Speaker 1: Second date, up date.
Speaker 2: What do you do if you've been single for the last few years, You've been on over a dozen dates on a dozen different dating apps, and absolutely nothing has stuck. You'd have to actually leave your house in order for that to count.
Speaker 3: As you.
Speaker 2: Could become a monk and take a vow of celibacy to make it seem like it was all your idea the whole time, like some of.
Speaker 3: Those places beautiful views.
Speaker 2: All virgins up there. Or you could do the most frightening thing in the world, like our listener Rob did, and meet someone in real life. People don't actually do that anymore. Actually, you scare me. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: That's exciting. And you know, I feel like we've heard a couple of these stories lately. Maybe people are going back to this trend.
Speaker 2: It's either exciting in a real low moment in your life. So which one.
Speaker 4: No, I'm like you said, I'm just completely done with the apps, like no one ever wants to meet up. It's just a waste of my time.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what'd you do to meet somebody in person? What was your trick?
Speaker 4: Well, normally, how I would try to meet someone, I'd be like, if you know you were a vegetable, you'd be a cute cumber. Oh line, And I'll say that on a dating app and stuff, and I mean sometimes they'll work, they'll respond to me, and sometimes it just it just won't.
Speaker 2: It's not just like jokes, like bad jokes.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cheesy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh maybe that was a little bit too high brow that they don't understand it's a cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like vegetables and cute one another one that I've tried before that sometimes works.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, you to have dropped something. Oh oh, it's your standards. Can I buy you a drink?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sounds like to yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm starting to feel like it's not the app's fault that you're not meeting a lot of people.
Speaker 4: It's the wrong girl.
Speaker 2: You need a girl who's like loves that silly stuff.
Speaker 4: Brother, that's what I'm hoping to find here.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So you said that's what you used to do. Those were your old strategies. Do you mean that you have like a new thing that you were trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I found this vide online and there was this guy who said that there's just one like super simple trick that you have to do.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, everybody listening right this time.
Speaker 4: So you're at like a bar or something. You walk like right next to her, and then you lean over to the bartender and you just say, I'll have an old fashion, she'll have a rainbow lemon drop, and then just say put it on my tab and then just walk away.
Speaker 3: Wait, she's like you and a gross for like, you get a good old fashion and she gets a rainbow lemon drop.
Speaker 2: I think it's just any drink, right, Like, you don't always have to be Yeah, you don't have to stick with the rainbow lemons off, just like some sort of free drink for her. I'm getting something for me, put it on my tab and then you walk away.
Speaker 3: Wait, and you think she wants to date ux you bought her free drinks? No, but it's a mystery, so you're gonna follow him to find out who he is. No, that's the best part, not having to talk to the guy who you drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, the guy in the video said that, I'm just like you said. It kind of creates a mystery, you know. She's like she's just gonna start thinking about you and thinking about you.
Speaker 2: Different than most guys that buy people drinks, because most guys will do it and then stick around and be like, all right, I bought you something, now you owe me like ten minutes of time. So did you do this out in the real world?
Speaker 4: So I actually just tried it the other night and it works, damn. Okay, her name was Camilla.
Speaker 3: Camilla. How long did it take for Camilla to get the drink and go find you?
Speaker 4: Literally minutes? Like she had not finished the drink she had it in her hand when she walked up to me. Okay, wow, Well every time she looks down at the drink, she's thinking of you.
Speaker 3: Well, you must be pretty attractive, because she wouldn't would.
Speaker 2: Do if she's not attractive.
Speaker 3: Like Jeff said, it's so nice not to owe anybody anything, yeah, or something, you know, Like it's such a relief, probably to her.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it has anything to do with attractiveness. It's just like the mystery of it. Yeah, it's like a It's like an ugly guy gave you a drink and then walked away. You'd probably be like, huh, I wouldn't go talk to him. No, yeah, I would, but it worked for Rob. So how long did you guys talk?
Speaker 4: We were talking for like maybe ten minutes or so. She said she was waiting for a friend, so when her friend came, she did have to leave.
Speaker 2: But oh, okay, so she was just I did give.
Speaker 4: Her or she gave me my number? Oh she gave me her number?
Speaker 2: Yeah scary if she gave you your number?
Speaker 4: Umber And I text her and she like replied right then, just like got it. So I know she didn't give me a fake number.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wait, did you guys go on on a date.
Speaker 4: I have not heard from her. I tried to texting her to try to cut something up, and I've got nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay. And so the guy in the video on YouTube that you watch, he didn't have any phone.
Speaker 4: There was no part too.
Speaker 2: Now, yes, but a ten minute conversation is basically like a long term relationship in the modern dating work. Yeah, you'd been together for a very long time. Yeah, but I guess we should ask do we know one hundred percent that this Camilla girl was single?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: That is a risk in this one, because you you buy him a drink before you hit on, you know, before you talk to us.
Speaker 4: True I mean that is straight out ask her, but she was definitely like leaning into it. I feel like I'm pretty sure, but if she if.
Speaker 2: She was in a relationship, she probably wouldn't have like walked across and tracked you down and like struck up a conversation.
Speaker 4: And her friend was there.
Speaker 2: How long has it been since that bar interaction?
Speaker 4: About four days now?
Speaker 3: Okay, not that long? How many texts have you sent?
Speaker 4: Uh? Possibly like five?
Speaker 2: Six on the line of maybe too many, but yeah, maybe she's gaming you back. Maybe this is like a girl strategy to pick the guy back up after you pick her up. But we'll find out. We'll come back because.
Speaker 4: You'll call a radio station.
Speaker 2: And then we come back and call Camilla try and get you your second date update.
Speaker 1: Right after this second date update, Welcome my friends to today's special edition of How to Seduce a Beautiful Woman Without speaking a word to her.
Speaker 2: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Bedroom. Today's pick up strategy comes from our listener Rob, who tried something that he found in an online video where if you're.
Speaker 3: At a bar with that voice and when you say online, it sounds like something we shouldn't be talking.
Speaker 2: Talk it's not like that. But you just you go up next to the woman that you like, you don't talk to her, order yourself a drink, then, without asking, order her a drink, and simply smile and walk away. Let the mystery do the work for you. Yes, And that was different from Rob's previous strategy, which was to basically use cheesy pickup lines like if you were a vegetable, I'd say you were a cute cumber.
Speaker 3: We started talking to Rob and he's like, yeah, it didn't work for twelve years. Yeah, twelve years of the same thing.
Speaker 2: He decided to try something different and it worked, yeah, kind of.
Speaker 3: I'll approached him and they talked for ten minutes. She didn't give her number, but now she's.
Speaker 2: Not calling him back. But overall, I mean, after learning that move, Rob, do you feel like you're more confident in yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think I do. The fact that she walked up to me, Like, that's just crazy.
Speaker 2: You think she's a psychopath.
Speaker 3: What you're saying, I think crazy in a good way too, okay, good, not.
Speaker 2: Crazy in a bad way? Crazy in love? Like yeah, yeah, okay, we're gonna call her right now. And remember Rob, wait, till we call you in in order to jump. Okay, we've got a lot of people just springing on the line without permission, so have some self control over there, got it?
Speaker 3: He really feels like a wild card.
Speaker 2: Jeff All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey, is this Camilla?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: It is Who's We're a radio station called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Camilla.
Speaker 5: Okay, how can I how can I help you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you went out with a guy who listens to our show.
Speaker 3: I don't know if i'd say that, I would say you met a guy at a bar who listens to our show.
Speaker 2: His name is Rob, and you guys met like four nights ago ish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, no, I I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Well Rob, he bought you a drink and you guys ended up talking for a few minutes until your friend got there, and.
Speaker 3: He knows it wasn't like a lot of time together, but you know, he was impressed by who you were.
Speaker 2: We're just wondering what were your thoughts about Rob?
Speaker 5: He was he was nice?
Speaker 3: Uh? Okay.
Speaker 2: We always have a bad reaction when the only thing that they say is nice.
Speaker 3: First, I just want to hear, like when he went up to the bar and he bought you a drink without saying anything, what was going through your head?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I've never had something like that happen to me before, so it was kind of just like, well, he was a little timid about it at first, so I didn't honestly know fully if he was talking to me or about me at first. But then there really was no one else around us, and he just walked away and there was a drink there for me, So I was I was intrigued. I was confused, intrigued.
Speaker 2: How we wanted you to feel that worked?
Speaker 3: So what's crazy is it came across as timid to you, not as like uber confidence.
Speaker 4: It was like the trick.
Speaker 2: Maybe he should have done like the Superman pose when he ordered it, like I shall have an old fashioned and she shall have a lemon drop without a help.
Speaker 5: Uh No, I probably would not have gotten the conversation out of me from that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's not bad what he did.
Speaker 2: Mean we're confused why you're not responding.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, So I was there waiting for my friend and he told us that. Okay, So when she got there, we left we went into our own thing. Uh huh. But you know how I said I had never had someone do something like that before. I can't say that anymore, obviously because of Rob. But I would also have like three more Nichols if I said I had a nickel, I every time that's happened to me.
Speaker 2: Since what what do you mean you got?
Speaker 3: I think she means that other people did that for her the same night.
Speaker 5: The same exact night, these two other guys came up and did the exact same thing to us, both me and my friend.
Speaker 2: They stole Rob's move. They probably saw Rob do that across the bar, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a different But did you go talk to the other two guys? I mean you only went and talked to Rob right.
Speaker 5: Well, the second guy that did it. I was like, I got to ask, where is this coming from? Because obviously I'm not saying that Rob is not possibly a trendsetter in his own circles of life, but I don't think I would be giving him credit for it if I had.
Speaker 2: To guess, doesn't seem did the guy answer?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do he say?
Speaker 5: Yeah? He he literally pulled it up on his phone and showed me this like Instagram reel.
Speaker 3: So another guy ruined it for our guy because if you hadn't known that, if that hadn't happened, would you have contacted Rob?
Speaker 5: I mean maybe, But I was just like.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can work with maybe, And I think Rob can probably work with maybe too, because he just might be on the other line right now, listening and wanting to talk to you. Camilla, quick, nonchalan bro, Rob you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here, and look, Camilla, I am. I'm honestly embarrassed. I'm sorry I did. I saw it on a TikTok video. I was just nervous and like, you were really pretty. I just kind of wanted to see if it work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like how many girls did you try that on?
Speaker 4: It was just you. You were the first one and I got your number and I was so happy, and I'm sorry, that's cute.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I feel like I feel like some red flags are popping up on my radar here, like what.
Speaker 2: You feel like Rob's a player?
Speaker 3: Like that wasn't sincere Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: At first, you think, Okay, this guy's buying me a drink and seems nice and seems cool, and then you find out that it's just some dumb guy on YouTube or TikTok or instant whatever, being like, this is how you pick up jukes.
Speaker 3: That was a really good impression. And I've never even seen the video.
Speaker 1: I want you to do these videos.
Speaker 2: I do follow that guy though, he's good.
Speaker 4: I did see you across the bar, though, and like I chose you. I thought you were so cute for a distance, and when I got up to you, like if you were a vegetable, you'd be a cucumber or something.
Speaker 5: Wait did you Oh my yeah, no, no, no, that that was funny like that. That's way more you than than the lemon drop. Wait, that's how you should that's how you should have come up to me.
Speaker 4: It seems like you dropped something just now because oh wait, it's your standard.
Speaker 5: Where where was this guy, rob?
Speaker 2: Where was this guy?
Speaker 3: This is definitely him?
Speaker 4: Wow, I guess I'm just a thief because I'm here to steal your heart.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, okay, wait, wait a minute, you might be taking it too far.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of us can take any more of this conversation. I think we just need to offer to send you guys out on another date that we would pay for. If you don't do it, I'm going to marry this man.
Speaker 1: You can have it.
Speaker 3: Just become like the cutest couple we've ever had on the.
Speaker 2: Show, A cucumber couple.
Speaker 4: God, that's my that's I'm I'm I'm pattenting that.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's all right original. We would like to send you out on another date with Rob or I guess on your first official date with Rob.
Speaker 5: If you're up for it, you promise not to just try to buy me a lemon drop and be all mysterious.
Speaker 4: I can't promise that I won't say some more cheesy lines, but I will. I won't get you a lemon drop.
Speaker 3: Okay, he'll be himself.
Speaker 5: That's so sweet, perfect I am. I am not lactose intolerant. I want all the cheese.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love that. God, Yeah, it was Guda.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: I can't get off the phone with you fast enough. We're so happy for it. Congratulations. Please keep us updated, but only through email.
Speaker 3: Please that freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how weird was that? I thought it was so cute.
Speaker 3: You thought it was weird?
Speaker 2: Well, just that it works?
Speaker 3: Oh my God, I just thought like it was just proof that he should have just been himself in the beginning and it all would have been so much better.
Speaker 2: But the hardest part about the call is like we couldn't say anything to blow his cover.
Speaker 3: Oh about the one like that he just came up with that one line on the spot.
Speaker 2: Because in part one he said that those are the cheesy lines about the cucumber. Those used to be his go to before he tried.
Speaker 3: I mean, why would we call him out on that?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there was just no way to bring it harmless, exactly like we were going to blow up his spot. But it's just crazy that the old stuff worked on this new girl.
Speaker 3: Before the next day, I can tell you right now he is ferociously googling new pickup lines to come up with as.
Speaker 2: Cheesy as they can because she loved it. Maybe the key is he was doing them over text and d MS and those types of things only work in person.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe, And I think I'm going to go back to just be yourself, but sure y yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, don't steal other people's jokes, try and be as original as you can. I think that's the lesson that we learned. And another lesson that you learned is you can all please email us for help with your dating life.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,