capable of scoring a lot of points, but they're also capable of giving up a lot of points too by the way that they play.
Speaker 8: I think this is going to be a key game for the tight ends where they can find opportunities to really try to shine. I mean, you talk about Span four and Luke Schoomaker two. What we saw last week again, the cow was trying to utilize them, and I think this is an opportunity for them to really get in sync with the quarterback and find those chances where they can get the ball, catch it, keep your eyes on that ball, but they could. I can see this game with them having some success there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it's a great point because Jeremy Chin is a good player and Kwan Martin is a good player too. But you go down the red zone. Teams have scored five Titans have scored five touchdowns in the red zone on the secondary, and that's where you're going to miss Ferguson. I believe you know, you get down there. But yeah, maybe I'm not fully trusted in Span four to catch the ball. I think there's I think it's a little bit of a fifty to fifty proposition scoonmaker. We've seen him run vertical routes up the seam into the end zone and oh he should have caught that ball. You know, Dak is thrown in in its bounce. So I like what you're saying, AG, And it's a it's a if you had Ferguson, I'd feel even better about it.
Speaker 7: But they'll have opportunities. They just need to catch the ball.
Speaker 6: Exactly, yeah, exactly, all right, let's pick get some picks for the game.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think is going to happen Sunday?
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 7: AG, I don't know. Uh, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't like this matchup honestly, with all the struggles and all the injuries, and that's the main thing right now, it's the amount of injuries that the Cowboys are dealing with and trying to overcome. I feel it will be a competitive game, but at the end, the Commanders will find the way to win. Like I mentioned earlier, when you're going up against your previous team, I think that just brings a different energy there.
Speaker 7: And they have so many.
Speaker 8: Guys I forgot that the amount like ten, I don't even know how many there are there. But also Dan Quinn trying to prove I don't think there was any beef with Quinn when he left the Cowboys. It was in good terms. But I think they will come out there and be very competitive. I just all the injuries that the Cowboys are dealing with at the moment just makes it very very difficult.
Speaker 2: Commander's twenty six status thirteen interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I actually like this matchup for Dallas because I think one thing that I've noticed since Deron Bland has not been in there is the fact that every team seems to find whoever's opposite Trayvon Diggs and tries to take advantage of that matchup, and if that matchup isn't available to them, then I wonder how it pans out. And I think, as you talked about Brian there, with their challenges at left tackle, I think if you get your cornerbacks back and you got your left tackle, they're left tackle now being on the barad of attack, then I think that matches up for Dallas's defense. Now, can the offense score? That's the whole different ball game.
Speaker 2: I base my I base my selection every week on the Dallas offense. Yeah, I just don't think that they can score enough points. And I maybe this game, this game might turn into a twenty to thirteen game because doubt, I mean doubt, it'll come down to can Dallas get one more stop and can Cooper rush? The last two times, they just have not shown the ability to sustain drives and finish drives like they need to. We got you get down there fourth and two, you're in sprint right option, it's a no go. You've had turnovers where you've driven the ball, then you have to kick field goals. I just kind of feel like it's the same thing every every decision I've made about Dallas the last four weeks has been as based on Dallas's inability with Cooper Rush at quarterback to score enough points. That's it's not about the defense anymore. It's about really what goes on with that offense.
Speaker 6: To me, is going to come to down to how much how committed is Dallas to the run? If they run the ball twenty plus times, I think they had a game. Yeah, yeah, I think honestly, I think they run it twenty plus time. Results of what the level of success is that to me says you're committed to it. That's gonna keep Washington offense off the field and allows your defense when they are on the field to be able to make some hay And I think it's ultimately going to come down how committed are they to running the ball and being creative with running the ball.
Speaker 4: We'll see you.
Speaker 6: Give me, give me thirteen ten, Dallas.
Speaker 7: Jim me out of that game. That sounds like a boring game.
Speaker 6: And then we got a three, and then we got a three hour and forty minute ride back home on the plane.
Speaker 2: All right, and then we got to do it all again on Thursday.
Speaker 6: We do it all again on Thursday, but we do it against the team that maybe Dallas is gonna be favored.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a wrap.
Speaker 4: We will be back on Monday.
Speaker 6: We'll tell you guys what would right and wrong for the Dallas Cowboys still then for Brian brodus In Ambergarci, I'm Derek Heilton. This has been the Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com video.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.