Speaker 1: This media podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Clay Mark, Giannis, Randall, Brody, Brent, and Tresa. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking. And there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing. There no stat's I Fauser Housekeeping this week because we've got some of my favorite people in the studio.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never get to talk to him besides Randall, Clay, Mark, Brent, Welcome to the show. What are you boys doing in Bozeman this week?
Speaker 3: Man, We've been doing lots of stuff Meat Eater, Roast, Meat Eater Experiments, Radio Live, Radio Live.
Speaker 1: It has been a whirlwind.
Speaker 4: Do you guys frolic in the snow together?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: I told Clay it started snowing the other night, and I'm like, bro we ain't got any milk, we ain't got any bread.
Speaker 1: We'll be dead before did.
Speaker 2: You look at the weather before you came you had do you have enough clothes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: If you happen to be at Rose Hours, our local grocery store that evening it starts snowing. Brent and Clay were in there just filling up grocery carts full of food.
Speaker 2: Frantic.
Speaker 3: All you have to have is bread and milk, just those two things.
Speaker 6: Was getting this stuff and what he calls light bread?
Speaker 2: What is light bread?
Speaker 7: Light bread?
Speaker 1: Light bread? It?
Speaker 7: What is light white bread?
Speaker 1: White bread? Bread?
Speaker 7: You hadn't got the memo yet?
Speaker 2: Are you guys mad at each other? You're sitting offul far apart?
Speaker 1: Things?
Speaker 8: Things were tens yesterday between those two it was it.
Speaker 2: Was, oh yeah, because we did a meatia to ROASTU Yanni said that we can reveal the ingredient. I think this was kind of mean to you Arkansas Oklahoma boys. What was the ingredient?
Speaker 1: Oklahoma?
Speaker 7: I feel yes, he's going back to.
Speaker 2: Brent claimed some Oklahoma dudes. Okay thought I thought.
Speaker 7: Not, this is one of my favorite statestuff Tarkansas.
Speaker 1: I love Olahoma, but I ain't.
Speaker 2: We'll scrubbed that part. What what?
Speaker 7: When not revealed the meat?
Speaker 6: It was halibate, which which and I like what they This man, right, here's.
Speaker 7: A commercial fisherman.
Speaker 6: Uhh, I mean like a license commercial fisherman, so he knows how to handle fish.
Speaker 7: I I love halibut.
Speaker 6: It's actually my favorite fish. So I didn't feel totally caught off guard. I mean, I'm not saying I'm good at it. Brince, Well, Brent's good at frying fish.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what the deal was.
Speaker 3: The only what was crazy is the only time I ever have eaten halib It was it his house?
Speaker 2: Oh one who cooked it?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Clay.
Speaker 8: Did he do better that time?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah it was great? Okay, yeah, it was good.
Speaker 2: And I heard there was a rule, a rule I disagree with. What was that rule? Giving away the whole show? Now, well, listen, that's fine. I want to watch after I've heard all this information. So what was the one rule? We couldn't deep couldn't deep fry? Is that what you two would have done? No?
Speaker 7: Yes, Brent, Yes, I need a pan fry and butter.
Speaker 1: Just that thing would have come out there looked like and it come from.
Speaker 5: What was very interesting and quite serendipitous that invited Randy Newburgh to be one of our judges and as we started the show, within the first minute he proclaimed himself a halibit snob.
Speaker 2: Oh no pressure, wow yeah. And so the other judge was Marcus. Marcus say something nice about each of their dishes without like saying who the winner was.
Speaker 8: Man, I gotta think hard on that one. That I would say that Brent had a very uh, surprisingly tasty side dish okay, which it was a nice twist on sweet potato something all right, and it's gonna be hard to talk about hard, but he had a great h Jalipino infused corn bread dish of sorts that.
Speaker 7: We called a hush puppy brother trying to.
Speaker 8: Keep this u sterious, still giving way too much.
Speaker 7: I got I got Phil cut.
Speaker 2: That was that episode coming out like a month. No idea, okay, no idea. Whenever watch the your YouTube channel. You boys are busy this week. You know at ESPN. If you're like, uh, you're and Nicole Jokic won the m v P and NBA Championship and you went to Bristol, Connecticut, you'd be on their seven am show, the their nine am show, then their new o'clock show, than their eight pm show. That's called going through the car wash. We've put you through. We've put you three through the car wash this week and Meat Eater it's been great, coming out cleaner than ever.
Speaker 1: And we're judging a roast as soon as this is over.
Speaker 2: Okay, And Yanni showed up with blood on his hands from gathering, and we.
Speaker 9: Have fresh meat secret ingredient.
Speaker 2: Tell us what it is. No one in here's competing cottontail rabbit, cottontail rabbit, but.
Speaker 5: We're also gonna the main. See, we had a plan B because I've been trying to have this thing with fresh rabbits, and I'll probably revisit this when somehow I figure out how to get fresh rabbits consistently. Today I ended up with one.
Speaker 2: It's extremely fresh.
Speaker 5: But our plan B was that Clay brought squirrels from Arkansas flew with.
Speaker 2: Them on it. Okay, yeah, what are they cooking with squirrel or rabbit?
Speaker 5: So you're fine. I just didn't understand why you had to say, like reiterate that. Were you Clay explanning.
Speaker 1: Lexica?
Speaker 8: So glad you mentioned that on a podcast that will book a thing now.
Speaker 5: So now plan A has become Clay squirrels that will be the main protein. And then I'm gonna use this single rabbit in some sort of a bonus bonus feature.
Speaker 2: It'll be a fun one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we h we put you boys through the.
Speaker 1: Cart hour to get that done yesterday.
Speaker 5: We're gonna give them a little more time today since the squirrels can take take a bit.
Speaker 7: You know, I brought those squirrels.
Speaker 2: I've already said, I've already sent an email yesterday to the meat Eater suits and I said, we need to get these three boys and the rest of our out of towners in the in the office more because we can do a lot of fun content with them. So we're gonna get you boys back this summer. Maybe maybe you didn't want that invite.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely here and Tresa is taking me fishing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, she just got told about it. Oh there you go. That's appreciate the invite to to Brent Treessa. And next time here, I'm gonna do the same thing. Mark. You're gonna host met Eater trivia in all host a Wired to Hunt. How about we do a home and home I.
Speaker 8: Like that, we do that. I love that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, don't want to write a book.
Speaker 2: No, you stay over there all right, let's get on with the game of trivia. The Shelby index for today is a three, so our winner should get six correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil.
Speaker 1: Look, I need to know what I stay under? Win everything? How's saying?
Speaker 10: Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 8: You got that down, bro?
Speaker 2: Game on Suckers. Question one. The topic is hunting. This first great question is via Hunter Hobsden and as always, the first question will be multiple choice. A twenty thirteen nr article declares this type of wood the best and king of gunstocks. A twenty thirteen and ra A article declares this type of wood is the best end king of gunstocks. Those are words that you're going to give the multiple choice directly used. Yeah, your options are birch, walnut, maple, and ash.
Speaker 5: I've already written down an answer. Do you mind if I slip out and just grab my coffee cup?
Speaker 10: Are you going to somebody your phone here?
Speaker 5: Out there? I left it out there pro I might have to go take a Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twenty thirteen n ra A article declares this type of wood is the best end king of gunstocks. Birch, walnut, maple or ash. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Mark saying walnut, Jannis walnut, tressa walnut. Everybody says walnut, except Brody says maple. The correct answer is walnut. Wow. Start for Brody Henderson. Walnut is the favorite of gun makers because of its durability, color, and grain pattern. One custom stock maker says it's so popular because, despite it being a hardwood, it's easy to saw through and work with. In James House nineteen forty one, The Modern Gunsmith Book, he states, quote, the forests of the whole earth have paraded their finest growths, only to have it firmly demonstrated that walnut is the king of them all.
Speaker 7: Question Wow, two walnuts, Montana.
Speaker 2: I like plastic myself. Does anybody have a walnut statach Man?
Speaker 7: No, I've got a lot of walnut trees on my property.
Speaker 1: So you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you top one of them?
Speaker 5: Money makers?
Speaker 7: Well, I think they need a little bit more, but they're black.
Speaker 2: Is the moneymaker?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: That's the one people Missouri.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's big walnut.
Speaker 8: Yeah hmm.
Speaker 2: Question question two, the topic is conservation. Name one of the two states that's home to dinosaur National monument. Name one of the two states that's home to dinosaur national monument. That no national monument goes into two states. You need to name one of them. Mm hmm. Brent, you know where dinosaur National Monument is.
Speaker 5: Doesn't look like Clay does.
Speaker 2: Based on what Brody.
Speaker 9: The just writing flat on the table is an innovation.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna use this. I'm gonna take this, erase it.
Speaker 2: You want to, Clay take this opportunity to mind Brody that you have a one point lead on him right now.
Speaker 7: That's true. Probably gonna go away.
Speaker 2: Name one of the two states or national monuments.
Speaker 11: Or Brody is sabotaging those of us who also got the first question correct.
Speaker 10: He doesn't want to fall behind.
Speaker 7: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal answers. Mark saying Colorado, Yannis, Colorado, Tressen Nevada.
Speaker 10: Claire, are gonna say thank you?
Speaker 2: Randall says Colorado. Clay, Utah, Brent, Utah, Brody Colorado.
Speaker 7: Once you have down originally Buddy, Nevada.
Speaker 2: The two states are Utah, Utah. About eighty percent of dinosaur National monuments two hundred thousand acres are in Colorado. The Federal Land is famous for its ancient history, from dino bones that are one hundred and fifty million years old to petrol glyphs that are a thousand years old. It's also where the Yampa River meets the Great River. Question three. The topic is woodsmanship. You had a one in twenty five chance. Again that right, there's two states Tommy woodsmanship. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Austin Radcliffe for sending this great question. Austin is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the week, then send your question to Trivia at the meat eater dot com. Merriam Webster defines this six letter word as quote a disease or injury of plants marked by the formation of lesions, withering and death of parts. This is question three. The topic is woodsmanship. Brody and Mark and randall already have an answer. Merriam Webster defines this six letter word as a disease or injury of plants marked by the formation of lesions, withering and death of parts. Our other four players have not picked up their whiteboard yet. Mark, you have the one right, I think, so, okay, you boys have this one right as well.
Speaker 4: The answer is not Nevada.
Speaker 7: Brodie's got it too, Do you have it?
Speaker 1: Randall?
Speaker 2: A disease or injury of plants marked by the formation of lesions, withering and death of parts. Oh, how do you feel about that answer? Clay low odds okay. A disease or injury of plants marked by the formation of lesions, withering and death of parts.
Speaker 4: I think from the time the first person writes their answer down, the clock sho start ticking.
Speaker 2: That's, in other words, you're gonna move on.
Speaker 12: As if the clock actually has any sort of power.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've never really set a time.
Speaker 12: No, no, clearly, just for effect, just for color.
Speaker 9: Can people probably wouldn't be happy about a strict timer.
Speaker 2: That's right. Clay declared that he knows it, but he doesn't know it.
Speaker 1: I can fly a plane, yeah, I can't fly one.
Speaker 2: Six letter word. A disease or injury of plants marked by the formation of legions, withering and death of parts. Yanni were waiting on you. I'm not going to go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Mark saying blight and Tresa without an answer, Randall says blite, clay abscess, Brent Wither Brodie blight, they got it. The correct answer is blight. Most blightes are caused by bacterial or fungal infestations and spread by insects, wind, and water. They will commonly hit gardens, infecting tomatoes, potatoes, and apples. A parasitic fungal blight from Asia is also what nearly drove the American chestnut to extinction. Question four, I've got some with some blight? How do you How do you know? You just visually they're.
Speaker 5: Too good out for a couple of three weeks and then they have.
Speaker 2: Some anything you can do about it, lesions and witherings. You've got that, anything you can do about it. They're like, it's comes from stress. Yeah, you gotta be nice.
Speaker 1: They're just in a weird place.
Speaker 2: Question for the topic is fishing. This brand, whose name combines a type of cat and man's name, claims to make quote the world's best spinning lures. This brand, whose name combines a type of cat and man's name, claims to make the world's best You got there.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, buddy, I don't always know if Brody has He's like that.
Speaker 12: I think we should get a decibel meter. Put it in the middle of the table. Whoever can slam their board loudest win.
Speaker 2: Steve would win. Steve would be the trivia goat. Brody the only confident player on question.
Speaker 5: Four, best spinning lureers.
Speaker 2: This brand, whose name combines a type of cant and a man's name, claims to make the world's best spinning lures. Brody, can you say anything about this brand? I'm not saying a word.
Speaker 13: Okay, saying my word. That little cheater, the other six player, Max really is not a cheater.
Speaker 1: He just talks. He talks out loud. Though.
Speaker 7: Hey, I don't think I got it right.
Speaker 2: But I may come up with a great and you have a type of cat in a man's name. Yeah, okay, we'll be entertained at the very least.
Speaker 7: I mean it.
Speaker 6: It actually could be something for us. I'm thinking about not putting it on there.
Speaker 2: Okay, just put a little copyright thing. Yeah, we could get a copyrighted before this episode comes out in like five days.
Speaker 5: I can only think of one type of cat right now.
Speaker 2: His brand whose name combines a cat and man's.
Speaker 5: I hadn't thought of that one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm going through all of the types of spinning domestic cats that I could name all of I could name more characters from the musical Cats than I could actually house.
Speaker 2: Okay, name all the characters from Cat Magical. There's one. You got one, the Tom Tiger. Okay, Phil, I trust that you would catch him if he gets one wrong.
Speaker 8: No, I do not like cats.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, nobody likes That's kind of the thing about the play Cats is nobody likes it.
Speaker 9: No kind of Yeah, people people scorched that movie.
Speaker 10: I haven't seen the movie.
Speaker 4: I thought Phil just many didn't like Cats in general.
Speaker 12: Oh no, I can't publicly say that, or else I'll have to file for divorce. I do not like Cats the musical like.
Speaker 10: The sy Moonlight, but I don't think that's the name.
Speaker 1: Of a cat.
Speaker 10: You're thinking of memories, memories, that's right. Maybe Moonlight is a cat.
Speaker 12: Memories are all alone in the moonlight.
Speaker 10: That's a lyric, isn't there a Yeah? That's right.
Speaker 2: One more time. The question is this brand whose name combined and man's names to make the world's not the Tiger? Does everybody give up?
Speaker 9: Give me some more film, give.
Speaker 2: And reveal your answers. You've got without an anthem, he says the Siamese spencer. Giannis says blue fox, tresta tom Tom. I like that. That's a navigation. Randall says, Panther Martin. Did you know that one? Or did you just come up with it the last second?
Speaker 1: I knew that one.
Speaker 2: Get there, Clay says, trademarked tiger dance, Bill Dance, Bill dance.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Go okay, tiger, you.
Speaker 7: Mean to explain that to you?
Speaker 2: Uh No, there you go again, bro.
Speaker 7: Fisherman, he's a famous fisherman.
Speaker 6: And then tiger is a type of cat.
Speaker 2: We have Brent without an answer, and Brody saying Panther Martin, he got it, and Randall got it. The correct answer is Panther Martin. Panther Martin was founded in nineteen fifty eight and has sold over one hundred and twenty five million lures since then. Their famous design features a blade that's mounted directly on the lure's wire shaft. They claim it's one of the world's top lures for catching trout, salmon, bass, pike, musky, and crappie, as well as a variety of saltwater species.
Speaker 7: Question they see the Old Tiger Dance Spinner.
Speaker 2: Question five. The topic is cooking. Food and Wine Magazine defines this action as quote, butterflying a whole bird so that it opens up like a book and lace flat. Clay and Brant are getting their mojo back. They both seem like they know this one. It's question five. Food and Wine Magazine defines this action as butterflying a whole bird so that it opens up like a book. And what was his question, Brent Bret?
Speaker 10: I like this.
Speaker 11: This is a new innovation, as well as telling the competition that's the wrong number of letters when the number of letters are.
Speaker 6: Spell it right, I had an extra.
Speaker 7: Letter in there.
Speaker 2: Food and Wine Magazine defines this action as butterflying a whole bird so that it opens up like a book and lace flat.
Speaker 11: I don't want to be accused of cheating, but I've seen Clay write all of his answers.
Speaker 10: I just want to disclose that.
Speaker 7: Okay, for the viewing, I think I got it.
Speaker 2: I've answered first, you have this one right? Yes, Okay, you needed your hosts roast knows the answer, Mark kenyons uh chickens.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: You watch Clay when he goes to do that place plain thing. This is the hand silent.
Speaker 9: The other speakers.
Speaker 2: I think Clay is just being a good podcast here when he does the storytellers plaining that's right, Clay, don't let them stop you.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what I needed yesterday. Around the table, it was like an intervention.
Speaker 2: They were like, you relapsed, Clay, you get right back into it.
Speaker 7: I'm on it. That's just what I needed.
Speaker 6: When I do my hand like that, I feel like I'm pushing down the competition under the.
Speaker 10: Water drowning was thrash, and I don't let up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get a scoreboard update from filled the engineer ignorant.
Speaker 8: Mark having one of those things where it's like the letters I have, like the sounds in my mind, but like the words not coming together, like dyslexico some kind.
Speaker 2: I think we're writing on you this all right, hold on, give.
Speaker 7: Him a good tips. This is a fun word.
Speaker 9: Okay, they're all fun words, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is a fun word. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Marcus saying spitchcock. Come on, cock, Tresta says spots Randall, Clay, Brent and Brody say spatchcock. What do you guys think about Mark? Come on, one letter?
Speaker 7: Mark reads way too much. He didn't know that.
Speaker 10: How man points does he have?
Speaker 2: People would give this I think being one letter off, I think i'd give it.
Speaker 1: To spelling doesn't count.
Speaker 2: Then you noises it's like spelling.
Speaker 4: If it's like, that's not that's a different word.
Speaker 7: Well, had six letters actually spelled spatch tried? I had it splash.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know what, You're right?
Speaker 14: You know that to answer with spatch sounds Yeah, that's a good point if you can look at the answer and fanatically get to the way that it's pronounced exactly, and I think that it's should be correct.
Speaker 2: It's probably to being.
Speaker 12: But but it's not the same word. This is the argument that Janni's just explained it.
Speaker 8: Here's the way Clay, Clay and I would say the same word. But if you heard the way he says it, you would spell it differently than the way you might spell it.
Speaker 7: Given how would they say splitchcock in Michigan.
Speaker 2: I'm saying we're going to give it to Mark.
Speaker 1: I agree, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Spatchcocking is done to make a bird cook more evenly. It also allows the meat to cook faster, get crisp year, and add more flavor through seasoning or smoke. To see the process, go watch Cow's video on the medeater dot com called how to spatchcock a duck. Then check out Dan Yelle's recipe called spatchcock pheasant, or buy our cookbooks. There you go, buy a cook.
Speaker 10: And then do it for his Simplify your Life.
Speaker 2: Bell give us a scoreboard update. We're halfway through the game of trivia.
Speaker 12: Sure thing, you've got Grizzabella with four, Rumpel Teaser with three jelly Oh, sorry, those are characters in the musical Cats.
Speaker 1: In Spanish.
Speaker 12: We have Tresa with one point, Jannis, Clay and Brent are tied up with three points. Apiece, Mark and Brody have four, and in first place with five points and a perfect game. It's Doctor Randall, Lily, I.
Speaker 9: Didn't realize Mark had four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, cock, Like, come on, buddy, you handle you had and I see it now.
Speaker 4: Questions we regret that around question nine or ten.
Speaker 10: If I run it out.
Speaker 2: Question six, the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Kela Pettison. Eric Foreman intentionally misses a ten point buck during Wisconsin's deer season. In a two thousand episode of this sitcom.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Mark Kenyon the only player to answer so far, this is question six? The topic is haunting. Eric Foreman intentionally misses a ten point buck during Wisconsin's deer season in a two thousand episode of this sitcom. Tresa also has this one, right, how about you, Randall?
Speaker 10: I don't know, I know exactly what it is. I'm just blanking on the name of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, two thousand, two thousand episode of this sitcom.
Speaker 1: You worried about the time of their I don't watch sitcoms.
Speaker 2: Will fail without giving anything away. Do you love this show? Did you love this at the time?
Speaker 8: Yet?
Speaker 1: Hot? Right there?
Speaker 8: I think that would clue people in Spenser.
Speaker 12: The Hot test to my TV watching preferences when I was nine years old.
Speaker 2: That phil like this show. Eric Foreman intentionally misses a ten point buck during Wisconsin's deer season in a two thousand episode of this scu.
Speaker 12: I'll also say I owned several seasons of this on DVD in box sets.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, and you still own those?
Speaker 8: I do not know.
Speaker 2: Oh, some good will.
Speaker 12: Has I have not watched this show probably since then, to be honest, but it was it was a good time at the time.
Speaker 8: I'm still holding onto box sets of old DVDs and stuff. I feel I don't know why.
Speaker 2: You got a DVD player. Clade's going to have an intervention for you about owning too many DVD box sets.
Speaker 8: I just feel bad throwing them away.
Speaker 2: Mark Clay Newcombe, do you know any sitcoms from the year two thousand?
Speaker 7: I don't know any sitcoms from the year twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Okay, I I yeah, how about you, Brandon?
Speaker 1: I think I got it?
Speaker 2: You do, I think I got Okay, Randall, there.
Speaker 1: Hadn't been a real I can tell you.
Speaker 9: I can tell you several cast members from this character.
Speaker 8: Wait, there's a hints for it.
Speaker 3: There hadn't No, there hadn't been a real good sitcom since Andy Griffin.
Speaker 8: So based on what Randall said, this is a sitcom that has more than one character. Yeah, that's that's the tip.
Speaker 2: Brody, do you have a shot at this one?
Speaker 1: Keep going?
Speaker 4: You guys talk for like fifteen minutes about these.
Speaker 2: Earlier Brody, how many sitcoms from the year two thousand? Can you name was friends on?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Randall is going to his whiteboard. Now do you remember remember intentionally misses a ten helped buck during Wisconsin's Deer Season in a two thousand episodisode of this sitcom. Can give it, Spencer than go ahead that this hold off on it. Let's hold off on it, Yanni, you should love this show, Wisconsin's Deer Season.
Speaker 10: I know, yeah, I think we should go and move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here, go ahead, Ghani's and write something down. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Mark saying that seventy show, Yanni says, parks and rec Tresa and Randall say that seventy show. Close his friends, Brent, is that seventy show? Brody without an answer, watch that show? The correct answer is that seventies show.
Speaker 11: All I could think of was Wilmer Valderama and Dazed and Confused Close.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The episode is full of campy moments that would make Brody Henderson roll his eyes. Some examples the guns have absolutely no recoil. The family spits out BB's when eating a deer that was killed with a bolt action rifle. One bucks rack is from a mule deer despite them being in Wisconsin, and another deer that runs through camp is a rein deer.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: That's seventy show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the show where they used to smoke pot in the basement, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they'd have a camera angle, like if you put the camera in the center of this table and it'd look right at Brody and then Clay says something. It turned to Clay, there'd be a lot of smoke in the air. That seventy show. Question seven, the topic is cooking. This nine letter native fruit, which is used to make jelly and wine, is known as the grape of the South.
Speaker 5: That's a bone, I would say.
Speaker 2: This nine letter native fruit, which is used to make jelly and wine, is known as the grape of the South.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think having the Dinosaur National Monument question, maybe that's a bone for you Westerners or the Panther Martin question Southerners. Those two didn't even know Panther Martin exists. I'm pretty sure Panther. They're not Anglish from New York? Is that where they are? What?
Speaker 4: What's the company that makes them in? Oh, it's Maps, that's froll Tale program they're over, I think, but I think they're like Maps aglia Is in Europe.
Speaker 2: Somewhere, Phil, what was your antidote about that seventy show?
Speaker 12: It wasn't an anecdote. It was just a I was going to say, like a former guest of the Meat Eater podcast, as guest start on this show Teddy Nuggets an episode. I thought that might be too obvious. I think I would give it away.
Speaker 1: That would not have helped me.
Speaker 2: Johanny Wisconsin Fell. You should like that show.
Speaker 5: That show was supposedly in Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: That's why Marcus likes it so much. It's got a lot of great lakes pride. I imagine, right, Mark, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know just.
Speaker 8: That that era of my life.
Speaker 2: This nine letter native fruit, which is used to make jelly and wine is known as the grape of the South. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your an series? We have, Mark saying Muscatine. Janna says, Muscadine tressa concord random.
Speaker 5: If you have an answer without nine letters, I don't think it should be.
Speaker 2: Play, say Muscadine. Brent says, please not say Muscadine.
Speaker 8: Read his answer.
Speaker 2: Please Muscadine, I left out a Brody and Brent to say, per Simmon, the correct answer is muscadine. I think we'll give it to Clay. We'll give it to Mark. Thanks to give it to he knows what a muscadine.
Speaker 7: Is, said nine letter.
Speaker 6: They didn't even count I was so confident I didn't even county.
Speaker 7: I answer down folk.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's people that Muscadine have a rich color and thick skin with a sweet flavor that has a hint of tartness. Their native range stretches from Maryland to Texas. Cherokee people use them to make raising and sweet drinks and medicine, and today it's estimated there are about one hundred and fifty vineyards in the South that use them to make wine.
Speaker 1: You find them in the woods, you will find the coons.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's good to know you got any muskadine on your property, Clay Nukem.
Speaker 7: No, I don't have.
Speaker 6: I've got some museelects musky don I love muskudine grapes. We just eat them wild because they're they're going to be ripe in October. And many times I've been riding my meal and just got a belly full of muska done just going through the woods eating them, and.
Speaker 7: You spit out the sea.
Speaker 6: There's a I actually did a little tutorial one time on the correct way to eat a muska done.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, how many of your neighbors make muskadine wine?
Speaker 7: I don't know any of that, dude.
Speaker 6: Now I know plenty that make musky done jelly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that would be a thing.
Speaker 5: Drinks on an episode with Kevin Murphy, I believe we had muskadine wine at the meal scene.
Speaker 2: I remember if he brewed it or if one of his buddies brewed it.
Speaker 1: But it was great.
Speaker 5: It was reused great wine wine bottles, and the label was a chunk of duct tape and then someone just took a ballpoint pen and wrote down.
Speaker 8: You know, Kevin Murphy came up with some crazy name for this.
Speaker 2: Apparently, muscadine goes well with mules hearing from you, and Clay.
Speaker 11: Goes with wild fish in your neck of the woods. What the other native fruit that we talked about.
Speaker 2: The custard banana that's also native to Michigan. Question eight. The topic is fishing. The Tennessee River, Kentucky River, and Cumberland River are direct tributaries to what other river? The Tennessee River, Kentucky River and Cumberland River are direct tributaries to what other river? M Randall, Brody, and Mark already have. Their answer is question eight. We'll get another scoreboard update from Phil after this. Tennessee River, Kentucky River, and Cumberland River are direct tributaries to what other is Brodie? I got an answer at this point.
Speaker 7: I can't win, So I don't you know you think about just leaving?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean you know, I.
Speaker 10: Think about it all the time.
Speaker 7: I don't want to be here or anything.
Speaker 2: You Uh, Clay, do you have this one?
Speaker 1: Right? I think so?
Speaker 2: Okay, how about you, Brent.
Speaker 1: I'm one leather, one letter either way here.
Speaker 2: Okay. I think we're just waiting on y.
Speaker 7: If you if spelling is an issue on this one, you may be on the wrong river.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, and your answer we have Mark saying Ohio, Jannis, Ohio Tressa. Red, Randall says Ohio. Clay Ohio, Brent, Mississippi, Brody Ohio. The correct answer is the Ohio River, oh Solid River. The Ohio River starts in Pittsburgh and travels across six states before dumping into the Mississippi near Cairo, Illinois. Measured by volume it's the largest tributary to the Mississippi River, providing drinking water for five million people. Phil, let's get a scoreboard update before question nine.
Speaker 1: M let's do it. Let me do some O.
Speaker 12: Yeah, looks like Giannis Clay, Brent Tressa, and Brody Henderson are all out of the running for the win. It is down to Mark Kenyon, who has seven points in Randall Williams who.
Speaker 1: Let's go Mark.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna start playing with Mark.
Speaker 2: Question nine. The topic is conservation. This four word term is defined as quote a theory that explains how individuals acting in their own self interest can deplete a shared resource. Randal and Mark already writing down their answer this probably won't change anything on the scoreboard based on their confidence. This foreword term is defined as a theory that explains how individuals acting in their own self interest can deplete a shared resource. The topic is conservation. Bro do you have this one right? Sir? That surprise you? Clay, not really? Randal, do you know this one?
Speaker 1: I do? I do?
Speaker 2: Four word term?
Speaker 8: Randal to slip up?
Speaker 9: Come on, it's a tough question to ask.
Speaker 10: An environmental historian.
Speaker 2: Spencer, who's the environmental historian oh, Okay pointed at himself for word. Term is defined as a theory that explains how individuals acting in their own self interest can deplete a shared resource to where other players give up.
Speaker 6: I mean I could write something cute.
Speaker 2: Is not in the mood, though, Mark, you got an answer, Yes, sir, he says he's got a write, but old doctor environmental history.
Speaker 11: I was first introduced to this term in the book A Plague of Sheep by the historian Eleanor Melville.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's I think that's quite a hint.
Speaker 10: That was in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Mark saying tragedy of the Commons without an answer, Randall says tragedy of the commons. Clay and Brent without an answer. Brody says, big dumb game hog. The correct answer is tragedy of the commons. The tragedy of the commons theory was introduced by an ecologist in nineteen sixty eight. It explains that if self interested individuals have unlimited access to a public resources, then they'll become over exploited and everyone loses. This social dilama can apply to hunting, fishing, foraging, forestry, water pollution, mining, and grazing. So let's get one last scoreboard update before question ten.
Speaker 12: Mark now has eight points in Randall still the perfect game and coming up to question ten has nine points.
Speaker 1: Randall, you something.
Speaker 2: What you learned today?
Speaker 11: The coffee and the absence of good food in my stomach?
Speaker 8: And has Randall had a perfect game before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say.
Speaker 6: Randall, do you think your your hair helps you like hold in intelligence? There there's some historical reference to people with long hair.
Speaker 7: Well, I did strength.
Speaker 10: I had a I had a sick mullet in high school.
Speaker 9: M that's when he was at strung and I cut it off.
Speaker 10: And then the very next football game I broke my leg.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, never again. Question ten, the topic is woodsmanship.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Question is via Scott Waller. The USDA declares the water blank is the most violently toxic plant that grows in North America.
Speaker 6: MM.
Speaker 2: The USDA declares the water blank is the most violently toxic plant that grows in North America. Brody, once you heard Tragedy of the Commons, did you recognize that phrase? How about you? Clay Newcomb?
Speaker 7: I did recognize it.
Speaker 5: Never heard.
Speaker 2: The Randall was talking about a sheep. What a sheep grazing? That's like the classic example.
Speaker 9: Buffalo is also the classic example.
Speaker 11: I'm reading an article right now that's titled are all commons tragedy?
Speaker 10: Hmm again something.
Speaker 2: The topic is woodsman sho.
Speaker 10: You can only think of one plant that begins that the US.
Speaker 2: That's the thing I had that water blank is the most violently toxic plant that grows in North America. We need Randall to get this wrong and Mark to get this right to go to overtime. Randall, do you think you have this one right?
Speaker 11: Like I said, I I've got one plant that begins with I can.
Speaker 10: Think of a snake.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's toxic that begins with water.
Speaker 2: I was hoping that was gonna be the question. Brody, do you have this one right? It has everybody read an answer. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Mark saying crest, Joanna says, Lily, Tressa says Lily, Randall says water, Lily Clay Lily, Brent Lily, Brody Lily, Oh geez, the correct answer is hemlock. Nobody got that one right. That means Randal.
Speaker 8: Is our winner.
Speaker 2: With your just a small amount of water hemlock will cause violent seizures and death. It's found across much of the country, growing in wet meadows and along banks of streams. The plant has small white flowers that form umbrella like clusters. Those who get poisoned by water hemlock are often foragers who think they're eating wild carrots water hemlock. Has anybody heard of that?
Speaker 10: Heerd hemlock?
Speaker 3: Hemlock grows on the side of the highway in Morgansas. And there's another one, Queen Anne's lace. It looks very similar. You can make jelly out of You can make jelly out of one and a funeral out of the other.
Speaker 2: Randall is our winner today with nine correct answers, comes up short of the perfect game. On question ten, what are younn do with your five hundred dollars today?
Speaker 11: Randall, I'd like to donate my five dollars to the Gunnison Wildlife Association.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, what we know about them?
Speaker 11: I received a message from John Kessler. He is a trivia connoisseur, history lover, and firearm enthusiasts, and he's a devour of case meat. He also claims a real, real random and they are one of the part of the tribe and they are fundraising to fund a paid position, to expand their grassroots to work for wildlife and one more time the Gunnison Wildlife Association.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars going their way. Randall was so confident that he was getting out of his phone to look up that message while we were on question.
Speaker 9: Well, I just needed the details the deats.
Speaker 6: I think there's Randall's so good at this that there's the possibility of some corruption. Not on Randall's part, my part, No, no, no, on the people's part. Like if I were out there and we're a conservation org, I would be like trying to buddy up with Randall and try to fund my organization.
Speaker 10: Yep, I got I'd.
Speaker 7: Probably be sending him stuff in the mail. I'd be inviting him on.
Speaker 10: That's literally what this.
Speaker 7: Would be telling you. I mean, it's an Instagram message, Clay that it's like that long.
Speaker 9: I got another one lined up here for okay, next time.
Speaker 7: I mean it used to would have been Brodie, but.
Speaker 2: And it's never been you. Thanks for joining us. We're gonna do more trivia the next time you. Thanks next week for more meat. Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 15: Yeah. Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur lockw