Speaker 1: I wish people could hear us pickering prior to the show start. Yes, well it's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that recording?
Speaker 2: That is recording this? This is recording to you. Press the button just like a good good Scott would.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and hit it.
Speaker 2: Okay, one Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, hello Andrew, Oh hi Scott. Are you doing today?
Speaker 2: I'm wonderful. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm okay. It's an almost live version again. Yeah, of ball Chat. We're doing them on Tuesdays now. No no, no, no, no, no, no no, don't say these things. It's very confusing to people because today's Wednesday. We still release them on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yes, what I'm saying is we've been doing them most like we were recording on Tuesdays now for the most part.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, anyway, so let's just let everybody know this is this is bull Chat. It's the sister podcast to the original podcast, Serial Killers. That's where we talk about cereal, we eat it and we rate it. And then Andrew had this bright idea that people want to hear us more. So We're gonna do this other podcast that has nothing to do with cereal, but on the same platform as Serial Killers on another day.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, And because we started talking about things that weren't cereal, and Scott was having a conniption yes and saying this, you can't talk about things that aren't cereal on a serial podcast, right, So I said, you know, if you go back to our early episodes, we to talk about forty six Yeah, episode twenty three, we would talk about anything. And then slowly but surely Scott got a little lazy, started taking out segments. What we didn't talk as much?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: And so then bull chat was like a perfect little.
Speaker 1: Uh, none of that happened.
Speaker 2: You stopped doing Cereal Graveyard, you stopped playing old commercials. Now you don't even edit the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, because you brought this thing in and I can't. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: You can. Actually, it's very I actually put them in the drop box same day, so on your way home you could just listen.
Speaker 1: No, I don't mean that, I mean I mean other audio.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: The thing is, I like to surprise you with stuff, so if it has to go into the roadcaster, I have to send it to you and you hear it first, you're like, what's that for?
Speaker 2: I actually don't you hear it? And you sent me to task Cereal. I literally just threw it in there. I didn't know what it was, but you titled it. Well, you had the MP three titled right, I don't I like to surprise you with stuff? Okay, I find next week I will surprise you, okay with something great?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Love that for us?
Speaker 1: So what's up this week?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 1: Let me think it's a short week for most people? Yeah, except me, because I worked. You know, wow, poor old Scott? What poor old Scott? I mean? I did get to work from home? So that's nice. Yeah, when the big main show is off, I could run it from my house. Well you used to not remember that, it's always come here. Oh yeah, because there was no such thing as working from home at the time. Now that there is, you know what, everyone else takes advantage of it. I should too, You should, and you know what, I'll do it for perpetuity. I don't actually know what that word means. I think it means forever. Huh see, it's also eternity. If you could work from home, you would on Saturdays. Okay, it's a nice little bonus. Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: You used to have to come here on Saturdays, and now you don't.
Speaker 1: I did, and I don't what right? Correct? Yeah, it'd be nice if I could do the whole thing all week from my house like everyone else does. Why don't you because it's not possible. I don't have that. I need to have that whole thing in my house. Plus, you know what, it is kind of frightening. All you need is like for the kids to be using one too many Wi Fi things and the whole show shuts down. That's concerning to me.
Speaker 2: There's no backup?
Speaker 1: Well, what's backup? Ethernet? I only have one plug so I can and when I run the show, I have to use three computers.
Speaker 2: I want to get Jeff in here. I feel like if I asked Jeff, Jeff would be like, yeah, Scott said no because he doesn't know about this, this or this, and then be done in two seconds.
Speaker 1: What being able to run the actual show from my house? I could see it, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: But I would also be frightened because I'm too far removed from stuff, and if something goes wrong then there's a problem.
Speaker 2: That's all What's interesting.
Speaker 1: You know what? They designated me as essential from day one, so that's why I've been here the whole time.
Speaker 2: They designated, Oh that's a nice hat?
Speaker 1: Is a nice hat?
Speaker 2: Should we talk about the hats later?
Speaker 1: Because I don't want to put it on yet, because I have to leave it off for the whole show. Why because my hairjel is like running out.
Speaker 2: Listen, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Curly hair, curly hair, don't care it it.
Speaker 2: The problem is when it's this length, it's like two weeks off of a haircut. When it starts growing in the way it grows in, is it just kind of grows out and then it curls.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like Sawyer. He looks really good for like two weeks after a groom, and then he starts getting scruffy.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for comparing me to your dog. That's like the nicest thing you've ever done. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: But it's true. That was not a knock at your hair.
Speaker 2: No, it's always wonderful to hear that your hair looks like a dog.
Speaker 1: Did you do anything fun this weekend? What did I do this past weekend? I went?
Speaker 2: Where did I go?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We did some movie watching. I know I'm supposed to say it for Friday night cinema podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm trying, but I think, what did I do this weekend? I went to a restaurant on Friday, and then I stayed in on Saturday and Sunday two. Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: Oh, we watched the Legend of Billy Jean from nineteen eighty five. Now that I've watched it, I think I might have seen it a long time ago, but it didn't really ring a bell to me. It was just one of those eighties movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been trying to go back and watch like I'm challenging myself to actually when I get home to watch something after seven o'clock because I need to watch Nora o'donald at six thirty. I am an evening news person. I don't know if I've mentioned this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did US two.
Speaker 2: Five o'clock or ABC? I love CBS. Sorry CBS at five o'clock. I watched that whole hour. Six you get a little recap of all the bigger headlines, and then six thirty to seven, my girl, Nora O'Donnell.
Speaker 1: Love her. It's my favorite news program. Sorry David Mr.
Speaker 2: For US, Oh No, I love I love Nora. Then I watch her and I get all the headlines, and then if a headline intrigues me on inside edition, I'll wait for it, but otherwise I click off.
Speaker 1: I do think it's a bit too much local news because like Channel seven here in New York, they start their local news at four o'clock. Yeah, they have two and a half hours of local news. But to be honest, it's all the same over and over, to.
Speaker 2: Be honest with you, In the past couple of years, you know, there has been like a lot of news, Yes, like almost too much.
Speaker 1: News, more than there has been in the past.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, it just everybody, I feel like was just there's just a lot of talking, and the places I would go for my news it kind of started skewing more opinion and I'd be like, huh. And so then I started watching the CBS two one, and I'm like, Okay, you know what I do want to hear about, you know, the local bakery getting you know, a grant from the mayor for a thousand dollars. You know that that's a heartwarming story. Okay, that's that's nice.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then Norah at six point thirty gives me all the national news and it's just simple and to the point, and it's boring. News should be boring. Now was the last story on the CBS evening news? Always like a heart wrenching to your jerker. No, no, because on ABC World News tonight it usually is. It's always like a it's a heartfelt, like nice thing. And we'll sit at the kitchen table and my kids go, why are you crying? Almost every night, Dad's crying, you know, and then Amy and I have to explain, well, you know, because it's very it's a nice story. It's a very heart warring story.
Speaker 3: She does.
Speaker 2: There's on occasion there is a heartwarming story, I will say, but yeah, otherwise, love it. I get all my news, make sure I watch it every night. People make fun of me for watching the news, but listen, I.
Speaker 1: Will never make fun of you for watching the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're getting your news from Twitter or Facebook, turn it off. Just watch the news. It's gonna be boring, and you're to be like, huh, maybe things aren't terrible, maybe the world isn't a giant dumpster fire.
Speaker 1: Support your local news channel, Yes.
Speaker 2: CBS two, but that's only CBS in New York.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so we also watched The Proposal.
Speaker 2: Do you think Nora O'Donnell will come on the show?
Speaker 1: No, I don't, damn it. Did you see the Proposal with Sandra Bullock?
Speaker 2: Oh? On Betty White. That's where Betty White's re popularity came back in.
Speaker 1: Not if you ask her. She's always been in it. She never got out of her Remember the interview that we played like two weeks ago, which I She's always been doing stuff, just maybe not in front of the camera the whole time. But I mean, I can't believe that we never saw that movie before.
Speaker 2: I see Runny.
Speaker 1: And I remember the clip now of her in the dress shop saying where are your boobs? That that part? Yeah, And when we saw that, I was like, oh my god, maybe I did see this movie, but I didn't. I just they played that part a lot years ago and it was a really good movie. It was cute.
Speaker 2: That also led to Sandra Bullock's resurgence too.
Speaker 1: Where were these people beforehand?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: In her research? I feel like like Hollege two thousand and nine or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then Sandra Bullock won her oscar like the next year for The blind Side, which, in hindsight not a great choice. However, did you see The Blindside?
Speaker 1: No? I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I would say that it's a good movie. But I think in the twelve years since you go back and rewatch it and you're like, huh.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a nice movie.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of movies are like that from back in the day. No, because there are good ones like I Got to Stand the Test of Time.
Speaker 2: Yes, like Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna watch it, Andrew, you need to watch it, Fine, you need to. There was another movie we watched too over the weekend. I can oh.
Speaker 2: I watched the most depressing documentary of all time. Do not watch it, dogs, No what it's called The First Wave. I'm just telling you from now, stay far far away if you can't do it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It was all about like the first wave of COVID in New York and it's a documentary about the doctors who were in the hospitals. And after a while I was like, this is a lot. And they're calling the patient's families and telling them what's going on, and I was like, this is a lot for me and I can't do this.
Speaker 1: I watched tread I was telling Jeff about it before. I was about this disgruntled guy from this town in Colorado who fortified a bulldozer with like bulletproof steel and literally ran over the whole town. He knocked all the buildings.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I remember seeing a story about this.
Speaker 1: It was it was a huge news story in two thousand and four, and they just made a documentary about it. Maybe it was last year and it was called.
Speaker 2: Tread I would I'm actually fascinated by that and would like to watch.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. It's about the town board who he feels like screwed him. They had to hook up to the sewer line and this whole thing, and then they leased the property next door to a concrete company and he didn't like the dust and it was a whole thing.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very interesting to watch it. It was on Netflix. It's called Tread Done.
Speaker 2: I'm in. You should I'm investing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I watched Station eleven. I would say that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw something about that. You wrote something and then I read about it, and I would like to see that. I went in blind, didn't even watch a trailer. The first episode, so freaking good.
Speaker 3: It like.
Speaker 1: It's ten episodes. I just want one and done episodes. I mean, I binged it all this weekend.
Speaker 2: I didn't think I was gonna like it the first episode because it does take place in like a post pandemic thing. The first episode in my head as I'm watching, and I'm like, I'm starting to get some anxiety. I didn't know I had over the like pandemic because now obviously having lived through one, it's when you see people and then being like, oh god, it's highly contagious. I'm like, do you have a mask? Where is your mask? Are you double masking? But they're in hospitals and they're like, yeah, it's a deadly flu and no one's wearing one, Like hello, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's strange to watch some things. Yeah, And The Cleaning Lady was a repeat that kind of annoyed me. Aren't they like two weeks in they're already on a break. I think we've seen three of them, huh, And they ran a repeat and I was annoyed.
Speaker 2: Abbot Elementary on ABC is pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Pivoting is funny also, and your girl from Happy Endings is in it. Jane.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw the coming contractions to that.
Speaker 1: Amy and I watched the first two that were out, and it's cute.
Speaker 2: It's cute.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not it's not Happy Endings, but it's good. And the dude, what's his name? Happy Endings guy? Alter Alex? What was his name? The guy she ran away from him at the Altar? I can't think of his name, Steak guy, take me home, Take me home? What's his name? Not Brad, No, not Gean? Really your favorite show of all time? I know, but their names always I know Penny for sure. Anyway, he was in some other show also. Amy's like, oh my god, that's him and I said, wow that I guess it is him. And cause they're all who does she leave at the Altar? They're all in these things now ten years later, so they look different.
Speaker 2: Did you Okay?
Speaker 1: What's Max doing?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Huh? I've seen him in a couple. He's in the Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Is he really? We saw Sing Too yesterday and we saw the preview. I just never interested in those movies.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't understand the point. It's just singing animals.
Speaker 1: It was heartwarming.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I took Cooper. We went and it was a good movie. I don't know whether I like the first one or the second one better. They're both similar but different stories.
Speaker 2: He is Dave Dave das Yes, Yeah, I have zero interest in saying I canna tell you.
Speaker 1: I was kind of annoyed because Kellogg's Where's the Kelloggs was giving away tickets for saying if you bought five boxes, you would get I don't where are they anyway you would get a thing. So I was one box away and Cooper's like, can we please go? And I was like, fine, So now I have I have like four receipts I entered and they're useless.
Speaker 2: Now, well, if you want, I'll go see it with you and I'll maybe change my mind. I don't think you will. Okay, fine, I want to go see Scream. That's what I want to see more than anything right now.
Speaker 1: Isn't it like the seventeenth one?
Speaker 2: It's the fifth one?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I haven't seen any of them.
Speaker 2: Oh, Scream one is amazing.
Speaker 1: It's not Scream one. Sorry, you mean the first to Scream? Yes, I apologize. That's something that makes me nuts.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's check it off the list.
Speaker 1: I just add that to it. Yeah, because that's not.
Speaker 2: What it's called. So scream and now the rebooted Scream is scream. It's called scream.
Speaker 1: It's just another scream. No, it's not called another scream.
Speaker 2: It's excuse me, it's not called another scream that that annoys me more than anything.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's fine. So it's just there. There is there is an additional scream. So if you went to look up scream, there'd be Scream and scream. Yes, there's no tagline.
Speaker 2: No scream again, no, nothing, No, because they had Scream, Scream two, Scream three, Scream four, and this one is like the reboot.
Speaker 1: So is it called Scream rebooted?
Speaker 2: No, it's called Scream.
Speaker 1: How could there be two movies with the same name that are from the same franchise because they're rebooting it. Okay, so I have some plot lines went with some things. If you go to IMDb, it'll say Scream and Scream.
Speaker 2: Are you not trusting?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just asking. I think it's weird that there's two movies that are exactly the same name.
Speaker 2: Poster did something where they made the E and the A.
Speaker 1: Look like a v okay, but it's literally so scream five.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: Scream, but maybe they were trying to make it five, right, that's what a V box office scream. Okay, let me see the Let me see the.
Speaker 2: Scream IMDb twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Let me see the picture with the V because I bet they were trying to make a five.
Speaker 2: Again. No one's denying what you're saying. But the movie itself is.
Speaker 1: Called called what Scream? There it is just scream?
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: This is like a stupid comedy sketch. That's not very funny. So what else is going on? Buddy boy? Wow? That was I can't find my blistics and my lips are very dry.
Speaker 2: I need to stop using chapsticks so much? It's bad.
Speaker 1: Why do you eat it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I eat it?
Speaker 3: Know what?
Speaker 2: It's funny?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Does Boomer not Boomer that is dead?
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's okay, I don't It's fine, he's dead, Sawyer.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you put on chapstick or anything, does he like go crazy.
Speaker 1: Like because he wants to eat it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Because you put CarMax, Luna goes nuts.
Speaker 1: Even if he like regular not cherry.
Speaker 2: She is obsessed with CarMax. She like licks your lips. She's like, goes crazy.
Speaker 1: Amy will get out of the shower and she puts this like bath and body works coconut butter on her legs and Sawyer just licks it for hours. She's like, get away from me. I just put that on. Stop looking it off. And plus they could probably get sick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that's probably not healthy for either dog, but.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he loves it and he won't stop, and she keeps trying to kick him away and he keeps licking. Huh yeah, soy soow. I might like my lips are chapped. It's annoying me.
Speaker 2: No, it's weird. Sometimes it's like my lips all of a sudden, we'll just get extremely chapped and then just like shed almost like a lizard. And I don't say why they do that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes and we're in the season where your hands are so dry tracked and disgusting, oh terrible. You know that stuff that they show on TV in the green container. What's it called good hands something like that, But it's like it's like some guy's name and it's in a container and they show the just picture of a disgusting cracked finger and then.
Speaker 2: I have I have that one. Really, I use that Before I go to bed, I put some lotion.
Speaker 1: Is it pearl cream?
Speaker 2: Pearl cream? What the hell is pearl green?
Speaker 1: It's from the eighties. Look up the commercial.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, the pearl cream.
Speaker 1: Used to sell it on like you, They weren't infomercials, but it was one of those things where you would call one eight hundred blah blah blah and order pearl cream.
Speaker 2: No, it was hysterical when you got your first cologne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was drag Car.
Speaker 2: And did you get it in like the set that your parents would get someplace? It would come with lotions.
Speaker 1: No. No, And I think I've told the story before. But then my mom went to the flea market and bought me drag Car and she actually bought me Dakhar because it was the ripoff and it smelled like fartspread. It was just awful.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Oh you can play it. Pearl cream. I want you to have our remarkable pearl soap free.
Speaker 2: That's gift pearl cream facial.
Speaker 4: Have you ever wondered why so many Oriental women have so few wrinkles?
Speaker 2: But I can already tell you something that's getting.
Speaker 4: Canceled the facial cream that actually smoothed away almost all signs of lines and wrinkles. It's called oriental pearl cream.
Speaker 2: It was called oriental pearl cream.
Speaker 1: No, that must have been really early because it was just called pearl cream. They must have taken commercial there was taken the oriental part out, of course they didn Hello.
Speaker 4: It actually starts with a gong, and you may recognize me for movies and TV like Flower Drum Songs, The World of Suzi Wong and more recently Noble House. Have you ever wondered why it's so hard to tell how old most Oriental women are since ancient times.
Speaker 1: Not the right one.
Speaker 4: It's just recently introduced to the western pearl cream.
Speaker 2: Anyways, this is what comes up.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I don't remember that. I don't remember the oriental part.
Speaker 2: You may have taken that out. They have other ones like pearl fairness cream. No, so that must have been it. Yeah, they remember it, right, Well, you know, wow, it's funny. That's actually hysterical.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they still do call them oriental rugs, right, yeah, I think yeah, you can you can go you go buy you can go to the store and buy an oriental rug.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess they just wouldn't call it oriental face cream.
Speaker 1: No, hmm okay, And our favorite Chinese restaurant is the orient So I mean it's not a bad word. I just think that you don't you just don't call people that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, okay, that's actually I love old infomercials so much. My favorite was the one where it was like love ballads the CDs that you can buy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know that they still? Dude, they still have Time Life Collection commercials infomercials on on these like random Channel three and like random channels on the weekend, and there's like abba and and and songs from the seventies, disco whatever, and they're still selling like ten discs set. Who's buying discs?
Speaker 2: I remember? I remember like when I would watch Nickelodeon as a kid, you'd get the advertisement to sign up for nick magazine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, what was the one, uh highlights for kids?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, there was the one with the zoo, the zoo, the different animal on the covers.
Speaker 1: No, it was like a scripty font that was highlights.
Speaker 2: No, this one was only animals and you would get them and it would be like a specific thing about the animal.
Speaker 1: Oh, that wasn't a magazine that you would send away for. Yes, it was that. It was it was the same time something or other. It was the same timeframe as the Sweet Pickles bus.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Do we've done this before and you pulled up the commercials bus. Yes, Sweet Pickles books. It was a commercial Sweet Pickles and the and the bus would come up the street and the goose would come outside. Yes, mother goose.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're talking about Richard Scary.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not as Sweet Pickles Zoo books. Sweet Pickles is.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Zu books. I always wanted Zo books and I never got them.
Speaker 1: Sweet Pickles is great, Andrews. You would sit in the doctor's office and there would be the Sweet Pickles books, and in the middle would be the little response cards that you'd tear out and you would subscribe and order them, and you would get all these books in the mill.
Speaker 2: I miss those days.
Speaker 1: Curious George. They used to have that also, they had the cards in the middle where you could buy them.
Speaker 2: That's my feel good movie. If I'm ever depressed, there's two movies. I go to my neighbor Totoro amazing, everybody should watch it. And Curious George, the one with Bill Farrow who plays the guy in the big yellow hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was better way, It was better back in the seventies and eighties when Curious George was just innocent. Curious George and the little cartoons.
Speaker 2: Well, he's innocent in this one. It's a rated G movie. It's seventy minutes.
Speaker 1: You remember when he ate the puzzle piece and they had an X ray m and they saw the puzzle piece inside of him. No, you didn't read the Curious George books. I probably don't remember because I was a child, right Well, I read them as a child, and I remember that part.
Speaker 2: I don't really remember reading.
Speaker 1: It was traumatizing to me. He ate the puzzle piece and he had to get it. He had a tummy ache and they took him to the doctor and the X ray showed I mean it never would you wouldn't see a cardboard piece on an X ray, you know, it showed it.
Speaker 2: The number one thing that terrified me as a kid a Rugrats episode they where Chucky eats a watermelon seed. I think, oh my god, belly, Well that's the thing It's like a nightmare scenario, and then they go into the stomach and the seed is growing. I was terrified. I was also afraid of Thomas the Tank Engine. I've mentioned this before, have I? Yes, you have, and the train shook.
Speaker 1: Well, the eyes were kind of creepy.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I love Thomas the Tank Engine so much that one is one. If I ever have a child, I will raise them on Thomas the Tank Engine. Okay, fingers crossed. But I would watch it from the side, like I would sit on the side of the TV and I would like peer over to see what was going on. I also had an English accent from that show.
Speaker 1: That's good and from Pepa Pig as well.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't have Peppa Pig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but might seem you didn't have the luxury of watching kid shows with your kids. Yeah like that. My favorite, I think was Yo Gabba Gabba. That was one of my favorite, and also the dance the freaking the people that dance wiggles No, And we went to see them live and it was so awesome. Damn it they did. There was a band something Something banned the something band I can't remember. Okay, oh man, I'm gonna look it up because it's bothering me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am sorry. I don't remember that one.
Speaker 1: We went to see them live in Westbury and we love them. You love them? Yes, I think they were great.
Speaker 2: Huh. I wish I knew what you were talking about. The something something banned something band? You know how you should type it in band that four kids on nick, the Naked Brothers band.
Speaker 1: No, oh, here it is the fresh Beat Band. I've never heard of the fresh Beat Band. Yes, the fresh Beat Band Concert special, Yes, the fresh Beat Band.
Speaker 2: Never heard of them? What the show were they on?
Speaker 1: The fresh Beat Band? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we didn't have that a nick.
Speaker 1: Of course you didn't because you're too old. The Wow sad fresh Beat? Oh, I can't play it on mine?
Speaker 2: What am I looking up?
Speaker 1: Fresh Beat Band theme song?
Speaker 2: There is beat band theme song?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh my god, this is going to be great.
Speaker 2: I can't the fact that you were like I love them, I did.
Speaker 1: I used to have such a great time watching them. That's how parents can like secretly watch kids stuff and not be creepy. Watch it with your kids and you can enjoy it. M Yeah, it's about to play.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to play the Expedia adding they're not paying us.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, before you play it, why don't we take a break?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, hold one, we'll be back with the Fresh Beat Band.
Speaker 2: Do not say that yet.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with a fresh Beat Band theme right after this. And don't forget to take your condom off and throw it in the trash. I don't know. Maybe there was an America Express ad there. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Fingers crussed, Okay, are we getting to this? The Fresh Beat Band?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, stop?
Speaker 1: Uh huh wait a minute.
Speaker 3: House when fresh Yeah.
Speaker 1: That might have been a later version, but yeah, that's it. And Yo Gabba Gabba too. That was great. We saw them live also and actually got to meet Dj Lance that was cool. And Muno Oh was that like the big one one?
Speaker 2: I think? Oh he was the big orange one with bikes.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure now, mun I don't remember which one he was. I have a T shirt with the one eyed red guy.
Speaker 2: I know what he looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been so long, I don't remember the names.
Speaker 2: Now your kids are watching squid games.
Speaker 1: So no they're not. You said, actually had a was watching in the base, did that? It was just like a one time thing. So they wanted to see what it was. I don't know what they watched. Now, Cooper still watch like like some camp band movie or something shit rock. No, some camp something show. Actually, I don't think she watches that anymore. She she gets on these things where I don't know what they are.
Speaker 2: Well, don't you say that your kids watch YouTube more than anything? Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or TikTok. Yeah, they're just they watch people I'd rather than watch shows. Yeah, they're like, watch these dumb people doing stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I completely understand what you're talking about. And they've said that that's like a big thing because now whereas we would watch shows and maybe learn something off a ten part mini series, now they're like watching the condensed like minute of somebody being like, here's what's terrible and here's what you need to know about it, and then they walk away with it being like that was fun you know what?
Speaker 1: That we should be dumb people doing stuff that kids watch and we could be cleaning up what can it's funny. The other night I couldn't really sleep. I was tossing and turning, and I was racking my brain. I was like, what can we do that people would be interested in? Watching and would be like a quick fad and we'd make a ton of cash on it and whatever. There's got to be something because somebody comes out with something, why can't it be us?
Speaker 2: Because those people are the dredges of like society.
Speaker 1: Kind of like the people that were on the Amazing Race with our friends Lulu and Laala. That Internet family, the Internet family. Did you watch it all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh? It was that family that dances around at Christmas pajamas and they got like millions of views.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something YouTube Internet families. There's always something hiding. Always. Yeah, there's if you look up like downfall of ex YouTube family, there's like at least seven different articles about seven different families.
Speaker 1: We should investigate and do a documentary. That would be huge.
Speaker 2: Say no more, I already done, right, I listen, I have a weird thing with cults. I will look into any cult asking about scientology done. Oh wait, No, we can't say that because scientologists might come after us.
Speaker 1: Okay, that would be bad. They start investigating. That's the Tom Cruise thing, right, Yeah, Okay. I went to the headquarters in La in La that big, the Big, the Truth one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like this close to going inside.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, no, did you meet l Ron Hubbard?
Speaker 2: No, he's dead, although technically he signed a billion year life contract, so who knows.
Speaker 1: He's probably Like when I was a kid on I didn't know what that was. I'd be watching Prices Right, and the commercial would come on for Dianetics and I'd be and the l Ron Hubbard. That's how I know the name, that's that's the really yes, go look it up.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was this like fiery commercial.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna hear anything?
Speaker 1: No? No, there'll be no racist things in there. But but no, I what I just remember as a kid watching the Price is Right, and the commercial would always come on the new bestseller Dianetics by l Ron Hubbard, and that's what it was, and I didn't know what it was about, and I wasn't buying a book, but still that's where I remember that from. And then all these years later I found that he was the Scientology guy.
Speaker 2: I have always had a weird fascination with cults. Be it jonestown depressing? Yeah, not great. I have a really depressing book about that one if you want to read it. Scientology, Uh, the one with the ship I.
Speaker 1: Mean at the end of the day, this is a cult. This is a cult. How is it a cult? Because all these these cereal heads that listen to us? Is that what we're calling the fan base cult? We're switching them from crunchers to cereal heads. Yeah, we are. We are a cult. You don't want to be a cult technically, people that follow you and listen to you cult numbers.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, it's it's a lot more. It's a lot more.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, I know where you're coming from, Like, those are hardcore. But you guys, we're gonna buy a ranch and you can all come and eat cereals. That's right. Yeah, we'll have those dispensers all over the place, but mixed in with the cereal will be pills and they'll be crushed up.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe not that went off on a whld tangent over there, did you Scott.
Speaker 1: On a tangent? That's if you're going to do a cult, do it right. I think we should do true crime Fridays. No, you said we were doing movie watch from Okay.
Speaker 2: Movie watch Fridays.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna sit on our couch in front of the fireplace with our zoom and we're gonna watch movies and talk about it.
Speaker 2: Is that really what we're gonna do?
Speaker 1: You said we were I would be fine with that so far, I've watched like four or five movies already, and I'm not a movie watcher.
Speaker 2: No, we'll do it on our Patreon, which we still have set up.
Speaker 1: I don't like the name. What just don't like that name? What Patreon?
Speaker 2: Well, that's how people do it, but it makes.
Speaker 1: Me think of bad, something bad. I don't like that name.
Speaker 2: Well, we could do discord. I heard that one's That one doesn't sound good either. That one's like a chat app where people would sign up and then they chat.
Speaker 1: Why is it like a friendly name like Sonny?
Speaker 2: We could do OnlyFans.
Speaker 1: That's a dirty one though, Yeah, but you know you could do try to get people. Can you do non dirty stuff there too? I mean people don't go there for that. Yeah, but that's the moment where Nate and I you are gonna eat bananas. Well maybe we could do one big channel. No, is that for explicit content? And you like the sister podcasts and stuff. It needs to be separated.
Speaker 2: It needs to be you need to keep it seperated.
Speaker 1: Our movie chat can't be associated with two guys eating bananas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't want to probably be associated with someone doing that in the first place. But yeah, no, no, no, I think it's gonna be great for you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have our clothes on. I mean, now I make someone's like, hey, that one. I may ask him to take a shirt off every once in a while for more viewers, but it's not gonna be any more than that.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be funny once people start, like if people sign up and then you're like, hey, if you're a gold member for fifty bucks, like you can give us special requests, and then that's when it's gonna go downhill fast. That's when all of a sudden, it's gonna be like, huh see the thing is what's going on? Scott?
Speaker 1: I don't know how it Why are you moving to Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Scott?
Speaker 1: I don't know how it works or anything about it. So I'm using this podcast as a platform to let my wife Amy know that I'm going to go to OnlyFans because I need to see how it works and what we have to do. I'm not looking at stuff. I just need to figure out the logistics of it. I'll do it at work. I guess I don't so if it doesn't have to be on my browser at home. But I don't think. I just I need to figure it out.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna get so many weird requests. Yeah, but you don't have to him a banana with your feet.
Speaker 1: I'll do that. You pay more for it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing you were going to create price levels, because Patreon is the same thing. You create price levels, and at certain levels you could say, oh, you're an executive producer, we'll put your name in the credits, or so.
Speaker 1: Do you do a separate thing just for them or do they pay you when you do it? And everyone I know.
Speaker 2: The Patreon one is very simil because that's this is how the content works. You have a base level. So we could say just say take this podcast, for example, we could say for five bucks, we're gonna give you Friday episodes like whatever. If you pay ten bucks, you're called like a spoonhead, and we'll give you like you get access to the episodes a week early.
Speaker 1: Then people like Matt and Carrie Hedges are gonna get angry because it's like I'm not paying for free content.
Speaker 2: If you pay one hundred dollars, you can pick the cereals we do once a month every episode.
Speaker 1: Oh we pretty much let people do that anyway, because they send it to us.
Speaker 2: You get to be in an episode, you could do like all these things, and you get exclusive access to chat with us and create special videos.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's taking advantage of the people who got us here.
Speaker 2: You're about to start feeding Nate bananas with your feet, so the floor has already been like you are underneath the floor, there is no bottom.
Speaker 1: But those are all new people. Those are people that will come in wanting to pay money to see bananas being fed with feet. Are these are our serial people? Like I feel like we're taking advantage of them if we try to try. Sure, we can sell them T shirts, but I mean, again.
Speaker 2: It's just different content. So if we create custom content for that, Like if we're saying we'll watch movies with you on a day, right, and like everybody is in this chat and we pop in every once in a while and be like, hey, guys, which cereals should we have?
Speaker 1: Like that'll be fine while we're watching a movie.
Speaker 2: Well no, they could like help us pick cereals for the upcoming episode. It's like, just create more of a community. Oh, back to your cult idea.
Speaker 1: So like when we're watching the Toy on a Friday night, Yeah, you know with the Toy, Yeah, with Richard Pryor.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what that is. Yes, you do.
Speaker 1: We've talked about it, Wonder Wheel, everything, we've talked about it. I'll go back in episodes and pull it. I say, what yeah, probably, but like so so so when Richard Pryor gets stuck in the Wonder Wheel, I can then play the video of me getting stuck in the inflatable radio that I was in. Yeah, so we can like go back and forth. Well, we need to figure.
Speaker 2: Out how we can actually stream these things because I don't know how we could stream the.
Speaker 1: Movie because I'm gonna have to get a road caster.
Speaker 2: Uh no, his worst comestorys I just bring it. Plus we could also just watch it here.
Speaker 1: That's a problem. We can't play the movie. Also, people would have to watch it in their house and would say ready start one, two, three.
Speaker 2: Well again that's where if we did it on Discord, which I know you're probably like, what is this chatty app? I'm confused. Whatever happened to SMS messaging? Is it an MMS? Am I getting charged for this SMS?
Speaker 3: My day?
Speaker 2: We had unlimited texting?
Speaker 1: No, it was never unlimited, not back then. It is now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would always get anxiety with calling and texting. But yeah, now it's all unlimited, so I don't feel bad.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, not for everybody, though, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's very rare that you come and count like that. Someone's like, please don't text me the rates? Yeah, well maybe the androids. I wish Android really was. I've said this before. I can't go back into this topic, but I would get one of two seconds if they just had I message.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I just want to flip phone, that's all.
Speaker 1: Maybe Apple will make one one day.
Speaker 2: Fingers crossed rate you could just do.
Speaker 1: All right, I have to go to Waikia.
Speaker 2: Should we go?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna buy clean a Forben? Something that doesn't require an Alan wrench? Now? Is that an Alan rench or an Alan key? Because I've heard both.
Speaker 2: You're asking the wrong person, Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean I could fix some things. I mean and I were talking about this the other day, like I have. I have limited knowledge, but I don't have to call a handyman to like, you know, open up the light fixture and change the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm good at repairs. I can also build things very easily. Everything in my apartment I built by myself.
Speaker 1: I mean they're lopsided, but they're there.
Speaker 2: No they're not.
Speaker 1: I think they are. When have you been to my apartment? I remember you said, why do I have an extra screw? I mean you missed a hole? When was that a couple of weeks ago? Remember the time I dropped you off and you're like, come in and use the bathroom, And the thing in your bathroom on top of the sink, it was lopsided.
Speaker 2: You've never been to my apartment ever?
Speaker 1: I have you told me to drive you home that day?
Speaker 2: You've never been in my apartment? Remember every time? Remember you didn't come upstairs to my apartment.
Speaker 1: Okay you didn't. Maybe you were drunk that day. You needed help getting on my stud your gas lighting crazy? This never happened. No, it didn't.
Speaker 3: Know.
Speaker 2: Every time you drop me off, you're like, oh, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I'm scared.
Speaker 1: I was not scared. I just get nervous to double park right there people.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid. I don't know about this area.
Speaker 2: I'm in downtown Jersey City.
Speaker 3: I'm very scared.
Speaker 2: Let me go back to Long Island.
Speaker 3: It's safe.
Speaker 1: I just don't like to double park on that street there.
Speaker 2: No, every time you're like, is this okay? It's my car gonna be okay? Here? Yeah, park behind the three teslas and the weird BMW on that side. But yeah, you're beat up old GMC truck. Let's be concerned. It has station.
Speaker 1: Paraphernalia on it. People will attack it anyway. So and I changed the water pump on the air conditioner thing. That's exactly I was that. I was very proud of That's that's a pretty big repair. Like I swapped out the water pump.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean I was proud of myself.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you should be. It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Then I also got electrocuted the other night almost. I don't know what it's. You know what you can get electrocuted and not die, right? What is the what electricuate you did? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or is it you just get shocked? Is the act of getting electrocuted you dying?
Speaker 2: I wanna almost call my mom right now because she will remember the story when my aunt's house was being built, there was like a live wire and I was a kid and I was running around and we walked in and I stepped on the wire and I literally like it was one of those like comic movies where I was like ooo.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, and smoke started coming out your hair, get all this stuff. Yeah, very nineties movie, like the villain getting like killed off. Well, I discovered some stray voltage in my basement, so I have to have that take. I think that's what they call it. If we were a metal band, that's what I would request the name to be. That was very cool coming up.
Speaker 2: Next to the stage.
Speaker 1: Stray voltage. But so I was I was changing the battery in my outside light timer, which is mounted right next to the circuit breaker, and I had my hand on the timer and then my hand also my other hand touched the circuit breaker and I was like ooh, I felt a jolt go through my body. So I think that's stray voltage. I think that's what that is. You're not supposed get shocked. So I grounded it myself and I almost died.
Speaker 2: Well, thank god you're here today, Yeah, thank god, thank god? What would our first song be a stray voltage? Hmm, don't touch that box, I don't know, or don't use two hands? Oh that could be our follow up single okay, yeah, single handed, we'll call it. Oh yeah, what are you playing a guitar? Or?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Could you give me my hat?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: So Nate wears this weird hat.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is where I have thoughts and I need to get them out. I know we have to go to Ikia, so we have like five minutes left.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: These look like boy band hats. These look like early two thousand's hold on, late nineties even these are Look at this, this is a joke. Well, first of all, you have to be watching this on YouTube. They are.
Speaker 1: I don't even understand it. It's got a bill right, like a like a baseball cap.
Speaker 2: Just picture like I look like a contestant on like an old like if I were to go, if we watch early Survivor episodes, they would wear hats like this. Maybe this will be what gets me on Survivor.
Speaker 1: You know who?
Speaker 2: I think we're wearing hat.
Speaker 1: In the marvelous Miss Masel what's her name?
Speaker 2: I don't watch that show?
Speaker 1: You don't watch it.
Speaker 2: No, I've only heard good things.
Speaker 1: But marvelous missus Maazel is wonderful. I mean, it's been gone for so long, I don't remember what's going on. Alex Borstein, Yes, her, they ate her agent. I think that she wears a hat like this. I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, these hats, I said, and nobody here understood what I was saying. They look like MTV dating reality show hats. This hat is what they would wear. Yes, right, Room Raiders date my parents or no, that was called parental control. Next, like they would walk off the bus or wherever they'd be, and they'd be like, what's up. Name's Tristan, I'm Siffer, I'm twenty three.
Speaker 1: Somehow Nate pulls it off, but we don't.
Speaker 3: I'd say, pull off.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks better on him than it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Always like plaid shirts with it, so it goes even further down where he just looks youth counselor.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if you join my only Fans, Paigde, you can watch me feed Nate a banana with my feet while he wears only this hat.
Speaker 2: See, this is what's going to happen, and you're gonna start getting paid like thousands of dollars to do it. I'm okay, And it's going to reach a point where like it's like, huh, so Scotty's now doing softcore porn no on only fans.
Speaker 1: It's a banana and I'm fully clothed.
Speaker 2: Again. You say this now, but I'm just waiting until it's like I can't resist three thousand dollars right now.
Speaker 1: Some big bear guy does not want to see me with my shirt off again.
Speaker 2: You say this, and then all of a sudden, you're gonna start getting paid, and then it's gonna be like, it's not that bad handy, and then what do you know, in five years, I'll be going to LA for something and see you on the streets.
Speaker 3: It was worth it. I was gonna be a star.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about that ring?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's my r ring.
Speaker 1: That's very interesting to me.
Speaker 2: It's very cool. I have to say it tracks. I hate the color and I actually requested to customer service.
Speaker 1: It's like a wedding band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not married, but I look like it if I do that. Yeah, But it tracks every thing. And it's so much better than an Apple Watch because and it takes the place of a fit bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just don't like the color. So I'm gonna spray paint it.
Speaker 1: Spray paint it. I don't think it'll work anymore if you spray painted. So I looked it up. Can you bite in black?
Speaker 2: Yes? And that's what I like. Emailed them to customer service and said, hey, I want to switch it. Never got back to me. So if anybody from AURA is watching this a sponsor us.
Speaker 1: I would never happen one of these days.
Speaker 2: Or b can I just switch this for a black one?
Speaker 1: I have to wear this hat for the rest of the day now. I can't take it off. Yeah, because I've like reactivated the gel in my hair so many times that it just won't work anymore.
Speaker 2: Let me quickly get you. I'm getting your uh, I'm reading your Aura to figure out what your reality show person is. Ooh, I think I got it what with this hat on?
Speaker 1: Okay, your name is Chad.
Speaker 2: Chad, you're forty two and you're an ex skateboarder.
Speaker 1: With many injuries that I can't swe I can't be on the circuit anymore. Yeah, circuit, but now I teach kids how to skate.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you'd be the one in an MTV show that would be like, I'm your mentor.
Speaker 1: I bruh, No, what's up? That's not me, that's what you say.
Speaker 2: But I feel like you'd be a good mentor on an MTV early reality show for skateboarders. Well, yeah, they had like made did you ever see Maid?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it. No, So it's just gonna be me and Tony Hawk showing people how to skateboard.
Speaker 2: Now you're really going to that?
Speaker 3: No? No.
Speaker 2: Maide was like people would want to be something, so you would go in being like I want to be made into a pro skateboarder, and they would have then a mentor mentor the child or meant a mentee mentor mentor whatever. Anyway, the pro would then do something with the kid and they'd have like a month before like the big thing, yes, and then they would do the thing that they were like training for. Okay, I always wanted to be on it to be a dirt bike rider. I would love to ride it there bike. Sorry, I don't know how I could get this to ever happen, but I want to ride a dirt bike so bad.
Speaker 1: I could totally picture You're like going off this big jump and then like the handlebars come off. Yeah, and the tire it just separates. I get a cartoon all of that and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I would pretty much go up a hill, realize how much air I got, fall off it and be like.
Speaker 3: No, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: That's what I do with jet skis. Jet skis, I go fast, and then the minute I hit like a wave or something, I'm like, uh huh, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: See now, are you more a jet ski or a wave runner? Wave runner is the one you sit. Jet ski you actually stand would you're probably don't know, You're probably on a wave runner. Most most people just sit huh you know, yeah, yeah, because jet skis are difficult to balance.
Speaker 2: I'm listen. I used to love banana boats. I used to love all those things, and now as like I'm older. When I go on one and it launches you off and you skid across the water and your head hits at like fifty miles an hour, You're like, why am I doing this?
Speaker 1: Yes? I will never parasl that's frightening to me. Why Because that's just another one of those unnecessary risks. Paris I don't know what it is, especially in an unregulated country where you just say, they say, come on, come on, you know ten dollars and you just and you just go, and you go on some random guy's boat. Yeah, they put you up in the air. And I'm telling you. I don't know if I told the story or not before, but we were in Cancun one time and the paracel, you know, they go up and down the beach, and all of a sudden it started coming down and it came down into the pool of the hotel. So imagine this. The boat is still running in the water and it's oh god, oh you're getting dragged. It wasn't me. It wasn't me. Somebody came down and slowly this person is about to slam into the wall, and somebody was able to unhook them really quick, and they came and they gathered up the thing and they ran away because of course they're unlicensed, and it was just it was frightening. And I'll never forget that, and I will never go parasaaling. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you had a bad parashailing.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I just I just witnessed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you witnessed a bad paras hailing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't need any part of that.
Speaker 2: No, I I okay, yeah, I don't know what it is about me, and I know that this is completely just like not a thing, but I am I'm not terrified of the water. Like I don't either.
Speaker 1: I love the wall.
Speaker 2: That's why for me, I know it's not a thing, but like I almost feel like falling into water. I understand that from that height you are going to like not make it. You could break some bones or not make it or not make it so, but for me, I'm like, oh, if I'm over water, I'm okay. It's I know it's completely irrational, it doesn't make sense, but in my head, I'm like, oh, I'm okay, okay. Like I don't mind jumping off of things into water, but.
Speaker 1: I mean people cliff dive and that's almost as high.
Speaker 2: I could do that, right, I don't mind that to me the height and I don't even like heights. But when if I'm going into water, I'm like, it's not bad. I could do this.
Speaker 1: I think the last time I ever dove off a cliff was an action park where people will just dive right on top of you.
Speaker 2: That documentary is so good.
Speaker 1: Did you did you ever go when it was actually Action Park. No, I went when we're a little too young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went, and I switched yeah, and then they.
Speaker 1: Brought it back to Action Park for a minute. But I I mean I went there as a kid. We would load up a van of all, like the driver was like seventeen, and it would be a van full of teenagers and I was maybe ten or eleven, and we would all go, like ten or fifteen of us and just run wild, and there were no rules and you would just you know how at most water parks they make you wait, they're like okay, green light, yeah, you know, but back then, I don't care, just go like somebody would jump, and somebody would jump right on top of you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's terrible.
Speaker 1: And that documentary is crazy because it's true. That's exactly what went on there. There was just just nobody cared. There was no supervision. We went without any parent. I'm telling you. The oldest person in the group was seventeen at best. And it was it was out of control, drinking, out of control, out of control, but good time.
Speaker 2: Racle. My dad used to go there too, I bet yeah. He told a couple of stories and I was like, yeah, not great, but it.
Speaker 1: Was fun, yes when you were when you were a stupid kid, unregulated. As a parent, now I would never let my kids go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What times have changed that they have? You know, back in the eighties you just didn't get hurt doing stuff. Now you do. Yeah, I don't know. That's exactly what happened, Yes, exactly. And people became much more litigious. They like to sue now, yes, more than ever. Yeah, so no one lets you do anything anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, they do, but again for your safety. They don't let people jump on each other from you.
Speaker 1: Go to the roller skating rink and they make you sign a release.
Speaker 2: What is that because if you break your leg and you're like, you're skate did this?
Speaker 1: By the way, a lawyer friend of mine told me that those things do not hold up in court, So sign away. I guess it doesn't matter. I mean, look, at the end of the day, if something that they do causes death or injury to you, I don't think that little piece of paper that you scribble any name on because they don't know who you are. Yeah, you know, it makes a difference. And plus they'd never find it anyway.
Speaker 2: When so, when I was there, for Survivor casting finals. I signed the booklet basically releasing everything if I make it on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let me tell.
Speaker 2: You, that was one hundred pages of me just signing away my life, like if you die on the show, your family can't sue you if this happens to you. And it was like page after page after page, and in my head, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Look Meanwhile, if God forbid something happens, my parents would be like.
Speaker 1: Huh yep.
Speaker 2: That idiots signed one hundred pages and now we can't do anything about it.
Speaker 1: It's no different than all the terms of service that you just click yes online. It's all the same. That's hysterical South Park episode. Yes, exactly, it's exactly the same. Nobody reads anything, and if you do read it and you don't like it, you click no. You can't have whatever you want anyway, exactly. You know what life sucks?
Speaker 2: Where in hell?
Speaker 1: Yes we are.
Speaker 2: Speaking of I say one more thing and then we can go. I witness someone this weekend play or Shazam mister Brightside and I am crushed.
Speaker 1: Maybe they didn't know the name of the band. I mean, obviously they knew the song because they thought enough to shazam it. Maybe they just didn't know who's sig. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: I almost went up to them and was gonna ask them if they were like, Okay, they say the name.
Speaker 1: You should have just said it. Really, I'm a killer and then you kill them. Okay, it sounds great because it angered you.
Speaker 2: So it did anger me a lot.
Speaker 1: It is the Killers, right, it is the Killers.
Speaker 2: They also sing a song. What's the other song?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, there's a friend of Mars that says that mister Bright's Side Yeah is the like best song of all time? No, and that it's proven chart wise no right that we try to tell him that, we're like, no.
Speaker 2: No, the number one best selling single of all time is.
Speaker 1: Not best selling. He just said it's the best song of all time all time according to who him? But where I don't know the Killers mister Bright's Side.
Speaker 2: No. So technically, if you're gonna go with like, what could quote unquote be called the best song of all time, just say from trophies it's actually shallow. You remember the Lady Gaga Bradley Cooper song, Yeah, that one one, Like it's the most song of all time?
Speaker 1: Really yeah, but like the most airplay and the most this and the most that, Like, like what song has the most everything? Like the most? So again, if we're going with awards, the most Rammies, the most airplay, the most cells, every everything, Like what song has the most everything to make it number one of all time? I would probably say on Michael Jackson song is it like smells like teen Spirit? I mean, what is it? There's so many things that qualify, right, There's so many variables, but there has to be one song that has the most of all those things that makes it the best song of all time in every way. I don't think it's mister bright Side that I don't know. It's definitely not. There's no doubt that it's not. But I'm just probably a Beyonce song, h see. I feel like it's something much older than that. Yeah, there really is no I feel like it would be something from the eighties or or Rolling Stones five the top ten songs were like a Rolling Stone is the old one the twenty twenty two or twenty twenty one list. Change it to Respect by Aretha Franklin. That's a challenge. I need to figure that out. I want to know what the most winningest of every single category song is of all time, most money making, most radio play, most awards, most everything. There has to be one song that has the most of all those things together.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm always shocked whenever I go to like the most stream songs or like what's like a diamond certified single. To get certified diamond, it has to be ten times like sold. But now it's streaming technically, if you play something that counts as a sale.
Speaker 1: It's hard to figure stuff out now because there's so many different ways to get stuff.
Speaker 2: As of January twenty twenty two, all of the top one hundred songs have exceeded one point two billion streams. Shape of You ranked in the top position. It's the only song that's ever exceeded three billion streams. I think it's one of the most played songs of all time.
Speaker 1: But I mean, baby Shark just had ten billion views on YouTube. So I mean where they remember Desposito? Yeah? I does?
Speaker 2: Or Old Town Road that's the longest running song of all times. I don't know I could pull that one out. This is all above my head anyway, We'll come back to it. Yeah, So why don't we get out of here. Alrighty have fun at IKEA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not gonna have what I want anyway. It's you know, their website is so screwy that it's like, oh, we have limited supply and you get there and there's nothing. All right, Well, I'm gonna take the microphone over here because I gotta get This studio is such a wreck.
Speaker 2: Well maybe you should clean it.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, do we still have to do this at the end of every every week?
Speaker 2: We don't know. Saying clink is fine too.
Speaker 1: All right, Well until we see you again on Monday with an all new Serial Killers. Yeah, we'll get another bowl chat next Wednesday. And no, we'll have some bonus content at some point.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Please follow us on all social platforms It's Serial Killers PC and have a wonderful rest of your day.
Speaker 2: Have a great day. Everybody, say clink, Andrew, clink. That was a long one.
Speaker 1: It was. It kind of bounced around.
Speaker 2: That's a long clinker.
Speaker 1: Here comes another ad for Trojan.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye bye,